Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mae Young Classic announced

Moon Vulcan S-Mod

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Mae Young Classic announced

It's not fake news, brother. It's true. Her selfishness nearly singlehandidly crippled women's wrestling in America through various acts (stranglehold on the title, screwing over Wendi Richter, screwing over the Glamour Girls & Jumping Bomb Angels, ruining the AJW deal), and that's not nearly the worst of it, Her crimes against wrestlers such as theft, a list a mile long of sex crimes, forced drug addiction and intimidation...she was corrupt. End of discussion.

Look up Sweet Georgia Brown, and I guess you can determine if her & her family are members of "The National Enquirer".
    Shoot Shoot Punch Punch Kick Break Your Limbs And Your Face

The soul of Billy Robinson lives on~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator LIGER FEVER)

SOS Brigade Member

Status

However, Wendi Richter stated that Ellison did not actually train the wrestlers at her wrestling school. Instead, Richter stated that Ellison accepted payment of the training fee (which at the time of Richter's training was five hundred dollars) and had other female wrestlers within her camp (including Leilani Kai, Judy Martin, Winona Littleheart, and Joyce Grable) train the new recruits, and that these women did not get paid for their additional work as trainers. Richter also stated that Ellison required all women that received training at her camp to each sign a contract that allowed Ellison to function as their booker and receive twenty five percent of their booking fee.

Over the years, various female wrestlers have come forward with stories accusing Ellison of being a pimp that often provided various wrestling promoters with unsuspecting female wrestlers that would be used as sex objects. One of the most notorious accusations is from the family of Sweet Georgia Brown (Susie Mae McCoy). McCoy, who was trained and booked by Ellison and her then-husband Buddy Lee, told her daughter that she was often raped, given drugs, and made an addict in an intentional attempt by Ellison and Lee to control her. Ida Martinez, who wrestled during the 1960s, also recalls that many of the regional promoters "demanded personal services" before they would pay the female wrestlers.
    Heart of Gold Moolah sure had...

Grim's Threads

Spoiler:

Grim Reviews Random Games / WWE: Rewriting History / Resident Evil: Raccoon City / Humanity

On Vacation

Status

How am I only hearing about this now? I never heard anyone talk trash about Moolah.

SOS Brigade Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Legend Killer View Post
    How am I only hearing about this now? I never heard anyone talk trash about Moolah.
    Unless you actually go out and look around the internet, WWE is always going to bury everybody else in favor of the "golden goose" Moolah. That's why you shouldn't actually believe WWE when it comes to some people (i.e. Jimmy Snuka)

Grim's Threads

Spoiler:

Grim Reviews Random Games / WWE: Rewriting History / Resident Evil: Raccoon City / Humanity

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Unless you actually go out and look around the internet, WWE is always going to bury everybody else in favor of the "golden goose" Moolah. That's why you shouldn't actually believe WWE when it comes to some people (i.e. Jimmy Snuka)
    I knew about the Jimmy Snuka stuff because I'd hear people online bring it up. I never saw anyone bring up these negative things about Moolah until WWE named the tournament after Mae Young, and there was discussion about "why not Moolah".

Heel Champion

Status

Because Snuka murdering someone was a bit more of a story than Moolah pimping out her trainees.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

I know at some point measuring crimes becomes a bit pointless but I'd have Snuka murdering someone at about the same level as Moolah having a trainee drugged/raped along with a bazillion other stuff.

A friend in need is a pest

Status
      Country                    Canada

Plus the Moolah stuff came out years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]
    Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    [06:19 PM]
    Stonewall Dakson
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    Stonewall Dakson
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]
    Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    Btw Jiggy said I was only a 4 on a scale of 1 to Jon for being annoying so that's my resolution covered.
    BS Mafia 4 Lyfe: Dakstang Dook Duke HoHo Punk Wolf CocksDynamite Creeping Death Swamps

The Cult of Mayu Iwatani

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

I heard that she threateaned Howard finkle with a knife becuase he said she was 150ibs

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

So directing the conversation away from Moolah the pimping and back onto the actual Mae Young Classic, I heard that the tournament is likely to feature female commentary and referees. I know they want to push the women's evolution idea, I just don't want them to overkill it by making everything seemed so forced. I mean having Renee Young on commentary is fine, because I think she added something different to the commentary table back in NXT. Adding Lita in, not so much, listening back to her on Sunday Night Heat she's not exactly adding anything to the match. I'd rather them base the broadcasting team on their ability as opposed to their gender.

As far as the competitors go, Kairi Hojo and Io Shirai are pretty much definites at this point. Nixon Newell also, with the fact that it's being stylized similar to the Cruiserweight Classic and the emphasis on the different nationalities, those two would be at the forefront. Add to that, that WWE had hired Chinese talent back along who have yet to debut, Nicole Zhao I believe? Evie is another talent that was hired ages ago and still yet to debut, plus given the fact she's from New Zealand adds another country to the list. Personally I'd love them to use Kimberly Frankele and Sarah Logan (formerly Crazy Mary Dobson) who have only been talent enhancement so far on NXT, and use the tournament to flesh out their characters on television. Logan hasn't really shone yet, but her matches with Veda Scott in ROH were really impressive, while Frankele's match with Ruby Riot showcased a fraction of what she's capable of.

I could see Kay Lee Ray in the tournament, if not only to add Scotland to the list. I think as a whole Kay Lee Ray has improved a lot as a package, and I think she could easily get fans on-side pretty quickly, without having to pander to the crowd. I would love to have Santana Garrett, I think she's got everything that WWE would usually go for and I'm surprised that she has never been signed given all the try-out matches she's had. If I were the WWE though, and I wanted to get attention with the talent, surely you would hire Cheerleader Melissa? She's so solid in the ring, it's not even like she's a secret in the independents, I just don't get why she's never been looked upon. I was gutted when Angelina Love went back to Impact Wrestling because she's someone I would have loved to see compete, but I pray to god that Velvet Sky stays at home.

With Taeler Hendrix parting ways with ROH, it could potentally be that she's looking to compete. Hendrix is someone I followed from OVW, hated her then and hated her even more when she was in that faux-Irish gimmick in TNA. However since she turned heel in ROH, I've actually founf her character to be more interesting. Another name, who probably will never be featured because of 'those tweets' she made ions ago is Jessicka Havok, she's another talent that people will judge based solely on TNA as opposed to the bigger picture where she's actually really solid in the ring.

In terms of past talent, I don't know where WWE would do the 'Brian Kendrick narrative' and have a veteran come back with a score to settle. It would add a different dyamic, but there's no one who I could see come back. Melina's burnt her bridges, Gail Kim would never entertain the idea and Katie Lea doesn't really seem to be a regular on the independent. I guess Jillian Hall maybe? If I were to go for anyone for a return though I think this would be the perfect opportunity for Kharma. Although she's now appearing in Netflix's drama based on G.L.O.W. so that could limit her chances of a full-time return, but it just seems a natural way to finish what they started with her and tell the story that they wanted to tell.

Pain does not lie

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Looking Glass View Post
    So directing the conversation away from Moolah the pimping and back onto the actual Mae Young Classic, I heard that the tournament is likely to feature female commentary and referees. I know they want to push the women's evolution idea, I just don't want them to overkill it by making everything seemed so forced. I mean having Renee Young on commentary is fine, because I think she added something different to the commentary table back in NXT. Adding Lita in, not so much, listening back to her on Sunday Night Heat she's not exactly adding anything to the match. I'd rather them base the broadcasting team on their ability as opposed to their gender.

As far as the competitors go, Kairi Hojo and Io Shirai are pretty much definites at this point. Nixon Newell also, with the fact that it's being stylized similar to the Cruiserweight Classic and the emphasis on the different nationalities, those two would be at the forefront. Add to that, that WWE had hired Chinese talent back along who have yet to debut, Nicole Zhao I believe? Evie is another talent that was hired ages ago and still yet to debut, plus given the fact she's from New Zealand adds another country to the list. Personally I'd love them to use Kimberly Frankele and Sarah Logan (formerly Crazy Mary Dobson) who have only been talent enhancement so far on NXT, and use the tournament to flesh out their characters on television. Logan hasn't really shone yet, but her matches with Veda Scott in ROH were really impressive, while Frankele's match with Ruby Riot showcased a fraction of what she's capable of.

I could see Kay Lee Ray in the tournament, if not only to add Scotland to the list. I think as a whole Kay Lee Ray has improved a lot as a package, and I think she could easily get fans on-side pretty quickly, without having to pander to the crowd. I would love to have Santana Garrett, I think she's got everything that WWE would usually go for and I'm surprised that she has never been signed given all the try-out matches she's had. If I were the WWE though, and I wanted to get attention with the talent, surely you would hire Cheerleader Melissa? She's so solid in the ring, it's not even like she's a secret in the independents, I just don't get why she's never been looked upon. I was gutted when Angelina Love went back to Impact Wrestling because she's someone I would have loved to see compete, but I pray to god that Velvet Sky stays at home.

With Taeler Hendrix parting ways with ROH, it could potentally be that she's looking to compete. Hendrix is someone I followed from OVW, hated her then and hated her even more when she was in that faux-Irish gimmick in TNA. However since she turned heel in ROH, I've actually founf her character to be more interesting. Another name, who probably will never be featured because of 'those tweets' she made ions ago is Jessicka Havok, she's another talent that people will judge based solely on TNA as opposed to the bigger picture where she's actually really solid in the ring.

In terms of past talent, I don't know where WWE would do the 'Brian Kendrick narrative' and have a veteran come back with a score to settle. It would add a different dyamic, but there's no one who I could see come back. Melina's burnt her bridges, Gail Kim would never entertain the idea and Katie Lea doesn't really seem to be a regular on the independent. I guess Jillian Hall maybe? If I were to go for anyone for a return though I think this would be the perfect opportunity for Kharma. Although she's now appearing in Netflix's drama based on G.L.O.W. so that could limit her chances of a full-time return, but it just seems a natural way to finish what they started with her and tell the story that they wanted to tell.
    Thank you for getting back on topic buddy. Hendrix is a person I would love to see in this tourney. Her crazy lady heel gimmick with ROH really was opening up doors for her career. One of my favorite talents to watch, the way she wrestles, the way she carries herself in my top ten right now and that's hard to be on with my list full of Joshi talents. I do think agree not sure if WWE will do the veteran entrant, but it would be great to see. Kendrick's arc in the tourney and his loss was truly emotional to watch for everyone. After the results of a recent Progress show I'm wondering if Toni Storm who I thought was a lock, is truly going to be with the WWE after the tourney.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Heel Champion

Status

As for the commentators, JR has confirmed he is calling the tournament. They are looking for a female to pair him with. Renee would be good because she's one it before in NXT. I'd have no problem with Lita doing like a pre/post match interviews but she doesn't have the commentators voice.

Pain does not lie

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Powerful Sayer View Post
    As for the commentators, JR has confirmed he is calling the tournament. They are looking for a female to pair him with. Renee would be good because she's one it before in NXT. I'd have no problem with Lita doing like a pre/post match interviews but she doesn't have the commentators voice.
    Great news to hear, JR knows his shit. He did very well with NJPW in his commentating in my opinion, he's going to give a great performance putting over the ladies in this tourney with ease. Renee would be the smart choice, but I'm not sure how comfortable she would be in that role.

Real Women of Genius

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Pain does not lie

Status

http://www.wwe.com/shows/maeyoungcla...g?sf89190543=1

International standout Toni Storm, NXT Superstars Lacey Evans and Sarah Logan, and lucha libre champion Princesa Sugehit are the first four competitors officially confirmed for WWE’s inaugural Mae Young Classic.

The announcement brings into focus the global scale of the 32-woman tournament, coming this summer to the award-winning WWE Network.

Twenty-one-year-old Toni Storm (pictured above) is the first and reigning PROGRESS Women’s Champion in the United Kingdom. Already an eight-year veteran, Storm has carved out a reputation worldwide: Born in New Zealand, raised in Australia and based in the U.K., she wrestled in 13 countries before age 20, capturing championships along the way. With an aesthetic flair that finds inspiration in ‘80s rock, plus a ring style that is equal parts technical and hard-hitting, Storm looks to impress on her biggest stage yet in the Classic.

Lacey Evans, of Parris Island, S.C., is a familiar face to WWE Network subscribers. A newcomer inside the yellow ropes of NXT, Evans joined the WWE Performance Center in April 2016. Prior to pursuing sports-entertainment, she served in the U.S. Marine Corps for five years, including time spent as military police and a member of the Special Reactions Team, which is the Marine equivalent of a SWAT Team. Nicknamed “The Lady of NXT,” Evans has said she hopes to use her platform in WWE to show women all over the world, including her 4-year-old daughter, that there are no limits on what you can achieve.

Hailing from Louisville, Ky., Sarah Logan is proud to have been “born in the woods and raised in the mud,” as she puts it. Like Evans, Logan is an NXT competitor and recruit at the Performance Center. She began her in-ring career on the U.S. independent scene in 2011, and quickly gained notoriety for her rough-and-tumble fights. She refined her skills in Japan under former WWE Light Heavyweight Champion Taka Michinoku before signing with WWE in October 2016. Logan, who has also won Olympic powerlifting competitions, made her NXT TV debut earlier this year.

One of the most esteemed grapplers in Mexico, the masked Princesa Sugehit, from Monterrey, brings 20 years’ experience to the Classic. Since turning professional in 1996, Sugehit has earned countless accolades while competing in her home country’s top organizations, CMLL and AAA. Not only that, but she has claimed the masks of numerous rivals over the year, which is considered the ultimate sign of triumph in lucha libre. She is also the current Mexican National Women’s Champion.

Stay tuned to WWE.com in the coming weeks for more updates on the Mae Young Classic
    Wooo oh goodie I was doubting Toni Storm was going to be in the tourney after hearing her being involved with the GP tourney for Stardom it's crazy that she is only 21 and is that talented. I never heard of the rest of these ladies besides Toni, look forward to what they bring to the dance.

Real Women of Genius

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Interesting stuff. Logan might do well. I'd have marked Toni down as someone who would do well but her being booked for Stardom post Tourny might indicate otherwise. Unless Stardom's GP happens before the Tourny airs. Haven't checked dates.
    ----

----

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.

You guys have to remember that Progress is in the back pocket of WWE right now so I wouldn't be surprised if she was someone who does well in it and ends up doing a few dates here and there after.

Sarah Logan is great.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

As long as my bae Deonna Purrazzo is in, I'm all good :D

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Forgot to post when I saw it but PWInsider also stated a couple of names to be in the tourny - I think they know all of the performance center people that are in:

Zhao Xia
    Mary Kate (aka Rosie Lottalove)
    Bianca Blair
    Danielle Kamela
    Julia Ho
    Kimber Lee
    Victoria Gonzales
    Taynara Melo

They also listed Lacey Evans and Sarah Logan too.
    ----

----

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

[Blank Space]

Status
      Country                    UK

Reading that Serena Deeb may be in too

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

I've seen reports that both Marti Belle and Mia Yim (Jade from TNA) will be in the tournament too. I'd expect Yim to get signed following it, possibly Belle too.

Thread Information