Thread: Speak Up!

THE 559

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Speak Up!

So, I feel this will help out the mods and help them get their fingers on the pulses. Also, it’s a chance for guys that aren’t actively corresponding with mods to speak up. Be heard. Don’t let a problem fester. Say it. We will all pull together to fix it.

Name:
    Handles:
    What is your current card placement:
    How do you feel about your current push?
    Where do you feel you SHOULD be placed?
    Short-term goal:
    Long-term goal:
    Suggestions:

Name: The mothafuckin’ T.I.G
    Handles: Danny Toner
    What is your current card placement: Upper-mid
    How do you feel about your current push? Maybe some disagree, but it’s fully undeserved =( I haven’t shown the consistency or put enough work in to warrant it.
    Where do you feel you SHOULD be placed? I think Toner should be in with the X guys, at present.
    Short-term goal: Maintain a feud going into BIB and compete at it.
    Long-term goal: Maintain consistency and grow into the force I’ve shown glimpses of. Going to be optimistic and say I want to win Ruler of the Ring.
    Suggestions: Why don’t we give a breakdown of promo scores? As in what peeps scored in each category? Then they’d know where they are lacking. Possibly we could be PM’d scores for Fight Night?
    LUCHA! LUCHA! LUCHA!

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Re: Speak Up!

I would describe Toner as more mid card right now. Only upper mid if he is consistent.

Your current push -- there's not much to it imo. Pre-CC, I had you earmarked as a feud for Kazadi. But after Payback, I thought about nixing it and definitely nixed it after Kazadi's showing. I'm not going to lie to you, Tig - for the first time in the FWA, I have no faith in you. CC is the first time I've been 100% sure you were noshowing -- even though Sayer said you'd said you'd get something in, I refused to believe it. So, yeah, that should tell you that any high push for you is dead in the water. The thing is - in terms of promo ability, I don't think you should be in the X-Title division. Admittedly, my booking has been quite segregated and that's because I fear people may get discouraged if they're booked against someone they view as superior. But from BIB onwards, the booking philosophy is changing big time. If I think Toner should go to X after BIB then he will go there.

I think you can maintain a feud and compete at BIB. I know who you're feuding, obviously and I know they'll keep up the work on the other end. They'll definitely make sure to bother you and get you to help them with segment ideas and stuff. I'm not sure if QFTB is going to return this year. Maybe not in a singles format. Our focus right now is trying to breathe life into the tag division - it was on shaky legs but with Eyes' departure, it's pretty much dead in the water. And we're going to have to force through some activity in it because retiring the division simply is not an option.

Regarding grades: I'll post averages in promo discussion threads and I will PM anyone a breakdown of their grade set who PMs me and asks for it. Some people might not be interested in receiving a breakdown for jobber promos etc.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

THE 559

Status

Okay that's good to hear. The chat lads will tell you I've been growing fearful that people would get pissed off - okay let's not say push - because he is highlighted a bit. Prob just the cc stuff. You shouldn't have faith in me nor do I want you to have faith in me. I think everyone can see by now that I show when it suits me/if something else doesn't come up. Ftr, I have nearly zero issues with anything, i just made this in the hopes othe rpeople will speak up. I'm happy out.

Would there be any possibility of sharing tag division with CWA?
    LUCHA! LUCHA! LUCHA!

SOS Brigade Member

Status
      Country                    United States

I suppose I could try this out, I don't have any actual complaints (other than being slightly disheartened by the low CC grade but I can understand that, I was off about the promo date and rushed it a bit. ) PS If you need a proven Tag Division guy, you can always help pair me up with somebody.

Name: Grim
    Handles: Humanity
    Current Card Placement: X-Division / Midcard?
    Where do you feel you should be placed: X-Division / Midcard / Tag Division
    Short Term Goal: Be able to keep my promoing up and possibly even beat Randall for the X-Title
    Long Term Goal: Get better and hopefully break my accursed glass ceiling of the midcard.
    Suggestions: Don't really have any suggestions other than maybe we could do more collaborative efforts for show segments and whatnot, I'd also be open to helping out the mods in any way I can (match writing exempt since I've got only enough time to write promos).

Grim's Threads

Spoiler:

Grim Reviews Random Games / AWA: Eye Of The Storm

Be The Booker

Status
      Country                    Greece

Name: Bazing--Ahem, RED. It's RED. It's always RED. And in four months it will be official again.
    Handles: The Olympians
    What is your current card placement: Tag Team Division
    How do you feel about your current push? I'm happy with how The Olympians have evolved in such little time and I even feel like the push they get is bigger than what I actually deserve what with me still being a new player and all. I am worried about BIB though since Eyes is probably leaving after the next show.
    Where do you feel you SHOULD be placed? The Tag Team Division is a nice spot - and the right one might I add - for my guys right now. Obviously the Olympians will split one day but until then I'd like to help the tag team division get some depth.
    Short-term goal: Win back the Tag Team titles and start a new program with a new opponent.
    Long-term goal: Come out of the closet to my family and hope they will accept me for who I am. Oh and give The Olympians more character development through my promos and make their story interesting.
    Suggestions: Not really a suggestion actually but I would like to see more faces (not necessarily babyfaces) in the Tag Team Division especially after Eyes' departure. I am worried that The Olympians will be left without a quality feud especially with BIB on the horizon.

#WC4Horsemen

Striving for a B+ in life

Status
      Country                    United States

Humanity definitely can win the X title. He's perfect to take the mantle from Vincent as the X-title posterchild who lives and breathes the X.

Toner's character is the best in the FWA. That's why he gets decent pushes and angles. Not due to work ethic. It's the character. He's too likable to toss in anywhere.

Toner as X Champ would be fine but if you're consistent, you're too good for the division.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

HOSS MOD

Status

Name: Cyrus Truth
    Handle: Cyrus Truth (duh)
    Current Card Placement: Greatest World Heavyweight Champion of all time (I kid, I kid!)
    Thoughts on Current Push: Outside of a couple hiccups, I've been rather pleased with how my current character arc has gone. This is the first time I've done Truth as a heel for this long of a time and overall I think it's gone well.
    Where do you feel you SHOULD be placed: Where I'm most effective. Honestly, while main events are fun and all, I've never really saw myself as something special or anything like that. I just like having interesting angles to explore, so wherever I can get that is cool.
    Short-Term Goal: Beat Shannon at BIB and once again crush the hopes and dreams of the FWA Universe whilst simultaneously beating Bordeau's year long reign because who the fuck did he ever beat?
    Long-Term Goal: Don't really have one. I've pretty much accomplished everything I can as a main eventer and I've had a good long reign atop FWA. Only thing I've never accomplished is winning tag gold, so if there was one goal, I guess that'd be it.

Status

Name: Jiggy
    Handles: Chris Kennedy, Dinorah Redgrave, Lord Dog, Joey Ortiz, Daniella Kennedy.
    Current Card Placement: God Tier
    Where do you feel you should be placed: World Champion
    Short Term Goal: Win every title at the same time in both FWA and CWA and become the new TNA mod
    Long Term Goal: Find a nice house in the country and raise a few babies that look like ol' Jiggy
    Suggestions: Keep doing a great job (Shake and TGO) and push me to the moon when I return.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Okay that's good to hear. The chat lads will tell you I've been growing fearful that people would get pissed off - okay let's not say push - because he is highlighted a bit. Prob just the cc stuff. You shouldn't have faith in me nor do I want you to have faith in me. I think everyone can see by now that I show when it suits me/if something else doesn't come up. Ftr, I have nearly zero issues with anything, i just made this in the hopes othe rpeople will speak up. I'm happy out.

Would there be any possibility of sharing tag division with CWA?
    If people get pissed off then they'd have to make sure their voice is heard. As far as the push goes - we gave you the whole jobber act/beating JLW to enter CC as a way to see if you could be consistent and stick with it. Toner was originally going to be number 1 into the CC as I thought if you were consistent and showed up then Toner having a big performance might be a good reward. Instead, when you noshowed, Sayer came up with the idea of Toner showing up late to the show and that whole segment happening. We found it pretty funny. It's not really something that was meant to highlight Toner or push him in a positive light, more just something that was supposed to be a rib/inside joke. Maybe Toner will consistently show up late to things, who knows?

I like the thread. It's a good idea. But I also think people who think they deserve main event push won't speak up to avoid looking arrogant or whatever. But I invite people to PM me if they don't wanna post in here.

As for CWA title sharing - it's possible but the logistics are weird. Firstly, you'd have to do cross show angles and stuff and make booking match up. Secondly, how are matches going to be decided? CWA grading or FWA? Are people going to want to promo for the FWA and vice versa. It's just a little weird. Plus - I have a CWA tag team, they'd technically count as active FWA characters and that means im over character limit. We're actively booking to try and revive interest in the tag division. It's a division that very much ebbs and flows but it'll come back to life again with what we're doing, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    I suppose I could try this out, I don't have any actual complaints (other than being slightly disheartened by the low CC grade but I can understand that, I was off about the promo date and rushed it a bit. ) PS If you need a proven Tag Division guy, you can always help pair me up with somebody.

Name: Grim
    Handles: Humanity
    Current Card Placement: X-Division / Midcard?
    Where do you feel you should be placed: X-Division / Midcard / Tag Division
    Short Term Goal: Be able to keep my promoing up and possibly even beat Randall for the X-Title
    Long Term Goal: Get better and hopefully break my accursed glass ceiling of the midcard.
    Suggestions: Don't really have any suggestions other than maybe we could do more collaborative efforts for show segments and whatnot, I'd also be open to helping out the mods in any way I can (match writing exempt since I've got only enough time to write promos).
    I would say you're probably top tier in the X title division and can easily break through to midcard with some time. I think you'll see your grades go up if you stay consistent and you keep momentum. I wouldn't be too downhearted.

As for segments for shows - Usually people do collaborate or try to. Some like to send in their own stuff and I tune it up so that it fits booking plans or whatever -- though I tend to make sure the important stuff is kept the same. But yes, if people are feuding then I do highly encourage collaborative segments or even just a discussion about how you'd like the feud to pan out. We try our best to make alot of things happen but ultimately, we're left without any input sometimes and it's very difficult to book characters that you don't know how the handlers want booked. I usually make sure to PM people if I need any input, though.

Help's appreciated but honestly, if you just write segments for your character/feud then it's gravy. Match writing and stuff really isn't a problem for us. The burnout comes from writing segments. For me, anyway. I'll never get fed up of writing matches because it's the part of BTBing/Efedding I enjoy. Another thing that is a major burnout is writing the opening to Fight Night. It's unbelievably tedious But has to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazingos View Post
    Name: Bazing--Ahem, RED. It's RED. It's always RED. And in four months it will be official again.
    Handles: The Olympians
    What is your current card placement: Tag Team Division
    How do you feel about your current push? I'm happy with how The Olympians have evolved in such little time and I even feel like the push they get is bigger than what I actually deserve what with me still being a new player and all. I am worried about BIB though since Eyes is probably leaving after the next show.
    Where do you feel you SHOULD be placed? The Tag Team Division is a nice spot - and the right one might I add - for my guys right now. Obviously the Olympians will split one day but until then I'd like to help the tag team division get some depth.
    Short-term goal: Win back the Tag Team titles and start a new program with a new opponent.
    Long-term goal: Come out of the closet to my family and hope they will accept me for who I am. Oh and give The Olympians more character development through my promos and make their story interesting.
    Suggestions: Not really a suggestion actually but I would like to see more faces (not necessarily babyfaces) in the Tag Team Division especially after Eyes' departure. I am worried that The Olympians will be left without a quality feud especially with BIB on the horizon.
    The Olympians are a very good team. I think they're written well (English isn't your first language yes? That's pretty cool) and the gimmick is really good. There are still some hiccups here and there but I think it's genuinely very creative. I remember when me and TGO discussed the Sanada/Olympians teamup for a show and he told me that you already had an idea for linkup being that Zeus foolishly thought Sanada was a greek goddess reincarnated As for the push - it's okay to think you deserve less but I'll tell you right now that the Olympians consistently grade well. It's why I felt guilty over noshowing our match as you graded really well and even if I put out a completely lacklustre effort, we would've likely still won. Regarding your feud worries - I will be honest and say that Eyes' departure means we are scrambling to find a solution. You might not have a grand feud heading into BIB but we're trying to put a focus on the tag division and I think eventually it will pay off. We aren't going to let Olympians fade in the build to BIB. You shouldn't be punished. Eyes has already left. With his announced retirement, I don't think it's any secret who's winning on FN. I can't tell if your long term goal is a joke or not But I think the Olympians do have an intriguing story. There will be more faces in the tag division. Trust me on that. I was going to have Sanada team up with Risky Douglas in a comedy team since XYZ went to the CWA but that plan got changed after Eyes decided to leave. Things will work out for the division, have faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus Truth View Post
    Name: Cyrus Truth
    Handle: Cyrus Truth (duh)
    Current Card Placement: Greatest World Heavyweight Champion of all time (I kid, I kid!)
    Thoughts on Current Push: Outside of a couple hiccups, I've been rather pleased with how my current character arc has gone. This is the first time I've done Truth as a heel for this long of a time and overall I think it's gone well.
    Where do you feel you SHOULD be placed: Where I'm most effective. Honestly, while main events are fun and all, I've never really saw myself as something special or anything like that. I just like having interesting angles to explore, so wherever I can get that is cool.
    Short-Term Goal: Beat Shannon at BIB and once again crush the hopes and dreams of the FWA Universe whilst simultaneously beating Bordeau's year long reign because who the fuck did he ever beat?
    Long-Term Goal: Don't really have one. I've pretty much accomplished everything I can as a main eventer and I've had a good long reign atop FWA. Only thing I've never accomplished is winning tag gold, so if there was one goal, I guess that'd be it.
    Fuck off.

j/k.

Boudreau's reign was almost 2 years bud so got a little while longer than that. The mod team haven't been too sure if you'll stick around once you lose the belt so if you're willing to stick around afterwards for some interesting angles then yes, you'll be booked in some. You obviously know that Rondo-Cyrus IV is something that I want to happen but it's also something that I don't think really needs the world title. With the heel-heel dynamic right now though it's impossible. It's going to happen eventually though. Though I believe the Cyrus character will go through another transformation when he loses the belt - he can't be a tyrant who calls the shots anymore. Maybe he will turn back face. As for winning tag gold - if Cyrus lost to KAIZEN (and lost the subsequent rematch at CC) then we were going to book Cyrus into a team with a certain individual and have them challenge for the tag belts. Cyrus being in a team with that person can still happen down the road. When/if you lose the belt, let me know if you want to go after the tag division and I'll talk to you about it. The person we were originally going to put you with would probably be free at the time but if not/if you'd prefer someone else, that'd be fine too.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Heel Champion

Status
    I want to clarify that my intentions of having Toner show up late for the CC were to provide a fun inside rib at Toner but to do something fun and interesting for the CC. Not to show Toner in a negative light. I think Tig and I can use this feud to elevate each other.

Tig knows that I rib him about inconsistency every chance I get.

For or real though, Tig, not showing up at CC for the second week in a row was a huge downer. Don't get on that track again. You were doing great. You can pick it back up again.

We can say it. We were going to put him with Devin Golden and form the Golden Truth. There. It's out now

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sayer View Post
    I want to clarify that my intentions of having Toner show up late for the CC were to provide a fun inside rib at Toner but to do something fun and interesting for the CC. Not to show Toner in a negative light. I think Tig and I can use this feud to elevate each other.

Tig knows that I rib him about inconsistency every chance I get.

For or real though, Tig, not showing up at CC for the second week in a row was a huge downer. Don't get on that track again. You were doing great. You can pick it back up again.

We can say it. We were going to put him with Devin Golden and form the Golden Truth. There. It's out now
    Use the edit button next time

Ah yes, the Devin Golden ruse cruise. Sayer forever a believer that Devin Golden is coming back at some point. Almost fooled you into thinking he was coming back at CC.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

THE 559

Status

No qualms with the rib. Thought it was perfect . I showed hard at CC last year
    LUCHA! LUCHA! LUCHA!

HOSS MOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    Handles: Chris Kennedy, Dinorah Redgrave, Lord Dog, Joey Ortiz, Daniella Kennedy.
    Short Term Goal: Win every title at the same time in both FWA and CWA and become the new TNA mod
    Long Term Goal: Find a nice house in the country and raise a few babies that look like ol' Jiggy
    Suggestions: Keep doing a great job (Shake and TGO) and push me to the moon when I return.
    Dream are nice to have.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    You forgot Desmond Fox.

The GOAT.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Mankind's Boiler Room

Status

Like Dalton Castle I want it all babyyyy

I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.

Status

Name: Bell Connelly
    Handles: AON
    What is your current card placement: Oh boy that's hard to exactly pin down considering the long lay off and I hate to give myself credit. (One of the side effects of depression you feel gross about saying good things about yourself)I would say I'm in the Dean Ambrose position.flirting with the main event but never sticking

How do you feel about your current push? My answer will never change. It's pretty damn surreal to see her in the position she's in now. It was never my goal for such a silly character to be as high as she is. Let alone be competing for titles so I guess I honestly am humbled

Where do you feel you SHOULD be placed? No idea with a question like that it's hard to answer fairly either I'll go too low or my ambition will propel me too high. So I'm pretty easy

Short-term goal: fun
    Long-term goal: improve my writing speed stop being so wordy and who knows creates some fun stories
    Suggestions
    -we need to bring back feedback and open promos
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Name: Negative Positive Jon
    Handles: Zachary Kazadi
    What is your current card placement: Mid to Upper Mid. I have been slotted pretty much anywhere on the weekly card where need be since I'm more or less sure the mods know I can fittingly compete with the upper scene. But the character is, kayfabe, definitely not a main eventer. His successes over upper mids have been through nefarious means (IE: PAJ walking out, Garcia distracting Parr) and he's had losses against Toner and KAIZEN when interference isn't involved.
    How do you feel about your current push? Kayfabe wise? It makes sense. I see it the way I'd see a veteran indy coming into the WWE. You know he's probably good enough for the main event but you're acclimating him to the crowd and letting him grow in the WWE scene. He's developping in kayfabe into the main event slot.
    Where do you feel you SHOULD be placed? Kayfabe, I'm fine with where I am. Skill wise as a promo'er, I'm pretty confident I can probably beat anyone given the right idea and time. Hey, we were waiting for the first arrogant-seeming post weren't we That said, I think I've been underperforming per the grades. Is it the character? Am I overestimating myself? Or does my style not quite appeal to the judges? Lord knows. I haven't been grading anywhere close to the quality of the main event scene, nor have I done anywhere as good as I thought I could do. I think you should be hitting 68~ or above to be a real main eventer and I'm consistently below that. So I'm starting to feel that the only way I'd be a legitimate main eventer is with what's happening now: guys like KAI seemingly vanishing, Rondo not really wanting a world title, Cyrus seeming like he'll fade from that scene, Jiggy having left. What's left of the main event scene, I don't think is as good as it once was, so per that, I think I'd still be good enough to main event and probably beat anyone of the leftover scene (PAJ/Bell/Parr/Shannon). I would've once said that given time, say having taken advantage of the extension and seen what TGO had posted or allowing my idea to simmer more, I probably could've written an RP good enough to top it, but no matter what, I cant change the tastes of the judges so that also may not have mattered.
    tl;dr: I see myself being in the main event inevitably. but i understand why im not yet. QftB and CC were my missed opportunities to jump ahead of the line.
    Short-term goal: Don't have any. I think this has probably been the issue some have mentioned of Kaz, he's got no clear direction. I was kinda disappointed with the X Championship reign (it was forced because SS left but had to be taken off me quickly because I was too good for the lower card, admittedly). There wasn't a worthwhile payoff to it (you could say that CC was but that was a deliberate attempt on my part to win the match and had nothing to do with the reign) and Kazadi just fizzled out after that reign. I'm not really interested in the NA title outside of "well at least thats a checkmark towards having held all titles one day" though I know that's been shopped around.
    Long-term goal: World title I guess? Beat Cyrus Truth (the boat has sailed on this in CWA). Beat Ryan Rondo (more like beat Shake in a serious RP, its clear neither of us were at our best with LIGHTBRINGER vs. Snowmantashi). Beat KAIZEN (he got me the 1st time but I don't think that was my best either). Beat PAJ (he's got some pedigree in FWA, he had the no-time/motivation reasoning last time we faced, really disappointed our recent match got changed ). Beat Chris Kennedy (doubt this ever happens since #RIP Jiggy). Beat Toner (just to get my win back, I dont usually do excuses but I definitely wasnt at my best when we faced). I know the competitive aspect of FWA or efedding in general has kind've dipped but that's still a first and foremost sort of thing with me. Best feeling I've had efedding was the two times I faced SuperSaiyan both when he had JLW and with MvH. We were both motivated, having fun, and writing a great storyline while also deliberately trying to beat each other. That was pinnacle efedding for me. In a way, my characters have consistently been manifestations of that which has hilariously enough made them unappealing for certain people, I'm well aware.
    Suggestions: Change the grading scheme? No, seriously. That needs to get worked on. It feels like this inconvenience people are aware doesnt work perfectly but we just leave it be because its a bit too much effort to do it. I've graded before and I've already mentioned its extremely flawed. I think even Kaizen mentioned it was flawed before. I know Shake knows its flawed. BIB is around the corner, perfect time for a change afterwards.

I like Tig's idea of a breakdown. I know my CC rp got a lower score from one or two judges. I'm not bitter about it. My post in the grading average thread was genuine and I was pretty disappointed not to see the judges speak up and address what they felt I needed to improve from my RP because if they had, I'd genuinely take that going forward. But they didn't so I'm left twiddling my thumbs wondering what I need to do actually move forward with my RPs.

I had already mentioned this to TGO in the chat but probably more reading over stuff thats sent in or about to be posted because some incidents manage to slip through. IE: Kazadi's flippant alignment. Suddenly being a heel vs. Jhunha when he was leaning to a face by that point. Me turning heel actually but get cheered and chanted at CC. It's been fixed of course so this is a redundant statement at this point.

Well I've got 2 1/2 hrs to go write an essay. Peace.

Tag Team Specialist

Status

Name: The Altyrell
    Handles: Vincent Blackbird/Sonny/Bella Kendall/nGw Roster
    What is your current card placement: X Division
    How do you feel about your current push? - Meh, could've been better
    Where do you feel you SHOULD be placed? - Perfectly fine with where I'm at
    Short-term goal: Finish up any Fight Night/FWA Things that I need to
    Long-term goal: Get more motivated, so I can really get back to having the nGw where it once was
    Suggestions: None that I want to air to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One View Post
    Humanity definitely can win the X title. He's perfect to take the mantle from Vincent as the X-title posterchild who lives and breathes the X.
    You'll get no objection from me, as I plan on getting back into the nGw side of things/retire from wrestling on Fight Night.

[I WIN]

Thread Information