Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 56

Thread: WWE 2K18

  1. #21
    I was a highwayman
    Hardcore Iceman's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,491
    Rep Power
    21106
      Country                    United States

    Re: WWE 2K18

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    2K17 is great, and I'm still playing it heavy. If they improve MyCareer, that would get a launch day buy from me but if not I will hold off. The updated commentary sounds promising but not enough to justify shelling out $60 for basically an updated roster of last year's game.
    To be fair I it's not a roster update. Or just a roster update between new match types and new versions of current match types( Royal rumble was worked on as well as the EC) with 8 people in the ring at once plus the news about Mycarrer becoming a more straight forward story mode and the fact that they re wrote universe mode(don't play it but a lot of people like it) makes it clear it's not just a roster update.

    Now if this was on last gen and you were getting it on last gen then yes it would be a roster update. But I don't see how it can be called a simple roster update with all the new stuff announced. Sorry for this but I just want to be clear that unlike the other game(15 16 and somewhat 17) this one looks like it'll actually have more new great things vs the other games.

    I also still play 2k17 never Downloaded the patches tbh because I feared it would make my game worst and they did as of 1.03 lol.

  2. #22
    Rusev Day Smod

    Order's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bedford, UK
    Posts
    12,842
    Rep Power
    239396
      Country                    England

    Re: WWE 2K18

    This looks pretty awesome.


    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision





    Spoiler:














  3. #23
    Jiggy's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Tampa, Fl
    Posts
    5,019
    Rep Power
    350470

    Re: WWE 2K18

    Seems silly that we still can't have tag team triple threats and fourways, and only 8 people in the ring at once




  4. #24
    SIX F'N STARS
    The Natural's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,282
    Rep Power
    282177

    Re: WWE 2K18

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    Seems silly that we still can't have tag team triple threats and fourways, and only 8 people in the ring at once
    You say silly, I say egregious. They've been having those matches for years now, you would think there would be some priority to implement them. Next year, next year, next year...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucha Bear
    Well...you can't have anything in life


    I HAVE STARTED STREAMING MY GAME SESSIONS
    ...COME AND CHECK IT OUT IF YOU'RE BORED,OK?

  5. #25
    WC Hall Of Famer
    Mr. Bing Bong's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    14,699
    Rep Power
    136808

    Re: WWE 2K18

    you see how many glitches they had last year in the multi man matches? it's probably a nightmare for them to have that many people on the screen effectively.



  6. #26
    SIX F'N STARS
    The Natural's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,282
    Rep Power
    282177

    Re: WWE 2K18

    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    you see how many glitches they had last year in the multi man matches? it's probably a nightmare for them to have that many people on the screen effectively.
    I think the glitches are more down to how little time they spend fixing things than the complexity involved at this point. I have a hard time imagining a competent team making a modern wrestling game from the ground up couldn't figure it out. Seems like another woe of Annual Series Syndrome but what do I know.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucha Bear
    Well...you can't have anything in life


    I HAVE STARTED STREAMING MY GAME SESSIONS
    ...COME AND CHECK IT OUT IF YOU'RE BORED,OK?

  7. #27
    I was a highwayman
    Hardcore Iceman's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,491
    Rep Power
    21106
      Country                    United States

    Re: WWE 2K18

    Gotta love this fan base .... If any of you care there's some new screen shots out in the 2kdev spotlight series which has been cool for me anyway



    Other than he screen shots which look good but meh I don't care about graphics so I would rather know more about the new features but good for those that care about how the game looks.

  8. #28
    I was a highwayman
    Hardcore Iceman's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,491
    Rep Power
    21106
      Country                    United States

    Re: WWE 2K18

    New screen shots and ortons side by side entrance( 2K confirmed he was getting a new one so don't worry about the outdated entrance motion)


    looking good but as someone who could play with about any kind of graphics it's not really news to me. But for those that do care i'm sure it's good for you. Personally that cena model looks nice though.

  9. #29
    SIX F'N STARS
    The Natural's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,282
    Rep Power
    282177

    Re: WWE 2K18

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore Iceman View Post
    Gotta love this fan base ....
    We're not just fans, we're consumers, and the product they're offering may be good but it's never remotely worth the asking price at launch, based on what little improvement/advancement there is from previous years. We have a right to bitch.

    That said, I don't really care about the graphical improvement as much as I do the core gameplay and features. It's a shame they allocate their resources the way they do but it makes sense when visual appeal matters to so many people, and the fact that it's much easier to visually judge something in a photo or clip than it is to judge gameplay from an extended video.

    Still - I wish this series (and the company itself) had some actual competition to drive improvement. A big budget Fire Pro would be awesome.

    However better graphics for the real WWE wrestlers often means a greater disparity between those and the CAWs. Meaning when you are forced to download CAWs for newer wrestlers they are too lazy to add to the game, your matches will look weird because you have realistic people fighting cartoons. I really hate that 'better graphics' can be a negative in this respect.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucha Bear
    Well...you can't have anything in life


    I HAVE STARTED STREAMING MY GAME SESSIONS
    ...COME AND CHECK IT OUT IF YOU'RE BORED,OK?

  10. #30
    People's Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,854
    Rep Power
    135815

    Re: WWE 2K18

    Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    We're not just fans, we're consumers, and the product they're offering may be good but it's never remotely worth the asking price at launch, based on what little improvement/advancement there is from previous years. We have a right to bitch.

    That said, I don't really care about the graphical improvement as much as I do the core gameplay and features. It's a shame they allocate their resources the way they do but it makes sense when visual appeal matters to so many people, and the fact that it's much easier to visually judge something in a photo or clip than it is to judge gameplay from an extended video.

    Still - I wish this series (and the company itself) had some actual competition to drive improvement. A big budget Fire Pro would be awesome.

    However better graphics for the real WWE wrestlers often means a greater disparity between those and the CAWs. Meaning when you are forced to download CAWs for newer wrestlers they are too lazy to add to the game, your matches will look weird because you have realistic people fighting cartoons. I really hate that 'better graphics' can be a negative in this respect.
    Fire Pro is way better simply for customization, the price tag, the mod support , cpu logic and no bullshit like servers go offline in 1.5 years. 2k series forces people to buy the next version the following year. You can't even download CAWS for 2k16 anymore. It's not because it's hard to do so or it costs too much to keep the server open. It's because 2k are assholes.
    Last edited by indyfan; 08-15-2017 at 04:49 PM.

  11. #31
    Curtain Jerker
    Shockmaster's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: WWE 2K18

    Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    We're not just fans, we're consumers, and the product they're offering may be good but it's never remotely worth the asking price at launch, based on what little improvement/advancement there is from previous years. We have a right to bitch.

    That said, I don't really care about the graphical improvement as much as I do the core gameplay and features. It's a shame they allocate their resources the way they do but it makes sense when visual appeal matters to so many people, and the fact that it's much easier to visually judge something in a photo or clip than it is to judge gameplay from an extended video.

    Still - I wish this series (and the company itself) had some actual competition to drive improvement. A big budget Fire Pro would be awesome.

    However better graphics for the real WWE wrestlers often means a greater disparity between those and the CAWs. Meaning when you are forced to download CAWs for newer wrestlers they are too lazy to add to the game, your matches will look weird because you have realistic people fighting cartoons. I really hate that 'better graphics' can be a negative in this respect.
    Is it possible for another game publisher/developer to buy the rights to produce WWE games? so we can have both games from 2K and a other developer?

    Like how NBA games are produced by both 2K and EA?

    I really wish they would just focus on making the game more fun instead of consuming so much time on upgrading the graphics. The graphics have always been fine it's just sometimes they are lazy with the models.

    There needs to be some added match types.

    It would be fun if you could wrestle in that war games triple cage match from Ready to Rumble.

    Backstage roaming in street fights, Story designer and RTWM story modes should return as well as a Season Mode similar to the Smackdown games.
    Last edited by Shockmaster; 08-15-2017 at 09:34 PM.

  12. #32
    Scumbag Role Model
    Tennessee Nicky's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    44,870
    Rep Power
    693322
      Country                    United States
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    People Obsessed With Nicky: RainShaker, indyfan
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

  13. #33
    I was a highwayman
    Hardcore Iceman's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,491
    Rep Power
    21106
      Country                    United States

    Re: WWE 2K18

    http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08/...ealistic-match Great stuff in here.

    also thanks nicky.

  14. #34
    WC Hall Of Famer
    Mr. Bing Bong's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    14,699
    Rep Power
    136808

    Re: WWE 2K18

    Maybe it's just me but I don't think the graphics are all that great. Maybe when I see it in action I'll notice a difference from last year but right now I'm not really seeing it. I watched Sanitys entrance and it looked stiff as hell. I've never actually seen them before so maybe that's how its supposed to look but when they were walking to the ring it just looked weird to me.



  15. #35
    On Vacation
    Roman Reigns Fan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3,786
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: WWE 2K18

    All I care about is a huge roster with the real wrestlers all having proper trons/mini-trons, multiple options in entrances, and Universe mode. I hope Universe mode allows you to see more details about a wrestler's title reigns (like length of each reign, not combined).

  16. #36
    Sweet Meat
    Dook Gulak's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    54,534
    Rep Power
    437836

    Re: WWE 2K18

    Some cool stuff has been revealed for this with creation suite.

    high school gyms baby

    Spoiler:

    I solemnly swear I am up to no good


    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.



    Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes


  17. #37
    SIX F'N STARS
    The Natural's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,282
    Rep Power
    282177

    Re: WWE 2K18

    Spent a decent amount of time with this yesterday. Didn't experience any crazy bugs (unfortunately?) but was a little disappointed in how many loading screens there are, and how much downtime (aka needlessly walking around) there is in MyCareer. Otherwise, very fun time and I look forward to playing more.

    This whole thing is the highlight of my time with WWE 2K18 so far. Without buying the 'Kickstart' bullshit (paying actual money to have an easier run in MyCareer) it's basically wrestling's equivalent to Dark Souls.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucha Bear
    Well...you can't have anything in life


    I HAVE STARTED STREAMING MY GAME SESSIONS
    ...COME AND CHECK IT OUT IF YOU'RE BORED,OK?

  18. #38
     
    Sully's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    2,790
    Rep Power
    153346

    Re: WWE 2K18

    I really wish they would let you sort by roster when creating matches in Universe mode. It's really difficult to have to try and remember who is on Raw and who is on Smackdown.

  19. #39
    SIX F'N STARS
    The Natural's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,282
    Rep Power
    282177

    Re: WWE 2K18

    It's hard if you're not a true fan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucha Bear
    Well...you can't have anything in life


    I HAVE STARTED STREAMING MY GAME SESSIONS
    ...COME AND CHECK IT OUT IF YOU'RE BORED,OK?

  20. #40
     
    Sully's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    2,790
    Rep Power
    153346

    Re: WWE 2K18

    Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    It's hard if you're not a true fan.
    Yeah lol, I haven't watched since probably 2013...and even then it wasn't very religiously. 2007-2012 was my stretch where I was really into it.

    I barely know The Shield guys. Anyone else after that is new to me.

    My universe booking for the WWE stuff is going to be returning to some classic stuff. Edge, HBK, The Rock, Chris Jericho. I'll be bringing back the WHC, etc.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •