Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 241 to 254 of 254

Thread: G1 Climax 27

  1. #241
    BURNING HAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!
    MC 16's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Osaka-Jo Hall
    Posts
    2,661
    Rep Power
    66902
      Country                    Great Britain

    Re: G1 Climax 27

    if shibata ever returns i would put him in a tag team to protect the amount of shots he would take to the skull. Or at least was up on them. Glad he is okay though
    Io KENTA Mayu

  2. #242
    Shuyaku
    Kairi HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Winterfell
    Posts
    30,045
    Rep Power
    164788
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: G1 Climax 27

    Just finished Okada/Omega man that was an amazing bout to watch. I could watch those two work their asses off daily if I ever got the chance. Great to see that big win for Omega, because this dude would of sold his soul to the Devil himself to win over Okada. Omega conquered one Demon in Okada, can't wait to see if he can conquer another one in Naito. I'm deciding whether to watch the whole show or the Main Event decisions to make indeed.

    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

    Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

  3. #243
    LARIATOOOOOOOO

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    29,253
    Rep Power
    499613
      Country                    England

    Re: G1 Climax 27

    Just started to rewatch Shibata/Okada after today's events, and I totally forgot that the injury happened in Sumo Hall as well.

  4. #244

    RainShaker's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Korakuen Hall Safe Standing Section
    Posts
    15,279
    Rep Power
    372389
      Country                    Jamaica

    Re: G1 Climax 27

    Yeah, was gonna say in the moment of the year thread that it's extra special because it's Shibata returning to the place it happened, and arguably, the scene of him truly breaking out as a star. As far as a WK12 angle goes, could be. I mean... fuck, he looks good for a dude who had half of his body immobile and he's certainly moving better than he did leaving the ring at SG. Give him Captain fookin' New Japan Boner Soldier. A match with Tanahashi wouldn't be as bad but I just get the feeling that if that happened, it would revolve around Shibata's style vs Tana's style and you'd end up with Tanahashi trying to play him at his own game.

    Just keep Shibata away from Suzuki or those deadly top rope piledrivers otherwise RaiZ's dreams come true and he gets to see a dude get killed by one.

    Your thoughts on Shibata/Okada after a rewatch? Or maybe you should save that for the MOTY thread. Still is my match of the year btw. Everything about that match is near flawless for me.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 08-13-2017 at 07:05 PM.





    IMPORTANT MESSAGE

    Spoiler:




    ~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:






  5. #245
    LARIATOOOOOOOO

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    29,253
    Rep Power
    499613
      Country                    England

    Re: G1 Climax 27

    Quote Originally Posted by RyuShake Taguchi View Post
    Your thoughts on Shibata/Okada after a rewatch? Or maybe you should save that for the MOTY thread. Still is my match of the year btw. Everything about that match is near flawless for me.
    It's still in my MOTYC list, so like top 10 as a baseline, but I'm really not sure what my #1 is anymore (or I'm just not revealing it until I post my top 100 thread ). I wasn't really feeling the opening 5 minutes with the weird grappling and then the Inoki tributes, but at least it breaks away from the usual Okada formula. Once it gets going, it just doesn't stop. Strangely the headbutt adds to the match now, because I'm imagining how hard it must of been for Shibata to carry on wrestling for those extra 5-10 minutes.

  6. #246

    RainShaker's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Korakuen Hall Safe Standing Section
    Posts
    15,279
    Rep Power
    372389
      Country                    Jamaica

    Re: G1 Climax 27

    It's a pretty intense match and the headbutt, despite the consequences, plays a massive part. The shot of Shibata with blood going down his face is epic. Yeah, I've been quite impressed by how he went on afterwards - especially given that when he is leaving, he is not selling, he's legit fucked. Dude's arm and leg numbed up quickly.

    I wonder if the adrenaline kept him going. Maybe Shibata needs to wrestle to live. It'd make sense.

    -----

    Anyone have any inkling who this weirdo with the knives is supposed to be? Jay White is a solid pick but feels so out of left field. Or maybe NJPW is introducing a women's division and that was a direct feed to Tsukushi sharpening up for her debut....





    IMPORTANT MESSAGE

    Spoiler:




    ~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:






  7. #247
    LARIATOOOOOOOO

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    29,253
    Rep Power
    499613
      Country                    England

    Re: G1 Climax 27

    Quote Originally Posted by RyuShake Taguchi View Post
    Anyone have any inkling who this weirdo with the knives is supposed to be? Jay White is a solid pick but feels so out of left field. Or maybe NJPW is introducing a women's division and that was a direct feed to Tsukushi sharpening up for her debut....
    My first instinct was Trent Baretta because we know RPG Vice split up at Long Beach and he expressed his desire to be a heavyweight which was an odd and unexpected direction. Given the effort he's put into his matches this year, I could see New Japan giving him a repackage gimmick to help that transition to heavyweight. He's not injured so I don't think NJPW would hold off him for too much longer.

    Could be one of the excursion boys like White or Sho/Yohei, but it didn't feel like a tag team vignette and I think White just slips back into Taguchi Japan when he finishes up.

  8. #248
    Circle Jerker
    KAIZEN's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    637
    Rep Power
    37104
      Country                    Hong Kong

    Re: G1 Climax 27

    Quote Originally Posted by RyuShake Taguchi View Post
    Anyone have any inkling who this weirdo with the knives is supposed to be? Jay White is a solid pick but feels so out of left field. Or maybe NJPW is introducing a women's division and that was a direct feed to Tsukushi sharpening up for her debut....
    you /stupid mark it/s clearly 4 PENTA EL ZERO M

  9. #249
    Scumbag Role Model
    Darling Nicky's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    44,028
    Rep Power
    541833
      Country                    United States

    Re: G1 Climax 27

    Holy fuck Naito versus Omega was exhausting. I was really into it, but there was just so much cringe and big spot moments that had me thinking someone was going to die in order to win this shit

    Had your overkill but I still enjoyed the match. Good final. What a blast of a tournament. Exhausting but fun! Got to hand it to Gedo and Jado because there's a lot to look forward to post-G1 and they have succeeded with finally getting Naito over as a likable face.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    People Obsessed With Nicky: RainShaker, indyfan
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

  10. #250
    Shuyaku
    Kairi HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Winterfell
    Posts
    30,045
    Rep Power
    164788
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: G1 Climax 27

    It's truly a blessing to have seen Omega and Naito in the G1 Climax earlier today. It was a religious struggle for fans like myself, because I love both guys so it's hard to choose who I wanted to see more win it. Their were so many moments that made me OH MY GOD and I nearly kicked off my Laptop off the Bed especially spots like the Reverse Rana in the Air by Naito, that Springboard Neckbreaker and the Point Blank Range Knees to the face done to Naito from Omega woof. I know Naito and Omega probably after that match took their Showers, got something to eat and went to bed. When you use that much energy and effort in a match, you ain't wanting to do the club thing at least that night. Honestly a good majority of the G1 competitors need some rest, because plenty of them had bandages and wraps for aching injuries.

    Honorary mentions goes to Taguchi and Ricochet winning the IWGP Junior Tag Titles, and Muffin Ass giving me a VR Strip Tease for my enjoyment.






    Shibata though showing up and saying I'm alive I was so happy to see him as was the crowd in attendance. I don't know how his healthy been lately, but you can tell and believe someone not by words, but their eyes and his eyes tell me he's going to do everything in his power to get back inside the ring. Lastly just saw a video with Ibushi confrontation Omega after the loss, I know those two are best friends what's the story with those two lately?

    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

    Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

  11. #251
    The Bastard of Bolton
    Shade's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Winterfell
    Posts
    3,283
    Rep Power
    24916

    Re: G1 Climax 27

    Watched the G1 27 Finals yesterday, In truth wasn't able to keep fully up to date with the shows as I'd have liked. But made sure to keep checking in on the results and goings on. Enjoyed the opening match but at the same time maybe just me felt Kushida should have been doing more than jerking the curtain. However the build to his match with El Desperado was strong so I can't complain too much. Not that big on Taichi in truth but his girl is fit so I can put up with him haha. Steadily getting more impressed with Kawato for me he is one of the real standouts of the Lions so far. The one thing I'm sad about in not being able to constantly check in is that I feel I missed out on seeing all of Nagata's matches in what was unfortunately his last run.

    Same time I'm thrilled to know by all accounts he delivered big time throughout. Match with the GODs was standard fare but the show of respect afterwords was cool. Nagata is a legend and he can still fucking go in the ring which is fantastic. While I'm steadily becoming a bigger fan of NJPW I can't help but feel a little disappointed in the handling of Hirooki Goto. To me it seems like he could be doing a lot more in the company but is relegated to a role of a guy who constantly loses the big one. As for Yoshi-Hashi not sure what it is but I'm just not sold on him. Makabe bless him doesn't really do much and as for Finlay to me he has made a big improvement and I'm looking to see more for him. No complaints about the match in question.

    Quite liked the Bullet Club six man tag team match. Big fan of Chase Owens and have never really been disappointed with Bad Luck Fale. Yujiro is more a character than a wrestler but I do like the character of the Tokyo Pimp, Probably as I like his taste in women haha. Always liked Hiroshi Tenzan and I'm a big fan of Satoshi Kojima but for me the standout on their team was Juice Robinson. The fact that I used to write him off as CJ Parker and didn't think much of him. Impresses me more now as he has improved ten fold in my eyes. Would love to see TenKoji and Juice go against LIJ. As for the Jr Heavyweight tag title match, I've never really been one for the Young Bucks Shtick. But lately with their shift in styles and limb work. I've actually came to become a fan of the duo. Speaking of which absolutely loved Ricochet's selling in this match. Felt he was a very compelling injured face. As for Ryusuke Taguchi, I'm just not impressed. Like I've seen matches of him where he pulls out all of the stops and that's fantastic but then he works these matches where all he does is use his ass. It just puts me off of his matches. Match was good though but part of me would have preferred Ricochet and Dave Finlay in this role.

    Return of Shibata was a fantastic, emotional moment. Glad to see he has made a significant recovery from his injuries but as big a fan that I am. I'd rather he never step back in the ring again. As for the cryptic promo part of me is thinking Jay White? but could see it becoming someone totally left field. War Machine vs Cody/Page was alright but let's be honest that result was never in doubt. Which is a shame as I'm a big fan of Adam Page and want him to do well. Return of KES was great though! Haven't been overly impressed with Suzuki-Gun this year but I do like the likes of Sabre, Suzuki, KES and Desperado. So the Suzuki-Gun tag match against Tanahashi/Elgin/Ibushi was good. Not a fan of Takashi Iizuka but thankfully he didn't bring the match down. The post match for me was killer. Dug Suzuki/Elgin and Sabre/Tanahashi hype.

    Return of Daryl was great haha. While I hadn't followed the tournament I know about what a bastard Fale was. Apart from Yano I like all the guys in this match and I'm genuinely loving this push of EVIL. For me he is one of the most improved guys in New Japan and I think him vs Okada will be a fantastic match. Finally main event may have been a tad OTT with the ending but apart from that I really enjoyed it. Naito was the right winner in my eyes and dug the shit out of him celebrating with LIJ. Overall thought this was a top notch show with some incredibly memorable moments. Can't wait to see more.





  12. #252
    One Batch, Two Batch
    RaiZ-R's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    21,328
    Rep Power
    89527

    Re: G1 Climax 27

    Quote Originally Posted by RyuShake Taguchi View Post
    Just keep Shibata away from Suzuki or those deadly top rope piledrivers otherwise RaiZ's dreams come true and he gets to see a dude get killed by one.
    I'm sure this was a joke... but don't. I would never wish that on anyone. I want piledriver limited in wrestling and I want them sold seriously when they are used, because they can legitimately cripple and kill and one wrong move is the end of someone for the sake of our entertainment and I'm not okay with that.

    As for Shibata himself, I've seen very little of his work but appreciate it a lot (except the headbutts) and having only really started paying attention to New Japan this last couple of months I have to say that the moment his music started playing and the crowd realised what was happening was one of the most amazing moments I've witnessed in wrestling, the outpouring of love for him was insane and I could feel it through the screen, several days after the fact and with the moment spoiled ahead of time; I can only imagine what that was like to watch live and unspoiled, especially for a fan who's followed his career closely.

    I couldn't keep up with the tournament in the end, it became too much. I ended up taking a few days off and having to binge through about five shows in a day in order to catch up and even then I still ended up watching the final a few days after the fact - I hadn't had that spoiled for me but I had a fair idea where it was going to go and didn't mind being given exactly what was expected at all.

    Things I learned during the G1:-

    EVIL is more than just a tag team guy, like I used to think.

    Suzuki is basically New Japan's version of Undertaker; older dude that terrifies all the ref's and has his Ministry do his biding to gain an extra advantage over his opponents even though he should already be able to beat most of them without any help.

    Juice Robinson is excellent.

    Michael Elgin is also excellent but New Japan don't seem to have noticed and keep on jobbing him out.

    Toru Yano amuses the crowds in Japan (and Gedo and Jado) way more than he amuses me and I would very much appreciate it if he wasn't there but get that he does have a place on the roster. Could do with him not being involved in the G1 though; although I did enjoyed him and Omega.

    SANADA has a ton of potential but right now something just isn't clicking and he does feel a bit like he's just a tag team guy. Which isn't a knock on tag team guys.

    Tama Tonga is funny, not just sweary.

    Kojima and Nagata are old as balls but can still fucking go and I love them both.

  13. #253

    RainShaker's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Korakuen Hall Safe Standing Section
    Posts
    15,279
    Rep Power
    372389
      Country                    Jamaica

    Re: G1 Climax 27

    Quote Originally Posted by KAIZEN View Post
    you /stupid mark it/s clearly 4 PENTA EL ZERO M
    captain fookin' new japan? get the fook outta here. おらー 柴田さん!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    My first instinct was Trent Baretta because we know RPG Vice split up at Long Beach and he expressed his desire to be a heavyweight which was an odd and unexpected direction. Given the effort he's put into his matches this year, I could see New Japan giving him a repackage gimmick to help that transition to heavyweight. He's not injured so I don't think NJPW would hold off him for too much longer.

    Could be one of the excursion boys like White or Sho/Yohei, but it didn't feel like a tag team vignette and I think White just slips back into Taguchi Japan when he finishes up.
    Beretta being on Destruction cards rule him out. I've seen Jay White's name mentioned through some weird connection with Manson but also there's some American connection (apparently) so that appears to rule him out. I've seen Simon Grimm (fka Gotch) mentioned alot too. Also seen Sami Callihan suggested. Seen Go Shiozaki jokingly suggested somewhere before Zero said something to me about him as well Go having some sort of character that could make him interesting? Nah, too good to be true.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I've been a paying subscriber of New Japan World since the day they launched. I'm part of their target market, don't have any doubts about that. I've enjoyed plenty big main event matches from them over the years, some of them have happened in this G1 and Okada particularly has been a favourite of mine over the years but these Okada/Omega matches are a step beyond and suffer from excess and blowing off the first half of a match.

    My list was in no particular order, so I wasn't saying Okada has my top 3 matches. Suzuki/Okada would be my #1 though. I think half my top 100 matches in 2017 are gonna be from New Japan

    If you're gonna use the wrestling is art and it's enjoyment is subjective so never criticize a match card, then why criticize anything to do with this business. WWE are making a shit tonne of money and expanding in new markets, but you criticize them. It's fantastic that New Japan are having a good business year, but the amount of fans they draw have nothing to do with my own personal enjoyment of a match.
    How did I miss this post?

    In any case, I disagree. NJ World launched with no English support (correct me if wrong) and was supposed to be a counter towards New Japan's struggle for a proper TV deal whilst helping them maintain and grow in popularity. Kidani (or some other bigwig) was actually surprised at the overseas subscriber count. It's what has encouraged them to add English commentary etc. I guess a better way to put it is that you're not the primary audience that they're targeting with the product. My point was more just that it's gonna be the norm going forward for the main events cause it pops the domestic crowd big. Like you said Naito/Omega felt like it had a 'fuck you, Ed' moment - there'll be plenty more where that came from Finisher spamming's just used now as a storytelling element to elevate the match to the next level. I dunno if the general audience are really into the idea of finisher protection anymore.

    I wasn't using the art/subjective argument really, more that NJPW is Japanese product intended for Japanese people primarily so I don't really feel like I have a leg to stand on when criticising it compared to WWE amongst a myriad of other things. There's just a world of difference between the two that kinda makes me look at them both in different lights. WWE's presentation makes me view it as poorly written wrestledrama that conditions me to judge it on storytelling and how everything's booked/structured. The onscreen/in ring entertainment is almost non existent most of the time for me to really look at anything else. Except for NXT, that is. NJPW's presentation makes me view it more in line with a legitimate combat sport so I guess I just don't really zone in on those things, it makes stuff like signature/finisher spam seem a bit more logical. Same with titles being hot potatoed. Maybe it's hypocritical, idk, but I find it much easier to be able to watch NJPW and just enjoy it on the surface for what it is. It's not like it's a workrate promotion ... plus I guess in comparison to WWE, cultural references/influences and whatnot are likely to fly over my head. It's not a product I fully understand like WWE, tbh. I guess the booking is extremely formulaic in NJPW but, again, it's not really on my mind. NJPW makes me care much more about the journey than WWE does. But enough about me being a New Japandroid.

    Interesting question that's maybe better discussed elsewhere: Do you think your views on wrestling/NJPW would be different if you had never seen WWE first?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny RaiZ View Post
    I'm sure this was a joke... but don't. I would never wish that on anyone. I want piledriver limited in wrestling and I want them sold seriously when they are used, because they can legitimately cripple and kill and one wrong move is the end of someone for the sake of our entertainment and I'm not okay with that.

    As for Shibata himself, I've seen very little of his work but appreciate it a lot (except the headbutts) and having only really started paying attention to New Japan this last couple of months I have to say that the moment his music started playing and the crowd realised what was happening was one of the most amazing moments I've witnessed in wrestling, the outpouring of love for him was insane and I could feel it through the screen, several days after the fact and with the moment spoiled ahead of time; I can only imagine what that was like to watch live and unspoiled, especially for a fan who's followed his career closely.

    I couldn't keep up with the tournament in the end, it became too much. I ended up taking a few days off and having to binge through about five shows in a day in order to catch up and even then I still ended up watching the final a few days after the fact - I hadn't had that spoiled for me but I had a fair idea where it was going to go and didn't mind being given exactly what was expected at all.

    Things I learned during the G1:-

    EVIL is more than just a tag team guy, like I used to think.

    Suzuki is basically New Japan's version of Undertaker; older dude that terrifies all the ref's and has his Ministry do his biding to gain an extra advantage over his opponents even though he should already be able to beat most of them without any help.

    Juice Robinson is excellent.

    Michael Elgin is also excellent but New Japan don't seem to have noticed and keep on jobbing him out.

    Toru Yano amuses the crowds in Japan (and Gedo and Jado) way more than he amuses me and I would very much appreciate it if he wasn't there but get that he does have a place on the roster. Could do with him not being involved in the G1 though; although I did enjoyed him and Omega.

    SANADA has a ton of potential but right now something just isn't clicking and he does feel a bit like he's just a tag team guy. Which isn't a knock on tag team guys.

    Tama Tonga is funny, not just sweary.

    Kojima and Nagata are old as balls but can still fucking go and I love them both.
    Was a joke son -- but DDTs and shit can cripple too, most moves can. Just the way it is.

    Watch any Shibata vs Ishii you can find (NJ Cup, WK 10, G1 23 are great) plus if you haven't seen Shibata vs Okada then it's must watch material.

    Elgin's one of those guys that's over but is never going to be a top dude. Might be due to a lack of promo skills but I don't think his character specifically needs any. He had a solid run last year - though that was due to Tanahashi being injured iirc. He's also getting a NEVER title shot vs Suzuki so there's that.

    Yano, whilst probably shouldn't be in the tournament, gives the guys a rest day at least. I find him hilarious tbh with you.

    SANADA is some guy everyone thinks is gonna be a mega star or should be pushed to the moon. He's a bit of a charisma vacuum but he has a good look that's probably popular with the women so he's gonna get over. But I don't think he's gonna get megapushed for a while yet as he needs to prove his loyalty to NJPW first. I don't believe he is signed to a NJPW contract. It's also well known that he has aspirations of going to WWE so NJPW unlikely to push him if he's just gonna jump ship first chance he gets. EVIL being pushed over him makes sense since EVIL's NJPW homegrown and all.

    Did you like seeing EVIL get legitimately KOed by Omega's V-Trigger btw?



    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    It's truly a blessing to have seen Omega and Naito in the G1 Climax earlier today. It was a religious struggle for fans like myself, because I love both guys so it's hard to choose who I wanted to see more win it. Their were so many moments that made me OH MY GOD and I nearly kicked off my Laptop off the Bed especially spots like the Reverse Rana in the Air by Naito, that Springboard Neckbreaker and the Point Blank Range Knees to the face done to Naito from Omega woof. I know Naito and Omega probably after that match took their Showers, got something to eat and went to bed. When you use that much energy and effort in a match, you ain't wanting to do the club thing at least that night. Honestly a good majority of the G1 competitors need some rest, because plenty of them had bandages and wraps for aching injuries.

    Honorary mentions goes to Taguchi and Ricochet winning the IWGP Junior Tag Titles, and Muffin Ass giving me a VR Strip Tease for my enjoyment.






    Shibata though showing up and saying I'm alive I was so happy to see him as was the crowd in attendance. I don't know how his healthy been lately, but you can tell and believe someone not by words, but their eyes and his eyes tell me he's going to do everything in his power to get back inside the ring. Lastly just saw a video with Ibushi confrontation Omega after the loss, I know those two are best friends what's the story with those two lately?

    Shibata wrote a blog post that he was feeling down because it was summer and he wasn't in the G1 - it wasn't really summer to him. What I find especially amazing about all of this is that Shibata's known as the guy who turned his back on NJPW but the reaction he got plus his emotion and wish to return to the ring really puts across how much the company means to him now. It's such a damn shame he got injured. That match with Okada was star making and he'd be an absolute shoe in for the G1 next year IMO. Might still be if he comes back and does well. Infact, if he comes back and is 100% fine (unlikely) then this injury ordeal will only just get him more over.

    Ibushi/Omega is complicated to explain. You're better just looking it up. But basically, Omega has been teasing that he wants to face Ibushi for a long time now - when he was asked about going to WWE, he was saying that he had one more thing left to do in Japan etc. Both of them became stars in DDT - they had a match that drew (up until this year) DDT's biggest crowd ever at the Budokan. It's utter madness. Find it if you can. Ibushi got himself banned from the venue for doing a spot that the venue owners asked him not to lol. Guy gives no fucks. They were a tag team in DDT also so there's the friendship stuff. Now - they're in NJPW and they're both big stars here too. When they were teaming together, they had been featured on NJPW shows, so they've enjoyed tag success in DDT and NJPW. But they've only ever faced off one on one in DDT and not NJPW. The natural next step is for the two of them to face one on one in NJPW. And how can they top doing it at the Budokan? By doing it at the Dome. There's literally not much build required. The story writes itself and the match sells itself. Nothing but the Dome will suffice for the match, though.


    ----


    For anyone who wants a good laugh:


    Meltzer ratings:

    Tanahashi vs Naito - 5 stars

    Omega vs Okada - 6 stars

    Naito vs Omega - 5.75 stars


    NJPW causin' it this year





    IMPORTANT MESSAGE

    Spoiler:




    ~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:






  14. #254
    One Batch, Two Batch
    RaiZ-R's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    21,328
    Rep Power
    89527

    Re: G1 Climax 27

    Quote Originally Posted by RyuShake Taguchi View Post
    Was a joke son -- but DDTs and shit can cripple too, most moves can. Just the way it is.
    I think DDT's should be more protected too.

    Quote Originally Posted by RyuShake Taguchi View Post
    Watch any Shibata vs Ishii you can find (NJ Cup, WK 10, G1 23 are great) plus if you haven't seen Shibata vs Okada then it's must watch material.
    I've seen the Okada match and one of his matches against his Ishii that I can remember. I've only caught bits and pieces of New Japan over the last couple of years and I have a terrible memory when I'm not fully investing myself in something so I'm not totally sure of what I have and haven't seen him do but I do know that whenever I have seen him, I've enjoyed him.

    Quote Originally Posted by RyuShake Taguchi View Post
    Yano, whilst probably shouldn't be in the tournament, gives the guys a rest day at least. I find him hilarious tbh with you.
    I find him very hit and miss. I enjoyed him with Omega but was bored during the Okada match. I thought he had a fun match with Tama Tonga but the Elgin match was a total shit show. I've basically accepted that he's not my cup of tea and if I can find something to latch onto when he's performing I look at it as a bonus rather than specifically viewing him as a detriment to any show he's on.

    Quote Originally Posted by RyuShake Taguchi View Post
    SANADA is some guy everyone thinks is gonna be a mega star or should be pushed to the moon. He's a bit of a charisma vacuum but he has a good look that's probably popular with the women so he's gonna get over. But I don't think he's gonna get megapushed for a while yet as he needs to prove his loyalty to NJPW first. I don't believe he is signed to a NJPW contract. It's also well known that he has aspirations of going to WWE so NJPW unlikely to push him if he's just gonna jump ship first chance he gets. EVIL being pushed over him makes sense since EVIL's NJPW homegrown and all.
    SANADA in the 'E would be such a weird fit. Like you said, he's got a good look but his personality thus far has been very bland; he's just your generic stoic guy but with a pretty face, not sure how you sell that to a mainstream western audience.

    Quote Originally Posted by RyuShake Taguchi View Post
    Did you like seeing EVIL get legitimately KOed by Omega's V-Trigger btw?
    Fuck no! I want things to look real and be treated as if they are legitimately, I don't want things to be real! I have MMA (when I can be bothered to keep up with it) for that. EVIL looked so out of it and I would've been worried about him if I wasn't watching it about three days or so after it had happened and already knew he was okay. Even then I was a little worried because we all know that Japan's version of okay is very different to everyone else's version of it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •