Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2017 Women's Wrestler Of The Year Ongoing Discussion

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Re: 2017 Women's Wrestler Of The Year Ongoing Discussion

yeah her vs satomura and nakajima were fun. Idk. I guess NJPW on top of other male promotions have been killing it in terms of match quality that the women haven't really stood out greatly for me this year.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Egypt

Hiroyo4Belts has to be the answer at this point.

It has been a pretty weak year for the girls unfortunately though.
    Angels in Flight~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

Toni Storm has been having the most consistently good women's matches I've ever seen in Progress the last few chapters against Candice and Laura Di Matteo. I feel like she'd be my #3 right now before the MYC kicks off. Asuka still firmly #1 at this point.

Status

Haven't seen Toni's matches outside of Stardom but she's someone that's very polarising. I've seen people praise her, some criticise her, seems like there are people who like her and some who just don't. She has had good matches and some downright bad ones in the company. I've been a bit sour on her since she faced Blue Nikita last year for her SWA belt. The ending to that match is just a mess. Storm kicked out at one after taking three consecutive finishers from Nikita, hit her three big moves and won. Was ridiculous and no amount of in kayfabe excuses can explain it away. I also think Toni's promos (in Stardom anyway) are really cringy and not good at all... but you don't really need promo skill to get over with the Stardom fans anyway. Especially if you're a good looking foreigner who uses ass based offence.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Sangre por Sangre

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by RyuShake Taguchi View Post
    Haven't seen Toni's matches outside of Stardom but she's someone that's very polarising. I've seen people praise her, some criticise her, seems like there are people who like her and some who just don't. She has had good matches and some downright bad ones in the company. I've been a bit sour on her since she faced Blue Nikita last year for her SWA belt. The ending to that match is just a mess. Storm kicked out at one after taking three consecutive finishers from Nikita, hit her three big moves and won. Was ridiculous and no amount of in kayfabe excuses can explain it away. I also think Toni's promos (in Stardom anyway) are really cringy and not good at all... but you don't really need promo skill to get over with the Stardom fans anyway. Especially if you're a good looking foreigner who uses ass based offence.
    I mean who doesn't like ass based offence? Stardom fans love it and from the Progress showw I've seen with her involved they like it as well. She doesn't always get to wrestle top flight talent in Stardom, that will change in the GP hopefully, but yeah Ed is right she's been pretty money lately. I liked her match with Laura Di Matteo way more than Candice from Progress for sure.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Status

She wrestles the same people that everyone else does in Stardom. I just, dunno, she's sometimes good and she's sometimes absolutely rotten. It's like for every good performance there's a really shit one just around the corner. And according to some, she's also a contributing factor in why Io Shirai isn't in the WWE since it was her sloppy piledriver that fucked up Io's neck I guess that depends if you believe if that part of their match was a work or not but I think Io said that was when the neck injury happened. But I'm not sure if Io would have had her medical in WWE by then? I assume no.

I think Toni has a good chance to stand out in the GP, though. But I think KLR might outshine her. They've both definitely got a chance at having some great matches with Kyouna, HZK, Io and Konami in their block. Don't forget the ring technician Mandy Leon too.

I really can't think of anyone from Stardom to really say is in the running this year. Stardom just hasn't been that entertaining this year compared to other promotions. Hopefully picks it up towards the end of the year.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 08-14-2017 at 10:23 PM.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Recommend me a bunch of Hiroyo matches, somebody.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Sangre por Sangre

Status

You want to dive into Ms.Godzilla I like to call her from 2017, the best of the best I've seen from her. She's easily in my top 10 favorite Wrestlers going today. At one point this year she held three belts in three different promotions at the same time!

Real Women of Genius

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    England

Mayu Iwatani is my Women's Wrestler of the year. Been watching a lot of her today and she is just very good. It was Asuka before today but there is something about Mayu.

Edit: Haven't seen much of Hiroyo Matsumoto, so I can't make a fair judgement on her.
    Last edited by MC 16; 12-07-2017 at 10:45 PM.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

The definitive Hiroyo Matsumoto:

w/ Misaki Ohata vs. Io Shirai & AKINO - Kyoko Kimura retirement show - 1/22
    w/Kagetsu vs. Hikaru Shida & Syuri - OZ Academy - OZ Tag Titles - 1/25
    w/Jungle Kyona vs. BY Ho (Yoko Bito & Kairi Hojo) - Stardom - 3/5*
    vs. Toni Storm - Stardom - 3/9
    w/Ryo Mizunami vs. Nanae Takahashi & Arisa Nakajima - SEAdLINNNG - 3/16*
    w/Hikaru Shida & Rina Yamashita vs. Sonoko Kato, Kagetsu, & Minami Katsu - OZ Academy - 3/19
    vs. Meiko Satomura - Sendai Girls - 4/6
    w/Jungle Kyona vs. Queen's Quest (Io Shirai & HZK) - Stardom - Goddesses of Stardom Titles - 4/9
    vs. Kagetsu - OZ Academy - Openweight World Title - 4/12*
    w/Jungle Kyona & Natsuko Tora vs. Queen's Quest (Io Shirai, HZK, AZM) - Stardom - Artist of Stardom Tournament Semi-Final - 4/15
    vs. Tsukasa Fujimoto - Ice Ribbon - 5/5*
    vs. Arisa Nakajima - SEAdLINNG - 5/24*
    vs. Chihiro Hashimoto - Sendai Girls - Sendai Girls World Title - 6/10*
    vs. Chihiro Hashimoto - Sendai Girls - Sendai Girls World Title - 7/15
    vs. AKINO - OZ Academy - 7/16 - Openweight World Title
    vs. Hikaru Shida - OZ Academy - 8/20 - Openweight World Title*
    w/Tsubasa Kuragaki vs. Hikaru Shida & Yoshiko - OZ Academy - 9/3
    vs. Yoshiko - OZ Academy - Openweight Title - 10/29

All ***1/2+ matches, ****+ marked with *, and vs. Hikaru Shida was the best women's match of the year to me. I'm pretty sure every one would be technically better than any main roster WWE women's match this year. Even non **** matches like against Satomura and AKINO are extremely strong performances.

EDIT: I also enjoy Mayu a lot but her injury put her below Matsumoto, Hashimoto, Yoshiko, Nakajima, & Fujimoto. They're all great though.
    Angels in Flight~

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    The definitive Hiroyo Matsumoto:

w/ Misaki Ohata vs. Io Shirai & AKINO - Kyoko Kimura retirement show - 1/22
    w/Kagetsu vs. Hikaru Shida & Syuri - OZ Academy - OZ Tag Titles - 1/25
    w/Jungle Kyona vs. BY Ho (Yoko Bito & Kairi Hojo) - Stardom - 3/5*
    vs. Toni Storm - Stardom - 3/9
    w/Ryo Mizunami vs. Nanae Takahashi & Arisa Nakajima - SEAdLINNNG - 3/16*
    w/Hikaru Shida & Rina Yamashita vs. Sonoko Kato, Kagetsu, & Minami Katsu - OZ Academy - 3/19
    vs. Meiko Satomura - Sendai Girls - 4/6
    w/Jungle Kyona vs. Queen's Quest (Io Shirai & HZK) - Stardom - Goddesses of Stardom Titles - 4/9
    vs. Kagetsu - OZ Academy - Openweight World Title - 4/12*
    w/Jungle Kyona & Natsuko Tora vs. Queen's Quest (Io Shirai, HZK, AZM) - Stardom - Artist of Stardom Tournament Semi-Final - 4/15
    vs. Tsukasa Fujimoto - Ice Ribbon - 5/5*
    vs. Arisa Nakajima - SEAdLINNG - 5/24*
    vs. Chihiro Hashimoto - Sendai Girls - Sendai Girls World Title - 6/10*
    vs. Chihiro Hashimoto - Sendai Girls - Sendai Girls World Title - 7/15
    vs. AKINO - OZ Academy - 7/16 - Openweight World Title
    vs. Hikaru Shida - OZ Academy - 8/20 - Openweight World Title*
    w/Tsubasa Kuragaki vs. Hikaru Shida & Yoshiko - OZ Academy - 9/3
    vs. Yoshiko - OZ Academy - Openweight Title - 10/29

All ***1/2+ matches, ****+ marked with *, and vs. Hikaru Shida was the best women's match of the year to me. I'm pretty sure every one would be technically better than any main roster WWE women's match this year. Even non **** matches like against Satomura and AKINO are extremely strong performances.

EDIT: I also enjoy Mayu a lot but her injury put her below Matsumoto, Hashimoto, Yoshiko, Nakajima, & Fujimoto. They're all great though.
    I’ll defintely mow through this list because I have my three but I feel like I’m missing out on more.
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Status

Her matches vs Shida and Nakajima were the tits.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Sangre por Sangre

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    Her matches vs Shida and Nakajima were the tits.
    No better post has been said Shake when it comes to Hiroyo. Hiroyo like the best of the best Wrestlers can go with anyone with any style and Hiroyo night in and night out, proves she is one of the measuring sticks that all the young talent in Wrestling should look up to. I also think Fujimoto and Ohata have been having good years as well.

Real Women of Genius

Status

I would honestly put Risa Sera as top three just based on how much she seems to have skyrocketed overall. She's carried the torch for Ice more than anyone this year and seems to have helped them become more popular than Stardom. At least that's my take on it. Maybe she should be most improved instead. Her title reign has been good fun. You have to consider just how little Ice got fucked by Tsukushi's incident. That's due to Sera and others on the roster stepping up.

Chihiro is a shout too.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Risa is the best booked Ace of the year imo. I loved her match against Maya & she's had a great title reign & Azure Revolution is a solid team. (The Akane Fujita match was very bad however imo) I think she's overachieved and most improved is fair.

1. Hiroyo Matsumoto
    2. Chihiro Hashimoto
    3. Yoshiko

- My top 3.
    Angels in Flight~

Scumbag Role Model

Status

1. Asuka - A fucking superstar. Complete ace performer in the WWE. The last women standing match with Nikki Cross might be my favorite women’s match on the the year. The Moon matches are good. She’s never not entertaining.

2. Toni Storm - creeps into my nominations after enjoying pretty much most of her Progress title defenses and the stuff suggested to me here and there. She’s improving at a great rate and becoming a top tier wrestler.

3. Hiroyo Matsumoto - also just barely creeps into my nominations. I watched the Shida, Nakajima, Hashimoto, Fujimoto, and The BY Ho tag and left with a good impression of Hiroyo. Very versatile and very precise. Very inspiring performances too and I can see why she’s apparently one of the best.

Also considering: Nikki Cross, Kairi Sane, Jinny
    Last edited by Tennessee Nicky; 12-16-2017 at 08:17 AM.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Status

Hiroyo's Stardom runs this year has left me feeling iffy on including her. She's had a strong year and she'll make the final ballot, I'm sure. But I still didn't have her on my list. I probably would have if it wasn't for bias...

no specific order here:

1. Arisa Nakajima

Nakajima has had some stellar matches this year. I think it says alot that my only negative for her year is that she should be having more matches. But I honestly haven't been disappointed with a single match from Nakajima this year and I think she's put herself in line to have a great 2018 if she can continue. It's a biased vote, definitely, but whatever. I'll take quality over quantity.

2. Yoko Bito

Probably another biased vote but Bito has had quite a good year that's flown under the radar - I think she's known for a long time that she was planning to retire this year and has stepped it up. Noticeably after Kairi's departure but she has had a strong year all around. Again, very little negatives... other than the GP final vs Toni being a massive letdown.

3. Risa Sera

Already explained but Sera was given the belt at the end of last year in what felt like a passing of the torch moment. She's flourished as Ace and has shown herself to be the person to carry Ice Ribbon forward. Whilst you aren't going to get mindblowing match quality, Sera has arguably taken Ice to some new heights. If Ice continues to grow, she deserves a large part of the credit. Not to mention her annual deathmatch ruled.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Thread Information