Thread: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (TBA)

Status
      Country                    United States

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (TBA)

Release date: TBD
    Studio: Walt Disney Pictures, Marvel Studios
    Director: James Gunn
    MPAA Rating: N/A
    Screenwriter: James Gunn
    Starring: Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Michael Rooker
    Genre:
    Official website: Marvel.com/Guardians

Plot Summary: James Gunn confirms Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 will happen!

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (TBA)

I assume this is coming after both of the Infinity War films, so do we expect a change in crew members at all? I can see Marvel using Avengers three and four to shuffle a few things around and possibly bring some professional relationships to an end. Now I don't think anyone in the Guardians group really stands out as likely to be departing any time soon but if they are looking to push the idea that Thanos might win in the end I could see a couple of big deaths happening and a couple of shock ones; losing a couple of Guardians would be pretty shocking I think.

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    I assume this is coming after both of the Infinity War films, so do we expect a change in crew members at all? I can see Marvel using Avengers three and four to shuffle a few things around and possibly bring some professional relationships to an end. Now I don't think anyone in the Guardians group really stands out as likely to be departing any time soon but if they are looking to push the idea that Thanos might win in the end I could see a couple of big deaths happening and a couple of shock ones; losing a couple of Guardians would be pretty shocking I think.
    Spoiler:

I can see Nebula biting the bullet in the Avengers films, but apart from that I don't see any of the main cast going.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Spoiler:

I can see Nebula biting the bullet in the Avengers films, but apart from that I don't see any of the main cast going.
    Spoiler:

Nebula is one character I could definitely see dying, although they may swerve us and have Gamora sacrifice herself to save her "sister" and paint Nebula as the villain trying to do good to be worthy of that sacrifice. I could also see Rocket and possibly Groot going. Groot seems les likely due to how much money her makes based purely on merchandising and how giffable he is (which makes him invalueable as a word of mouth tool) but I spent half of Vol. 2 expecting Rocket to die because of how he spent so much time pushing everyone away and being a massive dick, which was compounded by watching the first film right beforehand and him saying "I ain't got that long a lifespan anyway".

I'm also half expecting Kraglin to go based purely on the fact that Sean Gunn has a job in these films because his brother writes and directs them (not to downplay how much fun I think he is as an actor) and now that he's seemingly a part of the group, and pretty much just a Yondu copy, he's gonna be very much out of his depth - which lends itself to comedy but could also end up being his downfall.

I could see Vol. 3 starting with a much smaller team; Drax and Quill seem safe bets to survive and I hope we get a lot more Mantis in the future but I feel like everyone else up for grabs during the Infinity War films.

Thread Information