Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Worst Match Of The Year Ongoing Discussion

~Phenomenal~

Status
      Country                    England

Re: 2017 Worst Match Of The Year Ongoing Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Wasn't competitive, wasn't interesting, was basically a glorified squash of a guy coming off a career year. It was a match that was simply a vehicle for a proposal and not to be the ETE guy but Miz deserved to have a better showing at Wrestlemania than to just be a puppet for a Cena feel good moment, particularly considering how good he was in the build.

Maybe the match itself isn't terrible in a vacuum but it left a pretty poor taste in my mouth considering they could had made it a fun and competitive match and instead it was Miz controlling the match for five minutes and then folding under the first sign of resistance.

Tap Tap Tap
    I'm not sure it's really a glorified squash if Miz controlled half the match, he got his heat sequence and then was caught out by the better wrestler. He got his shit in, then Cena and Nikki got there's in. We all knew Miz was there to take the fall, had zero chance of winning and his reward for the career year was being in the Cena mania match, not sure a slightly more competitive match would of changed anyone's mind that Miz was gonna win.

Not saying it was a great match or anything btw. I just thought it ticked the boxes it needed to and got out of there. Plus a Nikki suicide dive, I popped a little for that.

Be The Booker

Status
      Country                    Greece

The mixed tag team match was trash but there are other matches more worthy of this award and I'm sure there are more to come in the following months. Orton vs. Wyatt at Mania is my current #1.

#WC4Horsemen

~Phenomenal~

Status

Alright what the fuck was that Bliss Vs Bayley match all about last night. Not just the girls themselves, but the booking around everything, I have no idea what they're going for here.

• Bayley's promo stunk before the match and told us she was gonna get extreme tonight
    • Bayley still looked like she was about to cry at the thought of using the stick as she awaited Bliss' entrance
    • There was no drama over getting the kendo stick, they knocked it off the pole in the first minute so then it quickly became just a kendo stick match
    • Bayley gets the kendo stick, becomes hesitant to use it so she misses her chance like a dork.
    • Bliss then kicks her ass in probably the most one sided heel comeback I've seen in the womens' division for a while. Could not believe she won that clean as a whistle. No more excuses for Bayley, she's lost twice now to Bliss without Bliss having to cheat.
    • The overall story WWE have told here is Bayley is a loser, she's never kissed a guy and has no friends, she got bullied for a month straight to the point where she lowered herself to Bliss' standards by wanting to beat her up with a weapon but then still failed anyway because she's a fucking loser. Is it any surprise she's not as over as she was a few months into her main roster call up.

Fucking terrible.

Cheese!

Status

I can't imagine anything will be worse than Bayley v Alexa, but I'm sure WWE will manage it. Front runner for worst match for now though, all it did was make Bayley look like crap. The division has regressed back to the worst of the Divas era.

Thanks to Jabberwocky for the amazing Gabrielle gif

[Blank Space]

Status
      Country                    UK

Haven't seen it, but worse than Randy/Bray at WM? Ouch.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Randy/Bray is still on top for me because they pulled that shit at WrestleMania. Bliss/Bayley is up there though.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    People Obsessed With Nicky: RainShaker, indyfan
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Cheese!

Status

Bliss/Bayley was the worse match but Randy/Bray was on a big stage, and the culmination of like 6 months of story.

Thanks to Jabberwocky for the amazing Gabrielle gif

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    The overall story WWE have told here is Bayley is a loser, she's never kissed a guy and has no friends, she got bullied for a month straight to the point where she lowered herself to Bliss' standards by wanting to beat her up with a weapon but then still failed anyway because she's a fucking loser. Is it any surprise she's not as over as she was a few months into her main roster call up.

Fucking terrible.
    So basically the better part of her two and a half years in NXT from 2013 to mid-2015. She was pretty much the same then too.

Maybe this is a long-con situation and she get over again in a year or so when the main roster writers actually wake up. Lol, who am I kidding? They won't ever wake up.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

The preposterous part for me is why would someone whose gimmick is a fangirl who grew up to become a wrestler be afraid to use a weapon? When you're a kid, weapon spots are one of the coolest parts of watching.

She should've been saying shit like "My dad wouldn't let me watch ECW because he thought it was too extreme for a young girl, but I'd sneak downstairs while he was asleep and watch guys like Sandman and Tommy Dreamer destroy each other with kendo sticks. And now I can't wait to do the same to you, Alexa."

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

To be fair, the Bayley character sucks and I've been saying this for years. Not just a trolling attempt.
    -------
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Scumbag Role Model

Status

All three of mine for the first half have already been mentioned in here so I won't go into much detail. There's been more dumb or underwhelming matches than flat out shitty matches this year, but we do know the three:

1. Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton at WrestleMania 33
    2. Alexa Bliss vs Bayley at Extreme Rules - hooray for Bayley's burial but still a hot mess.
    3. Volador Jr vs Yoshi Tatsu - multiple cringe moments and just a sign that for Yoshi, is impossible to be competent. Nothing about this worked.

HHH/Rollins long, heatless match is up there and could slip in bar any more garbage this year. Dreading the rewatch though.
    -------
    -------

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Pretty sure we're going to have another top candidate for this in a couple of weeks.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Star Wars Characters~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Swamps
    Get out and kick their ass! Even if its Grandma!

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

calling it Randy Orton vs Jindar Mahal Punjabi Prison match
    RAINMAKER!!!

When the black man talkin

Status

50% of Punjabi Prison matches have been good.

Then again, that good Punjabi Prison had Khali in it, and Khali had more idea of how to be a pro wrestler than Jinder Mahal ever will.

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    50% of Punjabi Prison matches have been good.

Then again, that good Punjabi Prison had Khali in it, and Khali had more idea of how to be a pro wrestler than Jinder Mahal ever will.
    there has only been two though. The match itself won't make it terrible, mahal without the interference stall will be terrible.
    RAINMAKER!!!

~Phenomenal~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Pretty sure we're going to have another top candidate for this in a couple of weeks.
    You weren't wrong. The Punjabi Prison for sure is a match that belongs in running for this award.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

It's really bad. Half of it's hard to see, what you can see it boring as all hell, and the other half is a series of hilarious events.
    -------
    -------

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Glad I could break the news that it was going to suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Star Wars Characters~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Swamps
    Get out and kick their ass! Even if its Grandma!

Heel Champion

Status

Just watched this and it was terrible, not only can you barely see the action but the action you do see is dreadful.

ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Status
      Country                    Aaland

Quote Originally Posted by Darling Nicky View Post
    It's really bad. Half of it's hard to see, what you can see it boring as all hell, and the other half is a series of hilarious events.
    But if at least one half is a series of hilarious events, it shouldn't be in the running for this award, when there are plenty of matches, which have no half of anything good to them whatsoever. Or not ?

Thread Information