Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2017 Women's Wrestler Of The Year Ongoing Discussion

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Re: 2017 Women's Wrestler Of The Year Ongoing Discussion

yeah her vs satomura and nakajima were fun. Idk. I guess NJPW on top of other male promotions have been killing it in terms of match quality that the women haven't really stood out greatly for me this year.
    ----

----

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Moon Vulcan S-Mod

Status
      Country                    United States

Hiroyo4Belts has to be the answer at this point.

It has been a pretty weak year for the girls unfortunately though.
    Shoot Shoot Punch Punch Kick Break Your Limbs And Your Face

The soul of Billy Robinson lives on~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator LIGER FEVER)

For A Better WC

Status
      Country                    England

Toni Storm has been having the most consistently good women's matches I've ever seen in Progress the last few chapters against Candice and Laura Di Matteo. I feel like she'd be my #3 right now before the MYC kicks off. Asuka still firmly #1 at this point.

Status

Haven't seen Toni's matches outside of Stardom but she's someone that's very polarising. I've seen people praise her, some criticise her, seems like there are people who like her and some who just don't. She has had good matches and some downright bad ones in the company. I've been a bit sour on her since she faced Blue Nikita last year for her SWA belt. The ending to that match is just a mess. Storm kicked out at one after taking three consecutive finishers from Nikita, hit her three big moves and won. Was ridiculous and no amount of in kayfabe excuses can explain it away. I also think Toni's promos (in Stardom anyway) are really cringy and not good at all... but you don't really need promo skill to get over with the Stardom fans anyway. Especially if you're a good looking foreigner who uses ass based offence.
    ----

----

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Pain does not lie

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by RyuShake Taguchi View Post
    Haven't seen Toni's matches outside of Stardom but she's someone that's very polarising. I've seen people praise her, some criticise her, seems like there are people who like her and some who just don't. She has had good matches and some downright bad ones in the company. I've been a bit sour on her since she faced Blue Nikita last year for her SWA belt. The ending to that match is just a mess. Storm kicked out at one after taking three consecutive finishers from Nikita, hit her three big moves and won. Was ridiculous and no amount of in kayfabe excuses can explain it away. I also think Toni's promos (in Stardom anyway) are really cringy and not good at all... but you don't really need promo skill to get over with the Stardom fans anyway. Especially if you're a good looking foreigner who uses ass based offence.
    I mean who doesn't like ass based offence? Stardom fans love it and from the Progress showw I've seen with her involved they like it as well. She doesn't always get to wrestle top flight talent in Stardom, that will change in the GP hopefully, but yeah Ed is right she's been pretty money lately. I liked her match with Laura Di Matteo way more than Candice from Progress for sure.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Status

She wrestles the same people that everyone else does in Stardom. I just, dunno, she's sometimes good and she's sometimes absolutely rotten. It's like for every good performance there's a really shit one just around the corner. And according to some, she's also a contributing factor in why Io Shirai isn't in the WWE since it was her sloppy piledriver that fucked up Io's neck I guess that depends if you believe if that part of their match was a work or not but I think Io said that was when the neck injury happened. But I'm not sure if Io would have had her medical in WWE by then? I assume no.

I think Toni has a good chance to stand out in the GP, though. But I think KLR might outshine her. They've both definitely got a chance at having some great matches with Kyouna, HZK, Io and Konami in their block. Don't forget the ring technician Mandy Leon too.

I really can't think of anyone from Stardom to really say is in the running this year. Stardom just hasn't been that entertaining this year compared to other promotions. Hopefully picks it up towards the end of the year.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 08-14-2017 at 10:23 PM.
    ----

----

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Thread Information