Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NJPW Best of the Super Jr. 24

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Re: NJPW Best of the Super Jr. 24

The will ospreay vs marty scurll was excellent, it was. good idea to give him ospreay due to their history. the crowd was super into scurll despite him being bullet club so that's good, I loved the rko taunt from ospreay ... dive. The taka vs liger match was great and it just shows that both of them can still go. The main event between dragon lee and Takahashi was good, it wasn't their best match but it was less high flying and more physical, that slap battle ouch it was sasaki and kobashi level (well not really) I loved it.

Great show, glad it was free.
    Koi Suru Fortune Cookie

FUCK FACE

Status
      Country                    England

I love how over Marty is already in New Japan just 2 nights in. The crowd are doing his woop woop entrance throughout his match, they know about the 'just kidding' superkick and the chickenwing yell. Just goes to show you letting a guy go out there and have a no shenanigans singles match where he can get his shit over works, unlike Sabre Jr who's good work is being dragged down by interference in all his matches. The Ospreay match wasn't peak Ospreay/Scurll, but both guys seemed to be having a blast in the ring and crucially were getting Scurll over.

Jushin Liger has been amazing so far in his two losses to TAKA (BS decision) and Hiromu. He seems really fired up for his last BOSJ and I just hope there are some wins coming for the guy because a 1-6 with a final night victory is what I fear is coming here.

Best matches so far for me have been Liger/Taka, Kushida/Desperado, Ospreay/Scurll, Hiromu/Lee, Lee/Scurll and Liger/Hiromu. Ospreay/Ricochet was too long and self-indulgent for my tastes.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Haven't been able to get any of this watched until now. Only watched first two matches. Just starting the third and I have to say. I fucking hate Taichi so much. What a prick.

I'm so worked just by his entrance.

Will edit in thoughts in a bit.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

FUCK FACE

Status

Had watched the first 5 nights of this but I've kinda lost interest now, doing nothing with Liger other than job him out is really disappointing. Probably check back in for the finals.

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

Taichi has impressed me so far, mvp of the tournament. His match with taka made me laugh and I loved it. I don't know why people don like him, he is awesome the music, the gimmick it's great. I what taichi as champion, screw takahashi.

Tachi-Gun Ichiban
    Koi Suru Fortune Cookie

Status

Only saw night 1 and night 2 so far. Ricochet vs Ospreay ruled and so did TAKA vs Taichi. Six stars.

Wont see anything else til I get home.

Taichi is a great heel.

Is Liger facing Taichi last day? Can see Liger beating someone hated to KO their tourny chances. I don't really mind Liger jobbing, if its his last tourny and the point is that hes past it then Id rather he jobbed than win. Makes sense to me.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Circle Jerker

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

GIMME DAT HIROMU/BUSHI ALL-LIJ FINAL

FUCK FACE

Status

Taguchi/Kushida was pretty great.

Momoiro Nekketsu Seinen S-Mod

Status
      Country                    United States

Here's a list of matches I would list as stuff worth going out of your way to see from the BOSJ if you wanna catch up before the final, since I doubt there'll be more than 1 on the last Block B night, if that. (***3/4 & above)

Dragon Lee vs. Hiromu - Night 1 - ****
    Hiromu vs. Liger - Night 2 - ****
    Tiger Mask IV vs. KUSHIDA - Night 3 - ***3/4
    Tiger Mask IV vs ACH - Night 5 - ****
    KUSHIDA vs BUSHI - Night 5 - ****1/4
    Hiromu vs Scurll - Night 10 - ***3/4
    Dragon Lee vs Liger - Night 10 - ***3/4
    Volador Jr vs ACH - Night 11 - ***3/4
    KUSHIDA vs Taguchi - Night 11 - ****1/4
    Ricochet vs Marty Scurll - Night 12 - ***3/4
    KUSHIDA vs Volador Jr - Night 13 - ***3/4

-

The match quality's been solid overall but the booking has been absolutely atrocious, and turned me off watching this entire company. If I didn't have my show, I'd probably cancel NJP World. That's how uninterested in this company & quite frankly turned off by this booking I have been. Really is a shame.
    Last edited by Zero; 06-02-2017 at 06:39 PM.
    HEADBUTT~

Keep Dreaming~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

I haven't really watched any matches from block b besides then taguchi v Kushida. The booking has been very inconsistent this bosj, one day takahashi is an absolute beast but the next he loses vey easy, I suppose fatigue could be a kayfabe reason but it's too flippy floppy. They suffered greatly from not evening out the the blocks which meant that some top guys had to lose quite a lot. The matches on a bl ok have been great but the booking has let it down. I would have put ospreay and scurll in block b with El desperado and ach in block a. B block has suffered from not having a clear sunnier since everyone is currently on 6 points.
    Last edited by MC 16; 06-01-2017 at 06:55 AM.
    Koi Suru Fortune Cookie

Momoiro Nekketsu Seinen S-Mod

Status

I think Block A is dependent on how tired you are of Ospreay. If you're cooling on him then Block B was better, B had the two best matches to me though overall I think Hiromu has been the best person in this tournament in the ring.
    HEADBUTT~

Keep Dreaming~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

The EST of WC

Status

Watched the first 4 nights but zoned out after that. Couldn't be fucked to keep up with it spoiler free day after day. Gonna go back and check out a few matches from the previous nights and will probably watch the Block A & Block B conclusion matches. Seen a lot of praise for Kushida/Taguchi so hopefully that is as good as people have made it out to be.

Kushida/Ospreay should be a fun match. I do find myself cooling a little bit on Ospray though, his style is fun but can be a bit OTT at times. Hopefully he can tone it down and actually tell a decent story with Kushida tomorrow night rather than just throwing around flashy move after flashy move.

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

The finals were very good and the best match of the tournament but people saying that it's a 5 ***** match are exaggerating. Ospreay's inconsistent selling of his arm brought it down, not to mention the overkill 5 of the match exactly that overkill.
    Koi Suru Fortune Cookie

The EST of WC

Status

Wouldn't have given the final more than **** tbh. While it was a good match Ospreay's lack of selling was just too big for me to overlook. Even if he had done some form of limping or something I could get behind it but to see him no sell the arms and legs attacks after about 2 mins was just bad form.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Ospreay in New Japan is the type of Ospreay I really don't enjoy that much these days. I like the recent heel Ospreay in places like Progress because he at least looks motivated while he's trying real hard to get his persona over. These BOSJ matches with Ospreay felt half assed or almost parody like.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    People Obsessed With Nicky: RainShaker, indyfan
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

FUCK FACE

Status

yeah idk what it is about him in New Japan but he comes over really cringy in his facial expressions and how he has to swear when he sells. Maybe he thinks with English audiences he can be more subtle but Japan he needs to go OTT with it.

Status

Watched some shows last night and earlier this morning, read some other results to fill in gaps but I actually enjoyed the vast majority of what I saw. I liked how Liger still made his mark on the tournament but I think KUSHIDA bringing in a new finisher was cool development and fits in with how he can redeem himself. Wasn't super keen on the final being Ospreay vs KUSHIDA but I guess Ospreay is going to be the one to beat KUSHIDA for the belt at some point if KUSHIDA wins it back. They did have a good story between the pair for it and both had really good reasons to win. Surprisingly enjoyed Taichi and TAKA and the rest of Suzuki-gun. Hard to say who I enjoyed most in the tournament tbh. Really big fan of Scurll now though. Also really enjoyed Volador Jr to my surprise. ACH was a little meh. Only person I didn't really enjoy was Tiger Mask. The guy gives the complete impression from Liger when it comes to the grizzled vets: he feels like he is mailing it in constantly. I did enjoy his match with KUSHIDA though.

I thought the final was really good. I wouldn't give it five stars or whatever but I'm also not fussed on how Ospreay acts or the selling. Thought the finishing stretch of the match was superb. Boosted by the fact I genuinely didn't know who would go over. A great end to a good tournament, I thought.

I'm really surprised in saying this but I think this tournament might have turned me round on Suzuki-gun and my dislike of them. Maybe because I wasn't expecting fair matches from them and shit. Idk.

Some solid, solid matches from this tournament. Enjoyed what I saw.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 06-10-2017 at 08:02 AM.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Thread Information