Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 95

Thread: 2017 NBA Offseason Thread

  1. #21
    Striving for a B+ in life
    The Golden Roo's's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    6,842
    Rep Power
    207399
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2017 NBA Offseason Thread (Draft on Thursday 6/22)

    Also, everything I've read is the Kings really want Fox and are willing to jump to No. 3 to get him, even though they might get him anyway at 5.


    "The Golden One" Devin Golden

    3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10


    Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion


  2. #22
    WC Hall Of Famer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    19,801
    Rep Power
    91253

    Re: 2017 NBA Offseason Thread (Draft on Thursday 6/22)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One View Post
    You have to weigh the pros and cons of "trying" to win the East when LeBron is still in his prime. You either trade your future picks and young, undeveloped, athletic wing players for Jimmy Butler/Paul George and hope that nucleus is enough against LeBron and the Cavs — or you wait until he's past his prime/in Los Angeles, when the East will be wide open, and trust your ability to make good selections with your valuable draft picks, thus giving you the open road to a title.

    That's probably the thinking.
    The problem for me is that signed Al Horford to 4/115. That move doesn't mesh with, "Nah we'll try and win later"

  3. #23
    WC Hall Of Famer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    19,801
    Rep Power
    91253

    Re: 2017 NBA Offseason Thread (Draft on Thursday 6/22)

    D'Angelo Russel and Mozgod to the Nets for Brook Lopez and the 27th OVR pick. win-win deal for both sides. Lakers shed Mozgod's contract and get an expiring Brook Lopez, Nets turn Lopez into a still promising D'Angelo Russell, who gets a change of scenery and lowered expectations. 27th pick is a wash, probably just a trade chip for another deal the Lakers want to do.

  4. #24
    I Want It All!
    Sadio HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mount Myōboku
    Posts
    32,595
    Rep Power
    352439
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: 2017 NBA Offseason Thread (Draft on Thursday 6/22)

    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan Superman View Post
    D'Angelo Russel and Mozgod to the Nets for Brook Lopez and the 27th OVR pick. win-win deal for both sides. Lakers shed Mozgod's contract and get an expiring Brook Lopez, Nets turn Lopez into a still promising D'Angelo Russell, who gets a change of scenery and lowered expectations. 27th pick is a wash, probably just a trade chip for another deal the Lakers want to do.
    You think SS that the Lakers are doing all this, get rid of these guys to somehow bait Lebron to come there in 2018? I like Russell personally wish his career goes well in Brooklyn.

    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

  5. #25
    Your Least Favorite Mod

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Westeros
    Posts
    11,683
    Rep Power
    294173
      Country                    Canada

    Re: 2017 NBA Offseason Thread (Draft on Thursday 6/22)

    Sad to see Russell go but hopefully whichever PG we pick in the draft can outdo him. Mosgov was a terrible signing. Not sure about Brook Lopez. Not a trade I'd do but not a bad one either I guess.

  6. #26
    WC Hall Of Famer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    19,801
    Rep Power
    91253

    Re: 2017 NBA Offseason Thread (Draft on Thursday 6/22)

    Quote Originally Posted by Positive Jon View Post
    Sad to see Russell go but hopefully whichever PG we pick in the draft can outdo him. Mosgov was a terrible signing. Not sure about Brook Lopez. Not a trade I'd do but not a bad one either I guess.
    From which side? This deal is super good for what both teams are trying to achieve.

  7. #27
    قلبيlهذ

    Zerohamed Salah's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Memphis, Egypt
    Posts
    9,936
    Rep Power
    406503
      Country                    Egypt

    Re: 2017 NBA Offseason Thread (Draft on Thursday 6/22)

    Russell wasn't a fit there in the locker room more than anything. No losers in terms of players or teams. I think it's a pretty nifty trade too though taking on Mozgov is never good, considering the Nets' cap is so low there's really no damage done.

    The only negative is now Ball's going to LA for sure and mine & Lucas' dream of LaVarr having a meltdown are done.
    صفر يحب الحرير ~



    Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

    And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

    Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

    Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

  8. #28
    Your Least Favorite Mod

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Westeros
    Posts
    11,683
    Rep Power
    294173
      Country                    Canada

    Re: 2017 NBA Offseason Thread (Draft on Thursday 6/22)

    Didn't realize Lopez was an expiring contract. I'll wait to see what's coming for Lakers but I'm not excited to watch them no matter how "super good" this trade is.

  9. #29
    WC Hall Of Famer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    19,801
    Rep Power
    91253

    Re: 2017 NBA Offseason Thread (Draft on Thursday 6/22)

    Quote Originally Posted by Positive Jon View Post
    Didn't realize Lopez was an expiring contract. I'll wait to see what's coming for Lakers but I'm not excited to watch them no matter how "super good" this trade is.
    I mean, the Lakers FO is clearly calling this year a wash and setting up for next year with Ball + 2 FAs, if they're able to get rid of, or stretch Deng, they'll have room for two maxes. This move doesn't really do anything for either team this year, it's all about setting up for their different futures.

  10. #30
    Your Least Favorite Mod

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Westeros
    Posts
    11,683
    Rep Power
    294173
      Country                    Canada

    Re: 2017 NBA Offseason Thread (Draft on Thursday 6/22)

    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan Superman View Post
    I mean, the Lakers FO is clearly calling this year a wash and setting up for next year with Ball + 2 FAs, if they're able to get rid of, or stretch Deng, they'll have room for two maxes. This move doesn't really do anything for either team this year, it's all about setting up for their different futures.
    Hopefully they hold onto Randle/Ingram/Clarkson and whoever they draft as a guard when they pick up those theoretical two maxes next year.

  11. #31
    WC Hall Of Famer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    19,801
    Rep Power
    91253

    Re: 2017 NBA Offseason Thread (Draft on Thursday 6/22)

    Quote Originally Posted by Positive Jon View Post
    Hopefully they hold onto Randle/Ingram/Clarkson and whoever they draft as a guard when they pick up those theoretical two maxes next year.
    Clarkson and Randle are pretty much 100% gone.

  12. #32
    Your Least Favorite Mod

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Westeros
    Posts
    11,683
    Rep Power
    294173
      Country                    Canada

    Re: 2017 NBA Offseason Thread (Draft on Thursday 6/22)

    I don't see the point in doing all of that unless you're getting MVP level player(s) in on those Maxes to compete with Westbrook/Harden/Leonard and Warriors. George won't do that.

  13. #33
    WC Hall Of Famer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    19,801
    Rep Power
    91253

    Re: 2017 NBA Offseason Thread (Draft on Thursday 6/22)

    Quote Originally Posted by Positive Jon View Post
    I don't see the point in doing all of that unless you're getting MVP level player(s) in on those Maxes to compete with Westbrook/Harden/Leonard and Warriors. George won't do that.
    I mean, just so we're on the same page, LeBron James is opting out after this year, this is really what the Lakers are setting up for, I'd imagine is to make a run at LBJ.

  14. #34
    I Want It All!
    Sadio HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mount Myōboku
    Posts
    32,595
    Rep Power
    352439
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: 2017 NBA Offseason Thread (Draft on Thursday 6/22)

    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan Superman View Post
    I mean, just so we're on the same page, LeBron James is opting out after this year, this is really what the Lakers are setting up for, I'd imagine is to make a run at LBJ.
    Thought that might be the case, but for Lebron don't you think he would rather stay with a team that is going to be contending for a NBA Championship than a team that is ways away from that? I mean money might change his mind in that all, but why waste your prime years surrounded around young bucks who will they will be ready to contend he'll be a old head lol.

    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

  15. #35
    Your Least Favorite Mod

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Westeros
    Posts
    11,683
    Rep Power
    294173
      Country                    Canada

    Re: 2017 NBA Offseason Thread (Draft on Thursday 6/22)

    Why would LeBron even go to LA? Also, I hope LeBron doesn't go to LA It'll make cheering for them very hard.

  16. #36
    WC Hall Of Famer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    19,801
    Rep Power
    91253

    Re: 2017 NBA Offseason Thread (Draft on Thursday 6/22)

    LeBron James will be 33 next year, he'll have spent the last 15 years in the NBA, assuming he plays his normal amount of games next year he'll be over 1100 regular season games. He's already an oldhead, man. The difference is with LA, he doesn't have Dan Gilbert, he doesn't have the cap hell that the Cavs are in, and he'll have a few young players, and another max buddy to go with him.

    At this point, with LeBron and Gilbert butting heads again(reportedly) I'd be surprised if 2018/19 isn't just his last year in Cleveland, period.

  17. #37
    WC Hall Of Famer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    19,801
    Rep Power
    91253

    Re: 2017 NBA Offseason Thread (Draft on Thursday 6/22)

    Quote Originally Posted by Positive Jon View Post
    Why would LeBron even go to LA? Also, I hope LeBron doesn't go to LA It'll make cheering for them very hard.
    At this point, why wouldn't he go to LA? They're clearing cap room, he can be apart of Magic's 1st GM "squad" He'll be an obv headliner every night, and LA isn't Cleveland. His buddy CP3 could even end up being the 2nd big player, he just opts in this year with the Clips, and walks next year.

    He gets a ton of options with LA, why would he stay in Cleveland?

    Dwight Howard traded to the Hornets for a bag of moldy dildos and a 2nd round pick.

  18. #38
    I Want It All!
    Sadio HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mount Myōboku
    Posts
    32,595
    Rep Power
    352439
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: 2017 NBA Offseason Thread (Draft on Thursday 6/22)

    I wouldn't compare Plumlee and Marco Belinelli to a bag of mold Dildos, more so a Bag full of Gravure Magazines and a Six pack of Mountain Dew.

    Teams going trade crazy today sheesh when is the draft?

    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

  19. #39
    WC Hall Of Famer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    19,801
    Rep Power
    91253

    Re: 2017 NBA Offseason Thread (Draft on Thursday 6/22)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I wouldn't compare Plumlee and Marco Belinelli to a bag of mold Dildos, more so a Bag full of Gravure Magazines and a Six pack of Mountain Dew.

    Teams going trade crazy today sheesh when is the draft?


    No idea, should probably just google it

  20. #40
    I Want It All!
    Sadio HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mount Myōboku
    Posts
    32,595
    Rep Power
    352439
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: 2017 NBA Offseason Thread (Draft on Thursday 6/22)

    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan Superman View Post


    No idea, should probably just google it
    Sorry haven't been keeping my eye on it at all this year sadly. Should be interesting if anymore trades get done by the end of the week.

    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •