Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Women's Wrestler Of The Year Ongoing Discussion

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

2017 Women's Wrestler Of The Year Ongoing Discussion

It's time for Shake to name a bunch of women that no one else is watching! Use this thread to discuss the women that are shaping up to be the best Women's wrestlers in the world!
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    People Obsessed With Nicky: RainShaker, indyfan
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Re: 2017 Women's Wrestler Of The Year Ongoing Discussion

Alexa Bliss

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Be The Booker

Status
      Country                    Greece

As far as WWE superstars go, I say Charlotte. A heel Sasha Banks might change my mind though.

#WC4Horsemen

Status

In seriousness... Nobody in WWE has had a particularly good year so far. Same with Stardom. Io Shirai and Kairi Hojo will probably be in the discussion come the end of the year and after the WWE tournament. Currently, I'd say Kairi is having the best year so far in Stardom.

Right now I'll say Hiroyo Matsumoto on the basis that she's working everywhere and killing it. If Arisa Nakajima works more often then I'm sure she will be in the discussion too.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Shuyaku

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

^Nicky Shake isn't the only guy who knows such things come on. Yeah Kairi Hojo, Io Shirai are the two top ladies in my mind. I need to see that Meiko/Hiroyo match stat as well. If theirs one lady in WWE you gotta say Asuka right? She's defeated everyone in her path, don't know how will they take the title from her? I Rosemary is a top my mind as well. Rosemary's character is so different compared to other ladies I'm seeing on TV whether on in the States or overseas, it's just so sad majority of people can't see it because they don't watch Impact Wrestling.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Status

Meiko vs Hiroyo is on Real Hero Archive. Sendai Girls in the Joshi folder. Should be the latest show - I'd honestly recommend the whole show. Might end up being the best Joshi show of the year. I am not even sure if it's Hiroyo's best match this year. Hiroyo's got a few non Stardom matches from this year you should really check out.

Hiroyo is woefully underused in Stardom, too. It sucks.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Shuyaku

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulShake View Post
    Meiko vs Hiroyo is on Real Hero Archive. Sendai Girls in the Joshi folder. Should be the latest show - I'd honestly recommend the whole show. Might end up being the best Joshi show of the year. I am not even sure if it's Hiroyo's best match this year. Hiroyo's got a few non Stardom matches from this year you should really check out.

Hiroyo is woefully underused in Stardom, too. It sucks.
    Yeah Joshi City gave me the link, might review that whole show tomorrow. The two Mains are hype city for sure.

Real Women of Genius

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Momoiro Nekketsu Seinen S-Mod

Status

I love how this thread starts by throwing shade at Shake when I guarantee whoever he says is gonna be way better than Charlotte & Sasha.

Fully agree on Hiroyo, and I'm happy Shake's starting to finally come around on one of Joshi's finest. I really have loved all of Satomura's matches this year, think her & Syuri as well as her & Hiroyo were just great. Chihiro Hashimoto may very well be my vote as the rest look great against elite talents, Hashimoto has largely been paired with Aja who's past her prime unless she's wrestling Hashimoto or Satomura. I thought Aja/Hashimoto II was an absolutely fantastic storytelling match. Syuri wins if we can add Pancrase to count with her Joshi stuff.

Some of the UK girls are pretty cool too. In WWE I have thought Asuka & Charlotte have been okay, Charlotte improved from last year. Nobody has really been good good.
    Last edited by Zero; 04-22-2017 at 03:24 PM.
    HEADBUTT~

Keep Dreaming~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kassius HoHo View Post
    ^Nicky Shake isn't the only guy who knows such things come on.
    Well, you didn't exactly blow anyone's mind here
    -------
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

~Phenomenal~

Status
      Country                    England

Nicky tossed the bait out there and got a bite

I haven't seen any joshi this year, and WWE hasn't really been that good so far. Guess I'd say Asuka just because I've really enjoyed her last two takeover matches but eh, that's not saying too much.

The winner will be whoever wins WWE's womens tournament.

Shuyaku

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Nicky tossed the bait out there and got a bite

I haven't seen any joshi this year, and WWE hasn't really been that good so far. Guess I'd say Asuka just because I've really enjoyed her last two takeover matches but eh, that's not saying too much.

The winner will be whoever wins WWE's womens tournament.
    Who's to say I didn't throw the Pole out there first hoping Nicky was going to show us his gimmick? If I were to blow up on something here, that's pretty PG to say from me hehe. One thing I need to see is more Joshi outside of Stardom it's just hard to find Matches/Shows at times from the Companies more up to date.

Real Women of Genius

Status

Looks like Nicky's the one obsessed with me now Senpai noticed me!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kassius HoHo View Post
    Yeah Joshi City gave me the link, might review that whole show tomorrow. The two Mains are hype city for sure.
    Shida/Syuri vs Miyagi/Chisako was fun too. It's a good card. Just check out the real hero archive for event videos and sites like puroresuspirit for schedules. But usually just checking out real hero every so often works. Stardom's easy to keep up with cause everything's put on Stardom world whilst other promotions are more selective with regards to shows that get aired. Some of them sell DVDs of smaller shows but generally the big shows and everything worth checking out will be on real hero eventually. Or you'll probably just hear about a good show from me or Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I love how this thread starts by throwing shade at Shake when I guarantee whoever he says is gonna be way better than Charlotte & Sasha.

Fully agree on Hiroyo, and I'm happy Shake's starting to finally come around on one of Joshi's finest. I really have loved all of Satomura's matches this year, think her & Syuri as well as her & Hiroyo were just great. Chihiro Hashimoto may very well be my vote as the rest look great against elite talents, Hashimoto has largely been paired with Aja who's past her prime unless she's wrestling Hashimoto or Satomura. I thought Aja/Hashimoto II was an absolutely fantastic storytelling match. Syuri wins if we can add Pancrase to count with her Joshi stuff.

Some of the UK girls are pretty cool too. In WWE I have thought Asuka & Charlotte have been okay, Charlotte improved from last year. Nobody has really been good good.

I guess I didn't pay much attention to Hiroyo outside of Stardom but yeah, It's clear Stardom doesn't use her to her full potential. Always thought she had something about her but never got to see it. Meiko is Meiko, she's been really good this year too and I actually think her not being champ of Sendai means a ton of fun matchups. Good point on Chihiro for sure, she's a star in the making. 1 year of pro experience and having the matches she's having is amazing. Agreed on Kong/Hashimoto II and it might end up being a MOTYC. What about Hana in pancrase? Doesn't she deserve a shout? I'm kind of bewildered Syuri's body isn't broken given the matches she has and how often she is fighting in MMA. But she is one of the Joshi that tends to have that combat spots crossover thing going so she's probably used to it. I think there's going to be a ton of Joshis in the mix this year - they all seem to be upping their game big time and feels like almost every event has matches on it that are must see. From Stardom, I'd say Kairi is the best right now. Io's character and reign is super stale whilst Kairi's reign has suddenly become super exciting and she's recovered well from having sloppy matches early on. Matches vs Konami, Kyouna and Newell were good. And she's been good in tag action plus her match against Io. She might end up winning the vote on here if she wins the WWE tourney... but I swear she should've been gone from Stardom by now. Plus really not sure how she will do in the tourny. Her experience working with gaijin might help her translate well but, idk, she's not had great matches with non natives. Guess we'll see if her style changes and if she can make it work.

I don't pay much attention the UK girls but Nixon Newell actually had a decent run in Stardom and Toni Storm is obviously doing well but feel like I'm still waiting to be fully convinced by her. It's like she takes a step forward then takes a step back alot.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Nixon Newell I'll never understand the appeal of. I'll have to watch that Stardom run but I think she's borderline bad in other promotions I've seen her in.
    -------
    -------

Shuyaku

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Darling Nicky View Post
    Nixon Newell I'll never understand the appeal of. I'll have to watch that Stardom run but I think she's borderline bad in other promotions I've seen her in.

Start with this good tag team match with Kay Lee Ray vs Kairi Hojo/ Shake's Wifey Yoko Bito.

Real Women of Genius

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Darling Nicky View Post
    She's no world beater but she wasn't bad in Stardom. She had a good match with Hojo for Stardom's white belt. Wasn't a blowaway match or anything but it was better than I expected. Her strikes do look a bit like shit, admittedly. She definitely benefitted from being paired with Kay Lee Ray as a tag team though. I'd guess if she had a prolonged singles run then my opinion would change. Had a good tag match against Bito and Hojo with KLR... but you could probably say she was the weakest in the match.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I'm starting to get to the ones where I don't really have a top three of at the half way mark, either because I haven't put too much thought into them or I just haven't covered the field as much. In this case, there's not a lot of candidates for this at least for me. I don't actively watch too much Joshi (the Joshi I have I honestly haven't been blown away by anyone) and the women's wrestling that has been available to me has had more garbage than good. I'm sure after the Women's tournament they'll be some candidates but there hasn't been too much I've been impressed with. I'm struggling to think of three but gun to my head I would blurt out:

1. Asuka
    2. Kay Lee Ray
    3. Nikki Cross

Asuka's blowing the main roster out of the water, has had great Takeover performances, feels like a legit juggernaut, and probably has the best Women's match on the year with Nikki Cross. Cross is the second best woman signed to WWE, is excelling in her character work, and is providing fun in ring quality. Kay Lee Ray has probably been the better Indy/Brit woman. She stands out in a poor field and of the Joshi matches I've been suggested she stands out in a good way.
    -------
    -------

Status

You just been watching Stardom, Nicky? They've had a pretty consistent year as far as matches go. Nothing too mindblowing but nothing extremely bad either. KLR has been good and will probably have more good matches there later this year.

Hiroyo Matsumoto and Meiko Satomura have been fun this year. Shirai's been consistent but lack of interest kills the heat of her matches for me. Iwatani been solid since being booked higher up the card. Would say Arisa Nakajima but she's not wrestled alot this year... but not had a bad match yet IMO.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status

"Watching" is honestly generous even with Stardom. Maybe like one match every blue moon or if something ever gets recommended to me.
    -------
    -------

~Phenomenal~

Status
      Country                    England

Asuka and Nikki Cross are honestly the only two I'd be voting for right now. I've seen little to no Joshi this year.

Shuyaku

Status

Yeah Hiroyo Matsumoto have been straight fire this year no doubt, every match I watched with her has been great. Hiroyo holding multiple titles and giving us consistently knock outta the park matches is a top contender in my eyes for Women Wrestler of the Year.

Real Women of Genius

Thread Information