Since March 31st 2004
    1 defence

NWA World Tag Team Championships
    Kid Kash (2 times) and Dallas (2 times)
    Since April 21st 2004
    4 defences

Active Roster

Staff and Management

Colour Commentator - NWA Representative - Announcer & Interviewer - Lead Commentator - Director of Authority

Schedule

2004-06-02 - Final TNA Weekly PPV
    2004-06-04 - Debut Edition of TNA iMPACT! on FSN
    2004-06-11 - TNA iMPACT! on FSN
    2004-06-18 - TNA iMPACT! on FSN
    2004-06-25 - TNA iMPACT! on FSN (Two Year Anniversary Show)
    Last edited by God; 06-06-2017 at 04:52 PM.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

God

Status

Re: TNA Wrestling Matters Here

NWA TNA Weekly PPV
    June 2nd, 2004
    Nashville, TN

The final weekly PPV for TNA Wrestling had the series end with a bang as several rivalries were wrapped up, and new ones born. In the opening contest, the World X Cup was on the line. With victory in Ultimate X being worth five points, all four teams were still in contention. Team Canada currently lead the pack with four points, followed by Team Mexico on three, with Team USA and Team Japan both on two points. Team Japan, Team Canada and Team Mexico were all represented by their team captains in Nosawa, Petey Williams and Hector Garza, but Team USA went with a different strategy. Team captain Jerry Lynn instead sent Ultimate X veteran Chris Sabin into the match and the gamble paid off as Sabin was able to bring home the victory and move Team USA from joint last, to top of the table and gain the World X Cup trophy.

World X Cup Finals
    Ultimate X Match
    Chris Sabin def. Hector Garza, Nosawa and Petey Williams w/ Scott D’Amore in 19:39.

Sabin would quickly be joined in the ring by his Team USA team mates Jerry Lynn, Christopher Daniels and Elix Skipper to celebrate, but the celebrations would be short lived. Irate at going from first place to second in the final match, Team Canada crashed the party. Bobby Roode, Eric Young and Johnny Devine, led by Scott D’Amore, quickly did a number on Team USA which led to an impromptu six-man tag. Given the sneak attack, Team Canada were able to control much of the match but as time went on, Team USA regrouped and recovered and looked to have the match in hand. Primetime Elix Skipper walked the ropes towards Eric Young but was tripped by the hockey stick of Scott D’Amore, allowing Bobby Roode to pick up the victory with a Death Valley Driver to restore some pride and gain a measure of revenge. Not content with the victory, Petey Williams took possession of the World X Cup and left with Team USA’s prize in hand.

Bobby Roode, Eric Young and Johnny Devine w/ Scott D’Amore def. Jerry Lynn, Christopher Daniels and Elix Skipper in 08:53.

Having won the World Tag Team Championships via Disqualification didn’t do much to dent the confidence of Kid Kash and his bodyguard Dallas. Just a week after their controversial victory, Kash loudly proclaimed himself and Dallas to be the greatest tag team of all time and they would take on anybody stupid enough to disagree. Former Champions BG James and Konnan were two men who disagreed and challenged the new champions but Kash moved the goalposts and insisted they earn the title shot first. Annoyed at the bait and switch, Konnan and James agreed and overcame the Naturals to challenge for the titles on the final Weekly PPV. Despite having momentum, experience and fan support on their side, Kash and Dallas were able to retain as Kash was surprisingly able to hit James with the Money Maker for the three count, following a low blow from Dallas. Kash and Dallas didn’t wait around the celebrate their victory, knowing they stole it and instead celebrate on their way backstage to safety, having knocked off one of the most experienced teams in TNA.

Kid Kash and Dallas © def. Konnan and BG James to retain the NWA World Tag Team Championships in 09:03.

Ever since getting the attention of Erik Watts, Goldylocks became obsessed with the second-generation star and took the eventual break-up of the duo rather hard. Feeling Watts used her for her money, Goldylocks went on a crusade for vengeance as she obtained the services of Abyss. The former World Tag Team Champion quickly went on a rampage as he battled for the approval of Goldylocks, despite her showing little interest past a business relationship. Abyss constantly tried but failed to take out Erik Watts, leading to Goldylocks putting up $500,000 of her own fortune if Watts could defeat Abyss on June 2nd. But should Abyss win, Goldylocks would gain ownership of Watts contract. Watts showed he may very well have been in it for the money as he accepted the match. Watts did everything in his power to keep Abyss down, but the idea of making Goldylocks so happy was enough to push Abyss that extra mile and hit a vicious Black Hole Slam to end the match just as Watts was building momentum. An ecstatic Goldylocks quickly runs into the ring and ignores Abyss before ripped up Watts’ contract in front of him, having gotten the ultimate revenge on her ex-boyfriend by taking away his entire career.

Cash vs. Contract
    Abyss w/ Goldylocks def. Erik Watts in 07:21.

The Alpha Male Monty Brown has been on a rampage since making his return to TNA in March, racking up victory after victory and rarely even getting knocked off his feet. D-Ray 3000 was the next to step up to the challenge but aside from telling Brown to Fear the ‘fro, D-Ray got zero offence in as Brown destroyed the youngster and could have won the match much quicker than he actually did. Brown toyed with D-Ray for a few minutes, hitting four Alpha Bombs in quick succession before finally putting D-Ray out of his misery with the Pounce for the widely expected three count. After the bell, Monty Brown made a title belt motion around his waist, letting the entire world know that the Alpha Male is on the hunt for some gold in the very near future.

Monty Brown def. D-Ray 3000 in 03:17.

One piece of gold that Monty Brown may or may not be looking at was up for grabs next as The Amazing Red and Kazarian go into battle in a rematch from the end of March where Kazarian won the title in the first place. Having taken on a seemingly never-ending line of challengers, Kazarian has worked hard to live up to his claim of being able to establish the X-Division Championship as the major prize in TNA Wrestling. The more Kazarian defends the gold, the more realistic his proclamation begins to look. Red, a former champion himself, looked to end the reign and claim that glory for himself as an early Code Red almost ended the match out of nowhere. Kazarian though proved his resiliency by fighting through the set back and coming back even stronger. As the match progressed, Kazarian started taking short cuts and finally one of them paid off. A thumb to the eye of Red meant the Brooklyn native had a crash landing from the top rope, giving Kazarian the opening he needed to hit the Wave of the Future for the three count and the victory. Following the victory, Kazarian found himself face to face with the man who had to forfeit the title due to injury, Chris Sabin. Having won the World X Cup for his team earlier tonight, Sabin has now turned his focus to the title he never lost.

X-Division Championship
    Kazarian © def. The Amazing Red to retain the X-Division Championship in 15:51.

The main event of the final weekly PPV for TNA would feature the NWA World Heavyweight Championship on the line in the first ever King of the Mountain Match. With the match essentially being a ladder match, many believed it would favour the current NWA Champion Ron Killings and former NWA Champion AJ Styles. The opposite proved to be true as the ever-violent Raven looked right at home with having so many weapons to choose from. The Wildcat Chris Harris and Jeff Jarrett took up the remaining two places in the match. Raven was indeed the first man to become eligible for victory as he was able to score a victory over Harris inside five minutes following a Raven Effect onto a steel chair. Styles followed when he pinned Jeff Jarrett and sent Jarrett to the penalty box. As soon as Jarrett was released, Killings pinned him to send him straight back in. Chris Harris soon got revenge on Raven when he pinned him following a Spear, making four out of five men eligible for victory. When Jarrett came back into the match, Harris tried a Spear but got a guitar to the face instead, effectively ending his involvement in the match as Jarrett quickly made himself eligible. Raven pinned Jarrett next to send the two time NWA Champion out of the match for the third time with Chris Harris still motionless following the guitar shot. With three men left standing, Raven decided to set up some tables but lost focus and got taken out with the Axe Kick from Killings. Killings climbed the ladder towards victory but was quickly joined by AJ Styles who used the ropes to springboard to the top. Jeff Jarrett tried to force his way out of the penalty box early but only managed to draw Director of Authority Vince Russo to the ring. Russo told Jarrett off before surprisingly unlocking the cage early and clearing the way for Jarrett to enter the ring. With Styles and Killings trading blows atop the ladder, Jarrett with an assist from Russo comes and shoves the ladder over, sending both men crashing through the tables Raven set up. With Russo surveying the carnage, Jarrett manages to climb the ladder and hang the NWA World Championship to become the King of the Mountain and the new champion on the very last Weekly PPV, having spent most of the match in the penalty box.

NWA World Championship
    King of the Mountain Match
    Jeff Jarrett def. Ron Killings ©, AJ Styles, Raven and Chris Harris to become the new NWA World Champion in 22:10.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

God

Status

This post has nothing to do with the BTB and is just me rambling.

Yes, I'm doing TNA again. Why? It's one of the few promotions that I feel comfortable doing and one of only two promotions that I actually enjoyed doing. The only other one I ever enjoyed doing was ROH and I currently have zero interest in doing ROH. The issue I have when doing current day BTB's is the roster. I like to keep it similar to the real roster but over time it ends up getting further and further away. My previous BTB for example. I compared my roster to the current day roster and it only has 18 common talents. I'd have to write out about 20 and debut another 30 just to match up again. That killed my interest. A BTB set in the past, avoids that issue. I know who is coming and who is going (Hi, Hector!) in advance and can prepare for it. The roster won't be identical, but will be close enough for the time being. I just don't want to book some people. Erik Watts for example. He sucks and leaves in early 2005 so I just sped it up a little. Fuck Erik Watts.

I've considered doing this time frame for years now but never got around to it for various reasons. The big reason I wanted to do this time frame is because I consider it one of the two huge turning points in the company's history. The second being January 2010 for obvious reasons. The roster at this time isn't bloated but has a lot of talent with more coming in the next few weeks and months. The issue is the heavyweight division. To put it bluntly, it sucks. TNA tried to rectify this by bringing in big name after big name to no success. I'm not going to do that. Randy Savage is due to arrive in a couple of months but he's having a change of heart. Diamond Dallas Page is also due soon, but likewise he won't be showing up. I have zero interest in booking those guys when I have such a stacked X-Division roster that I can use instead along with the makings of an incredible tag team division. I do have plans for the NWA title, but it won't be the selling point long term. The X-Division and Tag divisions will be. The NWA title will be a little extra on top once I have everything set up how I want. I'd like to bring the Knockouts division along earlier than it actually happened, but I only have 60 minutes of TV time so that will have to wait for another while. Plus, I only have two women who wouldn't embarrass themselves in a ring.

I'm planning on doing this BTB in the same fashion I used to do every BTB. I'm not planning out months in advance in great detail then writing a show and posting it the next day. I'm doing my old style of planning a few weeks ahead and having the next few shows written in advance. I already have the next three shows done with the Two Year Anniversary Show ready to write. If I plan too far ahead, I'll lose interest in what I'm writing as I want to write what I'm planning instead. This time, I'm currently planning out four or so weeks ahead and then writing them. Then planning the next four or so weeks. Monthly PPV's start later this year so I'll be able to go from PPV to PPV then, just like I used to. I'll be doing match summaries instead of long winded hold by hold accounts. I'm acting as a booker here, not a road agent.

I know I jump around BTB's a lot, but I think I can stick with this one because it's a time frame I loved and I don't have to worry too much about the roster getting out of hand.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

Status

Will be reading.

Picking a time-frame you enjoy is awfully important. Myself and others have created BTBs around less appealing (to the writer, maybe no the audience) time periods but where this "potential" and fun possibilities. But sometimes getting there is a grind. And that kills many a project.

I also know what you meant about starting to deviate. With a historical project, its always a bit of a balancing act to keeping things feeling "realistic" but also telling the narrative you want to tell. Gotta find that balance that works for you.

God

Status

iMPACT!
    June 4th 2004

The first episode of iMPACT! opens with a six-man tag team match. Fresh from stealing the World X Cup two days ago on the final weekly PPV event, Team Canada of Bobby Roode, Eric Young and Petey Williams are instantly in the firing line as Jerry Lynn has brought Elix Skipper and Christopher Daniels as back up in a bid to regain possession of the cup. The official did his best to keep control of the match but that went out the window early on as all six men came and went freely without worrying about making tags. In the end, Bobby Roode was able to catch Lynn with a Death Valley Driver, but Daniels was quickly on hand to take him out with an STO. Before Daniels can follow up though, Williams hits the ropes and catches Daniels with a Canadian Destroyer to score the victory.

Team Canada def. Jerry Lynn, Christopher Daniels and Elix Skipper in 08:21.

The new NWA World Champion Jeff Jarrett was next to the ring as he thanked his new best friend for having his back on Wednesday night, TNA Director of Authority Vince Russo. Jarrett and Russo attempt to celebrate stealing the NWA World Championship but former champion Ron Killings has other ideas. Jarrett and Russo manage to escape the ring but are soon cut off by AJ Styles. Russo runs for the hills, leaving Jarrett to be double teamed by the men Russo helped pushed off the ladder two days earlier. Killings takes Jarrett down with an Axe Kick before Styles follows up with a Styles Clash. As Jarrett rolls away, Killings and Styles both try to pick up the NWA World Championship, leading to a tense tug of war over the title both men want more than anything.

Fresh off ending the career of her ex-boyfriend, Goldylocks leads Abyss to the ring with the ripped-up contract of Erik Watts in hand. Goldylocks wastes little time in gloating about the victory before announcing she would like some gold in the very near future. Abyss nods in the background before his poor opponent is introduced as Shark Boy. Shark Boy tries his best but outside a few punches that have almost no effect, he spends the entire match on his back. Abyss easily man handles Shark Boy with the Shock Treatment before finishing the match with a Black Hole Slam, knowing Goldylocks has given him a mission, he doesn’t want to let her down.

Abyss def. Shark Boy in 02:01.

The self-proclaimed greatest tag team of all time, Kid Kash and Dallas are next as they face their latest challengers in the form of the NYC, Glenn Gilberti and Johnny Swinger. Gilberti and Swinger got this match simply by asking Vince Russo for a shot and being granted one. Kash is understandably unhappy but has decided it is simply another team to add to his list of defeated opponents. Swinger and Gilberti have some early success but that all changes once Dallas tags himself in and dominates both men. Dallas easily over powers the NYC and tosses them around the ring with no concern for their wellbeing. Kash plays cheerleader as Dallas hits a Black Out on Gilberti before Kash demands to be tagged back in. Dallas obliges and lets Kash score the victory with the Money Maker, knocking off yet another team in their bid to prove themselves as the greatest tag team of all time.

Kid Kash & Dallas © def. Glenn Gilberti & Johnny Swinger to retain the NWA World Tag Team Championships in 09:01.

The main event of the debut edition of iMPACT! is a four-way match to determine the new number one contender for the X-Division Championship featuring Sonjay Dutt, Michael Shane, Amazing Red and most recent champion Chris Sabin. As expected, all four men give it everything they have right from the start with Red even managing to catch Dutt with a Code Red but Shane was on hand to make the save. Red hit a second Code Red shortly after, this time to Sabin, but now Dutt was able to make the save, denying the former X-Division Champion again. As the match progresses, Red ends up burning out after a hot start and fading away. Shane finishes Red off with a Superkick to the side of the head, sending Red crashing off the apron and to the floor below. Sonjay Dutt catches Shane with a springboard moonsault but as soon as Dutt rolls to his feet, Sabin hoists him up and hits the Cradle Shock for the three count with just over 90 seconds left before the time limit expired. As Sabin gets his arm raised in victory, X-Division Champion Kazarian comes in behind Sabin and meets him face to face. Sabin and Kazarian exchange words before Kazarian raises his X-Division Championship to end the war of words in definitive fashion at the end of the show.

Chris Sabin def. Michael Shane, Sonjay Dutt & Amazing Red in 13:28.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

Huggin' It Out!

Status

This is definitely a very intriguing thread and a good starting point, really. TNA during this time period was my favorite era of the promotion so I certainly have interest in it off the bat. I like the fact that you're not bringing in big names and rather trying to just build up from the ground up. I do wonder if that philosophy will change as they do need some kind of star attraction/draw. But, at the end of the day, it's your philosophy and your vision, so I'm looking forward to seeing how you can craft this.

Good results with Team Canada starting off with a win. Roode hitting Lynn with the DVD was nice and I wonder if that will lead to a feud between the two. Williams hitting the Destroyer on Daniels is probably the smart move, as was Team Canada getting the win. Clean was a bit surprising, but nonetheless, off to a good start here.

Decent segment here with Jarrett, Killings and Styles. The tug of war thing was kinda eh, for me, but it sells the idea nonetheless. I suspect we'll see some kind of #1 contender's match between the two in the near future, which should prove to be pretty fun.

Abyss beating Shark Boy is fine. Not much else to say there.

Had to look up who 'Dallas' was and I see it was Lance Hoyt. That's right.Nothing really else to say here mostly because these guys probably should be taking down Gilberti and Swinger. Maybe a bit of a surprise that the match lasted so long.

Excellent 4-way match to finish the night off and a good way to boost the profile of the X Division. All four looked to be pretty darn good and Sabin getting the victory is a fine move for me. Him vs. Kaz should be a solid feud.

Overall, pretty fine start here. You obviously need to do some more building up here so we'll see where that goes. But, for now, I like how things started here. Keep it up.

WWE 2015: Generation NXT | Now Playing in Be The Booker | #WC4Horsemen

God

Status

iMPACT!
    June 11th 2004

iMPACT! opens this week with some X-Division action as Team Canada’s Petey Williams goes one on one with Jerry Lynn. Recently, Jerry Lynn led Team USA to victory in the World X Cup but had their trophy stolen by Team Canada afterwards. Chris Sabin has turned his attentions to the X-Division Champion Kazarian while Mike Tenay tells us that Christopher Daniels and Elix Skipper have seemingly moved their focus to the tag division, leaving Jerry Lynn to fight by himself. Lynn initially was able to hold his own against the captain of Team Canada but as the match progressed, the numbers came into play as Scott D’Amore encouraged his troops to get involved as often as possible. Lynn managed to fend off Roode, Young and Devine but in doing so gave D’Amore the opening he needed to smash the hockey stick across the back of Lynn, allowing Williams to follow up with a running Canadian Destroyer for the three count. Following the match, Scott D’Amore announced that next week Team Canada would be holding a victory parade as the rightful World X Cup winners.

Petey Williams w/ Team Canada def. Jerry Lynn in 08:01.

Following the events of last week that saw AJ Styles and Ron Killings left in a tug of war over the NWA World Championship, the NWA Board of Directors have decided to step in and make a ruling. Here to deliver that ruling is former NWA Champion Dusty Rhodes. Rhodes announces that next week on iMPACT!, AJ Styles and Ron Killings will go one on one with the winner being named the number one contender for Jeff Jarrett’s NWA World Championship. As soon as the words leave his mouth, Rhodes is interrupted by the King of the Mountain and he isn’t happy. Jarrett claims Rhodes has no authority here and can’t make a ruling like that. Rhodes says he just did. An irate Jarrett responds the only way he knows how, by smashing a guitar over the head of the legendary Dusty Rhodes, and leaving him laid out in the middle of the ring.

The Alpha Male Monty Brown makes his way to the ring next, no doubt having paid very close attention to what just happened with regards to the NWA World Championship. Eager to continue his march towards an eventual title opportunity, Brown’s latest opponent is the debuting Mikey Batts. Batts knows he is up against it but surprisingly manages to get some meaningful offence in when he catches Brown with a running dropkick early on. Batts quickly lays into Brown with forearms and knees but neither have much effect on the far bigger man. Getting desperate, Batts runs the ropes and instantly regrets it as Brown crashes into him with the Pounce. Batts lifelessly flies through the air before crashing to the mat for the Alpha Male to pin with no resistance.

Monty Brown def. Mikey Batts in 01:17.

Tag Team action follows as two of the best in the history of TNA lock up once more. Christopher Daniels and Elix Skipper, confirming what Mike Tenay suggested earlier tonight, face off against James Storm and Chris Harris as a classic rivalry is renewed in an attempt to become next in line for a shot at the World Tag Team Championships currently held by the self-proclaimed greatest tag team of all time, Kid Kash and Dallas. As AMW and Triple X go hold for hold, the champions make their way out to the top of the entrance tunnel for a closer look, obviously expecting to be facing one, if not both, of these teams in the near future. In the ring, Skipper hits Storm with Play of the Day but Harris is on hand to make the save. Shortly after, Storm hits Daniels with the Eye of the Storm but now Skipper saves. Daniels soon hits Harris with the Angels Wings but again the pin fall is broken up. Eventually, Harris and Storm are able to get Daniels out of the ring long enough to hit Skipper with the Death Sentence to score the victory and potentially become next in line for a championship match. Harris and Storm point towards Kash and Dallas, but the champions aren’t impressed as they turn and walk away.

America’s Most Wanted def. Triple X in 12:52.

The main event of the evening saw a return to the X-Division as new number one contender Chris Sabin faced off against Team Mexico member Mr. Aguila in his singles debut. Aguila starts off well using his size advantage but Sabin is able to weather the early storm and fire back with hard kicks to the legs. With Aguila struggling, Sabin kicks it into a higher gear as he casually picks apart Aguila’s legs as the match progresses. Aguila gets a few minutes on top but Sabin is quickly able to turn it around again before showing some impressive strength in getting Aguila up for the Cradle shock in the middle of the ring. Sabin hooks both legs of Aguila to ensure his more experienced opponent doesn’t kick out as the number one contender builds momentum as he waits for his shot at Kazarian and the championship that he was never defeated for.

Chris Sabin def. Mr. Aguila in 09:18.

As Sabin celebrates in the ring, we go backstage to find Jeff Jarrett with a handful of Vince Russo’s shirt. Jarrett demands that Russo do something about the match next week between AJ Styles and Ron Killings. Russo claims his hands are tied, to which Jarrett questions who is actually running things around here, because he was under the impression that Russo was the Director of Authority. A clearly shaken Russo manages to state that he will see what he can do as Jarrett shoves him into a wall, obviously unhappy with his new best friend.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

People's Champion

Status

Really enjoying the Team Canada storyline. Petey Williams is being built up really well and he was the leader of TC back then despite how Roode's career turns out. I loved TC back in the day and hope they get involved in the tag title scene too.

Jarrett is on one tonight. I can see him causing the match next week to be thrown out and maybe a triple threat being announced. Monty Brown is the future though and it's been a disappointment how his career turned out. Hopefully he gets his due in here.

Not sure how high you are on Kash/Dallas but I'd prefers AMW/XXX/Team Canada fighting over the title than them. Hopefully a swift change is in the offing.

Finally Chris Sabin has been great and I'm expecting the original X Division star to again come out on top. This division can only get better as time goes on.

Keep up the good work mate.

God

Status

iMPACT!
    June 18th 2004

With the two-year anniversary show only seven days away, iMPACT! opens with X-Division Champion Kazarian in non-title action against Sonjay Dutt. While Chris Sabin has already been confirmed as the next challenger for Kazarian, a victory for Dutt would certainly put him next in line for an opportunity at the X-Division title. Dutt looked good for the victory early on but the introduction of Michael Shane allowed Kazarian to re-take control. Once Kazarian noticed Shane at ringside, his body language quickly changed as he told Shane to leave, he has this under control. Shane protests but leaves once Traci Brooks pulls him away. With the contest back to one on one, Dutt almost pulls out the victory with a hurracanrana but Kazarian escapes and quickly catches Dutt with the Wave of the Future for the victory. Post-match, Chris Sabin stands atop the entrance ramp, locking eyes with the man who took his title without ever beating him.

Kazarian def. Sonjay Dutt in 11:12.

The second contest of the night was to determine the next challengers for the NWA World Tag Team Champions as The Naturals of Andy Douglas and Chase Stevens went face to face with the most decorated team in TNA history, America’s Most Wanted, consisting of James Storm and Chris Harris. As expected, both sides proved to be more than a match for the other and for the longest time it seemed destined to go to a 15-minute time limit draw. With less than two minutes remaining, The Naturals looked to steal the victory with the Natural Disaster on Storm, but a well-timed Spear from Harris saved his partner and a late comeback was on. The Naturals tried to run out the clock, feeling they could win by judge’s decision but a superkick from Storm to Douglas was enough to gain the pin-fall with only seconds remaining on the clock. Before Harris and Storm can even get announced as the winners, the NWA World Tag Team Champions, Kid Kash and Dallas, charge into the ring. Dallas gets speared by Harris while Kash gets a Superkick from Storm, quickly sending the champions into retreat.

America’s Most Wanted def. The Naturals in 14:49.

Last week Team Canada promised a victory parade as they proclaimed themselves as the rightful World X Cup winners, despite finishing second to Team USA. Team Canada captain Petey Williams gave an acceptance speech with the stolen cup in hand but before the celebrations could really get under way, Jerry Lynn interrupted and issued a challenge. Next week on the two-year anniversary show, winner takes all. Team Canada, seeing Lynn by himself quickly accepted the challenge before the Team USA captain was joined by the Team Mexico captain Hector Garza, and the Team Japan captain Nosawa to form an all-star team. Lynn let it be known that Team Canada have burnt every bridge possible with their actions and he didn’t even have to ask for help. Both Nosawa and Garza came to him to offer their support for a six-man tag team match next week on iMPACT! with the World X Cup trophy on the line.

The main event of the evening would feature two former NWA World Champions going one on one to determine who challenges Jeff Jarrett next week. Both men have valid claims to being the number one contender, having been pushed off a ladder at the same time by Director of Authority Vince Russo during the King of the Mountain match on the final Weekly PPV on June 2nd. Since then, Russo has tried his best to keep Jarrett protected but the NWA Board of Directors sent Dusty Rhodes as their representative to set up this match. Styles and Killings unsurprisingly went hold for hold early on before Killings went for a power game. Styles did the opposite and took to the air, bombarding Killings from every angle possible. As the match progressed, NWA Champion Jeff Jarrett made his way to ringside but security was quickly on hand to escort him back away from the ring. With security tied up on one side of the arena, Glenn Gilberti and Johnny Swinger came from the other side and attacked both Killings and Styles, causing a double disqualification. With the match over, Jarrett was able to get past security and into the ring to join in the beating just as Styles and Killings looked to be fighting back. A low blow to Styles quickly put him down before Killings fell to two on one odds. As Jarrett celebrates the non-finish, NWA representative Dusty Rhodes makes his presence felt once more by announcing he had warned the NWA Board of Directors about such a scenario and they agreed on a Plan B. Since neither man could win the match, Jeff Jarrett will now defend his NWA World Championship against both Ron Killings and AJ Styles in a three-way match in next week’s main event. With Jarrett livid, Rhodes makes sure to remind him that a disqualification means Jarrett loses the title, so Rhodes advises Jarrett’s new lackeys to stay at home.

AJ Styles vs. Ron Killings ends in a No Contest.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Next Week on the Two Year Anniversary Show
    June 25th 2004

NWA World Championship

Jeff Jarrett © vs. AJ Styles vs. Ron Killings

X-Division Championship
    Kazarian © vs. Chris Sabin

Kid Kash & Dallas © vs. America’s Most Wanted

World X Cup on the line
    Petey Williams, Bobby Roode & Eric Young vs. Jerry Lynn, Hector Garza & Nosawa
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

People's Champion

Status

I'm intrigued by the tension seemingly building between Kazarian and Michael Shane. I remember watching TNA around this time on The Wrestling Channel and I loved the feud between Sabin and Shane over the X Division title. Would not mind seeing both men involved with each other once again. Kazarian and Dutt are also great names in the division as it looks like AJ Styles has stepped above the division for now at least. Still backing Sabin for the title sooner rather than later.

The tag match was a great way to not only continue to put over AMW but also gave The Naturals a good rub for going so long with the 'most decorated team in TNA history'. I enjoyed seeing AMW take care of Dallas/Kash afterwards too. Hopeful my title change is not too far away.

Love the idea of the World X Cup Team Captains coming to Lynn's aid. Should be an interesting contest next week but part of me hopes Team Canada can hold onto the trophy for future bragging rights and to further the heat already on them.

As I expected Jarrett and his goons got the match thrown out and now we have a three way next week for the title. Hindsight says AJ Styles would be a great champion for the future of the brand but part of me wants to see what you can do with Killings as champ. Either way with it being the 2 year anniversary I can only see a huge surprise saving the title for Double J.

Next week's card looks great with 3 title matches and a fight for the X Cup. I'm predicting wins for Killings, Sabin, Dallas/Kash and Team Canada. Keep up the good work mate.

Thread Information