Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - April 19th, 2017

Very Important Lobster

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    United States

Re: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - April 19th, 2017

I really liked Jinder winning there. Seems like I'm in the minority, but you gotta create new stars, right? This is giving Jinder valuable time to develop his character and get time to shine. Everybody always complains about things being too predictable, and the same guys being on top, then when wwe actually gives something different it gets shit on. I'm willing to give it a try, and see what Jinder is capable of. Maybe he'll be a dud, or maybe he'll show a lot of promise, but you never know until you give him a chance.

#Don'tHinderTheJinder #Maharaja #GOAT

Shit Into The Fire

Status
      Country                    England

Bro I take those points on board but They aren't really creating a new star though, they're creating a fall guy because Smackdown doesn't have enough top level heels. I predict Jinder won't even be on the Summerslam main show I'm that confident this is just a one month push and Orton will beat him in convincing fashion.

We won't know for sure until we see it, but All I know about Jinder in the ring is that he isn't impressive and there isn't much evidence to suggest a long match with Orton will be good. I think he had the worst singles match with Cesaro at Fastlane that I think Cesaro has ever had for WWE.

Pony Mod

Status
      Country                    Australia

If we're looking for upper-card heels, Baron Corbin is right there. Hell, Erick Rowan, as low-card as he is, ended a segment last week standing tall over Randy Orton, which gives him a lot more respectability than Jinder Mahal. Would've tied in with Randy's Wyatt issues too. There's also Ziggler, but he may or may not be in a thing with Shinsuke. And Rusev, who's unfortunately still out on injury. And that's if we absolutely only want Randall to face a heel.

[Blank Space]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    They gotta be touring Indian or expanding there soon or some shit to justify pushing this POS
    Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

They've just opened a WWE shop in India

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Saw Big Dave speculate that Jinder is receiving a push that was destined for Rusev. Jinder got it on the basis of bring a foreigner the crowd can hate.

Makes sense to me

Spoiler:

POWERFUL RANGERS

Zero
    Silk
    Shake
    Benwah
    HoHo

Scumbag Role Model

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.
      Country                    United States

I was under the assumption that Jinder was blackmailing the company, like he had a picture of Vince and Kevin Dunn double team raping the Anthem Owl or something.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

BRAAAAAAUN!

Status

Bro I take those points on board but They aren't really creating a new star though, they're creating a fall guy because Smackdown doesn't have enough top level heels. I predict Jinder won't even be on the Summerslam main show I'm that confident this is just a one month push and Orton will beat him in convincing fashion.

We won't know for sure until we see it, but All I know about Jinder in the ring is that he isn't impressive and there isn't much evidence to suggest a long match with Orton will be good. I think he had the worst singles match with Cesaro at Fastlane that I think Cesaro has ever had for WWE.
    The issue with Jinder is that it comes with no build to it. He was a jobber in his first run, returned to WWE and has done nothing but job. He was squashed by Mojo in a couple of minutes just last week. Its always good to see new faces pushed in WWE, their Main Event scene is so boring and played out with only a select few people ever getting a look in thesedays, but there's a right and a wrong way to create new stars. Jobbing a guy out for years then just pretending no one remembers that over night isn't it. Give him a few wins to build him up, he should have beat Mojo, hell he should have beat Balor on Raw to give him a rub. This is like if they randomly just gave Brooklyn Brawler a WWF PPV Title feud out of nowhere back in the day.

Thanks to Jabberwocky for the amazing Gabrielle gif

Scumbag Role Model

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.
      Country                    United States

Brooklyn Brawler was at least good at his job.

I don't expect Jinder to be any stronger or believable in a month's time.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

|Hustle|Loyalty|Respect|

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sayer View Post
    Tyler Breeze tapped out to Nikki Bella. I'll take Jinder.
    Sexist.

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Ecstasy View Post
    Call me crazy, call me a pervert. But I don't think it's a good idea to push someone just because you told them to bump for a celebrity and fans think he's shit. Oh, and he injured one of your top guys too.

Not only that, he utterly failed to stand out in a match that should've been built around putting him over for that result.
    I'm not saying I like it, I'm saying I get the logic behind it. I think the worst part about all of this is the timing. Last week he concussed Finn, this week he's number one contender; it sucks and it's kind of insulting to Balor in particular but the whole roster in general, especially when you consider they tried this with Jinder once before on a smaller scale in NXT and it didn't work then, even with a much better and more logical build.

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    I must have been watching WWE too long because I'm not even moderately offended by this. Jinder seems like a typical place holder challenger while they build up other people to get ready for meaningful title programs. We'll get one shitty main event out of it and nothing else. No harm, no foul.
    It reminds me a lot of Hardcore Holly's shot at the title against Brock, just without the mildly interesting back story. I hate to hope for a guy to get buried (unless it's Alex Riley) but this is also smelling a lot like JBL's sudden gimmick change and main event push and while many people look at that with rose-tinted glasses these days, that was the absolute shit's from my perspective and I hated every minute of it; not in a "I'll pay to see him lose" way, but in a "I'm turning off my TV" way - if this goes in that direction we could be in for a rough few months...

Not that Orton as champion is all that much better, but I'll take the devil I know thanks.

Shit Into The Fire

Status
      Country                    England

Thank you RaiZ, I couldn't remember for the life of me what Orton/Mahal was reminding me of in terms of a lop-sided, shocking WWE title match booked for a pay-per-view, and it was Lesnar/Holly.

I also forgot to mention, how fucking terrible was Charlotte's line 'Shane and Bryan must just sit around all day watching The Fast and The Furious boxsets, while I'm getting fastly furious' - fire that damn writer.

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB

Status

Thank you RaiZ, I couldn't remember for the life of me what Orton/Mahal was reminding me of in terms of a lop-sided, shocking WWE title match booked for a pay-per-view, and it was Lesnar/Holly.
    You're welcome Mr. Ed. That always sticks out to me as an amusing footnote in wrestling history because Holly getting a title shot was ridiculous to me back then.

On further reflection, taking into account WWE's push into India and the involvement of the Bollywood Boys in this angle, I'm seeing a JBL style push for Mahal on SmackDown. He might not win the belt but I don't think this is going to be the one-and-done scenario we're all hoping it'll be.

Thread Information