Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: World Class Wrestling

The saw is family!

Status

World Class Wrestling

Greetings!

Since April 2015, I have been posting a fantasy wrestling promotion called World Class Wrestling on another site.

The best way I can describe WCW is that if it were real, it would have all the bells and whistles in terms of appearance and production of a modern major wrestling promotion but is more old school (think the '80s) in angles, promos and matches. It is set in the present day mainly using wrestlers from past eras.

Jim Cornette has said that wrestling is dead and 'sports entertainment' is what we have today.

With World Class Wrestling, I work hard to try and do the wrestling thing and not the 'sports entertainment' thing.

I try to post shows on a real time weekly basis to give it a little more of a realistic feel, though I have fallen a little behind when it comes to this week's show. I try to post all my shows on the actual dates they would be airing if this was a real promotion.

I will be posting the two previous episodes (108 & 109) of Mayhem within the next day or two.

With that said, I hope you'll give World Class Wrestling a try!

P.S. - I will be combining all my past shows onto a blog within the next two weeks.
    Last edited by vadermania; 05-24-2017 at 07:44 PM.

The saw is family!

Status

Re: WORLD CLASS WRESTLING

WORLD CLASS WRESTLING ROSTER (As of 5-21-17)

WCW World Champion: Dynamite Kid
    WCW World Tag Team Champions: Don Muraco & Jimmy Snuka
    Tru TV Champion: 'Million Dollar' Bill Irwin
    AWA World Champion: Dick Slater

TV Show: Mayhem - Tuesdays - 9pm - Tru TV

PPV's

March - Spring Breakout
    June - Scars N Stripes
    Sept. - Autumn Anarchy
    Dec. - Season's Beatings

Tru TV Special Events

Feb. - Winter Warfare
    Oct. - Monster's Brawl

Mayhem Special Event

Anniversary show (Third Tuesday every April)

ROSTER

Faces

Ric Flair
    Dynamite Kid (WC)
    Paul Orndorff
    Los Lobos (Tito Santana & Manny Fernandez)
    The Allies (The Skyscrapers (Sid Vicious & Dan Spivey), Sgt. Slaughter & Nord The Barbarian)
    Tom Zenk
    Rick Martel
    The Southern Connection (Tommy Rich & Marty Jannetty)
    'Long Rider' Scott Irwin
    Brian Blair
    Sam Houston
    Bob Orton

Heels

The Sheik's Army (One Man Gang, Kamala, Abdullah The Butcher, Killer Khan & Warlord)
    Mr. Anderson
    Davey Boy Smith
    Dick Slater (AWA WC)
    'Million Dollar' Bill Irwin (TVC)
    Jimmy Snuka & Don Muraco (WTTC)
    The First Family (The New Spoiler, Bubba Rogers & Steve Olsonoski)
    Larry Zbysko
    Eric Embry

Managers

Jimmy Hart (First Family)
    Sheik Adnan El-Kaissey (Sheik's Army)

Television

Announcers: Tony Schiavone & Mark Madden
    Ring Announcer/In-ring Interviews: Craig Johnson
    Backstage Interviews: Scott Hudson

WCW Officials

Executive Committee: Jim Herd, Wally George, Morton Downey, Jr., etc.
    Championship Committee Director: Tony Garea
    Match-Making Committee Director: Rob Russen

(NOTE: All wrestlers are based on when they were wrestling in their respective primes. Also, I have taken some liberties and added some moves to the move sets of some wrestlers.)
    Last edited by vadermania; 05-31-2017 at 10:41 PM.

The saw is family!

Status

(NOTE: I will be posting the two most current episodes of Mayhem (Eps. 108 & 109) in the next couple of days. Ep. 110 will be posted later in the week.)

CURRENT STORYLINES (As of 5-21-17)

Dynamite Kid (WC) vs. New Spoiler: The Dynamite Kid defeated Ric Flair to win the WCW World Championship at Season's Beatings last December. The mysterious New Spoiler is undefeated since arriving in WCW late last year. In that string of impressive victories, he holds major wins over Ric Flair and Paul Orndorff. New Spoiler is managed by Jimmy Hart and is part of Hart's First Family.

New Spoiler never talks and his true identity is a strongly guarded secret. Hart has explained that the original Spoiler wanted his legacy to continue in the sport and chose the man he wanted to carry it on.

The New Spoiler has been absolutely dominant. He has finished off every one of his opponents with the dreaded, vice-like Iron Claw submission hold.

The Dynamite Kid, always told by promoters that he was too small to ever be considered a serious World Title challenger, proved them all wrong with his stunning victory over ring legend Ric Flair. Kid has been the World Champion for five months now and has dispatched all contenders so far.

But a collision is coming with the dangerous New Spoiler. Will Kid continue to shock his critics? Or will the New Spoiler finally put an end to Kid's magical run as World Champion?

Ric Flair vs. ???: Ric Flair is coming off a feud with Mr. Anderson. During the feud, Flair stated on more than one occasion that he was gonna cripple Mr. Anderson with his figure 4 finisher. Flair tried to do it twice but, thanks to security on one occasion and Paul Orndorff on the other, Flair was unable to complete the job. Flair was suspended by WCW for making his brazen threats and trying to carry through with them. The suspension was indefinite and a fine of $100 grand was also imposed.

However, unforeseen developments have changed everything. A mystery man paid Flair's fine and got his suspension lifted effective immediately.

Who was the mystery man who did this and why did he do it?

That's all explained in Ep. 109 of Mayhem.

Sheik's Army vs. The Allies: Sheik Adnan El-Kaissey's bought and paid for band of mercenaries, which he calls his Army, are threatening to overrun WCW and one day put the promotion under the control of the wealthy Sheik. Sheik has been in WCW since day one. The first man he brought in was Kamala. Since then, he has added four other brutes to his Army. Those men are: Abdullah The Butcher, One Man Gang, Killer Khan and Warlord.

Killer Khan's case is interesting because of his right boot. Like the Grappler, Khan taps the toe of the boot into the mat and it's believed to release an illegal weapon inside it. Khan's kicks with the boot have been brutal; far worse than the typical kick in pro wrestling. Is there anything in the boot? WCW officials demanded the boot be turned over for examination. Find out the results of the examination in Ep. 109 of Mayhem.

From the day he entered the promotion, the Sheik has declared a 'revolution' will occur in WCW.

It's now a full-blown, all-out war for the very future of the company as four men have formed a resistance to combat his evil plans.

The Skyscrapers (Dan Spivey & Sid Vicious), declared on the day they joined WCW last October that their goal was to fight and ultimately rid WCW of the menace known as the Sheik's Army.

Since that declaration of war, the Skyscrapers have enlisted Nord The Barbarian and Sgt. Slaughter in the battle for WCW's future.

The war is raging hot and heavy and won't be decided until there is a clear, decisive victor. WCW hangs in the balance. Will good triumph over evil? Or are there dark days ahead for WCW?

Dick Slater (AWA WC) vs. Paul Orndorff: At Season's Beatings last December, Paul Orndorff scored a hard-fought victory over Bubba Rogers in their Prison Yard match. Orndorff appeared to be heading into the Christmas holiday riding high. But Dick Slater changed all that on the Dec. 20 episode of Mayhem.

Slater, dressed as Santa Clause, came to the ring and attacked Orndorff and laid Orndorff out. This led to a game of violent one-upsmanship as, over the period of a month, the two men brutally sneak attacked each other. That set up their match at Spring Breakout in March of this year. Orndorff won the match but this feud is far from over.

Slater went on a tour of Australia and came back with the Aussie version of the World Title known as the AWA World Championship.

Slater has vowed not to give Orndorff a title shot because Orndorff recently lost two matches in a row on Mayhem (to 'Million Dollar' Bill (TVC) and the New Spoiler). Orndorff has claimed he's owed a title shot based on his victory over Slater at Spring Breakout.

A decision by the match-making committee has been reached on this matter. You can read about it in Ep. 109 of Mayhem.

'Million Dollar' Bill Irwin (TVC) vs. Scott Irwin: Bill Irwin entered WCW and wrestled as a single for months before bringing brother Scott in and reforming the tag team the Long Riders. The team was together for months and the blood bond between the two seemed as thick as ever.

Last September at the Autumn Anarchy PPV, Bill and Scott were in the Million Dollar Winner-Take-All Battle Royal. As luck would have it, the brothers were the last two men left in the ring. They agreed to split the money 50/50 when Bill stunned Scott by turning on him and eliminating Scott and claiming the prize all for himself.

Since then, Bill has expanded on his wealth and has taken on the arrogant attitude of the elite in our society. He now despises his non-elite brother.

The two have wrestled twice since the split.The first match ended in a double countout at Monster's Brawl last October. Scott gained a measure of revenge with a victory over Bill at Season's Beatings last December.

Bill is determined to beat Scott in a match and wash his hands of Scott once and for all.

Scott proposed a match to Bill where Bill would put his million dollar Battle Royal winnings on the line. Bill agreed but then flipped out when Scott said if he wins he's giving all the money to charity.

You can read about it in Ep. 108 of Mayhem.

Davey Boy Smith & Mr. Anderson: Smith and Anderson have re-united and say they have a major announcement regarding what they're gonna do at the June PPV Scars N Stripes.

What is it? We'll all have to wait and see what they have planned.

Don Muraco & Jimmy Snuka (WTTC) vs. Los Lobos: Last week on Mayhem (Ep. 109), Don Muraco made a thinly veiled threat against the newly formed team of Los Lobos (Manny Fernandez & Tito Santana). Don didn't like the fact that Los Lobos came to the ring during Muraco's non-title tilt with Dynamite Kid and carried Jimmy Snuka off from ringside to the back because Snuka kept meddling in the match.

Muraco and Snuka are not happy and are looking for violent payback against Los Lobos.

STAY TUNED...

Underdog

Status

I sometimes struggle to get into some of these threads with no realism whatsoever, but I’ll give this one a go anyway.

Dynamite Kid as World Champion automatically gets me interested. Dynamite Kid was AMAZING. The feud with New Spoiler was fine, and the build of the mysterious, monster heel really reminds me of old school booking. Nothing overly fancy but promising.

Looking forward to seeing who the mystery man is to help out Flair. With that being said, I’m not sure how wise it is to have two mystery type angles (lumping New Spoiler in the mystery category) at the same time.

Sheik’s Army vs The Allies is another feud that reminds me of a good old fashioned old school America vs. Foreign countries storyline. Looking forward to the boot inspection as well, awesome stuff.

Surely Orndorff gets a title shot... Seems solid enough.

‘Million Dollar’ Bill Irwin seems like a pretty cool idea. Character progression letting the greed build up would have been fantastic. Makes it even more full on that it is his brother. Good stuff.

Davey Boy Smith has never been great on the mic so teaming him with somebody like Anderson makes sense. I’m a fan of both of these guys so interesting to see the chemistry you build with them.

Muraco/Snuka and Los Lobos seems pretty solid as well.

A majority of the angles you currently have running seem to have potential, I’ll be reading. Good luck.

The saw is family!

Status

WCW MAYHEM - EP. 108 - SPRINGFIELD, MA - MASSMUTUAL CENTER - 5-9-17 (Taped)

(Show Intro)

(Crowd Shots/Pyro)

(Announcers Tony Schiavone and Mark Madden welcomed viewers and ran down the program: Paul Orndorff vs. The New Spoiler; Killer Khan has to turn over his right boot for examination by WCW officials to see if it's loaded with an illegal weapon; Mr. Anderson & Davey Boy Smith vs. Sam Houston & Brian Blair; TV Champ 'Million Dollar' Bill makes an appearance; and more.)

(Announcers then intro'd a video from WCW Executive Jim Herd updating the Ric Flair suspension situation.

VIDEO:

Shot opened with Jim Herd of the WCW Executive Committee sitting behind his desk in his office.

JH: "Hello. This is Jim Herd.

"As I told you last week, a man showed up at our Seattle offices and wanted to pay Ric Flair's $100,000 dollar fine and have Flair's suspension lifted. Now, this man has sworn us to secrecy as to his identity and we will abide by that request because he is a highly accomplished and respected figure in the sport.

"We accepted the man's offer to pay the fine and we told him that we would discuss whether or not to lift the suspension. We on the executive committee had a long meeting last Friday to discuss the matter. After much back and forth, we have decided to lift the suspension on Ric Flair.

"Ric will be allowed to resume appearing and wrestling on WCW events on next Tuesday's episode of 'Mayhem'.

"The man was informed of this decision and said he will reveal himself next week as well. His reasons for wanting Flair back in WCW will also be revealed.

"Thank you for your time."

Video faded to black.)

(Announcers discussed the lifting of the suspension and wondered who the mystery man was and said we'll find out in one week. Then sent it to the ring.)

(In-ring: Craig Johnson.

The Allies were in the ring with Johnson. All were in street clothes and Sarge was also wearing a black baseball cap with 'USA' in red, white and blue letters on the front and sunglasses.

Also in the ring were two WCW execs in suits.

CJ: "Welcome to 'Mayhem'. I'm Craig Johnson.

"As you can see the Allies have decided to join us.

"Also with us are Wally George and Morton Downey, Jr. of the WCW Executive Committee.

"Would Sheik Adnan El-Kaissey and Killer Khan please come to the ring?"

'Cry of the Vatos' played and out came the Sheik with his entire Army to loud boos. Warlord, One Man Gang, Kamala and Abdullah were in their ring attire. Khan was in a black suit with white dress shirt, black tie, black dress shoes and carrying a brown paper bag. Kimchee was in his safari gear, pith helmet, white mask with brown trim and carrying a riding crop. The group made their way to the ring and climbed in.

CJ: "Morton, I think we know why we're here."

MD: "As has been made clear the last couple of weeks, WCW officials intend to examine the right boot of Killer Khan to see if there is some sort of illegal weapon in it that he uses to kick his opponents with. It's good to see Mr. Khan has shown up this week; because if he didn't then he would have been barred from appearing at all WCW events until he turned over the boot."

CJ: "Sheik Adnan."

AK: "Infidel Downey, Khan has the boot in the bag. He is prepared to surrender it right now."

Downey gestured for the boot to be handed over. Kaissey told Khan to hand it over. Khan briefly hesitated.

MD: "We don't have all day. Come on."

Khan handed the bag to Downey. Downey pulled the boot out and looked at it.

MD: "This certainly looks like the boot Khan wears when he wrestles."

AK: "It is the boot! Examine it all you like! You will find nothing illegal about it!"

SV: "There is no way in hell there's nothing illegal in that boot! He's got a weapon in there! Those kicks he delivers are superhuman?!"

AK: "It's his natural kicking power that does all the damage! And it will be proven once the WCW officials have looked the boot over!"

SV: "When can we expect the results of this examination?!"

MD: "We are looking to have the results in the next few days and make them public on next week's 'Mayhem'."

SV: "And what happens WHEN Khan's boot is shown to have a weapon in it?!"

MD: "We will decide Killer Khan's punishment if it is proven there is a weapon in there."

AK: "Looks like Khan won't be punished then!"

SV: "Shut up!"

MD: "We're gonna go ahead and take the boot and tomorrow we'll send it to the lab for examination."

Downey and George left the ring for the floor and headed back up the aisle with the boot.

CJ: "Alright. We'll find out next week if Killer Khan's boot is indeed loaded."

AK: "I have something else to say to our enemies!"

Nord: "What is it?!"

AK: "We wrestled you guys in a handicap match last year at 'Season's Beatings'! Since the numbers are in our favor again, we want to battle you in another handicap match at 'Scars N Stripes'!"

The Allies briefly talked amongst themselves off-mic.

SS: "Sheik! I speak for the Allies when I say we accept your challenge! We want the match! We're not worried about being outnumbered! We know we have the fire-power to stand toe-to-toe with the Army in any ring in the world!"

AK: "Oh no! I forgot to mention something!"

SS: "You forgot..."

AK: "We want the match to be an elimination match! And the team that wins gets to pick the stipulations for a match at a later date!"

Allies convened once again off-mic.

SS: "We agree to the elimination match at 'Scars N Stripes' and the winning team getting to pick the stipulations for a future match!"

AK: "Very well! Because by agreeing to this...you have just signed the Allies' death warrant in WCW!"

SS: "What?!"

The Army left the ring and headed to the floor and back up the aisle as the Allies once again were talking off-mic to each other in an animated fashion.

CJ: "I guess we'll see what that's all about in the weeks and months ahead. We'll see if the match-making committee agrees with Sheik Adnan El-Kaissey's demands."

SV: "The match-making committee just needs to make the match for 'Scars N Stripes'! The Allies are prepared for war! We aren't scared of the Sheik's veiled threats!"

CJ: "Tony and Mark.")

(Announcers discussed Khan handing over the boot for examination and Kaissey challenging the Allies to another handicap match at 'Scars N Stripes' next month and the stip and wondered what Kaissey meant with his final remark. Hyped still to come: Paul Orndorff vs. New Spoiler. Said it's Anderson & Smith vs. Blair & Houston coming up next!)

(Commercials)

(VIDEO:

IT'S WORLD CLASS WRESTLING ON TOUR!

Tuesday - May 16 - Reading, PA - Santander Arena - WCW Mayhem

Friday - May 19 - Poughkeepsie, NY - Mid-Hudson Civic Center

Saturday - May 20 - Binghamton, NY - Veterans Memorial Arena

Tuesday - May 30 - Portland, ME - Cross Insurance Arena - WCW Mayhem

Sunday - June 11 - St. Louis, MO - Dome At America's Center - Scars N Stripes PPV

Tuesday - June 13 - St. Charles, MO - Family Arena - WCW Mayhem

For more info, visit the WCW website!)

Match 1
    Mr. Anderson & Davey Boy Smith vs. Brian Blair & Sam Houston

('I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide' filled the arena and out came Mr. Anderson and Davey Boy Smith to boos. Anderson was wearing black tights with 'Anderson' written across the back in white lettering with red trim and black boots. Smith was in a satin ring jacket with a white front, the Union Jack on the back and one red sleeve and one blue sleeve, tights that had the Union Jack design on front and back and blue ring boots with red trim. The pair made their way to the ring and climbed in and briefly played to the crowd.

Anderson walked to the middle of the ring and gestured for a mic. An old school ring mic was lowered from the ceiling.

MA: "Ladies and gentlemen. Boys and girls. From Green Bay, Wisconsin! Weighing in at 240 pounds! Mr. Anderrrrrrrrrson! An-der-son!

"And...from Liverpool, England! Weighing in at 260 pounds...Davey Boy Smith!"

Crowd booed as Smith stepped forward and pumped his fist in the air.

'Close To The Edit' played and out came Houston and Blair to a decent ovation. Houston was wearing a burnt orange Texas Longhorns' satin jacket, burnt orange tights with a white stripe on each side and burnt orange boots with the Texas Longhorn logo on the outside of each boot. Blair was in a black satin warm-up jacket with 'BB' in yellow lettering on the left breast, plain black tights and black boots with yellow trim. He also had a towel around his neck. The pair slapped hands with fans on the way to the ring. Once in the ring, Houston saluted the crowd with the Longhorn hand gesture and Blair acknowledged the crowd.

Smith and Anderson dominated early before Houston and Blair fought their way back into the match and Houston and Blair came close to pulling the upset.

At the end of the match, Anderson and Blair were the legal men in the ring. Anderson had briefly worked Blair over with punches and went to whip Blair into the ropes but Blair reversed and caught Anderson coming off with a dropkick. Anderson went down and got up and Blair nailed Anderson with a leg lariat. Anderson crashed to the mat. Blair for the cover. 1...2... Anderson kicked out. Blair snapped Anderson up and went to whip Anderson into the ropes but Anderson reversed and caught Blair coming off in the fireman's carry position and nailed Blair with a fireman's carry slam. Anderson then snapped Blair up and nailed Blair with an inverted headlock backbreaker. Blair down and hurting. Smith yelled for Anderson to tag him in and Anderson did so. Blair slowly got to his feet as Smith stood back. Blair up and turned around and Smith charged in and pulverized Blair with a running clothesline. Smith picked Blair up, backed into the corner and charged out and blasted Blair with his running powerslam finisher. Smith covered Blair and hooked the leg. 1...2... Houston hit the ring to break up the pin but Anderson charged in and tackled Houston to the mat. ...3! Ref called for the bell as the fans booed.

Smith up and the ref raised Smith's and Anderson's hands in victory.

WINNER: Smith & Anderson - Pinfall - Smith pinned Blair with a running clothesline - 6:28)

(Ringside interview: Craig Johnson.

Smith and Anderson left the ring and joined Johnson on the floor.

CJ: "Mr. Anderson and Davey Boy Smith have re-united."

MA: "And it feels so good! Haha!"

CJ: "Are you guys going to be teaming regularly?"

MA: "We are! But that's not the big news we have!"

CJ: "What big news?"

MA: "Tell him, Davey!"

DBS: "Sometime, within the next couple of weeks, me and Anderson are gonna have a major announcement about what we're gonna do at 'Scars N Stripes'."

CJ: "Can you give us a hint as to what it is?"

MA: "Listen, nerd boy, the man just told you that you would know about it in the next couple of weeks! Are you stupid or something?!"

CJ: "I try not to be.

"Mr. Anderson, judging by the match, I see the leg is fine."

MA: "It is, Craig! Ric Flair tried to cripple me a few weeks ago and he failed! He just couldn't break my leg no matter how hard he tried!"

CJ: "You were actually saved from being in a cast because Paul Orndorff pulled Flair off of you before he could finish the job."

MA: "So, you wanted to see Flair break my leg, huh?!"

CJ: "No! Not at all! I'm just pointing out what happened!"

MA: "Flair failed to break my leg and that's all there is to it!"

CJ: "What do you think of WCW lifting the suspension on Flair next week?"

MA: "Shouldn't be happening! He should still have to pay for his felonious assault on me! It just shows that some people in WCW wanted to see me wind up on crutches and my career possibly being ended! The suits seem as dirty as Ric Flair! But enough of that! I can't change it now! I'm here and I'm well!"

DBS: "The people just need to keep tuning in to 'Mayhem' to see what our big announcement is! It's gonna be YUGE!!! Heh heh!"

Smith and Anderson walked off.

CJ: "Mr. Anderson and Davey Boy Smith are back together as a tag team. Just gonna have to wait to hear their big plans for the 'Scars N Stripes' pay-per-view next month.")

(Announcers discussed the big announcement to come from Anderson and Smith within the next couple of weeks on the program. Then sent it backstage.)

(Backstage: Scott Hudson.

SH: "This is Scott Hudson coming to you from the locker room.

"My guest at this time is the manager of the First Family, Jimmy Hart."

Hart walked into the interview area and was in a suit and sunglasses and had his trademark megaphone.

SH: "Jimmy, tonight the New Spoiler goes for another huge win when he faces Paul Orndorff in our main event."

JH: "That's right, baby! The New Spoiler has already taken out Ric Flair! He's undefeated in WCW! This match is off the charts important!"

SH: "A win by the New Spoiler over Orndorff will certainly place him right in the World Championship picture. But a loss would be a major blow to his title aspirations."

JH: "A loss would be devastating for us! All the work that the New Spoiler has done up to now would be for nothing! He would then have to work his way back into title contention! We aim for that not to happen!

"But if he wins...the sky is the limit for him! There will be no stopping the New Spoiler! If he defeats Orndorff then he can't be ignored by those on the championship committee!

"A lot's at stake here! The win streak is on the line! And a World Title shot against the Dynamite Kid can and will be on the line!

"Orndorff's good! We make no bones about it! He ranks up there as one of the best in the game! That's why we challenged him last week! Now, the time for talking is over! The New Spoiler rises or falls later tonight!"

Camera panned in on Hudson.

SH: "A lot is on the line in our main event later tonight as the New Spoiler battles Paul Orndorff.")

(Announcers discussed the main event. Said TV Champ 'Million Dollar' Bill makes an appearance next!)

(Commercials)

CJ: "We are back on 'Mayhem'.

"Would you please welcome my guest at this time. He is the reigning Tru TV Champion...'Million Dollar' Bill!"

'Money' played and out came 'Million Dollar' Bill to strong boos. He was in an expensive gray pinstripe suit, white dress shirt, burgundy tie, burgundy handkerchief in the outside breast pocket, gray dress shoes and smoked lens glasses. He had the TV Title slung over his shoulder and was carrying his briefcase. He made his way to the ring and climbed in.

CJ: "'Million Dollar' Bill, I must say you are looking very dapper tonight."

MDB: "This is the way a rich person dresses. It's a very expensive tailor-made suit. The shoes probably cost more than the entire front row's wardrobe. Shout out to my tailor Enrico. You're a the best, man. He gave a million dollar look to a million dollar man."

CJ: "Let's talk a little about your reign as the Tru TV Champion."

MDB: "Let's do that."

CJ: "You've retained the title against both Paul Orndorff and Ric Flair..."

MDB: "I beat both of them! Haha! I beat Ric Flair and Paul Orndorff to hold onto the TV Title!"

CJ: "Well, that's subjective."

MDB: "What do you mean, subjective?! Am I still the Tru TV Champion?!"

CJ: "You are."

MDB: "Well...that's all the people need to know! Ric Flair couldn't take the belt off of me and neither could Orndorff! That's the bottom line!"

CJ: "Everyone has their opinions."

MDB: "I'm still the TV Champion, right?! That's a fact and not an opinion."

CJ: "You are. Right. If it wasn't for outside help you would most likely be the former..."

MDB: "I'm tired of this, Johnson! I'm the TV Champion because this belt says so! That's it! Got it?!"

CJ: " I hear you. I'm just trying to..."

MDB: "What the hell is this?!"

Decent crowd pop as Scott Irwin, in street clothes, made his way to the ring and climbed in.

MDB: "Scott, I had enjoyed not having to look at you in recent months. What the hell are you doing out here?"

SI: "Bill, I'll make it short and sweet."

MDB: "Good. No one wants to hear a schmo like you rattle on forever."

SI: "You've said you wanted a re-match with me since I beat you the last time we met. Let's have that match."

MDB: "I'm all for it! And once I beat you, I never want to deal with you again! Got it?! Oh! And I will not be defending the TV Title against you! You haven't earned that privilege!"

SI: "I don't want a shot at the belt, Bill, but I do want something."

MDB: "I knew it. Scott's always looking for a handout."

SI: "I want to face you in a match where you put the million dollars you won in that Battle Royal last year at 'Autumn Anarchy' on the line."

MDB: "Are you still sore over that?! Get over it, jack! That Battle Royal was every man for himself and I won!"

SI: "You also stabbed me in the back that day. We had agreed to split the money since we were the last two standing in the match. You turned on me because of greed to take it all."

MDB: "As people like me say: Greed is good."

SI: "Well, then I guess I'm being greedy. Man up and put the money on the line, Bill. Winner take all."

MDB: "You know what, Scotty, I'm gonna give you your match. I'll put the Battle Royal winnings on the line. But...if I beat you, I never have to wrestle you ever again. I'm done with you forever. Agreed?"

SI: "Yep. I just want a chance to win what was taken from me and your share as well."

CJ: "Scott and Bill, if I can just interrupt you for a moment. I've just gotten word in my earpiece that the match-making committee has agreed to the match with the stipulations."

MDB: "Finally, I have the chance to wash my hands of you for good!"

SI: "And I have the chance to win a million dollars and donate that money to charity!"

Crowd cheered.

MDB: "What?! You're gonna take that money and throw it away on undeserving scum?!"

SI: "They're people, Bill! And they deserve that money more than you or me! Don't forget to bring the money when the match goes down!"

Scott left the ring and headed back up the aisle to cheers as Bill stomped around in the ring.

MDB: "Craig Johnson! I'll be damned if my brother is taking my hard-earned money and giving it to a bunch of moochers looking for a handout! The stakes in this match just got higher...much higher!"

Bill stormed out of the ring and headed back up the aisle to boos.

CJ: "Tony and Mark. Back to you.")

(Announcers discussed Scott Irwin coming out and challenging Bill to a match with the Battle Royal winnings on the line from last year's 'Autumn Anarchy' PPV. Hyped the main event. Then sent it backstage.)

(Backstage: Scott Hudson.

SH: "This is Scott Hudson coming to you from the WCW Interview Center.

"My guest at this time is Paul Orndorff."

Orndorff walked into the interview area in his ring attire.

SH: "Paul, a huge match tonight as you battle the New Spoiler in our main event. A lot is riding on this one match for both of you. What are thinking as you prepare to walk that aisle in just a few minutes?"

PO: "It's all about winning, Scott. That's the bottom line in this sport. In this match the people are about to see, two things on the line.

"First, I have a chance to be the man who can end the New Spoiler's unbeaten streak in WCW. The man has been on fire since he arrived here and he's taken out everyone he's faced up to now. Beating a wrestler who's on a roll like he is is one of those rare moments in sports. If I end the streak tonight, it goes down as one of the biggest victories of my entire career. There's only one first win in your career; and there's only one first loss. I want to be the man who is the '1' in the loss column for the New Spoiler.

"Second, the New Spoiler can place himself smack dab in the middle of the World Championship picture if he takes me down tonight. He has shown himself to be a tough, cagey opponent in the ring. There have been guys who have hit the New Spoiler with their finishers only to have the New Spoiler escape them and avoid defeat. Guys who can do that on a consistent basis are a rarity in wrestling. No matter how good you are, Scott, most of the time when a guy is able to apply his finishing hold to you, then it's lights out. We're all tough guys in this business. But there's a reason wrestlers use certain moves as their finishers. Those particular moves work for them. Whereas another wrestler may use the same move but to lesser effect, particular wrestlers will use those moves with devastating consequences. The New Spoiler is a unique and mysterious competitor. Who is he? Where is he from? Is it an established superstar under that mask? Is it a guy who has toiled in obscurity in this business for years? Is it some newcomer to the sport? Nobody knows.

"But it really doesn't matter tonight. As I said at the beginning of this interview, it's all about winning. Focus on the task at hand. When that bell rings everything else is just background noise."

SH: "That was Paul Orndorff. He battles the New Spoiler in our main event and it's next!")

(Commercials)

(Announcers intro'd a video for the 'Scars N Stripes' PPV in June.

WCW Presents: 'Scars N Stripes' - Sunday - June 11 - St. Louis, MO - Dome At America's Center - 8pm E/5pm P - Tickets on sale NOW!

For more info on tickets and travel packages: visit the WCW website!)

(Announcers hyped for next week on 'Mayhem': They just got word that Ric Flair will be appearing on the show and the mystery man who got his suspension lifted will reveal himself; the results of the examination of Killer Khan's right boot by WCW officials; Dick Slater makes an appearance; the first 'Scars N Stripes' PPV Update; and more! Then sent it to the ring.)

Match 2
    'Mr. Wonderful' Paul Orndorff vs. The New Spoiler w/ Mgr. Jimmy Hart & Security 'Big' Bubba Rogers

(Instrumental song 'The Champ' played and out on the entrance stage walked the New Spoiler, manager Jimmy Hart and security Bubba Rogers to pretty strong boos. Spoiler was wearing the silver mask with black trim, a black singlet with the bottom half of the tights covered by red leg-length tights with a black stripe going down the outside of each leg, a fingerless black glove on his right hand and black boots with the silver Spoiler mask on the outside of each boot. Hart was in a red suit with black shirt and thin red tie, black and red shoes, sunglasses and carrying his trademark megaphone. Rogers was in a gray suit, white dress shirt unbuttoned at the top two buttons, black shoes, sunglasses and fedora. The trio made their way to the ring and climbed in.

'There's No Easy Way Out' by Robert Tepper filled the arena and out came Orndorff to a strong ovation. Orndorff was in his red robe with black sleeves, red tights with 'Mr. #1derful' written on the back and red boots with white trim. Orndorff climbed into the ring and briefly acknowledged the crowd.

Hart had final words with New Spoiler and he and Rogers headed to the floor.

Ref called for the bell.

The two men came out of their corners and circled one another and engaged in a collar-and-elbow tie-up and Orndorff drove New Spoiler into the corner and the ref ordered a break. The two men broke and Rogers started yelling at Orndorff and Orndorff stepped out onto the apron and started yelling down at Rogers. The two were exchanging heated words when the ref stepped in and ordered Orndorff back into the ring and sent New Spoiler and Orndorff to neutral corners. Ref then pointed at Rogers and gestured that Rogers was booted from the ringside area as the crowd cheered. Rogers was furious and started yelling at the ref. Rogers tossed his hat and sunglasses and removed his coat and tossed it on the floor and climbed up on the apron. Ref had more words with Rogers but Rogers wasn't backing down. Ref again gestured for Rogers to vacate the ringside area. Rogers still not budging. Ref went over and called ring announcer Craig Johnson up to the apron and had a few words for him as Rogers was yelling across the ring at Orndorff as Orndorff remained in his corner.

CJ: "I have been informed by the referee that if Bubba Rogers does not leave the ringside area immediately, he will award the match to Paul Orndorff!"

Crowd cheered.

Hart, on the floor, started yelling at Bubba to get off the apron and leave the area. After a few tense seconds, Rogers dropped back to the floor. Hart was talking with and frantically gesturing for Rogers to leave the area. Rogers was seething. Rogers angrily slammed his hands on the ring apron and yelled at Orndorff. Rogers then picked up his coat, sunglasses and hat and left the ringside area and headed back up the aisle as the fans serenaded him with: 'Nah! Nah! Nah! Nah! Hey! Hey! Goodbye!' Rogers ignored the crowd and angrily disappeared to the back.

Ref called for the match to continue.

Crowd booed as Hart climbed up on the apron and started talking to New Spoiler. Ref went over and ordered Hart back to the floor. After a few more words with New Spoiler, Hart dropped back to the floor.

Orndorff and New Spoiler again circled one another and engaged in another collar-and-elbow tie-up. New Spoiler gained the advantage and caught Orndorff in a side headlock. New Spoiler cinched up on the hold. Orndorff tried to escape but New Spoiler wouldn't budge. Orndorff was finally able to shove New Spoiler off and into the ropes. New Spoiler came off the ropes and Orndorff stunned New Spoiler with a powerslam. Orndorff for the cover and hooked the leg. 1...2... New Spoiler kicked out. Orndorff up and New Spoiler getting up and Orndorff caught New Spoiler in a front facelock. New Spoiler countered by driving Orndorff back-first into the corner. New Spoiler laid into Orndorff with a series of head shots. New Spoiler whipped Orndorff into the opposite buckles and started to follow Orndorff in when Orndorff charged out of the corner and dropped New Spoiler with a running clothesline. New Spoiler up and Orndorff charged at New Spoiler and went to hit New Spoiler with another running clothesline but New Spoiler ducked the move and Orndorff spun around and New Spoiler popped Orndorff with a series of head shots followed by a discus punch to the head. Orndorff crashed to the mat and rolled over on his side holding his head. New Spoiler dropped to his knees, rolled Orndorff over on his back and locked the stomach claw on Orndorff. New Spoiler released the hold and then re-applied it. Orndorff hurting. New Spoiler released the hold and re-applied it a third time. New Spoiler held the painful hold on for several seconds and then let go and covered Orndorff and hooked the leg. 1...2... Orndorff kicked out. Orndorff rolled over on his stomach and New Spoiler dropped a trio of elbow smashes into Orndorff's back and then shocked everyone by placing Orndorff in the bow-and-arrow submission. Orndorff in great pain and trying to not submit. New Spoiler cinched up on the hold and stretched Orndorff a little more but Orndorff still wouldn't give up. New Spoiler then released the hold. Orndorff laying in a heap in the ring. New Spoiler reached down and pulled Orndorff up and went to whip Orndorff into the ropes but Orndorff reversed and caught New Spoiler coming off with a flying shoulder tackle. New Spoiler crashed to the mat. Both men slowly made it to their feet and Orndorff charged in and blasted New Spoiler with a second flying shoulder tackle as the crowd popped. Both men down. Ref counting. Orndorff crawled over and covered New Spoiler. 1...2... New Spoiler kicked out. Orndorff crawled away. Both men slowly made it to their feet and charged at one another and dropped each other with mutual clotheslines. Both men down again. Ref counting. Both men stirred and slowly made it to their feet. Orndorff was bent over and New Spoiler moved in and caught Orndorff with a knee lift to the chest. Orndorff fell back against the ropes. New Spoiler whipped Orndorff into the ropes and caught Orndorff coming off with a dropkick. Orndorff crashed to the mat. Orndorff started getting up and New Spoiler went for another dropkick but Orndorff fell out of the way and New Spoiler crashed to the mat.

Orndorff up as New Spoiler started getting up. Orndorff moved in and grabbed New Spoiler's legs and pulled them out from under New Spoiler and New Spoiler crashed to the mat. Orndorff then spun New Spoiler around several times with the leg swing and then let New Spoiler go and New Spoiler crashed to the mat. Orndorff snapped New Spoiler up and bodyslammed him. Orndorff mounted the middle buckle and came off with a knee drop to the chest that connected. Orndorff for the cover. 1...2... New Spoiler kicked out. Orndorff reached down and started to pull New Spoiler up and New Spoiler nailed Orndorff with a trio of gut punches. New Spoiler kept up the offensive and nailed Orndorff with a series of head shots. Orndorff spun around facing away from New Spoiler and New Spoiler caught Orndorff in the sleeper hold. New Spoiler had the hold firmly locked in and Orndorff appeared to be on the verge of weakening but then he was suddenly able to slip out of New Spoiler's grasp and hit New Spoiler with a belly-to-back suplex. Orndorff up and snapped up the New Spoiler, whipped New Spoiler into the ropes and caught New Spoiler coming off with a tilt-a-whirl slam. Crowd popped. New Spoiler down and hurting. Orndorff gestured to the crowd it was time for the piledriver. Hart worried at ringside. Orndorff started hoisting New Spoiler up but New Spoiler twice blocked the move and reached down and pulled Orndorff's legs out from under him. Orndorff crashed to the mat and New Spoiler dropped down on top of Orndorff. New Spoiler raised his gloved right hand and went to apply his Iron Claw finisher but Orndorff blocked the attempt and a struggle ensued but New Spoiler was able to power through Orndorff's defense and lock on the Iron Claw. Orndorff fought to remove the devastating hold from his head. Orndorff then slowly placed his foot on the bottom rope to force a break in the hold. New Spoiler up and backed up as Orndorff got to a knee and briefly shook his head to shake out the effects of the brief claw hold before making it to his feet. New Spoiler moved in and caught Orndorff with a kick to the gut followed by a suplex. Orndorff down and hurting. New Spoiler snapped Orndorff up by the arm and New Spoiler climbed to the top rope and did the arm twist rope walk. Orndorff suddenly yanked his arm free from New Spoiler's grasp and New Spoiler lost his balance and crashed to the mat. Crowd popped. Hart in a panic at ringside. Orndorff snapped up New Spoiler and whipped New Spoiler into the corner and charged in and nailed New Spoiler with a running clothesline. New Spoiler staggered out of the corner and crashed to the mat. Orndorff snapped New Spoiler up, hoisted New Spoiler up on his shoulder and nailed New Spoiler with a backbreaker drop. Orndorff for the cover and hooked the leg. 1...2...thr... New Spoiler got a shoulder up. Crowd groaned. Orndorff snapped New Spoiler up and nailed New Spoiler with a rib breaker. Orndorff ran and hit the ropes and came off with a flying knee to the chest but New Spoiler rolled out of the way and Orndorff crashed knee-first to the mat. Both men down. Orndorff holding his knee.

New Spoiler up as Orndorff got to his knees and New Spoiler nailed Orndorff with a stiff kick to the chest. Orndorff toppled over. New Spoiler stomped Orndorff in the head, snapped Orndorff up and slammed Orndorff's head into the top buckle. Orndorff spun around in the corner. New Spoiler laid into Orndorff with a series of knees to the gut. Orndorff staggered out of the corner holding his gut. New Spoiler came up behind Orndorff and blasted Orndorff with a forearm smash to the back. New Spoiler then whipped Orndorff into the ropes and looked to catch Orndorff coming off with a clothesline but Orndorff ducked the move and came back and blasted New Spoiler with a flying shoulder tackle. New Spoiler crashed to the mat and the crowd popped. Orndorff slowly to his feet as New Spoiler got up facing away from Orndorff. Orndorff came up behind New Spoiler and wrapped his arm around New Spoiler's neck for his inverted DDT (Scorpion Death Drop) finisher. New Spoiler twisted free from Orndorff's grasp caught Orndorff with a gut shot and nailed Orndorff with an inverted atomic drop. Orndorff crashed to the mat holding his jewels. New Spoiler reached down and pulled Orndorff up by the arm, grabbed Orndorff's wrist and blasted Orndorff with a short-arm clothesline. Orndorff down again. New Spoiler circled around behind Orndorff and raised his gloved right hand in the air as Orndorff slowly and unsteadily made it to his feet facing away from New Spoiler. Orndorff turned and New Spoiler caught Orndorff in his Iron Claw finisher. Orndorff struggling to free himself from the hold. Orndorff continued to put up a fight in the hold but started to fade and dropped to his knees still firmly locked in the hold. Orndorff tried to pry New Spoiler's hand off his head but couldn't and then Orndorff furiously started slapping the outside of New Spoiler's left leg. Ref called for the bell.

New Spoiler kept the hold locked on as Hart climbed into the ring. Orndorff was getting weaker in the hold and Hart told New Spoiler to let him go and New Spoiler did and Orndorff crumpled harmlessly to the mat. Hart started jumping up and down in celebration as the ref raised New Spoiler's hand in victory to strong boos from the crowd as the program faded to black.

WINNER: New Spoiler - Submission - Iron Claw - 14:07)

END PROGRAM

The saw is family!

Status

WCW WRESTLER FINISHING MOVES

(* I have taken liberties with some wrestlers' finishers and overall move sets.)

Ric Flair - Primary: Figure 4 - Secondary: Flying Forearm Shiver

Dynamite Kid - Primary: Spear - Secondary: Diving Headbutt from the top rope

Paul Orndorff - Primary: Inverted DDT - Secondary: Piledriver

Los Lobos - Together: Hart Attack Clothesline - Tito Santana: Double Flying Forearm Smash - Manny Fernandez: The Axe (Forearm smash to the head)

The Skyscrapers - Sid Vicious: Powerbomb - Dan Spivey: Olympic Slam

Sgt. Slaughter - Primary: Slaughter Cannon - Secondary: Cobra Clutch

Nord The Barbarian - Flying Leg Drop

Tom Zenk - Zenkinator (Sleeper Slam)

Rick Martel - Swan Dive (Slingshot Splash over the top rope back into the ring)

The Southern Connection - Tommy Rich: Exploder Suplex - Marty Jannetty: Superkick

Scott Irwin - Impaler DDT

Brian Blair - Double Underhook DDT

Sam Houston - Diving Leg Drop from the top rope

Bob Orton - Jumping Cutter

One Man Gang - Bearhug Avalanche

Kamala - Diving Splash

Abdullah - Jumping Double Foot Stomp to the gut

Killer Khan - (Loaded?) Right Boot kick to the gut

Warlord - Full Nelson Slam

Mr. Anderson - Mic Check (Reverse STO)

Davey Boy Smith - Running Powerslam

Dick Slater - Front Russian Legsweep

'Million Dollar' Bill Irwin - The Elitist (Cobra Clutch Slam)

Jimmy Snuka - Superfly Death Leap

Don Muraco - White Trash Compactor (Inverted Piledriver)

The New Spoiler - Iron Claw

Bubba Rogers - Spinning Side Slam

Steve O - Codebreaker

Larry Zbysko - Brainbuster
    Last edited by vadermania; 06-02-2017 at 06:51 PM.

The saw is family!

Status

Stojy,

Thanks for your feedback.

My promotion is set in the present day using wrestlers from past eras primarily as I mentioned in my opening post.

The Flair-mystery man angle is very short and he is revealed in ep. 109. You certainly don't want similar storylines running at the same time if you can help it. But you'll see it served its purpose here.

Old school is my passion when it comes to wrestling. I lay out most matches, and you will see that they are slower than matches today in real life. I try to focus mainly on selling and psychology. This WCW will reek of Old School.

Agreed that DK was amazing. A true innovator. Sad that his career was cut so short bc of his ring style.

Since we can't post links to other sites on here, I'm gonna be compiling the past shows (Eps. 1-107 of Mayhem plus all PPV's, etc.) for people to browse on a blog. Hope to have it ready soon.

Glad you enjoyed the re-cap of current storylines. Hope this WCW holds your interest and the interest of other readers as well and any comments/critiques (even negative) you may have about my shows are welcome.

The saw is family!

Status

(NOTE: This week's show (Ep. 110) will be posted sometime on Saturday.)

WCW MAYHEM - EP. 109 - READING, PA - SANTANDER ARENA - 5-16-17 (Live)

(Show Intro)

(Crowd Shots/Pyro)

CJ: "Welcome to WCW 'Mayhem'! I'm Craig Johnson!

"We are coming to you from the great city of Reading, Pennsylvania!"

Crowd cheered.

CJ: "In the ring with me right now are Tony Garea of the WCW Championship Committee."

Garea was in a suit and waved to the crowd to little response.

CJ: "The New Spoiler and his manager Jimmy Hart."

Hart was in a suit and sunglasses. New Spoiler was in his silver mask with black trim, fingerless black glove and ring attire. They were booed.

CJ: "And finally, the reigning WCW World Champion, the Dynamite Kid!"

Crowd cheered.

Kid was in street clothes, leather jacket and had the World Title slung over his shoulder.

CJ: "Tony, we hear you have a major announcement for us."

TG: "I do, Craig.

"As you know, the New Spoiler has been on quite a run since he arrived in WCW. He is undefeated. Among his victories are wins over Ric Flair and, last week, Paul Orndorff.

"Because of this, the WCW Championship Committee has determined that the New Spoiler is the current #1 contender for the WCW World Championship."

Hart was ecstatic and New Spoiler remained emotionless. Kid was stoic.

TG: "So, the main event at the 'Scars N Stripes' pay-per-view next month in St. Louis will be the Dynamite Kid defending the WCW World Championship against the New Spoiler!"

Crowd cheered. Hart extremely happy.

CJ: "Jimmy, you're obviously in great spirits after that announcement."

JH: "I am, baby! I am!

"The New Spoiler has worked his tail off to get to this position! He's undefeated! And those wins over Flair and Orndorff served to cement his status as the top challenger in WCW! This is the opportunity we've waited for and we aim to make the most of it!"

CJ: "You've managed several champions in your career; but you've never managed a World Heavyweight Champion. What does this mean to you?"

JH: "It means a lot! I've guided so many wrestlers to championships over the years! But the one thing that has always eluded me is the World Championship! All those near misses for my men in World Title matches...man...it's been frustrating! The WCW World Championship is the premiere belt in all of combat sports! You dream of being the manager of the World Champion! I believe all the frustration is gonna be washed away at 'Scars N Stripes' and my dream will finally come true as the New Spoiler will emerge as the new World Champion!"

CJ: "Dynamite, you've been quiet during all of this. What say you?"

DK: "The New Spoiler has been on a great run since he came into WCW. No one can deny that. He has major wins over two good friends of mine in Paul Orndorff and Ric Flair.

"But, there's a first time for everything. The New Spoiler is undefeated. But nothing lasts forever. He's gonna lose some time and it..."

JH: "Wait a minute! Are you saying the New Spoiler is losing to you at 'Scars N Stripes'?!"

DK: "I'm certainly saying it could happen, Hart. Even winning streaks come to an end one day. And with each passing match he has, he's one step closer to that first loss. I'm gonna look to deliver it at 'Scars N Stripes'."

JH: "How galling! I can't believe what I'm hearing! How dare you speak about the New Spoiler that way, Dynamite!"

DK: "Hey, just stating the facts, mate."

JH: "Just the facts, huh?!"

DK: "Yep."

JH: "Well, here's a fact for you!"

Kid looked at New Spoiler and then at Hart and New Spoiler sucker punched Kid in the gut and Kid dropped the belt and was doubled over. New Spoiler then blasted Kid with a double knee facebuster. Kid crashed to the mat and was holding his face.

JH: "The fact is, Dynamite, the New Spoiler is gonna become the new World Champion on June 11th! And he's saving the Iron Claw to use on you at 'Scars N Stripes'!"

Hart and New Spoiler left the ring and headed back up the aisle to boos as the ref and Johnson checked on the downed Kid.)

(Announcers discussed the main event being made for 'Scars N Stripes' and what just transpired between Kid and New Spoiler. Announcers then welcomed viewers and ran down the program: Ric Flair returns from his suspension and the man who got it lifted is revealed; Nord The Barbarian vs. Warlord; the results of the examination of Killer Khan's (loaded?) right boot; Jimmy Snuka vs. Bob Orton; the first 'Scars N Stripes' PPV Update; and more! Said Dick Slater sees action after the break!)

(Commercials)

(VIDEO:

Friday - May 19 - Poughkeepsie, NY - Mid-Hudson Civic Center

Saturday - May 20 - Binghamton, NY - Veterans Memorial Arena

Sunday - June 11 - St. Louis, MO - Dome At America's Center - Scars N Stripes PPV

Friday - June 16 - Youngstown, OH - Covelli Center

Saturday - June 17 - Columbus, OH - Battelle Hall

Match 1
    'Dirty' Dick Slater vs. Mario Mancini

(Mancini was already in the ring and announced.

Music-only version of 'The Crunge' by Led Zeppelin played and out came Slater to boos. He was wearing a plain black t-shirt, dark blue tights with a red stripe on the outside of each leg and red boots with blue trim. He was wearing his AWA World Championship belt he won in Australia. Slater made his way to the ring and climbed in and briefly played to the crowd.

Slater dominated the match from the opening bell and quickly disposed of Mancini with his front Russian legsweep finisher to score the pinfall victory.

Ref raised Slater's hand in victory and handed Slater his title and Slater slung it over his shoulder.

WINNER: Slater - Pinfall - Front Russian Legsweep - 1:37)

(Post-Match Interview: Craig Johnson.

CJ: "Dick Slater totally destroys Mario Mancini in our opening match on 'Mayhem'.

"Let's remind the fans that you are the holder of the AWA World Title that you won a few weeks ago on a tour of Australia.

"Will you be defending that title here in WCW?"

DS: "I intend to and I hope to do it soon.

"But there's one man who won't be getting a shot at this belt."

CJ: "Who's that?"

DS: "Paul Orndorff."

CJ: "Why not?"

DS: "Orndorff lost last week to the New Spoiler. And a few weeks ago he lost to 'Million Dollar' Bill. That's two losses in a row and that knocks him out of the championship picture at least for now."

CJ: "Who will you defend the belt against then?"

DS: "ABO."

CJ: "What's ABO?"

DS: "Anyone But Orndorff! Haha!"

CJ: "A couple of losses can be a setback. But Orndorff has a solid win-loss record in WCW."

DS: "That's tough, man, really tough. He'll have to earn an AWA World Title match by working his way back into contention. And that will take a while."

CJ: "You've got to be... Hey!"

Crowd cheered as Orndorff came out. Orndorff made his way to the ring and climbed in. He was in street clothes.

DS: "What the hell do you want?! This is my interview time!"

PO: "You're forgetting something, Slater! I beat you at 'Spring Breakout'! I own a win over you and you don't have one against me! That merits a crack at that AWA Title!"

DS: "I just pointed out your recent losses, Mr. Wonderless! That overrides your win over me! So, just admire this belt, because you're not gonna be wrestling for it!"

PO: "Dick, sometimes you can be a real...dick!"

Crowd cheered.

PO: "In head-to-head competition I own the tie-breaker!"

DS: "Just saying that means zip! You've been losing lately! You're out of the picture!"

PO: "I'm not out of anything! If you're half the man you claim to be then you'll give me a match for the belt!"

Rob Russen of the match-making committee walked out on the entrance stage with mic in hand. He was in a suit. He got very little reaction coming out.

RR: "Paul Orndorff. Dick Slater. Eyes this way."

Orndorff and Slater looked over at Russen on the stage.

RR: "I've been listening to both of your arguments. You both make a strong case for your respective position.

"So, here's what we're gonna do.

"Next week, the main event on 'Mayhem' will be Dick Slater vs. Paul Orndorff!"

Crowd cheered the news.

DS: "What the hell?! This is a bunch of crap, Russen! Every member of the match-makers should be..."

RR: "Let me finish my point, Slater.

"The match will be non-title."

Now Orndorff wasn't happy and Slater suddenly perked up.

DS: "Alright, man. That sounds good. Russen, forget what I said about you guys on the match-making committee."

RR: "However, if Paul Orndorff beats you in the match next week...he gets an AWA World Title match at 'Scars N Stripes'!"

DS: "No! This is insane! Fire the match-making committee!"

PO: "I like it! Sounds like a plan to me! Let's do it!"

DS: "What a bunch of..."

RR: "That's all I had to say. See you next week, gentlemen."

DS: "I'll be damned if this undeserving cretin is getting an undeserved championship shot against me! Orndorff, I'll take care of you next week!"

Slater stormed out of the ring, dropped to the floor and angrily headed back up the aisle.

CJ: "Paul, any final words?"

PO: "Yeah. Pencil in Slater vs. Orndorff for the AWA World Title at 'Scars N Stripes'!"

Crowd cheered.

CJ: "You just heard it, fans! Dick Slater battles Paul Orndorff in our main event next week and, if Orndorff beats Slater, he will face Slater with the AWA Championship on the line on June 11th!

"Tony and Mark!")

(Announcers discussed the making of next week's main event and the huge stakes involved. Hyped still to come: Ric Flair returns from his suspension and the man who got his suspension lifted is revealed; Nord The Barbarian vs. Warlord; and more. Said the results of the examination of Killer Khan's suspect boot are revealed next!)

(Commercials)

(In-ring: The testing results.

CJ: "We are back on 'Mayhem'.

"It is now time to find out the results of the examination of Killer Khan's boot.

"With me is Morton Downey, Jr. of the executive committee."

Downey was in a suit and holding the boot in a clear plastic bag.

CJ: "Also already in the ring are the Allies."

Crowd cheered the Allies.

Sid Vicious, Dan Spivey and Sgt. Slaughter were in street clothes and Slaughter was also wearing a black baseball cap with 'USA' written across the front in red, white and blue lettering and sunglasses. Nord was in his ring attire. Sid had a mic.

CJ: "We now need the Sheik's Army to come to the ring."

'Cry of the Vatos' played and out came the Army to loud boos. Kamala, Abdullah The Butcher, One Man Gang and Warlord were in their ring attire. Khan was in a black suit, white dress shirt and black dress shoes. Sheik Adnan El-Kaissey was in a suit and keffiyeh. Kimchee was in his safari gear, white mask with brown trim, pith helmet and carrying a riding crop.

The group made their way to the ring and climbed in. Kaissey had a mic.

CJ: "Morton, could you please tell us the results of the testing on the boot."

MD: "Before I go any further, I want to make it quite clear that no violence will be tolerated between the two sides at this time. We are here just for the results.

"We sent this boot off to a lab for a thorough examination to see if it had an illegal weapon of some sort in it. The lab ran several tests on the boot. They concluded that the boot, in fact, did NOT contain anything illegal in it."

Kaissey was ecstatic and his men approved of the news. A thin, sly smile came over Khan's face. Downey handed the boot back to Khan.

SV: "This is unbelievable! There's no way that boot's not loaded! No chance!"

AK: "You all heard Mr. Downey! Like I've been telling you, Killer Khan doesn't have a foreign object in his boot! He has superhuman kicking power and that's why his kicks are so potent!

"This is a victory for us in the war!"

SV: "What kind of a lab was this?!"

MD: "The lab that did the testing is very respected in its field. They do good work. We trust them."

AK: "The lab found nothing because there was nothing to find! Khan's body alone is a deadly weapon!"

Slaughter took the mic from Sid.

SS: "I think we are all shocked by the results! Kaissey, I don't buy your line that Khan has some sort of 'superhuman kicking power'! Anyone who has been kicked with that boot knows that the kicks are a lot more powerful and devastating than the kick of even the strongest man! I can't help but think that the lab missed something here!

"This is a setback for us! But we are fighting a war and we will soldier on! There's too much at stake here! We will have to adapt to the situation at hand and strategize accordingly! Sheik, you won a victory here! But this thing is far, far from over!"

AK: "Later tonight, the Army will win another battle in the war when the Warlord takes down Nord The Barbarian! Everything is moving in our favor right now! The Allies are very close to being forced into retreat mode!"

SS: "We may be outnumbered, but we are a strong united force! There's not a person in WCW or a fan of WCW who wants to see the Army win this war! We know we carry the hopes of a lot of people on our shoulders right now! And those shoulders are broad and strong! We're not even close to retreating from the field of battle!"

AK: "You listen to me! Infidels always lose in the end! You are infidels! These fans are infidels! Everyone who stands against the Army is an infidel who will be crushed by our divine might!"

Warlord took the mic from Kaissey.

War: "You all heard the Sheik! He is a man of honor and integrity! We in the Army stand behind him 100 percent!

"Nord! It's you and me in the main event! And I'm gonna deal a serious blow to your side's plans when I smash you tonight!"

Nord took the mic from Sarge.

Nord: "Warlord, this is a battle in a long series of battles! We're not intimidated by you or any member of the Army! You and me are the ones clashing tonight! And there will be a lot of bashing going on!"

War: "I'm doing this for the righteous cause of Sheik Adnan El-Kaissey! This is about more than just winning a match, Nord! It's about tearing the guts out of our enemies and sending them to Hell!"

Nord: "If I'm going to Hell...Warlord, know this...I'm dragging you with me!"

Crowd cheered as Nord and War went to go after each other but the rest of the two sides kept the men apart.

MD: "Hey! I said it earlier! There is to be no violence at this time! Save it for your match later on!"

CJ: "There you have it! The boot was examined and the tests apparently showed there was no weapon in it.

"Tony and Mark, back to you.")

(Announcers discussed the shocking news that no illegal weapon was found concealed in Khan's boot. Hyped still to come: Ric Flair returns from his suspension and the man who got his suspension lifted is revealed; Nord The Barbarian vs. Warlord; and more. Said Jimmy Snuka vs. Bob Orton is next!)

(Commercials)

Match 2
    'Cowboy' Bob Orton vs. 'Superfly' Jimmy Snuka (WTTC) w/ Don Muraco (WTTC)

('Desperado' by Alice Cooper played and out came Orton to a fair ovation. Orton was in a brown cowboy hat, brown vest with fringes, blue tights and black boots with white horseshoes on the outside of each boot. Orton slapped hands with fans on the way to the ring and then climbed in. Orton removed his hat and briefly acknowledged the crowd.

Theme from the original 'Hawaii Five-O' played and out came Jimmy Snuka and Don Muraco to mainly boos but also some cheers. Snuka was in his tiger stripe tights, traditional Fijian headband and flip-flops. He had his tag title around his waist. Muraco was in street clothes and had his tag title slung over his shoulder. The pair made their way to the ring and climbed in.

Snuka wrestled barefoot.

Snuka dominated most of the match until Orton fought back late and hit Snuka with a bulldog and went for the pin but Snuka escaped at the count of 2. Snuka regained control of the match and finished Orton off with his Superfly Death Leap finisher to score the pinfall victory.

Snuka had his hand raised in victory by the ref as Muraco took Snuka's title belt and the ring announcer's mic and climbed into the ring. Muraco handed Snuka his belt and congratulated Jimmy on winning the match.

WINNER: Snuka - Pinfall - Superfly Death Leap - 3:09)

(Post-Match Promo:

DM: "A couple of weeks ago, I wrestled the Dynamite Kid. Jimmy here came to the ring with me. He was at ringside to offer me moral support during the match.

"But then the new tag team of Los Losers, Manny Fernandez and Tito Santana, decided to come down to the ring and kidnap Jimmy. Now, I hear that kidnapping is all the rage in their native Mexico. But it's not all the rage with these island boys. We're not down with that. We also like our hub caps to remain on our cars.

"So now we have a problem started by Los Sky Lolos. They've created a grande sized problem where there was none before. And when island boys have a problem...they fix it. Manny and Tito, you two jumping beans have just been put on notice. We're gunning for you."

Muraco tossed the mic and he and Snuka left the ring for the floor and headed back up the aisle to mostly boos and some cheers.)

(Announcers discussed the thinly veiled threat against Los Lobos by Muraco.)

(Announcers then intro'd video from last week's confrontation between brothers 'Million Dollar' Bill Irwin (TVC) and Scott Irwin.

VIDEO:

CJ: " I hear you. I'm just trying to..."

MDB: "What the hell is this?!"

Decent crowd pop as Scott Irwin, in street clothes, made his way to the ring and climbed in.

MDB: "Scott, I had enjoyed not having to look at you in recent months. What the hell are you doing out here?"

SI: "Bill, I'll make it short and sweet."

MDB: "Good. No one wants to hear a schmo like you rattle on forever."

SI: "You've said you wanted a re-match with me since I beat you the last time we met. Let's have that match."

MDB: "I'm all for it! And once I beat you, I never want to deal with you again! Got it?! Oh! And I will not be defending the TV Title against you! You haven't earned that privilege!"

SI: "I don't want a shot at the belt, Bill, but I do want something."

MDB: "I knew it. Scott's always looking for a handout."

SI: "I want to face you in a match where you put the million dollars you won in that Battle Royal last year at 'Autumn Anarchy' on the line."

MDB: "Are you still sore over that?! Get over it, jack! That Battle Royal was every man for himself and I won!"

SI: "You also stabbed me in the back that day. We had agreed to split the money since we were the last two standing in the match. You turned on me because of greed to take it all."

MDB: "You know what, Scotty, I'm gonna give you your match. I'll put the Battle Royal winnings on the line. But...if I beat you, I don't have to wrestle you ever again. I'm done with you forever. Agreed?"

SI: "Yep. I just want a chance to win what was taken from me and your share as well."

CJ: "Scott and Bill, if I can just interrupt you for a moment. I've just gotten word in my earpiece that the match-making committee has agreed to the match with the stipulations."

MDB: "Finally, I have the chance to wash my hands of you for good!"

SI: "And I have the chance to win a million dollars and donate that money to charity!"
    )

(Announcers said the match had been signed for next week: MILLION DOLLAR CHALLENGE: 'Million Dollar' Bill (TVC) vs. Scott Irwin.

Hyped still to come: Nord The Barbarian vs. Warlord. Said Ric Flair returns from his suspension and the man who got the suspension lifted is revealed next!)

(Commercials)

(In-ring: The Big Reveal

'Also Sprach Zarathustra' filled the arena and out came Ric Flair to a rousing ovation. Flair was in street clothes and had a mic. Flair made his way to the ring and climbed in and walked around for a moment.

RF: "Whoo!"

Crowd returned Flair's trademark call.

RF: "Tonight, the party is in Reading, Pennsylvania!"

More cheers.

Flair reached into his shirt breast pocket and pulled out a piece of paper.

RF: "I have a check here in the amount of $100,000 dollars! It's filled out except for one line! I just need to know who I'm making this check out to so I can pay back the man who paid my fine and got my suspension lifted!

"Like you, I've been wondering who this man is and why he did this for me! So, let's get right down to the business at hand!

"Would the man please reveal himself!"

Crowd buzzing.

Brief pause...

'Turn The Page' by Bob Seeger played and out walked the man onto the entrance stage. He was in street clothes and had a mic. He got a good ovation.

Madden: "Oh my God! It's Harley Race!"

Schiavone: "Harley was Flair's benefactor! The question now is, what does he want from Flair?!"

Race made his way to the ring and stepped in.

RF: "Harley Race! You were the man who did this for me?"

HR: "I am that man, Ric."

RF: "I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. But why would you do it?"

HR: "I have my reasons."

RF: "Before this goes any further, let me just sign this check over to you."

Flair reached into his shirt breast pocket and pulled out a pen.

HR: "Put the pen away and tear up the check."

RF: "I can't do that. You're owed this."

HR: "I may be owed. But I don't want your money."

RF: "What do you want then?"

HR: "Ric, you and I have had a great rivalry down through the years in this, the greatest sport in the world. We battled each other all over the globe; usually with a World Championship on the line. Sometimes, things got so heated between us that we despised each other. But, we earned each other's respect. I can't say that I've respected too many people in this business, but you're one of the few.

"I've had many rivals in wrestling. But you, Ric, I consider you my greatest rival. Every time we stepped in between these ropes and under the lights, the people knew they were gonna see human chess at its finest. Sometimes I beat you. Other times you emerged the winner. When I was wrestling you, I always knew I had to be at the top of my game."

RF: "Harley, I've had nothing but respect for you since the first time we locked up with each other. You were my toughest opponent. I knew when we wrestled each other it was gonna be a tough, hard-fought match in which we pushed each other beyond the limit. We've battled each other all over the globe. Both of us poured a lot of blood, sweat and energy into those matches. The winner of our bouts always deserved it. You've been a great rival. This sport is better off for all of us because of men like you.

"But again, I have to ask this. What do you want?"

HR: "I've had a great career, Ric. But everyone in every sport knows that there comes a point when it's time to walk away. It's hard. But it must be done. The time has come for me to hang up the boots."

RF: "You're retiring?"

HR: "That's right. But, I still have one good match left in me, Ric.

"I have talked to the WCW executives and they've allowed me to do this. Ric, I want my farewell match to be against you. And I want the match at 'Scars N Stripes' in the city where I had my greatest wrestling success, St. Louis."

Flair paused for a moment and then walked over to Race and gently placed his hand on Race's shoulder.

RF: "Harley, with all we've been through together in the ring. With the great respect I have for you, there's only one thing I can say. I would consider it an honor to wrestle you at 'Scars N Stripes' in your final match!"

Crowd cheered.

HR: "That's what I was hoping to hear, Ric. Let's do this one last time."

RF: "You know, Harley, even though it's your last match, I'm still going out there to beat you. I won't be taking it easy on you."

HR: "I wouldn't have it any other way."

The two shook hands and embraced as the fans cheered. They then talked off-mic as the segment ended.)

(Announcers talked about Race coming out and challenging Flair to one last match at the PPV next month and Flair accepting. Said Nord vs. Warlord was next!)

(Commercials)

('SCARS N STRIPES' PPV UPDATE!

Announcers ran down the card so far:

WCW World Championship Match: Dynamite Kid (WC) vs. The New Spoiler

Race's Retirement Match: Harley Race vs. Ric Flair

WCW Presents: 'Scars N Stripes' - Sunday - June 11 - St. Louis, MO - Dome At America's Center - 8pm E/5pm P - Tickets on sale NOW!)

Match 3
    Nord The Barbarian vs. Warlord w/ Mgr. Sheik Adnan El-Kaissey

('Steel Monkey' filled the arena and Nord came out to a strong ovation. Nord was in his black tights with white life rune on the back, fur-lined boots and had his trademark chain, Valhalla, draped around his neck. Nord made his way to the ring and climbed in. Nord waved his chain in the air and stomped around and then draped his chain over the top bolt that connects the ring post to the top turnbuckle.

'Cry of the Vatos' played and out came the Warlord and Kaissey on the entrance stage to boos. Warlord had black and red face paint around his eyes. He was bald and had a goatee. He was wearing a post-apocalyptic steampunk trench coat, black leg-length tights with 'Warlord' written in red lettering on the outside of each leg and heavy black biker-type boots. He was carrying a round silver shield with 'Victory or Death' engraved on the shield above two engraved crossed battle axes. Kaissey was in a suit and keffiyeh. That pair made their way to the ring and climbed in.

Kaissey had final words with Warlord and then headed to the floor.

Ref called for the bell.

Warlord charged out of his corner and went to clothesline Nord but Nord ducked the move and came back and fired away on War with head shots. Nord whipped War into the ropes and caught War coming off with a clothesline that sent War crashing to the mat. War to his feet and Nord laid into Nord with more punches that drove War against the ropes. Nord backed up and charged at War and War backdropped Nord over the top rope and down to the floor. War had a few words with the ref and then left the ring and dropped to the floor. Nord getting up and War caught Nord with an uppercut to the jaw and then threw Nord into the ringside barricade. Nord down on the floor. Ref counting. War stomped away on Nord, snapped Nord up and whipped Nord into the ring steps. Nord crumpled to the floor. War rolled in and out of the ring to break the ref's 20-count. Nord getting up and War grabbed Nord and went to slam Nord's head into the top of the ringside barricade but Nord twice blocked the move, elbowed War in the gut three times and freed himself from War's grasp and slammed War's head into the top of the ringside barricade. Nord repeated the move and War staggered off. Ref counting. Nord quickly rolled in and out of the ring to break the 20-count. War had staggered part-way up the aisle and Nord charged at War and War caught Nord in a bear hug and rammed Nord back-first into the barricade. Ref counting. War blasted Nord with a couple of kicks to the gut, peeled Nord off the barricade and held Nord by the back of the head and charged down the aisle and slammed Nord's head into the ring apron. Nord staggered. War threw Nord back into the ring. War followed Nord in and Nord had gotten to his hands and knees and War booted Nord in the side of the head. Nord toppled over. War snapped Nord up and grabbed Nord by the throat and Nord responded by grabbing War by the throat and the two men were locked in a choking stand-off. Nord caught War with a kick to the gut and freed himself from War's grasp. Nord briefly lost his grip and then re-applied it around War's throat and nailed War with a chokeslam. Crowd popped. Nord fell back against the ropes and regained his bearings.

Announcers said there was something going on backstage and sent it to Scott Hudson.

A split-screen picture appeared on the TV screen of the match and backstage happenings.

SH: "As you can see there's a wild brawl going on back here between the rest of the Army and the Allies!"

The two sides were beating the hell out of each other and the outnumbered Allies were standing toe-to-toe with the Army. Punches, throwing each other into tables, striking each other with a 2x4 and hitting each other with chairs and trash cans was all going down in the wild melee'.

SH: "This is out of control! I'm gonna get out of the way and move to safety!"

Announcers said they'll keep the split-screen up.

The match had continued and War had regained the advantage over Nord. War whipped Nord into the buckles and charged in and blasted Nord with running clothesline. Nord limp in the corner. War pulled Nord out of the corner and hoisted Nord up and blasted Nord with a press slam. Nord hurting.

Backstage, the brawl was continuing between the Army and the Allies. TV equipment had entered the fray and the fighting was getting more intense. Members of WCW security rushed in to try and break up the battle but were having problems restoring order. Two members of the security team were hit with weapons in all the chaos.

Back in the ring, War had been working over Nord. War snapped Nord up off the mat and went to suplex Nord but Nord blocked the move and then nailed War with a gourdbuster and the crowd popped. War rolled over on his back and Nord went for the cover and hooked the leg. 1...2... War kicked out. Both men down.

Backstage, police entered the picture as the brawl was continuing fast and furious.

Nord and War made it to their feet and War went to punch Nord but Nord blocked the punch try and fired away on War with head shots, whipped War into the ropes and caught War coming off with a boot to the face. War crashed to the mat. Nord ran and hit the ropes and came off with his flying leg drop finisher but War rolled out of the way and Nord crashed to the mat. Both men down.

Backstage, police and security were getting the situation under control.

Both Nord and War made it to their feet and War drove his fists down into Nord's shoulders and Nord dropped to a knee in the ring. War pulled Nord up, whipped Nord into the ropes and caught Nord coming off with a powerslam.

Backstage, the two warring factions had been separated.

Nord made it to his feet and War caught Nord from behind in the full nelson and blasted Nord with his full nelson finisher. War covered Nord and hooked the leg. 1...2...3! Ref called for the bell as the crowd booed.

War got to his feet and the ref raised War's hand in victory as Kaissey climbed into the ring and congratulated his man. War struck a bodybuilder pose while sticking his tongue out Gene Simmons-like as the program faded to black.

WINNER: Warlord - Pinfall - Full Nelson Slam - 8:29)

END PROGRAM

The saw is family!

Status

WCW MAYHEM - EP. 110 - READING, PA - SANTANDER ARENA - 5-23-17 (Taped)

(Show Intro)

(Crowd Shots/Pyro)

(Shot of a heavy security presence in riot helmets and carrying night sticks in and around the ring.)

(Announcers Tony Schiavone and Mark Madden welcomed viewers and ran down the program: Non-Title: Dick Slater (AWA WC) vs. Paul Orndorff (If Orndorff wins, he gets an AWA World Title shot at 'Scars N Stripes'; Ric Flair and Harley Race make an appearance; Million Dollar Challenge: 'Million Dollar' Bill Irwin (TVC) vs. Scott Irwin; Mr. Anderson and Davey Boy Smith have an announcement about their intentions at 'Scars N Stripes'; The New Spoiler sees action; another 'Scars N Stripes' PPV Update; and more. Then sent it to the ring.)

CJ: "Welcome to 'Mayhem'! I'm Craig Johnson!

"As you can see, we have a large security presence at ringside and in the ring.

"With me is Rob Russen of the match-making committee.

"Last week, we all saw the big backstage brawl between the Allies and the Sheik's Army while Nord The Barbarian and Warlord were battling each other in the ring. That is why you see all this security out here right now.

"We need the Sheik's Army to come to the ring."

'Cry of the Vatos' filled the arena and out came the Sheik's Army to strong boos. Kamala, Abdullah The Butcher, One Man Gang, Killer Khan and Warlord were all in their ring attire. Warlord did not have his shield with him. Kaissey was in a suit and tie and keffiyeh. Kimchee was in his safari gear, white mask with brown trim, pith helmet and carrying a riding crop. The group made their way to the ring and climbed in. Kaissey had a mic.

CJ: "We need the Army to stand on this side of the ring."

The Army went and stood one one side of the ring and security sprung into action in the ring and formed a wall.

Crowd buzzing.

CJ: "Now, would the Allies come to the ring."

'Steel Monkey' played and out came the Allies to a strong ovation. The Skyscrapers (Sid Vicious & Dan Spivey), Nord and Sgt. Slaughter were all in street clothes. Slaughter was also wearing a black baseball cap with 'USA' written in red, white and blue lettering across the front. The group made their way to the ring and climbed in. Sid had a mic.

You could feel the intensity as security now formed a wall between the two sides.

CJ: "Rob, you have something you wanted say to the Allies and the Army."

RR: "I do, Craig. A couple of weeks ago..."

AK: "The infidel Allies are losing this war now! We have them on the run! They are gonna..."

SV: "Sheik Adnan! Shut up! We're not running anywhere! We're gonna stand and fight to the bitter end of this war!"

RR: "Gentlemen, I have an announcement to make. Please save your comments until I have finished.

"Two weeks ago, Sheik, you broached the idea for a handicap elimination match with the stipulation that the winning team gets to pick the stipulations for a match involving the Allies and the Army at a later date. The Allies agreed to the match and all the stipulations.

"So, at 'Scars N Stripes' next month in St. Louis, it will be the Allies vs. the Army in a 5-on-4 handicap elimination match and the winning team will get to pick the stipulations for a future match between members of the two sides."

Crowd cheered.

AK: "Are you done now, infidel Russen?!

"We scored two huge wins over the Allies last week! We are now scoring victory after victory over them! Despite the spin they're trying to put on the situation, we are now decisively winning this war on all fronts! You are getting very close to finally being vanquished and purged from WCW! And it will be a glorious day when that happens!"

SV: "You haven't won a damn thing! This war has a long way to go and anything can still happen! Talk doesn't win wars! Action does!"

CJ: "I have a question. What started the brawl backstage last week?"

Sarge took the mic from Sid.

SS: "We crossed paths in the back! The hatred between both sides is so strong that once we saw each other the war spilled onto a new battlefield!"

AK: "And it should be noted that the Army held its own against the Allies!"

SS: "And we were outnumbered and still fought your side and held our ground! That's proof enough that we're not retreating! We won't back down no matter how bad things may get!"

AK: "Your side will be begging for mercy when this thing is over! You might as well go out and get a white flag right now and prepare to wave it! But even when you surrender, we will show you no mercy! You infidels will be left laying in ruins!"

Spivey had moved near the security wall. Gang reached over and sucker punched Spivey in the side of the face. Spivey was briefly stunned and then fired a shot across the security wall and popped Gang in the head with a punch of his own and it was on!

Johnson, Russen, Kaissey and Kimchee all bailed for the safety of the floor as the security wall got trapped between the warring factions. The sides were blasting each other with their fists. Four members of security that were on the floor climbed into the ring to try and help break up the melee'. The fighting was going hot and heavy as there were now 19 men in the ring. A couple of members of security were collateral damage in the fighting and had to be dragged out of the ring by security members still on the floor. Gang got one of the night sticks and went to hit Sid with it but Sid grabbed the stick and went to hit Gang and accidentally blasted a security team member. It was all-outr chaos in the ring as the announcers said they had to go to a break.)

(Commercials)

(VIDEO:

Friday - June 23 - Dodge City, KS - United Wireless Arena

Saturday - June 24 - Park City, KS - Hartman Arena

(Back from commercial: WCW security and police were herding the Allies up the aisle to the back. The Army had already been removed.)

(Announcers talked about the wild brawl between the Allies and the Army and the 5-on-4 Handicap Elimination match made between the two teams for 'Scars N Stripes'. Then sent it to the ring.)

Match 1 (Million Dollar Challenge)
    'Million Dollar' Bill (TVC) vs. Scott Irwin

('Flirtin' With Disaster' by Molly Hatchet played and out came Scott Irwin to a decent ovation. Scott was in his long black trench coat, blue jeans, cowboy-style wrestling boots and blue bandana on his head. Scott slapped hands with fans on the way to the ring and climbed in and briefly saluted the crowd.

'Money' by Pink Floyd played and out came 'Million Dollar' Bill to pretty strong boos. He was wearing a silver and black tuxedo-like satin jacket with tails. On the back it said 'MDB' in silver lettering with black trim and several silver '$' signs with black trim spread all over the back. He had a silver bow tie. He was wearing silver and black leg-length tights with the word 'Millionaire' written across the back of the tights in silver lettering with black trim and silver boots with a black $ sign on the outside of each boot. The TV Title was around his waist. He was carrying his briefcase containing his Battle Royal winnings.

Bill climbed into the ring and went over by the ropes and demanded the ring mic and got it.

MDB: "Scott! There is no way...none...that I'm losing this match tonight! I'm not gonna let you take the million dollars that I won in the Battle Royal last year and give it to charities! I'm appalled you would even think of doing that! There are better things to spend a million bucks on, like yourself and hot broads! But no! You wanna give the money to bums, freeloaders, welfare cases, lazy asses and any other undeserving dregs of society one can think of! I'll go into the damned grave before I ever let that happen with any of my money!"

Bill tossed the mic and then handed the briefcase containing the money to the ref and barked at the ref to be careful with the case. Bill also handed the ref the TV title. Bill then removed his ring jacket and bow tie. Ref handed the briefcase and belt off to Craig Johnson, who took them and laid them on the timekeeper's table.

Ref called for the bell.

The two men charged out of their corners and tore into each other with a punch exchange. Scott got the upper hand, whipped Bill into the ropes and caught Bill coming off with a kick to the chest. Bill crashed to the mat and Scott quickly covered him. 1... Bill kicked out. Both men to their feet and Scott caught Bill with a kick to the gut that doubled Bill over. Scott nailed Bill with an axe kick. Bill crashed face-first to the mat.Scott peeled Bill off the mat and repeatedly slammed Bill's head into the top buckle in rapid-fire fashion.Bill leaned front-first against the buckles. Scott pulled Bill out of the corner and then repeatedly whipped Bill into the same corner in quick fashion. Bill staggered out of the corner and dropped to his knees and then to his face on the mat. Bill got to his knees and begged off but Scott moved in and caught Bill with a head shot and Bill countered with a punch to the gut. Bill caught Scott with another trio of gut shots and rose to his feet. Bill nailed Scott with an elbow smash to the top of the head and Scott crashed to the mat. Bill then nailed Scott with a rapid-fire series of elbow smashes to the chest. Bill up and grabbed Scott's legs. After a brief struggle, Bill turned Scott over into a single leg crab. Bill cinched up on the hold and increased the pressure on Scott's leg and lower back. Scott started crawling towards the ropes. Bill clamped down on the hold even more and Scott stopped in his tracks and was hurting badly. Scott found the strength to crawl close enough to the ropes and get his hand on the bottom rope to force a break in the hold. Scott, with the aid of the ropes, started getting to his feet bent over and Bill moved in and popped Scott with an elbow smash to the back of the neck. Bill whipped Scott into the ropes and caught Scott coming off with a flying tackle. Scott down and Bill covered him for the pin. 1...2... Scott got a shoulder up. Bill snapped up Scott and nailed Scott with a bodyslam. Bill went out on the apron, mounted the top buckle and came off with a frog splash but Scott got his knees up and Bill crashed into them. Both men down. Ref counting. Both men slowly made it to their feet and Scott moved in and caught Bill with a series of stiff kicks to the side of the ribs and then nailed Bill with a gut buster to the knee. Bill down holding his gut. Scott snapped Bill up, whipped Bill into the ropes and caught Bill coming off with a belly-to-belly suplex. Scott for the cover and hooked the leg. 1...2...thr... Bill kicked out. Crowd groaned. Scott snapped Bill up, whipped Bill into the ropes and looked to catch Bill coming off with a backdrop but Bill caught Scott with a kick to the chest. Scott shot up and stumbled back a couple of steps and Bill nailed Scott with a bicycle kick to the face. Scott crashed to the mat. Bill covered Scott and hooked the leg. 1...2... Scott kicked out.

Bill snapped up Scott and went to whip Scott into the corner but Scott reversed and sent Bill crashing into the buckles. Bill staggered out of the corner and Scott dropped Bill with a kick to the chest. Scott reached down to pull Bill up when Bill suddenly stunned Scott with a jawbreaker to the top of the head. Scott crashed to the mat. Bill circled around behind Scott as Scott made it to his feet. Bill moved in and started to lock Scott into position for his Elitist (cobra clutch slam) finisher but Scott slipped free of Bill's grasp and Scott caught Bill with a kick to the gut followed by a series of head shots and then a discus elbow to the side of the head. Bill crashed to the mat. Scott snapped Bill up and went to whip Bill into the ropes but Bill reversed and looked to catch Scott coming off with a backdrop but Scott turned it into a sunset flip try. Bill fought not to be flipped. Ref dropped down and was looking at Scott's shoulders when Bill reached into the front of his tights, pulled out a foreign object and blasted Scott in the head with a foreign object-laden punch. Scott flatlined in the ring. Bill dropped down and covered Scott and Bill had the object concealed in his right hand which was down by his leg. 1...2...3! Ref called for the bell as the fans booed lustily.

Ref went over by the ropes and got the briefcase and TV Title from Craig Johnson as Bill turned away and subtly dropped the object back into his tights. Bill turned around and the ref handed him the briefcase and TV Title and raised Bill's hand in victory.

Bill arrogantly held the briefcase in the air before leaving the ring for the floor and taking the r.a. mic from Johnson. Scott recovering but still in a daze in the ring.

MDB: "Scott! That's it! We're finished, brother! I want nothing to do with you ever again!"

Bill tossed the mic and walked off and headed back up the aisle with the briefcase clutched to his chest and the TV Title in the other hand as the ref helped Scott in the ring.

WINNER: 'Million Dollar' Bill - Pinfall - Foreign Object Shot - 6:44)

(Announcers discussed Bill beating brother Scott and retaining the million dollars. Hyped still to come: Non-Title: Dick Slater (AWA WC) vs. Paul Orndorff (If Orndorff wins, he gets an AWA World Title shot at 'Scars N Stripes'; and Ric Flair and Harley Race make an appearance. Said Davey Boy Smith and Mr. Anderson make their big announcement after the break.)

(Commercials)

(In-ring: The Big Announcement!

'Some Heads Are Gonna Roll' by Judas Priest played and out came Mr. Anderson and Davey Boy Smith to strong boos. Both men were in street clothes and each had a mic. The pair made their way to the ring and climbed in and briefly played to the crowd.

Mr. Anderson was holding what appeared to be a document.

MA: "Well, Davey."

DBS: "Yeah, mate."

MA: "It's time."

DBS: "It certainly is."

MA: "This is our big announcement! Can I get a drum roll, Davey?!"

DBS: "Sure can!"

Davey made a drum roll-like sound.

Anderson waved the document in the air while walking around.

MA: "I must tell you that the match-making committee has already green lighted this!

"This is a contract! There are two names already on the contract! Whose names are those, Davey?!"

DBS: "Those names are ours! We already signed the contract!"

MA: "We're good to go for our match at 'Scars N Stripes'! But...the other lines to be signed on the contract are still blank! Tell 'em why!"

DBS: "The reason those lines are blank is because we're issuing an open challenge to any tag team out there that wants to face us in St. Louis!"

MA: "There ya go! Any team out there, whether in WCW or not, is welcome to sign on the dotted line to wrestle us!"

DBS: "Don't forget to tell them the other thing!"

MA: "What other... Oh yeah! To make this even more interesting...we won't know who we'll be facing at 'Scars N Stripes' until we're in the ring for the match!

"So, what tag team out there wants to step up to the plate, sign this contract and wrestle Mr. Anderson and Davey Boy Smith?! The clock is ticking! Who will it be?! Who has the balls to step into the squared circle with us?!"

DBS: "It's put up or shut up time, boys! We just need one team to sign this contract! Just one! We don't care who it is because we know we can get the job done against any team out there!"

MA: "So...who's it gonna be?! We're anxiously looking to dismantle you at 'Scars N Stripes'!"

Fans booed as the pair briefly played to them and then left the ring, dropped to the floor and headed back up the aisle.)

(Announcers discussed the announcement by Anderson and Smith. Wondered what team might sign the contract. Announcers then discussed the threat Don Muraco made against Los Lobos last week. Said Manny Fernandez of Los Lobos would wrestle Jimmy Snuka next week on 'Mayhem'.)

(Announcers intro'd video from last week after the announcement was made for the World Title match at 'Scars N Stripes' pitting the Dynamite Kid (WC) against the New Spoiler.

VIDEO:

CJ: "Dynamite, you've been quiet during all of this. What say you?"

DK: "The New Spoiler has been on a great run since he came into WCW. No one can deny that. He has major wins over two good friends of mine in Paul Orndorff and Ric Flair.

"But, there's a first time for everything. The New Spoiler is undefeated. But nothing lasts forever. He's gonna lose some time and it..."

JH: "Wait a minute! Are you saying the New Spoiler is losing to you at 'Scars N Stripes'?!"

DK: "I'm certainly saying it could happen, Hart. Even winning streaks come to an end one day. And with each passing match he has, he's one step closer to that first loss. I'm gonna look to deliver it at 'Scars N Stripes'."

JH: "How galling! I can't believe what I'm hearing! How dare you speak about the New Spoiler that way, Dynamite!"

DK: "Hey, just stating the facts, mate."

JH: "Just the facts, huh?!"

DK: "Yep."

JH: "Well, here's a fact for you!"

Kid looked at New Spoiler and then at Hart and New Spoiler sucker punched Kid in the gut and Kid dropped the belt and was doubled over. New Spoiler then blasted Kid with a double knee facebuster. Kid crashed to the mat and was holding his face.

JH: "The fact is, Dynamite, the New Spoiler is gonna become the new World Champion on June 11th! And he's saving the Iron Claw to use on you at 'Scars N Stripes'!"
    )

Match 2
    The New Spoiler w/ Mgr. Jimmy Hart & Security 'Big' Bubba Rogers vs. Joey Maggs

(Maggs was already in the ring and announced.

Instrumental song 'The Champ' (Taylor Made Man's WCW entrance music) played and out on the entrance stage walked the New Spoiler, manager Jimmy Hart and security Bubba Rogers to pretty strong boos. New Spoiler was wearing the silver mask with black trim, a black singlet with the bottom half of the tights covered by red leg-length tights with a black stripe going down the outside of each leg, a fingerless black glove on his right hand and black boots with the silver Spoiler mask on the outside of each boot. Hart was in a red suit with black shirt and thin red tie, black and red shoes, sunglasses and carrying his trademark megaphone. Rogers was in a gray suit, white dress shirt unbuttoned at the top two buttons, black shoes, sunglasses and fedora. The trio made their way to the ring and climbed in.

Hart had final words for New Spoiler before he and Rogers left for the floor.

Total domination from start to finish by the New Spoiler in the brief affair. New Spoiler forced Maggs to tap out in his Iron Claw finisher. Ref called for the bell.

New Spoiler kept the hold locked on as Maggs faded and was laid out on his back. Hart and Rogers stepped into the ring. New Spoiler released the hold and Maggs was in a daze. Hart then started jumping around and yelled at New Spoiler through his megaphone to re-apply the hold. New Spoiler locked Maggs in the claw once again. Maggs was squirming in the hold as New Spoiler applied excessive force with his claw. Crowd buzzing as Hart kept cheerleading New Spoiler. Ref tried to pry New Spoiler off the helpless Maggs, but Rogers stepped in, grabbed the ref and threw him over the top rope. Ref crashed to the floor.

Crowd popped as the Dynamite Kid, in street clothes but minus the title and trademark leather jacket, charged down to the ring and climbed in. New Spoiler released the hold and stood up and looked at Kid. Hart ordered New Spoiler to step back into the corner and New Spoiler did. Kid was ready to fight. Hart then said something in Rogers' ear and Rogers nodded in approval. Rogers removed his jacket, hat and sunglasses and tossed them aside. Hart urging on Rogers. Crowd on its feet.

Rogers raised his fists as Kid cautiously sized up the situation. Rogers gestured for Kid to bring it. Kid moved in and went to punch Rogers, but Rogers blocked the punch try and caught Kid with a series of uppercuts to the jaw. Kid staggered. Rogers gestured for Kid to come back for more. Kid moved in and Rogers grabbed Kid by the throat. Rogers looked out at the crowd with a sinister grin on his face and Kid responded by kicking Rogers square in the nuts. Rogers released his grip on Kid and spun around facing away from Kid. Kid backed up and moved in on Rogers and blasted Rogers with a dropkick to the back. The impact sent Rogers careening forward and Rogers fell through the top and middle rope and crashed to the floor as the crowd roared. Hart wildly gestured for New Spoiler to attack Kid. Kid up and New Spoiler jumped on Kid and started pounding away on the champ. New Spoiler whipped Kid into the ropes and looked to catch Kid coming off with a clothesline but Kid ducked the move and came back and pulverized New Spoiler with a spear. Crowd nearly blew the roof off the building. Kid popped to his feet and ripped of his t-shirt and threw it out of the ring and was fired up. New Spoiler down and hurting in the ring. Kid glared over at Hart and the crowd was now roaring at an ear-splitting level. Hart backed into the corner. Kid pointed at Hart. Fans roaring their approval for an assault on the 'Mouth of the South'.

Kid started to move with purpose towards Hart and Hart quickly bailed from the ring to the floor. Rogers still down on the floor. New Spoiler slowly recovering but still in pretty bad shape in the ring. Kid looked at his handiwork for a moment and then left the ring for the floor as the fans treated him like a conquering hero and were chanting: 'Dynamite! Dynamite!' as he made his way back up the aisle. Once on the entrance stage, Kid turned back as New Spoiler was getting up holding his gut as he still felt the effects of the spear. Hart frantic at ringside. Kid then disappeared to the back as the cheering for him continued.

WINNER: New Spoiler - Submission - Iron Claw - 2:50)

(Announcers discussed what just transpired between the Dynamite Kid (WC), the New Spoiler and Bubba Rogers. Hyped still to come: Non-Title: Dick Slater (AWA WC) vs. Paul Orndorff (If Orndorff wins, he gets an AWA World Title shot at 'Scars N Stripes'). Said Ric Flair and Harley Race make an appearance next!)

(Commercials)

(In-ring:

'Also Sprach Zarathustra' played and out came Ric Flair to a strong ovation. Flair was in street clothes and had a mic.

Flair climbed in the ring and did his famous strut.

'Turn The Page' by Bob Seeger played and out came Harley Race to a solid response. Race was in street clothes and had a mic. Race made his way to the ring and stepped in.

HR: "19 days, Ric. Just 19 days until our match at 'Scars N Stripes'."

RF: "I'm counting down the days until we step in between the ropes and lock up for the final time.

"Gotta ask this, Harley. You got any plans for your retirement yet?"

HR: "Not even thinking about it right now. I'm totally focused on the task at hand. And my match couldn't be in a more appropriate place than it is. St. Louis is my town. It's the place where I've had many of my greatest moments in this, the greatest sport in the world. St. Louis is like my unofficial hometown."

RF: "They might as well call St. Louis 'Harley Race City' on June 11th. That's how much you've meant to it. That's the impact on the sports scene that you've had there. In a business where knock-offs are a dime a dozen, Harley, you are one of a kind and can never be duplicated or replaced.

"You know I train hard. But I've stepped up my training for this match. We've had quite a few 60-minute battles against each other over the years. Gotta make sure I'm in peak condition and my stamina is better than ever."

HR: "I've been working out harder than I have in some time. I'm really pushing myself in on the weights, with the cardio and during sparring sessions. I want to be primed and ready when we wrestle. This is my last match. I want it to be memorable."

RF: "It will be memorable. I get chills just thinking about wrestling you one last time. All we've been through together and it comes down to this. And while we're both winners, I'm looking to send you out with a loss."

HR: "As I said last week, Ric, I wouldn't have it any other way. But, I want to go out with a victory in St. Louis. And the old Harley Race might just make an appearance from time-to-time during the match."

RF: "Harley, I wouldn't have it any other way! Whoo!"

Crowd responded to Flair.

HR: "Just think, we both know all the tricks of the trade. And it wouldn't be a Flair-Race match without some shenanigans coming into play."

RF: "Haha! You may be retiring! But it's gonna be like old times when that bell rings at 'Scars N Stripes'! And I love it!"

HR: "I couldn't have picked a better opponent for my last match. Ric, this is gonna be..."

Crowd booed as Larry Zbysko, in street clothes and holding a mic, came out and made his way to the ring.

LZ: "Hey! Hey!"

Zbysko climbed into the ring.

LZ: "Congratulations on your upcoming retirement, Harley! You've had a great career! And we've had our battles with each other, too!"

HR: "What do you want, Zbysko?"

LZ: "I just came out here to wish you a happy retirement. Can't I do that?"

HR: "You just did it. You can hit the bricks now."

LZ: "What? Why? I also came out here for another piece of business!

"Ric, the match with Harley is still three weeks away! So, before that happens, why don't you and I, both multi-time World Champions, have a match next week?!"

Crowd cheered.

RF: "Larry, you left out the 8-time World Champion!"

Flair pointed at Race.

LZ: "I didn't mention him because the only memory I have of Harley is when he was the special referee for our match at 'Season's Beatings' in 2015! He is the reason I lost the World Championship to you that day!

"You know what, Harley, I've changed my mind! Since you screwed me out of the World Title, I wish you nothing but misery in your retirement!"

HR: "I screwed you out of nothing, Larry! You were beaten clean! I called that match right down the middle!"

LZ: "You don't like me! Never have! So you were determined to see me lose that night! Congratulations, Harley! Mission accomplished!"

HR: "You come out here and interrupt us! You weren't invited! Get lost! Now!"

RF: "I've got an idea,.."

Craig Johnson climbed up on the apron with mic in hand.

CJ: "If I can have your attention! I just got word that the match-making committee has agreed to this match! It will take place next week right here on 'Mayhem'!"

Crowd cheered.

RF: "To finish the point I was making! How about making Harley Race the referee for the match! Whoo!"

Crowd cheered.

LZ: "No way! No way, man! He's not officiating a match I'm in ever again!"

HR: "I'd be honored to referee the match, Ric!"

RF: "Harley, you've got my vote to be the ref! What do these fans think?! Should Harley referee my match with Zbysko next week?!"

Crowd cheered loudly.

RF: "That seems to seal the deal!"

CJ: "I need your attention again! The match next week will have two referees! A regular sanctioned WCW referee will be the in-ring ref! And the outside referee will be...Harley Race!"

More cheering.

LZ: "You're out on the floor! That means it's not your job to affect the outcome of what goes on in the ring! You only deal with what goes on outside the ring! So you need to just mind your damn business during the match, man! You got that?!"

Zbysko poked Race in the shoulder.

HR: "I know what my job is, Zbysko! And I'll mind my damn business! But...you'd better mind yours as well! You got me?!"

Race poked Zbysko in the chest.

LZ: "Now you're creating a hostile work environment! I'm going to WCW's human resources department and see what I can do about this! Harley Race just assaulted me! You all saw it! This man poses a danger to my physical safety and he should not be allowed to be involved in my match with Flair next week!"

RF: "Listen, pal! He's one of the referees next week! Face it! And he's not gonna do anything to you! That's gonna be my job! Whoo!"

Zbysko said something off-mic to Race off-mic and Flair before leaving the ring and angrily heading back up the aisle while the fans cheered as Flair and Race looked on.)

(Announcers discussed the Flair-Zbysko match made for next week with Race acting as a referee. Said Dick Slater (AWC) vs. Paul Orndorff was next!)

(Commercials)

Race's Farewell Match: Harley Race vs. Ric Flair

5-on-4 Handicap Elimination Match: Sheik's Army vs. The Allies
    (The winning team gets to choose the stipulations for a future match involving members of the two teams!)

Open Contract Challenge: Davey Boy Smith & Mr. Anderson vs. ???
    (The mystery team will not be revealed until match time!)

WCW Presents: 'Scars N Stripes' - Sunday - June 11 - St. Louis, MO - Dome At America's Center - 8pm E/5pm P - Tickets on sale NOW!)

(Announcers hyped for next week on the program: Ric Flair vs. Larry Zbysko (w/ 2 referees: In-ring: WCW-sanctioned referee. On the floor: Harley Race); and Manny Fernandez of Los Lobos vs. Jimmy Snuka (WTTC). Then sent it to the ring.)

Match 3 (Non Title - If Orndorff wins, he gets an AWA World Title shot against Dick Slater at 'Scars N Stripes')
    'Dirty' Dick Slater (AWC) vs. 'Mr. Wonderful' Paul Orndorff

('There's No Easy Way Out' by Robert Tepper filled the arena and out came Orndorff to a strong ovation. Orndorff was in his red robe with black sleeves, red tights with 'Mr. #1derful' written on the back and red boots with white trim.

As Orndorff was walking down the aisle, Slater charged out of the back with title in hand and came up behind Orndorff and bashed Orndorff in the back of the head with the belt. Orndorff crashed to the floor holding the back of his head. Slater tossed the title and kicked the downed Orndorff a few times, peeled Orndorff off the floor and the threw Orndorff into the ring. Orndorff was getting to his feet still in his robe as Slater followed him in and blasted Orndorff with a series of uppercuts. Orndorff staggered away and was able to slide his robe off and it dropped to the mat.

Ref called for the bell.

Slater charged up behind Orndorff and drove a knee into Orndorff's back and Orndorff crashed front-first into the buckles. Slater rolled Orndorff up from behind for the quick pin while holding the tights. 1...2...thr... Orndorff kicked Slater off. Slater up as Orndorff was getting up and Slater moved in and reared back and popped Orndorff with a big right to the head. Orndorff staggered. Slater charged up behind Orndorff and nailed Orndorff with a forearm smash to the back. Orndorff stumbled forward into the ropes. Slater quickly climbed out on the apron and popped Orndorff with a neck snap on the top rope. Orndorff crashed to the mat holding his throat. Slater climbed back into the ring. Slater stomped Orndorff in the head, snapped Orndorff up, whipped Orndorff into the ropes and caught Orndorff coming off with a punch to the gut that doubled over Orndorff. Slater then went to hoist Orndorff up for the piledriver but Orndorff twice blocked the move and backdropped Slater to the mat. Orndorff stumbled forward and went down. Slater up and Orndorff up to a knee. Slater grabbed Orndorff and nailed Orndorff with a suplex. Slater then dropped an elbow smash across Orndorff's chest and went for the cover. 1...2... Orndorff kicked out. Slater snapped Orndorff up and went to whip Orndorff into the ropes but Orndorff reversed and caught Slater coming off with a tilt-a-whirl slam. Slater down. Orndorff down. Ref counting. Both men slowly made it to their feet and Slater went to punch Orndorff but Orndorff blocked the punch try and fired away on Slater with a series of head shots. Orndorff whipped Slater into the buckles and charged in and nailed Slater with a running clothesline. Slater staggered out of the corner and crashed to the mat. Orndorff briefly regained his bearings in the corner. Orndorff came out of the corner as Slater was getting up and Orndorff popped Slater with a high knee to the chest. Slater down again. Orndorff grabbed Slater's legs and and spun Slater around several times in the leg swing and let Slater go and Slater crashed to the mat. Orndorff quickly covered Slater and hooked the leg. 1...2... Slater kicked out.

Just then, a woman in a black and gold dress, black heels and wearing stylish black-framed glasses walked out on the entrance stage. She started writing things down on a notepad she had.

Madden: "That's Sherri Martel! What's she doing here?!"

Orndorff snapped Slater up and bodyslammed Slater. Orndorff looked over and saw Sherri and stopped dead in his tracks. Sherri saw Orndorff and gave a subtle wave. Orndorff had a puzzled look on his face and subtly waved back. Slater had made it to his feet and came up behind Orndorff and clubbed Orndorff with a double sledge to the back and then gave Orndorff an atomic drop. Orndorff down holding the goods. Now, it was Slater's turn to see Sherri on the entrance stage. Sherri gave a similar subtle wave to Slater and Slater appeared puzzled by her appearance as well. Slater snapped Orndorff up and nailed Orndorff with a gutwrench suplex. Slater quick stomped Orndorff and backed into the ropes and came off with a knee drop to the head that connected. Orndorff rolled over on his side grabbing his head. Slater stomped Orndorff in the back. Sherri still watching the action and writing things down on her notepad. Slater looked over again. Orndorff to his knees and Slater moved in to grab Orndorff but Orndorff caught Slater with a series of gut punches. Orndorff rose to his feet, drove Slater into the corner and nailed Slater with a series of shoulder blocks to the gut. Slater staggered out of the corner next to the ropes holding his gut. Orndorff caught Slater with a right to the side of the head. Slater against the ropes. Orndorff leaned Slater back and popped Slater with a series of forearm strikes to the chest. Slater holding his chest. Orndorff pulled Slater off the ropes, hoisted Slater over his shoulder and nailed Slater with a backbreaker drop. Orndorff for the cover and hooked the leg. 1...2...thr... Slater got a shoulder up. Crowd groaned. Orndorff briefly looked over at Sherri again and she looked down and continued making notes. Orndorff snapped Slater up and bodyslammed Slater. Orndorff mounted the middle buckle and came off with a knee drop but Slater rolled out of the way and Orndorff crashed knee-first to the mat. Both men down. Ref counting. Sherri intensely watching the action. Both men made it to their feet and Slater caught Orndorff with a kick to the gut followed by a neckbreaker. Orndorff down holding the back of his neck. Slater for the cover and hooked the leg. 1...2...thr... Orndorff kicked out. Slater up and stomped on Orndorff and then snapped Orndorff up and nailed Orndorff with a belly-to-back suplex followed by a fist drop to the head. Orndorff hurting and rolled over on his side. Slater dropped a trio of elbows into the side of Orndorff's ribs. Slater snapped Orndorff up and hoisted Orndorff up and blasted Orndorff with a piledriver. Slater looked over and pointed at Sherri and Sherri showed no reaction.

Slater dropped down and covered Orndorff and hooked the leg. 1...2...thr... Orndorff got a shoulder up. Crowd cheered. Sherri writing away on her notepad. Slater on his knees next to Orndorff and not happy. Slater got up, snapped Orndorff up, whipped Orndorff into the ropes and looked to catch Orndorff coming off with a clothesline but Orndorff ducked the move and came back and plowed through Slater with a flying shoulder tackle. Both men down. Ref counting. Sherri really attuned to the action. Both men slowly made it it to their feet and Slater had his arms raised and moved in and went to hit Orndorff with a double sledge to the top of the head when Orndorff caught Slater with a kick to the gut that doubled Slater over. Orndorff then hoisted Slater up, held him in the air for a moment and then blasted Slater with a piledriver. Fans went nuts. Orndorff covered Slater. 1...2...3! Ref called for the bell as the fans roared.

Shot of Sherri jotting down one last thing before she turned and disappeared to the back.

Orndorff sitting up and holding his neck next to the downed Slater. Orndorff slowly made it to his feet and the ref raised his hand in victory as the program faded to black.

WINNER: Orndorff - Pinfall - Piledriver - 9:23)

END PROGRAM

The saw is family!

Status

WCW Mayhem Ep. 110 Rating: 1.5

Underdog

Status

I’m curious whether the ratings is just a meaningless post, or whether you’ll be comparing that to any other potential competition???

Either way, rating seems pretty low.

The saw is family!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by stojy View Post
    I’m curious whether the ratings is just a meaningless post, or whether you’ll be comparing that to any other potential competition???

Either way, rating seems pretty low.
    I post my 'ratings' every week a couple of days after I post that weeks show. Just gives things a little more realistic feeling IMO. Also post a teaser for the upcoming episode a couple of days before posting the show.

I base the ratings on the nature of the business as it stands today. And it's a business in real life that appears to be in free fall. My rating is based on what I think a pretty solid #2 promotion would be doing at this time.

The saw is family!

Status

ON THE NEXT

WCW MAYHEM

ON TRU TV!

'Nature Boy' Ric Flair vs. 'Living Legend' Larry Zbysko
    (2 Referees: In-ring: Regular WCW-sanctioned referee - On the floor: Harley Race)

World Champion Dynamite Kid makes an appearance

Mr. Anderson and Davey Boy Smith make an appearance

Manny Fernandez of Los Lobos vs. 'Superfly' Jimmy Snuka (WTTC)

JUST SIGNED: Sgt. Slaughter (The Allies) vs. One Man Gang (Sheik's Army)

AWA World Champion 'Dirty' Dick Slater and 'Mr. Wonderful' Paul Orndorff make an appearance

An interview with Tru TV Champion 'Million Dollar' Bill

Another 'Scars N Stripes' PPV Update

AND MORE!!!

Show will be posted Thursday.

The saw is family!

Status

UP AND RUNNING!!!

The World Class Wrestling Archive is now posted.

The archive contains the first 107 episodes of Mayhem plus all PPVs, etc. that occurred during that time period.

Just click on the link:

worldclasswrestling.wordpress.com

NOTICE (June 28, 2017)

I have shut down the World Class Wrestling Archive blog (not this thread) due to lack of readers.

If you wish to read any or all past WCW shows, you can do so by visiting Grey Dog Software.

Older shows are in the TEW 2013 Dynasty section. Newer shows are in the TEW 2016 Dynasty section. In both sections, just look for the 'World Class Wrestling' thread.

Last edited by vadermania; 06-28-2017 at 07:17 PM.

The saw is family!

Status

WCW MAYHEM - EP. 111 -PORTLAND, ME - CROSS INSURANCE ARENA - 5-30-17 (Live)

(Cold open to the show as there were ambulances and police cars, all with lights flashing, in the back of the building.

Camera panned in on shot of four men being tended to by EMT's. The four men were the Allies. They were all on stretchers.

Sgt. Slaughter was bleeding and had the front of his shirt ripped open. Nord was also bleeding and had had his shirt torn off. Dan Spivey had his shirt ripped. Sid Vicious was sitting up on a stretcher as an EMT placed an ice bag on the side of his head.

Camera panned back.

SH: "This is Scott Hudson coming to you live from the back of the Cross Insurance Arena in Portland, ME where WCW 'Mayhem' is taking place tonight.

"As you can see behind me, the Allies have been attacked.

"With me now is a witness to the attack. Can you give us your name,sir?"

Witness: "Mark Smith."

SH: "Mark, can you tell us what you saw?"

MS: "Yeah. I had come back here to see if I could get some autographs from some of the wrestlers as they entered the building.

"I saw the Allies pull up in the parking lot and get out of their car and start walking towards the building.

"As they got near that door over there to enter the building, the Sheik's Army appeared out of seemingly nowhere and ambushed them."

SH: "Judging from what we're seeing it was a brutal attack."

MS: "It was. Never seen anything like it in my life. The Allies didn't stand a chance as you can tell."

SH: "Thank you for your time, Mark."

Mark nodded and walked out of the picture.

SH: "Can we get an EMT over here? Can we get an EM..."

EMT walked into the picture. In the background, other EMT's continued working on the wounded.

SH: "Can you give us an update on the status of the Allies? Do you know the extent of any of their injuries?"

EMT: "We don't know how serious any of the injuries are yet. They're all gonna be taken to the hospital for examination."

SH: "We know they were attacked. Have any of them said anything about the assault?"

EMT: "The information we've gathered so far is that the Allies were walking into the building and were caught off-guard. The victims were all carrying things like travel bags and drinks and the surprise nature of the attack basically left them defenseless. It was apparently a very one-sided fight.

"After the assault, the attackers made a quick exit.

"When we arrived here at the scene, the Allies were all laid out, for lack of a better term. They were all down on the ground and pretty beaten up as you can tell."

SH: "Thank you for the update."

EMT: "Thank you."

Shot of Slaughter being loaded into the back of an ambulance on a stretcher.

SH: "You can see they're loading Sgt. Slaughter into the ambulance. The other three members of the Allies are gonna be taken to the hospital as well to get checked out to see if there are any more serious injuries. Let's hope that isn't the case.

"The war between the Allies and the Army has now escalated to the point that the violence is spilling out of the arena. I shudder to think where this might all end up.

"We'll be keeping you updated on this developing situation throughout the program.")

(Announcers Tony Schiavone and Mark Madden discussed the brutal assault on the Allies by the Army out behind the arena. The announcers then pointed out that a match between Sgt. Slaughter and One Man Gang had been signed over the weekend but would obviously not be taking place tonight. They then ran down the rest of the program: Ric Flair vs. Larry Zbysko (2 Referees: In-ring: WCW-sanctioned Ref; On the floor: Harley Race; World Champion Dynamite Kid makes an appearance; 'Million Dollar' Bill makes an appearance; Manny Fernandez of Los Lobos vs. Jimmy Snuka (WTTC); Paul Orndorff and Dick Slater make an appearance; Mr. Anderson and Davey Boy Smith are here; and more!)

(Commercials)

(VIDEO:

Tuesday - June 27 - Billings, MT - Rimrock Auto Arena @ MetraPark - WCW Mayhem

(Announcers intro'd video from the end of the Million Dollar Challenge match last week between 'Million Dollar' Bill Irwin and brother Scott.

VIDEO:

Bill moved in and started to lock Scott into position for his Elitist (cobra clutch slam) finisher but Scott slipped free of Bill's grasp and Scott caught Bill with a kick to the gut followed by a series of head shots and then a discus elbow to the side of the head. Bill crashed to the mat. Scott snapped Bill up and went to whip Bill into the ropes but Bill reversed and looked to catch Scott coming off with a backdrop but Scott turned it into a sunset flip try. Bill fought not to be flipped. Ref dropped down and was looking at Scott's shoulders when Bill reached into the front of his tights, pulled out a foreign object and blasted Scott in the head with a foreign object-laden punch. Scott flatlined in the ring. Bill dropped down and covered Scott and Bill had the object concealed in his right hand which was down by his leg. 1...2...3! Ref called for the bell as the fans booed lustily.)

CJ: "Welcome to 'Mayhem'! I'm Craig Johnson!

"We are coming to you from the beautiful Portland, Maine!"

Crowd cheered.

CJ: "We just saw the stunning, unexpected opening on the program tonight. We're all wishing the best for the Allies after a violent attack at the hands of the Sheik's Army. Scott Hudson is gonna have updates throughout the program.

"Would you welcome my guest at this time. He is the reigning Tru TV Champion and still has his million dollars in Battle Royal winnings after he defeated his brother Scott in the Million Dollar Challenge last week...'Million Dollar' Bill!"

'Money' by Pink Floyd played and out came 'Million Dollar' Bill to strong boos. Bill was in an expensive suit, white dress shirt, no tie, dress shoes and wearing designer glasses with smoked lenses. He had the TV Title slung over his left shoulder and was carrying the briefcase with his Battle Royal winnings in his right hand. Bill made his way to the ring and climbed in and walked around for a moment holding both the TV Title and briefcase aloft to more boos.

CJ: "'Million Dollar' Bill, you may have retained your million dollars last week in your match with Scott. But you did it in controversial fashion."

MDB: "I did not win the match in a controversial manner, Johnson! I beat Scott because I was simply the better man! I told the people there was no way I was gonna let Scott beat me, take a million dollars of my money that I earned and give it to the undeserving through charities! I'm a man of my word! That this briefcase is still in my possession proves that!"

CJ: "You pulled a foreign object out of your tights and hit Scott with it! Come on, Bill!"

MDB: "Did you see a foreign object in my hand?! Did you?!"

CJ: "Well...no!"

MDB: "There you go then!"

CJ: "What did you reach into the front of your tights for?!"

MDB: "I was adjusting myself!"

CJ: "What?!"

MDB: "You heard me! Something had, ahem, gotten a little out of place down there so I adjusted it!"

CJ: "That's absurd! Do you think these people believe that?!"

MDB: "They can believe what they want! That's what happened because I said so and that's all that matters, man!"

CJ: "Moving on. After the match, you said you were finished with your brother Scott. You were never going to have anything to do with him again because you finally beat him. Have you had a change of heart?"

MDB: "No, I have not! Scott is persona non grata in my life! He's dead to me now! Scott could have been an anchor for me when it came to living the elite high-life that I now enjoy! But there was no way I was about to let that happen!"

Tony Garea of the championship committee came to the ring to very little crowd response.

CJ: "It's Tony Garea..."

Garea climbed into the ring.

MDB: "What do you want, Garea?! Why are you out here?!"

TG: "Bill..."

MDB: "That's 'Million Dollar' Bill to you son!"

TG: "I just came out here to say that you will be defending the Tru TV Championship at 'Scars N Stripes'."

MDB: "That's great news! Another scalp to add to my wall of defeated challengers for the belt! I'll put it right next to the ones of Ric Flair, Paul Orndorff, Bob Orton, Tom Zenk. Wait? Am I facing Orton or Zenk again?"

TG: "No."

MDB: "Who am I facing then?"

TG: "We know that you used a foreign object to defeat your brother Scott last week to keep the million dollars."

MDB: "I told you...I was adjusting my junk!"

TG: "Do you really think that we believe you?"

MDB: "Just tell me who I'm facing at 'Scars N Stripes'! Wait... Aw no! Hell no! I'm done with him! I made that clear last week!"

TG: "You will defend the Tru TV Championship against your brother Scott in St. Louis or we will strip you of the title and suspend you!"

Crowd cheered.

MDB: "You can't do this to me! Do you know who I am?!"

TG: "Yes, unfortunately, I do. See you in St. Louis."

Garea turned and left the ring and headed back up the aisle. Bill was pissed.

MDB: "I was finished with my brother! And now the powers that be in WCW have decided to stick it to me! I have to deal with my brother one more time! This is bullcrap! But I want everyone of you to know that when I defeat Scott at 'Scars N Stripes', it will be the LAST time I ever deal with him! I guarantee it!"

Bill stormed out of the ring and headed back up the aisle to boos.

CJ: "It will be 'Million Dollar' Bill vs. brother Scott Irwin, this time with the Tru TV Title on the line at 'Scars N Stripes'! We'll see what happens!

"Tony and Mark, back to you!")

(Announcers discussed 'Million Dollar' Bill having to defend the Tru TV Championship against brother Scott at 'Scars N Stripes'.)

(Announcers then said that since Scott Hudson had followed the injured Allies to the hospital there was no one to conduct backstage interviews. Then sent it back to the locker room for a promo.)

(Backstage:

Larry Zbysko was standing in the locker room in his ring attire with mic in hand.

LZ: "There are those who want to see a major travesty of justice carried out against the 'Living Legend'. But I'm not gonna let that happen.

"Last week, Harley Race put his hand on me! By doing so, he created a hostile work environment for yours truly! And yet he still gets to be one of the two referees in my match with Ric Flair tonight! I appealed my case to WCW's human resources department! And you know what?! They laughed at me! I was appalled! You don't laugh at a legend!

"So, I've got to keep an eye on the sadistic brute Harley Race outside the ring while wrestling Ric Flair! The deck is stacked against me! But, I have a plan.

"I have a PHD in Ring Psychology 101 and it will be on full display tonight. Sometimes, you have to fight fire with fire. You might wanna watch this match wearing a flame retardant outfit. Because it will be Ric Flair and his retiring buddy Race who are gonna get burned.")

(Announcers hyped still come: A report from the hospital from Scott Hudson and Manny Fernandez vs. Jimmy Snuka were coming up after the break.)

(Commercials)

(Announcer Tony Schiavone talked to Scott Hudson via phone from the hospital.

TS: "We are back on 'Mayhem'.

"Scott Hudson is at the hospital and he is with us on the phone right now.

"Scott, can you hear me?"

SH: "Yes I can, Tony."

TS: "Can you give us an update on the Allies right now?"

SH: "Well, I am back in the area where they tend to patients in the ER. Right now, all four are still being examined by the doctors and staff as we speak. We know that Sgt. Slaughter and Nord The Barbarian, who were left bloody by the Army's assault, are gonna have MRI's done on their heads to see if there is further damage other than just their heads being busted open. The Skyscrapers are pretty battered and bruised as well. And more tests will be run on them also.

"I'll let you guys know when more information becomes available."

TS: "That was Scott Hudson reporting live from the hospital. He'll be back with another update later in the program.")

Match 1
    'Raging Bull' Manny Fernandez w/ Tito Santana vs. 'Superfly' Jimmy Snuka (WTTC) w/ Don Muraco (WTTC)

(Theme from the original 'Hawaii Five-O' played and out came Jimmy Snuka and Don Muraco to mainly boos but also some cheers. Snuka was in his tiger stripe tights, traditional Fijian headband and flip-flops. He had his tag title around his waist. Muraco was in street clothes and had his tag title slung over his shoulder. The pair made their way to the ring and climbed in and were all business.

'Will The Wolf Survive' by the band Los Lobos played and out came the team of Los Lobos. Manny Fernandez was wearing a silver satin vest with a wolf's head on the back bracketed by the words 'Los Lobos', black and red tights and black and red boots. Tito was in street clothes. The pair slapped hands with fans on the way to the ring and climbed in and acknowledged the crowd.

Ref took both Muraco's and Snuka's tag titles and handed them off to Craig Johnson.

Muraco then demanded the ring mic from Johnson and got it.

DM: "You know, a lot of the things I say are pretty funny. Even the white trash laughs at some of the stuff I say even though it's directed at them. That shows how stupid they are.

"But I'm not being funny now...

"When you two Taco Bells kidnapped Jimmy from ringside during a match I was having a few weeks back, well, that wasn't cool. I've promised payback against you two for what you did. You had no business being anywhere near that ring when I was wrestling. Did you confuse the ring for the border? Is that why you came out?

"Tonight, the payback starts. This will not be the end by any means. It's just the start of a long, painful learning process for you guys."

Muraco had final words with Snuka and Tito had final words with Manny before Muraco and Tito left for the floor.

Ref called for the bell.

Snuka and Manny circled one another with fists raised and Snuka swung at Manny and Manny dodged the punch try and fired back on Snuka with a series of head and body shots that drove Snuka against the ropes. Manny whipped Snuka into the ropes and caught Snuka coming off with a backdrop. Manny pulled Snuka up by the hair, reared back and popped Snuka with a right to the head. Snuka crashed to the mat and quickly rolled out of the ring and dropped to the floor. Snuka went over and started talking with Muraco as Tito climbed up on the apron and started talking with Manny. Snuka climbed back into the ring. Tito dropped back to the floor. Snuka and Manny circled one another and engaged in a collar-and-elbow tie-up and Manny caught Snuka in a side headlock and Snuka countered with a belly-to-back suplex. Snuka up and snapped Manny up, whipped Manny into the ropes and caught Manny coming off with a backhand to the face. Manny went down but quickly got up and staggered off holding his face. Snuka grabbed Manny and dropped Manny with a jumping headbutt. Snuka stomped Manny in the back. Snuka picked up Manny and bodyslammed him and then Snuka went for a diving headbutt but Manny rolled out of the way and Snuka slammed head-first into the mat. Both men down. Manny up and grabbed Snuka, whipped Snuka into the ropes and caught Snuka coming off with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. Manny covered Snuka. 1....2... Snuka kicked out. Manny snapped Snuka up and whipped Snuka into the corner. Manny charged in on Snuka and Snuka moved and Manny slammed front-first into the buckles. Manny bounced out of the corner and went down as Snuka briefly regained his bearings. Manny got to all fours and Snuka stomped Manny in the side of the head. Snuka snapped Manny up and popped him with another jumping headbutt but Snuka held onto Manny's hair and Manny stayed on his feet as Snuka hit Manny with a second jumping headbutt. Snuka let Manny go and Manny crumpled to the mat. Snuka covered Manny and hooked the leg. 1...2... Manny kicked out. Snuka snapped Manny up and went to whip Manny into the ropes but Manny reversed and caught Snuka coming off with a dropkick. Snuka crashed to the mat.

Manny moved in and grabbed Snuka's legs and turned Snuka over into the Texas cloverleaf submission. Fernandez's head by the ropes. As the ref was checking to see if Snuka submitted, Muraco snuck over and nailed Manny with a couple of head shots behind the ref's back. Manny lost his grip on the hold. Tito charged over on the floor and jumped on Muraco and started pounding away on him and the two started brawling at ringside as the fans cheered. Snuka and Manny to their feet and Snuka nailed Manny with a series of head shots. Snuka whipped Manny into the ropes and caught Manny coming off with a backhand chop to the face. Manny crashed to the mat and rolled over. Tito and Muraco now fighting in the aisle. Snuka circled around behind Manny as Manny slowly made it to his feet. Snuka came up behind Manny and went for the backstabber but Manny grabbed the top rope and Snuka crashed to the mat. Snuka up and Manny caught Snuka with a trio of head shots, whipped Snuka into the ropes and caught Snuka coming off with a forearm smash to the head (the Axe). Snuka crashed to the mat. Crowd popped. Muraco and Tito now fighting on the entrance stage. Manny covered Snuka and hooked the leg. 1...2...3! Ref called for the bell as the crowd roared.

Tito and Muraco had fought to the back.

Manny let go of Snuka and Snuka was laying helplessly on the mat as the ref raised Manny's hand in victory. Manny briefly shook out the effects of the match.

Manny looked around and wondered where Tito and Muraco were. Ref pointed to the back. Manny quickly left the ring and power-walked back up the aisle and quickly disappeared to the back.

WINNER: Fernandez - Pinfall - Forearm Smash to the head - 5:09)

(Announcers discussed Manny beating Snuka. Then sent it backstage.)

(Backstage:

Ric Flair was standing in the locker room in his tights and boots and had a mic.

RF: "Whoo! Larry Zbysko, brother, you're gonna have a second pair of eyes on you tonight during our match! And those are the eyes of Harley Race!

"I know you, Zbysko! Know you like I know myself! We've had several battles here in WCW! And we know that we can be two of the dirtiest players in the game! And we're proud of that fact!

"But I'm facing Harley in his retirement match in 12 days! I have every intention of going into that match in the best shape of my career! You try anything sneaky tonight that could affect my health, just know this, Harley wants to face me at the top of my game! And he's gonna be laser-focused on you! He will not stand for any of your underhanded tactics that could threaten his farewell match at 'Scars N Stripes'! Just keep that in mind when we walk that aisle!

"So Zbysko, you just remember this! It's you and me in the main event! You call yourself the living legend! Prove it and beat me on your own merits brother! Whoo!")

(Announcers hyped still to come: Ric Flair vs. Larry Zbysko (2 Referees: In-ring: WCW-sanctioned Ref; On the floor: Harley Race; World Champion Dynamite Kid makes an appearance; Mr. Anderson and Davey Boy Smith are here; and more! Said Paul Orndorff and Dick Slater (AWC) make an appearance; and another report from the hospital were next!)

(Commercials)

(In-ring:

Coming back from the break, Mr. Anderson and Davey Boy Smith were in the ring and walking around soaking in the boos. Each man had a mic and was in street clothes.

MA: "We're just 12 days away from the Davey Boy Smith-Mr. Anderson open match challenge at 'Scars N Stripes'!

"Remember, we won't know who our opponents will be until the match!"

DBS: "We don't know if anyone has grown a set and even signed the contract yet! But we'll be there! You can bank on that!"

MA: "Davey, I just had a thought."

DBS: "What is it, mate?"

MA: "What if no one is brave enough to sign the contract to wrestle us? I mean, that could happen. We could just be standing in the ring in St. Louis and no comes out to face us. Then what would we do?"

DBS: "Oh! It may very well happen! Wrestlers are known to shake in their boots when they have to step in the ring against Anderson and Smith."

MA: "Are you saying that we're so good as a team that other teams just don't want to risk the humiliation of losing to their betters?"

DBS: "That's it in a nutshell."

MA: "Well, the fans are just gonna have to pony up $40 bucks for the pay-per-view to see what happens."

DBS: "Maybe we'll have to drag a couple of jabronis out of the stands to wrestle."

MA: "That would be, like, soooooooooooooooooo fun! I'd love to beat up some fans! They deserve it!"

Crowd booed.

DBS: "We may have to bring a waiver for the victims...I mean fans...to sign if it comes to that."

MA: "Hmmm... You're right. That's a good..."

Rob Russen of the match-making committee walked out on the entrance stage with a document in hand. He had a mic and was in a suit.

RR: "Mr. Anderson and Davey Boy Smith. May I have your attention for a moment?"

Anderson and Smith looked over.

MA: "Let me guess. You're out here to tell us that no one has signed the contract yet. Well, some team out there..."

RR: "Uh, wrong. A team has signed the contract. Almost as soon as you threw out the challenge they wanted the match. They signed it the next day."

Crowd cheered.

DBS: "You gonna give us a hint as to who it is?"

RR: "No. No. No. You made it clear that you don't want to know who it is until your match at 'Scars N Stripes'. No hints coming. You'll just have to wait and see."

MA: "They signed it the day after the challenge was issued, huh?"

RR: "Yep."

MA: "I'm kinda surprised it was that quick.

"Well, at least one team out there has the guts to get in the ring with us. Not that they're gonna like the end result."

RR (inhaled deeply): "I'll just say good luck, gentlemen. These guys know their stuff."

Anderson and Smith talked briefly off-mic.

MA: "We're not gonna need any luck! Not with our dazzling array of wrestling skills! No worries!"

DBS: "Yeah! No worries!"

Russen disappeared to the back as Anderson and Smith talked off-mic with each other in the ring.)

(Announcers discussed a team signing the open contract to face Anderson and Smith at 'Scars N Stripes'. Said that Smith and Anderson, though they tried not to show it, seemed somewhat concerned the contract was signed so fast.)

(Hospital Report:

Tony Schiavone again spoke with Scott Hudson who was at the hospital.

TS: "We've got another update from Scott Hudson, who is speaking to us via phone from the hospital.

"Scott, what's the latest?"

SH: "I've got a little good news to report guys.

"They have run concussion tests on all four men and none appear to be showing any signs of a brain injury from the attack. But, they're still not out of the woods yet. There are more tests to be run on the Allies. This is gonna take a while. The beating from the Army was pretty severe. Doctors are still needing to check out the guys for other possible injuries. As you saw earlier tonight, Nord and Sgt. Slaughter were busted open pretty good in the ambush.

"But that's the info we have right now. I'll have more from here as things develop."

TS: "Thank you, Scott. We hope the Allies can make a full and quick recovery. It's clear that we won't know the full extent of the injuries before we go off the air. For updates, please visit the WCW website.")

(Announcers then briefly discussed the matter and sent it back to the ring.)

(In-ring:

'There's No Easy Way Out' played and out came Paul Orndorff to a solid ovation. Orndorff was in street clothes and had a mic. Orndorff slapped hands with fans on the way to the ring and climbed in and walked around.

'Music-only version of "The Crunge' played and out came AWA World Champion Dick Slater to loud boos. Slater was in street clothes and had the AWA belt slung over his shoulder. He had a mic. Slater made his way to the ring and climbed in.

The two men walked around the ring eyeing each other.

DS: "Well, 'Mr. Wonderful', you beat me last week. But you're not beating me at 'Scars N Stripes'."

PO: "Is that so, Dicky? I own two victories over you now in case you've forgotten. What makes you think I won't be going 3-for-3 when we meet again in two weeks?"

DS: "I went to Australia and won this title and had to defend it every single night on the tour after I won it! When this is on the line then I'm at my best in the ring! This is a World Championship! I like being a World Champion! I have no intention of my title run ending anytime soon...especially at your hands! I'll be damned if I'm gonna let that happen! I'd rather lose this belt to someone like Mario Mancini!"

PO: "One thing I've never been in all my years in this sport is the World Champion!"

DS: "And it's still gonna be that way after 'Scars N Stripes'! Paul Orndorff...perpetual challenger!"

PO: "The World Title is the hardest belt to win in our sport! This is what you work for from the day you enter this business as an opening match guy! You pay your dues and work your way up the card! This is the dream of every wrestler! And I'm gonna make the dream come true in St. Louis!"

Crowd cheered.

DS: "Yap! Yap! Yap! Spare us the inspirational but meaningless speeches about a 'dream'! The only dream you're gonna have in 12 days is after I drive your head into the mat and put your lights out with my front Russian legsweep finisher!"

PO: "Listen here you no good son of a..."

Orndorff stopped talking and looked over at the entrance stage.

Madden: "Sherri Martel is back!"

Martel was standing on the stage. She was in a red dress, red heels and red frame designer glasses. She also had her notepad and pen. She was looking on.

DS: "What's Sherri Martel doing out here again?!

"Orndorff! Are you and her working together?! Is this some sort of collusion?!"

PO: "I don't know why she's here! Maybe you're conspiring with her! Maybe you're working some sort of angle together! But she sure as hell is not with me!"

Martel was now writing down notes.

DS: "She's not with me! She has to be working on behalf of one of us! And that would be you! She's not my type!"

PO: "Nope! I don't have anything to do with this! But I find it odd that she has shown up two weeks in a row when we're out here! If she's with anybody it's you, Dick! There's no other reason she's out here!"

Sherri now just watching Orndorff and Slater from the stage.

DS: "If Sherri was with me then she'd be standing in this ring next to me right now!"

PO: "And if she was with me she'd being doing the same thing! I know you! They don't call you 'Dirty' Dick for nothing! There's something going on here and you've got to be behind it!"

DS: "How many times do I have to tell you, Orndorff?! I don't why she's here!"

Sherri now taking more notes and occasionally looking up.

PO: "I'm gonna get to the bottom of this!

"Sherri, come down here and explain yourself!"

Sherri looked up from her notepad but didn't budge.

PO: "Come on! Get down here and tell us what's going on!"

After several tense seconds, Sherri turned and disappeared to the back.

PO: "I have no doubt she's with you now!"

DS: "You're the one who told her to come down here and she left instead! This is some kind of swerve! She walks off without explaining herself and you try to make it look like you wanted answers as to why she keeps stalking us when you already know the reason she's here!"

PO: "What kind of logic is that?!"

DS: "I'll tell ya, Orndorff! It's the logic of.... Never mind! I'm outta here! You and her are in some sort of cahoots!"

Slater angrily tossed his mic and left the ring and headed back up the aisle to boos.

PO: "I'm gonna get to the bottom of this, Slater! You're a slippery character! If one of us has anything to do with Sherri it's you!")

(Announcers talked about Sherri Martel coming out for the second week in a row and watching Slater and Orndorff and then walking off without explaining why she's watching them and Orndorff and Slater accusing each other of being in some sort of conspiracy with her. Said the World Champion Dynamite Kid is here next!)

(Commercials)

(Announcers intro'd video from last week of the confrontation between Dynamite Kid (WC) and The New Spoiler and Bubba Rogers.

VIDEO:

New Spoiler kept the hold locked on as Maggs faded and was laid out on his back. Hart and Rogers stepped into the ring. New Spoiler released the hold and Maggs was in a daze. Hart then started jumping around and yelled at New Spoiler through his megaphone to re-apply the hold. New Spoiler locked Maggs in the claw once again. Maggs was squirming in the hold as New Spoiler applied excessive force with his claw. Crowd buzzing as Hart kept cheerleading New Spoiler. Ref tried to pry New Spoiler off the helpless Maggs, but Rogers stepped in, grabbed the ref and threw him over the top rope. Ref crashed to the floor.

Crowd popped as the Dynamite Kid, in street clothes but minus the title and trademark leather jacket, charged down to the ring and climbed in. New Spoiler released the hold and stood up and looked at Kid. Hart ordered New Spoiler to step back into the corner and New Spoiler did. Kid was ready to fight. Hart then said something in Rogers' ear and Rogers nodded in approval. Rogers removed his jacket, hat and sunglasses and tossed them aside. Hart urging on Rogers. Crowd on its feet.

Rogers raised his fists as Kid cautiously sized up the situation. Rogers gestured for Kid to bring it. Kid moved in and went to punch Rogers, but Rogers blocked the punch try and caught Kid with a series of uppercuts to the jaw. Kid staggered back. Rogers gestured for Kid to come back for more. Kid moved in and Rogers grabbed Kid by the throat. Rogers looked out at the crowd with a sinister grin on his face and Kid responded by kicking Rogers square in the nuts. Rogers released his grip on Kid and spun around holding his goods and facing away from Kid. Kid backed up and charged in on Rogers and blasted Rogers with a dropkick to the back. The impact sent Rogers careening forward and Rogers fell through the top and middle rope and crashed to the floor as the crowd roared. Hart wildly gestured for New Spoiler to attack Kid. Kid up and New Spoiler jumped on Kid and started pounding away on the champ. New Spoiler whipped Kid into the ropes and looked to catch Kid coming off with a clothesline but Kid ducked the move and came back and pulverized New Spoiler with a spear. Crowd nearly blew the roof off the building. Kid popped to his feet and ripped of his t-shirt and threw it out of the ring and was fired up. New Spoiler down and hurting in the ring. Kid glared over at Hart and the crowd was now roaring at an ear-splitting level. Hart backed into the corner. Kid pointed at Hart. Fans roaring their approval for an assault on the 'Mouth of the South'.

Kid started to move with purpose towards Hart and Hart quickly bailed from the ring to the floor.
    )

(In-ring:

'London Calling' played and out came World Champion Dynamite Kid to a loud ovation. He was in street clothes, minus the leather jacket and had the World Title slung over his shoulder. He had a mic.

Kid made his way to the ring and climbed in and walked around for a moment as the crowd chanted: 'Dynamite! Dynamite!'

DK: "Last week was payback for what the New Spoiler did to me two weeks ago! And I have to admit that spearing him felt real, real good!"

Crowd cheered.

DK: "And it's gonna feel even better when I spear him in our World Title match at 'Scars N Stripes'!"

More cheers.

DK: "And dropkicking Jimmy Hart's security thug Bubba Rogers out of the ring was pretty sweet, too!"

Crowd eating it up.

DK: "If only I could have gotten my hands on their scummy manager Jimmy Hart and completed the triple play last week! Who knows?! Hart might get what he so richly deserves at 'Scars N Stripes'!"

Crowd booed as the New Spoiler, in his ring attire, came charging down the aisle.

DK: "I can't tell you..."

Kid turned an saw New Spoiler climbing into the ring. Kid dropped the belt and the mic as New Spoiler charged at Kid. The two engaged in a wild punch exchange as the fans roared. Kid got the upper hand on New Spoiler and dropped New Spoiler with a European uppercut. New Spoiler crashed to the mat and rolled out of the ring and dropped to his feet on the floor and started walking back up the entrance aisle as Kid bolted the ring for the floor and charged up behind New Spoiler and tackled New Spoiler to the ground. Fans going wild. Kid got on top of New Spoiler and started hitting New Spoiler with head shots. Kid peeled New Spoiler off the floor and went to whip New Spoiler into barricade but New Spoiler reversed and sent Kid crashing front-first into the barricade. Kid leaned against the barricade. New Spoiler quickly regained his bearings and slammed Kid's chest into the top of the barricade twice. Kid staggered off grabbing his chest and New Spoiler came up behind Kid and dropped the champ at the foot of the entrance stage with a forearm smash to the back. New Spoiler grabbed Kid and pulled Kid up onto the entrance ramp. Kid on his hands and knees. New Spoiler slammed Kid's head into the steel ramp three times. Kid rolled over on his back holding his head. New Spoiler snapped up Kid and threw Kid onto the entrance stage. Crowd chanting Kid's name. New Spoiler slowly moved in on Kid as Kid started getting to his feet and was bent over. Kid caught New Spoiler with a punch to the gut that stunned New Spoiler. Kid then blasted New Spoiler with a punch to the head. New Spoiler staggered back. Kid moved in and caught New Spoiler with another deliberate head shot. New Spoiler staggered back some more. Kid then charged at New Spoiler and New Spoiler caught Kid with a backdrop. Kid crashed to the stage floor. New Spoiler quickly regained his bearings, snapped Kid up and threw Kid head-first into the stage wall. Kid spun around and New Spoiler reared back and nailed Kid with a head shot. New Spoiler then went to pop Kid with another head shot but Kid blocked the punch try and fired away on New Spoiler with a trio of European uppercuts. Kid then repaid New Spoiler and threw New Spoiler head-first into the stage wall. New Spoiler staggered off as Kid quickly pulled himself together as best he could and went over and jumped on New Spoiler and he and the New Spoiler started exchanging more punches as they fought off the stage to the back as the fans roared.)

(Announcers discussed the brawl between New Spoiler and Dynamite Kid (WC). Said Ric Flair vs. Larry Zbysko w/ 2 refs - one being Harley Race on the floor - was coming up next!)

(Announcers then sent it backstage.)

(Backstage:

Harley Race was standing in the referee's dressing room. Race was in ref's attire. He had a mic.

HR: "I'm a fair man and will do my job in a completely impartial fashion tonight.

"Larry Zbysko, if you wrestle a clean match against Ric Flair, then you have nothing to worry about. But if you decide to behave like, well, Larry Zbysko, and try to do anything that could in any way threaten my retirement match with Ric Flair at 'Scars N Stripes', I will make you pay for it.")

(Commercials)

Race's Farewell Match: Harley Race vs. Ric Flair

5-on-4 Handicap Elimination Match: Sheik's Army vs. The Allies
    (The winning team gets to choose the stipulations for a future match involving members of the two teams!)

Open Contract Challenge: Davey Boy Smith & Mr. Anderson vs. ???
    (The mystery team will not be revealed until match time!)

AWA World Championship Match: 'Dick Slater (AWC) vs. Paul Orndorff

Tru TV Championship: 'Million Dollar' Bill (TVC) vs. Scott Irwin

Match 2 (2 Referees - In-ring: A regular WCW-sanctioned Official - On the floor: Harley Race)
    'Nature Boy' Ric Flair vs. 'Living Legend' Larry Zbysko

(The regular WCW-sanctioned official made his way to the ring to little crowd response and climbed in.

'Turn The Page' by Bob Seeger played and out came Harley Race to a good ovation. Race was in the zebra-striped ref shirt, black pants and black shoes. Race made his way to the ring and climbed in.

'I'm The Man' played and out came Larry Zbysko to strong boos. Zbysko was in his black ring jacket with 'Living Legend' written in gold lettering on the back, black tights and black boots with 'LZ' in gold lettering on the outside of each boot.

Zbysko made his way to the ring and climbed in and walked right up to Race and started jawing at Race and Race joined the verbal battle.

'Also Sprach Zarathustra' played and out came Ric Flair to a solid ovation. Flair was in his green robe with 'Nature Boy' written across the back, green tights and green boots with 'RF' in white lettering on the outside of each boot.

Race briefly talked with the in-ring ref and then started to head out of the ring when Zbysko fired one last verbal shot at him. Race looked over at Zbysko for a few seconds and then left the ring and dropped to the floor.

In-ring ref called for the bell.

The two men came out of their corners and Flair yelled 'Whoo!' and the crowd returned the call. The two men locked up in a collar-and-elbow tie-up and struggled for an advantage before Zbysko drove Flair against the ropes to force a break in the hold. Zbysko raised his hands in the air and backed off. Flair moved away from the ropes and Zbysko went to kick Flair in the gut but Flair caught Zbysko's foot. Flair chuckled as Zbysko begged off.Flair spun Zbysko completely around and then blasted Zbysko with a stiff chest chop and Zbysko crashed to the mat. Zbysko quickly got to his feet and lunged at Flair and Flair moved and then laid into Zbysko with a trio of chest chops, whipped Zbysko into the ropes and caught Zbysko coming off with a high backdrop. Flair snapped Zbysko up and whipped Zbysko into the ropes but Zbysko grabbed the top rope and bailed from the ring to the floor as the crowd booed. Ref ordered Flair to stand back and Flair did so. Ref started the 20-count as Zbysko paced around on the floor. Zbysko walked over to Race on the floor and started yelling at Race as the count grew. Race told and gestured for Zbysko to get back in the ring. Zbysko had a few more words for Race and then shoved Race. Race raised his fists. Flair bolted the ring and dropped to the floor and came up behind Zbysko, spun Zbysko around and laid into Zbysko with a few more chest chops. Flair then slammed Zbysko's head twice into the top of the ringside barricade. Zbysko staggered off. Ref counting. Flair grabbed Zbysko and went to whip Zbysko into the ring post but Zbysko reversed and Flair slammed shoulder-first into the post. Ref counting. Flair standing on the floor holding his left shoulder. Zbysko moved in on Flair and slammed Flair's head into the ring apron. Flair down to a knee. Zbysko quickly rolled in and out of the ring to break the 20-count. Flair got to his feet and Zbysko popped Flair with a head shot followed by a spin kick to the chest that sent Flair crashing to the floor. Zbysko turned and had a few more words for Race.

Zbysko picked up on a mic:

LZ: "This is for you, Harley!"

Zbysko snapped Flair up and drove Flair back first-into the ring apron. Ref counting. Zbysko kicked Flair in the gut and threw Flair into the ringside barricade and Flair crumpled to the floor. Zbysko quickly rolled in and out of the ring to break the 20-count.

Zbysko picked up on a mic again saying something to Race:

LZ: "Your boy's going down tonight!"

Flair to his knees and Zbysko reached down and started pulling Flair up when Flair grabbed Zbysko around the waist and drove Zbysko back-first into the ring apron. Zbysko hurting. Flair nailed Zbysko with some deliberate head shots and then threw Zbysko back into the ring. Flair climbed up on the ring apron and mounted the top buckle as Zbysko slowly made it to his feet. Zbysko turned and Flair came off with a punch to the head that connected. Zbysko crashed to the mat. Flair grabbed Zbysko's left leg and yanked on it a three times and then went to lock Zbysko into the figure 4 but Zbysko reached up and caught Flair in a small package for the pin. 1...2... Flair kicked out. Both men to their feet and Flair stunned Zbysko with a chest chop. Flair then went to whip Zbysko into the ropes but Zbysko reversed and caught Flair coming off with a dropkick. Flair crashed to the mat. Zbysko snapped Flair up and locked Flair in the abdominal stretch. As the in-ring ref checked to see if Flair would submit to the hold. Zbysko grabbed the top rope to apply extra pressure to the hold. Flair in pain. Race jumped up on the ring apron and Zbysko let go of the top rope. Race dropped back to the floor. Zbysko cinched up on the hold and grabbed Flair's tights out of the view of the in-ring ref to add pressure. Race, from the floor, yelled at the in-ring ref that Zbysko was holding Flair's tights. Zbysko let go of the tights and the ref ordered a break in the hold. Zbysko released Flair from the hold and shoved Flair down. Zbysko turned and started yelling at Race. Flair up and came up behind Zbysko, grabbed Zbysko around the waist and ran Zbysko into the ropes and rolled up Zbysko from behind for the pin try. 1...2... Zbysko kicked Flair off. Both men up and Zbysko was dancing around like a boxer with fists raised. Zbysko swung wildly at Flair and missed and Flair caught Zbysko with kick to the gut. Flair suplexed Zbysko, nailed Zbysko with an elbow smash to the chest and then Flair backed into the ropes and came off with a knee drop to the head that connected. Flair covered Zbysko. 1...2... Zbysko kicked out. Flair snapped Zbysko up and whipped Zbysko into the corner. Flair then mounted the middle buckle over Zbysko and caught Zbysko with a couple of head shots when Zbysko suddenly grabbed Flair's legs and pulled them out from under him. Flair crashed to his back on the mat. Zbysko rolled up Flair for the pin. 1... Zbysko put his feet on the middle rope for leverage. ...2... Race came over and yelled that Zbysko was putting his feet on the rope. In-ring ref saw Zbysko removing his feet from the rope and ordered a break. Zbysko up and snapped at the in-ring ref.

Zbysko again picked up on a mic:

LZ: "Harley's lying!"

Crowd booed.

Zbysko snapped up Flair and went to whip Flair into the ropes but Flair reversed and caught Zbysko coming off with a big chop to the chest. Zbysko crashed to the mat. Flair again started to apply the figure 4 but Zbysko scooted a short distance and was able to get his hands on the middle rope to force a break in the hold. Zbysko up. Flair looked to go after Zbysko but Zbysko stuck his upper body out between the top and middle rope. Ref ordered Flair to stand back. Zbysko slowly re-entered the ring. Flair moved in on Zbysko and Zbysko suddenly bailed from the ring to the floor. Race came over and told Zbysko to quit stalling and get back in the ring. Flair left the ring and dropped to the floor and Zbysko saw him and took off running around the ring with Flair giving chase. Ref counting. After one complete circling of the ring, Zbysko went to slide into the ring under the bottom rope and Flair grabbed Zbysko by the leg and tried to pull Zbysko back out of the ring when Zbysko grabbed the ref's ankles and pulled the ref's feet out from under him and the in-ring ref crashed to the mat. Ref briefly stunned. Flair let go of Zbysko's legs and climbed back into the ring. Zbysko getting up and Flair laid into Zbysko with a brutal series of chest chops. Ref had gotten to his feet and Flair went to whip Zbysko into the corner but Zbysko reversed and sent Flair into the other direction. Flair crashed into the ref and the ref slammed into the turnbuckles and crashed to the mat and rolled out on the apron. In-ring ref was down. Race went over and checked on the in-ring ref. Zbysko jumped Flair from behind and pounded away on Flair. Zbysko then whipped Flair into the ropes and looked to catch Flair coming off with a clothesline but Flair ducked the move and came back and the two men clotheslined each other. Both men down.

As Race checked on the in-ring ref, a man in street clothes came running down the aisle.

Schiavone: "That's Scott Hall! What in the world is going on?!"

Hall came up behind Race on the floor, spun Race around and slapped Race hard across the face. Race stunned. Hall then grabbed Race and slammed Race's head into the ring post. Race stumbled forward and went down.Flair and Zbysko stirring in the ring. Hall went over to the timekeeper's table and grabbed Craig Johnson and threw Johnson out of his chair. Hall folded the steel chair up and slid it into the ring and pointed at Zbysko. Zbysko, now on his knees, pointed over at Hall.

Madden: "Guess this was the 'plan' Zbysko talked about in his interview earlier!"

Hall fled the scene and disappeared to the back. Zbysko to his feet as Flair got to his hands and knees. Zbysko grabbed Flair in a front facelock, pulled Flair to his feet and nailed Flair with a swinging neckbreaker. Flair back down holding the back of his neck. A now bleeding Race recovering on the floor. Zbysko went over and picked up the chair. Zbysko held the chair and was waiting for Flair to get to his feet. Flair up to a knee and still holding the back of his neck. Zbysko raised the chair over his head. Race moved around on the floor and climbed in the ring behind Zbysko. Just as Zbysko was about to clock Flair over the head with the chair, Race snatched the chair from Zbysko's hands. Race tossed the chair out of the ring and Zbysko turned and started briefly arguing with Race. Zbysko then went to hit Race with a head shot but Race blocked the punch try and nailed Zbysko with three straight head shots. Crowd popped. The last shot spun the staggered Zbysko around. Zbysko stumbled into the arms of the recovered Flair and Flair popped Zbysko with a shin breaker. Zbysko crashed to the mat and Flair finally succeeded in locking Zbysko in the figure 4 as the crowd roared. Zbysko wasn't in the hold for very long before tapping out. Race called for the bell as the fans continued cheering.

Flair released Zbysko from the hold and got to his feet and Race raised Flair's hand in victory. Flair saw Race was bleeding and pointed at Race's forehead. Flair and Race then had a quick discussion. Flair and Race then left the ring together, dropped to the floor and headed back up the aisle to more cheers.

WINNER: Flair - Submission - Figure 4 - 12:09)

(Tony Schiavone then had breaking news.

TS: "Scott Hudson is on the phone with us from the hospital. Scott, we hear you have some breaking news."

SH: 'Tony and Mark, Sgt. Slaughter somehow slipped out of the hospital undetected."

TS: "Oh no!"

SH: "And that's not all. He has somehow managed to comandeer an ambulance and no one knows where is."

TS: "Could he be coming back to the arena?"

SH: "We don't know anything else."

TS: "You just heard it! Sgt. Slaughter has left the hospital on his own and is now apparently driving around in an ambulance he took without permission."

MM: "Tony, you have to wonder if Slaughter has revenge on his mind!"

TS: "That's what it could be, Mark, but we just do not know at this time!

"We'll be back to wrap it up right after these messages!")

(Commercials)

(Back from commercial:

The Sheik's Army was in the ring. Warlord, Kamala, Abdullah The Butcher, One Man Gang and Killer Khan were all in their ring attire. Warlord had his shield. Kimchee was in his safari gear, pith hemet, white mask with brown trim and carrying a riding crop. Kaissey was in a suit and tie and wearing a keffiyeh. Kaissey had a mic.

Fans were booing loudly and throwing garbage at the Army.

AK: "Your heroes are in the hospital! All is fair in war! The Allies learned a hard lesson! They were caught completely off-guard by our attack! That's what happens in war when you do not have reconissance!

"We took a step towards ending the war tonight! And we also took a huge step towards winning it!

"The Army, as you infidels say, play for keeps! The Allies are in bad shape right now! Everything is going the Army's way! Divine providence is guiding us on to victory!

"And after we win the final, decisive battle against the Allies, the path will be clear for the Army to seize control of WCW!

"Let all those who work for WCW be put on notice! When that glorious day comes and the Amry is running the show, you will either do what we tell you to do or pay a very heavy price for your disobedience!"

Boos turned to cheers when Sgt. Slaughter, with a white bandage wrapped around his head with blood oozing through the front of it and still in the tattered clothes he was wearing when taken to the hospital, came out and started limping down the aisle. Sarge was holding the left side of his ribs and limping. Part-way down the aisle, Sarge had to stop and lean against the barricade because he was in so much pain. Sarge then limped his way to the ring.

AK: "Sgt. Slaughter! You are a fool for being here right now!"

Sarge slowly walked up the ring steps and climbed in. Sarge leaned back against the ropes holding his ribs and was in dire pain. Sarge then hobbled over and punched One Man Gang in the jaw to no effect. The Army then pounced on Sarge and started beating the hell out of him. Warlord tossed his shield. Kaissey and Kimchee climbed out on the ring apron. Sarge had the bandage ripped off his bloody head in the assault.

The Army beat Sarge down to the mat and put the boots to Sarge. War and Gang then pulled Sarge to his feet and each held an arm and gestured for Kam to attack Sarge. Kam nailed Sarge with a chop to the top of the head. Sarge started to to crumple but Gang and War held him up. War then pointed at Abby. Abby moved in and nailed Sarge with a headbutt. War and Gang let go of Sarge and Sarge crumpled to the mat. War then snapped Sarge up and blasted Sarge with a his full nelson slam finisher. Sarge in a bad way. Gang then snapped Sarge up, whipped Sarge into the buckles and charged in and nailed Sarge with an avalanche. Sarge stumbled out of the corner bent over and holding his ribs and crashed back to the mat. War and Gang again each grabbed an arm and pulled Sarge to his feet. Killer Khan then tapped the toe of his (supposedly not loaded) right boot on the mat three times, moved in and kicked Sarge in the gut. War and Gang let go of Sarge and Sarge crumpled helplessly back to the mat. Sarge rolled over on his side and was convulsing. Fans furious. The Army then stood over the downed Sarge for several tense seconds before Kaissey and Kimchee signaled it was time to leave. The Army left the ring and dropped to the floor and Kaissey and Kimchee dropped off the apron to the floor.

The Army then headed back up the aisle to loud boos and garbage thrown in their direction and a couple of fans had to be stopped by security from jumping over the barricade to go after the Army.

Shot of a beaten, battered, bloodied Sarge still laying on his side in the ring as the program faded to black.)

END PROGRAM

The saw is family!

Status

WCW Mayhem Ep. 111 Rating: 1.5

(NOTE: I'll be posting episode 112 of Mayhem next Wednesday. Within the next 2-3 weeks, I hope to be posting every Tuesday again.)

The saw is family!

Status

WCW House Show Report

May 19 - Poughkeepsie, NY - Mid-Hudson Civic Center - Att: 2,888

May 20 - Binghamton, NY - Veterans Memorial Arena - Att: 2,514

RESULTS (Same in each city)

WCW World Championship Match: Dynamite Kid (WC) def. Davey Boy Smith via pinfall with the Spear

The Skyscrapers def. One Man Gang & Killer Khan when Dan Spivey pinned Gang with an Olympic Slam

Boot Camp Match: Sgt. Slaughter def. Kamala via pinfall with the Slaughter Cannon - Both men bled each night

WCW World Tag Team Championship Match: Don Muraco & Jimmy Snuka (WTTC) def. The Southern Connection (Marty Jannetty & Tommy Rich) when Snuka pinned Jannetty with the Superfly Death Leap

Nord The Barbarian and Abdullah The Butcher fought to a wild double disqualification - Both men bled each night

Warlord def. Tom Zenk via pinfall with the Full Nelson Slam

Los Lobos def. The Conquistadors when Manny Fernandez pinned Conquistador #1 with the Hart Attack Clothesline

(Disappointing crowd in Binghamton. Near sellout in the small Poughkeepsie venue.)

Tacos Rule!

Status
      Country                    United States

I really like this as most of the wrestlers I have heard of but never saw them in their prime.
    Everything is well written and easy to follow but the one thing that bothers me is the use of just initials- LZ, MM, PO etc- it's just something that has bothered me when it was done in an BTB or Efed show- that's really my only complaint- I enjoyed all the rest of what you are doing

The saw is family!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by hanz gruber View Post
    I really like this as most of the wrestlers I have heard of but never saw them in their prime.
    Everything is well written and easy to follow but the one thing that bothers me is the use of just initials- LZ, MM, PO etc- it's just something that has bothered me when it was done in an BTB or Efed show- that's really my only complaint- I enjoyed all the rest of what you are doing
    Thanks for your comments.

I've actually thought about the initial thing myself. It's a shortcut I use because of how time consuming it is to write the shows. But I have wondered if typing the last names of the speakers during multi-person promos would make things a little easier to follow.

Glad you're enjoying the shows. Hope you'll continue reading.

Tacos Rule!

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by vadermania View Post
    Thanks for your comments.

I've actually thought about the initial thing myself. It's a shortcut I use because of how time consuming it is to write the shows. But I have wondered if typing the last names of the speakers during multi-person promos would make things a little easier to follow.

Glad you're enjoying the shows. Hope you'll continue reading.
    As you are pretty detailed with everything its not much of a shortcut. When I wrote an efed show I would type out the persons name once- i.e. an announcer- Harry Esel: Blah Blah, then the rest of the show I would just type Harry: Says something.
    In the rare case of a wrestler being named Harry on the same show- which did happen- the wrestler talking- i.e. Harry Richards - anytime he talked it would have his full name- and a different color Harry Richards: Blah Blah Blah

Of course like you said with the last name- that works too

Thread Information