Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Losses that hurt the most

Shuyaku

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Losses that hurt the most

The past week or so if anyone follows me on Twitter, has been seeing me talking about my Eagles in the 2000's on how good we were back then, and me wanting to see all my Sports teams getting back to being dominating again. The fans want it, hopefully after the progress starts working, and the Eagles start flying game I'll have to wait to see a Championship again with my Phila teams. Now this isn't a sorrow thread about losses my teams given up, but in general games from your favorite teams biggest loses over the years. I went with this, I was there in Veterans Stadium, we started off so great and were hanging with the Bucs deep that was very deep on the Defensive Side of the Ball. Remember people say the Bucs haven't had the best numbers in the cold weather, yeah I was even saying that's bs, the best team was going to win and the Bucs won. Barber's INT in the Stadium, you could of heard a pin drop when that happened and people weren't happy and displayed their thoughts on the News Channels later in the night. I mean years later we went to the SB, but this was the last time the Eagles would play there and it was closed up till the Phillies started their Season with a loss. What made this game hurt even more, not just how it went, we have a Celebration Cake ready to eat if they won, while the loss I had to rock my Eagles Coat the very next day! I mean I never taken daggers like that, but I took them in stride, but I guess that 's what it means to be a fan of Sports you take the good with the bad. This loss hurt me worse than the SB loss to the Patriots, what about everyone else what Sport losses hurt you the most in your lifetime? Let's all gather together and cry about those losses

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

SOS Brigade Member

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Losses that hurt the most

Ask any Vikings fan and there's 3 losses that sting the most and have caused the most pain over the years...

All three by themselves would be heartbreaking for anybody, but considering they're with the SAME team in a span of 18 years; not to mention the horrific Week 17 game against the Cardinals in 2003 between all of these.

2009 probably hurts the most considering the Saints cheated and didn't deserve to get those rings.

'98 was the season for the Minnesota Vikings; had Anderson made the kick, we would have killed Elway in that Super Bowl. However, it's even worse considering Anderson hadn't missed a kick intwo years. Two years! Unfortunately, in one fell swoop, all that was forgotten and he's now remembered for that kick.

The Wildcard Game against the Seahawks is simply a rehash of that since we could have easily one that game for a myriad of reasons: Peterson not getting a case of Fumblitis would have been paramount to our victory. Even if Walsh missed the last kick, the score would've been 3-9, the Vikings face Carolina and most likely sneak away with a victory; would we have made it to the Super Bowl? Unlikely, but we would have gone farther than expected.

Also, for Patriots fans, Super Bowl XLII has to be the most painful in recent memory.

Grim's Threads

Spoiler:

Grim Reviews Random Games / AWA: Eye Of The Storm

Shuyaku

Status

I might need to see that 2009 NFC Championship Game, I was really pulling for Favre to get to the SB one more time sad that it didn't happen for the team. Yeah I would of gave your 98 team a better chance at beating the Broncos in the SB rather than the Falcons who lost by 15 points to Denver in the SB that year. 15-1 rolling with one of my favorite QB's in Randal Cunningham the Rookie Randy Moss, yeah I was hoping to see Cunningham get that ring he tried to so hard to get with the Birds shame.

Real Women of Genius

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

I'm gonna blame the movies

Status
      Country                    Canada

As a Canucks fan the worst are definitely losing 2 Games 7s in the finals in 94 and 11. Another one that hurt was being up 2-0 against Detroit in 2002 and then Dan Cloutier let in one of the worst goals ever and Detroit won every game after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    [06:19 PM]RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.
    [11:40 PM]
    Kairi HoHo
    : Pretty sure I said I would go gay for Ryan Gosling just saying lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I'll be fine Daddy.
    BS Mafia 4 Lyfe: Dakstang Dook Duke HoHo Punk Wolf CocksDynamite Creeping Death Swamps

American Ninja

Status

I recently watched the Eagles vs Bucs game and the Vikings vs Falcons 98 NFC Title game, both had to be about as brutal as it gets for fans of those teams. I remember I didn't think the Bucs stood a chance in that game against Philly, that was a big surprise for them to win the way they did. That Eagles team had what? 10 pro bowlers?

The Vikings vs Falcons game I noticed how the Vikings kicker seems to take a brunt of the blame for that one, in documentaries and articles I've seen on that game they make it out like he missed that field goal and it directly cost them the game like Scott Norwood in Super Bowl XXV or something, when in fact the Vikings had multiple chances to win that game after that missed kick, they were still winning when he missed it, the defense couldn't stop Atlanta, plus they had chances to win it in overtime. Felt sorry for those fans just watching it, they were all hyped up like it was Super Bowl time and then it was ripped out of their hands in the most frustrating way.

For me it would have to be Houston Oilers vs Kansas City Chiefs 1993 playoffs, Oilers were such a bad ass team that year, one of the best I've ever seen take the field. That loss pretty much killed the team really. Heartbreaking fourth quarter collapse. I can still remember how depressing those final minutes of that game was.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 05-12-2017 at 11:08 PM.

Shuyaku

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    I recently watched the Eagles vs Bucs game and the Vikings vs Falcons 98 NFC Title game, both had to be about as brutal as it gets for fans of those teams. I remember I didn't think the Bucs stood a chance in that game against Philly, that was a big surprise for them to win the way they did. That Eagles team had what? 10 pro bowlers?

The Vikings vs Falcons game I noticed how the Vikings kicker seems to take a brunt of the blame for that one, in documentaries and articles I've seen on that game they make it out like he missed that field goal and it directly cost them the game like Scott Norwood in Super Bowl XXV or something, when in fact the Vikings had multiple chances to win that game after that missed kick, they were still winning when he missed it, the defense couldn't stop Atlanta, plus they had chances to win it in overtime. Felt sorry for those fans just watching it, they were all hyped up like it was Super Bowl time and then it was ripped out of their hands in the most frustrating way.

For me it would have to be Houston Oilers vs Kansas City Chiefs 1993 playoffs, the loss that killed that team really, heartbreaking fourth quarter collapse, still remember how depressing the final minutes of that game was.
    Yeah my fellow Eagles fans can be brutal, but we just love our teams so much. I think alot of people outside of the area, has a negative light on us as fans from things from decades ago like for example Snow balling Santa Claus or cheering injuries to Michael Irvin and Troy Aikmen when their fan base did the same to our players lol. We just love hard, and get ready because I'm psyched for the season. I never seen the game you're talking about Shinobi, I gotta see if the NFL Youtube Channel has the full game somewhere.

Real Women of Genius

American Ninja

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kassius HoHo View Post
    Yeah my fellow Eagles fans can be brutal, but we just love our teams so much. I think alot of people outside of the area, has a negative light on us as fans from things from decades ago like for example Snow balling Santa Claus or cheering injuries to Michael Irvin and Troy Aikmen when their fan base did the same to our players lol. We just love hard, and get ready because I'm psyched for the season. I never seen the game you're talking about Shinobi, I gotta see if the NFL Youtube Channel has the full game somewhere.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_xHjQnG0Q8

https://youtu.be/J_xHjQnG0Q8

Great game. Oilers got off to a rough start that year 1-4, they got better and won 11 games in a row to finish the season 12-4. There is a great documentary about that team(A Football Life: Houston '93), really dramatic season with a lot of shit happening, media in Houston had a field day with that team(to this day I think they were overly critical of them and helped create a sour atmosphere that helped run that team out of town). The whole town was so hyped about them going into those playoffs though, they finally had the first round bye and home field advantage in the second round, everybody was predicting an all Texas Super Bowl after they dominated the 49ers on Christmas day. Just wasn't meant to be I guess.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 05-12-2017 at 11:21 PM.

GIMMIE A FUCKIN MIC

Status

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Graves
    "Stop talking to me. I’m trying to watch Sasha Banks right now."

"I like my women how I like my pizza; Cold."

Shuyaku

Status

Yeah D-Rose's injury was scary to watch when I was watching the game live. Even without Rose, the Bulls gave the Sixers a run for their money, and more showing they would of easily won the series and faced the Celtics in the next round if not for the injury.

Real Women of Genius

Jobber

Status

The 2014 Stanley Cup Final. Lundqvist shows how I felt. The only time I grew a playoff beard. I was devastated. They lost in five games and it was never really close, but it ripped at my heart. Poor Henrik, I don't know if he'll ever get back.

-ICONIC-

Status

My Packers have as long a history as any team in the NFL, and I'm not sure they've ever had a more bitter defeat than that 2014 comeback loss to the Seahawks. Crushing how we let them back in a game they had no business being in, and worse, gave up the team's best shot at the Super Bowl since it won in 2010. Considering how often the Pack are riddled with injuries in January, the health of that team was a blessing, and they had already beaten the eventual Super Bowl champions in the regular season. I'm not 100% sure that team could have won the championship, but they had a great chance, and they squandered it in the biggest sports heartbreaker I can remember.

Shoutout to 4th and 26 too. Fuck Philadelphia.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017: I guess that makes me less lame

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

SOS Brigade Member

Status

Not a Tennessee Titans fan, but I also gotta throw out their only Super Bowl appearance against the Rams. Holy crap does that have to be incredibly heartbreaking for the game to end the way it did. Poor Kevin Dyson will be remembered for both the greatest moment in Titan's History and simultaneously the worst moment in franchise history.

Grim's Threads

Spoiler:

Grim Reviews Random Games / AWA: Eye Of The Storm

Striving for a B+ in life

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    2009 probably hurts the most considering the Saints cheated and didn't deserve to get those rings.
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Status

Aside from the Rose injury, which Peep already shared, I don't got much. Maybe the Bulls-Knicks Game 5 from 1994 series. Or the ending to this game because this was the Pirates' best shot at making the WS in the last 25 years. Up 2-1 in the series vs St. Louis. Down 2-1 in the game in the B-9th. Cutch up with 2 outs and 1 on. Gets a 3-1 count and pops up on a meat ball.

2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Shuyaku

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    My Packers have as long a history as any team in the NFL, and I'm not sure they've ever had a more bitter defeat than that 2014 comeback loss to the Seahawks. Crushing how we let them back in a game they had no business being in, and worse, gave up the team's best shot at the Super Bowl since it won in 2010. Considering how often the Pack are riddled with injuries in January, the health of that team was a blessing, and they had already beaten the eventual Super Bowl champions in the regular season. I'm not 100% sure that team could have won the championship, but they had a great chance, and they squandered it in the biggest sports heartbreaker I can remember.

Shoutout to 4th and 26 too. Fuck Philadelphia.
    Thank you Brett Favre for being the Gun Slinger he is, giving a gift to Dawkins in 2003. I finally saw that Chiefs vs Oilers game man it was a great game. You gotta give to the Chiefs for staying in the game, and defensively they had what 9 or 10 Sacks in the Game. Montana took a hell of a beating in that game, don't know how he kept getting up from some of the shots he took in that game. I would say today those same shots would be Penalties.

Real Women of Genius

Hakuna Matata

Status

Losing the Chargers to Los Angeles.

I don't know if counts but it still stings whenever I hear something about them. For the Padres I'd say the 1998 World Series hurt, sure we probably had zero chance of winning but it was still a feel good story for this city so that's why it hurt.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Shuyaku

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy King View Post
    Losing the Chargers to Los Angeles.

I don't know if counts but it still stings whenever I hear something about them. For the Padres I'd say the 1998 World Series hurt, sure we probably had zero chance of winning but it was still a feel good story for this city so that's why it hurt.
    Yeah I don't like the decision with that, or the Raiders leaving Oakland for fucking Vegas. Yeah they'll make money, but the fanbase in San Diego and Oakland more loyal and wanting to see the teams succeed rather than LA or Vegas when it comes to football. I think the Raiders leaving for Vegas is something they'll look back at 5 or 6 years from now and say we fucked up.

Real Women of Genius

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Both Patriots SB losses to the Giants were hard to get over. The first one more than the second. David Tyree was a hack that tried to market off the success of this five minutes of fame and rightfully failed miserably. My second least favorite person in football behind Mercury Morris.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    People Obsessed With Nicky: RainShaker, indyfan
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Darling Nicky View Post
    Both Patriots SB losses to the Giants were hard to get over. The first one more than the second. David Tyree was a hack that tried to market off the success of this five minutes of fame and rightfully failed miserably. My second least favorite person in football behind Mercury Morris.
    That Pats loss to the Colts in 2007 had to suck (when they had the big lead).

2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Shuyaku

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One View Post
    That Pats loss to the Colts in 2007 had to suck (when they had the big lead).
    It had to hurt a little bit, but the Pats were kicking the asses of the Colts in the playoffs the past few years before hand so they were due lol.

Real Women of Genius

Thread Information