Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2017 Heel Of The Year Ongoing Discussion

Booty Nights

Status

2017 Heel Of The Year Ongoing Discussion

Revival but sadly they are gonna be off our tvs for awhile so I'll say Miz he's been so ok fire even in his role as Cena's jobber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For A Better WC

Status
      Country                    England

Re: 2017 Heel Of The Year Ongoing Discussion

The Miz still deserves some credit for those incredible Cena promos, but a year on Raw might be too much of an anchor to help him win this again.

Should probably throw a nomination the way of Will Ospreay who's tried very hard to give a new edge to his character to be more than a flippy guy with his work in Progress and What Culture. It comes off more forced than Pete Dunne, but he does get heat.

Cheese!

Status

Roman Reigns. None of the actual heels in pro wrestling are as heelish or generate the sort of heat he does. Other than him maybe Corbin, possibly Strowman but is he a face or what? WWE's relentless Super Roman push has really screwed up the heel-face dynamic. Neville warrants a mention.

If KO would stop sucking up to the fans and fishing for cheers and chants constantly he'd be a decent shout, at this point Miz isn't in the discussion for me. He's entertaining, but hes not really doing anything heelish this year. Its hard to be dastardly and conniving when all you do is job to Dean and Cena all year long.

Thanks to Jabberwocky for the amazing Gabrielle gif

The Cult of Mayu Iwatani

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    If KO would stop sucking up to the fans and fishing for cheers and chants constantly he'd be a decent shout, at this point Miz isn't in the discussion for me. He's entertaining, but hes not really doing anything heelish this year. Its hard to be dastardly and conniving when all you do is job to Dean and Cena all year long.
    He has always done that though, even in ring of honor when he was trying to kill the company he always had the support and he went with it.

Cheese!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Carrick 16 View Post
    He has always done that though, even in ring of honor when he was trying to kill the company he always had the support and he went with it.
    That doesn't change my opinion of it, especially when he does regularly get talked up as a GOAT heel. Heels shouldn't constantly be sucking up to the fans like he does, its one of the stupidest things he could do, and thats on top of shaving his beard so he now looks like an Accountant.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    Roman Reigns. None of the actual heels in pro wrestling are as heelish or generate the sort of heat he does. Other than him maybe Corbin, possibly Strowman but is he a face or what?
    Of course not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Strowman's more over and adored than every other face on the Raw roster right now. He's supposed to be a heel, but why would you ever boo a guy so awesome?
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Cheese!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Ecstasy View Post
    Of course not.
    Its not that clear cut though, he's feuding with a face who gets heel reactions, and Braun himself gets the biggest pops of anyone on Raw. Everyone loves it when he wrecks jobbers, and his confrontations with Taker and Brock were met with cheers. There comes a point where the fans turn a guy.

But this is the issue with WWE's refusal to relent on the Super Reigns push it just leads to heels getting babyface reactions on top of Roman getting booed out of every arena he's in.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Yeah, he's obviously a heel that gets positive reactions. He attacks people randomly and brutalises his opponents and then backs down from real competition (even though he's always demanding it) from guys like Taker and Lesnar. It's not intentional for fans to like him, it's just because WWE are clueless when it comes to booking Roman.

You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

You can be cheered and still be a heel. Heels can be villainous in their actions but cheered because of what they represent or because they have ideals that the crowd connect with.

Strowman could literally murder Roman Reigns in cold blood and get cheered. Clearly, he'd be a bad guy if he did that but the crowd would cheer cause it means no more Reigns.

Crowds are too smart nowadays and cheer good character work rather than giving the correct crowd responses. Eventually heels are going to end up shitty because all the good heels will be cheered and turned face.

As for this award, I'll be stunned if Naito doesn't end up in the mix. He has been on fire forever as a heel. Gives no fucks whatsoever. Gets cheered but is very clearly a massive heel.
    ----

----

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Ive always 100% seen it as alignment HAS ABSOLUTELY NO CORRELATION with reaction. Alignment is behavior and actions. Its what you do. Its not what other people think or dont think of you. People love Joker, hes not a good guy/face because of that. When you start saying that peoples alignments depends on reaction then youre making things needlessly complicated and just killing alignments from the get go because everyone will have different reactions to whichever guy. I could just vote Okada here because I dont like him so hes a heel now.

stressed but chillin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Darling Nicky View Post
    This is not a good character but I don't see it lasting long tbh.

Neville's doing really good work as well. This heel turn not only revitalized Neville's position in the company but he's really help anchor the Cruiserweight division to be watchable. Probably my number two after Pete Dunne.
    Speaking of the cruiserweights, Perkins may be worth a mention now. So far he is excelling in his super douche role and has a punchable face to boot.

Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainC View Post
    Speaking of the cruiserweights, Perkins may be worth a mention now. So far he is excelling in his super douche role and has a punchable face to boot.
    That theme and entrance video gets heat from me too.
    -------
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Last Real Man Hype

Status

I'm cool with the entrance. But why dabbing got him a face pop, I never understood.

The Cult of Mayu Iwatani

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

This is probably a very weird candidabt by what about Zack Gibson with his liverpool's number one gimmick, it gets a lot of heat and good heat as well

[Blank Space]

Status
      Country                    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Carrick 16 View Post
    This is probably a very weird candidabt by what about Zack Gibson with his liverpool's number one gimmick, it gets a lot of heat and good heat as well
    Pushed for him last year. It's great no doubt but he needs more eyes on him

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Half way mark for heels:

1. Pete Dunne - what more can I say about this guy? He's a smug little prick that constantly excels in pushing buttons. Him becoming UK champ and working for the WWE has made things even more dastardly and he's one of the only performers to tribute HHH effectively.

2. Neville - highlight of every show he's on and he's a textbook desperate champion

3. Trent Seven - Wanted to go with the Miz who knocked it out of the park with the Cena feud and does well in the Ambrose feud but with like most acts with hot valets, WWE booking makes you feel more sympathetic for the heel than you do the face. Trent's really shined this year as a part of BSS. That promo on night one for the Strong Style tournament was a class promo and of course the crowd erupts when he eats shit some seconds after. Might be one of my favorite moments in wrestling this year.

Bobby Roode has also been fantastic and I wouldn't be surprised if he worked his way into my noms at the end of the year.
    -------
    -------

Thread Information