Thread: 2017 Supercard Of The Year Ongoing Discussion

Scumbag Role Model

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.
      Country                    United States

2017 Supercard Of The Year Ongoing Discussion

Use this thread to discuss what have been some of the best wrestling shows of the year so far!
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

The Cult of Mayu Iwatani

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Re: 2017 Supercard Of The Year Ongoing Discussion

Has to be wrestle Kingdom, amazing card all throughout except the huge tag match.

Wrestlemania had three matches which looked good and only two delivered and hey jerked the certain. so not Wrestlemania

Be The Booker

Status
      Country                    Greece

WrestleMania will not be here for the 2nd straight year sadly. Can't say that any other WWE PPV so far has impressed me though. Will have to give a rewatch to the NXT TakeOver shows by the end of the year.

#WC4Horsemen

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Bazingos View Post
    WrestleMania will not be here for the 2nd straight year sadly. Can't say that any other WWE PPV so far has impressed me though. Will have to give a rewatch to the NXT TakeOver shows by the end of the year.
    WrestleMania certainly wasn't here in this category last year.
    -------
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Auto-DQ'ing anything past 4hrs from any vote I conjure e_e

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

I'm gonna have to go with Wrestle Kingdom 11 or Sakura Genesis so far.
    ----

----

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status

1. NXT Takeover Chicago - Not a bad match on the show and it was a super eventful show as well. DIY break up after a war, Brits steal the show, Roddy had a good match out of Eric fucking Young, the women continue to soar over the main roster. Just a terrific show. Top three Takeover as well.

2. NJPW Dominion - pretty much all the rematches on this show were better than WrestleKingdom and there were a handful of impressive performances.

3. Progress Super Strong Style Tournament Night 3 - one of the best stage three shows I've seen in my life. Fun fun fun from top to bottom. Another terrific defense from Dunne against a game Cobb and a hell of a final with Banks and Bate. A couple PROGRESS shows could be in contention here.
    -------
    -------

Status

Not that this will gain supreme traction given the promotion but DDT Judgement 2017 (aka DDT's 20th Anniversary show) should be a legitimate candidate for this. I might just be biased because DDT's willingness to go uber exaggeration WWE mode appeals to stoned me big time. But thought every match on the show was pretty good - and the show was really enjoyable. The show has the right balance of ridiculous comedy and seriousness. plus Kota Ibushi, obviously.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 07-25-2017 at 06:46 AM.
    ----

----

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Status

Once again, I'm going to gas DDT up.

Their Peter Pan show was fucking amazing. I think DDT Universe offers a free month trial. Get it and watch it. DDT has been on fire this year.
    ----

----

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Posted a tl;dr post about it (which you can pretend to read here), but PROGRESS' Chase The Sun will be on my ballot. Near perfect show from opening bell. Lots of great wrestling, big moments, and closure for big angles.
    Last edited by Darling Nicky; 09-17-2017 at 03:31 PM.
    -------
    -------

For A Better WC

Status
      Country                    England

I look forward to checking the show out over the next few days.

Jim's review today reminds me that Night 2 of the UK tournament is right up there for this. Hard to imagine how that show could of been executed better. Takeover Brooklyn III as well was a hoot.

It's gonna be tough for me to include a NJPW show on this despite the year they've had; the way they structure things it makes it a tough award for them to win. It's supercard of the year; not best 2nd half to a show of the year and when there's been shows this year great from top to bottom I'm not gonna vote for a show where you can fast forward the first 2 hours and not miss anything. How often is there anything memorable or important before intermission on these things? I mean you could rearrange Summerslam to put all the dull matches up front and then load up the final 2 hours to be great and it would give the impression that the show was much better than it actually was.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I look forward to checking the show out over the next few days.

Jim's review today reminds me that Night 2 of the UK tournament is right up there for this. Hard to imagine how that show could of been executed better. Takeover Brooklyn III as well was a hoot.

It's gonna be tough for me to include a NJPW show on this despite the year they've had; the way they structure things it makes it a tough award for them to win. It's supercard of the year; not best 2nd half to a show of the year and when there's been shows this year great from top to bottom I'm not gonna vote for a show where you can fast forward the first 2 hours and not miss anything. How often is there anything memorable or important before intermission on these things? I mean you could rearrange Summerslam to put all the dull matches up front and then load up the final 2 hours to be great and it would give the impression that the show was much better than it actually was.
    Maybe that's smart booking on the part of NJPW.

Thread Information