Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: HEROES MAFIA - Save the Cheerleader, Save the World

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

HEROES MAFIA - Save the Cheerleader, Save the World

Where does it come from? This quest, this need to solve life's mysteries when the simplest of questions can never be answered. Why are we here? What is the soul? Why do we dream? Perhaps we'd be better off not looking at all. Not delving, not yearning. That's not human nature. Not the human heart. That is not why we are here. We all imagine ourselves the agents of our destiny, capable of determining our own fate. But have we truly any choice in when we rise? Or when we fall? Or does a force larger than ourselves bid us our direction? Is it evolution that takes us by the hand? Does science point our way? Or is it God who intervenes, keeping us safe?

For all his bluster, it is the sad province of man that he cannot choose his triumph. He can only choose how he will stand when the call of destiny comes, hoping he will have the courage to answer.

When evolution selects its agents, it does so at a cost, makes demands in exchange for singularity and you may be asked to do something against your very nature. Suddenly the change in your life that should have been wonderful comes as a betrayal. It may seem cruel, but the goal is nothing short of self-preservation, survival. This force, evolution, is not sentimental. Like the earth itself, it knows only the hard facts of life's struggle with death. All you can do is hope and trust that when you have served its needs faithfully, there may still remain some glimmer of the life you once knew.

Sometimes questions are more powerful than answers. How is this happening? What are they? Why them and not others? Why now? What does it all mean?

There is good and there is evil. Right and wrong. Heroes and villains. And if we're blessed with wisdom, then there are glimpses between the cracks of each where light streams through. We wait in silence for these times when sense can be made, when meaningless existence comes into focus, and our purpose presents itself. And if we have the strength to be honest, then what we find there, staring back at us, is our own reflection, bearing witness to the duality of life. And each one of us is capable of both the dark and the light, of good and evil, of either, of all. And destiny, while marching ever in our direction, can be rerouted by the choices we make. By the love we hold onto, and the promises we keep.

----

Peter Petrelli stands atop the Deveaux building in the metropolis of New York City and looks down at the street below. Every fibre of his body is telling him to jump. Just take that step off of the edge. He can do it. All those dreams he's been having ever since the eclipse... he knows they're true. He is special. He can fly. It's time for him to prove it to himself. He stretches out his arms and closes his eyes. This is it.

"You can do it, Peter."

Peter is disturbed by a familiar voice. He turns around and is shocked to see Charles Deveaux standing, completely healthy, and able to speak to him.

"Charles... ? You're..."

"I know, Peter. I know why you're up here. You think you're special. You think you're meant for more than this. You're right, Peter. More than you know. All you have to do is take that leap and you'll prove it to yourself. Just take that first step, Peter, and the world will begin to change as you know it."

Peter turns back and looks down at the street. He's not so sure he can do it, now. What if he falls to his death? What if he's just a fool? What if he's wrong just like Nathan, his brother, says he is?

"I don't know, Charles! I..."

He turns around and realises that Charles is no longer there. There's no point in speaking. How did he get up here? How is he able to walk? He was comatose. Is he hallucinating? Is it all a sign? He looks back down below. The temptation is too strong. He takes a deep breath and takes that important step. Ready to die for his belief. He is so sure that he won't. This won't kill him.

He will fly.

-----

Just a flew blocks away in his studio loft, the author and illustrator of the comic book series '9th Wonders!', Isaac Mendez, is lying on the floor completely passed out after yet another heroin trip. But like all the other trips, he was able to paint his latest art piece before falling unconscious.

Behind him can be seen some of his latest pieces with their titles:

SAVE THE CHEERLEADER, SAVE THE WORLD: a man with horn-rimmed glasses protecting a girl in a red and white cheerleader outfit from what looks like a shadow monster.

GENESIS: a younger man standing holding a pocket watch in one hand and a bloody snowglobe in the other.

ONE GIANT LEAP: a man taking a step off of what appears to be the Deveaux building and beginning to fly.

Isaac Mendez is no ordinary artist.

His latest piece, however, appears to be his greatest yet. Or perhaps, the most alarming:

In the middle of Kirby Plaza, a man is on his knees with his hands held out infront of him. The man is glowing red hot with his hands the clear focal point as they appear brighter than anything else. The man appears to be in despair. Next to him lies the dead body of another man, a samurai sword sticking out from his chest and blood everywhere. Next to the man in despair is a small woman with blonde hair - she appears to be holding a gun to his head. A small crowd appears to have gathered to bear witness to the event - the man with horn rimmed glasses is obvious to spot. Does this man have something to do with Isaac's paintings? What is going on? Who is this glowing man?

The title of the piece:
    HOW TO STOP AN EXPLODING MAN

----

----

In recent days, a seemingly random group of individuals has emerged with what can only be described as "special" abilities.

Although unaware of it now, these individuals will not only save the world, but change it forever. This transformation from ordinary to extraordinary will not occur overnight.

Every story has a beginning.

----

I will not be starting this game until around Mid-June when I return from holiday. I am putting the sign up thread up now so that the game slots can be filled by the time I get back. I am looking for an absolute minimum of 16 players. Heroes has a ton of characters and so I am not fussed if the game becomes large. 24ish is probably the optimal number of players but I am fine with lower than that. Over 16 is a must, though, I think. This game will feature some standard mafia roles and some completely new roles that I have devised. The game will feature 'hidden' perks that may be triggered by certain scenarios. These hidden perks will be known to the player and the scenarios that trigger them. However, I will be banning any hidden perk hinting or claiming. I will make clear in your role PM what you cannot claim. Discussion on potential hidden perks is allowed eg if you think you know someone's character then you are free to openly state that they may have a certain scenario. They cannot confirm or deny it. Claiming a hidden perk is not going to be allowed. Anyone who does it will be modkilled and revealed immediately. It's basically another version of character hinting. I will also be banning any character hinting. Standard power claiming is allowed... whether you want to do that is up to you. But beware, you may find yourself punished for it by someone other than me. Risk it if you want.

The story plot will revolve around season one of Heroes - I will be following the story closely but also being completely different at some points. If you have seen the show then you will spot the similarities to the show in the post above and perhaps note some differences. Knowledge of the show may bring an advantage in being able to decipher some things here and there BUT I cannot stress enough that your knowledge could lead you down the wrong path. If you've seen this show then you know that literally anyone can be a good guy or a bad guy. In the story, the town (Heroes) will not be killed by the mafia (The Company) - instead, they are captured by them. They don't join the mafia or anything like that - they're still out of the game. It's just different to previous mafia stories where people die. Maybe nobody's character will die in the game even though they are eliminated.

I will write some story posts during the day to reflect what is happening and to keep vote counts updated. But in similarity to my "Who attacked Vinny Mac?" game, I will not be accurately representing characters with the people playing them. So if The Golden One accuses Jiggy of being mafia and a story post pops up of Mohinder Suresh accusing Niki Sanders of being a Company Agent then you can forget about thinking The Golden One is Mohinder and Jiggy is Niki. Maybe one is accurately depicted and the other isn't. Maybe they both are. Maybe they both aren't. Don't bother trying to figure it out. Death posts will have the real character for whoever dies.

I've tried my best to write out a good amount of roles that will, hopefully, give everyone something to do and to have fun. Nobody has a boring role, imo, and the game seems fairly balanced. This game will feature alot of perks and roles that you've never seen or played with before as well as standard stuff so it's up to you if you want to try and judge everything by what you know or let the game play out.

----

BASIC RULES: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game)

The game is composed of two teams: HEROES (town) and The COMPANY (Mafia). The objective of the COMPANY is to capture all the HEROES without themselves being killed. The objective of the HEROES is to identify the COMPANY and thwart them.

During the game, some players will be declared "captured/eliminated". Dead players are not part of the game and are not allowed to converse, confer, or otherwise commiserate with living players. When the rules say "players", they mean living players only.

The game proceeds in alternating phases of day and night.

Basics [Revised rules written by TGO and JIGGY]

1.) The GAME MOD runs this.
    If the GAME MOD says don't post -- unless your role says otherwise -- then don't post.

2.) At night, don't post.
    If you do, you will be mod-killed. This does not apply to NIGHT POSTERS

3.) The Company (MAFIA)
    -aligned people know -- for the most part -- who is town aligned and who is mafia aligned. The HEROES (town-aligned people) -- for the most part -- do not know who else is town aligned and who is mafia aligned.

4.)
    The objective of the game is simple: If you're town aligned, then you want to vote to lynch/ban the non-town-aligned players. If you're mafia aligned, then you want to keep your identity hidden from the town while surviving and persuading town members to lynch/ban their own. If the mafia team has as many or more members still in the game as the town-aligned team, then the mafia win. If the townies lynch/ban all the mafia members, then the town wins.

5.)
    Each day, you will vote on who to lynch/ban from the forum. It's majority vote -- with 12 alive, it takes seven votes to lynch -- but if it takes too long and the game is dragging, I will create a time limit where the person(s) with the most votes is lynched/banned. The town wants to lynch/ban people who are mafia. The mafia want the opposite.

6.)
    When you vote, you MUST bold your vote and format it a specific way.

Official Vote: TGO

If you do not bold your vote, it will not count. I'm serious. I'm not going to read everything. Some days I'll just be behind on the game/posts and will try updating the vote count by skimming through to see the bolded votes. If it isn't bolded, I'll miss it.

7.) DO NOT ROLE REVEAL
    . Each of you got a specific role that fits in with the story/theme of this Mafia game. That role, even the character, could hint at your alignment (whether town or mafia). It is bush league to reveal your town-aligned role and ask others to do the same. Play the game the way it was meant to be played.

If I catch anyone breaking this rule, you will be mod-killed and out the game.

8.) DO NOT discuss anything about the game --
    the events, the bans/lynches, the voting, even the story -- outside of this thread. This includes the shoutbox, PMs, Facebook, etc. Some outlets I can manage and oversee. Others I can't I just ask you to have integrity and be honest. The game is so much more fun when it stays INSIDE the forum. Winning and losing isn't more important than the overall experience for everyone involved.

If I catch anyone breaking this rule, you will be mod-killed and out the game.

9.) Do not PM other members UNLESS your role allows it with specific players.

10.)
    I will not manage activity level and how many posts people make. I'm just going to leave it to you guys. However, if some people aren't being active and participating in the game to my preference, then I will warn them. If it continues, I will try finding a replacement OR mod-kill the player.

Please, whatever your role, be active. The most enjoyable part of this game is simply playing it IN THE THREAD. Participate and become part of it. It's way more fun that way.

11.) When you die, don't post any more.
    I don't care how much you reeeeeally want to get that last, long-winded, all-revealing post out there to fuck the mafia and save the town. Don't do it. There will be other mafia games, and if you do it, I won't let you play again in any I host. Just chill out, let it go and watch from the sidelines. Don't talk about the game in other parts of the forum, either. I get that it's competitive. If you're killed, you're killed. It doesn't mean you're bad at the game. Just means you got unlucky.

12.) NO EDITING.
    You edit a post and you're modkilled. And don't try to quick-edit your post either, I'll know.

13.) Roles are chosen randomly.

14.) Have fun. Any questions, don't hesitate PM'ing me or (if it is allowed) asking in the thread.

----

Please state whether you wish to play the game or not. Sign ups are open. I am aware Millar's technically next in the list with his 'MGS' game but he's been inactive in the section for quite a while and I doubt it's happening. If he decides to show up then I'll gladly step back.

1. Natty -- Noah Bennet (aka HRG)
    2. MC 16 -- D.L. Hawkins
    3. Bazingos -- Molly Walker
    4. Fuji Vice -- Peter Petrelli
    5. Not Powerful Sayer -- Isaac Mendez
    6. Wang Chung -- Niki/Jessica Sanders
    7. CocksyD -- Matt Parkman
    8. Positive Jon -- Hiro Nakamura
    9. Creeping Death -- Mohinder Suresh
    10. Sully -- Gabriel Gray/Sylar
    11. Jimmy King -- Claire Bennet
    12. Gipper -- The Haitian
    13. Silk -- Candice Willmer
    14. Broc Lobster -- Ando Masahashi
    15. El Oso Polar -- Nathan Petrelli
    16. Whipping Post -- Micah Sanders
    17. Smooth Jazz Wolf -- Daniel Linderman
    Last edited by RainShaker; 06-20-2017 at 10:50 PM.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Re: HEROES MAFIA - Save the Cheerleader, Save the World

This can't possibly suck more than the show. I'm in!

Spoiler:

JK Shake I'm sure it will be great. Especially when I don't have to worry about you as a player, bb.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

I'm in
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Does this mean I had to watc the first season of Heroes now? Welln to gives me new things to watch
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    This can't possibly suck more than the show. I'm in!

Spoiler:

JK Shake I'm sure it will be great. Especially when I don't have to worry about you as a player, bb.

<3

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Does this mean I had to watc the first season of Heroes now? Welln to gives me new things to watch
    Nah. It won't give too much away. Just people familiar with the show will likely be able to know some potential powers and whatnot. Similar to how X Men worked where people guessed Wolverine would have killproof or Silk was Rogue due to 'absorbing' someone's power and so on. People with knowledge of the show might just be able to guess some things. They might be spectacularly wrong with other things, though. Never know. It's why in themed games that character hinting isn't allowed.

Pretty good show, though, tbh. For the first season anyway.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 05-26-2017 at 03:41 PM.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Yes but don't watch any more than that or you will regret your entire existence.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

hmm in that case I'll watch the Show to get famillar, thank god I got a week off to do it
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Status

Depending on number of signups, I will probably expand to some season 2 characters for them to be included. But I don't think it'll get that large.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Be The Booker

Status
      Country                    Greece

I'm in even though I cannot fullfil my promise of killing you Shake - since you are the mod - there will always be the game after this one. So for this game my sole purpose whether I'm Town or Mafia is to kill Sykotic.

Syk, get your ass signed in here ASAP.

#WC4Horsemen

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

I enjoyed the first season of Heroes so I'm in for this one.

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Kurt Russell Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Sigh. #DayOneSayer

Cult of Fuji

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I'm in.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TEAM CYRUS

MC Mitchy D

Status

Sign me up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No One

Status

Sure

Ambidextrous Birdcatcher

Status
      Country                    United States

Boobs

Spoiler:

Status

I'll think about it

Merry Christmas

Status

Count me in.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

I'm cool. I think

Status

I am up for it.
    " I have this weird self-esteem issue where I hate myself but still think I’m better than everyone else."

Status

I'm in.

#SullyDayOne

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Thread Information