Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NJPW Dominion 6.11 in Osaka-jo Hall

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

NJPW NJPW Dominion 6.11 in Osaka-jo Hall

The main attraction matches other than the Jr Heavyweight Title matches have been announced - the rest of the card will be filled out later. Here is what the event has so far:

Dominion 6.11 in Osaka-jō Hall
    (begins 4pm local time, 3am Eastern US, 8am UK)
    Sunday, June 11th, 2017
    Osaka-jō Hall, Osaka

Card:

Preshow Six Man Tag Match
    David Finlay, Shota Umino & Tomoyuki Oka vs Hirai Kawato, Katsuya Kitamura & Tetsuhiro Yagi

Eight Man Tag Match
    Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Jushin Thunder Liger, Manabu Nakanishi & Satoshi Kojima vs Tiger Mask, Tiger Mask W, Togi Makabe & Yuji Nagata

NEVER Openweight 6 Man Tag Title Gauntlet Match

Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI, EVIL & SANADA) (c) vs Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Hangman Page & Yujiro Takahashi) vs CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano & YOSHI-HASHI) vs Suzuki-gun (Taichi, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Zack Sabre Jr.) vs Taguchi Japan (Juice Robinson, Ricochet & Ryusuke Taguchi)

IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Title Match
    Roppongi Vice (Beretta & Rocky Romero) (c) vs The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)

IWGP Heavyweight Tag Title Match
    War Machine (Hanson & Raymond Rowe) (c) vs Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Roa)

Special Singles Match
    Cody vs Michael Elgin

IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title Match
    Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs Best of the Super Junior KUSHIDA

NEVER Openweight Title Lumberjack Deathmatch
    Minoru Suzuki (c) vs Hirooki Goto

IWGP Intercontinental Title Match

Tetsuya Naito (c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

IWGP Heavyweight Title Match
    Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Kenny Omega

----

Obviously the top two matches are WK rematches but i'm still hyped as fuck for both of them. I think Omega vs Okada will be very different from their first encounter. Not sure who's going to win but the smart money is on Omega. I think Tanahashi will be taking the belt from Naito so that we go into the G1 with Naito and Okada looking like the strong favourites. Hopefully Cody vs Elgin is fun too. Not really sure what's going to happen in the Lumberjack Deathmatch but I have to assume we will be getting some sort of factional war. Hope Risa Sera takes part. Likely the winner of the Best of the Super Jr. will face Hiromu Takahashi here for the IWGP Jr Heavyweight belt... or if Hiromu wins the tournament, whoever he nominates as his challenger. Fair to assume we will get some sort of NEVER Six Man Tag title match too. Maybe multi team match stemming from beefs from the BOSJ or whatever.
    Last edited by RyuShake Taguchi; 06-10-2017 at 08:51 AM.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Re: NJPW Dominion 6.11 in Osaka-jo Hall

the IC and hw title matches are the so rematches and I'm still excited. I want naiti to win to keep his domncance, I woulnt mind if Tanahashi slimed down and went a junior to add new dimensions to his character but it's probably unlikely. ALSO KENNY OMEGA VS KAZUCIKA OKADA, yes yes yes yes. I'm more excited for this rematch then I have been excited for any math ever. it will not be as good as the wk 11 match but they still will give us a good match

BOW DOWN TO RECYCOCKS

Status
      Country                    Canada

Stacked fucking card here can't wait

[07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]
    Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    [06:19 PM]
    Stonewall Dakson
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    Stonewall Dakson
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]
    Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    Btw Jiggy said I was only a 4 on a scale of 1 to Jon for being annoying so that's my resolution covered.

Status

Updated with the full card and opening VTR. Really strong card, I think. Imagine we might see a draw somewhere to set up a title defence for the G1 Specials.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Smiling Politely

Status
      Country                    United States

Just recently signed up for NJPWWorld a little over a week ago and it seems like I picked the right time to do it, can't wait for this tomorrow.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Status

The young bucks are back, yes they have been missed. I have a feeling that something will go in the final.

I'm Alive. That's All.

Status
      Country                    England

Not liking the amount of title changes on this show so far, can't see Naito/Tanahashi switching as I expect Omega to win.

Takahashi/Kushida was great and better than the Ospreay/Kushida match from last weekend in my book.

Very much excited for the main event. 7 stars on the card.

Status

Kinda think Okada/Omega's gonna have some bullshit or a draw. Might be wrong. Good match so far.

At least Suzuki and LIJ kept their belts...

edit: this fucking match... we might be getting a draw... and another six star from big daddy M
    Last edited by RyuShake Taguchi; 06-11-2017 at 07:25 AM.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

I'm Alive. That's All.

Status

Omega Vs Okada is the Return of the King of wrestling matches. That was like a 30 minute closing stretch.

Cody looks to be getting a title match with Okada, probably on the California tour. That'll play into the throwing in the towel spot, and Bullet Club tension. I'd have thought Okada/Omega III would be a lock for the Dome at this point (which means Omega is gonna have to win the G1).
    Last edited by Ed; 06-11-2017 at 08:13 AM.

Status

can't wait for Cody to beat Okada

might happen to throw up G1 possibilities. But I see Naito winning G1 to face Okada at the Dome. Omega vs Cody or they might give us Omega vs Tanahashi. Or maybe Omega vs Ibushi if he ever unmasks.
    Last edited by RyuShake Taguchi; 06-11-2017 at 08:16 AM.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Dat Boi

Status

Can't wait for Long Beach, to see if Okada can prove he's an all-time great by carrying the proverbial broomstick that is Cody Rhodes to a good match.

Smiling Politely

Status

This was my first NJPW event that I've watched since getting New Japan World, and I did stay up until 5am watching this but it was worth it. The main event ending in a 60 minute draw was heartbreaking as I was pulling for Kenny but in the end it just wasn't meant to be. I really thought it was his time, but hopefully there's a rematch down the line between these two so Kenny can have his moment. It was still an awesome match, by the end I was exhausted but it was worth it to stay up.

The whole show was great, IMO. I enjoyed just about every match on the card, main event was my favorite but I also really enjoyed Naito/Tanahashi, Takahashi/KUSHIDA, and Bucks/Roppongi Vice.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Status

What a match, it wasn't better than he wk 11 match but it was still better than most things these days. To people who say omega is a spot fest guy half the match was him working the left knee so screw you. Don callis was great tonight especially in the main event I couldn't stop laughing at his comments about gedo it was like lawler always ripping on stu hart and him getting over omegas character and bullet club's in general and their intentions. Also he changed okada character from a rich arragont kid to the companies favourite, now that's good commentary not only does it evolve okada character it possible foreshadows a later role.

Great show overall, I like the fact that their was a different finish in the Jr tag match then you expect from them. Naito vs Tanahshi was great but something was missing for me but I blame the bicep injury for that, very good selling and storytelling but in ring it was a step down from their wk11 match.

I'm Alive. That's All.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    What a match, it wasn't better than he wk 11 match but it was still better than most things these days. To people who say omega is a spot fest guy half the match was him working the left knee so screw you.
    I wouldn't call Omega a spot fest guy, but when you work the knee for half the match (not sure it was that long tbh) and it proves to be pointless filler to pad out an hour long match, I don't see how that's any evidence for the match and the wrestlers being great. Omega's excellent exhausted duck of the Rainmaker, now that's something to point to and say he's better than a spot fest guy. Or you know, just show them Ishii/Omega.

The more I think about it, I think this match might be one of the biggest forced epics ever in pro-wrestling. This was the most anticipated rematch maybe of it's generation, everyone involved in the match knew that the expectation from New Japan fanboys was 5 star match and it would be a disaster if they didn't deliver something beyond the standard 30 minute New Japan main event. Even if they couldn't top the WK match, they needed to do something to make it different so they went for the broadway. I long for the day these guys just have the 25-30 minute sprint version of their match because that's what I want to see, not the pointless dull filler or the amount of finisher nearfalls that bloat the match. It's getting to the point with Okada where he's gonna jump the shark on this rainmaker move, how many times does he need to hit this move now to win a match?

Status

[QUOTE=Ed;2103819517]I wouldn't call Omega a spot fest guy, but when you work the knee for half the match (not sure it was that long tbh) and it proves to be pointless filler to pad out an hour long match, I don't see how that's any evidence for the match and the wrestlers being great. Omega's excellent exhausted duck of the Rainmaker, now that's something to point to and say he's better than a spot fest guy. Or you know, just show them Ishii/Omega. /QUOTE]

To be honest I was talking about Jim corenette and his followers who did everything but praise their wk 11 not even saying that it was any good, some of them was acting like it was the worst match ever just because of omega style.

Still Kicking It

Status

I heard Meltzer say that the Omega/Okada match ranked it 7 stars. I get the feeling there is a promotional side to breaking his own rating system. Dave gives a five star match in New Japan, big deal, but give 6 stars to Omega/Okada and upping it, it gets attention. Dave knows the power he has as a journalist and has promoted his favorite company just by saying Omega/Okada is the best match he's seen. And there is a change even from last year of how much buzz New Japan gets stateside. It's getting the love that people had about NXT a couple of years ago, and Lucha to a certain extent. New Japan has enough money and resources that they might stave off the Icarus effect that several indy companies get when they become red hot. Even if their talent gets picked off, they are able to replace them with someone worthy of that spot. A year ago, I didn't know if Kenny was capable of filling AJ's shoes, but he's doing pretty well for himself.
    Last edited by strange brew; 06-12-2017 at 06:46 PM.

Tranquilo!

Status

While yeah it wasn't perfect i much preferred that match to the WK11 match. Thought both guys did pretty well to time the match as best they could. It's not easy to pad out a 60 minute match when you can cover virtually everything you need to in 20-25.

Interesting to see what cards they play going forward. In reality the only ones who should be taking the title from him are either Omega or Naito at this stage, i'm assuming either one of those two take the G1 and face Okada at the Dome but then i dunno if they really do plan on keeping the title on Okada for that long. I guess they could switch it to Cody for a few months to break it up but at this stage that would feel eh. Okada losing would have to be a HUGE moment and i feel now only a loss at the dome to one of the two men i spoke about above will do that.

Cesaro 1 - 0 Beachball

I'm Alive. That's All.

Status

I'm lacking Zero hot takes of the match

The more I think about it, I'm not sure what the argument is for Omega/Okada being a better hour long draw than Mack/Mundo from a few weeks ago other than New Japan's reputation. Mundo/Mack never blew off limb work, they had clear babyface/heel defined characters, they didn't spam knee strikes, they had the better finish of the challenger seconds away from winning the title.

On a more positive note, I'm still hyped up from Takahashi/Kushida, my god, what a match. These guys have had a tremendous year both in Japan and overseas. Tanahashi/Naito was the tits too.

Status

Omega and Naito seem a lock for G1 Special US tourney finals so not sure what we're going to get. Getting swerved for sure there. Okada losing to Cody would work in that Omega would definitely get jealous and force a BC split. But that might happen even if Cody doesn't win. Could just go nowhere. Who knows? I'd guess now's a good time for a Cody-Okada switch in hopes of Cody having a good G1 and getting super over like Styles did. Okada might just win the G1 and pick Omega or Naito just cause he's a madman. But Okada dropping the belt in the US would be a huge moment tbh.

Wish Shibata would be around to be in the mix.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

[Blank Space]

Status

Outsider perspective from someone who follows the news/results but watches very little:

Omega beats Okada in a G1 block match, setting up a final showdown between the end of G1 & Tokyo Dome for the two. Meanwhile, Naito wins G1 and faces Okada at Tokyo Dome.

Thread Information