Thread: NJPW Wrestling Toyonokuni/Wrestling Dontaku 2017

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

NJPW NJPW Wrestling Toyonokuni/Wrestling Dontaku 2017

Cards have been released. Included Road to Wrestling Dontaku on April 27th at Hiroshima as it seems to be an important card.

Road to Wrestling Dontaku
    (begins at 6.30pm Local time, 5.30am Eastern US, 10.30am UK)
    Thursday, April 27th 2017
    Hiroshima Green Arena Sub Arena, Hiroshima

Six Man Tag Match
    Hirai Kawato, Jushin Thunder Liger & Tomoyuki Oka vs Katsuya Kitamura, Shota Umino & Tiger Mask IV

Six Man Tag Match
    CHAOS (Jado, Toru Yano & Will Ospreay) vs Suzuki-gun (El Desperado, TAKA Michinoku & Takashi Iizuka)

Six Man Tag Match
    David Finlay & Tencozy (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima) vs Bullet Club (Chase Owens, Tama Tonga & Tanga Roa)

IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Title Match
    Suzuki-gun (Taichi & Yoshinobu Kanemaru) (c) vs Roppongi Vice (Beretta & Rocky Romero)

Ten Man Tag Match
    Hiroshi Tanahashi, Juice Robinson, Ricochet, Ryusuke Taguchi & YOSHITATSU vs Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI, EVIL, Hiromu Takahashi, SANADA & Tetsuya Naito)

Six Man Tag Match
    CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI) vs Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Kenny Omega & Yujiro Takahashi)

Main Event - NEVER Openweight Title Match
    Hirooki Goto (c) vs Minoru Suzuki

----

Wrestling Toyonokuni 2017

(begins at 5pm Local time, 4am Eastern US, 9am UK)
    Saturday, April 29th 2017
    Beppu Beacon Plaza,
    Beppu, Ōita

Six Man Tag Match
    Hirai Kawato, Jushin Thunder Liger& Tomoyuki Ota vs Katsuya Kitamura, Shota Umino & Tiger Mask IV

Six Man Tag Match
    CHAOS (Beretta, Jado & Rocky Romero) vs Suzuki-gun (El Desperado, Taichi & Yoshinobu Kanemaru)

Tag Match
    Ryusuke Taguchi & YOSHITATSU vs Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI & SANADA)

Six Man Tag Match

David Finlay & Tencozy (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima) vs Bullet Club (Tama Tonga, Tanga Roa & Yujiro Takahashi)

Six Man Tag Match
    CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Will Ospreay & YOSHI-HASHI) vs Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, TAKA Michinoku & Takashi Iizuka)

Six Man Tag Match

CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano) vs Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Chase Owens & Kenny Omega)

IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title Match
    Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs Ricochet

Special Singles Match
    Hiroshi Tanahashi vs EVIL

Main Event - IWGP Intercontinental Title Match
    Tetsuya Naito (c) vs Juice Robinson

----

Wrestling Dontaku 2017

(begins at 5pm Local time, 4am Eastern US, 9am UK)
    Wednesday, May 3rd 2017
    Fukuoka Convention Center, Fukuoka

Pre-Show Tag Match
    Hirai Kawato & YOSHITATSU vs Katsuya Kitamura & Tomoyuki Oka

Tag Match
    CHAOS (Will Ospreay & YOSHI-HASHI) vs Bullet Club (Chase Owens & Yujiro Takahashi)

Six Man Tag Match
    Tiger Mask IV, Tiger Mask W & Togi Makabe vs Jushin Thunder Liger, Manabu Nakanishi & Yuji Nagata

Ten Man Tag Match
    CHAOS (Beretta, Hirooki Goto, Jado, Rocky Romero & Toru Yano) vs Suzuki-gun (El Desperado, Minoru Suzuki, Taichi, Takashi Iizuka & Yoshinobu Kanemaru)

Singles Match
    David Finlay vs Cody

Tag Match
    Juice Robinson & KUSHIDA vs Los Ingobernables de Japon (Hiromu Takahashi & Tetsuya Naito)

Three Way IWGP Heavyweight Tag Title Match

War Machine (Hanson & Raymond Rowe) (c) vs Tencozy (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima) vs Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Roa)

NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Title Match

Taguchi Japan (Hiroshi Tanahashi, Ricochet & Ryusuke Taguchi) (c) vs Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI, EVIL & SANADA)

Special Singles Match
    Tomohiro Ishii vs Kenny Omega

Main Event - IWGP Heavyweight Title Match
    Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Bad Luck Fale

----

Some solid cards here... excited for the NJ Cup rematches and pretty much all the title bouts minus Suzuki-gun's. Could be a great set of shows. Let's see if Okada can keep his streak of mindblowing title defence main events alive. If he gets an epic match out of Fale then he's even more GOAT-y than I thought. YOSHITATSU is back! Also intrigued to see how Cody gets on. Quietly becoming a big fan.

Guessing we're getting Okada vs Omega at Dominion. Tanahashi to challenge Naito again if Naito succeeds here.

Katsuyori Shibata will be absent from these shows as he had surgery for a subdural hematoma and will need time to recover. This is likely a result of his bout with Kazuchika Okada at Sakura Genesis... which is MUST SEE.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 04-10-2017 at 07:51 AM.
    ----

----

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Status

Re: NJPW Wrestling Toyonokuni/Wrestling Dontaku 2017

Suzuki beat the everloving fuck out of Goto.

And I can see people not being too happy about the amount of damage to the head Goto took. Is what it is.

Taguchi Japan vs LIJ continues to be fun as fuck as always. RPG Vice looked great too.

At this point, Dominion could be a lot of WK rematches. No issue with that. Hyped.
    ----

----

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

BTB Legend

Status

Comments

I’d have liked the main event a whole lot more if it wasn’t a showcase for the Americanised bullshit that I hate and that it also showed that New Japan and/or its wrestlers have either wilfully ignored or just been too dense to learn the lessons that the fate of Katsuyori Shibata should have taught them. Even without the fact that Shibata had, just weeks ago, suffered a subdural haematoma that required surgery and has likely ended his career, chairshots to the head in this day and age are just too dumb for words. The fact that New Japan keep doing them, especially in the wake of Shibata’s brain injury, is depressing because it shows they’re either burying their heads in the sand or they’re just unable to grasp the facts as it relates to concussions and brain injuries associated with head trauma.

BTB Newcomer of the Year 2012
    BTB of the Year 2012

Moon Vulcan S-Mod

Status
      Country                    United States

It's not the wrestler's fault. There's no reason to ever have a chair used at all in any matches, letalone the main event. To me I think it's the ultimate trope of a bygone era that I wish would die, particularly in Japanese wrestling. They're fine though and it's gonna continue so I'm not gonna go crazy about it. But more importantly this booking was a heinous act. I question what the point is of any of the last five months of the NEVER Title, because Suzuki, first of all, one of the people I least look forward to watching in Suzuki and his garbage matches. This is a huge step down in quality. Secondly Goto looking like a geek for the zillionth time after one whole show of looking halfway decent at SG. Horrible.

The only way this could turn into a positive is if it's a very short term title reign to get it onto another CHAOS member that they didn't want Goto to face.
    Shoot Shoot Punch Punch Kick Break Your Limbs And Your Face

The soul of Billy Robinson lives on~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator LIGER FEVER)

Status

I think Goto's just doomed to midcard obscurity or being the fall guy. Real shame but I'd guess it has to do with him not being able to get super over in the main event scene or something.

Toyonokuni another good show. Hiromu vs Ricochet was the tits and Naito vs Juice was a big performance from Juice. He's having an excellent year and I want him in the G1 after that. I can't believe I'm a mark for CJ fucking Parker.
    ----

----

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

The Cult of Mayu Iwatani

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

currently watching it starting from the chaos vs bullet club 6 man tag match and saw that there is still two hours left wow. Anyway hope it's a good half of the show

Status

Toyo and Dontaku have both been good shows. I'd put Toyonokuni as just slightly above Dontaku. I think Omega vs Ishii really overshadowed Okada vs Fale... but Okada vs Fale wasn't really bad and it was simple enough, really. Both enjoyable shows for sure.

Ricochet vs Hiromu good fun as always. Naito vs Juice... well Naito made Juice look like a star. And I think we all knew Tana and Omega were getting their wins back vs the dudes that KOed them out of the NJ Cup.

Looks like Okada vs Omega for Dominion. Time for Okada's reign to end, I'm guessing.
    ----

----

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

The Cult of Mayu Iwatani

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

njpw wrestling dontanku

the Kenny omega vs Ishii
    this match was amazing, there were so many near falls and they were the way they should be, big moves like lariats and not finishers. You know that omega brings his a game when he is wearing his main event pants. Ishii was excellent, he selling was awesome even if their was none at times. A hard hitting match which probably would match of the night. I think this is good enough to rate so, for me it's around the 4 and a half star region. I would highly recommend this match to anyone even my mate to HATES omega and the young bucks and finds them too irritating. Great performance by both men, Ishii for Prime Minister.

Bad luck fale vs Kazuchika Okada

this was and alright match of course it wasn't okadas best match but it was but it was one of the better big man matches I've seen which is weird since okada is either taller or the same size as fale. Anyway nothing special about it but it was a main event worthy of wrestling donaku. ALSO OKADA V OMEGA II. SEVEN F'N STARS BAY BABY

now in watched the first quarter of the show which I enjoyed very much especially the tiger mask W match. great show from what I watch of it
    6.5 /10

For A Better WC

Status
      Country                    England

Kenny Omega's now at that point where if you give him a 20 minute slot in a singles match, he's gonna give you a great match. He's really found his groove now as a top heavyweight for NJPW, he wants to make a statement in every big match he has and I find myself looking forward to all his matches that don't involve the Young Bucks now. Another top drawer match with Tomohiro Ishii (although I prefer the March one more), it was 100 mile an hour stuff right from the start but unlike Takahashi/Ricochet it held my attention throughout, not just for the opening 2 mintues. Ishii going for the one winged angel and his reverse rana! Big win to set up the big match with Okada which Big Dave has already given a perfect score to.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Big win to set up the big match with Okada which Big Dave has already given a perfect score to.
    5 stars is perfect so I think you meant to write 'which Big Dave has already given a better-than-perfect score to' since we all know this is going to be better than a measly 5 star match.

I HAVE STARTED STREAMING MY GAME SESSIONS
    ...COME AND CHECK IT OUT IF YOU'RE BORED,OK?

Scumbag Role Model

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.
      Country                    United States

Kenny Omega has really come into form recently and it's mostly due to these perfectly paced Ishii matches. Finally caught the last card and enjoyed Ishii/Omega a great deal, almost as much as the Cup. Hiromu/Ricochet held my attention just fine as well. Hiromu firing on all cylinders right now and would love for him to spoil the BOSJ and win.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Thread Information