Shuyaku

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Venom (2018)

Release Date: October 5, 2018
    Director: Ruben Fleischer
    Plot:[TBA]

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...direct-1004115

Sony has ensnared a star and director for its Spider-Man offshoot, Venom.

Tom Hardy, who was nominated for an Oscar for his work in The Revenant, is in final negotiations to star in Venom, while Ruben Fleischer, best known for directing Zombieland, is final negotiations to helm the movie project centering on one of Spider-Man’s signature villains.

The project is one of Sony’s top priorities and the studio is not wasting time as the movie is set to open Oct. 5, 2018.

Venom is to usher in a host of movies from Sony's Marvel and Spider-Man-based universe of characters. Sony is rebooting its Marvel-based slate with this summer’s Spider-Man: Homecoming and Venom is a key title in its slate. The studio is also developing a Silver Sable/Black Cat project among other characters from the Spider-Man stable.

Venom has been one of Marvel’s top villains and a Spider-Man fixture since he was introduced in 1988, created by writer David Michelinie and artists Todd McFarlane and Mike Zeck. The character is an alien symbiote that needs a human host to survive. In return, the alien vests its victim with incredible powers. He made his first big-screen appearance in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3 and was portrayed by Topher Grace.

Scott Rosenberg and Jeff Pinkner, the latter of whom worked on 2014’s The Amazing Spider-Man 2, wrote the script for Venom. Plot details are being kept in the black but Hardy, who is said to be a Venom fan, will play Eddie Brock, the character who first became Venom.

Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are producing, along with Amy Pascal.

Fleischer made a name for himself balancing comedy with action and horror elements and recently helmed episodes of the Drew Barrymore cannibal show Santa Clarita Diet and NBC’s Superstore. He is also a producer on Brie Larson’s directorial debut, Unicorn Store.

The brooding Hardy has racked up acclaim for productions such as Locke and Legend and also starred in Mad Max: Fury Road. The actor has eschewed, for the most part, popcorn movies but did star as Batman villain Bane in 2012’s Dark Knight Rises.

With Venom, the actor now switches from the DC side of comic book movie dimension to the Marvel zone.

Hardy is repped by CAA, Sloane Offer and UK’s United Agents. Fleischer is repped by CAA, Management 360, and Sloane Offer
    Damn Tom Hardy as Eddie Brock playing Venom. We are a Venom fan, and we love this decision.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Mankind's Boiler Room

Status

Re: Venom[2018]

I think now you cast Shia LaBouf as Carnage we know those two dont like each other and should use that to get some damn fine acting.

Shuyaku

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMBGraves View Post
    I think now you cast Shia LaBouf as Carnage we know those two dont like each other and should use that to get some damn fine acting.
    It all depends on what the direction this film will take though. Either it's going to be an origins story or maybe they go the route of Eddie Brock already Venom for some time. If they want to have some bang I wouldn't be shocked to see Carnage in this no doubt.

Real Women of Genius

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Mankind's Boiler Room

Status

Im guessing marval wont use these 2 in their movies

Shuyaku

Status

I don't know I heard about Venom movie being made for a little bit, and I even heard they might not him in the MCU. I think those rumors are bs, because if Venom makes money he'll get a movie with Spidey and a Avengers appearance for sure.

Real Women of Genius

Mankind's Boiler Room

Status

i rather see somethin different with spidy like the rumored villins in his plus I mean where do you really go after killing Thanos

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

I'm disappointed this isn't a remake of the Klaus Kinski/Oliver Reed movie from 1981.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Swamps
    Get out and kick their ass! Even if its Grandma!

The Velveteen Dream

Status

How do you do a Venom movie without first establishing him in a Spider-Man film. Seems ass-backwards to me.

I'm gonna blame the movies

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    How do you do a Venom movie without first establishing him in a Spider-Man film. Seems ass-backwards to me.
    Also the fact that the movie isn't even in the MCU is really fucking stupid too.

[07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    [06:19 PM]RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.
    [11:40 PM]
    Kairi HoHo
    : Pretty sure I said I would go gay for Ryan Gosling just saying lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I'll be fine Daddy.
    BS Mafia 4 Lyfe: Dakstang Dook Duke HoHo Punk Wolf CocksDynamite Creeping Death Swamps

The Velveteen Dream

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CocksDynamite View Post
    Also the fact that the movie isn't even in the MCU is really fucking stupid too.
    Yeah, I don't get what that means at all. Does it mean they can't have Tom Holland in the film at all? Will they have to re-cast for a non-MCU Spidey? Or will Venom never interact with Spider-Man at all... because that's just fucking nonsense.

Booty Nights

Status

LolSony just partner with the MCU you stooges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shuyaku

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    Yeah you need Spider-Man to make this to work. I don't know how they do his origins if not showing Spider Man in some fashion. I mean Venom is one of my favorite when it came to me reading Comics in the first place and it was wrapped with Spider-Man. I mean could Sony bring in other versions of Spidey..Miles Morales..Spider-Woman?

Tom Hardy is super picky with roles he takes, so for him to get involved means he thinks the script for this film is something special.

Real Women of Genius

The Velveteen Dream

Status

Re: Venom (2018)

Sony owns Peter Parker and his related villains (Doc Ock, the Goblins, Venom, etc...) and I expect that does include Miles Morales but I'm not sure if that stretches to Spider-Woman who, as far as I'm aware, has an entirely unrelated story to Spider-Man and has only interacted with him on a handful of occassions. I wouldn't be against Sony pulling other Spider heroes out of the toy box for this, be it Miles Spidey, Spider-Woman or whoever, but (for me at least) Venom has always felt like Peter's villain and to do that story without him is going to feel very odd.

I'm also not banking on Hardy staying with this just yet; let's not forget that he bailed out of Suicide Squad at the last minute for a project he found more desireable - which was probably a wise move, but did rob us of one more reason among very few reasons to enjoy that movie.

On Vacation

Status

If Tom stays, then it will probably be a must watch. If Tom leaves, it will be FANT4STIC all over again.

Status

Tom Hardy should be Wolverine.

Sony basically building a Spider-man shared universe without Spider-Man is kinda cringey and nothing more than a cash grab. At best, the Sony spider-man spinoffs will be one way connections like Agents of Sheild and the Netflix shows, where the MCU is referenced on the shows but the shows are never referenced in the MCU. At worst (And more likely) you have a series of Spiderman spin off movies where Spider-Man isn't even referenced until the deal with Marvel expires.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus Truth View Post
    FUCK THE NAZIS. Fuck them, the alt-right, and those white supremacy Confederate-flag wanking babies who are so angry because life's not fair and brown-skinned human beings want to sit at the table. Fuck these Tiki-torch, polo-wearing hatemongers for believing that they're any better than anybody else. And a double dose of "Fuck you" to ANYONE who buys into this garbage of a centralized "white culture" because such a thing DOES NOT EXIST NOR EVER HAS. And while anybody who punches one of these lowlifes should be punished as the law dictates, I sure as hell am not going to feel sorry for these fuckers if their lives become a series of perpetual punches. When you spew hate, what the fuck do you expect?

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

You guys should know that the Spider Man deal with Marvel is temporary and hes set to comeback after I think it was 3 or 4 movies. This spidey universe Sony is building will eventually have their Spidey back. As for Venom. Sony doesnt need to imitate the comic books at all. An alen symbiote latches onto a man. Thats all they meed. They can reinterpret the origins of it, how it happened, everything the way they want to. They dont need to be hamstrung by how it happened in the comics. After all, just go read the comics if you want what happened in the comics.

Status

The rivalry between Brock and Peter, with Peter unwittingly reducing Brocs life to shambles, the symbiotes disdain for Peter after being rejected, the two coming together, Brock learning about Peter being Spider man through memories carried over from the symbiote, the intimate bond the 3 share, Venom being the anti-Spidey, those are all the most compelling parts of Venoms origin and essentially the most interesting thing about the characters existence. Of course the origin doesn't have to mirror the comics background, it'd be a big clusterfuck if they did, but you have to have the key elements. Brock and the Symbiote coming together over their shared hatred of Peter Parker is essentially the death of Bruce Wayne's parents, it's essential.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus Truth View Post
    FUCK THE NAZIS. Fuck them, the alt-right, and those white supremacy Confederate-flag wanking babies who are so angry because life's not fair and brown-skinned human beings want to sit at the table. Fuck these Tiki-torch, polo-wearing hatemongers for believing that they're any better than anybody else. And a double dose of "Fuck you" to ANYONE who buys into this garbage of a centralized "white culture" because such a thing DOES NOT EXIST NOR EVER HAS. And while anybody who punches one of these lowlifes should be punished as the law dictates, I sure as hell am not going to feel sorry for these fuckers if their lives become a series of perpetual punches. When you spew hate, what the fuck do you expect?

Shuyaku

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Positive Jon View Post
    You guys should know that the Spider Man deal with Marvel is temporary and hes set to comeback after I think it was 3 or 4 movies. This spidey universe Sony is building will eventually have their Spidey back. As for Venom. Sony doesnt need to imitate the comic books at all. An alen symbiote latches onto a man. Thats all they meed. They can reinterpret the origins of it, how it happened, everything the way they want to. They dont need to be hamstrung by how it happened in the comics. After all, just go read the comics if you want what happened in the comics.
    Yeah but let's break this down, he gets the suit after Peter and all remember Parker wanting to get rid of the Suit after he finally found out the Symbiote is changing him and is a danger to himself and everyone he cares for. I mean does the Symbiote come to Earth like they did in the Cartoon show in the 90's with the Plane Crash I think it was, but it still aligns with Peter. They might not be able to use the Daily Bugle who knows, so what is Brock doing for work. The main reason the Symbiote joined with him, one to get revenge on Peter Parker and he thought his hate for Peter would make Brock the perfect host to use.

Real Women of Genius

The Velveteen Dream

Status

You guys should know that the Spider Man deal with Marvel is temporary and hes set to comeback after I think it was 3 or 4 movies. This spidey universe Sony is building will eventually have their Spidey back.
    Is that three or four solo Spidey movies or just three or four appearences in Marvel movies? Either way I don't see that being the end. It'll get renewed. What I don't understand is the need for seperate films with characters from the universe but that haven't yet been established in-universe and without the involvement of Spider-Man. Especially in this case.

As for Venom. Sony doesnt need to imitate the comic books at all. An alen symbiote latches onto a man. Thats all they meed. They can reinterpret the origins of it, how it happened, everything the way they want to. They dont need to be hamstrung by how it happened in the comics. After all, just go read the comics if you want what happened in the comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    The rivalry between Brock and Peter, with Peter unwittingly reducing Brocs life to shambles, the symbiotes disdain for Peter after being rejected, the two coming together, Brock learning about Peter being Spider man through memories carried over from the symbiote, the intimate bond the 3 share, Venom being the anti-Spidey, those are all the most compelling parts of Venoms origin and essentially the most interesting thing about the characters existence. Of course the origin doesn't have to mirror the comics background, it'd be a big clusterfuck if they did, but you have to have the key elements. Brock and the Symbiote coming together over their shared hatred of Peter Parker is essentially the death of Bruce Wayne's parents, it's essential.
    I accept you're premise Jon but I don't see how you can do Venom with the pathos the character carries without having Spider-Man invovled in his origin. There are plenty of Spidey villains where that would work just fine and you could just insert Spider-Man in later on if you wanted but Venom exists as Venom only because of it's interactions with Spider-Man and Peter Parker, there's no version of Venom that has the weight and logic required to create that same character where some version of Spider-Man (whether it be Parker or Morales) isn't involved - if the symbioate never interacts with Spider-Man where do the Spider powers come from, if it is never rejected by Peter Parker and it's next human subject isn't also fuelled by hatred for that same person where does the anger and violence come from?

Of all the comic book superhero/supervillain pairings over the years (Batman/Joker, Superman/Luthor, Thor/Loki, Cap/Red Skull, etc...) I'd say that this is the only where you literally cannot have one without the other; they are so closely linked because the origin of one literally involves being a part of the other.

That all said, as things stand, this is a Tom Hardy project and I'll remain interested to a certain extent while that is the case. It just feels like a massive misstep to me.

Shuyaku

Status

http://heroichollywood.com/amy-pasca...ack-cat-venom/
    Sony Producer Amy Pascal has confirmed that Black Cat and Venom, Silver and Black and Venom movies, respectively, will be sharing the same universe as Spider-Man: Homecoming. In a press junket interview for Spider-Man: Homecoming, Pascal said that both aforementioned films will “take place in the world” of the current Spider-Man movie.

“It will all take place in the world we are now creating for Peter Parker. It’ll be adjunct to it, it may be different locations, but it will all still be in the same world and they will be connected to each other as well.”

Asked whether there’s a chance that Tom Holland’s Peter Parker will “pop up” and interact with Black Cat and Venom, Pascal had this to say.

“There’s a chance.”

This is exciting news. Earlier, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige had mentioned that Venom and the Black Cat movie would not be connected to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. However, it isn’t surprising that the shared universe would include Peter Parker as Venom has always been a major part of the Spider-Man comics. And since Spider-Man, Venom, and now Black Cat and Silver Sable are owned by Sony, it’ll be fun to possibly see them interact at some point when crossing paths.
    Lying some of a bitches, Spider-Man is going to be apart of the same Universe as Venom duh. They said other wise before, but they know Homecoming is going to be a success and it would be stupid to not do this. He won't be in this Venom film, but maybe a Spider-Man vs Venom for Homecoming 2 or whatever the title that is a lock in my mind.
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 06-18-2017 at 01:19 PM.

Real Women of Genius

Thread Information