Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Floyd Mayweather v Conor McGregor Discussion

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Floyd Mayweather v Conor McGregor Discussion

Unbeaten boxer Floyd Mayweather will fight UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor in a much-discussed boxing match on Aug. 26 in Las Vegas, a well-placed source told Yahoo Sports on Wednesday. Mayweather is expected to make the announcement on social media as early as Wednesday.

Terms of the deal were not available, but it will either be at the MGM Grand Garden or T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The Nevada Athletic Commission on Wednesday approved the request from Mayweather Promotions to put on a boxing card on Aug. 26 at the MGM Grand. The venue could change, however, to T-Mobile.

It is a stunning development given that Mayweather, the greatest boxer of his era, had said he was retired after compiling a 49-0 pro record from 1996 through 2015. But with a fight which could pay each man in excess of $100 million, he reconsidered.

Neither UFC president Dana White, Mayweather Promotions CEO Leonard Ellerbe or Showtime’s Stephen Espinoza could be reached for comment.

More to come soon.

---

This is from Kevin Iole who usually has his finger on the pulse when it comes to MMA stuff. Ariel Helwani has also backed it up and said that an official announcement could come as soon as an hour's time.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

[Blank Space]

Status
      Country                    UK

Re: Mayweather/McGregor apparently set for August 26th!

Fucking crazy that this is gonna actually happen

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Shuyaku

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Well damn should of posted here instead of the Boxing thread. It's the Boxer vs the Fighter should be a good fight. If I'm Connor I'm getting Mayweather in the ropes and punishing him to the hip and body, a thing alot of Boxers don't use enough in fights. Everyone wants that special KO, but if you pick apart the body it carries over into the later rounds. Mayweather is going to stick and move Creed style in Rocky 2 and jab Connor to death, it's weather or not Connor can get inside to get in any damage in.
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 06-14-2017 at 05:28 PM.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Rusev Day Smod

Status
      Country                    England

Yep this is everywhere now.

Going to be quite something to witness that's for sure. Mayweather is going to absolutely destroy him though.

Jobber

Status
      Country                    Canada

I want to see McGregor flatten Mayweather but I don't think that will be happening. Boxing is a different playing field. Plus, Mayweather has the league, referees and judges on his side so this will be a difficult, almost impossible victory.

Shuyaku

Status

Quote Originally Posted by mK Reign View Post
    I want to see McGregor flatten Mayweather but I don't think that will be happening. Boxing is a different playing field. Plus, Mayweather has the league, referees and judges on his side so this will be a difficult, almost impossible victory.
    I mean Connor is a Gaijin aka outside in the sport sure, but Floyd isn't he most lovable guy in the sport he's pretty damn arrogant of a person. Anything is possible especially after the few years with decisions I've seen in Boxing like Bradley over Paquiao in their first fight, which was one of the worst decisions I've seen in a decade.
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 06-14-2017 at 07:59 PM.

Real Women of Genius

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Jobber

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I mean Connor is a Gaijin aka outside in the sport sure, but Floyd isn't he most belovable guy in the sport he's pretty damn arrogant of a person. Anything is possible especially after the few years with decisions I've seen in Boxing like Bradley over Paquiao in their first fight, which was one of the worst decisions I've seen in a decade.
    The fight is going to be completely one-sided, regardless. They won't make it even, therefore, McGregor is the underdog. I just wish they weren't bias, even Pacquiao should've won his fight against Mayweather, at least that's my opinion on that matter. Strength, McGregor has Mayweather beat but Mayweather has the speed. I just hope that McGregor can catch him with some solid hooks and Mayweather hits the ground, he's too cocky, someone needs to give him an attitude adjustment.

Cider 'I' Up

Status
      Country                    England

I absoultly can't stand McGregor and Mayweather isnt the most entertaining fighter you will ever see but he always gets the job done, don't get me wrong I'm looking forward to this for sure, but Mayweathers defence ability and speed should see him win this.

Not a bad pay day...

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Cyber bullying just made me 12 bucks. Sweet.
    2017 Movie Log

Shuyaku

Status

The fight is going to be completely one-sided, regardless. They won't make it even, therefore, McGregor is the underdog. I just wish they weren't bias, even Pacquiao should've won his fight against Mayweather, at least that's my opinion on that matter. Strength, McGregor has Mayweather beat but Mayweather has the speed. I just hope that McGregor can catch him with some solid hooks and Mayweather hits the ground, he's too cocky, someone needs to give him an attitude adjustment.
    I'm glad you brought up Mayweather and Pacquiao, because one I said during the fight to people on Twitter he didn't seem at all. Legit days later we found out he went into the fight with a major injury that needed surgery, and instead of holding off that fight, he decided to fight not at 100%. I had that fight closer than most likely, but Floyd won that fight and I'm a huge Manny fan here. The last person who got a legit hard shot on Floyd was Sugar Shane Mosley in 2010 and he survived that storm and won the fight.

Real Women of Genius

Shuyaku

Status

I'm glad you brought up Mayweather and Pacquiao, because one I said during the fight to people on Twitter he didn't seem at all. Legit days later we found out he went into the fight with a major injury that needed surgery, and instead of holding off that fight, he decided to fight not at 100%. I had that fight closer than most likely, but Floyd won that fight and I'm a huge Manny fan here. The last person who got a legit hard shot on Floyd was Sugar Shane Mosley in 2010 and he survived that storm and won the fight.

Real Women of Genius

Status

Man this is fucking nuts. So awesome. I'd love to see Conor win this, but I'm 95% sure Mayweather will just toy with him like he does with all his opponents. I'm just hoping for a fun fight either way.

Also really hoping Mauro gets to call this fight. And with it being on Showtime PPV, it seems like there'd be a decent chance at that happening.

Status

Dana White will likely do his best to ensure Mauro Ranallo (since he's now a Bellator employee) does not call the fight imo.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Shuyaku

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PeepShow View Post
    Man this is fucking nuts. So awesome. I'd love to see Conor win this, but I'm 95% sure Mayweather will just toy with him like he does with all his opponents. I'm just hoping for a fun fight either way.

Also really hoping Mauro gets to call this fight. And with it being on Showtime PPV, it seems like there'd be a decent chance at that happening.
    Yeah he always does the fights for Showtime so it should be a lock. Mauro and Jim Lampley who does the HBO Broadcast for Boxing are the two best in the game and they always make any fight they commentate feel like the best in the world. I just thought about this news, but imagine the Press Conferences between the two! I'm hope we get a Press Conference to make it official official within a week.

I forgot about that ^Shake, but maybe Dana might let him finish us his dates with Showtime?
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 06-14-2017 at 09:05 PM.

Real Women of Genius

Putting America First

Status
      Country                    United States

One thing that could prove very dangerous for Mayweather is that McGregor has nothing to lose.

He is expected to lose so he can put it all the line and take risks that boxers wouldn't.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Yeah he always does the fights for Showtime so it should be a lock. Mauro and Jim Lampley who does the HBO Broadcast for Boxing are the two best in the game and they always make any fight they commentate feel like the best in the world. I just thought about this news, but imagine the Press Conferences between the two! I'm hope we get a Press Conference to make it official official within a week.

I forgot about that ^Shake, but maybe Dana might let him finish us his dates with Showtime?
    I think Mauro is still available to work Showtime whilst being employed by Bellator. It's the fact that Dana, as UFC President, is likely not going to want the voice of Bellator (UFCs rival) calling a McGregor fight.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Shuyaku

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RyuShake Taguchi View Post
    I think Mauro is still available to work Showtime whilst being employed by Bellator. It's the fact that Dana, as UFC President, is likely not going to want the voice of Bellator (UFCs rival) calling a McGregor fight.
    Do you think Shake if Connor wins or loses he goes back to the UFC at all? I mean the dude is going to make 100 Million. He could retire and take time off and come back to UFC in a year if he wanted to right?

Real Women of Genius

Status

I really don't know what will happen with McGregor. I don't know if he will ever come back to the UFC. Just seems unlikely if he's taking this step. He probably wins and decides to call it a day.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Status

Money grab of the highest order, but I'm still surprised it came together. Won't at all be surprised if it falls apart. There is not legitimate way this should get sanctioned, but its Vegas and money.

I can't see McGregor managing to unset the best boxer of his generation, but hey, more power to him if he proves me wrong.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

McGregor low-key gives half his earnings to Mayweather to get him to throw the match.

Shuyaku

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Money grab of the highest order, but I'm still surprised it came together. Won't at all be surprised if it falls apart. There is not legitimate way this should get sanctioned, but its Vegas and money.

I can't see McGregor managing to unset the best boxer of his generation, but hey, more power to him if he proves me wrong.
    Yeah to degree it's a money bag no doubt, but for Mayweather he didn't have let's see the best fight Berto when at that time he said he was going to retire from the sport. If anything this is a showcase for him to prove he's the best of his era, while also making money of course, while also giving us a fighter we want to see him fight. If he came back and didn't take this fight the shit storm he would of taken like he for so many years before he fought Pacman. Honestly if he wins I like rematch with Manny and Floyd again after this let's say in May of 2018.

Real Women of Genius

Thread Information