Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: WWE Backlash 2017 Discussion

Shit Into The Fire

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    England

Re: WWE Backlash 2017 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    I'd love to see him get a feud with AJ just to see if a good match can get dragged out of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    AJ vs Jinder is something I'd be up for.
    AJ and Jinder had a 15 minute match on last week's Smackdown and it wasn't that good. I think Jinder may have had the worst Cesaro WWE match I've ever seen too a couple months ago at Fastlane.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    He does to be fair by a lot of people but for me it's go away heat.
    What other real heat is there these days? I can think of an exception from NXT TakeOver but for the most part, actual genuine heat has to be 'go away heat' now.

We know and appreciate too much about wrestling to outright boo the greatest performers, regardless of their character alignment. Only schlubs like Jinder Mahal that people don't want to see succeed over others they deem more deserving can generate actual heat.

Heat in 2017 is a whole other beast.

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sayer View Post
    The one thing I'll say about Jinder is that they've finally got a heel on top that gets legit heat.
    He was getting cheered by a large portion of the Chicago crowd. I swear they were trolling Vince because it's such an obvious old-school, racist bullshit, booking move on his part that people just decided to get behind the guy. That and Orton is so naturally unlikeable and dull most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kassius HoHo View Post
    Now I like to call Jinder Mahal Juicy Juice with love, if he was juicing he would of gotten caught by now just putting that out there.
    Jinder's juicing. The acne all over his chest and back, the bulging veins, the man tits he's developed - all classic signs of steroid use. How he's getting away with it, I don't know, but he's definitely been on the juice if he isn't still.

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    What other real heat is there these days? I can think of an exception from NXT TakeOver but for the most part, actual genuine heat has to be 'go away heat' now.

We know and appreciate too much about wrestling to outright boo the greatest performers, regardless of their character alignment. Only schlubs like Jinder Mahal that people don't want to see succeed over others they deem more deserving can generate actual heat.

Heat in 2017 is a whole other beast.
    ...and even that's not working like it used to because half of Chicago decided to cheer for him. Which I actually loved. Vince decided to pushed the jacked up foreigner and cash in on the current atmosphere (globally, of course, but specifically in America) with regards to people that look like Jinder and get some actual, consistent heat and that lasted about three weeks and then the crowd just decided to say "Fuck it!" and got behind the guy. That many people cheering a man who's been presented as nothing but a heel for months and has turned up his heel rhetoric in the last few weeks amuses me greatly, especially because Vince's hand-picked face of the future is getting boo'd out of every building he enters and (seemingly) everyone but Vince can see that a short heel run will fix that damage but he resfuses to do it, and now he pushes an out of nowhere foreign heel to the top and people cheer; that's pretty fucking wonderful.

I hope Jinder gets a "You deserve it!" chant on SmackDown during his obligatory celebration.

I found Backlash to be a decent show overall to be honest. More meat to it than Payback I felt and nothing offensively bad from my perspective. TakeOver stole the weekend though and of the three WWE Network specials Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I think this was the least enjoyable - granted, the other two were shorter and I was more invested in them, but still.

Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr

Spoiler:

In Loving Memory
    Daryl Takahashi
    "The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you have burned so very very brightly"

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Do fans open their mouths and put their hands behind their heads because they're genuinely that shocked or because they know if they do it long enough they'll get a closeup?

I love the number of people they showed just laughing at the result of Jinder winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Not really getting the Jinder criticism. Isn't the whole point that he's on a fluke run and that anything can happen? Him not being that good yet being world champion is exactly the point of that. I hope they go full blown UFC simulation mode and have a segment where USADA show up at his door at 5am for some screening and he hides from them. Would be a fantastic way of explaining how he isn't getting popped. And it's quality heel material since you know he's a cheating fuck and he's on his insane run because he's roided beyond belief.

Spoiler:

Tranquilo!

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

I've watched up till AJ/Owens and i think imma call it a night right there. Harper/Rowan does nothing for me and my friend accidentally spoiled Jinders win for me earlier which in hindsight is a blessing in disguise because it means I don't feel the pressure to actually sit down and watch it just so i won't be spoiled. As a whole from what i saw the show was meh. Ziggler/Nak was solid, as was Corbin/Zayn & Owens/AJ. Nothing amazing but decent enough. The womens match and the tag match were garbage for the most part. Kinda want Breeze to just be allowed to wrestler and not worry about being a comedy character because he's actually a pretty good wrestler for the most part. On one side at least he's in the spotlight but man i wish he was in the spotlight for better reasons.

Now it's always good to see WWE push newer talent, but if you are going to push said talent then do it for the right reasons and actually make an effort to do it properly. Jinder has zero reedeming qualities about him and he's been given no time to actually build on those qualities. He's not good in the ring, he's not good on the mic, he's not exactly got much charisma...there is literally nothing worthwhile about the guy to make him into a big deal. The fact that they are only doing this because of the expansion into India is hilariously short sighted.

I could at least get behind it if they built him up for at least a few months before the draft. Even from the Rumble. But pre the #1 contenders match he had 2 single wins since August and both of those were against guys who were also bottom of the barrel superstars in terms of WWE placement. You can't wait a star in 6 weeks, it doesn't happen. What happens when they get bored and decide to cool it once they've broken into the market a little bit? does he just go back to being nothing? Just poor booking decisions that seem "ballsy"

RED

Status
      Country                    Greece

And there I was while watching the main event of Backlash, creating a scenario in my head where Sami Zayn won the #1 Contender's match on SD and defeated Orton for the title at Backlash with Orton turning heel the next Tuesday and their feud ending at SummerSlam with Sami going over.

Alas, I was brought back to reality when Orton jumped backwards to give Mahal the victory with my friend then trying to ruin my life with a theory of John Cena coming back to defeat the evil Maharaja at SummerSlam and win his 17th World title. Yeah.

#WC4Horsemen

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulShake View Post
    Not really getting the Jinder criticism.
    Yeah you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Pony Mod

Status
      Country                    Australia

The highlight of Backlash was Aiden English and his amazing tights on the kickoff. Forget the rest of the show, Aiden English is the MVP for those Van Gogh’s Starry Night tights. I hope he wears different artwork on his tights every PPV. Van Gogh’s Starry Night here, Da Vinchi’s Mona Lisa there, that Salvador Dali painting with the melting clocks at some point. What a guy. Forget Jinder, push Aiden to the moon, get into that 'struggling artist' market.

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB

Status

Those tights were spectacular. I love the Dali idea. The Mona Lisa might be a little too Rick Rude with her face on his ass/crotch but I definitely love the idea of multiple pairs of tights decorated with different well known works of art. I marked for the "Starry Night" tights. Reminded me of one of my favourite Doctor Who episodes.

Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr

Spoiler:

In Loving Memory
    Daryl Takahashi
    "The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you have burned so very very brightly"

Intercontinental Champion

Status

Late to the Maharaja's title party. I wanted to do a long post on Monday morning but didn't have the time, very busy with work. Jinder Mahal goes from jobber to WWE champion. Shocking moment. Not sure what to make of this. I don't hate Jinder Mahal. I like the Indian stable but Mahal winning the WWE Title is one of the worst booking decisions in WWE history. However it's also hilarious that Jinder is the WWE champion.

I never saw Jinder Mahal as WWE Champion material and I always saw him as a career jobber. Hated it when JBL became champ more than Mahal winning the title. Never expected Orton to lose the title. Wish I didn't check the Backlash results. It seemed obvious that most of the results especially the main event was predictable with Orton retaining.

How many matches has Jinder won since his return? He even lost a match to El Torito which I think was in his previous run. Not sure if Jinder's ever won a singles match on ppv before winning the WWE Title. They should have built him up with a few ppv wins before winning the belt.

My interest in wrestling has dropped a lot but I still check out clips of Raw/SD/205 Live on YouTube. Enjoyed Jinder's title celebration though on Smackdown.

If they wanted to create a new main eventer, they should have had Luke Harper beat AJ Styles in the #1 contenders match they had back in late Feb. Then Shane makes a triple threat match between Orton, Harper and Wyatt at WM. Orton wins the title at WM. Harper then beats Orton for the belt at Backlash.

I don't expect Mahal to hold the belt too long, probably loses the belt back to Orton at MITB. Or Cena returns to end Mahal's reign. Hopefully the MITB winner ends Mahal's reign.
    Last edited by Kintaro; 05-25-2017 at 07:39 PM.

Thread Information