Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: World Class Wrestling

Underdog

Status

Re: World Class Wrestling

2017 WCW Roll Call Of Champions & 2017 Year-End Awards

WCW World Heavyweight Champion

CURRENT: The New Spoiler - Def. Dynamite Kid - Scars N Stripes PPV - St. Louis, MO - 6-11-17

Dynamite Kid - Def. Ric Flair - Season's Beatings PPV - Orlando, FL - 12-11-16

Ric Flair - Def. Kamala - WCW Mayhem 1-Yr. Anniversary Episode - Tempe, AZ - 4-19-16

Kamala - Def. Ric Flair - Spring Breakout PPV - Las Vegas, NV - 3-20-16

Ric Flair - Def. Larry Zbysko - Season's Beatings PPV - Greenville, SC - 12-13-15

Larry Zbysko - Def. Ric Flair in the World Title Tournament Finals - Autumn Anarchy (Tru TV Special Event) - Denver, CO - 9-18-15

Tru TV Champion

CURRENT: Dick Slater - Def. Scott Irwin - Autumn Anarchy PPV - Chicago, IL - 9-17-17

Scott Irwin - Def. 'Million Dollar' Bill Irwin - Scars N Stripes PPV - St. Louis, MO - 6-11-17

'Million Dollar' Bill Irwin - Def. Bob Orton - Spring Breakout PPV - Laredo, TX - 3-19-17

Bob Orton - Def. 'Million Dollar' Bill Irwin - Tru TV Championship Tournament Final - Winter Warfare (Tru TV Special Event) - Tucson, AZ - 2-17-17

Vacated by Dynamite Kid on 12-13-16

Dynamite Kid - Def. Steve O - Autumn Anarchy PPV - Everett, WA - 9-18-16

Steve O - Def. Rick Martel - WCW Mayhem - Missoula, MT - 11-10-15

Rick Martel - Won a Battle Royal to decide the inaugural Tru TV Champion - WCW Mayhem - Springfield, IL - 6-30-15

WCW World Tag Team Champions

CURRENT: Don Muraco & Jimmy Snuka - Def. The Skyscrapers - WCW Mayhem 2-Year Anniversary Show - Rochester, MN - 4-18-17

The Skyscrapers - Def. Don Muraco & Jimmy Snuka - Spring Breakout PPV - Laredo, TX - 3-19-17

Jimmy Snuka & Don Muraco - Def. Strike Force - Season's Beatings PPV - Orlando, FL - 12-11-16

Strike Force - Def. Kamala & Abdullah The Butcher (Sheik's Army) - Autumn Anarchy PPV - Everett, WA - 9-18-16

Sheik's Army - Def. Long Riders in the World Tag Team Title Tournament Finals - Season's Beatings PPV - Greenville, SC - 12-13-15

2017 Year-End Awards
    (All awards voted on by the Association of Pro Wrestling Journalists)

Wrestler of the Year

The New Spoiler

Top 3 Runners-Up (listed in order of votes received)

Dynamite Kid
    Dick Slater
    'Mr. Wonderful' Paul Orndorff

PREVIOUS WINNERS: 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair (2015 & 2016)

Tag Team of the Year

Don Muraco & Jimmy Snuka

Top 3 Runners-Up

The Skyscrapers
    Mr. Anderson & Davey Boy Smith
    Ric Flair & Paul Orndorff

PREVIOUS WINNERS: Kamala & Abdullah The Butcher (2015 & 2016)

Manager of the Year

Jimmy Hart

Runners-Up

Sheik Adnan El-Kaissey
    Sherri Martel

PREVIOUS WINNERS: Sheik Adnan El-Kaissey (2016); Jimmy Hart (2015)

Match of the Year

Extreme Rules Match for the WCW World Championship: New Spoiler (WC) vs. Dynamite Kid - Autumn Anarchy PPV - Chicago, IL - 9-17-17

Top 3 Runners-Up

War Games (Sheik's Army vs. The Allies - Losing team is gone from WCW!) - Autumn Anarchy PPV - Chicago, IL - 9-17-17

Sharpshooter vs. Sharpshooter Submission Match:
    Bret Hart vs. Dynamite Kid - Season's Beatings PPV - San Diego, CA - 12-10-17

Ric Flair vs. The New Spoiler - Spring Breakout PPV - Laredo, TX - 3-19-17

PREVIOUS WINNERS: ONE NIGHT ONLY 8-MAN TAG TEAM MATCH: The Four Horsemen (Ric Flair, Tully Blanchard, Arn Anderson & Barry Windham) vs. Zbysko's Legends (Larry Zbysko, Terry Funk, Jimmy Snuka & Curt Hennig) - Scars N Stripes PPV - Baltimore, MD - 6-12-16 (2016); 'I Quit' Match: Ric Flair vs. Don Muraco - Mayhem - Casper, WY - 10-27-15 (2015)

Feud of the Year

The Allies vs. The Sheik's Army

Top 3 Runners-Up

New Spoiler vs. Dynamite Kid
    Dick Slater vs. Paul Orndorff
    Tom Zenk vs. Eric Embry

PREVIOUS WINNERS: Ric Flair vs. The Sheik's Army (2016); Ric Flair vs. Larry Zbysko (2015)

Last edited by vadermania; 01-02-2018 at 07:05 AM.

Underdog

Status

On the next WCW Mayhem on Tru TV!

It's the final Mayhem of 2017!*

Paul Orndorff and Ric Flair make an appearance. Will the apparent problems between the two escalate?

One week before they clash for the WCW World Championship on the first Mayhem of 2018, World Champion New Spoiler, his manager Jimmy Hart and challenger Nord The Barbarian will have an in-ring confrontation

After not wrestling in WCW for several months, 'Million Dollar' Bill returns to action against the wily veteran Rick Martel

AND MORE!!!

Show will be posted January 8 or 9.

* Hope to be caught up and back on a regular weekly schedule by no later than March.

Underdog

Status

WCW MAYHEM - EP. 136 - TUCSON, AZ - TUCSON ARENA - 12-26-17 (Taped)

(Show Intro)

(Crowd Shots/Pyro)

(Announcers Tony Schiavone and Mark Madden welcomed viewers and ran down the program: World Champion The New Spoiler and challenger Nord The Barbarian confront each other before their World Title clash on next week's first 'Mayhem' of 2018; Rick Martel vs. 'Million Dollar' Bill; a look back at last week's wild tag team title match between Don Muraco & Jimmy Snuka (WTTC) and Los Lobos; and more!)

(Announcers intro'd footage from last week's match between Tom Zenk and Scott Hall.

VIDEO:

Zenk: "Scott Hall. Since the man you have in your corner for our match has a track record of meddling in your matches, I've decided to have someone at ringside to watch my back.

"And here's who will be in my corner...Ric Flair and Paul Orndorff!"

Crowd popped.

After a brief pause, Flair came out alone in street clothes.

Schiavone: "Where the hell is Paul Orndorff?! What's going on between Flair and 'Mr. Wonderful'?!"

Flair made his way to the ring and climbed in and walked over to a puzzled looking Tom Zenk. The two had an animated conversation off-mic and Flair shrugged his shoulders on a couple of occasions when Zenk asked him something.

Zenk: "Paul Orndorff had agreed to be in my corner for this match. But apparently he's nowhere to be found. But that's okay. Because I've still got...'Whoo!'...that 'Nature Boy' in my corner!"

Zbysko came charging down the aisle, came up behind Flair and shoved Flair hard at the ring post. Flair's head slammed into the post and Flair went down on the floor. In the ring, Zenk snapped up Hall, whipped Hall into the ropes and blasted Hall coming off with a clothesline. Hall crashed to the mat. Zenk went out on the apron and mounted the top buckle as a shaky Hall got to his feet. Zenk came off with another missle dropkick but this time Hall fell out of the way and Zenk crashed to the mat. Flair still down on the floor. Zbysko standing next to the ring. Both men down in the ring. Ref counting. Both men slowly made it to their feet and Hall moved in and blasted Zenk with a hard slap upside the head. Hall placed Zenk's head between his legs and Hall spread his arms out to his sides signaling it was time for his crucifix powerbomb (Razor's Edge) finisher. Hall hoisted Zenk up and blasted him with the crucifix powerbomb. Hall covered Zenk and hooked the leg. 1...2...3! Ref called for the bell as most of the crowd booed but Hall also had his fans.

Hall got to his feet and the ref raised Hall's hand in victory as Zbysko climbed into the ring and congratulated Hall. Zbysko then suddenly turned his ire on the downed Zenk and started stomping away on the defeated Zenk. Hall joined in and the boot party was in full force. Flair starting to recover on the floor. Crowd popped as Paul Orndorff, in street clothes, came charging down the aisle and hit the ring. Hall and Zbysko stopped kicking a Zenk while he was down and went to attack Orndorff but Orndorff was a one man house of fire and tore into both Zbysko and Hall with feet and fists of fury as the crowd ate it up. Orndorff butted Zbysko's and Hall's heads together. Both men on stagger street. Orndorff grabbed Zbysko and threw Zbysko over the top rope and Zbysko crashed down to the floor. Hall jumped Orndorff from behind and pounded away on Orndorff. Hall went to whip Orndorff into the ropes but Orndorff reversed and caught Hall coming off with a flying shoulder tackle. Crowd went crazy glue. A stunned Hall got up and fell back against the ropes and Orndorff charged over and blasted Hall with a running clothesline that sent Hall hurtling over the top rope and crashing to the floor. Crowd roar grew even louder. Flair had recovered enough and climbed into the ring. Orndorff looking intensely out at Hall and Zbysko as Flair tapped Orndorff on the shoulder. Orndorff turned around, briefly paused and then dropped Flair with a shot to the jaw. Crowd in a state of confusion.

Orndorff turned his attention back to the floor as both Hall and Zbysko were recovering and getting to their feet on the floor. Orndorff glaring at the two.

Flair made it to his feet behind Orndorff. Flair ripped off his shirt and tossed it aside and came up behind Orndorff, spun Orndorff around and Flair tore into Orndoff with a series of heat-seeking chest chops. Orndorff stunned. Flair whipped Orndorff into the ropes and caught Orndorff coming off with one of his two finishers, the flying forearm shiver to the side of the head. Orndorff crashed to the mat. Flair up and glaring down at Orndorff as Flair's legions of fans cheered him on. Orndorff down holding his head and in dire pain. Flair looked violently at the downed Orndorff for several seconds before leaving the ring and dropping to the floor. Hall and Zbysko were now standing with each other on the floor and licking their wounds. Flair walked by, angrily glared at the pair, flipped them the double bird to the approval of the crowd and then angrily stalked back up the aisle.
    )

(In-ring:

'Also Sprach Zarathustra' played and out came Ric Flair to a strong ovation. Flair was in street clothes and had a mic. Flair was all business as he made his way to the ring and climbed in. No stylin'-and-profilin' tonight. Flair paced around back-and-forth in the ring.

'There's No easy Way Out' played and out came Orndorff to a positive fan reaction. Orndorff was in street clothes and had a mic. Orndorff was focused laser-like on Flair as he blew past the fans on his way to the ring and climbed in.

Crowd buzzing as the two men walked around the ring like caged animals eyeing each other.

Flair: "Paul Orndorff! Brother, I really don't understand what's gotten into you lately! What the hell was up with you punching me in the face last week?!"

Orndorff: "Ric, it was an accident, man. Just got caught up in the heat of the moment. I had just cleared the ring of Hall and Zbysko and was so fired up that I just hit the next person who got near me. Unfortunately, that was...you.

"A question you might want to answer, Ric, is why did you intentionally attack me after I accidentally struck you?!"

Flair: "It was an accident, huh, Paul? Ha!"

Orndorff: "It was accidental! Why would I hit you on purpose, Ric?!"

Flair: "You tell me, pal! You tell me!

"And you damn bet I laid you out on purpose because I think you hit me on purpose! Tit for tat!"

Orndorff: "I'm not gonna argue about it with you! Prove it!"

Flair: "A lot of weird things have been happening with you lately, Orndorff!

"And you had agreed to be in Tom Zenk's corner with me for his match with Scott Hall last week! Where were you during the match?! You didn't arrive until the match was already over!"

Orndorff: "You know why I wasn't out there, Ric?"

Flair: "Let's hear it! I'm all ears!"

Orndorff started pacing back and forth.

Orndorff: "The reason I wasn't out there with you in Zenk's corner is because...because I got a phone call from someone telling me they needed to see me outside the arena! The call came in just a few minutes before Zenk's match!"

Flair shook his head in disbelief.

Flair: "You really expect me to believe that? You expect these people out here to believe that?! What a load of bull..."

Orndorff:
    "It's the God's honest truth, man! Why would I lie to you about it?! Jeez!"

Flair: "You get this call out of the blue from some mystery person telling you that they needed to see you right then and there?! You can't make up a story better than that?! I don't know what's going on with you..,"

Orndorff (calm but fiercely): "Shut up, Ric."

Flair: "What was that?! What did you just say to me, pal?!"

Orndorff: "I told you to shut up! I mean it! Don't push it right now with me!

"The phone call I received last week was from someone I know but haven't seen in a long time! At least that's what they told me! I was then sent on a wild goose chase outside the arena looking for them but never found them! I think I was set up! I knew the voice on the other end of the phone! I knew her from way back! Maybe Hall and Zbysko put them up to it! I don't know! That's why I didn't come to the ring with you to be in Zenk's corner last week! I was on a futile hunt to find the guy who called me!"

Flair threw his hands up and started shaking his head in disbelief as he walked around the ring.

Flair: "I don't know what I'm supposed to believe when it comes to you anymore, Paul! Your behavior lately has been more than a little erratic!"

Orndorff: "You want erratic, Ric!' What about you?!"

Flair: "What about me?!"

Orndorff: "What about the things you've done..."

Flair pointed to the entrance stage. Crowd booed as the Good Ol' Boys, Barry Windham and Bobby Duncum Jr., made their way to the ring, each with mic in hand. Both men were in street clothes and black cowboy hats. The men made their way to the ring and climbed in.

Orndorff and Flair glared at the intruders.

Windham: "Hope we're not interrupting anything?"

Duncum Jr.: "Not intruding on a lover's quarrel or anything like that, are we?"

Crowd booed as Windham and Duncum Jr. chuckled. Flair and Orndorff silently looked on at the pair.

Windham: "Seriously, we came out here for a reason."

Orndorff: "What would that be?"

Windham: "Things didn't go as we planned against Los Lobos at 'Season's Beatings' a couple of weeks ago. We want to redeem ourselves."

Flair: "How do you expect to do that?"

Windham: "Ric Flair and Paul Orndorff, we want a match with you...tonight."

Crowd popped at Windham's suggestion.

Duncum Jr.: "How about it, boys?! The Good Ol' Boys vs. Flair and Orndorff is a main event in any arena in the world! Let's give it to 'em right here in Tucson, Arizona!"

Some in the crowd popped at the mention of Tucson.

Flair and Orndorff looked at each other for several seconds.

Windham: "Look. You guys can gaze into each other's eyes back in the showers. We need an answer and we need it quick."

Flair: "Need a quick answer, do you?

"As most of these fans know, Barry, we have quite a history together. As a matter of fact, I'm sure the people remember that you, me, Tully Blanchard and Arn Anderson re-united as the Four Horsemen for one night for an 8-man tag team match at 'Scars N Stripes' in 2016. What happened to that Barry Windham? The man who used to..."

Windham: "That was then. This is now. Things change. The Horsemen had their last ride together that night in Baltimore 18 months ago. And it was a glorious ride. But now, we're on opposite sides of the fence."

Flair: "I think I can speak for both of us..."

Orndorff interrupted.

Orndorff: "You don't speak for me, Ric. But I accept the Good Ol' Boys' challenge!"

Flair looked over at Orndorff briefly and the turned back to the Good Ol' Boys.

Flair: "Before I was so rudely interrupted, I accept your challenge, too!"

Crowd cheered.

Ring announcer Craig Johnson was standing at ringside.

Johnson: "If I can have your attention for a minute. I have just gotten word through my earpiece that the match-making committee has given the thumbs up for this match! Our main event tonight is the Good Ol' Boys vs. Paul Orndorff and Ric Flair!"

More cheers.

After a brief staredown between the two teams, Windham and Duncum Jr. left the ring for the floor and headed back up the aisle. Flair and Orndorff started having a heated conversation off-mic in the ring as the crowd was buzzing.)

(Announcers hyped the main event for later in the evening. Hyped still to come: The New Spoiler (WC) and challenger Nord The Barbarian confront each other before their World Title tilt on the first 'Mayhem' of 2018 next week. Said Rick Martel vs. 'Million Dollar' Bill was next!)

(Commercials)

(VIDEO:

IT'S WORLD CLASS WRESTLING ON TOUR!

Tuesday - January 9 - Beaumont, TX - Ford Arena - WCW Mayhem

Tuesday - January 23 - Daytona Beach, FL - Ocean Center - WCW Mayhem

Saturday - January 27 - Honolulu, HI - Blaisdell Arena

Friday - February 2 - Tampa, FL - USF Sundome - Winter Warfare (Tru TV Special Event)

Tuesday - February 6 - Jackson, MS - Mississippi Coliseum - WCW Mayhem

More info: Visit the WCW website!)

Match 1
    'Million Dollar' Bill vs. Rick Martel

(Music-only version of 'Synchronicity 2' by The Police filled the arena and out came Rick Martel to a decent ovation. Martel slapped hands with fans on the way to the ring. Martel was wearing blue tights with the white fleur de lis on each side of the tights, blue boots with white trim and a blue ring jacket with a white fleur de lis on the back with 'Rick Martel' written underneath the logo. Martel got in the ring and briefly saluted the crowd.

'Money' by Pink Floyd played and out came 'Million Dollar' Bill to pretty strong boos. He was wearing a silver and black tuxedo-like satin jacket with tails. On the back it said 'MDB' in silver lettering with black trim and several silver '$' signs with black trim spread all over the back. He had on a silver bow tie. He was wearing silver and black leg-length tights with the word 'Millionaire' written across the back of the tights in silver lettering with black trim and silver boots with a black $ sign on the outside of each boot. He was carrying his briefcase containing his Battle Royal winnings. Bill made his way to the ring and climbed in.

Bill handed his briefcase to the ref and barked at the ref to handle it with care. Ref then handed the briefcase off to Craig Johnson, who sat it on the timekeeper's table.

The wily veteran Martel showed he still had a lot of mileage left in the tank as he gave 'Million Dollar' Bill a fight and came close to putting Bill away with a pinfall on a couple of occasions.

At the end of the match, Bill was on the offensive. He nailed Martel with some head and body shots and then bodyslammed Martel. Bill quick stomped Martel and went out on the apron and mounted the top buckle and came off with a frog splash but Martel got his knees up and Bill crashed into them. Both men down. Bill holding his gut. Ref counting. Both men slowly made it to their feet and Martel stunned Bill with a dropkick. Bill crashed back to the mat. Martel grabbed Bill's legs and, after a brief struggle, turned Bill over into the Boston Crab. Bill fighting not to give up. Bill started inching toward the ropes while locked in the hold. Bill stopped dead in his tracks short of the ropes as Martel cinched up on the hold. Bill then started inching toward the ropes again and this time was able to grab the bottom rope and force a break in the hold. Bill made his way to his feet and Martel moved in and nailed Bill with a series of head shots. Martel went to whip Bill into the ropes but Bill reversed and caught Martel coming off with a lariat. Martel down. Bill up and waited for Martel to get to his feet. Martel turned and Bill blasted Martel with a bicycle kick to the face. Martel crashed back to the mat. Bill circled around behind Martel as Martel got to a knee. Bill locked Martel into the corbra clutch and pulled Martel to his feet in the hold. Bill then blasted Martel with his Elitist (cobra clutch slam) finisher. Bill covered Martel and hooked the leg. 1...2...3! Ref called for the bell as the crowd booed.

Bill got to his feet and the ref raised his hand in victory.

Ref went over to take the briefcase from Craig Johnson but Bill shoved the ref out of the way and grabbed the case and the mic out of Johnson's hands.

Bill: "It's been a long time. But I am back in WCW!"

Crowd booed.

Bill: "I know my brother Scott is watching this at some dive bar right now with some of his street urchin pals! Scott, I am not finished with you! And I won't be until I have beaten you as payback for you taking the Tru TV Championship from me! When I do that, then I'll be finished with you! And when that day comes...I will never, ever have anything to do with you again...you son of a bitch!"

Crowd booed as Bill tossed the mic, briefly strutted around in the ring holding the briefcase in the air with one hand and then left the ring, dropped to the floor and headed back up the aisle to boos.

WINNER: 'Million Dollar' Bill - Pinfall - The Elitist - 7:22)

(Announcers discussed 'Million Dollar' Bill defeating Rick Martel and having words of warning for his brother Scott.)

(Announcers then intro'd video of highlights from last week's World Tag Team Title match between the champs Don Muraco and Jimmy Snuka and challengers Los Lobos. Announcers said post-match comments from the two teams would air after the highlights.

VIDEO:

Muraco up and Fernandez charged in and leveled Muraco with a running clothesline. Fernandez snapped Muraco up and charged over and slammed Muraco's head into the ring bolt that connects the top buckle with the ring post. Muraco bounced back and crashed to the mat, rolled out of the ring and crashed to the floor to the delight of most of the crowd. Ref ordered Fernandez to stand back in the ring and Fernandez did so. Ref started the 20-count. Muraco made it to his knees on the floor and was now bleeding. Fernandez got tired of waiting and blew past the ref and left the ring for the floor. Muraco just getting to his feet and Fernandez laid into Muraco with more head shots. Muraco staggered. Fernandez went to whip Muraco into the ring post but Muraco reversed and Fernandez slammed shoulder-first into the post and staggered off. Ref counting. Muraco came up and grabbed Fernandez and charged over and violently slammed Fernandez's head into the top steel ring step. Fernandez went down by the steps. Muraco quickly regained his bearings on the floor and then quickly rolled in and out of the ring to break the count. Fernandez on his hands and knees and Muraco peeled Fernandez off the floor. Fernandez now bleeding. Muraco threw Fernandez violently into the ringside barricade.

Snuka grabbed Fernandez, whipped Fernandez into the ropes and caught Fernandez coming off with a backhand chop to the face. Fernandez crashed to the mat. Snuka covered Fernandez and hooked the leg. 1...2... Tito hit the ring and grabbed Snuka by the hair and pulled Snuka off of Fernandez and Tito threw Snuka down. Snuka up and wanted to go after Tito but the ref kept them apart. Ref went over and ordered Tito out of the ring. As the ref became distracted by having words with Tito, Snuka snapped up Fernandez and drove Fernandez into the champ's corner. As Tito and the ref continued to have words, Muraco choked out Fernandez with the tag rope behind the ref's back.

Snuka snapped Fernandez up by the hair and walked Fernandez in the direction of Tito and held Fernandez there for a few seconds and gestured for Tito to tag Fernandez. Just as Tito went to tag Fernandez, Snuka pulled Fernandez away. Snuka looked back briefly and chuckled at Tito. Snuka went to whip Fernandez into the ropes but Fernandez reversed and caught Snuka coming off with his forearm smash to the head (the Axe) finisher. Snuka fell back through the top and middle rope and crashed to the floor. Most of the crowd cheered. Fernandez staggered around in the ring for a moment before dropping to his knees. Muraco went over to check on Snuka. Fernandez struggling to regain his bearings in the ring. Ref counting out Snuka. Muraco helped pull the stunned Snuka to his feet and Snuka was now bleeding.

Tito snapped up Snuka, whipped Snuka into the corner and followed Snuka in and blasted Snuka with a step-up enzuigiri. Snuka stumbled out of the corner and crashed to his back on the mat. Tito for the cover and hooked the leg. 1...2... Muraco hit the ring and stomped Tito in the back of the head to break up the pin try. Muraco had his back turned as Fernandez hit the ring and charged up behind Muraco and dropped Muraco with a running clothesline to the back of the neck.

Snuka blasted Tito with a big jumping headbutt. Tito crashed to the mat and rolled over on his front side. Snuka stumbled back and fell against the ropes. Snuka quickly shook out the affects of the match and went over and tagged in Muraco. A now bleeding Tito made it to his feet and Muraco came up behind Tito and clubbed Tito with a forearm smash to the back.

Madden: "We're batting a thousand on the blood meter in this one!"

Muraco pulled Tito out of the corner, whipped Tito into the ropes and caught Tito coming off in the belly-to-belly position and nailed Tito with an overhead belly-to-belly suplex. Tito down and hurting. Muraco snapped up Tito, hoisted Tito across his shoulders and popped Tito with a Samoan Drop. Muraco covered Tito and hooked the leg. 1...2...thr... Fernandez hit the ring and stomped Muraco in the back to break up the pin try.

Schaivone: "It's a good thing you literally can't feel seething hatred coming through your TV!"

Muraco pounded on Fernandez, hoisted Fernandez up on his shoulder and blasted Fernandez with a running powerslam. Muraco covered Fernandez and hooked the leg. 1...2...thr... Fernandez kicked out. Crowd cheered. Snuka and Tito slugging it out on the floor. Muraco snapped Fernandez up and went to whip Fernandez into the ropes but Fernandez reversed and caught Muraco coming off with his forearm smash to the head (the Axe) finisher. Muraco went down. Crowd erupted. Snuka had gained the upper hand on the floor and saw Fernandez blast Muraco with his finisher. Snuka ran over and grabbed one of the tag belts off the timekeeper's table. Fernandez covered Muraco and hooked the leg. 1... Snuka quickly climbed into the ring. ...2....thr... Snuka dived over and clubbed Fernandez in the back of the head with the title belt to break up the pin try. Ref called for the bell as most of the crowd booed. Fernandez down on the mat holding the back of his head and writhing in pain.

Johnson: "In a time of 14 minutes, 9 seconds, the referee has disqualified Don Muraco and Jimmy Snuka! Your winners are Los Lobos!

"Because the match ended in a disqualification, the titles do NOT change hands! Jimmy Snuka and Don Muraco are still the WCW World Tag Team Champions!"

Picture flipped showing a bloody Manny Fernandez and bloody Tito Santana of Los Lobos standing in their locker room. Tito had a mic in his hand.

Tito: "As you people can tell by looking at us, we've just been in a war. And that war was with the tag champions Don Muraco and Jimmy Snuka.

"I just want to let everyone know that this isn't over by a longshot.

"You all saw what happened. You all saw that Jimmy Snuka had to interfere to save the titles for them.

"We had them beat. And they need to know next time that they'll not be so lucky. We're comin', boys! Be ready!"

Fernandez took the mic.

Fernandez: "The only reason we are standing here...right now...without the tag team titles is because Jimmy Snuka got his team disqualified to save their asses!

"As Tito just made clear, this isn't over!

"What happened out there was not a wrestling match! Oh no! It was a brawl! Both teams are gonna feel the aches and pains from this one for a while! We beat the hell out of each other!

"But there will be a next time! There's no way that this situation is left hanging off a cliff like this! There will be closure between us!

"Muraco and Snuka! Can you feel it?! The walls are starting to close in on you! Every passing day brings you closer to losing those belts! And Los Lobos is gonna be the team that will be waiting when it all catches up to you!"

Picture flipped and the champs Muraco and Snuka were standing in their dressing room. Each man was bleeding and had a title belt slung over his shoulder. Muraco was holding the mic.

Muraco: "They say it's better to be lucky than good. But we don't need luck because that's how good we are.

"People will say that we lost the match to Los Lobos tonight. But these belts, they say we're still the World Tag team Champions."

Snuka nodded his head in agreement.

Muraco: "Manny and Tito, you have failed to get the job done twice now. The first time was at 'Scars N Stripes' last summer. And now tonight, when the dust settled, you scored a hollow victory. It was a good showing. But what did you really win?

"Make no mistake about it. We know the championship committee is going to order a re-match.

"But here's the problem.

"We held these belts for all but one month of 2017. 2017 was definitely the year of Don Muraco and Jimmy Snuka.

"The championship committee can pile on all the re-matches it wants between us. Nothing changes.

"2018 will be remembered for two things. One: Don Muraco and Jimmy Snuka remain the best tag team in the world. That's not a boast because it's a fact. Two: 2018 will be remembered as the year that Los Lobos tried and failed repeatedly to pry the World Tag Titles from our hands."

Snuka: "Amen, bruddah!"

Picture faded to black.)

(Announcers discussed the comments from Los Lobos and the tag champs.

Madden: "It's hard to argue against Muraco's statement that next year will be more of the same for the champs. They proved here in 2017 that trying to get the titles off them is one tall order."

Announcers said a major announcement regarding the World Tag Team Titles was coming next week on 'Mayhem'!

Hyped still to come: Good Ol' Boys vs. Orndorff & Flair. Said The New Spoiler (WC) and challenger Nord The Barbarian confront each other before their World Title tilt on the first 'Mayhem' of 2018 next week and it's coming up after the break.)

(Commercials)

(Announcers hyped the next Tru TV Special Event:

WCW Presents: 'Winter Warfare' - LIVE! on Tru TV - Friday - February 2 - Tampa, FL - USF Sun Dome - 9pm E/6pm P - Tickets on sale this Saturday, December 30 @ 10am EST!)

(Announcers then intro'd video of a new wrestler coming to WCW.

VIDEO:

Video opened with a shot of a high school football field.

Into the picture ran a man who was standing with his side turned to the camera. He was running in place. He turned to face the camera and was still running in place.

But it's what he was wearing...

The man was in a blue football helmet with white facemask with the letters 'TT' (think the Texas Tech helmet logo) overlaid on one another in white lettering on both sides of the helmet. He was wearing a letterman's jacket with a blue body and white sleeves. On the right front side of the jacket was a football and on the left front side were the same 'TT' initials that were on the helmet. He was wearing white football pants with two blue stripes running down the outside of each leg. He wore blue cleats with white trim.

After briefly running in place, the man stopped and spoke while still wearing his helmet.

Man: "I'm Terry Taylor! And I'm the world's greatest athlete!

"I'm in a football mood today! But I'm great, not good, great at all sports! I was a star in them all!

"I could have been a Pro Bowl NFL player or an All-Star pro baseball player! I could have been a standout point guard in the NBA! Or, I could have been a top notch goalie in the NHL! I could have been the next big thing on the PGA Tour!

"Even though I was great at all these sports, I chose to concentrate on my first love...wrestling!

"I am coming to WCW to show the world that I'm not just the world's greatest athlete...but also the world's greatest wrestler! You've got a lot of really good wrestlers out there! But, they don't have my overall athletic prowess! That's the difference maker! And you'll see that in WCW! I'm so good at every sport I've ever played that I just can't be stopped on the field; on the hardwood; on the ice; or in the wrestling ring!

"So, all you WCW wrestlers need to get ready! The world's greatest athlete Terry Taylor is coming to WCW!"

Taylor then started running in place again as the video faded to black.)

(In-ring:

'Deaf Forever' played and out came Nord The Barbarian to a decent ovation. Nord was in street clothes and had his chain, Valhalla, draped around his neck. Nord made his way to the ring with mic in hand. Nord climbed in the ring and held up his chain with his free hand and waved it in the air as he stomped around the ring.

Instrumental song 'The Champ' played and out on the entrance stage walked World Champion the New Spoiler and manager Jimmy Hart to strong boos. New Spoiler was wearing the silver mask with black trim, a black singlet with the bottom half of the tights covered by red leg-length tights with a black stripe going down the outside of each leg, a fingerless black glove on his right hand and black boots with the silver Spoiler mask on the outside of each boot. He had the title slung over his left shoulder. Jimmy Hart was in a black suit with 'First Family' written across the back of the jacket, white dress shirt and black thin tie, black and white shoes, sunglasses and carrying his trademark megaphone. The pair made their way to the ring and climbed in. Jimmy played to the crowd as New Spoiler stood rubbing his gloved right hand.

Nord and New Spoiler paced back-and-forth looking at each other.

Jimmy: "Nord! You'd better keep that chain to yourself tonight!"

Nord: "I will, Hart! Unless you or the champ here gives me a good reason to use it!"

Crowd cheered.

Jimmy: "Next week a new year dawns upon us! 2018 promises to be an even greater year for the New Spoiler!

"And what a way to kick things off by having him successfully defend the World Title against a viking throwback! The druids will be carrying you out on your shield after the match!"

Nord: "They will, huh?! Well, I can think of no better way to go out than fighting like a true warrior! And if I meet my demise at the hands of the New Spoiler next week, I demand a proper burial! Light the funeral pyre!

"And the New Spoiler better be prepared for his own personal Ragnarock!"

Jimmy: "If you think you're scaring the World Champion with your Odinist viking talk you'd better guess again!

"The New Spoiler isn't afraid of any challengers! He has proven that time and time again since he won the title last summer!

"Nord, next week, you're not gonna have a great, historic moment! The fans will not be cheering for you as you win the World Title! No! You're just gonna be another statistic at the hands of this man!"

Nord: "Hahaha!"

Jimmy: "What's so funny, baby?!"

Nord: "Statistics?! Is this baseball or something! We're not playing percentages here, Hart! Pro wrestling is the ultimate survival of the fittest sport there is and ever will be!

"The only thing the people need to know is that three seconds...three seconds in a lifetime of hours, days, months and years, is all that stands between me and that belt!

"I can do this! I can beat the New Spoiler! And you two know it!"

New Spoiler was clearly getting agitated. Jimmy pulled New Spoiler aside and had a brief conversation with him off-mic.

Jimmy: "Nord, I want you to know that I just had to calm the World Champion down! He was starting to get upset with you! I told him not to hurt you tonight and save the thrashing of you for next week!"

Nord: "If he wants to come at me right now then let him do it!"

Crowd cheered.

New Spoiler removed the title belt from around his waist. Jimmy stepped in front of the champ and wildly gestured for New Spoiler not to go after Nord. Nord gestured for New Spoiler to come after him. New Spoiler gestured for Nord to remove the chain from around his neck and toss it aside.

Nord: "You want the chain gone?!"

Nord removed the chain and dropped it over the top rope down to the floor.

Nord: "Done! Now let's do battle!"

Crowd buzzing.

Jimmy stood in front of New Spoiler and was desperately trying to keep New Spoiler from going after Nord. New Spoiler tossed the title over to the side of the ring. Jimmy still trying to keep Nord at bay. Nord tossed his mic and pulled off his shirt and tossed it into the crowd. Nord put his fists up and was ready to fight. New Spoiler kept glaring at Nord.

New Spoiler then shoved Jimmy out of the way and charged over and jumped on Nord and the two started slugging it out in the ring. Neither man was gaining the advantage as the punches flew. Jimmy holed up in a corner and out of the way. Nord and New Spoiler continued to pound each other in what was an even battle. Eight members of the WCW security team came charging down to the ring. All eight climbed into the ring and grabbed the champ and the challenger. After a brief struggle, security was able to pull them apart and push New Spoiler to one side of the ring and Nord to the other side. Nord was yelling at New Spoiler as an angry New Spoiler glared at Nord without saying a word. Crowd buzzing. The two were being kept apart but both were moving around like caged animals. Nord broke through the wall of security holding him at bay and charged over and jumped into a group of WCW security members and started hitting New Spoiler. New Spoiler fired back with a brief flurry of punches before security was able to get the two separated once again. Four more members of WCW security came out and charged down to the ring and climbed in to help keep the peace. Jimmy Hart had quietly slithered to the safety of the floor. Nord and New Spoiler still wanted to tangle with each other but security was doing a good job of keeping them apart. Security was finally able, with some physical prodding, to get the New Spoiler to leave the ring and drop to the floor as the crowd booed. Jimmy Hart had grabbed the title belt out of the ring and walked over and handed it to New Spoiler. Nord yelled for New Spoiler to get back in the ring. Jimmy briefly talked with New Spoiler and Jimmy pointed back up the aisle. New Spoiler defiantly held the title up with his left hand and raised his fingerless gloved right hand in the air. The fingers on his right hand were bent in the shape of the claw. After a few more tense seconds, Jimmy was able to get New Spoiler to head back up the aisle as the crowd booed. Nord kept at bay in the ring by security as the announcers said they had to go to a break and informed the viewers the main event was next!)

(Commercials)

(Announcers intro'd video for the next WCW PPV:

WCW Presents: 'Spring Breakout' - Sunday - March 4 - Rio Rancho, NM - Santa Ana Star Center - 8pm E/5pm P - Tickets on sale Saturday, January 20 @ 10am MST!)

(Announcers hyped for next week on the first 'Mayhem' of 2018: WCW World Championship Match: New Spoiler (WC) vs. Nord The Barbarian; and Eric Embry makes his first appearance since losing to Tom Zenk at 'Season's Beatings'. Then sent it to the ring.)

Match 2
    The Good Ol' Boys vs. 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair & 'Mr. Wonderful' Paul Orndorff

('La Grange' by ZZ Top played and out came the Good Ol' Boys, Barry Windham and Bobby Duncum, Jr. to pretty strong boos. Windham and Duncum, Jr. were in black cowboy hats, black shirts, and black chaps. Windham also wore red tights and red and white cowboy-style wrestling boots. Duncum, Jr. was in yellow tights and yellow and white cowboy-style wrestling boots. The pair made their way to the ring and climbed in.

'Also Sprach Zarathustra' filled the arena and out came Orndorff and Flair to a strong ovation. Flair was in his red sequined robe with 'Nature Boy' written across the back. He was in his red tights and red boots with 'RF' in white lettering on the outside of each boot. Orndorff was in his red robe with black sleeves, red tights with 'Mr. #1derful' written on the back and red boots with white trim. The pair made their way to the ring and climbed in.

Flair and Orndorff got into a heated discussion about who should start the match for their team. The pair got animated and an unhappy Orndorff gestured for Flair to start the match.

Ref called for the bell.

Flair and Windham started the match for their teams. The two men came out of their corners and circled one another and engaged in a collar-and-elbow tie-up and Windham drove Flair next to the ropes and the ref ordered a break and the men broke cleanly. The two men circled one another again and Windham suddenly broke into a mocking Ric Flair strut and did the Flair 'Whoo!'. Windham turned and looked at Flair and started chuckling when Flair tore into Windham with a series of rapid-fire chest chops that stunned Windham. Flair whipped Windham into the ropes and caught Windham coming off with a big chest chop. Windham crashed to the mat. Flair dropped down on top of Windham and laid into Windham with a series of head shots. Flair snapped Windham up, whipped Windham into the ropes and looked to catch Windham coming off with a backdrop but Windham instead caught Flair with a kick to the chest. Flair shot up and stumbled back. Windham laid into Flair with a series of head shots, whipped Flair into the ropes and caught Flair coming off with a leaping lariat that dropped Flair. Windham for the cover and hooked the leg, 1...2... Flair kicked out. Orndorff never tried to enter the ring. Both men to their feet and Windham stunned Flair with a dropkick that sent Flair crashing to the mat. Windham tagged in Duncum Jr.. Flair up as Duncum Jr. came in and blasted Flair with a big running clothesline. Flair down. Duncum Jr. snapped up Flair, backed into the corner and charged out and nailed Flair with a running bulldog. Duncum Jr. quickly snapped up Flair and went for another bulldog but as Duncum Jr. got airborne, Flair was able to grab Duncum Jr. and crotch Duncum Jr. on the top turnbuckle. Duncum Jr. toppled back into the ring holding the goods. Orndorff stuck out his hand and yelled for Flair to tag him in. Flair looked over at his partner and then turned his attention back to Duncum Jr.

Schiavone: "The friction between Flair and Orndorff right now is very evident and very intense!"

Flair grabbed Duncum Jr. by the legs, maneuvered Duncum Jr. around, yanked on Duncum Jr.'s left leg a few times and then went to lock Duncum Jr. into the figure 4 but Duncum Jr. kicked Flair off. Flair hit the ropes and stumbled forward and Duncum Jr. , from his back, kicked Flair in the gut with both feet. Flair doubled over. Duncum Jr. reached up, grabbed Flair and rolled Flair up into a small package for the pin. 1...2... Flair kicked out. Orndorff looking on from the apron. Both men to their feet and Duncum Jr. swung at Flair and missed and Flair fired back with a series of blistering chest chops that stunned Duncum Jr. Flair then suplexed Duncum Jr., dropped an elbow smash across Duncum Jr.'s chest and then backed into the ropes and came off with a knee drop to the head that connected. Flair covered Duncum Jr. and hooked the leg. 1...2... Windham hit the ring and stomped Flair in the back to break up the pin try. Orndorff never tried to enter the ring on his partner's behalf. Windham back to his corner. Flair up as Duncum Jr. got to his knees. Flair reached down to grab Duncum Jr. and Duncum Jr. stunned Flair with a trio of gut punches. Duncum Jr. to his feet and laid into Flair with a series of deliberate head shots. Duncum Jr. then nailed Flair with a biel throw. Flair landed over by Orndorff. Orndorff reached his hand down over the top rope into the ring and told Flair to tag him. Flair writhed around on the mat for a few seconds and then got to a knee and looked up at Orndorff. Orndorff, hand still out, pleading with Flair to tag him in. Flair to his feet turned and said something to Orndorff and the pair started arguing.

Madden: "I do not believe what I'm seeing with Flair and Orndorff right now!"

Flair was facing Orndorff and Duncum Jr. took the opportunity to jump Flair from behind and pull Flair away from Orndorff and beat on Flair. Flair in a serious daze. Duncum Jr. whipped Flair into the corner and charged in and popped Flair with a running clothesline. Flair staggered out of the corner and crashed to the mat. Duncum Jr. assumed a three-point stance in the corner as Flair slowly and unsteadily got to his feet. Flair turned and Duncum Jr. charged out of the corner and went to nail Flair with a three-point stance clothesline but Flair ducked the move. Duncum Jr. spun around and Flair caught Duncum Jr. with a quick eye poke followed by a series of skin-tearing chest chops. The last chop spun Duncum Jr. around facing away from Flair. Flair dropped down and nailed Duncum Jr. with a chop block to the back of the left knee area. Duncum Jr. crumpled to the mat. Flair up and grabbed Duncum Jr.'s left leg and this time was able to wrap Duncum Jr. up in the figure 4. Duncum Jr. in serious pain in the hold. Crowd into it. Duncum Jr. not submitting. Flair with the hold firmly locked on. Flair was sitting up and Windham hit the ring, came up behind Flair and kicked Flair in the back to break up the hold. Orndorff slowly started to climb in the ring to go after Windham only after Windham was headed back to his corner. Flair and Duncum Jr. down in the ring. Windham and Orndorff both extended their hands and wanted their partners to tag them in. Duncum Jr. was able to lunge over and tag in Windham. Flair had just gotten to his feet and Winham hit the ring, spun Flair around and pulverized Flair with a stinging series of uppercuts. Windham whipped Flair into the ropes and caught Flair coming off with a flapjack. Flair's face slammed into the mat and Flair rolled over on his back and was in a bad way. Windham nailed Flair with a standing leg drop. Windham for the cover and hooked the leg. 1...2...thr... Flair kicked out. Orndorff only started to climb in the ring when the count reached two. Flair rolled over on his side and Windham stomped Flair in the back a couple of times and then grabbed Flair by the hair and dragged Flair face-first across the mat. Flair rolled over on his back holding his face. Windham snapped Flair up and nailed Flair with a suplex. Windham then went for a jumping elbow smash but Flair rolled out of the way and Windham crashed to the mat. Crowd popped. Both men down. Ref counting. Both men to their feet and Windham stunned Flair wiht a kick to the gut. Windham went to whip Flair into the buckles but Flair reversed and sent Windham crashing into them. Flair moved in and mounted the middle buckle and was standing over Windham. Flair popped Windham in the head with a series of head shots. Flair dropped back to his feet on the mat. A stunned Windham staggered out by the ropes holding the top rope. Flair nailed Windham with chest chop and Windham responded with one of his own on Flair. The two then engaged in a brief chop exchange. Flair gained the advantage and whipped Windham into the ropes and caught Windham coming off with his flying forearm shiver to the side of the head finisher. Windham crashed to the mat. Flair covered Windham and hooked the leg. 1...2...thr... Duncum Jr. hit the ring and stomped Flair in the back of the head to break up the pin try. Crowd groaned. Again, Orndorff started to climb in the ring for his team only when Duncum Jr. was headed back to his corner. Orndorff back out on the apron. Both Flair and Windham down. Ref counting.

Both Flair and Windham up and Flair went to chop Windham but Windham ducked the chop try and came back with a stinging uppercut on Flair. Windham nailed Flair with a couple of more uppercuts. Windham whipped Flair into the ropes and looked to catch Flair coming off with a backdrop but Flair leapfrogged Windham, spun around, grabbed Windham by the waist, ran Windham into the ropes and rolled up Windham from behind for the pin. 1...2...thr... Windham kicked Flair off and the momentum sent Flair in the direction of his team's corner and Flair tagged in Orndorff to a huge pop. Windham up and Orndorff came in and pulverized Windham with head shots, whipped Windham into the ropes and caught Windham coming off with a clothesline that dropped Windham. Orndorff grabbed Windham by the legs and spun Windham around in the giant leg swing and let Windham go and Windham crashed to the mat. Windham hurting. Windham up and Orndorff grabbed Windham, whipped Windham into the ropes and caught Windham coming off with a flying shoulder tackle. Windham crashed helplessly to the mat. Orndorff snapped Windham up, wrapped his arm around Windham's neck and prepared to blast Windham with his inverted DDT (Scorpion Death Drop) finisher but Duncum Jr. hit the ring and came up behind Orndorff and blasted Orndorff with a double sledge to the back. Orndorff lost his grip on Windham and Orndorff went down. Windham also down. Flair hit the ring and charged over and tore into Duncum Jr. with a series of punches followed by a brutal series of chest chops that sent Duncum Jr. scrambling from the ring to the floor. Flair followed Duncum Jr. out as Duncum Jr. started power-walking around the ring. Flair jumped Duncum Jr. and started pounding on Duncum Jr. to the delight of the crowd. In the ring, Orndorff to his feet as Windham got to a hand and knee. Orndorff moved in and popped Windhham with a boot to the side of the head. Orndorff snapped Windham up and went to whip Windham into the ropes but Windham reversed and caught Orndorff coming off with a leaping lariat. Orndorff crashed to the mat. Windham quickly shook out the affects of the match as Orndorff got to his feet. Windham grabbed Orndorff and whipped Orndorff into the buckles. On the floor, Flair and Duncum Jr. still slugging it out. In the ring, Windham moved in on Orndorff and laid into Orndorff with a brain-shaking series of rapid-fire head shots. Orndorff staggered out of the corner holding the top rope with his right hand. Windham came up behind Orndorff and clubbed Orndorff with a forearm smash to the back. Orndorff lost his grip on the top rope. Windham went to whip Orndorff into the ropes but Orndorff reversed and caught Windham coming off with a flying shoulder tackle. Windham crashed to the mat as the crowd roared. Both men down. Ref counting.

As Orndorff made it to his feet in the ring, Duncum Jr. had gained the advantage in his fight with Flair on the floor. Duncum Jr. started to crawl back into the ring and Orndorff saw him. Orndorff went over and stomped on Duncum Jr. a few times. Windham had recovered enough in the ring and was on his feet. Flair recovered on the floor and grabbed Duncum Jr.'s legs and pulled Duncum Jr. out of the ring back to the floor and Flair sent Duncum Jr. crashing into the ringside barricade. Just as Orndorff turned his attention back to Windham, Windham bounded off the ropes and blasted Orndorff with his crooked arm lariat (Axe Bomber) finisher. Orndorff crashed to the mat. Windham covered Orndorff and hooked the leg. 1... Flair climbed up on the apron in an attempt to climb back into the ring, but Duncum Jr. recovered and came over and clipped Flair's leg as Flair was climbing back into the ring. ...2... Flair fell through the top and middle rope into the ring. ...3! Ref called for the bell as the crowd booed.

Windham released Orndorff and got to his feet as Duncum Jr. walked around to another side of the ring and climbed in and congratulated Windham. Ref raised the Good Ol' Boys' hands in victory. Flair was on a knee next to the ropes looking down at the mat. Duncum Jr. decided to take liberties and stomp on the defeated Orndorff a few times before the victors left the ring for the floor and headed back up the aisle to strong boos.

In the ring: Flair made it to his feet as Orndorff was still down. Flair started walking around in the ring and then stood over Orndorff, bent down and angrily said something in Orndorff's face off-mic. Flair then started walking around the ring again with hands on hips and was shaking his head. Mixed crowd reaction as Larry Zbysko and Scott Hall, both in street clothes, charged down the aisle and hit the ring. Flair was facing away from the entrance aisle and Hall and Zbysko came up behind Flair and jumped him and started pounding the hell out of Flair. Flair went down on the mat and Hall and Zbysko put the boots to him. Orndorff had rolled over by the ropes. Hall snapped Flair up and threw Flair over the top rope and down to the floor. Flair down. Hall and Zbysko left the ring for the floor. Both men grabbed Flair and threw Flair at the ringside barricade. Flair crashed into the barricade and went down in a crumpled heap on the floor. Shot of Orndorff now on knee next to the ropes, his right arm laying on the middle rope. Hall and Zbysko looked over at Orndorff and Orndorff looked emotionlessly at them. Hall and Zbysko left the ringside area and headed back up the aisle. Shot of Flair down on the floor and then a shot of Orndorff still on knee next to the ropes and now with his head down as the program faded to black.

WINNER: Good Ol' Boys - Pinfall - Windham pinned Orndorff with a Crooked Arm Lariat - 13:49)

END PROGRAM
    Last edited by vadermania; 01-10-2018 at 06:43 PM.

Indy Talent

Status

I feel like I haven’t commented in here for a little while, so I figured I’d drop back in and say hi.

Showing the video recap of last week and Orndorff initially not showing up when he was supposed to really puts over the importance of tonight’s opening segment. The continuous build of tension between Flair and Orndorff has been done very well, and I thought this was good again. A war of words which leads to them almost fighting until they were interrupted. One thing I noticed is Orndorff said he knew “her” voice but also said he was outside the arena looking for the guy who called him. Not sure if you just made a mistake there or if that is Orndorff caught lying in plain sight. Anyway, The Good Ol’ Boys need a rub after what happened at Season Beatings, and beating Flair and Orndorff could be good for them. I also like the fact that during the promo you mentioned Flair and Whindam’s history. A really good opening to the show here and now we’ve got a fun main event sorted to, good stuff.

Million Dollar Bill needed a win on his return match back after his LONG holiday. No issues with the result here… Oh and poor Martel.

Short and sharp promo from him was fine as well, letting us know that the feud with his brother will continue. It was already obvious that was happening but no issues with Bill confirming it. Solid stuff.

Showing a highlight video of basically the whole match of last week is an interesting tactic… Way to kill some time on your show haha. As for the promos, they both basically confirm that the tag title feud is far from over. Los Lobos was typical baby face stuff which was fine, but Snuka and Muraco were so much better because of how full of shit they are. Putting themselves over for keeping the titles even though they got intentionally DQ’d. Good times. I look forward to seeing these teams do battle again in the future.

How long until Terry Taylor debuts? I’m excited for him to join the roster.

Nord The Barbarian challenging for the championship just sort of came out of nowhere, and I don’t know why, but I just can’t take him seriously as a challenger. It seems you just plucked him out of nowhere to fill some time for New Spoiler. With that being said, the segment did a pretty good job of building heat between the two. The brawl was awesome and it was good to see The Barbarian get his licks in because his inevitable loss.

Even though Flair and Orndorff are having their issues, which were continued brilliantly here, I’m so happy the Good Ol Boys won. Flair/Orndorff under their belts gets them back in business after an underwhelming PPV debut. The real story here though is Flair and Orndorff and with Orndorff just letting Flair get attacked, Ric will go off his nut next week. This angle is developing so well and this was a fun way to end the show.

Honestly, a pretty good show here. It felt like there was maybe less content than normal, not sure if I’m imagining it or not though. Either way, everything did a good job here and I look forward to reading more.

Underdog

Status

Quote Originally Posted by stojy View Post
    I feel like I haven’t commented in here for a little while, so I figured I’d drop back in and say hi.

Showing the video recap of last week and Orndorff initially not showing up when he was supposed to really puts over the importance of tonight’s opening segment. The continuous build of tension between Flair and Orndorff has been done very well, and I thought this was good again. A war of words which leads to them almost fighting until they were interrupted. One thing I noticed is Orndorff said he knew “her” voice but also said he was outside the arena looking for the guy who called him. Not sure if you just made a mistake there or if that is Orndorff caught lying in plain sight. Anyway, The Good Ol’ Boys need a rub after what happened at Season Beatings, and beating Flair and Orndorff could be good for them. I also like the fact that during the promo you mentioned Flair and Whindam’s history. A really good opening to the show here and now we’ve got a fun main event sorted to, good stuff.

Million Dollar Bill needed a win on his return match back after his LONG holiday. No issues with the result here… Oh and poor Martel.

Short and sharp promo from him was fine as well, letting us know that the feud with his brother will continue. It was already obvious that was happening but no issues with Bill confirming it. Solid stuff.

Showing a highlight video of basically the whole match of last week is an interesting tactic… Way to kill some time on your show haha. As for the promos, they both basically confirm that the tag title feud is far from over. Los Lobos was typical baby face stuff which was fine, but Snuka and Muraco were so much better because of how full of shit they are. Putting themselves over for keeping the titles even though they got intentionally DQ’d. Good times. I look forward to seeing these teams do battle again in the future.

How long until Terry Taylor debuts? I’m excited for him to join the roster.

Nord The Barbarian challenging for the championship just sort of came out of nowhere, and I don’t know why, but I just can’t take him seriously as a challenger. It seems you just plucked him out of nowhere to fill some time for New Spoiler. With that being said, the segment did a pretty good job of building heat between the two. The brawl was awesome and it was good to see The Barbarian get his licks in because his inevitable loss.

Even though Flair and Orndorff are having their issues, which were continued brilliantly here, I’m so happy the Good Ol Boys won. Flair/Orndorff under their belts gets them back in business after an underwhelming PPV debut. The real story here though is Flair and Orndorff and with Orndorff just letting Flair get attacked, Ric will go off his nut next week. This angle is developing so well and this was a fun way to end the show.

Honestly, a pretty good show here. It felt like there was maybe less content than normal, not sure if I’m imagining it or not though. Either way, everything did a good job here and I look forward to reading more.
    The whole Flair-Orndorff situation has a few more twists and turns to take. I think you might be surprised at what materializes in the long run here. Can't say much else right now without possibly tipping my hand.

And the Good Ol' Boys are back in business...

I did do more video re-capping on this show. Just felt it important to get across the two major storylines.

If you notice in the tag title match in ep. 135, the two teams didn't really wrestle at all. They just beat the shit out of each other. Very few actual moves in the match. Thought I needed something different and a violent, bloody match between the two sides with the heel DQ finish to escalate the program and build interest for a re-match seemed like a good way to go.

Glad you're enjoying Snuka's and Muraco's assholishness.

Also, Terry Taylor is debuting at 'Winter Warfare' in February. Just have a few more intro vids of his to do before then. Think I mentioned in an earlier post that he was gonna be my loosely based version of 'Mr. Perfect'.

I had to give Nord something to do since he was just languishing on my roster after being part of the Allies in the war with the Sheik's Army. So...presto...World Title contender. Also gives NS a fresh opponent. Who knows...New Spoiler's reign could end in this match... One of those unexpected 'shock the world' moments.

Thanks for your comments, Stojy. And congrats on your wins in the year end awards.

Underdog

Status

It's the first Mayhem of 2018!

WCW World Championship Match: The New Spoiler (WC) vs. Nord The Barbarian
    Can Nord pull off the biggest upset of the sports year on the second day of 2018?!

After Mayhem went off the air last week the cameras kept rolling. See what happened between Paul Orndorff and Ric Flair after losing the main event to the Good Ol' Boys.

Eric Embry makes his first appearance on Mayhem since losing to Tom Zenk at Season's Beatings last month

Tony Garea of the WCW Championship Committee has major news regarding the World Tag Team Championships

Larry Zbysko vs. Bob Orton

Marty Jannetty sees action

Another video from Terry Taylor, aka, the 'World's Greatest Athlete', who is coming soon to WCW

AND MORE!!!

Show will be posted Friday, Jan. 12.

I am going to try and post a new show every 4-6 days until I get caught up and can get back on my regular weekly schedule of posting the show every Tuesday.

Underdog

Status

Mayhem Ep. 137 will be posted later today.

Underdog

Status

WCW MAYHEM - EP. 137 - TUCSON, AZ - TUCSON ARENA - 1-2-18 (Taped)

(Show Intro)

(Crowd Shots/Pyro)

(Announcers Tony Schiavone and Mark Madden welcomed viewers and ran down the program: WCW World Championship Match: New Spoiler (WC) vs. Nord The Barbarian; a major announcement concerning the World Tag Team Titles; Eric Embry makes his first appearance since losing to Tom Zenk at 'Season's Beatings'; another video about a new wrestler coming to WCW: Terry Taylor; Marty Jannetty sees action; and more!)

(Announcers intro'd video from last week of what went down at the end of the match pitting Ric Flair and Paul Orndorff against the Good Ol' Boys.

VIDEO:

Duncum Jr. started to crawl back into the ring and Orndorff saw him. Orndorff went over and stomped on Duncum Jr. a few times. Windham had recovered enough in the ring and was on his feet. Flair recovered on the floor and grabbed Duncum Jr.'s legs and pulled Duncum Jr. out of the ring back to the floor and Flair sent Duncum Jr. crashing into the ringside barricade. Just as Orndorff turned his attention back to Windham, Windham bounded off the ropes and blasted Orndorff with his crooked arm lariat (Axe Bomber) finisher. Orndorff crashed to the mat. Windham covered Orndorff and hooked the leg. 1... Flair climbed up on the apron in an attempt to climb back into the ring, but Duncum Jr. recovered and came over and clipped Flair's leg as Flair was climbing back into the ring. ...2... Flair fell through the top and middle rope into the ring. ...3! Ref called for the bell as the crowd booed.

Flair made it to his feet as Orndorff was still down. Flair started walking around in the ring and then stood over Orndorff, bent down and angrily said something in Orndorff's face off-mic. Flair then started walking around in the ring again with hands on hips and was shaking his head. Mixed crowd reaction as Larry Zbysko and Scott Hall, both in street clothes, charged down the aisle and hit the ring. Flair was facing away from the entrance aisle and Hall and Zbysko came up behind Flair and jumped him and started pounding the hell out of Flair. Flair went down on the mat and Hall and Zbysko put the boots to him. Orndorff had rolled over by the ropes. Hall snapped Flair up and threw Flair over the top rope and down to the floor. Flair down. Hall and Zbysko left the ring for the floor. Both men grabbed Flair and threw Flair at the ringside barricade. Flair crashed into the barricade and went down in a crumpled heap on the floor. Shot of Orndorff now on knee next to the ropes, his right arm laying on the middle rope. Hall and Zbysko looked over at Orndorff and Orndorff looked expressionlessly at them. Hall and Zbysko left the ringside area and headed back up the aisle. Shot of Flair down on the floor and then a shot of Orndorff still on knee next to the ropes and now with his head down as the program faded to black.

Announcers then said the cameras kept rolling and intro'd video of what happened after the show went off the air.

VIDEO:

Flair was still down on the floor and slowly starting to recover from the attack by Hall and Zbysko. In the ring, Orndorff slowly made it to his feet. Orndorff, with hands on hips and walking around, briefly shook out the affects of the match and then left the ring, dropped to the floor and headed back up the aisle without even bothering to check on Flair. Camera followed Orndorff as he walked to the back.

Camera kept rolling as backstage interviewer Scott Hudson, with mic in hand, caught up with Orndorff as Orndorff walked to his locker room.

Hudson: "Paul Orndorff, can I have a word with you?"

Orndorff kept walking without responding.

Hudson: "Why did you walk off and leave your tag team partner Ric Flair at ringside?"

Orndorff stopped and had his back turned to the camera.

Hudson: "Can you speak to me for a moment?"

Orndorff kept his back turned to the camera and said nothing.

Hudson: "Can you answer..."

Orndorff (eerily calm): "You want an answer, Hudson?"

Hudson: "That would be appreciated."

Orndorff's back was still to the camera. Orndorff looked up at the ceiling, inhaled deeply and blew the air our through his mouth and then looked back down.

Orndorff: "Well, here's your damn..."

Ric Flair suddenly charged into the picture and shoved Orndorff from behind. Orndorff stumbled forward and then spun around and his face was a mask of rage. The two got in each other's faces.

Flair: "What the hell was that, pal?! You just leave me laying out there?! I'm you're tag team partner, remember?!"

Orndorff: "I was still in a bit of a mental fog, Ric, because Windham hit me with his big lariat! Where were you when I was being pinned by him?!"

Flair: "Are you (bleep)ing kidding me?! I tried to climb back into the ring and make the save but Duncum tripped me up before I could get to you!"

Orndorff angrily shook a finger in Flair's face.

Orndorff: "Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight! Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight! You know what, Ric?!"

Flair was seething and was beet red in the face.

Orndorff: "Just forget it."

Orndorff turned and started to walk away.

Flair: "I'm not done talking to you! Hey!"

Flair walked up behind Orndorff and spun Orndorff around. Orndorff and Flair briefly glared at one another and Orndorff then shoved Flair and Flair returned the shove. The two appeared on the verged of coming to blows when Hudson suddenly stepped in.

Hudson: "Hey! Hey! Not here! Not like this!"

Orndorff and Flair kept looking at each other with fury in their eyes.

Orndorff (low-key but with anger in his voice): "We'll resolve this later, Flair."

Orndorff stormed off as Flair stood with Scott Hudson.

Hudson: "Ric, do you have anything you want to say?"

Flair kept looking at Orndorff as Orndorff just kept walking off into the distance.

Hudson: "Ric?"

Flair (agitated): "Why don't you take that microphone and shove it where the sun doesn't shine."

Flair then walked off as Hudson looked on.)

(Announcers discussed the Flair-Orndorff situation and wondered how it was all going to finally play out. Then sent it to the ring.)

Match 1
    'Living Legend' Larry Zbysko w/ Scott Hall vs. 'Cowboy' Bob Orton

('Desperado' by Alice Cooper played and out came Bob Orton to a modest ovation. Orton was in a brown cowboy hat, brown vest with fringes, blue tights and black boots with white horseshoes on the outside of each boot. Orton slapped hands with fans on the way to the ring and climbed in and briefly acknowledged the crowd.

'I'm The Man' played and out came Larry Zbysko and Scott Hall to a mixed crowd reaction. Zbysko was in his black ring jacket with 'Living Legend' written in gold lettering on the back, black tights and black boots with 'LZ' in gold lettering on the outside of each boot. Hall was in street clothes and had a toothpick in his piehole.The pair made their way to the ring, climbed in and briefly played to the crowd.

Hall had final words with Zbysko before Hall left the ring for the floor.

Ref called for the bell.

The two men came out of their corners and Zbysko went to kick Orton but Orton grabbed Zbysko's leg, spun Zbysko all the way around and dropped Zbysko with a clothesline. Orton covered Zbysko. 1... Zbysko kicked out. Orton snapped Zbysko up and caught Zbysko in a side headlock and Zbysko countered with a belly-to-back suplex. Both men to their feet and Zbysko caught Orton with a kick to the gut. Zbysko whipped Orton into the ropes and caught Orton coming off with a spin kick to the chest. Orton crashed to the mat. Zbysko dropped down on Orton and popped Orton with a series of head shots. Zbysko covered Orton. 1...2... Orton kicked out. Zbysko snapped Orton up and went to suplex Orton but Orton twice blocked the move and nailed Zbysko with a suplex. Both men to their feet and Orton stunned Zbysko with a series of bionic elbows to the top of the head. Zbysko stunned. Orton picked up Zbysko and popped Zbysko with a rib breaker across the knee. Orton mounted the middle buckle facing the crowd and came off with a slingshot splash that connected. Orton for the cover. 1...2... Zbysko kicked out. Orton snapped up Zbysko and went to whip Zbysko into the ropes but Zbysko reversed and caught Orton coming off with a dropkick. Orton crashed to the mat. Orton up and Zbysko moved in and nailed Orton with a couple of head shots. Zbysko then slammed Oton's head into the top buckle. Orton spun around in the corner. Zbysko drove a series of knees into Orton's gut. Zbysko pulled Orton out of the corner in a front facelock and blasted Orton with a swinging neckbreaker. Orton down holding the back of his neck. Hall at ringside applauding Zbysko. Zbysko snapped Orton up and went to piledrive Orton but Orton twice blocked the move and backdropped Zbysko to the mat. Orton stumbled forward and dropped to a knee. Orton briefly shook out the affects of the match as Zbysko got to his feet. Orton up and turned around and Zbysko went to punch Orton but Orton blocked the punch try and fired away on Zbysko with a series of stinging rights that drove Zbysko into the corner. Orton then nailed Zbysko with a running bulldog. Many in the crowd cheered. Hall concerned at ringside. Orton up and waited for Zbysko to get to his feet. Zbysko slowly up and Orton moved in and went for his jumping cutter (RKO) finisher but Zbysko was able to shove Orton off. Orton turned and came at Zbysko and Zbysko stunned Orton with a kick to the gut that doubled Orton over. Zbysko hoisted Orton up and blasted Orton with his brainbuster finisher. Zbysko for the cover and hooked the leg. 1...2...3! Ref called for the bell to a mixed crowd reaction.

Zbysko to his feet and the ref raised his hand in victory as Hall climbed into the ring. Hall congratulated his partner. Hall then raised his right foot like he was about to stomp the down and defeated Orton but then stopped, shook his head 'no and did the blow-off gesture with his hands and Hall and Zbysko then left the ring and headed back up the aisle to a mixed crowd reaction.

WINNER: Zbysko - Pinfall - Brainbuster - 4:06)

(Announcers discussed Zbysko defeating Orton. Hyped still to come: WCW World Championship Match: New Spoiler (WC) vs. Nord The Barbarian; a major announcement concerning the World Tag Team Titles; another video about a new wrestler coming to WCW: Terry Taylor; Marty Jannetty sees action; and more. Said Eric Embry makes an appearance after the break.)

(Commercials)

(VIDEO:

IT'S WORLD CLASS WRESTLING ON TOUR!

Tuesday - January 9 - Beaumont, TX - Ford Arena - WCW Mayhem

Tuesday - January 23 - Daytona Beach, FL - Ocean Center - WCW Mayhem

Saturday - January 27 - Honolulu, HI - Blaisdell Arena

Friday - February 2 - Tampa, FL - USF Sundome - Winter Warfare (Tru TV Special Event)

Tuesday - February 6 - Jackson, MS - Mississippi Coliseum - WCW Mayhem

More info: Visit the WCW website!)

(Pics aired from 'Season's Beatings of the tables match where Tom Zenk beat Eric Embry.)

(In-ring: Craig Johnson.

Johnson: "We are back on 'Mayhem'! I'm Craig Johnson.

"Please welcome my guest at this time...Eric Embry!"

'Start Me Up' played and out came Embry to pretty strong boos. Embry was in street clothes. Embry solemnly made his way to the ring and climbed in. Embry looked somewhat sad as he looked out at the booing crowd.

Johnson: "Alright. Eric, we haven't seen you since you lost the tables match to Tom Zenk at 'Season's Beatings'. What have you been up to since then?"

Embry (somber): "After I lost unexpectedly to Tom Zenk in the tables match, I went into a deep, downward spiral. It was a dark time for me. Both my mind and my body were weighted down by the loss. So, I needed some spiritual and physical cleansing."

Johnson: "What do you mean by spiritual and physical cleansing?"

Embry: "I underwent some serious auditing over a period of several days."

Johnson (puzzled): "Auditing? What..."

Embry: "Yes, auditing. My personal auditor and I never left the building where the auditing took place for almost a week. The cans were practically glued to my hands."

Johnson (stunned): "Cans?! What are these cans?! What are you even talking..."

Embry: "As I firmly grasped the cans and purged myself of the loss in the tables match my needle was floating."

Johnson: "Huh?!"

Embry: "I could feel myself clearing out the negative affects of the loss. It came pouring out of me. And it was all thanks to auditing.

"Without that intensive auditing, I might have jumped off the Bridge!"

Johnson (exasperated): "Is this some kind of joke?! What bridge are you talking about?! Where is this bridge?! Please, Eric! This makes no sense!"

Embry: "It's not a physical bridge that I'm talking about. Craig! It is THE BRIDGE!"

Johnson slapped his head and started walking around the ring and was clearly baffled and frustrated with the whole interview.

Johnson: "Give me a minute to compose myself! Jeez!

"What is this bridge, then?!"

Embry: "It's the Bridge to Total Freedom! It is the only Bridge you can walk and become completely clear!"

Johnson just shook his head in disbelief.

Johnson: "Just keep talking. I have no idea what to say at this moment."

Embry: "Good! Keep your mouth shut and let someone who is clear talk to these people!

"The intense auditing I underwent has freed me from the bad things that threatened to bring me down! I've flushed all the toxins out of my mind and body from what transpired at 'Season's Beatings'!

"I am now ready to butt heads with that SP Tom Zenk once again in this ring! And this time there will be no stopping me from getting the job done and furthering my walk along THE BRIDGE!"

Johnson: "I...I'm done!"

Johnson flipped the mic in the air and left the ring for the floor as Embry stood in the ring and soaked in the negative crowd reaction.)

(Announcers discussed another bizarre interview with Eric Embry. Hyped still to come: WCW World Championship Match: New Spoiler (WC) vs. Nord The Barbarian; a major announcement concerning the World Tag Team Titles; another video about a new wrestler coming to WCW: Terry Taylor; and more. Said Marty Jannetty wrestles after the break.)

(Commercials)

(Announcers hyped the next Tru TV Special Event:

WCW Presents: 'Winter Warfare' - LIVE! on Tru TV - Friday - February 2 - Tampa, FL - USF Sun Dome - 9pm E/6pm P - Tickets on sale NOW!)

(In-ring: Craig Johnson.

Johnson: "We are back on 'Mayhem'.

"With me in the ring right now is Tony Garea of the WCW Championship Committee."

Garea was in a suit.

Johnson: "Tony, after what went down in the tag team title match a couple of weeks ago, we hear you have some major news regarding the belts."

Garea: "I do, Craig.

"Two weeks ago, we saw a wild match between the tag team champions Don Muraco and Jimmy Snuka and the challengers Los Lobos. It wasn't so much a wrestling match as it was a brutal, blood-letting of a fight. Both teams tore into each other with an almost animal-like ferocity. It's safe to say that both teams might still be feeling the affects of that match today because that's how hard-hitting it was.

"We also saw the champions intentionally get themselves disqualified when it appeared they were on the verge of defeat. Los Lobos made a very strong showing in the match and we believe they proved themselves more than worthy of another shot at the titles."

Johnson: "When will the match be taking place?"

Garea: "The championship committee has decided that the match will take place here on 'Mayhem' in two weeks."

Crowd cheered.

Johnson: "So, that's the January 16th episode of 'Mayhem'?"

Garea: "You've got it, Craig. And it promises to be another barn-burner between these two very good teams."

Johnson: "You fans heard it! It's the re-match for the World Tag Team Titles as Jimmy Snuka and Don Muraco defend the belts one more time against Los Lobos on 'Mayhem' two weeks from tonight!

"Tony and Mark. Back to you.")

(Announcers discussed the making of the tag team title re-match.)

(Announcers then intro'd another video of a new wrestler coming to WCW: Terry Taylor.

VIDEO:

Video opened with a shot of Terry Taylor standing inside a batting cage facing a pitching machine. A man in orange and black baseball attire was standing outside the cage and observing.

Taylor was in blue sweat pants with two white stripes going down the outside of each leg, blue and white cleats, a blue batting helmet with 'TT' in overlaid white lettering on the front of the helmet (think the Texas Tech 'TT' logo) with a left ear flap and a white baseball jersey with the 'TT' logo in blue lettering on the left breast and 'Taylor' and the number '1' in blue on the back of the jersey.

Video showed shots from different angles of Taylor tearing into one pitch after another. Taylor then stopped hitting and turned and walked outside the cage with bat in hand.

Man outside the cage: "Terry! You just faced 100 pitches, all at major league speed, and hit every one of them solidly! My players couldn't even do what you just did! Incredible!"

The man shook Taylor's hand.

Taylor: "That's high praise coming from Don Mattingly."

Mattingly: "Are you sure you don't want to give Major League Baseball a try?"

Taylor: "I like baseball. But my love is wrestling."

Mattingly: "Well, if you ever want to suit up and play hardball, just give the Marlins a call."

Taylor: "Thanks, Don. Might just do that one day if I get bored of outclassing the competition inside the squared circle."

Mattingly: "You do that. Awesome showing inside the cage. Just awesome."

The pair shook hands one more time and Mattingly walked away.

Taylor: "I'm Terry Taylor. But you can call me the 'World's Greatest Athlete'.

"I'm not good, I'm great at all sports. I don't even need much practice. It all comes so naturally to me. I make it look easy while other athletes in the sports world have to practice all the time just to be lucky enough to play their sport at an even remotely advanced level.

"And I'm also gonna make it look real smooth once I step in between the ropes in WCW. You've got a lot of great wrestlers there; and they're all good athletes.

"But none of them are the 'World's Greatest Athlete' Terry Taylor! And you're gonna see, just like I showed in this batting cage here, that I back up my words with results! Sports is all about results and the 'World's Greatest Athlete' delivers results like no one else can!

"See you soon!"

Taylor turned and walked back into the batting cage.

Taylor: "Start up the pitching machine again!"

Taylor again stepped to the plate and took a couple of practice swings. A pitch came out of the machine and Taylor drilled it as the video faded to black.)

(Announcers discussed the Taylor video. Then sent it to the ring.)

Match 2
    Marty Jannetty vs. Pete Doherty

(Doherty was already in the ring and announced.

'Rock-N-Roll Fantasy' by Bad Company filled the arena and out came Jannetty to a solid ovation. Jannetty was in a black leather jacket with an electric guitar design across the back, leg-length tights that had a red left leg and black right leg and red boots. Jannetty slapped hands with fans on the way to the ring and then climbed in and acknowledged the crowd.

Jannetty removed his leather jacket and was handing it down to the ring attendant when Doherty charged over and jumped Jannetty from behind.

Ref called for the bell.

Doherty pounded on Jannetty a little more, whipped Jannetty into the ropes and caught Jannetty coming off with a backdrop. Doherty looked out at the crowd and pointed at his head to show how smart he was. Unfortunately, Jannetty had quickly gotten to his feet behind Doherty. Doherty turned and Jannetty pulverized Doherty with his superkick finisher. Jannetty for the cover. 1...2...3! Ref called for the bell as the crowd cheered.

Jannetty to his feet and the ref raised his hand in victory.

Tommy Rich, in his Southern Connection ring attire came out and made his way to the ring. Rich climbed in and Jannetty turned and was surprised to see him.

Announcers pointed out that Rich and Jannetty used to wrestle as the tag team the Southern Connection. Rich extended his hand to shake Jannetty's and Jannetty responded in kind and the pair shook hands and then Rich raised Jannetty's hand in victory and Jannetty seemed a little stunned by that. Rich then let go of Jannetty's hand and bowed to Jannetty and then applauded Jannetty. Jannetty seemed puzzled. The two then started talking in the ring.

WINNER: Jannetty - Pinfall - Superkick - 0:21)

(Announcers discussed the quick win by Jannetty and Rich coming out after the match and congratulating Jannetty in an over-the-top fashion on winning the match. Said the World Title match main event is coming up after the break.)

(Commercials)

(Announcers intro'd video for the next WCW PPV:

WCW Presents: 'Spring Breakout' - Sunday - March 4 - Rio Rancho, NM - Santa Ana Star Center - 8pm E/5pm P - Tickets on sale Saturday, January 20 @ 10am MST!)

(Announcers hyped for next week on 'Mayhem': Sid Vicious vs. 'Million Dollar' Bill; Don Muraco and Jimmy Snuka (WTTC) and Los Lobos make an appearance one week before their title re-match; an interview with Sgt. Slaughter about his recovery from his neck injury; Bret Hart sees action; another video from the 'World's Greatest Athlete' Terry Taylor; and more! Then sent it to the ring.)

Match 3 (WCW World Championship Match)
    The New Spoiler (WC) w/ Mgr. Jimmy Hart vs. Nord The Barbarian

('Deaf Forever' played and out came Nord to a decent amount of cheers. Nord was in his fur-lined vest, black tights with white life rune on the back and fur-lined boots. He was carrying his chain Valhalla. Nord got in the ring and stomped around and waved his chain in the air. Nord then went to his corner.

Instrumental song 'The Champ' played and out on the entrance stage walked World Champion the New Spoiler and manager Jimmy Hart to strong boos. New Spoiler was wearing the silver mask with black trim, a black singlet with the bottom half of the tights covered by red leg-length tights with a black stripe going down the outside of each leg, a fingerless black glove on his right hand and black boots with the silver Spoiler mask on the outside of each boot. He had the title around his waist. Jimmy Hart was in a black suit with 'First Family' written across the back of the jacket, white dress shirt and black thin tie, black and white shoes, sunglasses and carrying his trademark megaphone. The pair made their way to the ring and climbed in. Hart briefly played to the crowd as New Spoiler stood stoically in the corner.

Ref took the belt from New Spoiler and walked around the ring holding the belt aloft for all to see. Ref then handed the belt off to ring announcer Craig Johnson.

Ref called both men to the middle of the ring. Jimmy Hart came out with New Spoiler. Ref laid down the ground rules and the patted each man down as Nord and New Spoiler glared at each other. Ref sent each man back to his corner.

Jimmy had final words with New Spoiler before heading to the floor.

Ref called for the bell.

The two men came out of their corners and circled one another and engaged in a collar-and-elbow tie-up and Nord threw New Spoiler off and New Spoiler crashed to the mat. New Spoiler to his feet and the two engaged in another collar-and-elbow tie-up and Nord once again threw New Spoiler off and down to the mat to the delight of the crowd. New Spoiler made it to his feet again and quickly sized up the situation. New Spoiler charged at Nord and Nord dropped New Spoiler with a shoulder tackle. New Spoiler up and charged at Nord and Nord caught the champ and pressed slammed the champ to the mat. New Spoiler quickly rolled out of the ring and dropped to his feet on the floor and New Spoiler started furiously pounding the ring apron with his hands and then started angrily walking around. Jimmy came over to talk with the champ and calm him down. Ref ordered Nord to stand back and Nord did and the ref began the 20-count.

Madden: "Nord has the World Champion shaken up early in this match. Now might be the time to go for the kill and try to win the title."

New Spoiler climbed back up on the ring apron as the count grew. New Spoiler cautiously started to step back into the ring. With one foot in the ring, New Spoiler looked over at Nord and Nord gestured for New Spoiler to get in the ring. New Spoiler cautiously climbed back into the ring and started slowly moving around in the ring. New Spoiler initiated another collar-and-elbow tie-up. The two men struggled for an advantage and the New Spoiler got up inside on Nord and hit Nord with a series of knees to the gut. New Spoiler then spun around behind Nord and caught Nord in a hammerlock. New Spoiler cinched up on the hold as Nord winced in pain. New Spoiler worked over the hold but Nord would not submit. Nord found the strength to escape from New Spoiler's grasp and wound up reversing the hammerlock. Now, New Spoiler locked in the hold. Nord tightened up on the hold. New Spoiler started inching towards the ropes in an effort to grab the top rope but Nord pulled New Spoiler away from the ropes and rode New Spoiler down to the mat locked in the hold. Nord then drove a series of knees into New Spoiler's left arm area. Nord released the hold, got up and stomped on New Spoiler's left arm. New Spoiler shot to his knees holding his left arm. Nord snapped New Spoiler up and went to whip New Spoiler into the ropes but New Spoiler reversed and caught Nord coming off with a kick to the gut that doubled Nord over. New Spoiler popped Nord with a quick head shot, backed up and moved in and blasted Nord with a high knee lift to the chest. Nord crashed to the mat. New Spoiler briefly shook out the affects of where Nord had worked over his left arm. Nord got to a knee and New Spoiler booted Nord in the side of the head. Nord toppled over. New Spoiler dropped to his knees and applied the stomach claw to Nord. Nord in serious pain. New Spoiler briefly released the hold and then re-applied it. Nord hurting some more but not giving up. New Spoiler repeated the move a third time and held a firm grip on the hold. Nord writhing in agony but not submitting. Jimmy Hart cheering on Nord through his megaphone at ringside. New Spoiler released the stomach claw on Nord and Nord rolled over on his side holding the part of his gut where the claw had been applied. New Spoiler up and stomped Nord a trio of times in the back. New Spoiler snapped Nord up and whipped Nord into the corner. New Spoiler started to move in the direction of Nord and Nord suddenly shot out of the corner and blasted New Spoiler with a big running clothesline. New Spoiler crashed to the mat. Nord briefly shook out the affects of the match as New Spoiler got to his feet. New Spoiler up and Nord charged in and pulverized New Spoiler with a second running clothesline. New Spoiler crashed back to the mat. New Spoiler a little slower in getting up as Nord laid in waiting. New Spoiler up, turned and Nord charged in and hammered New Spoiler with a third running clothesline. New Spoiler crashed back to the mat. Nord covered New Spoiler and hooked the leg. 1...2... New Spoiler kicked out. Nord up and New Spoiler to all fours and Nord kicked New Spoiler in the side of the ribs.

Nord snapped New Spoiler up and attempted to hoist New Spoiler up for the gourdbuster but New Spoiler twice blocked the move and popped Nord with a gourdbuster of his own. Nord rolled over on his back and New Spoiler got on top of Nord and raised his gloved right hand and went to lock Nord in his Iron Claw finisher but Nord was able to get his arms up and cross them in an 'x' fashion to block the attempt. The two struggled as New Spoiler kept trying to fight through Nord's resistance and clamp on his devastating finisher. Nord kept successfully repelling New Spoiler's claw try and was able to gain leverage and turn so he was now on top of New Spoiler. Nord on top of New Spoiler and popped New Spoiler with a series of head shots. Nord snapped New Spoiler up and locked New Spoiler in a front facelock and hammered New Spoiler across the upper back with a series of stiff forearm smashes. New Spoiler down to his hands and knees. Nord went out on the apron and mounted the top buckle as New Spoiler got up bent over and Nord came off with a leg drop bulldog that connected. New Spoiler down and hurting. Nord snapped New Spoiler up and nailed the champ with a spinning powerslam. Nord for the cover and hooked the leg. 1...2...thr... New Spoiler kicked out. Crowd groaned. Nord snapped New Spoiler up and whipped New Spoiler into the corner. Nord charged in and looked to blast New Spoiler with a running shoulder block but New Spoiler moved and Nord crashed shoulder-first into the post. New Spoiler quickly shook out some of the affects of the match as Nord extricated himself from the post. Nord turned and took a step out of the corner and New Spoiler popped Nord with a kick to the gut followed by a Saito suplex. New Spoiler for the cover and hooked the leg. 1...2... Nord kicked out. Both men to their feet and New Spoiler caught Nord with a dropkick. Nord went down. Nord started getting up and New Spoiler moved in and popped Nord with a trio of head shots, whipped Nord into the ropes and looked to catch Nord coming off with a backdrop, but Nord instead caught New Spoiler in a front facelock and nailed New Spoiler with gourdbuster. New Spoiler slammed front-first into the mat and then rolled over on his back. Nord covered New Spoiler and hooked the leg. 1...2...thr... New Spoiler kicked out. Crowd groaned. Both men laid out on the mat. Ref counting. Nord to his feet as New Spoiler got to his knees. Nord reached down and started to pull New Spoiler up and New Spoiler grabbed Nord around the waist and drove Nord hard, back-first into the buckles. Nord slammed into the buckles and staggered out of the corner as New Spoiler stalked Nord. New Spoiler spun Nord around and laid into Nord with a series of head shots followed by a discus punch to the head. Nord crashed to the mat. New Spoiler snapped up Nord, grabbed Nord's hand and New Spoiler mounted the top rope and did the arm twist rope walk and then came off with a punch to the head of Nord. Nord down. New Spoiler snapped Nord up, whipped Nord into the ropes and caught Nord coming off with a dropkick. Nord crashed to the mat. Nord got up facing away from New Spoiler and New Spoiler moved in and caught Nord in the sleeper.

Nord struggled in the hold as New Spoiler had it firmly locked on. Nord started to slowly fade in the hold. Nord was able to maneuver around while locked in the hold and backed New Spoiler into the buckles but New Spoiler retained his grip on the hold. Nord backed New Spoiler into the buckles again and New Spoiler's grip appeared to loosen on the hold. Jimmy Hart screaming through the megaphone at ringside. Nord Backed New Spoiler into the buckles a third time and New Spoiler lost his grip on the hold. Nord pulled New Spoiler out of the corner and went to whip New Spoiler into the ropes but New Spoiler reversed and looked to catch Nord coming off with a clothesline but Nord ducked the move and came back and blasted new Spoiler with a clothesline of his own.New Spoiler crashed to the mat. Crowd erupted. Nord started stomping around in the ring. Jimmy Hart in a panic at ringside.

Schiavone: "These people are starting to believe that Nord can pull off the upset!"

A shaky New Spoiler made his way to his feet and Nord moved in and New Spoiler weakly went to punch Nord in the head but Nord blocked the punch try and fired away with head shots of his own on New Spoiler. Crowd into it. Nord whipped New Spoiler into the ropes and caught New Spoiler coming off with a boot to the face. New Spoiler crashed to the mat. Nord ran and hit the ropes and came off with his flying leg drop finisher that connected. Crowd now roaring at an ear-splitting level. Nord covered New Spoiler and hooked the leg. 1...2...thr... New Spoiler got a shoulder up. Crowd let out a building-shaking groan. Nord up and quick stomped New Spoiler. Nord ran and hit the ropes and came off with his flying leg drop finisher a second time but New Spoiler rolled out of the way and Nord crashed to the mat. Some fans visibly upset. Jimmy Hart came back from the brink of a heart attack. Both men down. Ref counting. Both men slowly made it to their feet and New Spoiler moved in and blasted Nord with a double knee facebuster. Nord down holding his face. New Spoiler snapped up Nord and nailed Nord with a short-arm clothesline. Nord crashed back to the mat. New Spoiler leaned/fell back against the ropes and regained his bearings as Nord struggled just to make it to his knees. New Spoiler raised his gloved right hand in the air. A shaky Nord slowly made it to his feet and turned and New Spoiler moved in and locked Nord in his Iron Claw finisher. New Spoiler with the hold firmly locked on. Nord briefly fought through the pain before dropping to his knees still locked in the hold. The pain proved too much and a few seconds later Nord furiously slapped the outside of New Spoiler's left leg signaling a tap out. Ref called for the bell as the crowd booed.

New Spoiler held the hold on Nord a few more seconds and then released it and Nord toppled helplessly to the mat.

Ref went over and took the title and had a few words with Craig Johnson. Jimmy Hart now in the ring and celebrating. Ref handed New Spoiler the title and raised New Spoiler's hand in victory.

Johnson: "In a time of 16 minutes, 12 seconds, your winner...and STILL WCW World Heavyweight Champion...the New Spoiler!"

Boos continued as an ecstatic Jimmy Hart strutted around the ring in celebration. The New Spoiler draped the World Title over his left shoulder and raised his gloved right fist in the air as the program faded to black.

WINNER: New Spoiler - Submission - Iron Claw - 16:42)

END PROGRAM

Dark Match

Rodeo Drive Street Fight: Scott Irwin vs. 'Million Dollar' Bill
    (WINNER: Scott Irwin - Pinfall - Hit Bill in the head with a gold-plated toilet seat - 13:17)
    * Both men bled
    Last edited by vadermania; 01-13-2018 at 05:11 AM.

Underdog

Status

WCW Mayhem Ratings & Mayhem Update

Ratings

Ep. 134: 1.4

Ep. 135: 1.3

Ep. 136: 1.3

Ep. 137: 1.4

(The loss of five weeks worth of TV in October and November of last year has strongly impacted ratings and they haven't fully recovered.)

One week before their title re-match, tag team champions Don Muraco and Jimmy Snuka and challengers Los Lobos have a final confrontation with each other

Main Event: Sid Vicious vs. 'Million Dollar' Bill

'Hitman' Bret Hart sees action

Pre-recorded comments from Ric Flair and Paul Orndorff. Are things still fracturing between the two?

An interview with Sgt. Slaughter from his home as he recovers from his neck injury, courtesy of Dick Slater

Non-Title: Dick Slater (TVC) vs. Brian Blair

Another video from the 'World's Greatest Athlete' Terry Taylor

AND MORE!!!

Show will be posted January 17 or 18.

(Shows will be posted only 4-6 days apart until I get caught up and can start posting on a regular weekly basis on Tuesdays again.)

Last edited by vadermania; Yesterday at 09:13 PM.

Thread Information