Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 241

Thread: Mae Young Classic announced

  1. #1

    RainShaker's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Korakuen Hall Safe Standing Section
    Posts
    14,949
    Rep Power
    342674
      Country                    Jamaica

    Mae Young Classic announced




    WWE has announced that the first-ever Mae Young Classic women’s tournament will take place Thursday, July 13, and Friday, July 14, from Full Sail Live in Orlando, Fla.

    Tickets will go on sale this Friday at 10 a.m. ET via www.nxttickets.com.

    The tournament, named after WWE Hall of Famer and one of the greatest WWE Superstars in history, Mae Young, will feature 32 of the top female competitors from around the world participating in a single-elimination tournament. The unprecedented event will stream later this summer exclusively on WWE Network.

    “The Mae Young Classic will mark a significant moment in the evolution of WWE,” said Paul “Triple H” Levesque, WWE Executive Vice President, Talent, Live Events and Creative. “We are proud to provide this unique opportunity for the best female talent from around the world.”

    Additional information on the Mae Young Classic will be announced in the coming weeks.
    From WWE.com

    Well, then, not too long to go, I guess. I'm assuming we will get the competitors announced fairly soon.



    Lineup:

    Abbey Laith (Kimber Lee) - USA
    Ayesha Raymond (Ayesha Ray) - England
    Bianca BelAir (Bianca Blair) - USA
    Candice LeRae - USA
    Dakota Kai (Evie) - New Zealand
    Jazzy Gabert (Alpha Female) - Germany
    Kairi Sane (Kairi Hojo) - Japan
    Kavita Devi - India
    Kay Lee Ray - Scotland
    Lacey Evans - USA
    Marti Belle - Dominican Republic
    Mia Yim - South Korea
    Mercedes Martinez - USA
    Miranda Salinas - USA
    Nicole Savoy - USA
    Piper Niven (Viper) - Scotland
    Princesa Sugehit - Mexico
    Rachael Evers (Rachael Ellering) - USA
    Renee Michelle - USA
    Reina Gonzalez - USA
    Rhea Ripley - Australia
    Sage Beckett - USA
    Santana Garrett - USA
    Sarah Logan (Crazy Mary Dobson) - USA
    Serena Deeb - USA
    Shayna Baszler - USA
    Taynara Conti - Brazil
    Tessa Blanchard - USA
    Toni Storm - Australia
    Vanessa Borne - USA
    Xia Li (Zhao Xia) - China
    Zeda (Julia Ho) - China


    First Round:

    Kay Lee Ray vs Princesa Sugehit
    Serena Deeb vs Vanessa Borne
    Shayna Baszler vs Zeda
    Piper Niven vs Santana Garrett
    Sarah Logan vs Mia Yim
    Mercedes Martinez vs Xia Li
    Rhea Ripley vs Miranda Salinas
    Abbey Laith vs Jazzy Gabert
    Ayesha Raymond vs Toni Storm
    Dakota Kai vs Kavita Devi
    Candice LeRae vs Renee Michelle
    Marti Belle vs Rachel Evers (Rachael Ellering)
    Sage Beckett vs Bianca BelAir
    Taynara Conti vs Lacey Evans
    Nicole Savoy vs Reina Gonzalez
    Kairi Sane vs Tessa Blanchard

    Results:

    Spoiler:


    Princesa Sugehit defeats Kay Lee Ray via armbar
    Serena Deeb defeats Vanessa Borne via spear
    Shayna Baslzer defeats Zeda via rear naked choke
    Piper Niven defeats Santana Garret via michinoku driver
    Mia Yim defeats Sarah Logan via eat defeat
    Mercedes Martinez defeats Xia Li via dragon sleeper
    Rhea Ripley defeats Miranda Salinas via uranage
    Abbey Laith defeats Jazzy Gabert via rollup
    Toni Storm defeats Ayesha Raymond via rollthrough pin
    Dakota Kai defeats Kavita Devi via double footstomp from top rope
    Candice LeRae defeats Renee Michelle via top rope neckbreaker
    Rachel Evers defeats Marti Belle via small package
    Bianca BelAir defeats Sage Beckett via spear
    Lacey Evans defeats Taynara Conti via belly to back piledriver
    Nicole Savoy defeats Reina Gonzalez via armbar
    Kairi Sane defeats Tessa Blanchard via the best elbow drop in the world


    Second Round

    Spoiler:


    Abbey Laith vs Rachel Evers
    Piper Niven vs Serena Deeb
    Mercedes Martinez vs Princesa Sugehit
    Kairi Sane vs Bianca BelAir
    Toni Storm vs Lacey Evans
    Mia Yim vs Shayna Baszler
    Rhea Ripley vs Dakota Kai
    Nicole Savoy vs Candice LeRae


    Second Round results

    Spoiler:


    Abbey Laith defeats Rachel Evers via powerbomb roll through
    Piper Niven defeats Serena Deeb via michinoku driver
    Mercedes Martinez defeats Princesa Sugehit via perfect plex
    Kairi Sane defeats Bianca BelAir via elbow drop
    Toni Storm defeats Lacey Evans via air raid crash
    Shayna Baszler defeats Mia Yim via rear naked choke
    Dakota Kai defeats Rhea Ripley via double footstomp
    Candice LeRae defeats Nicole Savoy via neckbreaker




    Quarter Finals

    Spoiler:


    Abbey Laith vs Mercedes Martinez
    Candice LeRae vs Shayna Baszler
    Piper Niven vs Toni Storm
    Kairi Sane vs Dakota Kai



    QF Results

    Spoiler:


    Mercedes Martinez defeats Abbey Laith via fishermans buster
    Shayna Baszler defeats Candice LeRae via rear naked choke
    Toni Storm defeats Piper Niven via top rope leg drop
    Kairi Sane defeats Dakota Kai via elbow drop



    Semi Finals

    Spoiler:


    Mercedes Martinez vs Shayna Baszler
    Kairi Sane vs Toni Storm


    SF Results

    Spoiler:


    Shayna Baszler defeats Mercedes Martinez via rear naked choke
    Kairi Sane defeats Toni Storm via elbow drop



    Final

    Spoiler:


    Shayna Baszler vs Kairi Sane




    Last edited by RainShaker; 07-14-2017 at 10:21 PM.




    IMPORTANT MESSAGE

    Spoiler:




    ~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:






  2. #2
    Pain does not lie
    Kairi HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Winterfell
    Posts
    29,191
    Rep Power
    127924
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: Mae Young Classic announced

    Wow in July crossing my fingers by the end of this week we get a few names. Right now I think Kay Lee Ray, Toni Storm, Kairi Hojo are locks outside of that don't know who's free to be able to be involved in this.

    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

    Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

  3. #3
    SIX F'N STARS
    The Natural's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,051
    Rep Power
    182407

    Re: Mae Young Classic announced

    They have good taste in women's tournament logo designs, that's for sure.

    Spoiler:




    I HAVE STARTED STREAMING MY GAME SESSIONS
    ...COME AND CHECK IT OUT IF YOU'RE BORED,OK?

  4. #4
    Mid-Card Champion
    Baldrick's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    791
    Rep Power
    17608
      Country                    Wales

    Re: Mae Young Classic announced

    Interesting that they went for Mae instead of Moolah.....
    I have a plan so cunning......

  5. #5

    RainShaker's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Korakuen Hall Safe Standing Section
    Posts
    14,949
    Rep Power
    342674
      Country                    Jamaica

    Re: Mae Young Classic announced

    Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Interesting that they went for Mae instead of Moolah.....
    Id say thats due to Moolah's reputation but who knows




    IMPORTANT MESSAGE

    Spoiler:




    ~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:






  6. #6
    Mid-Card Champion
    Baldrick's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    791
    Rep Power
    17608
      Country                    Wales

    Re: Mae Young Classic announced

    Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulShake View Post
    Id say thats due to Moolah's reputation but who knows
    Possibly. However if they are to play proper homage to Mae, I hope some of the matches are outside the box a bit as that is what made Mae so special.
    I have a plan so cunning......

  7. #7
    Scumbag Role Model
    Darling Nicky's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.
    Posts
    43,185
    Rep Power
    413366
      Country                    United States

    Re: Mae Young Classic announced

    Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    They have good taste in women's tournament logo designs, that's for sure.

    Spoiler:

    Yeah but this is at least isn't called something dumb like FAPI

    Expect Candice in this too I think. The Stardom girls are early favorites to win this.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

  8. #8

    RainShaker's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Korakuen Hall Safe Standing Section
    Posts
    14,949
    Rep Power
    342674
      Country                    Jamaica

    Re: Mae Young Classic announced

    Candice, Toni Storm, Tessa Blanchard, Kairi Hojo are definitely in. Given this starts early July, I am heavily doubting Io being there unless she announces her departure soon. I can't see her just dropping the news randomly and disappearing next month. You'd expect a proper farewell show/run like Kairi is getting.




    IMPORTANT MESSAGE

    Spoiler:




    ~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:






  9. #9
    SIX F'N STARS
    The Natural's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,051
    Rep Power
    182407

    Re: Mae Young Classic announced

    Quote Originally Posted by Darling Nicky View Post
    Yeah but this is at least isn't called something dumb like FAPI
    It's actually just FAP Invitational and for your information Roxy loved the name.

    That said, mine isn't named after women who lured men back to hotel rooms to rob them, so my tournament isn't quite as 'prestigious.'



    I HAVE STARTED STREAMING MY GAME SESSIONS
    ...COME AND CHECK IT OUT IF YOU'RE BORED,OK?

  10. #10
    Pain does not lie
    Kairi HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Winterfell
    Posts
    29,191
    Rep Power
    127924
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: Mae Young Classic announced

    Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulShake View Post
    Candice, Toni Storm, Tessa Blanchard, Kairi Hojo are definitely in. Given this starts early July, I am heavily doubting Io being there unless she announces her departure soon. I can't see her just dropping the news randomly and disappearing next month. You'd expect a proper farewell show/run like Kairi is getting.
    Yeah Io is going to get same treatment and she deserves for sure. Late scratch for this tourney, but you and I both know when she deserves she is going to blow people's minds. Since day I started watching Joshi Wrestling, I've been harder on the talent in the States and I think I'm going to be told you were right when these guys see the Joshi talent and the rest. I feel they are up here towards the Heavens, and the rest are below the mortals of the world

    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

    Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

  11. #11
    On Vacation
    Roman Reigns Fan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3,786
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Mae Young Classic announced

    This should have been named after The Fabulous Moolah. She was an icon for women's wrestling and paved the way for so many young girls to break into the business. She also used to train girls and help their lives immensely, her heart was just pure gold.

  12. #12
    Think of the implication
    MC 16's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    In a bubble
    Posts
    1,907
    Rep Power
    30427
      Country                    Great Britain

    Re: Mae Young Classic announced

    it should be called the tori classic after all the tables she went through
    FIGHT Owens FIGHT

  13. #13

    RainShaker's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Korakuen Hall Safe Standing Section
    Posts
    14,949
    Rep Power
    342674
      Country                    Jamaica

    Re: Mae Young Classic announced

    Quote Originally Posted by Kassius HoHo View Post
    Yeah Io is going to get same treatment and she deserves for sure. Late scratch for this tourney, but you and I both know when she deserves she is going to blow people's minds. Since day I started watching Joshi Wrestling, I've been harder on the talent in the States and I think I'm going to be told you were right when these guys see the Joshi talent and the rest. I feel they are up here towards the Heavens, and the rest are below the mortals of the world
    I mean, maybe Different style and focus and all that stuff. I'm not super confident on them blowing people away or anything, it's hard to say for those reasons + Asuka already being there + no idea if their characters translate well. Well, Kairi's character anyway. Not like Io has one. I do think watching Joshi can cause you to criticise western women's wrestling a little more but I will admit it's a little unfair at times on my part. It remains to be seen how well the duo will translate but they should be putting on solid enough matches and they have the looks to succeed. (Which is why Mayu wasn't picked up, sorry Jon)

    Kairi's last show is the 4th of June, it seems. She's pretty much a lock for this tournament in that case. Still nothing about Io. She'll drop the belt to Mayu, I think. But she'll get a farewell run afterwards, certainly. I don't think her schedule is going to line up well for her to participate unless Stardom avoid having a show that weekend altogether. They have a Korakuen Hall show on the 17th iirc, so I don't know.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Legend Killer View Post
    This should have been named after The Fabulous Moolah. She was an icon for women's wrestling and paved the way for so many young girls to break into the business. She also used to train girls and help their lives immensely, her heart was just pure gold.

    Oh.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 05-24-2017 at 04:15 PM.




    IMPORTANT MESSAGE

    Spoiler:




    ~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:






  14. #14
    On Vacation
    Roman Reigns Fan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3,786
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Mae Young Classic announced

    Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulShake View Post
    I mean, maybe Different style and focus and all that stuff. I'm not super confident on them blowing people away or anything, it's hard to say for those reasons + Asuka already being there + no idea if their characters translate well. Well, Kairi's character anyway. Not like Io has one. I do think watching Joshi can cause you to criticise western women's wrestling a little more but I will admit it's a little unfair at times on my part. It remains to be seen how well the duo will translate but they should be putting on solid enough matches and they have the looks to succeed. (Which is why Mayu wasn't picked up, sorry Jon)

    Kairi's last show is the 4th of June, it seems. She's pretty much a lock for this tournament in that case. Still nothing about Io. She'll drop the belt to Mayu, I think. But she'll get a farewell run afterwards, certainly. I don't think her schedule is going to line up well for her to participate unless Stardom avoid having a show that weekend altogether. I doubt it. But we shall see.




    Oh.
    What? I saw the promo video WWE did for her when she died.

  15. #15
    A friend in need is a pest
    CocksyMitch's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    3,966
    Rep Power
    121172
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Mae Young Classic announced

    Quote Originally Posted by The Legend Killer View Post
    This should have been named after The Fabulous Moolah. She was an icon for women's wrestling and paved the way for so many young girls to break into the business. She also used to train girls and help their lives immensely, her heart was just pure gold.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendi_...ginal_Screwjob

    Yeah that's a pure heart of gold there


    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]
    Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    [06:19 PM]
    Stonewall Dakson
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    [06:19 PM]
    Stonewall Dakson
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    [06:19 PM]
    RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]
    Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    Btw Jiggy said I was only a 4 on a scale of 1 to Jon for being annoying so that's my resolution covered.
    BS Mafia 4 Lyfe: Dakstang Dook Duke HoHo Punk Wolf CocksDynamite Creeping Death Swamps

  16. #16
    On Vacation
    Roman Reigns Fan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3,786
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Mae Young Classic announced

    Quote Originally Posted by CocksDynamite View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendi_...ginal_Screwjob

    Yeah that's a pure heart of gold there
    How is doing something that Vince paid her to do bad? That's like saying HBK is a horrible person for going through with the Montreal Screwjob. He was doing a job and being paid by his boss.

  17. #17
    A friend in need is a pest
    CocksyMitch's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    3,966
    Rep Power
    121172
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Mae Young Classic announced

    Quote Originally Posted by The Legend Killer View Post
    How is doing something that Vince paid her to do bad? That's like saying HBK is a horrible person for going through with the Montreal Screwjob. He was doing a job and being paid by his boss.
    The fact that she agreed to do it is bad enough. She also exploited female wrestlers and acted as a pimp for wrestling promoters. She was not a good person at all and WWE knows naming the tournament after her would be a bad PR move after the whole Jimmy Snuka and JBL stuff coming up.


    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]
    Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    [06:19 PM]
    Stonewall Dakson
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    [06:19 PM]
    Stonewall Dakson
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    [06:19 PM]
    RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]
    Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    Btw Jiggy said I was only a 4 on a scale of 1 to Jon for being annoying so that's my resolution covered.
    BS Mafia 4 Lyfe: Dakstang Dook Duke HoHo Punk Wolf CocksDynamite Creeping Death Swamps

  18. #18
    On Vacation
    Roman Reigns Fan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3,786
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Mae Young Classic announced

    Quote Originally Posted by CocksDynamite View Post
    The fact that she agreed to do it is bad enough. She also exploited female wrestlers and acted as a pimp for wrestling promoters. She was not a good person at all and WWE knows naming the tournament after her would be a bad PR move after the whole Jimmy Snuka and JBL stuff coming up.
    When did she ever do those things? That's internet gossip straight from the National Enquirer.

  19. #19
    A friend in need is a pest
    CocksyMitch's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    3,966
    Rep Power
    121172
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Mae Young Classic announced

    Quote Originally Posted by The Legend Killer View Post
    When did she ever do those things? That's internet gossip straight from the National Enquirer.
    Multiple women have come forward with the same claims. It's been well-known that she was never in it for them just herself and the promoters.


    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]
    Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    [06:19 PM]
    Stonewall Dakson
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    [06:19 PM]
    Stonewall Dakson
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    [06:19 PM]
    RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]
    Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    Btw Jiggy said I was only a 4 on a scale of 1 to Jon for being annoying so that's my resolution covered.
    BS Mafia 4 Lyfe: Dakstang Dook Duke HoHo Punk Wolf CocksDynamite Creeping Death Swamps

  20. #20
    On Vacation
    Roman Reigns Fan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3,786
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Mae Young Classic announced

    Quote Originally Posted by CocksDynamite View Post
    Multiple women have come forward with the same claims. It's been well-known that she was never in it for them just herself and the promoters.
    I will research this more. It sounds a lot like fake news.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •