Thread: Mauro Ranallo Is Back In WWE As NXT Commentator

For A Better WC

Status
      Country                    England

Mauro Ranallo Is Back In WWE As NXT Commentator

A familiar voice is returning to the WWE announce team, this time as part of the NXT brand.

Former SmackDown LIVE play-by-play man Mauro Ranallo just revealed on social media that he will soon join WWE’s yellow-and-black brand as a commentator.

“THE NXT CHAPTER BEGINS!” Ranallo wrote in an Instagram post, in which he also said that he is thrilled to join the NXT announce team.

Triple H responded on Twitter, noting that Ranallo and NXT make for a natural combination

A veteran of combat-sport broadcasting, Ranallo lent his booming voice and encyclopedic knowledge of the mat game to last year’s WWE Cruiserweight Classic. In addition, Ranallo has announced thousands of mixed martial arts, boxing and sports-entertainment matches in his 30-year career. This August, he will call the blockbuster boxing match between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and MMA icon Conor McGregor.

Never one to miss the precise name of an esoteric hold, a timely pop-culture reference or an exclamatory “Mamma mia!,” Ranallo will soon have his first chance to commentate over NXT’s hard-hitting brand of action.

wwe.com
    THE QUOTEBOOK LIVES ON!

Really happy Mauro's back in WWE and hopefully he'll be comfortable in his new role (although I'd have loved him as like an English commentator for NJPW). Apparently he was supposed to be back in time for Takeover Chicago but that didn't materialise in time.

JBL doesn't work NXT.....interesting

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Mauro Ranallo Is Back In WWE As NXT Commentator

This is the perfect role for him. Easier people to work with and far less stressful than doing a live show every week.

Also can't wait to hear him compare Aleister Black to a mix tape.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Pain does not lie

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

So happy when I heard this news earlier. I love his commentary way before WWE took a look at him and wanting to use his services back when he was starting with Showtime Boxing. Dude has moved up in the world and I'm proud to see it. NXT weekly I watch here and there until the Takeover shows I'm in there like Swimwear, so to have him on board I might change my mind watching the show weekly.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Hakuna Matata

Status

Great news to have Mauro back in WWE. Him and Nigel calling matches together should be a real treat, and I've missed his quotes and pop culture references.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Pony Mod

Status
      Country                    Australia

NXT + Mauro feels like it'll be a good fit. The current NXT commentary team feels like it's missing something, and Mauro could very well be that something.

Olympic Hero Smod

Status

So happy Mauro is back. He's a great fit for NXT and it should be an easier schedule for him to work no doubt.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Good news everyone.
    NXT has been in need of a fresh voice to replace Tom Phillips and Mauro is the perfect guy for the job. Nigel McGuinness and Percy Watson have been in desperate need of an experienced hand to guide them for a while and again, Mauro will provide that. It's a lighter schedule too which I'm sure will help him and he's away from JBL interestingly. I hear that he's also going to be allowed to crack on with the Bellator gig that he signed up for when it looked like he was leaving, and I think he's also going to be allowed to call the McGregor vs Mayweather fight too. Very cool on WWE's part to let him do that crossover (and it will only be beneficial to WWE too).

Very happy that they were able to work things out and figure out a way around whatever problem that happened. NXT is the only show I watch in it's entirety on a week to week basis too so I'm glad that I'm gong to be getting my Mauro Ranallo fix!

Backyarder

Status
      Country                    Cyprus

That's great news! Along with Striker is the best wrestling commentator at the moment. Now if they get Mike Goldberg as well and have him replace JBL will be awesome.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

People still think Striker is a good announcer?
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Canada

I Would like to see a 2 man commentating team in NXT
    Mauro & Nigel

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Darling Nicky View Post
    People still think Striker is a good announcer?
    I think he's good. I know that most think he's just a glorified fan and goes over the top, but I like his passion. Plus he knows his stuff, you can trust him to do his research on wrestlers and come out with great factoids about them when he's calling matches.

In response to your second comment; people still think that McGuinness is good?

Olympic Hero Smod

Status

Matt Striker is the absolute worse. I no longer watch Lucha Underground because of him.

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB

Status

I like Striker but I don't watch Lucha Underground regularly... yet.

...but this is a thread about Mauro returning to the fold and that's fantastic news! It's time for Tom to concentrate on SmackDown, he's earned that spot, and this gives an experienced and well-liked voice to the NXT audience who can help guide Percy and (to a certain extent) Nigel to better calls. It's a shame that he was forced out of his position on the main roster broadcasts but in my personal opinion NXT is a far better product than RAW or SmackDown these days so selfishly I'm happy Mauro will be on my show.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Great news as I enjoyed Mauro's commentating. Hopefully he'll replace Philips as he is very annoying.
    I have a plan so cunning......

The Diplomatic Shadow

Status

I found Mauro to be decent, but I still think the guy need's to take a note from The Briscoe's and MAN UP!
    Time stood still, and it shared with me all that had been, and all that was to come.

Thread Information