Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: 2017 Most Improved Ongoing Discussion

  1. #21
    For A Better WC

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    28,998
    Rep Power
    449856
      Country                    England

    Re: 2017 Most Improved Ongoing Discussion

    This is a really interesting award this year because I think there's so many potential nominees. The only downside is Braun has been so impressive I don't see how anyone will beat him, so perhaps the more interesting debate is who is the #2 most improved. Other candidates:

    - Neville (from doing nothing to the King of the Cruiserweights)
    - Pete Dunne (no-one was talking about this guy last year as a great wrestler, and then he won our Best Wrestler competition for 2017 so I think that counts as an improvement)
    - Travis Banks (rather like Pete Dunne, no-one was really paying attention to him last year and then he just kills it all year long in the UK)
    - EVIL (leapfrogged Sanada and then Hiromu to be the 2nd most pushed guy in LIJ and his performances have been rock solid)
    - Juice Robinson (Been trusted by Gedo in main events, title matches and the G1 and hasn't let him down)
    - Elias (bit of a personal pick because I hated him and thought he had no potential at all, and then he's been an acceptable part of the Raw midcard and one of the more reliable heels in the company)
    - Xavier Woods (from trombone playing sidekick to MVP of a couple of these New Day/Usos matches)
    - Timothy Thatcher (I'll touch on this in a bigger post once I've caught up with wXw's Tag League, but Thatcher in Europe smokes Thatcher on top of Evolve. I can't believe how much I've enjoyed him this year)
    - NXT in general (if we can vote Smackdown for biggest fall from grace, NXT should count here. After a mediocre 2016 outside of the tag teams title matches, NXT is back on track for being the most entertaining weekly wrestling show).

    I can't believe I ever considered Omega for this

  2. #22
    Scumbag Role Model
    Darling Nicky's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.
    Posts
    43,516
    Rep Power
    467583
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2017 Most Improved Ongoing Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    This is a really interesting award this year because I think there's so many potential nominees. The only downside is Braun has been so impressive I don't see how anyone will beat him, so perhaps the more interesting debate is who is the #2 most improved. Other candidates:

    - Neville (from doing nothing to the King of the Cruiserweights)
    - Pete Dunne (no-one was talking about this guy last year as a great wrestler, and then he won our Best Wrestler competition for 2017 so I think that counts as an improvement)
    - Travis Banks (rather like Pete Dunne, no-one was really paying attention to him last year and then he just kills it all year long in the UK)
    - EVIL (leapfrogged Sanada and then Hiromu to be the 2nd most pushed guy in LIJ and his performances have been rock solid)
    - Juice Robinson (Been trusted by Gedo in main events, title matches and the G1 and hasn't let him down)
    - Elias (bit of a personal pick because I hated him and thought he had no potential at all, and then he's been an acceptable part of the Raw midcard and one of the more reliable heels in the company)
    - Xavier Woods (from trombone playing sidekick to MVP of a couple of these New Day/Usos matches)
    - Timothy Thatcher (I'll touch on this in a bigger post once I've caught up with wXw's Tag League, but Thatcher in Europe smokes Thatcher on top of Evolve. I can't believe how much I've enjoyed him this year)
    - NXT in general (if we can vote Smackdown for biggest fall from grace, NXT should count here. After a mediocre 2016 outside of the tag teams title matches, NXT is back on track for being the most entertaining weekly wrestling show).

    I can't believe I ever considered Omega for this
    Neville: Absolutely. Probably my front runner.

    Pete Dunne: He broke out for sure last year and I was on board with him but he's definitely stepped it up big time in 2017.

    Travis Banks: For sure. Usually has the best match on the card these days.

    EVIL: He certainly had a rad G1 and is probably my favorite LI guy minus Time Bomb.

    Juice: I honestly still think he's just as awesome as he was last year. He's been given more chances and rightfully so, but he was awesome last year and he's still awesome. Noticeable improvement but not as noticable as others.

    Elias: Probably time to let this one go I don't see him going anywhere or going higher than his current level, but he's a great heat magnet and isn't completely awful. These matches with Titus Brand and Truth are exploiting him a bit as sort of dull, though.

    Xavier Woods: You nailed it.

    Thatcher: Much more tolerable now that he's out of the spot light, and partly responsible for one of my favorite matches on the year (Thatcher vs Riddle vs WALTER)

    NXT: I guess? Were those shows really that mediocre? I thought the shows were fine last year and I thought the shows were good this year. NXT "improvement" isn't as noticable as Smackdown's downfall. Plus if anything, there's still mediocre stuff on the show, questionable booking decisions, and dull people getting focus. If Adam Cole remains as focused yet terrible I cannot endorse this suggestion.

    Kenny Omega shat the bed.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

  3. #23
    SIX F'N STARS
    The Natural's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,102
    Rep Power
    230167

    Re: 2017 Most Improved Ongoing Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    This is a really interesting award this year because I think there's so many potential nominees. The only downside is Braun has been so impressive I don't see how anyone will beat him, so perhaps the more interesting debate is who is the #2 most improved. Other candidates:

    - Neville (from doing nothing to the King of the Cruiserweights)
    - Pete Dunne (no-one was talking about this guy last year as a great wrestler, and then he won our Best Wrestler competition for 2017 so I think that counts as an improvement)
    - Travis Banks (rather like Pete Dunne, no-one was really paying attention to him last year and then he just kills it all year long in the UK)
    - EVIL (leapfrogged Sanada and then Hiromu to be the 2nd most pushed guy in LIJ and his performances have been rock solid)
    - Juice Robinson (Been trusted by Gedo in main events, title matches and the G1 and hasn't let him down)
    - Elias (bit of a personal pick because I hated him and thought he had no potential at all, and then he's been an acceptable part of the Raw midcard and one of the more reliable heels in the company)
    - Xavier Woods (from trombone playing sidekick to MVP of a couple of these New Day/Usos matches)
    - Timothy Thatcher (I'll touch on this in a bigger post once I've caught up with wXw's Tag League, but Thatcher in Europe smokes Thatcher on top of Evolve. I can't believe how much I've enjoyed him this year)
    - NXT in general (if we can vote Smackdown for biggest fall from grace, NXT should count here. After a mediocre 2016 outside of the tag teams title matches, NXT is back on track for being the most entertaining weekly wrestling show).
    I haven't seen a whole bunch of Travis Banks but I'm familiar with everybody else. Out of that list I would probably pick Juice Robinson as most improved for me. I'm feelin Xavier but it's more like he's allowed to do more stuff than he is showing improvement. Any time they called on him to be awesome he was. Juice however feels like there's something there that wasn't for a long time. And now sky's the limit.

    Also lol @ NXT in general. Yeah they had a fall from grace for a little while there but business has definitely picked up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I can't believe I ever considered Omega for this
    I can't either. He's always been great.



    I HAVE STARTED STREAMING MY GAME SESSIONS
    ...COME AND CHECK IT OUT IF YOU'RE BORED,OK?

  4. #24
    For A Better WC

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    28,998
    Rep Power
    449856
      Country                    England

    Re: 2017 Most Improved Ongoing Discussion

    lets just look at the stuff we sort of disagree on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darling Nicky View Post
    Juice: I honestly still think he's just as awesome as he was last year. He's been given more chances and rightfully so, but he was awesome last year and he's still awesome. Noticeable improvement but not as noticable as others.
    That's a fair point and I agree Juice probably isn't much of a better wrestler in 2017 than he was in 2016, but to me this award isn't just 'who's in ring abilities improved this year', I also consider improvements in career opportunities and output of great matches as something that weighs towards this award. Ideally I want the winner to tick the boxes for everything there, which is why I think I can't vote anyone over Braun.

    Elias: Probably time to let this one go I don't see him going anywhere or going higher than his current level, but he's a great heat magnet and isn't completely awful. These matches with Titus Brand and Truth are exploiting him a bit as sort of dull, though.
    Oh for sure if I was ranking my nominees out, Elias sits right at the bottom and is someone I know I won't have in my top 3. I guess I just wanted to show I'm man enough to say I was wrong when I said this guy had no potential and NXT should give up on him

    NXT: I guess? Were those shows really that mediocre? I thought the shows were fine last year and I thought the shows were good this year. NXT "improvement" isn't as noticable as Smackdown's downfall. Plus if anything, there's still mediocre stuff on the show, questionable booking decisions, and dull people getting focus. If Adam Cole remains as focused yet terrible I cannot endorse this suggestion.
    Actually the more I think about it, the first 6 months of this year weren't terribly impressive either for NXT. Takeover Chicago onwards it's been great I think even if I don't agree with every booking decision being made.

    From a personal standpoint I thought 2016 was a year NXT stagnated and they really struggled to move onto that next period in their history and because of that, I stopped watching the weekly shows halfway through the year. The NXT title picture sucked with Finn Balor and Shinsuke Nakamura not really impressing and Samoa Joe getting shortchanged a long run as champion because of the desire to push them harder. As great as Asuka is, the women's division was pretty much just her once Bayley left and in 2017 it feels way more fleshed out which is great now that she's left for Raw.

    I'd agree it's not a super strong case, and wouldn't make my top 3. I think that's likely to be Braun, Neville and one other at this point.

    Kenny Omega shat the bed.
    The terrible G1 killed him. You and I were both willing to give him a second chance after how awesome those Ishii matches were, but then he shat the bed big time when it mattered. I felt bad for him long beach time when NJPW palmed him off with the US title when at that point I seriously thought he should end the Okada reign, not Naito. But now? nah they've got him pegged in the right spot. I'm still looking forward to the Ibushi match though.

  5. #25
    Scumbag Role Model
    Darling Nicky's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.
    Posts
    43,516
    Rep Power
    467583
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2017 Most Improved Ongoing Discussion

    Even if he had an okay G1 I probably would have still considered him for this, but he just had painfully bad performances after winning people over and was in the bottom tier of performers in the G1 and now it feels like we're right back to horribly goofy Omega.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •