Thread: White Rhyno Presents - The Rattlesnake Wrestling Syndicate

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    us=United States

White Rhyno Presents - The Rattlesnake Wrestling Syndicate

Kicking In The Door

Steve Austin had spent years thinking about it. The business that had made him a world recognized name wasn’t the same anymore. While the WWE had been his stage, the product they were putting out wasn’t something he cared to watch.

Quite honestly, it made me sick to my damn stomach,” he explained on his Podcast in late 2014. “Everything is so damn obvious. Vince is a hell of a better businessman than I’ll ever be, but I think he has really fallen out of step with what his audience wants. There is a reason they boo the people he is trying to get over. That should be telling him something, but he’s he bent on doing things his way. That’s all well and good, but how much money could he make if he just gave the people what they wanted, instead?”

Why couldn’t he start his own promotion? Why couldn’t he reach out to the fans that were booing on Monday nights and give them an alternative? How much could he really lose if he tried?

It's scary even thinking about it, y’know?” he explained in an interview with Entertainment News in a 2015 interview. “When you put yourself out there…you open yourself up to a lot of scrutiny. I’ve done a lot to build up a legacy in this business and I don’t want it tarnished by some failed vanity project on my part. Wrestlers have notoriously been very poor bookers and promoters. I’m not blind to that fact. If I were to try something like that, it would have to be very well planned out and financed. I know what I’d want it to be, but if I didn’t have the ability, either financially or creatively, I’d never dream of putting my name on it. My legacy means that much to me.

As time passed and Austin continued getting involved in various business ventures, people would approach him about helping start his own wrestling promotion. It wasn’t until executives at FOX approached Austin with a solid plan for funding and ceding him creative control to the product, did it become a reality for him.

So I’m talking with the big wigs at Fox and it all sounds too damn good to be true if you get what I’m saying,” he explained. “The more they offer the more I keep pinching myself and wondering what the catch is. After a while, my lawyers finally step in and ensure that this isn’t a pile of bullshit. Fox really wants a damn wrestling show.

For me, that’s all I wanted to hear. They didn’t want sports entertainment. They didn’t want some polished, pretty product that gets sponsors and movie deals. They really felt like an old-school wrestling show could hook and audience that really wasn’t being catered to on a national scale. It wasn’t long after that I signed on the dotted line and this thing was born.

As Austin and his recently hired friend, Jim Ross, began to work they set a date for the debut of a new wrestling program… July 8th, 2016.

The Rattlesnake Wrestling Syndicate was born.

Stacking the Foundation

Two names that were signed by Austin immediately drew eyes to the fledgling promotion and caused Austin’s former employer, Vince McMahon, to file a lawsuit in hopes of stopping the promotion from ever airing on Fox.

CM Punk’s journey back to pro wrestling wasn’t something he had planned. Phil Brooks was enjoying retirement. Although his mma career was off to a dismal start, Brooks had made his peace with the fact that his WWE (and by default his wrestling) career was over.

Vince McMahon had left a sour taste in his mouth whenever he thought about the squared circle. The purity of the business had been tainted for him by McMahon’s vision of what the industry should be. Brooks felt that Hollywood writers had taken something organic and unique and turned it into a cookie cutter business where each year felt like the same rehashed story.
    Sure, pro wrestling had always had troupes, but skilled promoters used those to create; not recycle. Brooks saw a world of wasted potential in the industry and it broke his heart to think about what could have been. And then Austin called…
    Austin introduced his vision to Brooks and let CM Punk slowly begin to worm its way back into Brook’s psyche.

Austin was talking about an unscripted wrestling show where wrestlers had input and the promos and angles would be organic. Fans reaction would have a say in how the product would grow and be booked. Wrestlers would be given a chance to move up the ladder as long as they could get over. In short, the exact opposite of where McMahon was taking the business.
    Brooks thought asking for that promise in writing would be a deal breaker, but was shocked when Austin and his Fox backers INSISTED on it! That and they had another person they wanted to debut with him…

Bryan Danielson was never supposed to exist again. “The American Dragon” was the footnote of a historic career that was tragically cut short. At least that is what Vince McMahon had wanted to happen.

Danielson had come close to letting that happen, but the wrestling bug had never left him as he tried to adjust to his new role in the WWE. A job as an NXT trainer just made him miss the ring even more. A role as the Smackdown GM was almost too much to bear as the crowd chanted his name week in and week out.

WWE doctors were clear, however. He had some signs of brain damage. There was no getting around that… or was there. The disconnect connect between the WWE’s doctors and his own was striking at times. What the WWE saw as proof that his brain would never heal was soon proven false as the years away from the ring began to heal him.

With each new doctor’s visit, the scary things he saw just a year before were not on the CAT scans anymore. As he asked about the chance to renter the ring, Vince McMahon became more and more distant.

Danielson had always felt his journey in the WWE had been an uphill one, but as he ran into wall after wall in an effort to go back to what he loved he understood that the WWE could never let that happen. Their mind was made up, the liability was too high for them. As the fans chanted “YES!”, McMahon and the WWE shouted “NO!”

A distraught Danielson asked McMahon to be released from his contract. After several meetings where Vince was adamant that returning to the ring would be disastrous, a resolute Danielson demanded that the choice be left to him. A frustrated McMahon appealed to every other aspect of the business in an attempt to keep Danielson in the fold, but was ultimately left as frustrated as his employee as his efforts were continually rebuffed.

In early 2014, Daniel Bryan was no more. While he was contractually obligated not to appear on Impact Wrestling or the upstart Lucha Underground, The American Dragon was free to continue his career. It was soon after that Jim Ross called with a unique offer.

An offer Danielson simply couldn’t refuse.
    Last edited by White Rhyno; 07-17-2017 at 09:11 PM.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: White Rhyno Presents- The Rattlesnake Wrestling Syndicate

Interested to see how a "get over" mentality will work in a BTB format (do you rely on readers or something else?). More so interested in the sort of roster you curate. Youve got two of the biggest names since the Cena/Tista/Orton trio but Im interested to see if you fish the indies or other westling scenes for unique talent.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Last edited by White Rhyno; 08-13-2017 at 07:15 AM.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Rattle Snake Wrestling Syndicate Heavyweight Champion

-VACANT-

Rattle Snake Wrestling Syndicate Tag Team Champions

-VACANT- -VACANT-
    Last edited by White Rhyno; 07-18-2017 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Formatting

Mid-Card Champion

Status

(08-08-2016)
    Rattlesnake Wrestling Syndicate
    Episode#1.01- First Strike
    @ The Snake Pit in San Antonio, Texas

The Prologue to a Love Story

Jim Ross and “Stone Cold” Steve Austin stand in the center of the ring as red and silver lights illuminate them. The raucous crowd is deafening as the camera spins around the arena highlighting the rabid Texas fan base. As angry guitar riffs accentuate the exciting atmosphere, the house lights come up and the legendary pair in the center of the ring wait for the crowd to quiet down to speak
    Ross- “Ladies and gentlemen, on behalf of me and the owner of the Rattlesnake Wrestling Syndicate, welcome to the first chapter of a new history in professional wrestling.”

The crowd explodes yet again at Ross’s proclamation. Austin laughs as Ross stares at him with a deadpan look as he waits for the crowd to die down again. In a few moments, they eventually settle down enough for the broadcast legend to speak.

Ross- “Tonight is a really special night for a lot of reasons. First and foremost, Steve and I have busted our tails to find the hungriest grapplers in this industry to give you the best in-ring action you won’t find anywhere else. Secondly, what we are going to create with your help in a throw-back to a by-gone era when the action in the ring dictated what we showed you, the fans, each and every week. Finally, the man to my right has a vision that is rooted in authentic. The authenticity of the sport… the authenticity of the action… and, most importantly, being authentic in the way we present wrestling. Folks, he didn’t start an entertainment company. He has started a WRESTLING company and WRESTLING is what you guys are going to get each and every week. You can count on that!”

At Ross’s proclamation, the crowd once again allows their applause to signal their enthusiasm to Ross’s words. For a few minutes, Ross and Austin glow at the fans enthusiastic reaction to the veteran ring announcer’s words.

Austin steps forward and begins to speak.

Austin- “Well, I don’t know if I can say it better than that, but I’m gonna try.”

Austin is quickly cut off by an earth shattering “WHAT?” that explodes from the crowd in unison. The question seems to catch Austin off guard and he mockingly stumbles back with a big grin on his face.

Austin- “All right, let’s get something straight… You guys are gonna have to knock that shit off right now. If you want to play damn ping-pong take your ass down to the YMCA, find some kid waiting for a game and just knock that same old tired back and forth shit off. Ya got it? I’ve got something to say!”

The crowd explodes in another round of cheers as a much quieter “What?” half-heartedly rises up out of the crowd. Austin mockingly glares at the crowd, nonchalantly holds up a middle finger, and goes back to speaking as the crowd laughs.

Austin- “As I was saying… tonight I want to give you MY vision of what this business is supposed to be. I’m not saying it is the so-called correct version. I’m not calling this a damn revolution. In all honesty, if you people want my honest definition of what I’d call the Rattlesnake Wrestling Syndicate…I’d say it was a love letter.”

The puzzled silence settles over the crowd as they wait for Austin to continue.

Austin- “Understand something… I love this business. Wrestling has cost me a lot. It cost me the ability to turn my damn head like a normal guy. It’s cost me more marriages than I’d care to share. I’ve woken up hungry, broke, busted up and pissed off because of this business.

Despite all that…I love it more than anything else in this world. I wake up thinking about it. I remember taking my time and learning how I works from the inside out. Great hands showed me what great wrestling looks like. And I’ll be damned if we ain’t going to try to do that each and every week here in The Snake Pit. Wrestling, to me anyway, is more than two guys beating the hell out of each other. Each match is chapter of a greater story, folks. I’ll be damned if we don’t have a great one to tell. So all of ya sit back, hold on and get ready, because I’m ready to give you guys the product that turned Steve Austin into a damn wrestling fan.”

After a few moments, the people in the arena explodes in response. Ross walks over to Austin and offers his hand as the owner stares out into the crowd. After a few moments, Austin notices the gesture and shakes his long time friend’s hand. The two embrace and share a few words before Ross breaks away and addresses the crowd.

Ross- “With that folks, let’s get this night started. Let’s have our first match!

MATCH #1

“The Knock-Out Artist” Chris Hero

vs.

“Fortune’s Son” Ted DiBiase Jr.

(As both men make their way towards the ring, Austin reveals to Ross and the television viewers why he wanted to make each man a part of his fledgling promotion)

Austin on Chris Hero- “Let me tell you something, JR…this guy has bust his ass in the ring from high school gyms in New Jersey to beer halls in Germany to sold out arenas in Japan. Chris Hero gives a damn about this business.

Now maybe he doesn’t have ‘the look’ a lot of wrestling companies are looking for, but Dick Murdock didn’t have that look either. Dusty Rhodes didn’t have that look. Bruiser Brody wasn’t going to win any body building competitions. But let me tell you, all those men could whip as in a wrestling ring and Chris Hero is cut from that same cloth. The man is made for professional wrestling which will make him a perfect fit here. You can count on that. I’ve been a fan of Chris Hero for a long time. I think the Syndicate is the perfect opportunity to show the world that you don’t have to be an underwear model to be a great professional wrestler.”

Austin on Ted DiBiase Jr- “I’ve known Ted for a long time, Jim. His daddy was my manager there for a little while, so you can say I’ve got a pretty good idea where he comes from. You see, wrestling is in this man’s blood. His grandfather died in the ring. His father was one of the greatest technicians this business has ever seen.

That being said, I think that put a lot of pressure on Ted early on his career. If everyone will recall he started out white hot and then just fell off. A lot of that has to do with how former employers used him. A lot of it had to do with the people he was working with. Whatever the reason…I saw a guy that needed a fresh start. Forget about what you think you know about Ted DiBiase Jr. This sum-a-bitch can go in the ring and I think we’ll see that tonight.”

The Match

Both men slowly circle one another as the bell rings to signal the start of the match. After a few tense moments, DiBiase steps forward with his hand extended and offers a hand-shake. Hero quickly takes it to the delight of the San Antonio crowd and the action restarts.
    The match is a back and forth affair that sees Hero take control early, but DiBiase quickly uses his mat wrestling knowledge to escape and press his own advantage. Not to be outdone, Hero turns the tide with his superior striking only to be thwarted by DiBiase as he dodges Hero’s offensive and clamp the journeyman wrestler down with some expert wrestling holds.

Highlights of the match include-

• DiBiase is slung into the ropes to break his side-headlock attempt on Hero. As the second generation star rebounds off the ropes, Hero clips his jaw with a running arched big boot. DiBiase hits the mat with a thud and Hero quickly goes for the cover. DiBiase manages a strong kick out, but Hero stands quickly and executes a sloppy standing moonsault and goes for another quick cover. DiBiase barely gets a shoulder up on the second attempt, but manages to keep the match going.

• DiBiase manages to avoid a running big boot to the head after Hero whips him into the opposite turnbuckle. Hero’s momentum causes him to crash into the empty turnbuckle and he leans on the turnbuckle in pain as he manages to get his leg down off the top rope. Seeing an opportunity, DiBiase quickly rocks Hero with a back suplex and follows up with a sharp fistdrop off the second rope that glances off Hero’s forehead. A large welt forms on Hero’s temple as a result of the botch.

• Near the end of the match, both men grapple near the ropes to gain an advantage. As the two men struggle against one another, they manage to fall through the second rope and on to the floor. After recovering after a few stunned moments from the fall, the pair quickly stand and begin trading forearms and punches. Hero winds up coming out on tope after he blocks a right hand from “Fortune’s Son” and laying his out with a discus punch.

The end of the match happens as Hero tries to push his advantage and end the match with a cravat suplex. DiBiase manages to just barely kick out, but a surprised Hero quickly stands and watches as DiBiase struggles to get to his feet. Preparing himself and sizing the shaky DiBiase up, Hero rushes forward and attempts a discus big boot. At the last instant, DiBiase manages to duck under the maneuver. Missing the move throws Hero’s equilibrium off and he momentarily tries to recover. As he does, a game DiBiase cinches in The Million Dollar Dream cobra clutch from behind! After a few moments of straining to get to the ropes, Hero eventually succumbs to the maneuver and passes out.

Spoiler:

Winner- Ted DiBiase Jr. by submission (5:15)

MATCH #2

“Big Poppa Pump” Scott Steiner (with Mike Mondo)

vs.

“The World Warrior” Low Ki

(As both men make their way towards the ring, Austin reveals to Ross and the television viewers why he wanted to make each man a part of his fledgling promotion)

Austin on Scott Steiner- “Steiner is a guy that isn’t very pleasant to deal with in out of the ring, in all honesty. To put in bluntly, the guy is an ass. That being said, you are talking about a former world champion here. World tag team champion, heavyweight champion, titles in Japan… you name and that big bastard’s won it. That isn’t an easy guy to find.
    So I’m negotiating to get him to join the Syndicate and he insists that he be allowed to bring along Mike Mondo. Now in my opinion, Mike Mondo is everything Scott Steiner isn’t, but Big Poppa Pump is adamant that this little bastard be brought along as his ringside help.

So I’m weighing the options and I figure if Mondo doesn’t get wiped out in his first month, Steiner will snap and do I for me. The sum-a-bitch has a crazy temper and can snap like that. So that was my reasoning. We’ll see how I plays out.”

Austin on Low Ki- “Now this guy is a lot like Chris Hero. You don’t get a nickname like the ‘World Warrior’ by staying at home on the weekends if you catch my drift. What I loved about Low Ki was how ready this guy was. I’d say within the first fifteen minutes of talking with him he asked me… ‘Steve, when do I begin?’ I mean, no beating around the bush. The guy just wanted to get in that ring and do what he does best. That’s an attitude that I can understand.

Off hand, I mentioned Scott Steiner and Ki was like…’Give me Steiner!’

I sort of did a double take and asked if he was sure he didn’t want someone closer to his weight class and Ki was adamant that this was the match he wanted. That right there tells you all you need to know about Low Ki.”

The Match

The opening bell sounds, but Steiner focuses on yelling instructions down to Mondo from ringside. Mondo hurriedly rearranges Steiner’s ring gear to his bosses liking, but the interaction gives Low Ki the opportunity to attack the former World champion when his guard is down.

Low Ki viscously kicks and chops Steiner as the big man tries to get his bearings. The onslaught drives ‘Big Poppa Pump’ into the corner where Low Ki dishes out more punishment. As Mondo yells at the referee to get involved, Low Ki cracks Steiner with a jumping roundhouse kick that leaves the muscular stunned and leaning into the turnbuckle for support.
    As the fans cheer, Low Ki slowly backs up and begins o measure Steiner. Seeing Steiner in trouble, Mondo hops on the ring apron to distract the referee. Low Ki gets a running start and clobbers Steiner’s ring attendant with a running forearm shot that leaves Mondo laid out on the arena floor.

Steiner stumbles back over to the fire up ‘World Warrior’, but gets thrown to the mat via an over the shoulder belly to belly suplex that brings the crowd to its feet. Low Ki quickly goes for a cover, but Steiner kicks out strongly at one.
    Low Ki continues to dominate for the next few seconds, but makes the mistake of going to the top rope to execute his Warriors Way double foot stomp. As he does, Mondo grabs his attention by shouting at him and threatening to jump up on the ring apron. Low Ki implores the referee to do something about the ringside nuisance, but Steiner manages to recover and attack Ki as he stands on the turnbuckle.

Steiner rocks Low Ki with some stiff punches and manages to superplex his smaller foe to the center of the ring. As Low Ki clutches his back in pain, Steiner begins stomping him violently. As Low Ki tries to roll over and protect himself, Steiner quickly straddles him and applies his Steiner-Recliner, camel clutch. The crowd cheers as Low Ki tries to fight through the pain for a few moments, but the indy legend is eventually forced to tap out in pain.
    Steiner rises triumphantly and kisses his bicep as Mondo enters the ring and raises his other arm in victory.

Spoiler:

Winner- Scott Steiner via submission (1:46)

MAIN EVENT

“The American Dragon” Bryan Danielson

vs.

“The Second City Saint” CM Punk

Austin on both men - “This match is one of the reasons I helped create the Syndicate. Talk about two the best…Danielson and Punk are two guys that will go down as all-time greats and I’m glad the Rattlesnake Wrestling Syndicate will be a footnote in that. Here are two guys that were forced away from something they loved. I fully expect this match to be a classic. These guys have been chomping at the bit to get back in the ring and do what they do best. I can’t wait to see this.”

The Match

Both men circle each other as they prepare to lock up, Punk grasps Danielson’s wrist, but “The American Dragon” fires off a leg kick that forces Punk to release his grip and back away. Punk winces as he puts weight on it and glares at Danielson in annoyance.

Both men begin to lock-up again, but Danielson fires off another kick that buckles Punk. As Punk rises, Danielson throws and another kick, but Punk catches it with one arm and pins the foot to the side of his body. Danielson hops on one leg for a moment, but quickly tries an enzigiri back-head kick. Punk expertly ducks under the attempt and rocks Danielson with a heavy elbow drop to the back of the head as he lands on the mat stomach first.

Punk quickly stands and runs into the ropes, but Danielson quickly rolls towards Punk as he rebounds back towards the center the ring. Punk jumps over and bounces into the opposite set of ropes. Danielson quickly stands and meets Punk shoulder-first in the center of the ring as he comes charging back. Punk’s momentum knock Danielson back on to his back. Rather than stay down, however, Danielson quickly kips back to his feet and sinks down into a fighting stance. Punk raises his eyebrows sarcastically and smiles at the maneuver.

The pair lock-up again and for the next few minutes put on a mat wrestling clinic as they exchange wristlocks, reversals, reverse waistlocks, takedowns, chickenwings and chinlocks. The exchange is very measured and realistic as both men grapple for supremacy over his opponent. The exchange ends when Punk attempts a backslide, but Danielson manages to roll through the maneuver and connect with a thunderous kick to the kneeling Punk’s jaw.

As Punk stands, Danielson quickly keeps him off-balance with two stiff European uppercuts and finishes the combo with a Northernstar suplex that garners a two-count from the referee before Punk slings his shoulders off the mat.

After his failed pin attempt, Danielson quickly gets up to his feet and controls Punk with a collar and elbow tie-up. Ever the expert in the ring, Danielson fires off some quick straight forearm shots and expertly applies a standing arm triangle choke that catches Punk by surprise.

Punk attempts to fight out of the move, but Danielson’s grip is unphased. To apply additional pressure, Danielson quickly hops up and grapevines his legs around Punk’s waist; forcing the “Straight-Edge Superstar” to carry his weight and fight off the choke. After a few tense moments, Punk manages to awkwardly walk towards the ropes and grasp the top one to force the referee to break the hold.

As Danielson awkwardly releases the hold and backs away, Punk stumbles to the corner and desperately tries to get his bearings back in order. Danielson, in an effort to maintain his advantage, charges forward, but is met with a hard right hand from Punk that stops him in his tracks. Punk applies and quick wristlock and eventually transitions it into a hammerlock. As Danielson tries to counter the maneuver, Punk quickly twists the maneuver and transitions into a short-arm clothesline that surprises his opponent.

As Danielson clutches his head on the mat, Punk shakes his head to clear the cobwebs. Punk quickly runs off the ropes and connects with a Shining Wizard as Danielson makes his way to his knees. Punk goes for a quick cover following the maneuver, but Danielson kicks out.

Punk quickly drags Danielson to his feet and underhooks both arms. Looking to the crowd for an instant, Punk lifts his opponent and sends him crashing back first on his knee via an double-underhook backbreaker. Rising slowly to his feet from one knee, Punk watches his opponent intently as he clutches his lower back in pain.

In quick succession, Punk lifts Danielson to his feet, hits him with a few hard right hands, and snapmares him roughly to the canvas from a standing cravat. Like a cat, Punk quickly rushes to the outside ring apron and launches himself on to Danielson with a slingshot senton. Punk hooks a leg as he goes for the cover, but Danielson manages a weak kickout.

Punk slowly rises to his feet and takes a few seconds to walk around the ring and recollect himself. As he bends down to drag Danielson to his feet, Danielson manages to fire off a few sharp punches that stun his opponent. Seeking to turn the momentum, Danielson tries to press his advantage, but is doubled over by a hard knee to the midsection from Punk.

Punk maneuvers Danielson into the corner and works him over with some Thai knees as he holds the back of “The American Dragon’s” head. Danielson absorbs the punishment and weakly tries to push Punk away, but Punk whips him into the opposite turnbuckle and connects with a running high knee that knocks Danielson silly.

Punk stands on the turnbuckle instead of falling to the mat and plays to the crowd for a moment. He rains down 11 hard punches as the crowd counts along with him and hops off at the referee’s admonishment. Seeing an opportunity to end the match, Punk perches Danielson on the top turnbuckle and connects with a SUPER-FRAKENSTEINER! Punk quickly goes for a cover, but Danielson just barely manages another weak kickout at the count of two.

As the crowd goes nuts, an exasperated Punk sadly smiles and shakes his head at his opponent’s tenacity. Punk rises to his feet and holds his arms out to the crowd. About half the crowd cheers at the call for attention, but soon a majority join in as Punk signals for his “The Go To Sleep” finisher.

As the crowd cheers, Punk hoists Danielson on to his shoulders and readies to end the match. At the last moment, Danielson cinches Punks arms and rolls backwards towards the mat. Captured in a crucifix with his shoulders on the mat, Punk violently kicks out as the referee begins his count.

Both men rises to their feet, but Punk swings wildly with a right haymaker. Danielson expertly ducks under and manages to grapple with an off-balance Punk. The crowd explodes as Danielson connects with a belly to back suplex that stuns Punk. An off balance Punk rolls out of the ring to recollect himself, but Danielson quickly sprints off the ropes and launches himself through the middle ropes to the outside. The suicide dive runs over Punk and both men hit the floor with a thud as the crowd cheers. Both men lie on the floor for a few seconds before Danielson gathers himself and stands. He manhandles the stunned Punk back into the ring and rolls under the bottom rope to continue the match.

As Punk lies on his stomach, and exhausted Danielson walks up from behind and firmly grasps the Second City Saint’s wrist. Cinching his feet, Danielson falls back and secures a horizontal surfboard. As the referee moves closer, Punk lets out an anguished cry as Danielson stretches him unmercifully. After a few moments of intense pain, Punk endures the hold before Danielson decides to release it.

As Danielson walks around and rotates his shoulders to break up the built up lactic acid, Punk slowly crawls on his belly to the bottom rope. As Danielson readies himself, Punk slowly gets to his feet by climbing the ropes. As Punk turns around to the center of the ring, Danielson rushes forward and connects with a running knee that floors Punk.

Danielson goes for the cover, but referee is forced to call for a break as Punk manages to drape his leg over the bottom rope. An exhausted Danielson stands and tries to pull Punk to his feet, but the wily veteran quickly secures a small package and pins the unsuspecting Danielson!

By the narrowest of margins, The American Dragon manages to get his left shoulder up before the referee counts three. Both men slowly roll away from one another and stand shakily. For a few moments, they stare intensely at one another before Danielson slyly winks at his opponent through labored breaths. The gesture causes Punk to chuckle and the pair slowly walk towards each other.

The pair trade knife edge chops for the next few moments as each man tries to impose his will on the other. As both men’s chest become red (with Danielson’s beginning to bleed in spots), Punk manages to quickly whips Danielson into the ropes and connect with a scoop powerslam as he sprints back towards the center of the ring.

Seeing an opportunity, Punk staggers over to a turnbuckle and slowly climbs to the top rope. Holding his two fingers straight up in the air, Punk measures the distance to Danielson in his head as the crowd cheers.

All of a sudden a figure rushes on to the ring apron and pushes Punk off the top rope!

Ross- “What the hell? Who in the hell is that?”
    Austin- “Son of a bitch-”

The television crowd can hear Austin take his headset off and watch as he pushes away from the announce table.

The shot goes back to the ring where another man in street clothes is on his knees pounding away on Brian Danielson. Punk lies on the other side of the ring as a long haired assailant is stomping away on him. As the television camera zooms in, the faces of Paul Burchill and Doug Williams become clear.

Ross- “What the hell are Doug Williams and Paul Burchill doing here? This was a great match! Why did these two feel the need to get involved?”

Austin climbs the ring steps and enters the ring with an angry look on his face. Holding the microphone to his lips, he angrily yells at the two intruders.

Austin- “What in the hell do you two think you’re doing on my damn show? You think the pair of you can just come out here and ruin what I’ve put together. Now I told you when I signed a few days ago that I’d give you an opportunity. All you had to do was wait your damn turn, but now you’ve gone and pissed me off.”

Williams and Burchill slowly walk to the center of the ring and square up and Austin. After a few tense minutes, Williams asks for the microphone. Austin slowly gives it to him and crosses his arms in annoyance.

Williams- “Boss, we didn’t do this for us. We did this for a friend of ours we think you wronged. You see, Mr. Austin, you don’t sign people like our friend and just snub him by putting two guys that haven’t been in the ring in over a year in the main event on your first show. Where is the fairness in that? I mean, Paul and I have been taking it easy for the last few years. We don’t expect to headline a show, but to slap our friend in the face-”

Austin snatches the microphone away from Douglas and steps within inches of him. Nose to nose, the pair share an intense stare down as Burchill takes a step back.

Austin- “Do something, Doug. I dare you. Why don’t you try something right here and right now?”

William sheepishly backs away with his arms held out wide to show he isn’t interested in any altercation with the head of the Rattlesnake Wrestling Syndicate.

Austin- “That’s what I thought. Now I think I know who the hell your friend is and I’ve already had this talk with him. IF he thinks he can pull shit like this, he’s got another thing coming. I tell you two sum-a-bitches what… both of you will be back here tomorrow night! You will be taking on the two men you just bushwhacked in a fair fight! And go ahead and bring your so-called ‘friend’ with you. I’ve got some words for him too.”

The show goes off the air with the images of Danielson and Punk sprawled out in the ring and an angry Austin staring down the two sheepish looking Brits as Ross wonders aloud who the mystery friend is.

Quick Results

Spoiler:

**Dark Matches**
    Spoiler:

Dark: Marco Corleone ( with Mike Sanders)defeats Trevor Rhodes
    Dark: Orlando Jordan defeats Ken Doane

• Ted DiBiase Jr. defeats Chris Hero (5:15)
    • Scott Steiner (with Mike Mondo) defeats Low Ki (1:46)
    • Brian Danialson and CM Punk end in a "no contest" due to interference from Doug Williams and Paul Burchill(12:33)
    Last edited by White Rhyno; 07-18-2017 at 06:32 PM.

People's Champion

Status

Good to see you booking again Rhyno, it's been a while.

First off let's talk about the premise. Bit similar to Charlemm's ECW where Punk and Bryan were picked up for that star power. My biggest concern is definitely around Bryan's health. Can he actually be the star he was for the WWE for RWS.

Ohno and Dibiase are two solid first picks. It seems everyone right now has had their issues with WWE down the years one way or another. I like Austin putting over why he drafted certain individuals in and Dibiase showed his previously misused ability to put Ohno away with the Million Dollar Submission hold.

Not too sure on Steiner tbh as I think he's way past it although he does bring that name power with him. But with Bryan and Punk, as well as Austin I'm not sure it's needed. Low Ki on the other hand is a much better asset for RWS inside the ring and needs to be treated that way. He can definitely bring out classic matches with Punk and Bryan.

The main event was the right choice to put the two big names up against each other. I liked the no contest finish as not only did it protect both Bryan and Punk from starting with a loss it also brought in a new antagonist for both Bryan and Punk. I'm guessing it's either Barrett or McIntyre with their version of a British stable. Either way I can see Bryan and Punk being forced to team up to take on/down this new British legion.

Overall a good start to the project Rhyno but excuse me if I don't take any of the dark match superstars seriously. This project has come maybe 10 years too late for some of them, especially Jordan and Rhodes.

Keep it up mate, I'll definitely be reading.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Syk, thanks for the review. (and the silent ones that quietly sent me rep with encouraging words)

On a project like this, you never know who will bother to read it. Made-up feds are always hit or miss.

I think your points were spot on. You aren't the only one who isn't high on my choice of Steiner. A few people have pointed out that he isn't what he once was and there were other options out there to fill his role in the Syndicate. I can't say that any of you are wrong on that count, but I felt comfortable choosing him in the role I have planned for him. Steiner will not be a main event guy for me, at this point anyway. I selected him more to be a mid-card monster, similar to how Kane and the Big Show were used these past few years (or Meng for you WCW fans).

A lot of my dark match guys were chosen more for their *name recognition* than their potential at this point. In my mind, I think Austin feels more comfortable getting veterans of the industry to fill out his undercard of his upstart promotion. Maybe he doesn't have time to mentor them or wants guys that are used to big crowds? I'm not sure. (For me, it was also picking guys that I was somewhat familiar with, if I'm honest.)

I really appreciate the feedback so early in the project. With so many on-going projects that have sort of proven they were her to stay, I was pretty sure I'd have to post a show or two before anyone would notice little ole' me and my made-up fed. It made my day!

Mid-Card Champion

Status

(08-08-2016)
    Episode#1.02- Recoil

Rattling Cages

Steve Austin stand in the center of the ring as red and silver lights spin around the Snake Pit. Austin wears a frown and stands with his arms crossed as the crowd hypes itself up. The house lights come up as the Rattlesnake Wrestling Syndicate’s theme song ends and the legendary owner of the Syndicate steps forward before the crowd can settle down.

Austin- “All right, I’ve got something to say so quite down and let’s get this show on the road. Last week, Doug Williams and Paul Burchill took upon themselves to right some imaginary wrong on behalf of their mysterious friend who’s feelings I hurt by not placing him in the main event.

Now it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out who it is. The internet has been buzzing about it since it happened, but its none the less a big, heaping, stinking, pile of bullshit as far as I’m concerned. So here is what I’m going to do. Paul…Doug…bring your sorry asses down here to this ring. Bring your damn friend too. Then I want the three of you to look me in the eye and try to give me that bullshit excuse again.

Who knows? Maybe tonight I’ll buy it. I mean, it has been 24 hours and all.

The crowd cheers as Doug Williams and Paul Burchill appear at the head of the ramp and make their way to the ring. Both men wear black matching ring attire and Burchill sports an ominous black glove on his right hand. The pair enter the ring and Williams is handed a microphone. Austin quickly steps forward as Williams raises the mic to his lips.

Austin- (shouting at the stunned pair) “I tell you to come down to my ring and bring your little secret friend with you. Instead, you two strut down here by yourselves with those goofy ass grins. I’ve never been accused of being a patient man so please tell me what in the hell you think you are doing and explain why I shouldn’t fire both your asses right here and now.

Both men look at one another shakily before Williams quickly answers.

Williams- “Steve, we understand that you are mad, but give us a second to explain.

Williams is quickly cut off by an earth shattering “WHAT?” that explodes from the crowd in unison. As the crowd laughs at themselves, Austin quickly steps forward and addresses them.

Austin- “I’ve got to ask you folks a favor. I’m never going to tell you what to cheer or what to say. I understand this ‘What?’ thing has been a thing for a while. That’s good…but you have to understand that I’m about to kick these two bastards to the curb and I want to hear what they have to say. So I’m asking you guys as a favor, save that shit for later. That sound ok?

The crowd cheers as Austin glares over at his two employees.

Williams- “Thank-you, Steve. That was quite gracious. Now, if I could continue.

Austin quickly steps forward and halts Williams in his tracks.

Austin- “Listen hear you mealy mouthed bastard, you’ve got about three seconds to answer my damn question or I’m going to stun your ass back to England. I don’t want your damn thanks. I want answers as to why you guys ruined my damn main event last night. So I’m gonna give you one more ch-

A familiar smug voice cuts Austin off as it booms through the auditorium

???- “That isn’t a way to talk to an employee, Mr. Austin. I know you have a certain reputation to uphold, but please let my brother in arms answer the damned question.

A very cocky looking Stu Bennett walks out from the back with that familiar sneer on his face. The crowd boos as Williams and Burchill beam at one another and laugh. Austin glares at Bennett as he walks towards the ring.

Bennett- “What’s a matter, Steve? Cat got your tongue? Surely, you can’t be surprised to see me out here. Let’s be honest, the Internet had this figured out in less than 24 hours. Surely, you knew I would be here tonight! Why the big charade? After all, you saw me sign a contract to compete here weeks ago.

Austin- (watching as Bennett walks to the ring) “Yeah, I figured it was you, Stu. This whole British stable thing… The way you bitched and moaned about how the industry had done you wrong… I knew damn well that you were behind this, but I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Now, I know you are sorry piece of crap for certain. It’s really a load off my mind.

Bennett enters the ring and places his arm around his two cohorts with a big grin as Austin finishes his insults. The trio react in mock outrage as Austin calls Bennett fectal matter.

Bennett- “REALLY, STEVE? Forgive me, but I’m really disappointed that is the best insult you can muster up. I mean-

Austin- “Would you feel better if I called you a piece of shit? Cause I can do that for you.

The crowd pops at the insult as Bennett gets more serious. The trio stare Austin down for a tense moment before Bennett continues.

Bennett- “Call me whatever you want, Austin? I could really care less what your opinion of me is. If you need me to spell this out for you, I will.
    It complete bullshit that you placed two men that hadn’t been in the ring in more than a year in your main event. One is a failed MMA fighter…the other is one punch away from being a walking vegetable and is too stupid to know when to walk away. Those are facts.

What you’re looking at isn’t another British stable. What you have here are three men that have decided to forge a path together based on mutual respect. You see, our whole careers we have been overlooked. Our whole careers our ability has been marginalized by the short-sighted owners we worked for.

If you think about it, Steve… We were doing you a favor. You are looking at THE ELITE of professional wrestling. You couldn’t see it last night, but I’ll wager its clear as day now.

Austin- (claps mockingly as he continues to glare at the three men before him) “What a load of shit… If you really believe that, you could have earned it when I called your number. Ya see, you didn’t do that. You pissed me off. But more importantly, you pissed that so-called failed MMA fighter and that walking vegetable. In doing so, they want a match with you two bastards tonight.

Burchill grabs the microphone from Bennett and steps towards Austin.

Burchill- “Doug and I have no problem with that at all! We’ll take them on and show the world-”

Austin quickly cuts him off and begins walking out of the ring.

Austin- “How about right now? Ring the damn bell!

As the crowd cheers, CM Punk and Brian Danielson sprint down the aisle and slide into the ring. A shocked Stu Bennett watches as Punk and Danielson quickly begin attacking the men on either side of him. As Punk and Danielson push their antagonist into the opposite turnbuckles, Austin quickly hops up on the ring apron and demands Bennett get out of the ring. Bennett shouts something at Austin and stalks out of the ring with a scowl on his face.

After a few moments, Bennett joins Austin and Jim Ross at the commentary booth.

MATCH #1

Doug Williams and Paul Burchill

vs.

CM Punk and Bryan Danielson

The Match

The referee seems at a loss as Punk and Danielson viscously rip into their attackers from the night before. Punk and Danielson are both relentless as they savagely beat Williams and Burchill into opposite turnbuckles and then whip them into one another in the center of the ring. As both Brits stumble away from one another, they are both leveled with dropkicks from the popular faces. As the crowd cheers, Burchill and Williams quickly roll to the outside and attempt to recover.

As Austin laughs, Bennett rails against “the ignorance of these fans”. Bennett explains that if Punk and Danielson are hypocrites for whining about being attacked and then turning around and doing the same thing. Austin promptly calls him an idiot and the two engage in some verbal sparring before Ross intervenes.

The referee manages to get some semblance of order in the match and calls the Brits back to the ring apron. Burchill attempts to start the match for his time, but the referee quickly stops him and inspects the glove on his right hand. Burchill attempts to hide the hand behind his back, but the referee is insistent and eventually gets a good look at the piece of equipment. The referee flushes and angrily orders Burchill to take it off. Burchill smiles sheepishly as he tosses the glove into the corner.

As his attention is turned, Punk rushes forward and quickly applies a Northern Star suplex that brings the crowd to its feet. The surprise maneuver earns Punk a two count as the match once again picks up at a blazing pace.

The match sees Punk and Danielson dominate early as the heel team is caught off-guard by their opponent’s aggressiveness. That aggressiveness eventually lets the pair get back into the match as Williams counters a wild charge by Danielson and manages to ground him with a surfboard.

• Danielson dropping Burchill with some knife-edge chops and then blasting him with several hard kicks that leave him breathless and holding his torso in pain.

• Williams planting Punk on his head with a hard German suplex and then transitioning to a mount and working him over with some hard forearms and punches. As the camera zooms in, Williams is seen taunting Punk and daring him to fight back.

• Punk connecting with a “Go To Sleep” facebuster on Burchill and then dodging Williams as he tries to come off the top rope to break the following pin attempt. As Williams crashes into his partner, Punk quickly locks him in a Dragon Sleeper and winks at Danielson in their corner.

• Burchill managing to reverse and Irish Whip attempt by Danielson and laying him out with a jumping clothesline as he rebounds off the ropes. The crowd explodes as Burchill manages to connect with a C-4 and go for the pin. Luckily, Punk manages to make it into the ring in time to break the pin attempt.

The end of the match sees Williams isolating Punk in their corner and working him over for a few minutes. Eventually, Punk manages to avoid a European forearm attempt by Williams and latch on a sleeperhold as Williams wildly spins around. As Punk hops on William’s back to cinch the hold, the cagy ring veteran stumbles back towards Danielson. Danielson craftily smacks Punk’s back and enters the ring as Punk releases the hold and falls to the mat in exhaustion.

Williams falls forward on his knees as Punk rushes to the opposite turnbuckle and rushes towards his gasping opponent. The crowd cheers as Danielson connects with a running knee as Williams wearily attempts to stand. As a despondent Burchill drops to his knees, Danielson goes for the cover and gets a three count.

Spoiler:

Winner- CM Punk and Brian Danielson via pinfall (8:22)

Spoiler:

Aftermath-

As Austin and Bennett argue at the commentary booth, Danielson helps his tired partner to his feet. The referee raises both men’s arms high as the crowd cheers. Those cheer’s are quickly stifled as Burchill dons his mysterious black glove and rushes the pair from behind. Danielson takes a hard punch to the back of the head and crumbles to his knees. A surprised Punk quickly turns to take on Burchill, but is also laid out with a single punch to the chin.

As Bennett laughs and Austin curses, Burchill mounts Punk and then begins to pummel him with his gloved hand. Very soon, Punk is a bloody mess as Burchill rains down punch after punch. Eventually a dazed Williams manages to pull his partner off a still Punk. The referee quickly checks on Punk as Danielson lies still on the mat.

Bennett quickly enters the ring and embraces Burchill and Williams in a rough embrace. Both Brits wear tired grins as Bennett gives them both encouraging words and the show goes to commercial.

The show returns from commercial.

Backstage interviewer Kevin Von Erich stands with Stu Bennett, Paul Burchill and Doug Williams. Bennett has both of his arms draped around the shoulders of his two friends ( who are still dressed in their ring attire). Burchill still wears his ominous black glove.

Von Erich- “Gentlemen, I know you’ve just gotten back from the ring, but I’ve got to ask you what the hell you were thinking with that heinous attack, Paul? You can’t be proud of that.

Bennett is quickly outraged and jumps in as Burchill looks at Von Erich with a surprised look.

Bennett- “What kind of horse shite question is that, Kevin? You think Paul WANTED to do that?

Von Erich- “I have no idea. I do know that he did it.

Bennett- “Understand something Mr. Von Erich, Steve Austin put these men in a bad situation. When you put dangerous men in bad situations, it goes without saying that bad things happen. Both of these men defended MY honor last week. They shouldn’t have been punished for it by being thrown in some impromptu match with no way to prepare.

Simply put, it was our owner showing favoritism to his two big signings by trying to give them an unfair advantage. I mean, he puts them in the main event of our first show. Neither of those men had wrestled in years, but they get the main event. Then he tries to pull a fast one this week… What does that tell you?

Von Erich- “How does that excuse attacking two people from behind with…a loaded glove of some sort? What is that you are wearing, Paul?

Burchill laughs and mockingly examines his gloved hand as Bennett and Williams crack up.

Burchill- “Oh it’s just a glove, Kev. It’s supported because I hurt my wrist a few years back, but it’s just a bit of cloth and leather.

Von Erich- “That’s not what it looks like from here.

Burchill- “Well, all the blood on it makes it tough to see now doesn’t it?

A disgusted Von Erich shakes his head slowly as the trio laugh at the joke. Bennett embraces Burchill as Williams faces Von Erich.

Williams- “ That’s funny! I mean, that’s beautiful! Why don’t you just get the hell out of here, Kevin? You obviously don’t enjoy a good joke.”

Von Erich slowly walks away as the trio continues to laugh hysterically.

MATCH #2

“Big Poppa Pump” Scott Steiner and Mike Mondo

vs.

“The World Warrior” Low Ki and “The Knockout Artist” Chris Hero

Austin and Ross briefly react in disgust at the British wrestlers before continuing on with show. As each pair of men enter the ring, Austin gives his views on the upcoming match.

Austin on Mondo and Steiner- “It’s no shocker that Steiner beat Low Ki last night. The guy is a former world champion. I will say I’d have liked to have to seen him do it without Mondo’s dumb ass getting involved. I get that piss ant has some sort of hero worship going on, but I thought Ki was in good shape before Mondo decided to get involved.

Austin on Hero- “Chris had a tough draw last night with Ted DiBiase, but I’d like to see him rebound this week. Losses happen in this sport. I’m sure he’ll be fine. I just wanted to get him back in the ring and give him an opportunity. He and Low Ki go way back. I think they’ll make a hell of a team tonight.

Austin on Low Ki- “Low Ki found me last night after the show as demanded rematch with Steiner. I get why he is mad, but the fact is that he lost. I figured by booking this match, it would give him a chance to get both of the guys he felt robbed him. The rest is up to him.

The Match-

Mondo begs Steiner for the opportunity to start the match. Steiner skeptically allows it. As he does, Low Ki nudges Hero and asks him to step to the outside. Hero smiles and gives his partner and opportunity to get his hands on Mondo.
    A fired up Mondo and Low Ki circle one another for a few moments before they launch into a brawl that sees Low Ki quickly overpower Mondo with the strength of his blows. A stunned Mondo is quickly whipped off the ropes by Low Ki and taken off his feet with an explosive dropkick from “The World Warrior”.

• Low Ki mauling Mondo inside and outside the ring. After connecting with a slingshot splash over the top rope and to the outside, Low Ki does a miniature “Warriors Way” foot stomp off of the ring steps on Mondo’s exposed chest; much to the delight of the crowd in “The Snake Pit”.

• Steiner turning Low Ki inside out with a stiff running “Steiner-Line” and almost flinging him under the bottom ropes with the subsequent fall-away slam.

• Hero gets a hot tag and takes out both Steiner and Mondo (who attempt to run in and save his mentor) with two discuss forearms. As Steiner attempts to stand, Hero quickly picks him up in the piledriver position, but Mondo manages to recover in time to save his friend.

The end of the match sees both Steiner and Mondo cut off the ring and work Hero over. Steiner becomes increasingly frustrated when they can’t put Hero away and begins verbally berating Mondo with each failed pain attempt. Mondo becomes increasingly apologetic and desperate to please Steiner and becomes distracted.

Mondo attempts to powerbomb Hero, but Hero manages to bail out over Mondo’s shoulder. Mondo frantically turns around and walks into a cravat suplex. Hero goes for the cover. Steiner curses loudly and rushes into the ring to break up the pin attempt, but is cut off by a flying Low Ki! As Low Ki smashes into Steiner with a jumping forearm, Hero manages to secure the pinfall.

Spoiler:

Winner- Chris Hero and Low Ki via pinfall (5:36)

As the bell rings, Low Ki continues to pound on a stunned Steiner. As the crowd cheers, Low Ki pops to his feet and stands over Steiner menacingly. Hero slowly walks over and gently pulls Low Ki to the center of the ring. Ki’s attention is temporarily on Steiner as he moves to the center of the ring, but he quickly breaks into a smile and allows the referee to raise their arms in victory.

Eventually, Hero and Low Ki exit the ring. Steiner stirs angrily and slams the mat in frustration. Mondo rushes over and tries to calm him down, but Steiner roughly shoves him away. Steiner stalks around the ring screaming curses as Mondo stands forlornly in the corner. Steiner motions for the microphone.

Steiner- “Let’s get something straight! I DID NOT LOSE THIS MATCH! This little gerbil over here lost this damn match. I will say that Low Ki has earned himself a beating with that *@%*ing stunt at the end of the match. He thinks he is gonna make a name off of me?
    LOW KI! You just got the attention of the big bad booty daddy, you understand? It is now my mission to end your damn career, boy! You got that?

Steiner glowers over at Mondo roughly orders him out of the ring. As Mondo scampers out of the ring, Steiner exits the ring and storms to the back.

The show returns from commercial and Kevin Von Erich stands backstage with the victorious Low Ki and Chris Hero. Both men are all smiles as Von Erich begins the interview.

Von Erich- “Men, that was a hell of a victory. It has to feel good.

An excited Low Ki pops forward…

Low Ki- “You damn right it feels good! I understand Scott Steiner called me out after the match, huh? Is that right?

Von Erich- “Yeah, he did. He was pretty upset at that tiff you two got into at the end of the match, Ki.

Low Ki- “You mean me beating his ass? Steiner is mad that I kicked his ass? (Laughs) Well, he needs to get used to that. I’m not worried about his pumped up ass at all. I WANT a rematch with Scott Steiner!

Von Erich- “Well all right! Chris, what are your thoughts? It has to be after being on the losing end last night?

Hero- “Yeah… it feels good to be back on the winning side. Last night’s loss was eating on me, but I’m feeling better now. Me and Ki did what we needed to do.

Von Erich- “Let me tell you Chris, you have nothing to feel bad about. Your match with Ted last night was great. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Could we see more of you guys teaming in the future?

Low Ki- “I don’t know, Kev. I love Chris. I love teaming with this guy, but I’ve got some business with Steiner.

Hero- “Yeah. I love Low Ki, but I’m ready to get on with my singles career. I’ve already got one loss and need to clean that up. Down the road, however…. Who knows?

MAIN EVENT

“Fortune’s Son” Ted DiBiase Jr.

vs.

“The Silverback” Ryan Reeves (with Barbie Blank)

Austin on DiBiase- “This guy came out and showed the world what he was about last night when he beat Chris Hero in the Syndicate’s first ever match. This guy is ready to take that next step. Mark my words, DiBiase is ready to take some big steps. Tonight will be another test, but I like what I saw last night.

Austin on Reeves- “Now this guy…hoo-boy! This guy is put together. Ryan Reeves has the potential to be a monster in this business. We’ve seen him on TV, but I think this man has been criminally misused. When I talked with him about coming to the Syndicate, I was up front. All he has to do is get in that ring and perform. He just smiled and seemed to like it.

He’s the type of guy that just needs to know who the referee is…he’ll kill the other sum-a-bitch. He’s gonna be a real test for Ted.

The Match

Reeves allows Blank to hold the ropes open for him and steps in with an intense look on his face. DiBiase seems unphased as Blank helps take off Reeve’s ring attire, but “The Silverback” stares a hole through the second generation star’s chest.

The bell rings and Reeves charges forward recklessly. DiBiase manages to duck under the blitzkrieg and fires off some hard right hands that temporarily stun Reeves. DiBiase charges into the ropes and rebounds back into Reeves with his full force. DiBiase quickly crashes to the mat as Reeves barely flinches.
    As the crowd groans, Reeves roughly picks DiBiase by the neck and begins slamming hard forearms down on the second generation star’s head and shoulders. The rest of the match sees Reeves never look back as he brutally attempts to dismantle DiBiase. DiBiase manages to sporadically fire up some offense, but Reeves simply walks through it and continues his onslaught.

Highlights include:

• Reeves almost knocking out DiBiase with a backpack stunner. DiBiase shows some fight by barely shrugging his shoulder off the mat right before the three count.
    • Reeves traps DiBiase in the corner turnbuckle and beats him to a pulp with shoulders, knees and haymakers.
    • Reeves presses DiBiase over his head and threatens to throw him over the top rope to the floor, but instead drops him behind his back to the mat.

During the match, Chris Hero walks down to ringside and tries to encourage DiBiase as the demolition continues. A fired up Reeves laughs at Hero and continues his assault.

The end of the match occurs when Reeves walks to the corner and waits eagerly as a stunned DiBiase struggles to rise to his feet. Blank stares up adoringly and blows Reeves a kiss before the huge wrestler runs forward and almost decapitates DiBiase with a crooked arm lariat. The impact of the blow causes DiBiase’s head bounces off the mat. Reeves nonchalantly pins an unconscious DiBiase. The referee counts the cover.

Spoiler:

Winner- Ryan Reeves via pinfall (4:22)

The camera zooms into a smiling Barbie Blank as she climbs on to the ring apron. The camera flips back to a somber Hero who stares intently at DiBiase. DiBiase lies lifelessly on the canvas with his eyes closed. The referee quickly checks on DiBiase, but is unable to wake the second generation star up off the mat.

Reeves gets his arms raised in victory as Blank gives him a kiss on the cheek. Hero enters the ring and cautiously walks around Reeves to get to DiBiase. Reeves sneers at him, but walks out of the ring with his manager. As Hero stares down in shock, the referee calls for the medics. Several medics runs down to the ring and begin working on DiBiase.

Ross- “This is horrible. I feel so bad for Teddy. This guy has worked so hard to come back. After his big return win last night, things looked so good.

Austin- “This sucks. I knew Ryan Reeves was a killer, but I thought DiBiase could hold his own. Man, I think Ted just took a rough shot in the beginning and just could never recover. I hate to see this.

The medics place a neck brace on DiBiase and begins strapping him to the emergency straight board as Hero forlornly walks to the center of the ring with an anguished look on his face. As they begin to get DiBiase out of the ring , Hero asks for a microphone.

Hero- “Man, this is horrible. Ted, you hang in there, man. Watching that match was heartbreaking, but I know you’ll be back, brother.

(The crowd cheers at the sentiment)

With that being said…. I came out here to challenge you to a rematch. So get better, buddy. There is no way I can let that fluke victory of your to go unavenged. To make things right, I’m begging you for a rematch next weekend. Get better, pal!

Austin quickly gets up and storms into the ring as the crowd begins to boo Hero. Austin quickly grabs his arm and spins him around.

Austin- “What the hell are you doing, Chris? Now isn’t the time for this shit! Have a little respect!

Hero holds his hands out in surprise and looks around in shock as Austin stares at him in disgust. The crowd continues to boo louder as Austin shakes his head in disgust and the show goes off the air.

Quick Results

Spoiler:

Dark: Mike Knoxx defeats Shark Boy

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

• Brian Danialson and CM Punk defeat Paul Burchill and Doug Williams (8:22) *Williams and Burchill destroys Danialson and Punk after the match with Burchill's loaded glove.

• Chris Hero and Low Ki defeat Scott Steiner and Mike Mondo (5:36)
    • Ryan Reeves (with Barbie Blank) defeats Ted DiBase Jr. (4:22) *After the match, Chris Hero challenges DiBase despite the fact he is obviously hurt and on a stretcher

Last edited by White Rhyno; 08-19-2017 at 07:26 AM.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

(08-15-2016)
    #1.03- Explode

Lit Fuse

A week after its successful debut, Steve Austin stands in the center of the Rattlesnake Wrestling Syndicate’s ring as red and silver lights spin around the Snake Pit. Austin wears a calm look on his face and waits patiently as the crowd cheers. The house lights come up as the Rattlesnake Wrestling Syndicate’s theme song ends and the legendary owner of the Syndicate steps forward as the crowd quiets down to hear what the wrestling legend has to say.

Austin- “First of all, I’ve got to thank everyone here in the Snake Pit, the fans that came last week and all of you guys watching on television... We did it.

(The fan pop loudly as Austin steps back and gives them a chance to respond.)

Last weekend’s ratings, reaffirmed to the folks at FOX what I’ve been saying all along…that a real wrestling program has a place on television. We showed everyone that WRESTLING is enough. We don’t need soap-opera type shit. We don’t need toys. We don’t need huge corporate sponsors. All you folks wanted were two sum-bitches to get in this ring and start whipping ass and that’s what we gave you.

This just isn’t about me or Jim Ross. This is about those guys in the back that believed in what we want to do. A lot of these guys had given up hope on ever being wrestlers again. I’m glad they’ve found a home.

With that being said…we’ve got some new guys debuting in the Syndicate this week. I promise you, we will not keep giving you the same old tired shit week after week. Tonight, I’ve got six new guys that are ready to come out here and make their names. I hope you are all ready.

(The crowd cheers again as Austin holds his fists high and encourages them. After a few loud minutes, Austin heads to the announce table with Jim Ross to begin the show.)

MATCH #1

“The South African Express” PJ Black

vs.

“The Provocative One” Kevin Kiley

Austin on Black- “This kid actually sought me out when he heard I was thinking about this little venture. He’s a lot like Low Ki in the fact that he has been all over the world perfecting his craft. With his athleticism, I think he could accomplish a lot here. The kid can bounce around the ring like a damn kangaroo, if you see what I’m saying. I think if he catches the right breaks the sky is the limit for him. He reminds me a lot of my former tag team partner Brian Pillman.

Austin on Kiley- “Kev, has a lot of similarities to yours truly. He’s put together reasonably well. He’s a good athlete. He’s not afraid to mix it up in the ring. And he has a bit of a mouth on him… Well, I’ll say that may be an understatement. A lot of people told me not to hire him because he won’t shut up.

It’s no mystery that he talked his way out of his last job, but I think I’ve got enough guys here that can rectify Kev’s reckless mouth if he goes too far. I really can’t say much, however. I’ve been known to speak my mind too. If Kiley feels he can back it up, I’ve got no problem with him speaking his mind. I just need to see him perform in the ring.

The Match

Both men nervously circle one another as they feel one another out. Kiley takes the initial advantage of the match by muscling Black into the ropes and roughly firing off a European-style forearm that snaps Black’s head back. Riley quickly whips him off the ropes and tries to backdrop his opponent, but Black rolls through the maneuver and lands on his feet.

As Kiley turns around, Black connects with a few hard kicks to the bruiser’s midsection and follows the combination up with a Pele-kick that puts Kiley on his back. The big man quickly rolls to the ropes and gets up clutching his head as Black stands ready in the center of the ring.

• Black avoiding a huge spear by Kiley that sends his opponent through the ropes and to the floor. Seeing the opportunity, Black gets a running start and flattens Kiley with a suicide dive through the middle ropes. As the fans cheer, Kiley lifts a stunned Kiley up and rams his head into the steel ring post before shoving back under the bottom rope.

• Kiley catching Black in mid-air as he tries to execute a running bodypress. In one quick motion, Riley quickly powerslams his acrobatic opponent and retakes control of the mat.

• Black scoring a dropkick after avoiding a wild clothesline attempt from Kiley. As Kiley stumbles back into the ropes, Black manages to connect with a spinout powerbomb that helps Black secure a two count before Kiley kicks out.

• Kiley turning the tide of the match by laying Black out with an Alabama Slam that shakes the ring. As Black rolls to his stomach in pain, Kiley applies a bows and arrow submission that grounds the popular star for a few moments.

The end of the match occurs when Kiley whips Black into the ropes and connects with a flying knee as Black sprints back to the center of the ring. As Black tries to recover his senses, Kiley mounts turnbuckle and waits for his opponent to stand. Black shakily gets to his feet, but manages to fire off a hard single leg dropkick as Kiley launches himself off the top rope. Black’s foot connects with Kiley’s chin with a sickening crunch.

An unconscious Kiley lies spread eagle in the ring as an exhausted Black mounts the closest turnbuckle. As the crowd cheers, Black executes a perfect 450 splash and goes for the cover.

Spoiler:

Winner- PJ Black via pinfall (6:47)

Backstage interviewer Kevin Von Erich stands with Barbie Blank (Kelly Kelly) and her client, Ryan Reeves. Blank smiles sweetly at Von Erich while the intense Reeves stares silently at the ground.

Von Erich- “Barbie… Ryan... First let me congratulate you both on Ryan’s bug debut win last weekend. That was a huge win over Ted DiBiase. I do have to ask, however, do you feel bad that it looks like Ted will be on the shelf for a few weeks as a result of that match?

Blank- “I’ve known Ted for years and I hate that he was injured. Ryan was only-

Reeves quickly looks up and stares intently at his manager. She stops for a moment and smiles.

Blank- “Do you have something you’d like to add, Ryan?”

Reeves smiles sweetly at his manager for a second and then coolly stares down Von Erich

Reeves- “Understand something Von Erich, I didn’t try to hurt DiBiase. DiBiase just made the mistake of getting into the ring with a predator like me. I’m a big man that gets into the ring with bad intentions. I’m not going to apologize for that.

Von Erich- “I’m not saying you should, Ryan. I’m glad to hear that you didn’t want to hurt Ted, but-”

Reeves- “Hold up, Von Reich! I wasn’t finished speaking!

Von Erich- “I’m sorry, Ryan. I didn’t mean to-

Reeves- “JUST SHUT THE HELL UP WHILE I’M TALKING, OK? Let’s get something straight, I’m going to hurt people. I don’t feel bad about it. I don’t feel good about it. It is just who I am. My job is to get in the ring and run through anyone that stands across from me. I don’t care if they have families. I don’t care what kind of people they are outside that ring. As far as I’m concerned, they are just MEAT.
    Poor Ted was just the first victim. There will be others.

A shaken Von Erich steps back slowly from the intense wrestler as Blank quickly steps forward and gets his attention.

Blank- “What Ryan means is that he intends on winning all of his matches here in the Syndicate. I understand how bad it looks that Ted got hurt, but Ryan’s main goal is winning. Hopefully, his other opponents won’t be injured, but it isn’t Ryan’s job to make sure of that. He is just focused on winning. Does that make sense?

Von Erich nods slowly as an intense Reeves continues to stare him down and the camera cuts back to the ring.

MATCH #2

“The Silver Back” Ryan Reeves with Barbie Blank

vs.

Shark Boy

Austin and Ross speak about Reeves intensity and the unfortunate situation that happened with Ted DiBiase Jr. the weekend prior. Ross speculates on why Reeves is so angry, but Austin reminds the veteran commentator that an angry wrestler is sometimes a more motivated one.

Austin on Shark Boy- “Listen, I understand that Shark Boy doesn’t have the greatest won/loss record, but the sum-a-bitch makes me laugh. Hell, he does Steve Austin better than I do. He asked for a spot in the Syndicate and I was happy to oblige. Say what you will about him, but he has never been scared to mix it up with anyone.

The Match-

The match begins with Reeves charging across the ring and almost decapitating Shark Boy with a very stiff lariat that turns the comic wrestler inside out in mid-air.

From there, the match degenerates into an intense squash match that sees Reeves totally dominate the smaller Shark Boy. Reeves punishes the smaller man with a variety of slams, hard strikes and suplexes that leave the masked wrestler a crumbling heap in the center of the ring.

Mercifully, the match ends after Reeves connects with an intense Uranage Slam that almost leaves an indention in the mat.

Spoiler:

Winner- Ryan Reeves via pinfall (2:39)

The show returns from commercial and Kevin Von Erich stands backstage with Chris Hero.

Von Erich- “Chris, a lot of fans are very upset by your challenge to Ted DiBiase last week. After it was apparent he was very seriously injured, many are saying that your request for a rematch was ill-timed. Do you have anything to say to that?

An Hero runs both hands through his hair in frustration and embarrassment.

Hero- “All week I’ve been hearing about that challenge. I really didn’t mean it the way it came out. My first loss here in the Rattlesnake Wrestling Syndicate was disappointing. Of course, I want to avenge that, but I do respect Ted. I respect that guy a lot. I was simply trying to encourage him to get better. I swear, I meant no disrespect. It was simply poor timing and an error in judgment on my part.

Von Erich- “Well, that makes sense to me. Do you want to say anything to Ted? I’m sure he is listening.

Hero- “Ted... I’m wishing you a speedy recovery, brother. If I insulted you or your friends last weekend, I’m truly sorry. That was my intent at all. I need you back in that ring, brother. You have worked too hard to be put on the shelf. Get yourself healthy. Get back in that ring out there. I truly mean that.

Von Erich- “I’m really glad we could clear this up. I must admit, I was a bit put out myself last weekend.

Hero- “As long as it is all cleared up now, Kev. People make mistakes. I made a mistake. I hope you, the fans and Steve Austin can see where I was coming from now.

Von Erich- “I think we can, Chris. I think we can.

MAIN EVENT- 4-Way Dance

“The New Dream” Cody Runnels

vs.

“The Lucha Legend” Rey Mysterio Jr.

vs.

“The Big Mouth” Mr. Ken Anderson

vs.

“Showtime” M.V.P

Austin on the participants- “All four of these guys were disappointed they did not get to debut last weekend. Unlike Stu Bennett, they were men enough to wait their turns the right way. Each of them has won championships in other organizations’. I know all of them are hungry to come out of this match with a win. This is the type of match I want to Syndicate fans to expect every weekend. I’m not saving greatness for some pay per view or TV special. Every time to you turn in here on FX or Fox expect a special match. That is what we are aiming for. Believe these four guys will deliver tonight. You can take that to the bank.

The Match

All four men cautiously stare at one another as the opening bell sounds out. Rather than charging forward, each man stares across the ring and waits for his opponents to make the first move. Slowly, the quartet inch toward the center of the ring. In a blur of action, Anderson quickly fires off a hard right hand at Runnels as Mysterio expertly charges into the midsection of MVP and bulldozes the wrestler into a turnbuckle. As the crowd cheers, Anderson viscously fires away heavy punches at Rhodes upper torso and Mysterio stuns MVP with hard knife-edge chops and open hand slaps to the chest.

Highlights of the match include:

• Mysterio attempting to hurricanranna Anderson, but MVP clobbering Mysterio with a running clothesline the instant he completes the maneuver

• Runnels executing a perfect wrap-around DDT on Anderson as “The Loudmouth” attempts to charge the second generation star. Runnels collects a two-count before Mysterio breaks up the attempt.

• Anderson securing a running cravat cutter that appears to knock Mysterio out, but quickly pops up and dodges an MVP charge that sends the cocky wrestler flying through the middle ropes head first to the floor.

• Mysterio connecting with the 6-1-9 wrap-around rope kick on Runnels, but MVP connecting with the “Drive By” single foot kick to the head as Mysterio tries to reenter the ring. MVP manages to collect a two count before Runnels breaks up the pinfall.

• All four men brawling on the outside of the ring, when Anderson whips Mysterio into Runnels and MVP. Mysterio uses the momentum to his advantage and turns the attempt into a running bodypress that sends all three men over the crowd barrier and into the cheering crowd.

• Anderson coming off the top rope into a Cody Runnels dropkick that causes Anderson’s to violently fall on the back of his head and shoulders.

• MVP securing a camel clutch that has Runnels on the verge of submission before Mysterio sprints up from behind and sends both Runnels AND MVP face first into the match. “The Lucha Legend” attempts to pin both men, but the pair kick out together and send the small man about two feet in the air.

The end of the match occurs as Anderson and Mysterio brawl on the ring apron as MVP tries to rough Runnels up in the opposite corner. As MVP tries to create space to execute a running shoulder block, Runnels manages to charge forward and execute a perfect spinebuster as MVP charges in.

Mysterio manages to come out ahead in the punching exchange with Anderson and knocks him to the floor with a dropkick that he uses to spring back into the ring.

As Mysterio stands, Runnels manages to sneak up from behind and execute his “Cross Roads” finisher. Runnels quickly runs over to MVP and sizes him up for a perfect running senton. As Runnels quickly turns over and secures MVP’s leg all of the other competitors are unable to break up the attempt as the referee counts three.

Spoiler:

Winner- Cody Runnel via pinfall of MVP (12:22)

Quick Results:

Spoiler:

Dark: Myke Knoxx defeats Ken Doane (4:30)

PJ Black defeats Ken Kiley via pinfall (4:39)
    Ryan Reeves defeats Shark Boy via pinfall (2:38)
    Cody Runnels defeats MVP, Ken Anderson and Rey Mysterio Jr. in a 4-Way Dance when he pins MVP (12:22)
    Last edited by White Rhyno; 08-19-2017 at 07:28 AM.

Indy Talent

Status

I like the idea of Austin helping attempting to start a new company. It’s so fresh from the stuff we usually see so I always going to eventually check out this thread. Austin opening the show to thank the fans made sense and I thought you actually characterised him pretty well with his mannerisms and what not. The only issue I had was that I’m not sure he’d be so blatant at hating on the soap opera shit, as I’d argue that the soap opera was at its highest during Austin’s peak. Besides that though, I actually thought the opening was pretty good.

I enjoy Austin giving his opinions on the wrestlers before they actually come out, and comparing Black to Brian Pillman is HUGE shoes to fill. I wonder if that means big things moving forward, or if you’ve just thrown it out as a throwaway line. I didn’t think Austin comparing Kiley to himself was all that great though. From an attitude perspective yes, but speaking about his build just didn’t feel right. The match seemed to be a solid enough won though and a nice first win for PJ Black, no complaints.

Surprised of the pairing of Reeves and Blank but not necessarily in a bad way. I think what will take some time to build on me is the chemistry. Blank almost being a mouth piece, but then Reeves actually cutting more of the promo then her was definitely a little weird. Not necessarily bad or anything, just a weird chemistry that I’ll need to get used to. I did like how Blank was trying to almost be a little more politically correct then Reeves though.

Austin’s thoughts on Shark Boy were gold... And that’s the only Shark Boy highlight for the night. Squash for Reeves is fine, building him up as the monster two weeks in a row, good stuff.

Really intriguing Chris Hero interview. Nothing amazing, it was solid enough, but I look forward to seeing what happens with his character from here. I feel like there is room here for some awesome stuff.

Main event is high quality between four legit former WWE guys. One thing I’ll say is don’t get to stuck on just giving former WWE and TNA guys a go, makes it seem like a created fed just for the sake of it. Anyway, a good main event and a really nice win for Cody to end the show.

I don’t think I really had too much to complain about here, for the first show I’ve read in here, things looks pretty damn promising. I look forward to reading more, keep it up.

People's Champion

Status

PJ Black is definitely an interesting star. I like the former Justin Gabriel and think he has the opportunity to really push himself as a babyface, if that's where you want to take him. Not sure on the Pillman comparison, as both men are pretty different characters, although they can both fly well around a ring.

Hero gave an interesting interview. I see it being a ploy to fool us all and Hero will likely attack Dibiase on his return. Hero's a shifty little bastard.

Shark Boy made me chuckle. I liked his introduction but he didn't last long. Not a bad choice for a jobber to the stars.

Ryback doesn't give a shit. Literally. Not for his opponents, not for the fans, not even for women. He killed Dibiase off last week and now he's squashed Shark Boy out of the water. Going forward Ryback is definitely the powerhouse of the project. But he needs a plucky underdog to play off him to push his story forward.

Runnels could very well be a great match for him. The main event was a well know star powered contest but with the trajectory of the stars involved there could only be one winner. Runnels should definitely be one of the top 5/6 guys in the project and I look forward to seeing him booked well.

Overall a decent show without the Bryan/Punk/Barrett story involved and the roster is starting to take shape. Keep it up mate.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Thank-you both for the feedback. I was out last week and really didn't have anything other than my phone, but I think you both raised some interesting points.

The Pillman/Austin comparisons with Black/Kiley or more along the lines of wrestling hyperbole. Pillman could fly...Black can fly....etc. Austin was loud....Kiley is loud.... Its sort of that flawed logic that people use to try and prop things up and I figured the announcers would use it to get a cheap rub. That isn't to say that I don't have plans for these guys. I just don't want to mislead outside of the kayfabe.

Ryback/Ryan Reeves and Barbie Blank/Kelly Kelly is pair that I'm going to try and forge into a Randy Savage/Liz type duo. That was one of the few times that I remember a face manager actually managing a heel client. It worked really well back then, but we'll see how my twist on it goes.

The TNA comparison stojy made is very valid. I do have a ton of former wrestlers from the WWE in this. Partly that is because they are guys that I'm familar with. I could scour the Internet for some guys that I'm not aware of, but I really haven't had time. Looking at who was available and not at Lucha Underground or TNA last summer....I sort of crafted my roster with familiar names that I was familiar with.
    How that plays out will, hopefully, be good, but that is my logic. Obviously, I'll have to book them different, but I tried to explain it away by saying Austin was trying to go with established workers that would be familiar with the spotlight.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

(08-16-2016)
    Rattlesnake Wrestling Syndicate #1.04- Seething

Seething

As normal, Steve Austin stands in the center of the Rattlesnake Wrestling Syndicate’s ring as red and silver lights spin around the Snake Pit. Austin wears a smile on his face and waits patiently as the crowd cheers. The house lights come up as the Rattlesnake Wrestling Syndicate’s theme song ends and the legendary owner of the Syndicate steps forward to speak when he is suddenly interrupted by Stu Bennett.

Bennett- “Hold on Steve. Before you say a single word, I’ve got something I need to say.

(The fan boos loudly as Austin steps back and glares as Bennett marches towards the ring. Bennett enters the ring with a mockingly apologetic look on his face, but grins at Austin as the owner walks towards him aggressively. )

Bennett- “Hold up, Steve. Don’t put me in a position where I’ll have to do something I’d prefer not to do. That is saying it as respectively as I can.

(Austin freezes with an annoyed look on his face. He stares around at the crowd with a pissed off look on his face.)

Austin- “What are you trying to Stu? Do you think you’re gonna whip my ass? Is that what you are saying?

(Bennett smirks and shrugs. The gestures annoys Austin, but he remains planted in the same spot.)

Bennett- “Steve, if I may… I understand where this may annoy you, but I have something I really need to ask you publically. Please?

(Austin sarcastically nods and holds his hand out invitingly)

Bennett- “Thank-you, sir. Say what you will, but I think you and I need to share words. You see, Steve…I understand that The Elite, myself, Doug Williams and Doug Burchill, have upset your apple cart. I also understand why that may cause you some distress. What YOU need to understand, however, is that we can’t go by YOUR timeline and wants.

We came here for an opportunity. We came here to forge your own destiny; NOT be held back more politics. We, in fact, expected better from you.

Austin: (after rolling his eyes) “Well Stu, I’m sorry I haven’t lived up to your expectations! I’ll be damned, if I had known sooner I’d have cleaned that shit up. I’m SO DAMN SORRY, STU! Can you ever forgive me?

Bennett- “I’m glad you find that funny, Steve. I can sense how genuine you are. I really can.

Austin gives Bennett the finger as the crowd cheers. Bennett rolls his eyes in disgust and cocks his head in disgust as he stares back at the gesture.

Austin- “Just so we know where we stand you dumb son of a bitch… Now why the hell are you interupting me?"

Bennett- “Oh that’s rich, Steve. A man that got famous beating up his boss and being a rebel; trying to lecture me? Is that what you are trying to do, Steve? Its been two weeks now…AND I’M STILL NOT BOOKED! Do you see the problem, Steve? If you are scared-

Austin gets nose to nose with Bennett and cuts him off. Calmly, Austin raises the microphone to his lips.

Austin- “First of all…you are booked. You just so happened to interrupt me. Second of all, I’m not scared of shit. You got that?

The crowd explodes at the potential confrontation. After a few tense seconds, Bennett backs away with a confident smirk on his face. He holds his arms out to show he means no harm and gives a satisfactory nod to Austin. Austin is still not amused.

Austin- “Tonight, you go one on one with CM Punk in this ring and if ya little buddies get involved…I’m firing the lot of you. You got that? Tonight, you have to be as great as you think you are.

Bennett smiles and slowly exits the ring as Austin continues to stare him down.

MATCH #1

“The World Warrior” Low Ki (with Chris Hero)

vs.

“Mini-Muscle” Mike Mondo (with Scott Steiner)

Austin on Low Ki and his situation with Scott Steiner and Mike Mondo- “Low Ki has been begging me to get this bastard into the ring ever since he felt Mondo cost him his opening match to Steiner here in the Snake Pit last weekend. We’ll see how Steiner reacts now that Ki has brought Chris Hero down to even the odds.

The Match

As the match begins, Mondo lumbers forward and begins hammering away on Low Ki. Ki attempts to fight back, but Mondo’s aggresivness just bull rushes through Low Ki’s offensive.

Highlights of Mondo’s offensive include-

• Mondo secures a waist lock and then suddenly 180s and plants Low Ki with a huge belly-to-belly suplex.

• Mondo connecting with a stiff “Mondo-line” that flattens Low Ki. Mondo drops a few heavy elbowdrops in measured succession before pausing, flexing his bicep, kissing it and dropping a final elbow drop. He roughly goes for a cover before Low Ki manages to kick out. “Big Poppa Pump” laughs and gives his protégé a thumbs up from ringside.

• Low Ki turns the tables when he dodges as Mondo charges towards him. As Mondo bounds off the ropes, Low Ki clips him in the chin with a dropkick. A fired up Low Ki quickly pulls Mondo to his feet and begins laying into him.

Highlights of Low Ki’s offensive include-

• Low Ki cinches in a Scropion Fire Figure Four leglock that causes Mondo to scream out in agony before the referee forces Low Ki to release the hold with a ten count.

• Low Ki stunning Mondo with a few stiff knife-edge chops and sending Mondo to his knees with a huge a two-handed Mongolian chop. As a dazed Mondo tries to recover, Low Ki lays him out with his Black Magic reverse roundhouse.

• Low Ki whips Mondo into the corner and cartwheels into a jumping high knee that leaves Mondo knocked out.

As Low Ki climbs to the top rope, Steiner rushes over to interfere, but is cut off by Chris Hero. The two brawl on the floor as Low Ki launches himself off the tope rope and plants both of his feet in Mondo’s chest for a Warrior’s Way. Low Ki goes for the cover as the crowd cheers.

Spoiler:

Winner- Low Ki via pinfall (6:21)

After the match, Low Ki pops to his feet to assist Chris Hero on the floor as he continues to brawl with “Big Poppa Pump”. The pair begin pounding the veteran wrestler before Mondo recovers and launches himself to the outside with a suicide dive that takes out everyone. The show cuts to the back as all four men lay in a broken pile on the floor.

Backstage interviewer Kevin Von Erich stands with an annoyed looking Stu Bennett. Bennett paces back in forth with an agitated look on his face.

Von Erich- “Stu, I know you are a little annoyed right now, but can I ask you how you feel going into your first match here in the Rattlesnake Wrestling Syndicate?

An uncomfortable pause ensues as Doug Williams and Paul Burchill slowly walk into shot with blank stares on their faces. The pair stare at their associate as he struggles to contain his frustration.

Bennett- “I’m going to try to say this as calmly as I can, Kevin. Steve Austin thinks he is SO smart booking me in match with CM Punk tonight doesn’t he? He thinks I’m somehow….scared? Is that right?
    Well let me set the record straight…This is the match I WANT!

I want it more than anything. You see, I’ve got quite a few rumors to dispel. CM Punk is NOT a better fighter than me. Brian Danielson is NOT a better wrestler than me. Take nothing away from them, but for Austin to try and cast me in a lower tier than those two is a god damn insult.

And the fact that Paul and Doug are barred from ringside is what? Is that supposed to scare me? I don’t need these gentlemen. We used numbers to grab Austin’s attention, but that was OUR idea. We had to use extreme means to get the respect we deserved. Which is another insult when you consider we are the ELITE of this sport.

Von Erich- “I hear you, Stu, but-”

Bennett- “That’s the problem, Kevin! You and Austin can hear what I’m saying, but you aren’t LISTNEING to what I’m saying.

Von Erich- “I’m sorry, Stu. I didn’t mean to give offense. I was just trying to point out that CM Punk has a lot of reasons to want to face you tonight. I get you have faith in your abilities, but Punk isn’t someone you should overlook.

Bennett- “Who is overlooking him, Kevin? That is assinine. I want to beat the so-called best. Isn’t that goal of every wrestler here? My point of contention is that he and Danielson were anointed ‘the best’ without having to prove it. How come I wasn’t involved in that discussion? Why not Paul? Why not Doug? Its utter shite, but I’m going to fix that misconception tonight.
    You may not recall, but Punk was left in a pool of blood last time he got into with one of us. I don’t see it being any different tonight.

Von Erich steps back slowly from the Brits as Burchill and Williams laugh at the comment.

MATCH #2

“The New Dream” Cody Runnels

vs.

“The Mexican Renegade” Juventud Gurrera

Austin on Runnels-I think a lot of second generation stars have a hard time living up to the expectations that come with being the child of a legend. Cody is the exception to that rule. Not that anyone will ever be the equal of Dusty Rhodes, but Cody has really come into his own.
    After winning that Four Way Dance last week, I have huge expecatations for Cody. I think he’s ready to take his star to the next level. In my opinion, I think he’s going to go from being a great wrestler into an all-time great. I’m just excited that we get to see that climb done here at the Syndicate.

Austin on Gurrera- “Talk about one of Lucha Libre’s bad boys... Juvie is a guy that has what many would call a checkered past. In spite of his problems in the locker room and out of the ring, no one can deny the bastard’s ability.
    I think he realizes that this may be one of his last big oppurtunities. You can only burn so many bridges in this business. I hope he realizes that.

The Match

The match starts with both men circling one another. Both men go to lock up, but Gurrera quickly ducks away and struts away. As the crowd boos, Gurrera smirks and speaks a few barbed words at Cody. Runnels laughs it off, until Gurrera motions to the ring announcer, Brandi Runnels, and says something. Ross quickly reminds the crowd that Brandi is Cody’s wife. Whatever Gurrera said infuriates Runnels as he rushes forward and throws some hard kicks at the surprised luchadore.
    Runnels aggressive nature serves him well early on, but Gurrera eventually uses that aggresivness to his advantage as he counters the offensive with a drop toehold that sends Runnels throat first into the middle rope.

The match continues in a back and forth manner as the crowd hangs on every maneuver. Highlights include:

• Gurrera attempts to cave in Runnel’s chest with a missle dropkick from the top rope. Runnels gasps for breath as he curls up into the fetal position. Gurrera throws some hard stomps to his chest and head.

• Runnels manages to Alabama Slam Gurrera and climb up to the top rope as Gurrera lies stunned. Runnels connects with a picture perfect moonsault and goes for the cover. Gurrera manages to kick out at the last moment.

• Gurrera dodges a Runnels charge and lets the second generation star crash shoulder first into a turnbuckle. As Runnels stumbles back towards the center of the ring in pain, Gurrera scoops him up and sends him to the mat with a Michinoku Driver. Runnels barely kicks out as Gurrera stares at the referee in disgust.

• Guerra attempts to powerbomb Runnels, but “The New Dream” backdrops Gurrera after blocking it. As Gurrera attempts to stand, Runnels connects with a flowing DDT.

The end of the match sees Gurrera and Runnels running the ring ropes and building up momentum. Gurrera quickly springboards back to the center of the ring with springboard dropkick, but Runnels manages to avoid it and continue running the ropes. As Gurrera squirms on the canvas, Runnels connects with a running senton. Seeing Gurrera hurt, Runnels quickly pulls him to his feet and applies his Cross Roads finisher. The referee counts the pinfall.

Spoiler:

Winner- Cody Runnels via pinfall (6:56)

The show returns from commercial and Kevin Von Erich stands backstage with PJ Black.

Von Erich- “Guys, I’m here with a guy that a lot of people are talking about, ‘The South African Express’ PJ Black! PJ, thanks for joining me. I was just hoping to get your thoughts on being here in the Rattlesnake Wrestling Syndicate.”

Black- “What can I say, Kevin? I’m loving it here. The Syndicate has given a new lease on my career. My first match with Kevin Kiley was something I’ll never forget. Hopefully, it set the tone for things to come. Steve has spoken with me and if I can keep getting wins in the ring, he says the oppurtunities will come.”

Von Erich- “It seems to me that you are off to a good start. Why do you think your style is such a good fit for the Syndicate?”

Black- “Well, this is an organization that is dedicated to putting this industry on it’s ear. Steve wants to reach back to wrestling’s roots to forge a new away and I fully support that. I want to work for an organization where wins and losses mean something . I’m looking forward to working my way upward, you know?”

There is some loud laughter coming from off camera. A surprised Von Erich and an annoyed Black stare at the source of the sound. Slowly, an amused MVP saunters into the shot. Black gives him a hot glare as MVP giggles.

Von Erich- “I’m sorry. Do you find something funny, man?”

MVP- (holding his arms up apologetically) “I’m sorry, guys. I really am. I was just listening to PJ here and what he was saying was so damn white bread and cliché’ that I just couldn’t hold it.

Black- (squaring up on MVP) “What is that supposed to mean? Do you have a problem with me, man?

MVP- “Naw, dog. I just thinks its funny is all. I mean, you think you are just going to work your way up the Syndicate ladder like its that easy, huh? Go for yours, man.

Black- “I always go for it. If you paid attention, you would know that. You know, for a guy that has yet to get a victory in the Syndicate…you sure think you know a lot.

MVP- (getting serious) “Well PJ, the reason I don’t have a win is because they put me in the ring with men. Another reason I don’t have a win yet us because I haven’t been in the ring with your punk ass, yet.

Black- “I’m sure we can get that arranged for next week if that’s what you really want. What do you say? Why don’t you put your money where your mouth is?

MVP- “Bitch…I don’t have to put money anywhere. I AM money and I’m going to cash your ass out if they decide to set up this match you are asking for. You get that?

Black- “We’ll see, mate. We’ll see…

The camera zooms out as Kevin Von Erich uncomfortably stands in between both men as they stare each other down.

MATCH #3

“The Top Wop” Marco Corleone (with Mike Sanders)

vs.

“Relentless” Richie Steamboat

Austin on Corleone- “I’ve known this guy for a while. In all honesty, I didn’t think much of him earlier in his career. He was a hell of an athlete; don’t get me wrong. The problem was his attitude. He really relied too much on his natural ability and didn’t put in the work.
    Well Jim, I’ll be the first to say it… This guy has come a long way. He went down to Mexico and put in the work. He developed a style. He figured out how to be a professional in this business. Now, I’m not sure why he hired a loud mouth like Sanders to represent him, but this guy is a legitmate champion now. I look forward to see how he does here in the Syndicate.

Austin on Steamboat- “Everyone always talks about his daddy, but Richie Steamboat is an impressive young man in his own right. This was a guy that was told his career was over. Back and knee injuries are no joke and no one would have faulted Richie for walking away.
    My point is, he didn’t. I had him checked out personally by my personal physician. He has worked his way back. I feel great about giving this young man a chance to go back to doing what he loves. He is a hell of a talent.”

The Match

Both men slowly approach each other and meet nose to nose in the center of the ring. Corleone mutters some threatening words that barely cause Steamboat to flinch. A defiant Steamboat says something in response that seems to annoy Corleone.

Corleone shoves Steamboat away violently, but Steamboat quickly rushes forward with a hard right hand that surprises the big heel. Steamboat quickly begins peppering Corleone’s head and chests with hard punches and knife-edge chops that go unanswered.

Steamboat attempts to whip Corleone across the ring, but Corleone isn’t budged by the effort and stays cemented in place as Steamboat struggles to move him. In one quick motion, Corleone pulls the smaller man forward and turns him inside-out with a short-arm clothesline. Sanders laughs triumphantly from ringside as Corleone struts around the ring as Steamboat struggles to recover on the mat.

• Corleone hoists Steamboat up in the vertical suplex position and holds him there for a few seconds before falling back towards the mat. As Steamboat clutches his back in agony, Corleone kips up and works the crowd arrogantly.

• Steamboat dodges a rush by Corleone and watches as he crashes shoulder first into a turnbuckle. As the muscular Italian stumbles out to the center of the ring clutching his injured shoulder, Steamboat levels him with a superkick! Steamboat goes for a cover, but Corleone kicks out strongly after a two-count.

• Corleone catches Steamboat in mid-air as he attempts a cross-bodyblock. The large man presses the second generation star over his head and slams him violently to the mat as Ross and Austin marvel at his strength.

The end of the match occurs after Corleone connects with a violent springboard clothesline that wows the crowd in The Snakepit. As Sanders encourages him from ringside, Corleone plants his opponent in the center of the ring with his Mark of Excellence, belly-to-back sideslam.

Spoiler:

Winner- Marco Corleone via pinfall of Richie Steamboat(3:54)

MAIN EVENT

“The Shoot King” Stu Bennett

vs.

“The Second City Saint” CM Punk

Austin on Punk- “I was hesitant to put this match together, Jim. Its not that I think Punk couldn’t handle it, but let’s not forget that he was busted open last weekend.

Punk required a lot of stitches to close that cut on his head. I didn’t want to put him in a position where he could reinjure himself or give Bennett an unnecessary advantage.

Well, Punk was having not of that shit. He DEMANDED this match. As bad as Bennett wants to get in the ring, Punk needs this match just as badly. He’s got a lot of payback on his mind. Let’s hope he scratches that itch.

Austin on Bennett- “Let me go ahead and get this right out front before I say anything else…Stu Bennett is a bad ass. I’m taking nothing away from his physical ability. That guy could very well be our first champion. He’s that damn good.

Jim, you have mentioned that he is a former bare knuckle champion. We all know he can mix it up with guys, but he is a very underated ring technician. The guy can go hold for hold with damn near anyone. Make no mistake, he is an ass; but he is also a helluva wrestler.

The Match

Punk rushes forward as Bennett enters the ring and the pair begin trading punches. Punk’s fury is intense, but Bennett’s pinpoint punches and counter-striking soon give him the advantage in the exchange. As Bennett begins to gain the advantage and starts connecting with more punches, Punk quickly rakes the Brit across the eyes and lays him out with a lariat.

The crowd cheers as a fired-up Punk drops down to knee and begins peppering Bennett with a barrage of right hands to the face and skull as Bennett tries to cover up. Luckily for Bennett, the referee manages to step in a break up the exchange.

A frustrated briefly backs away, but rushes forward to reengage his attack as the crowd eggs him on. Bennett rolls to the outside, but Punk quickly slides under the bottom rope and attacks the brawler anew.

• Punk gets a huge pop from the crowd when he levels Bennett with a leg lariat and applies a Koji clutch in the center of the ring. Bennett manages to inch his way to the ring ropes and get a referee break before submitting.

• Punk launches himself from the tope rope and connects with a flying elbow smash that helps him collect a near fall before Bennett manages a weak kick out.

• Bennett manages to change the course of the match when Punk miscalculates a spring board clothesline and catches a huge kick to the jaw from Bennett.

• Bennett grounds Punk with a rear chinlock and taunts the crowd as they groan as the match slows down. Punk manages to break the hold, but Bennett quickly backs him into a corner and begins working him over with punches and standing elbow shots.

The end of the match sees Bennett’s blows begin to take toll on Punk as a small trickle of blood appears over his eye. Ross points out that was where Punk needed stitches from being busted open by Paul Burchill’s loaded glove as Austin grunts in disgust.

As the match progresses, Bennett works the cut with more punches and strikes and soons turns Punk’s face into a bloody mess. Despite Punk continuing to fight back and exchange moves with Bennett, the referee ultimately calls for the bell as Punk’s blood loss becomes worse and worse.

Spoiler:

Winner- Stu Bennett via referee stoppage (9:39)

A furious Punk yells in outrage as Bennett slinks outside the ring and has his arm raised high by the timekeeper. The referee is soon grabbed and threatened by Punk as Austin rushes into the ring to cool things down.

The show goes off the air as Bennett smirks back at the chaos in the ring.

Quick Results:

Spoiler:

Dark: Doug Williams & Paul Burchill defeats Trevor Rhodes & Doug Basham
    Low Ki defeats Mike Mondo via pinfall (6:21)
    Cody Rhodes defeats Juventud Gurrera via pinfall (6:56)
    Marco Corleone defeats Richie Steamboat via pinfall (3:54)
    Stu Bennett defeats CM Punk by referee stoppage due to Punk's excessive bleeding (9:39)
    Last edited by White Rhyno; 08-19-2017 at 07:28 AM.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

(08-22-2016)
    Rattlesnake Wrestling Syndicate #1.05- Explode

Incoming

As normal, Steve Austin stands in the center of the Rattlesnake Wrestling Syndicate’s ring as red and silver lights spin around the Snake Pit. The house lights slowly come up as the Rattlesnake Wrestling Syndicate’s theme song ends and the legendary owner of the Syndicate steps forward to speak.

Austin- “All right! Who is excited to be here tonight?

The crowd roars as Austin grins and slowly nods at the reaction.

Austin- “Hell yeah! I'm glad you guys feel that way because we've got a hell of a show for you tonight. We are debuting some kick ass wrestlers. We are going to let MVP and PJ Black take care of their beef. Hell, I've got so much planned for you guys its going to blow your damn mind.

The crowd roars again at Austin's proclamation.

Austin- “So ALL that being said...I've got to introduce the manager of the newest addition to the syndicate. I was all set to let him come out here on his own, but his representation insisted that HE be the one to do it. I think its bullshit quite frankly, BUT I think this talent is worth the annoyance. Bear with me, guys... So lets get on with it. Come on out, Brian!

Brian Josse emerges from the backstage area with a huge grin on his face. As a surprised Jim Ross adresses the television audiance, the crowd in the Snake Pit buzzes as the controversial manager makes his way to ringside. Josse enters the ring and smugly walks over to Austin and extends his hand. Austin stares at Josse in annoyance before making like he is going to shake his hand. At the last instant, Austin gruffly hands Josse his microphone and walks out of the ring. The crowd cheers at the gesture, but Josse seems unphased

Josse- “Thank-you for that warm welcome, Steve. Words cannot express how happy I am to be hear, but I can say I'm even more excited to introduce all you people to the FIRST member of Josse Worldwide. He is a man that needs no introduction, but is damn sure gonna get one whether anyone likes it or not.
    He is the next stage of evolution... A GIANT among men...Wrestling's BEST big man...the man will LEAD this company into the future! Ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together for my main man! Meet the MOST GENeTICALLY JACKED, ATHLETICALLY STACKED GIANT WALKING TODAY...MATT MORGAN!

(The fan cheer as Matt Morgan emerges from the back with an intense expression. Staring around the Snake Pit, Morgan lets loose an gutteral shout before marching down to the ring. The whole time, Josse grins like a Cheshire Cat. As Morgan steps over the top rope, Josse struts over and shakes the huge man's hand. )

Josse- “I know none of you were expecting this. You feel me? Lets face it, the game has officially changed with the arrival of this giant. So tell your mom...tell ya kids...Matt Morgan is here to break necks and cash checks! "

Morgan- (taking the microphone from his manager) “Let me go ahead and cut right to it. I am here to make money and beat people up. All of you people's favorites are being put on notice. All of the people you hate are being put on notice. This damn place isn't ready for me. I'm seven feet and three hundred pounds of pissed off genetic domination.

Josse- (leaning in to speak on the microphone)“AHHHHHHHHHHMEN, MY BROTHER!"

Morgan- “I want the Brian Danielsons. I want the Stu Bennetts. I want the CM Punks of the world. I want to crush Rey Mysterio beneath my boot. I want to slam Chris Hero through the damn mat. Pick a so-called name, get them in this ring with me and watch me do what I do best. I'm here to cull the gene pool people and if you are not ready... its going to be a bad day for you.

The crowd mulls the arrogant statement as a laughing Josse pats his client on the back as the show goes to commercial.

MATCH #1

“The Alternative” Orlando Jordan

vs.

“The Monster” Myke Knoxx

Austin on Jordan-Orlando Jordan is guy that has my respect. Some guys project who they think people want me to be, but Orlando isn't that guy.
    Yeah...his sexuality
    was a hot topic a few years ago, but I still don't see why. I spoke with him and he was very up front. Who he sleeps with has nothing to do with what he can do in that ring. I respected him for that.
    Orlando is a veteran of this industry and I think he just wants that oppurtunity. Where he goes from here is up to him.

Austin on Knoxx- “This is one bad dude, Jim. He has that Bruiser Brody vibe for me. I get it...he is NOT Brody, but he has that same damn attitude. Here is guy that brings it in the worst way and I mean that as a compliment. He is violent. He is big. He is mean. The way I'm thinking is that Knoxx is going to make everyone he gets in the ring with tougher or he is going to eliminate the ones too weak to compete in the Syndicate. He is, in effect, my version of natural selection.

The Match

The match starts begins with Knoxx charging forward and trying to squash his smaller opponent in the turnbuckle. Jordan deftly sidesteps the attack and manages to fire off three quick jabs that set Knox up for a stiff right uppercut. Although Knoxx is obvioulsy stuuned, the big man manages to stay on his feet. A quick dropkick by Jordan causes the bearded heel to lean on the ropes to keep from falling. Sensing he needs to get Knoxx down, Jordan sprints into the ropes to gain momentum. As he does so, Knoxx recovers enough to unleash a high kick that floors Jordan as he rebounds off the ropes.

The match continues in a dominant manner as Knoxx continues to punish Jordan. Highlights include:

• Knoxx pounds Jordan with punishing overhead forearm shots before dropping him with a close clothesline. Knoxx finishes the sequence with a jumping legdrop that shakes the ring.

• Knoxx whips Jordan off the ropes and scoops him up into a spinning sideslam as he rebounds off the ropes. Knoxx methodically stands with a stoic look of boredom on his face. In a split second he quickly falls back to his knees and begins raining down hard punches to the defenseless Jordan.

• The crowd is wowed when Knoxx levels Jordan with a running crossbody-block that flattens Jordan. Rather than going for a pinfall, Knoxx mounts the top rope and executes a moonsault! As Ross and Austin rave about the move, Knoxx nonchalantly goes for a cover, but lifts Jordan up off the mat on a two-count.

The end of the match sees Knoxx arrogantly pull a dazed Jordan around by his hair as he cooly stares down the crowd. As the referee pleads for Knoxx to end the contest, Knoxx lifts Jordan up and plants him in the center of the ring with a Swing Reverse STO/ Knoxx Out. Knoxx lazily rests his arm on Jordan's chest and waits for the referee counts the pinfall.

Spoiler:

Winner- Myke Knoxx via pinfall (2:38)

After the match, Knoxx stands and allows the referee to raise his arm. Slowly he walks to the outside and stops in front of ring announcer, Brandi Rhodes. For a few uncomfortable seconds the pair look at one another before Knoxx holds out his arm and ask for the microphone. Rhodes meekly hands it to the bearded monster.

Knoxx- " Let me go ahead and get to point. I'm here now. Myke Knoxx is not the guy you people are going to cheer for. I'm the monster in the closet. I'm the guy that makes you lock your doors and roll up your windows. I'm also the guy that solves problems.

So I'm putting this out here right now... Listen up everyone in the back! If you have a problem, I'm here to solve it if you have enough money. I'm a damn bounty hunter. Think of the people in your way. Think of the people that wrong you. I'm here to take them out if the price is right. So get your wallets out guys, let me do what I do best."

The show returns from commercial and Kevin Von Erich stands backstage with Brian Danielson.

Von Erich- “Guys, wlcome back to the show. I'm standing here with 'The American Dragon' himself. Brian Danielson, how are you my friend?

Danielson- “I wish I could tell you I was in a better mood, Kevin, but I will say I'm glad to be here with you.

Von Erich- “Glad to here that, brother. I can imagine what the cause of your annoyance is. Is there anything you'd like to say about The Elite?

Danielson- “I'm just going to get to the point. What I saw in that ring last week in the match between Stu Bennett and CM Punk turned my stomach. Punk and I aren't best friends or anything, but to see Bennett take the easy way out use that cut to get a cheap victory makes me sick. I can't let that stand. These three guys have gone too far. I'm tired of it, Kevin.

Von Erich- “So I have to ask, what is your plan Brian? How can those three guys be stopped.

Danielson- “Well, it looks like I'm going to have get creative, but I've got a meeting with our owner later on to share my ideas on the matter. I'm ready for these guys. I hope they understand what they have started here.

Von Erich- “Wait. You and Steve are talking this evening? Would you care to share what you are going to say?

Danielson- “You and everyone else will have to wait. I have no idea what Steve is going to say, but I think he may be receptive to my ideas.

Von Erich- “We shall see, Brian. Thanks for stopping by. Always a pleasure to talk to you.

Danielson- “The feeling is mutual, Kevin. Thanks for having me.

MATCH #2

“The South African Express” PJ Black

vs.

“Showtime” MVP

Austin on Black- “Respect is one of those things you have to earn in this sport. You don't just go out to that ring and get it automatically no matter how much you think you deserve it, y'know?
    Disrespect, on the other hand,....well, that's a whole other ball game. A lot of times it provides motivation to your opponent. A lot of times it is the one thing that can keep the other guy up at night because he just wants that chance to prove you wrong.
    Lemme tell you JR, PJ Black was motivated when MVP decided to butt in his interview last week. I have no idea how he will respond, but I know what he wants. This man wants to kick some ass.

Austin on MVP- “MVP is a guy that just thrives on pissing people off. It could be the the guy across the ring from him. It could be his boss for all he cares.
    He is a guy that uses his mouth to get in people's heads. Pissed off people are reckless. They take risks they normally wouldn't take to get the upper hand.
    Hell, I think part of his strategy is motivate himself. He likes that pressure. He wants the other guy coming at him full bore so he can show everyone that HE was right. Sure, it can backfire, but I kind of admire the balls on this guy.

The Match

As both men prepare to lock up, Black is put off by MVP's relaxed attitude. The confident wrestler wears an easy smile and casually walks around the ring as Black stares at him intently. Rather than acknowledge his opponent, MVP jokes with a a few fans at ringside, before the referee grabs his attention and warns him the match has started. As MVP begins to argue with the referee, Black quickly rushes forward and sends his opponent to the mat with a hard two-handed shove.

An infuriated MVP quickly stands up and points an angry finger at Black. The pair shout insults at one another before rushing forward and exchanging blows

Its a violent exchange that sees MVP try to lay Black out with his hardest punches, but the tough South African takes the blows and gives a few of his own. The intense tone works its way throughout the match.

• MVP shakes the ring when he flips Black to the mat with a lighting fast exploder suplex. He quickly follows up with a hard elbow drop and a cover, but Black manages to kick out.

• Black avoids a charge from MVP by leapfrogging the tough talking wrestler and waits for him to bounce off the ropes and sprint back towards the center of the ring. Black executes a perfect tilt-a-world backbreaker and follows up the manuver with a standing moonsault as the crowd cheers.

• MVP clotheslines Black over the top rope and follows him to the outside. As the referee implores him to reenter the ring, MVP takes the fight to Black. Black absorbs some punishment, but manages to turn the tables and lay MVP out with an enzuguri.

The end of the match occurs after Black connects with a violent springboard dropkick that sets MVP up for a beautiful 450 splash from the top rope.

Spoiler:

Winner- PJ Black via pinfall of MVP(6:38)

MAIN EVENT

“The Lucha Legend” Rey Mysterio Jr.

vs.

“The Highlight Reel” Caristico

Austin on Caristico- “I have been a fan of this guy since I saw his work down in Mexico a few years ago. The ways he ignites the crowd, his offense, the risks he takes....they reminded me of, well, Rey Mysterio!
    These guys have teamed before, but they have never been in a match against one another. I'm really looking forward to it. This guy just needs a chance to take that next step here in the States. Who knows? This may be the match he needs
    .”

Austin on Mysterio- “When a lot of Americans think luchadore, this is the guy that comes to mind. He has inspired a generation of guys. You would have never guessed that a guy his size would capture the imagination of the wrestling word, but he has done it. I'd say Rey earned his way to the main event spot, but that's obvious. What fans don't see is what this guy does in the locker room. He is everything you want in a locker room leader.

The Match

Both men circle each other slowly before locking up and struggling for position. After a few minutes of chain wrestling where the pair exchange wristlocks and arm locks that take them from the mat and back up to the standing position.

The match finally begins to get going when Mysterio shoves Caristico into the ropes to break a headlock. The young wrestler sprints and hops over Mysterio's backdrop attempt and tries to sweep the older wrestler's leg. Mysterio hops over the sweep and lays Caristico out with a dropkick. To kick start the match

• Caristico flies high in the air to try and catch Mysterio with a dropkick, but Mysterio manages to dodge the attempt and sprint off the ropes. Off the rebound, Mysterio executes a springboard moonsault that helps him collect a two-count.

• Caristico avoids a 619 and lays Mysterio out with a stiff superkick that sends Mysterio to the outside. As Mysterio recovers, Caristico executes a perfect suicide dive to the outside to maintain his advantage.

• Mysterio slams a flip driver that gets another false finish, but Caristico manages to lock in a triangle choke that shocks everyone! After struggling to get out for a few seconds, Mysterio manages to muscle up Caristico for a weak powerbomb.

• The crowd rises to its feet when Caristico connects with a Tilt-a-World head scissors that he manages to transition into a Fujiwara armbar. As Mysterio struggles to break the hold, the crowd stands in anticipation of a huge upset. Slowly, Mysterio manages to inch his way to the ropes and gets the referee to break the hold.

The end of the match sees Caristico sprint off the ropes to escape Mysterio,but the crafty veteran sprints closely behind him and manages to connect with a 619 to the younger star's back as he rebounds off the ropes. Mysterio quickly rushes to the top rope and connects with a diving splash that flattens Caristico. The referee quickly counts a three-count to end the contest.

Spoiler:

Winner- Rey Mysterio Jr. via pinfall (12:22)

The fans explode as Mysterio has his hands raised by the referee. Caristico stays on his knees in exhaustion as Mysterio acknowledges the crowd. After a few seconds, Mysterio offers his hand and helps his younger opponent get to his feet. In a show of class, Mysterio raises Caristico's arm high. The crowd in the Snake Pit appreciate the gesture and continue to cheer!

The show goes off the air as pair embraces in the center of the ring.

Quick Results:

Spoiler:

Dark: Ken Doane defeats Doug Basham via pinfall
    Myke Knoxx defeats Orlando Jordan via pinfall (2:38)
    PJ Black defeats MVP via pinfall (6:38)
    Rey Mysterio Jr. defeats Caristico by pinfall (12:22)
    Last edited by White Rhyno; 08-19-2017 at 07:29 AM.

Thread Information