Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: G1 Climax 27

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

NJPW G1 Climax 27

It's time for everyone's favourite round robin puro heavyweight tournament of the year! The winner gets a spot in the Wrestle Kingdom main event! I'll spruce the thread up as more info comes out but making it now as the participants have been confirmed. The tournament will officially begin on July 17th and finish August 13th. Get hyped.

CONFIRMED ENTRANTS:

Spoiler:

Bad Luck Fale
    EVIL
    Hirooki Goto
    Hiroshi Tanahashi
    Juice Robinson
    Kazuchika Okada
    Kenny Omega
    KOTA IBUSHI
    Michael Elgin
    Minoru Suzuki
    SANADA
    Satoshi Kojima
    Tama Tonga
    Tetsuya Naito
    Togi Makabe
    Tomohiro Ishii
    Toru Yano
    YOSHI-HASHI
    Yuji Nagata (his last tournament, I believe)
    ZACK SABRE JR.

BLOCK STANDINGS

A BLOCK
    (after 8 of 9 matches)
    Spoiler:

Hiroshi Tanahashi - 12 points
    Tetsuya Naito - 12 points
    Bad Luck Fale - 10 points (Eliminated)
    Kota Ibushi - 10 points (Eliminated)
    Hirooki Goto - 8 points (Eliminated)
    Tomohiro Ishii - 8 points (Eliminated)
    Zack Sabre Jr. - 8 points (Eliminated)
    Togi Makabe - 6 points (Eliminated)
    YOSHI-HASHI - 4 points (Eliminated)
    Yuji Nagata - 2 points (Eliminated)

B BLOCK
    (after 8 of 9 matches)
    Spoiler:

Kazuchika Okada - 13 points
    Kenny Omega - 12 points
    EVIL - 10 points (Eliminated)
    Minoru Suzuki - 9 points (Eliminated)
    SANADA - 8 points (Eliminated)
    Michael Elgin - 8 points (Eliminated)
    Juice Robinson - 6 points (Eliminated)
    Tama Tonga - 6 points (Eliminated)
    Toru Yano - 6 points (Eliminated)
    Satoshi Kojima - 2 points (Eliminated)

---

No real surprises other than ZSJ and fucking Kota Ibushi. Ibushi due to Tiger Mask W stuff and ZSJ since most people would typically view him as a Junior Heavyweight but as Ed will point out - he has been booked as a heavyweight since coming into NJPW.

Predicting we might get Ibushi vs Naito in the final. Might have Ibushi beat Okada to set up a title defence for KOPW.... but I also think Omega vs Okada is happening in this tournament and I can't see them giving away Omega vs Ibushi until WK. Hard to say. Unless they do Omega vs Ibushi as a block decider to lead into a WK rematch but dunno, feels doubtful.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 08-09-2017 at 10:39 PM.
    ----

----

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

The Cult of Mayu Iwatani

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Re: G1 Climax 27

IBUSHI yes yes yes yes yes this is he best line up ever. But where is taichi

Status

I'm quite interested in who is in Okada's block. We're getting one of Okada vs Tanahashi, Naito, Omega or Ibushi for sure this year. Hope Nagata and Suzuki fight each other for the ultimate battle of JUSTICE.
    ----

----

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.
      Country                    United States

Cool that Juice got into the G1 as well.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

The Cult of Mayu Iwatani

Status

What a line up, can't wait to see what the blocks will be. Apparently he plan before wk was naito vs Okada wasn't it? But then omega happened so I don't see what hey are going to do here which makes it exciting and unpredictable. I think naitio is winning it.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Darling Nicky View Post
    Cool that Juice got into the G1 as well.
    Been on fire this year. Legit a mark for him now

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    What a line up, can't wait to see what the blocks will be. Apparently he plan before wk was naito vs Okada wasn't it? But then omega happened so I don't see what hey are going to do here which makes it exciting and unpredictable. I think naitio is winning it.
    Not sure. I'm not clued up on inside knowledge and shit. Just prefer not knowing when it comes to NJPW but I think alot of people think Omega held NJPW to ransom last year and threatened to leave if he didn't win G1. As far as being exciting and unpredictable - will have to wait to see how the blocks shake out. We'll probably see either Naito or Okada win it. I'll go for a Naito vs Ibushi final. Or Omega vs Naito. There'll be some unpredictability along the line eventually.
    ----

----

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

[Blank Space]

Status
      Country                    UK

Cody is noticeably absent, thought he was already confirmed?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Cody is noticeably absent, thought he was already confirmed?
    Was trolling. He's booked for dates elsewhere throughout the tourny and I don't think he wants to gain a rep for noshowing. Participants pretty much giving away who's winning at the G1 specials in the big title matches
    ----

----

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.
      Country                    United States

I'm a Juice mark as well, he's made huge improvements over the last few years.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

For A Better WC

Status
      Country                    England

WHEN THE FUCK AM I GONNA GET A FUCKING G1 TOURNAMENT WITHOUT TORU YANO.

I don't consider Kota Ibushi a surprise, I always thought this would be the time they'd take the mask off him and get serious with him again. I tried to predict the blocks over the weekend and the only participate I got incorrectly was I had Cody involved instead of Tama because I didn't know about Cody's dates clashing. When Tama's face appeared on the video I had a scary thought that his brother was gonna be in it too. Tama still feels the most random entrant in this thing so I'm guessing he's the sub in for Shibata.

So looking at last year we've lost:
    - Katsuyori Shibata
    - Hiroyoshi Tenzan
    - Naomichi Marufuji
    - Katsuhiko Nakajima
    - Tomoaki Honma

and we've gained:
    - Minoru Suzuki
    - Zack Sabre Jr
    - Juice Robinson
    - Kota Ibushi
    - Satoshi Kojima

I don't think that's a bad batch of substitutions at all and puts some fresh matches into the mix. Both Zack and Ibushi are elite wrestlers on their day, and if they keep the Suzuki-Gun interference down too, Suzuki should have a good tournament too. Juice is gonna be all out to impress like he has done in his title matches and Kojima is a solid hand and is a step up from Tenzan when you remove the emotional angle from last year. Damn shame we haven't got Shibata for the purposes of IT'S GONNA BE HIS YEAR predictions, but he has his disappointing nights in tournaments.

Nagata's final tournament? I bet it goes as well as Liger's did, 1-8.

I'm hyped. roll on july.

For A Better WC

Status

Double post, but here's my predicted lineup or the blocks:

BLOCK A
    Okada
    Ibushi
    Goto
    Suzuki
    Sanada
    Fale
    Evil
    Nagata
    Kojima
    Yano

BLOCK B
    Tanahashi
    Omega
    Naito
    Ishii
    Big Mike
    Zack Sabre Jr
    Yoshi Hashi
    Makabe
    Juice
    Tama Tonga

Status

These blocks are a pain in the arse to predict but here's my guess (and I am probably miles off):

A

Okada
    Ibushi
    Omega
    Ishii
    Big Mike
    ZSJ
    EVIL
    Makabe
    Kojima
    Tama Tonga

B

Tanahashi
    Naito
    Goto
    Suzuki
    Nagata
    SANADA
    Juice
    YOSHI-HASHI
    Fale
    Yano

Final: Omega vs Naito

I don't think this is right since (in my booking) Okada would have to fail to pick up 2 points against at least two people for Omega to be in the finals. I'd have Omega beat Ibushi final day to get through to the finals after Ibushi beats Okada. I'd probably be tempted to have Okada go over Omega too on Day 1. Might be a clusterfuck between those three. I'm guessing we get Omega vs Ibushi at the dome and they might not run it here for that purpose but I think we're getting either Ibushi vs Naito or Omega vs Naito as the finals. I don't think Ibushi should be in the final if I have him going over Okada anyway and he's going to get that title shot down the line. It's difficult to predict altogether. Guaranteed SEVEN STAR classics no matter which way the 'draw' goes.

Added the fighter announcement video into the OP. That reaction for Ibushi. Waterfalls spontaneously appearing everywhere in Japan.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 06-23-2017 at 06:10 PM.
    ----

----

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Status

OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED BLOCKS

Block A:

Bad Luck Fale
    Hirooki Goto
    Hiroshi Tanahashi
    Kota Ibushi
    Tetsuya Naito
    Togi Makabe
    Tomohiro Ishii
    YOSHI-HASHI
    Yuji Nagata
    Zack Sabre Jr

Block B:

Big Mike
    EVIL
    Juice Robinson
    Kazuchika Okada
    Kenny Omega
    Minoru Suzuki
    SANADA
    Satoshi Kojima
    Tama Tonga
    Toru Yano

The Omega vs Naito/Ibushi final is on lads and Okada/Omega III is FUCKING CONFIRMED

Thoughts on other potential matches:

Fale vs ZSJ is going to be interesting. No way ZSJ is going over him without some sort of intriguing gameplan.

Nagata vs ZSJ also interesting. Wish we got Suzuki vs Nagata instead to give Nagata a title match. I'm guessing someone in B Block benefits instead.

Tana, Naito, Ishii and Ibushi together is going to be fun.

Okada vs Omega III. Perfect chance for Omega to win. 30 minutes is not long enough for Okada to start slow and get into it. Omega can "tactically" win by tossing the kitchen sink at him from the start.

Toru Yano vs Suzuki will be the G1s answer to Taichi vs TAKA.

Kojima to beat Suzuki and get a damn title shot.

SANADA vs Juice will kick ass.

SANADA, Omega, Elgin and Suzuki are the candidates to beat Okada and get the title match after. Suzuki is unlikely. SANADA would be a great way to tie into Okada vs Naito at the Dome.

Toru Yano probably stealing a win from Okada too for lulz

Suppose it is possible Ibushi beats Omega in final before losing the briefcase (due to Omega) to Naito. Doubtful tho.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 06-26-2017 at 07:11 AM.
    ----

----

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

The EST of WC

Status

Omega/Okada bout to fight to the death

But yeah Naito or Ibushi v Omega final is all but confirmed from those blocks. Naito pls.

The Cult of Mayu Iwatani

Status

Okada vs Omega III confirmed. We also get suzuki vs okada rematch and suzuki vs omega aswell. I'm interested on how SANADA will do in this block, depending on his matches I can see him breaking out as a star this G1. SANADA VS EVIL will be very interesting. I can see yano being the one who beats okada preventing him from advancing.

For A Better WC

Status

I'll get more into it after work when I'm not on my phone but Block A smokes Block B as far as personal enjoyment goes, I think it'll produce more high end matches and very few meh matches like Fale Vs Makabe. Block B's big draw is the match I've had enough of this year.

Anyone predicting Ibushi Vs Omega as a final is being very naive. Cannot see Gedo burning the big NJPW dream match on a show that always draws well BEFORE anyone knows what the final is. Not being in the same block confirms they are saving it for the dome for me.

The EST of WC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Anyone predicting Ibushi Vs Omega as a final is being very naive. Cannot see Gedo burning the big NJPW dream match on a show that always draws well BEFORE anyone knows what the final is. Not being in the same block confirms they are saving it for the dome for me.
    Ed having some faith in Gedo? That's a first

For A Better WC

Status

Looks like Shake and I both got 6/10 when it came to guessing the blocks, gotta make four substitutions to get the correct block. I think Shake also makes some good points on who might get title shots via G1 victories.

Anyway some more in-depth thoughts on the block announcements:

Firstly I think the most disappointing thing is that they've shown their hand too much. I've been thinking about it all afternoon and I can't see anyway Naito doesn't win this thing because running Omega/Okada III as a block match means that certainly won't be the WrestleKingdom main event, which points pretty heavily at Omega/Ibushi and Okada/Naito for the dome. I know Naito 'could' just win the briefcase off the G1 winner later in the year but lets be real they're never running that angle. So with Naito an absolute lock to win his block, who could he face in the final? Not Okada because you're saving that for the Dome, not his LIJ teammates because it's too early to split them, not Kojima because he's too old, not Juice because it's his first one and not Yano because he's fucking Yano. That only leaves you with Kenny Omega, Minoru Suzuki and Big Mike and given the Champion is in their block, they surely won't all be in contention on the final day. I know most people will be predicting Omega/Naito, but I just don't know, I could see Gedo wanting to protect another big match and running Elgin/Naito which is a match people enjoyed back at the start of the year. I think it could be a really predictable end to the tournament, lets just say that. After looking at the block announcements today, I miss Katsuyori Shibata and his black horse status in the G1 more than ever because he could at least work me into being a potential winner.

As I said earlier, Block A is without a doubt the block I'm more invested in (despite the predictable winner). Ibushi and ZSJ were the two men that were gonna give a whole host of fresh, great matches no matter what block they landed in, and they're in the same god damn block. Add them to Tanahashi, Naito, Goto and Ishii and you've got 6 guys who have the potential to put on a MOTYC anytime one of them faces each other, which realistically is gonna happen at least once every show. Then on top of that you've got Yuji Nagata in there for his final G1, after Tenzan and Liger I've given up on them ever doing the miracle run story, but the crowds should be so invested in his matches which will be solid enough. Then they've got one of last year's MVPs in YOSHI-HASHI who could really take on that underdog spirit that will be lacking without Honma. After that you're only left with Fale and Makabe who with the right opponent can have good matches, Fale especially. Long story short, Block A has a bunch of dudes that are consistent in tournaments, can deliver high end MOTYC's and has the fresh, exciting match ups.

Block B is less exciting to me, but that's not to say it couldn't deliver above expectations like Block B of the BOSJ did. Evil, Sanada, Suzuki, Big Mike and Kojima could all be solid players but I'm not really excited to see any of their matches, nor do I see them being that great. You've also got to put up with Yano being Yano every night, and I'd need a big improvement from Tama from his performances in the last G1. Juice is gonna probably end up being a favourite of mine in this block because it's essentially all fresh matches to him and he'll be dying to make a great impression in this tournament. This block is just so lacking in matches that jump off the page because Okada's recently fought Omega and Suzuki so it's really just Omega/Suzuki and Sanada's matches against those three and Evil that's gonna raise an eyebrow from me.

I think if I was gonna make one change, I'd swap ZSJ with Suzuki because that would give Block B an elite wrestler who has fresh, exciting matches with everyone which is what the block is lacking in, especially against Okada and Kojima where he could kill them with arm work. Plus it would send Suzuki over for some tasty matches on paper, including meeting his old rival Yuji Nagata which could of been a fun last hurrah for Nagata in the G1 on the final night.

It sounds like I'm complaining, but I'm still mega hyped. Block A I think certainly is gonna be a block where I won't want to skip matches until the inevitable fatigue kicks in after the 10th show.

Status

I do think Block A is more stacked but I think if you look at Block B, there is potential for alot of dudes to break out and have some big matches. SANADA and Juice being two. SANADA had a taste of it last year but this might be the G1 where he stands out. I think I would swap ZSJ for Suzuki too. I am kind of worrying about ZSJ in Block A. You've got Tana, Naito, Ishii, Ibushi and Goto there along with him. It's packing mad heat... I can only see ZSJ going over Ibushi and Goto. But I could be wrong. He's faced Ishii before, yes? I would like to see ZSJ beat Goto and maybe spoil someone's chances on the final day (Tanahashi would be shocking). This is a G1 Shibata would've been great for, too. Can't see Goto having the run he did last year, either. He's a good candidate to beat Tanahashi though for title shot. Can't express how much I'm looking forward to what Tanahashi gets up to as I think there's a boatload of interesting IC matchups to be made down the line.

A friend in need is a pest

Status
      Country                    Canada

I can't wait for this to start!

[07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]
    Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    [06:19 PM]
    Stonewall Dakson
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    Stonewall Dakson
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]
    Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    Btw Jiggy said I was only a 4 on a scale of 1 to Jon for being annoying so that's my resolution covered.
    BS Mafia 4 Lyfe: Dakstang Dook Duke HoHo Punk Wolf CocksDynamite Creeping Death Swamps

Thread Information