Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Impact Wrestling Slammiversary 2017 Discussion Thread

Backyarder

Status

Re: Impact Wrestling Slammiversary 2017 Discussion Thread

Can't believe just how much I enjoyed that. Was superb.

I Want It All!

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Well it seems all four of them want to kill each other. Alisha isn't a Wrestler, for her to take a dive and then hit a Ladder amazing that she is still standing.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Indy Talent

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Well it seems all four of them want to kill each other. Alisha isn't a Wrestler, for her to take a dive and then hit a Ladder amazing that she is still standing.
    Wow, that was awesome.

And not sure whether you're just kayfabing it or not, but Alisha is an actual wrestler, as Alexxis

Ki/Dutt should be a good old fashioned X division classic.

I Want It All!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin DeWinde View Post
    Wow, that was awesome.

And not sure whether you're just kayfabing it or not, but Alisha is an actual wrestler, as Alexxis

Ki/Dutt should be a good old fashioned X division classic.
    You learn something everyday, they kinda played her up to be just the Wifey of Eddie Edwards did not know she actually wrestled before. Still a good match, will it be over between the two? Edwards and Richards might be fighting with each other when they are old and are in Wheelchairs!

Ki vs Dutt time, hopefully this match kills it!

Real Women of Genius

Indy Talent

Status

That was goddamn beautiful

I Want It All!

Status

Yeah a another good match, but if I compare the title change in India vs Slammiversary match it's pretty tight for me which I like better. The fans though was kinda sleepy, their were doing some good things out there. It might be fatigue after all the chaos they have seen tonight, that they were shocked to see a real Wrestling match.

Rosemary vs Sienna title for title. I had Rosemary in my top Women Wrestlers of the year, and slowly people are starting to see how great a character and Wrestler she is for the company.

Real Women of Genius

Backyarder

Status

Good match between the two of them, but rather gutted about the winner. Hope Rosemary wins it back at Bound for Glory.

I Want It All!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWrestling View Post
    Good match between the two of them, but rather gutted about the winner. Hope Rosemary wins it back at Bound for Glory.
    Yeah I'm not happy about the decision, just due to with Rosemary you can do so much with her versus Sienna. Still a good match, and good for her to use her MMA background to win. They could be having Allie win the title and feud with Rosemary later with Allie. Theirs history between them outside of Impact.

In the Indies Allie and Rosemary had a feud, and Allie beat Rosemary or Courtney Rush and I think I remember cutting her hair and she lost it! From there she went nutty, created the character Rosemary we got this lovely lady now.

Real Women of Genius

Indy Talent

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Yeah a another good match, but if I compare the title change in India vs Slammiversary match it's pretty tight for me which I like better. The fans though was kinda sleepy, their were doing some good things out there. It might be fatigue after all the chaos they have seen tonight, that they were shocked to see a real Wrestling match.

Rosemary vs Sienna title for title. I had Rosemary in my top Women Wrestlers of the year, and slowly people are starting to see how great a character and Wrestler she is for the company.
    Both were good matches, and even if the crowd wasn't as hot as it should have been tonight, that match was the better one for me, and one of the best matches of the year.

Not super excited about the winner, but that was a damn good match with a really unique finish. And I totally agree with you, she is one of the best women in the world in the ring and as a character. I wasn't sure if she would be able to keep being as good or interesting as she was in SMASH, but I am more than happy that she has been. Now let's just get a few more good women in here for her to fight besides Cherry Bomb and Sienna

I Want It All!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin DeWinde View Post
    Both were good matches, and even if the crowd wasn't as hot as it should have been tonight, that match was the better one for me, and one of the best matches of the year.

Not super excited about the winner, but that was a damn good match with a really unique finish. And I totally agree with you, she is one of the best women in the world in the ring and as a character. I wasn't sure if she would be able to keep being as good or interesting as she was in SMASH, but I am more than happy that she has been. Now let's just get a few more good women in here for her to fight besides Cherry Bomb and Sienna
    Yeah if Impact has a negative right now it's the Knockouts. They invested in the X-Division hopefully going forward they do the same because theirs talent out there to be signed. Impact needs to resign Jade aka Mia Yim, sign Ivelisse, get Sexy Star and they could have something nice together.

Real Women of Genius

Indy Talent

Status

Yknow, I didn't have high expectations whatsoever for that main event, but both of those guys really brought their A game. Nice to see El Patron finally giving a shit about putting on great matches again. Hopefully he continues to do so. Overall what a great PPV

Backyarder

Status

Would have preferred Bobbo to win, but El Patron is so much better outside WWE so not particularly bothered about him winning it. An excellent show overall, hopefully they have some nice new belts for Impact on Thursday.

I Want It All!

Status

Yeah Lashley/Patron was a good bout no doubt, don't mind the finish but it felt a little anti-climatic. Still Lashley comes off looking strong, not tapping just making the mistake of worrying about Dos Caras rather than the match. They'll have a return match, just don't make it on Impact let Lashley lose his fucking mind and go beastly again and get a title shot in 3 or 4 months from now. The PPV itself was highly enjoyable, even match was given enough time and their were matches I thought were going to suck and they shocked me with a good performance.

Real Women of Genius

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Egypt
    The Owl coming off to start the show was funny.

First of all, I thought the commentary team ruled, West is clearly the man and was so happy to hear this good brother. I've heard Flores on ESPN before and he was a good 'un too, way better than Borash & Josh.

The opener was a sloppy match but a cool opener with all action. A step up from the usual kind of openers though the NOAH guys barely scratched the surface of what they can do. Everyone looked good even the interfering members of LAX. Diamante is fearless & adds a lot. Hope to see all the teams get a chance to show off fully at the tapings as I think all 8 guys are good/great.

It was a mark out moment to see not only my favorite football player wrestle, but also be legit good! Plus we got to see Aria Blake as a cheerleader which is highly bueno. What a hoot, despite overshooting the table at the end.

McKenzie Mitchell. <3

ECIII/Storm overkilled on the strap & the match was nothing special. The post-match was really weird.

The announcers match was a lot of fun with the shenanigans, but it's hard to reconcile they spent so much time on tv building this all up between two guys who aren't even that great at their regular jobs, letalone wrestling. Also the tacks spot completely undercut the next match.

Which I thought was very good for the fact that they got screwed by the tacks & the time, they had an all energy hardcore match with the wives specifically standing out in their energy. Not only is Alisha a wrestler, HoHo, she once legit wrestled a 73 minute match on the indies. =O Alisha > Omega.

The X Title was good, but not great. They seemed to never quite get to that next level. I thought the match in India was slightly better due to the moment but it was fine.

Sienna/Rosemary was way overbooked but they seemed to try. Sienna is heavily misused in Impact, & I think Rosemary is very popular due to her character work. I hope they have plans for Sienna going forward to endear her more to the fans.

I thought the main came together to be good but not great, which was fair considering they had to overcome a lot on the outside. They seemed to try to have an epic but it didn't really make it.

Pretty cool show all & all, really enjoyed the tag titles, DeAngelo, & thought the rest was at least solid outside of the women's match. Was nifty. 7-7.5 out of 10.

Ratings:

Opener: ***1/2
    DeAngelo Tag: ***1/2 (Biased rating but was good)
    ECIII/Storm: **1/2
    Borash/Mathews Tag: *3/4 (As a match, was entertaining though)
    Eddie/Davey Tag: ***1/2
    X Title: ***1/4
    Women's Title: **
    Main Event: ***
    Angels in Flight~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

I Want It All!

Status

Yeah that were I had everything look like rating wise except I would legit give the Tag Title match more so with honesty the best match of the card at solid 4. I liked how Storm/EC3 ended on the rewatch, the damage Storm took and to just pass out was something unique we don't see in matches. I don't know if that was a work, or he was actually hurt with a concussion because they had alot of Medical Staff in the Ring so to buy me into believing that is a thumbs up for me.

Alisha has wrestled a 73 minute match with who?

The Main Event could of been better, I think return matches will be better I just hope they don't do the rematch this upcoming week. I think you need to build this back up with Lashley turning to Strowman like he was in his first title reign and have him work his way up to face Patron once again. That's the problem with Impact they don't have enough PPV's in a year for big title matches which is why we've seen title changes on Impact shows. I think the next PPV is Bound for Glory I think in October. I did like though after the match Patron and Lashley after the PPV was done shaking hands and saying were not Sport Entertainers were Wrestlers!

Real Women of Genius

The Franchise.

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Slammiversary was a really enjoyable Ppv. Was so surprised how much I enjoyed it.

Favourite match was Tag Title 4 Way. Closely followed by D'Angelo tag and EC3/Storm.

How genius was the Borash/Mathews tag too. Marked out so much when James Mitchell returned.

I Want It All!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Franchiser View Post
    Slammiversary was a really enjoyable Ppv. Was so surprised how much I enjoyed it.

Favourite match was Tag Title 4 Way. Closely followed by D'Angelo tag and EC3/Storm.

How genius was the Borash/Mathews tag too. Marked out so much when James Mitchell returned.
    Since then I've rewatched the show and the Tag Title Match was the tits. Also who in God's name gave Steiner a License to Drive?

Wait..DOES HE HAVE A LICENSE?!

Real Women of Genius

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    Wales

Who in gods name allowed Steiner near a wrestling ring and a live mic again?
    I have a plan so cunning......

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Who in gods name allowed Steiner near a wrestling ring and a live mic again?
    Scott Steiner is such a guilty pleasure of mine, I marked the fuck out when I saw that he returned. I think it was the only thing I watched from that episode of Impact

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Austerio View Post
    Scott Steiner is such a guilty pleasure of mine, I marked the fuck out when I saw that he returned. I think it was the only thing I watched from that episode of Impact

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk
    I think he's a lot of peoples guilty pleasure purely because you could just be viewing a trainwreck whenever he appears haha. In fairness I loved early day Scott Steiner, especially when he pulled out the frankensteiner but latter day Big Poppa Pump was just horrid to watch.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Thread Information