Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: *NEW AWARD* 2017 Wrestlecrap Of The Year Ongoing Discussion

LARIATOOOOOOOO

Status
      Country                    England

Re: *NEW AWARD* 2017 Wrestlecrap Of The Year Ongoing Discussion

I think it's Bray's biggest year for wrestlecrap and embarrassingly bad segments, and the shame is I think it's been his strongest in-ring year to date (not saying an awful lot) but it's being overshadowed by these terrible angles and segments.

His chamber win is great, the fatal five way is great, fun tag match with American Alpha, really good triple threat with Cena and AJ, and these Finn Balor matches are a step up from what we normally get in Bray singles matches.

HOSS MOD

Status

Again, this boils down to WWE wanting Bray to be "spooky" rather than intimidating. I like Bray, and I think there was at one point strong potential in the character. But subtlety is the glass window that is shattered by the sledgehammer of ham.

It's funny to think, really. Didn't Vince say once that Bray was the New Era Undertaker? Well, they succeeded in making a new Kane.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    He had some potential, even if you don't like the gimmick he was getting huge praise around 2014 and people were wanting him to be pushed.

I agree the ring of fire match was definitely not the best start for Bray Wyatt. He did start to go sour when he turned from manipulative cult leader to what he became.
    He got praise for one match Then they groaned at the turning point of the Cena feud, they groaned during a lackluster Jericho match, and then they groaned that Ambrose's first feud post Rollins was with Wyatt. Some of those matches might have been good but let's not act like people were pumped to see more of Wyatt in 2014, especially during and after the Cena feud.

I hope Wyatt gets all five nominations this year.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

His ring work has been pretty decent tbf but the gimmick man, at this point it's very difficult for me to even remotely buy his character. You almost forget he was WWE Champion.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

It should really just be a single nomination under "Bray Wyatt". Or could that be Worst Gimmick of the Year?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

The Cult of Mayu Iwatani

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    His ring work has been pretty decent tbf but the gimmick man, at this point it's very difficult for me to even remotely buy his character. You almost forget he was WWE Champion.
    I completely forgot that he was champion at mania How forgettable was that title reign?

Quote Originally Posted by Darling Nicky View Post
    He got praise for one match Then they groaned at the turning point of the Cena feud, they groaned during a lackluster Jericho match, and then they groaned that Ambrose's first feud post Rollins was with Wyatt. Some of those matches might have been good but let's not act like people were pumped to see more of Wyatt in 2014, especially during and after the Cena feud.

I hope Wyatt gets all five nominations this year.
    Yes, he was fine until Wrestlemania 30. That's when all went to pot and have never recovered since.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

But you make it sound like people wanted him pushed. No one was begging for him to get pushed, he just got pushed. I'm positive people would have preferred Bryan or Ambrose went over in their respected feuds.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Last Real Man Hype

Status

I do sorta get the point about potential because the very basic gimmick of hillbilly bogus cult leader isn't a bad one, there's some good directions you could take it.

Unfortunately, the direction they've taken it is that he isn't bogus at all, he really does have magic powers, but he talks complete gibberish in a dodgy accent and hasn't figured out how to use his powers to actually win.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

The Cult of Mayu Iwatani

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Quote Originally Posted by Darling Nicky View Post
    But you make it sound like people wanted him pushed. No one was begging for him to get pushed, he just got pushed. I'm positive people would have preferred Bryan or Ambrose went over in their respected feuds.
    A lot of people did want him to be pushed. Of course it wasn't to any degree of Bryan but pushed nonetheless.

As for Ambrose, people started to not care about Bray long before that feud, so yeah I'm positive they would have preferred Ambrose over Bray in that feud.

Thread Information