Thread: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - June 27th, 2017

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

SD Live WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - June 27th, 2017

SmackDown LIVE preview, June 27, 2017: Who will win the Women's Money in the Bank contract?
    After the controversial ending to the first-ever Women's Money in the Bank Ladder Match, SmackDown LIVE General Manager Daniel Bryan has declared that Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch, Carmella, Natalya and Tamina will face off once again for the coveted Money in the Bank contract, this time with James Ellsworth banned from ringside. Who will climb to new heights and earn a contract for a guaranteed SmackDown Women's Title Match? Find out on SmackDown LIVE, tonight at 8/7 C on USA Network!

The women of SmackDown LIVE will get another opportunity to make history tonight in the second-ever Women’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match.

The first match at WWE Money in the Bank was supposed to be a historic occasion, though it was arguably tarnished when James Ellsworth knocked Becky Lynch off a ladder, then climbed it himself. He retrieved the briefcase and tossed it down to a waiting Carmella. The Princess of Staten Island and Ellsworth gloated on SmackDown LIVE, flaunting in the faces of the WWE Universe that they had done nothing wrong by the letter of the law in the WWE Rulebook.

However, Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch, Natalya and Tamina saw things differently, and the four women urged SmackDown LIVE General Manager Daniel Bryan to “do the right thing.”

After considering all options, Bryan revealed that all five women would compete in another Ladder Match for the guaranteed title opportunity. Bryan took the briefcase from an astonished Carmella and announced on WWE Talking Smack that Ellsworth will be banned from ringside.

With Ellsworth’s meddling out of the equation, will Carmella be able to retrieve the coveted contract again, or will one of the other four Superstars be calling themselves Ms. Money in the Bank? Find out tonight on SmackDown LIVE at 8/7 C on USA Network!

Naomi and Lana face off in SmackDown Women’s Championship rematch
    Lana will get another opportunity to challenge for the SmackDown Women’s Title tonight in a clash with Naomi.

The Ravishing Russian certainly impressed the WWE Universe in her battle with Naomi at WWE Money in the Bank, but she was distracted when Carmella and James Ellsworth arrived on the scene, as The Princess of Staten Island teased that she might cash in her Money in the Bank contract. The disruption gave Naomi an opening to trap Lana in a submission hold to retain her title.

Following a backstage confrontation on the June 20 edition of SmackDown LIVE, Naomi agreed to once again defend her title against The Ravishing Russian the following week on the blue brand.

Will Lana prove she can hang with SmackDown LIVE’s best and make the most of her title opportunity, or will Naomi make The Ravishing Russian feel the glow? Find out tonight on SmackDown LIVE at 8/7 C on USA Network!

Sami Zayn battles Baron Corbin on SmackDown LIVE
    In a match requested by The Lone Wolf, Sami Zayn will battle Baron Corbin tonight on SmackDown LIVE.

Though Corbin is certainly in a position of power with the Money in the Bank briefcase in his possession, Zayn has had his number in recent weeks. The Underdog from The Underground has defeated The Lone Wolf on several occasions in singles and tag team action. However, Zayn has not gone unscathed in this rivalry, as a furious Corbin has unleashed his rage on Zayn multiple times.

Will Zayn continue his winning streak against The Lone Wolf, or will Corbin make sure that Zayn meets his End of Days? Find out tonight on SmackDown LIVE at 8/7 C on USA Network!

The Hype Bros battle The Usos for a chance to earn a SmackDown Tag Team Title Match
    The Hype Bros will get an opportunity to prove themselves tonight when they face the reigning SmackDown Tag Team Champions, The Usos, in non-title action.

The opportunity is a long time coming for Zack Ryder & Mojo Rawley. The two won a battle royal to earn a title match last December, but Ryder suffered a knee injury while earning the victory that kept him out of action until last week. The Hype Bros looked like they hadn’t lost a step at the WWE Money in the Bank Kickoff on Sunday during their impressive victory over The Colons, and now, they’ll finally get their chance to show what they can do against the champions while looking to earn a SmackDown Tag Team Title opportunity.

The Usos, however, have shown that they’re willing to do whatever it takes to stay on top of the mountain, evidenced by the count-out loss they took at WWE Money in the Bank against The New Day. How will Jimmy & Jey react when The Hype Bros turn up the heat tonight? Find out during SmackDown LIVE at 8/7 C on USA Network!

Sangre por Sangre

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - June 27th, 2017

SD is going to rock like Rolling Stones tonight. Women's MITB 2 new winner or more of the same with Carmella getting the Briefcase on her own. Still pulling for Charlotte to win again, because she can turn heel or stay face depending on what happens with Naomi/Lana. I see Lana winning tonight and maybe a rematch at Battleground.

Zayn/Corbin is going to be a good bout, and Hype Bros getting a non-title match vs the Usos why? Are they trying make us forget The Fashion Police got one title shot, and are more over than the Hype Bros? I just don't see anything with the Hype Bros turn Ryder heel and see where a feud with Mojo can go.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Very Important Lobster

Status
      Country                    United States

Not gonna be able to watch now so I'll throw it out there now; I think Becky wins the MITB match tonight

#Don'tHinderTheJinder #Maharaja #GOAT

On Vacation

Status

GIVE ME MORE MIKE AND MARIA KANELLIS.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status

I'll be in attendance for Smackdown tonight, so I'm hyped to see the rematch for the women's MITB live! Also hyped to see Shinsuke live for the first time ever as well the other announced matches, Lana/Naomi, Baron/Sami, and Hype Bros/Usos.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Legend Killer View Post
    GIVE ME MORE MIKE AND MARIA KANELLIS.
    Looks like a packed show tonight, wouldn't be surprised if they were subjected to another WWE.com appearance.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Sangre por Sangre

Status

Carmella rocking the MITB Gear again, will lighting strike again I hope not!

Real Women of Genius

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

So I only saw the highlights on YouTube but if they'd just booked that finish at the Money in the Bank show then we wouldn't have had all that drama about Ellsworth winning the match for Carmella and how it was a bullshit move in the narrative and only put heat on the bookers, not Carmella.

Also, why didn't Mike Kanellis cost Sami his match with Corbin if he was losing anyway? That would've made sense after Zayn interrupted him and Maria repeating their MitB debut (took me a hot second to realise that I wasn't watching a recap to be honest) and would give both guys something to do for the next few weeks.

Other thoughts:-

Why were the Ascension playing along with the Fashion Police? I get that it was amusing to do that but wouldn't it have been even funnier to have Breeze and Fandango trying to good cop/good cop them and Konnor and Viktor continually trying to slap them down with reality? I did like them saying the only reason they came out at Money in the Bank is cos they wanted a match on the card, because that's a believeable possibility... but that video was clearly them.

Who the fuck is Eddie Money? That reference totally went over my head.

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Eddie Money is an 80s rocker that fits into the Miami Vice thing they were doing.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

The Ascension were low-key fantastic in Fashion Vice and I genuinely like them more than ever. Between this and the Fashion Files episode a month-ish ago which revealed The Ascension's primal grunting and shrieking is probably a side-effect from using lead-based facepaint, the Ascension have been getting more character exploration than they have since... Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny RaiZ View Post
    Why were the Ascension playing along with the Fashion Police? I get that it was amusing to do that but wouldn't it have been even funnier to have Breeze and Fandango trying to good cop/good cop them and Konnor and Viktor continually trying to slap them down with reality? I did like them saying the only reason they came out at Money in the Bank is cos they wanted a match on the card, because that's a believeable possibility... but that video was clearly them.

Who the fuck is Eddie Money? That reference totally went over my head.
    I don't have answers for the first two questions because I'm pretty happy with how it all played out the way it did, but I'm going to do some stretching and justify the video:

Step 1: At MITB, Ascension find Breezango's office trashed up before Breezango do.
    Step 2: Ascension realize this could be an opportunity for them to actually get to do something - wrestle, on a PPV card, with a story behind it. They havn't been able to do that in years, seize that easy paycheck boys.
    Step 3: Ascension quickly make a tape claiming responsibility for trashing the office, call out Breezango for an in-ring battle.
    Step 4: lose to a roll-up

Now that, with the knowledge that Ascension took the credit for a quick PPV paycheck and that it WASN'T them who trashed the office nor attacked Tyler, when the real criminals show their faces they can not only feud with Breezango for reasons thus far unexplained, and feud with Ascension over them taking credit for the attack too if they want. EVERYBODY WINS.

For what it's worth the only Eddie Money song I know of is 'I've got two tickets to paradise' which I'm almost certain isn't grindcore thrash metal but I'm sure Konnor & Viktor will have a grand time at the concert anyway.
    Last edited by Smooth Jazz Wolf; 06-28-2017 at 11:40 AM.

Sangre por Sangre

Status

Smackdown was alright last night still didn't like how the Women on Smackdown are being booked. You have Lana get defeated in a minute how does that help Lana after having a better performance in the first bout? You tell me how do you build back up Lana now, and the only way you do that is if Lana attacks Naomi helping Carmella win the Women's Title. Still if that happens, why would I be invested in Naomi beating on Lana more?

The Women's MITB was a good bout, and still I didn't like how he went down. Ellsworth still got involved and helped her into the ring, which he wasn't allowed to be there in the first place, and you can legit use one hand to count what Carmella did in that match which was alot of sleeping. If Ellsworth is not there, she never gets back into the ring and doesn't win, but WWE sweeps it under the Rug again lol. They tried to hide the girl can't wrestle, and unless WWE plan on having her take the title sooner rather than later, she is going to be exposed week in and week out in the ring.

In other news Kevin Owens owned Talking Smack last night so I was happy by the end of the night.
    Last edited by Sadio HoHo; 06-28-2017 at 11:29 AM.

Real Women of Genius

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Eddie Money also sings certified 80's classic "Take Me Home Tonight" which I believe everyone has heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Smackdown was alright last night still didn't like how the Women on Smackdown are being booked. You have Lana get defeated in a minute how does that help Lana after having a better performance in the first bout? You tell me how do you build back up Lana now, and the only way you do that is if Lana attacks Naomi helping Carmella win the Women's Title. Still if that happens, why would I be invested in Naomi beating on Lana more?
    Well, with Lana now the story isn't about beating Naomi, it's about building from what she's done already and making it back into the title picture. Or it should be, fuck knows what the 'E will actually do but for my money you have her start at the bottom and work her way up to the top. Unfortunately right now the bottom of the women's division is Tamina or Natalya who are heels as well and if that second Money in the Bank match is anything to go by Carmella and Becky will be heading into a fued now, so Lana is stuck with either turning face (which she can do because everyone loves her but isn't ideal for the story yet), having a heel vs. heel fued or we have to have Nattie turn face (the better option in my eyes but it might not take because, as I mentioned, everyone fucking loves Lana) and working upwards from there, through Nattie, Becky, Naomi and Charlotte eventually turning face because of how hard she's worked and how much she's (hopefully) improved and facing newly crowned champion and evil doer Carmella to be the hero at next years Money in the Bank...

But, it's almost definitely not going to happen like that for numerous reasons, not least of which being the division is fucking tiny.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I saw Eddie Money play a New Years Show a few years ago in my city. He was drunk off his ass and verbally harassing random ladies in the audience.

That show was better than a majority of last night's Smackdown.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status

I had fun at this show last night, the rest of the crowd was hot for the show and really into the main event. Dark match after 205 Live was AJ/Shinsuke/Randy vs Kevin/Dolph/Jinder. It was fun but didn't last long, all of the faces hit their finishers on everyone with the match ending by AJ hitting the Phenomenal forearm to KO.

Also, I recognized a few of the security that dragged out James as some local guys so that was cool.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Darling Nicky View Post
    I saw Eddie Money play a New Years Show a few years ago in my city. He was drunk off his ass and verbally harassing random ladies in the audience.
    Goddamn that sounds like a blast.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    Wales

Opening segment was ok. Carmella is really improving all round lately and did some more solid work here. WWE went there with D-Brys injury again...he's so going to wrestle in a WWE ring again with all these sly digs haha.

Usos/Hype Bros was err yeah ok from what I saw of it haha.

Fashion vice with the Ascension? I'm sure there's people marking out somewhere!

Womens title match...just a pointless throw away few minutes.

Poor Aiden English getting interrupted by Orton haha...Orton stuff dragged abit but Mahal vs Orton in a Punjabi Prison match should be good.

Oooh the Kanellis' are here....ahah Sami...so that's Mike's first feud...Sami jobbing again there then sigh.

Corbin/Zayn was perfectly fine. They need to build Corbin properly now they got the chance to do so again. The odd loss won't hurt him in the long term either...as for Sami he needs to get a win streak going but we all know that won't be happening.

MITB match was probably better this time around. They still had the Ellsworth effect but he took the worst bump of the match. I think in future they need to allow these women to take more risks in order for the matches to become better.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Thread Information