Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Ray Leppan Memorial Award Ongoing Discussion (Worst Wrestler of the Year)

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: 2017 Ray Leppan Memorial Award Ongoing Discussion (Worst Wrestler of the Year)

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Can I nominate Jinder Mahal 3 times?
    Jinder's bad but I'm honestly starting to lean towards Dolph Ziggler. I'm starting to think "guy who claims he's the best in-ring performer constantly having the worst match on the card" trolls me harder than Mahal right now.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Yooooo Mang

Status

Re: 2017 Ray Leppan Memorial Award Ongoing Discussion (Worst Wrestler of the Year)

Yeah Ziegler is the shit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I know he’s not completely terrible and might be a stretch for this award, but since returning to New Japan this year, Minoru Suzuki has had two of the absolute worst matches I have seen this year (the lumberjack match vs. Elgin at Destruction and the Bullrope match against Yano at Power Struggle), had a lackluster G1 tournament, and I honestly have no desire to watch any of his defenses in the near future because ten time out of ten, I know what I’m going to get. I feel like it’s a slight disservice if he’s not mentioned here and he’ll probably be in my nominations by voting time.
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Darling Nicky View Post
    I know he’s not completely terrible and might be a stretch for this award, but since returning to New Japan this year, Minoru Suzuki has had two of the absolute worst matches I have seen this year (the lumberjack match vs. Elgin at Destruction and the Bullrope match against Yano at Power Struggle), had a lackluster G1 tournament, and I honestly have no desire to watch any of his defenses in the near future because ten time out of ten, I know what I’m going to get. I feel like it’s a slight disservice if he’s not mentioned here and he’ll probably be in my nominations by voting time.
    I don't think it's that far a stretch because his negatives outweigh his positives and you end up with a lot of bad matches, but what takes him out of consideration for me is that 2nd Okada match is phenomenal so there's still that 5% chance you might see something really good out of him and if they changed up his booking that % would be higher. The Suzuki-Gun interference means you always have the possibility any match of his will break down into nonsense, and because he's still the leader of the group, they have to book him somewhat strongly so he's involved in a lot of title matches. Really at 49 years old he should be moved down the card now to the level of Tenzan, Nagata, Kojima, Liger etc, but he isn't and it exposes him.

Jinder and Bray are 2 of my 3 and that won't change, but Suzuki might just nick that #3 spot. It's a good shout.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Maybe Suzuki won’t get that nomination from me after all.

Because I was reminded Pagano exists.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Egypt

Pagano barely should even qualify as a wrestler and he's technically the worst of anyone but I will say this: In México he's a talented promo and someone who has a star presence. It's better he gets compared to any number of CZW hardcore guys over the years. Much like those guys, he's absolutely atrocious.

Suzuki is horrible and there's nobody who I think has had a worse push (maybe Bray) but Ed is right that the 2nd Okada match is a standout of G1 and if he were in a Nagata role he wouldn't be nearly as good as Nagata but also better than he is now and not as bad as the Jinder & Bray types.

I'll probably go with Bray. Jinder is a very poor wrestler but he doesn't make me embarrassed to watch the way Bray does. Pagano would be #2 and then Jinder.
    Angels in Flight~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Scumbag Role Model

Status

1. Jinder Mahal - it’s obvious and I just can’t defend the guy. He started noticeably awful and finished quiterer but still noticeably bad. The quality of a pretty good wrestling show had a major dip in quality when his push became the center point. Very bland main events, very bland segments. One of the worst forced pushes in wrestling history.

2. Bray Wyatt - his most painful year. The dirt worst segments of his illustriosly wrestlecrappy career. Hilarious feud with Randy and a painfully long Balor feud that wouldn’t have never ended if it wasn’t for mumps.

3. Pagano - he’s worst than your average deathmatch guy to me. Responsible for two extremely terrible matches and just noticeably horrible. He stands out way too much to not be excused.

Also considering: Enzo Amore, Dolph Ziggler, Baron Corbin, Grado, Abyss, Minoru Suzuki, Joseph Connors, Bram
    -------
    Spoiler:

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

Wyatt vs Balor would had ended eventually. At WM 35

Mahal is the winner of this. Indisputable.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Last Real Man Hype

Status

I still think we should wait and see where this Jinder thing is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

I think I'm going to vote for Triple H as my number 1. Everything he touches is toxic and embarrassing and he put on arguably the worst performance of the year in the Survivor Series match, then had the audacity to just stroll in and beat the man they've spent months trying to make SPECIFICALLY FOR HIS HOME COUNTRY ON THAT SHOW just for kicks. As bad as Bray and Jinder are, at least they're trying and just not talented. Trips could spare us all if he wasn't such an insufferable egomaniac. And there's time for more of his masturbatory bullshit segments where he buries someone like Jordan again without any repercussions. The most overpushed and overrated wrestler of the year as always. Way to go to take back your crown, king

1. Triple H
    2. Bray Wyatt
    3. Jinder Mahal
    Angels in Flight~

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

Did someone say Triple H?

Completely forgot about Hunter. But still, thankfully he had only two matches this year, granted they were both awful but still, nothing and I mean NOTHING beats Mahal.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status

I usually don’t like to nominate someone for this because I usually don’t find anyone particularly bad, but Baron Corbin would have to be my number one choice I find him to be dull as dirt and his promos are no better either.

Dumpster fire is most accurate description of him, thank you John Cena.
    Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

I'm not gonna hate on Triple H as a nomination, he's been awful again, but I think there's been some giant turds all year round that deserve this award.

1) Jinder Mahal - There were other factors like losing Talking Smack, Miz and Ambrose and Owens coming over and destorying AJ's momentum out of Wrestlemania, but I do credit Jinder as the #1 reason why Smackdown stopped being required viewing. If I was to rank the wrestlers on Smackdown from worst to best, Jinder would be right down on the floor along with Corbin, Tamina and Lana, and this guy got to be WWE Champion and stink up ppv after ppv because of his nationality. The Jinder project leaves behind no good matches and no memorable promos, but hopefully he'll pick up this award to put the cherry on his career best year.

2) Baron Corbin - He's shit, but at least he's only slotted in a US title spot so you know you only have to endure his matches for 10 minutes, and sometimes they can pair him off with interesting opponents like AJ Styles or Tye Dillinger, and the little program with Cena was enjoyable even though the SS match wasn't really good.

3) Kevin Owens - Not joking. Kev' got to work with a lot of top wrestlers this year and other than the Reigns ppv match right back at the start of the year and the spectacle HIAC with Shane, I think he's put in mediocre performance after mediocre performance. If I compare Bray Wyatt for example to KO, I can at least say that the Elimination Chamber, the 3 way with Cena and AJ and a few of the Balor matches were good or more accurately better than I expected them to be and I'd go as far as to say the first half of House of Horrors is just as entertaining as the HIAC with Shane. KO just doesn't have that many performances where it looks like he's trying. How can you have THAT many matches with AJ Styles and not produce anything really good? Jinder and Corbin have had better matches with AJ Styles than KO. Then you add in his awful 'Face of America' character whilst he was the US Champion and the shit keeps piling up. I don't think you have to be actively bad to be nominated for this, but to be actively under-performing this much, you're gonna get noticed by me.

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

KO has had a bad year, he turned from my favorite wrestler to someone who I don't want to see wrestle. I wouldn't call him the worst of the year but he certainly hasn't been good. Other the HITC, his matches have not interested me. You're right, he has been mediocre. I think he would be suited to the biggest fall of grace.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Man, I thought Trips was a hot take. I remember when we were doing that 2015 list and you were selling those Owens/Cena matches as MOTYCs and I felt bad because I just thought Owens was no good. (Cena too in those matches) This year it's really telling that out of everyone, Owens is the one person on the roster including Jinder who AJ had his worst matches with. Much like Rollins on Raw I think Owens has a big reputation for weird reasons that nobody can really explain because even his fans think his stuff is usually no good, but Rollins had a great storyline and a few big tag matches to prop him up. Owens, despite also usually I am in total agreement with what Ed said, he also has undoubtedly helped carry Smackdown with this Shane storyline for months now and there is a certain charm to Zayn being with him with AJ stuck in a boring Jinder feud. I think he has been excellent in terms of pure character work, and much like Jericho earlier in the year, despite the in-ring not being there I can't say he has been a negative to his show these last couple of months. To me there are others on that same show I would put ahead of him in terms of an "overrated" vote. What about Orton, Nakamura, Roode? They're all equally as bad and don't have any mic work or character stuff on the level of Owens.

God SD really is a terrible show, these guys and Corbin are the main guys surrounding AJ who keeps being wasted. Shane's the best worker he's feuded with all year.

(also if this award is just about in-ring then I take back my statement and then go back to "he can't even have good matches with AJ")
    Angels in Flight~

Rusev Day Smod

Status

I just can’t look past Jinder for this. No redeeming qualities at all and just sucked the life out of anything he was part of. Even AJ struggled to get a good match out of him.

Do agree that Owens has had a bad year but I think there has been a lot worse.
    Twitter: @LukeGardener82 | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Status

I still think Owens has some good in him but he's lucky that his down year happened in the same year Jinder and Bray had legendarily bad ones, and I'd really like to see a big uptick from him in 2018.

Triple H seems like an overly hot take since he had two whole matches this year (and I really didn't hate the Rollins match). His SS performance merits attention for Wrestlecrap of the Year maybe but I can't justify him even being in this conversation.
    Last edited by Silk; 12-10-2017 at 01:49 PM.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

MACHKA

Status
      Country                    Russian Federation

Kevin Owens is a great shout. Dude fucking blows, can't get behind anything he does and that's not through choice. I want to like Kevin Owens and be impressed with him but he's always a big stinkin' meh for me.

Altho, in comparison to Jinder and Bray ... yeah, he probably shouldn't be mentioned for this.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Oh god I missed it in Zero’s original post that Trips beat Jinder ahahahahaha. That guy is something else. Getting his revenge on Vince for ruining all his NXT’s projects with Vince’s India project.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I won’t argue against Kevin. I didn’t consider it but this year is probably one of the lowest in his career and he was just really out of form.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Thread Information