Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: G1 Climax 27

Intercontinental Champion

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    Great Britain

Re: G1 Climax 27

Just watched the Nagata match, goosebumps man. Goosebumps.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Kenny Omega and Kazuchika Okada just want all the stars this year. That was good shit.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Pain does not lie

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Yeah I came to tears watching Nataga/Fale Match. I was shocked Fale bowing down to our Hero of Justice paying his respects for all the efforts he's given to Professional Wrestling woah.

I knew before I started all of this watching, that I saw Goto before and I finally remember where it was from. Goto studied at the Wind Ninja Academy like the Ninja Storm Rangers and myself I'll never forget those symbols on his gear. HE BROKE THE CODE! HE BROKE THE CODE OF THE NINJA!

Naito/Tanahashi had me like this

Beautiful match between the two and I knew it was on the moment Tanahashi slapped Naito across the face and then hugged him and then slapped him again I haven't seen previous matches between the two to compare to this one, but if theirs better matches with these two great talents I might need to research on that after all this is over. Naito is a survivor and when he's in dire situations he usually comes up on top as does his opponent. Which is why both have been really successful in Wrestling and that will carry on in their careers.

Okada/Omega Day 18 B Block on the line!

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Status

watch tanahashi vs naito from wk11 and dominion this year. their rivalry as well as okada/omega has been the big focus this year.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Pain does not lie

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by RyuShake Taguchi View Post
    watch tanahashi vs naito from wk11 and dominion this year. their rivalry as well as okada/omega has been the big focus this year.
    I'm going to need multiple pairs of Boxer Briefs then after watching all these matches hmm

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

I'm Alive. That's All.

Status
      Country                    England

Kenny Omega and Kazuchika Okada just want all the stars this year. That was good shit.
    but remember the rainmaker totally hasn't been killed this year Omega takes 3 (2 back to back before being able to launch yet another comeback) and pulls out the victory.

This was better than the 60 minute time limit, I think the lively start really helped them, but then again even that match had unique moments like the exhausted collapse counter of the rainmaker that I loved. I'm not sure other than the result makes this match stand apart from the other two. I thought they were telling a great story to start with about Okada's back/neck injury, how Omega targeted that, how Okada couldn't kip up and that big reverse rana spot outside the ring where they teased red shoes calling it a day early. And then they unfortunately regressed into a senseless big move trade off where both men took it in turns to sell that they were dead, only to revive just in time to hit their big spots and then it was the other guys turn to go exhausted and have nothing left in the tank before surprise surprise I do have enough in the tank to counter that rainmaker again. It's bad enough Okada rising from the dead to hit one big dropkick, but the dude did the same back from the dead dropkick a second time, but that's what the new japan fans want to see I guess! The story that Okada's neck was hurt went out the window. Another awful self indulgent closing stretch to their matches together. Big Dave will go over 5 stars for it again.

I can comfortably name 25 matches better than that from the G1 this year.
    Last edited by Ed; 08-12-2017 at 04:36 PM.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    but remember the rainmaker totally hasn't been killed this year Omega takes 3 (2 back to back before being able to launch yet another comeback) and pulls out the victory.

This was better than the 60 minute time limit, I think the lively start really helped them, but then again even that match had unique moments like the exhausted collapse counter of the rainmaker that I loved. I'm not sure other than the result makes this match stand apart from the other two. I thought they were telling a great story to start with about Okada's back/neck injury, how Omega targeted that, how Okada couldn't kip up and that big reverse rana spot outside the ring where they teased red shoes calling it a day early. And then they unfortunately regressed into a senseless big move trade off where both men took it in turns to sell that they were dead, only to revive just in time to hit their big spots and then it was the other guys turn to go exhausted and have nothing left in the tank before surprise surprise I do have enough in the tank to counter that rainmaker again. It's bad enough Okada rising from the dead to hit one big dropkick, but the dude did the same back from the dead dropkick a second time, but that's what the new japan fans want to see I guess! The story that Okada's neck was hurt went out the window. Another awful self indulgent closing stretch to their matches together. Big Dave will go over 5 stars for it again.

I can comfortably name 25 matches better than that from the G1 this year.
    Sounded like it to me, bud! It's not like the vast majority of people who watch NJPW care enough to break matches down like that.

I don't think I could name 25 better matches, come on now

I don't know if I have it better than the last two but it was definitely a great match in my eyes.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

I'm Alive. That's All.

Status

It's not like the vast majority of people who watch NJPW care enough to break matches down like that.
    The vast majority of people who watch The Transformers movies also don't break down what a bad movie they're watching.

I don't think I could name 25 better matches, come on now
    1. Okada/Suzuki
    2. Okada/Kojima
    3. Okada/Elgin
    4. Omega/Elgin
    5. Juice/Evil
    6. Ishii/Tanahashi
    7. Naito/Tanahashi
    8. Ibushi/Tanahashi
    9. Ibushi/Naito
    10. Ibushi/ZSJ
    11. Ibushi/Ishii
    12. Nagata/Fale
    13. Nagata/Tanahashi
    14. Nagata/Yoshi Hashi
    15. ZSJ/Tanahashi
    16. Sanada/Evil
    17. Ishii/Goto
    18. Ishii/ZSJ
    19. Ishii/Nagata
    20. Juice/Kojima
    21. Ishii/Naito
    22. Nagata/Ibushi
    23. Nagata/Goto
    24. Juice/Omega
    25. Yoshi-Hashi/Ishii

Were all more enjoyable, but that's by virtue of the fact I hate the last 15 minutes of the match in question. Not all of them are 'great' matches in the New Japan work rate sense of they all went 25 minutes and had finisher kick outs but some of them have a different story with a simpler execution to them that were a refreshing addition to the G1 that I thoroughly enjoyed. Something like Fale/Nagata or Juice/Omega aren't gonna win any MOTYC votes, but they're solid matches with a good story that aren't reaching for stars from Dave Meltzer. These Omega/Okada matches are the very definition of forced epic and they are never gonna be my cup of tea.

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Holy mother of god how good was that match. They started the match so well, getting the match of the the quick start it needed due to the time limit. Omega's work on Okada's neck was excellently done and Okada's selling of the move later was good especially when he did the back bump dropkicks.

Obviously it's the weaker match of the trilogies but that's due to having lesser time. It was still amazing. Both men proved why they are in the top 3 region in the land of professional wrestling.

And the Naito vs Omega Finals, Yeah. Glad Okada gets a rest before he returns because to keep it up this long was crazy enough, now he can rest himself and injuries. He can come back fully recharged to fight either EVIL or Omega again.

Also, the constants rainmakers really doesn't affect me because most of the time, he doesn't pin them straight away. He sells the damage done in the match and when he pins them, they kick out. Would people rather he sells the damage and then pins them and they don't kick out, ala Booker T at wm19? With that pause he does it's fine. Now if he covered them straight away and then kicked out it would annoy me but he doesn't so its fine.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

So early into the match they're selling the neck bumps like there's gonna be a stoppage or else Okada's neck is gonna be broken by the next one he takes. 17 neck bumps later...

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

SHIBATAAAAAAAA

I'm Alive. That's All.

Status

I'm not crying, you're crying. Moment of the year stuff. So good to see him.

I'm Alive. That's All.

Status

Daryl's alive too! What a glorious day this is

I'm Alive. That's All.

Status

Enjoyed the final even though that 3rd Destino being kicked out so a 4th was required felt like a fuck you Ed moment from Naito and Omega. Naito ended the G1 strong. I know he was getting face reactions before, but that felt like a huge coming out party for Naito as a babyface heading into WK. Chono doing the fist bump, my god.

Also, I don't think I've ever seen two wrestler stand on a table to do a through the table spot, then completely miss the table like that. Nasty botch which could of fucked up either man.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.
      Country                    United States

Okada/Omega reminded of Triple H/Taker from Wrestlemania 27. Really awesome stuff for one part of the match. They set up a really good story and have something to play with. Then the next part of the match is a mindless structure that negates everything and it goes to big move spamming in an attempt to shove an epic down our throats. Once I knew what the deal was, I wasn't into it anymore. Kudos to Ed for that list because they are all more enjoyable than this match.

Holy fuck Shibata's return was awesome.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Tranquilo!

Status

Christ these tourneys are hard to keep up with and exhausting as fuck to watch. Still only on like Day 13 and i've only been watching the G1 matches themselves managed to stay spoiler free up until the last 2 days but the whole thing went just how i predicted so meh. Okada/Naito at the dome should be an amazing match when it happens, hopefully Naito does indeed take the title from him. Still gonna try watch the rest of it during the week while i've got the chance so hopefully Tana/Naito, Omega/Okada & Omega/Naito do indeed live up to the rave reviews they've received thus far.

Also SHIBATA!

Cesaro 1 - 0 Beachball

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    The vast majority of people who watch The Transformers movies also don't break down what a bad movie they're watching.

1. Okada/Suzuki
    2. Okada/Kojima
    3. Okada/Elgin
    4. Omega/Elgin
    5. Juice/Evil
    6. Ishii/Tanahashi
    7. Naito/Tanahashi
    8. Ibushi/Tanahashi
    9. Ibushi/Naito
    10. Ibushi/ZSJ
    11. Ibushi/Ishii
    12. Nagata/Fale
    13. Nagata/Tanahashi
    14. Nagata/Yoshi Hashi
    15. ZSJ/Tanahashi
    16. Sanada/Evil
    17. Ishii/Goto
    18. Ishii/ZSJ
    19. Ishii/Nagata
    20. Juice/Kojima
    21. Ishii/Naito
    22. Nagata/Ibushi
    23. Nagata/Goto
    24. Juice/Omega
    25. Yoshi-Hashi/Ishii

Were all more enjoyable, but that's by virtue of the fact I hate the last 15 minutes of the match in question. Not all of them are 'great' matches in the New Japan work rate sense of they all went 25 minutes and had finisher kick outs but some of them have a different story with a simpler execution to them that were a refreshing addition to the G1 that I thoroughly enjoyed. Something like Fale/Nagata or Juice/Omega aren't gonna win any MOTYC votes, but they're solid matches with a good story that aren't reaching for stars from Dave Meltzer. These Omega/Okada matches are the very definition of forced epic and they are never gonna be my cup of tea.

Yeah, well that's subjective But you're right, they don't and that's probably because they're basing whether they enjoy it or not on its actual entertainment value rather than overjudging it. I guess it's more in line with whether you judge it as entertainment or as an art. The point is that the primary objective is to entertain. The (now growing) audience are entertained so, clearly, that's the sort of stuff they want to see from their big main event matches. It's not what you want to see, I guess, but you're not a part of the target audience.

Hey, man, ripping on me for saying Okada is what the NJPW fans want to see then having three matches of his in the top three I thought everyone in B Block had their best matches with either Okada or Omega and I have Okada/Omega in top 10 at very worst. Not gonna really argue THE LIST because it's subjective but I don't see something like Juice/EVIL being top five at all. Not sure if the meltzer comment was just banter but doubt Okada/Omega care for him that much. Will say that if you aren't enjoying the 'forced epic' feel then I get the feeling you might not enjoy NJPW big match main events over time as I think that's what they're going to go for. Especially with Okada and his rivalries going forward. The big move spam kickout sequences are something the target audience is into and they're going to be prevalent going forward for that reason.

----

Enjoyed the finals today. Coach Taguchi getting a title is all I needed. Thoroughly enjoyable match with the Bucks. War Machine's match was good fun too, they rule. Goto & Ishii vs those two, please. For fun. I guess KES/GoD are the two next in line though. The finals match was the tits. Incredibly good match from both guys and, as expected, Naito is going to WRESTLEM---KINGDOM! He got a really big reaction, too, which is obviously good news. I think he cut a kinda face promo too. Okada vs Naito, the two most over dudes (imo), headlining the Dome at this point in time is perfect sense. Expecting a Naito win at the Dome. Then, hopefully, he insults Okada and all the fans for how phony they are for cheering for Naito now. The Ingobernable remembers. Doubt that happens though.

Also saw that Omega and Ibushi had an interaction backstage.

Looks like we're getting:

Naito vs Ishii/Fale
    Suzuki vs Elgin
    EVIL vs Okada
    ZSJ vs Tanahashi

coming out of this. I'm wondering if we get a IWGP Heavyweigth defence during the Destruction tour or just a normal singles match. I'd think we get Okada vs Omega rematch at KOPW if we're doing that again with EVIL vs Okada at Destruction... but EVIL vs Okada fits more with a LIJ/Chaos feud along with Ishii/Naito. Also wonder if we get Ibushi vs Tanahashi at an event too. Or Ibushi vs ZSJ if ZSJ beats Tanahashi.

In any case, the road to the Dome is going to be good. I hope KOPW is as good as last year's... 'cause on paper, it should likely be so.

Also Shibata's return was really nice. I wonder if he ever comes back or what. Glad to see he's doing so well, though.

ORAAAA SHIBATA-SAN

Last edited by RyuShake Taguchi; 08-13-2017 at 12:56 PM.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

I'm Alive. That's All.

Status

I've been a paying subscriber of New Japan World since the day they launched. I'm part of their target market, don't have any doubts about that. I've enjoyed plenty big main event matches from them over the years, some of them have happened in this G1 and Okada particularly has been a favourite of mine over the years but these Okada/Omega matches are a step beyond and suffer from excess and blowing off the first half of a match.

My list was in no particular order, so I wasn't saying Okada has my top 3 matches. Suzuki/Okada would be my #1 though. I think half my top 100 matches in 2017 are gonna be from New Japan

If you're gonna use the wrestling is art and it's enjoyment is subjective so never criticize a match card, then why criticize anything to do with this business. WWE are making a shit tonne of money and expanding in new markets, but you criticize them. It's fantastic that New Japan are having a good business year, but the amount of fans they draw have nothing to do with my own personal enjoyment of a match.

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

The G1 finals was very very good. No words can disbcribe the match. Way to end the g1. Maybe the many destininos could be the only down side to the match but other then that, good. Some of then bumb were insane and dangerous like the DDT on the ring post but they were executed well so I can't explain.

I'm Alive. That's All.

Status

Oh fuck yeah MC, I forgot to mention those ringpost spots were sick as fuck during the match. Pretty innovative, don't think I've seen a DDT on the ringpost before.

Shake, I feel like Shibata coming out directly after the WK12 promo is a tease. Shibata's condition today seemed a lot better than I was expecting given the recent blog posts, although stuff like his eyesight and any pain he might be feeling isn't gonna flag up during those few minutes. It's a really delicate situation, I don't know how I'd feel watching him again go through brutal matches. I've a funny feeling he's gonna work a match with Tanahashi at the dome, which I suppose he could work a softer match against compared to say Ishii or Goto.

Also, I know the picture heavily suggested Ibushi/Omega is the direction, but if you want even more confirmation, Omega had specially made tights for the final that had blue and white elements on top of his usual black. Who else wrestles in blue and white

Thread Information