Thread: Man United - Change Is Here

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Australia

Man United - Change Is Here

After Louis Van Gaal's disappointing 15/16 EPL campaign, the Manchester United board as changed up their manager, and chosen 20-year-old Declan Dimi to be his successor. Dimi has no prior managerial experience, but the board hopes that he can lead them to an EPL win, with a $71 Million transfer budget as his expense. In a recent interview with the media, he said that he is glad to have been chosen to represent the club, and hopefully, this can be the turning of a new chapter for them. When he was asked about the Darmian to Atletico Madrid rumors, he told the media, "I have spoken to Darmian and he will be my first choice right back for the forthcoming season. The only price I will let him go for is a bid in the region of $30 Million". That ended the press conference.

Manchester United 2016/17 Roster **Will Be Updating With Signings**
    Goalkeepers
    1. David De Gea - 25 - Spain
    2. Sergio Romero - 29 - Argentina
    Right Backs
    1. Matteo Darmian - 26 - Italy
    2. Antonio Valencia - 30 - Ecuador
    Centre Backs
    1. Chris Smalling - 26 - England
    2. Eric Bailly - 22 - Ivory Coast
    3. Daley Blind - 26 - Netherlands
    4. Phil Jones - 24 - England
    5. Marcos Rojo - 26 - Argentina
    Left Backs
    1. Luke Shaw - 20 - England
    Marcos Rojo - 26 - Argentina
    Daley Blind - 26 - Netherlands
    Defensive Midfielders
    1. Bastian Schweinsteiger - 31 - Germany
    2. Michael Carrick - 34 - England
    Centre Midfielders
    1. Paul Pogba - 23 - France
    2. Ander Herrera - 26 - Spain
    3. Marouane Fellaini - 28 - Belgium
    4. Wayne Rooney - 30 - England
    Bastian Schweinsteiger - 31 - Germany
    Michael Carrick - 34 - England
    Left Midfielders
    1. Anthony Martial - 20 - France
    2. Henrikh Mkhitaryan - 27 - Armenia
    3. Jesse Lingard - 23 - England
    4. Ashley Young - 30 - England
    Right Midfielders
    Henrikh Mkhitaryan - 27 - Armenia
    Jesse Lingard - 23 - England
    Antonio Valencia - 30 - Ecuador
    Ashley Young - 30 - England
    Centre Attacking Midfielders
    Henrikh Mkhitaryan - 27 - Armenia
    Paul Pogba - 23 - France
    Jesse Lingard - 23 - England
    4. Juan Mata - 28 - Spain
    Ander Herrera - 26 - Spain
    Wayne Rooney - 30 - England
    Marouane Fellaini - 28 - Belgium
    Strikers
    1. Zlatan Ibrahimovic - 34 - Sweeden
    2. Marcus Rashford - 18 - England
    Anthony Martial - 20 - France
    Wayne Rooney - 30 - England

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Re: Man United - Change Is Here

We started off the pre-season with a strong win in Singapore over Niigata Unicorn with a 3-0 Victory. Martial showed great form for the upcoming season with a double with a Tatsuya Fujita own goal in between his two goals. We then came back to England for a huge game with PSG. We went up 1-0 after 11 minutes before Angel Di Maria scored 4 minutes later, to tie the game, and the score stayed at 1-1. The game was soured by a Darmian injury with 5 minutes to go which will put him out for 6-8 weeks. We then went to Belgium where we got our second victory of the season with a 2-1 win over KV Kortrijk Voetbalt after two goals in 4 minutes to Rashford and Martial. Before travelling to France to tie 1-1 with Toulouse FC after a late Lingard goal. It was after this game we announced the signing of Lacazette for $23 Million. He came on late in our home game against Bayern, but Mkhitaryan made the difference after 9 minutes, with a free kick goal to win us the game. We then announced our final transfer of the window, as we signed Gianluigi Donnarumma for AC Milan for $30 Million. We are now at our final game of the pre-season as we face Leicester in the Community Shield. We are playing a 4-1-3-2. Lineup: De Gea, Shaw, Bailly, Smalling, Valencia, Pogba, Martial, Mata, Mkhitaryan, Lacazette and Ibrahimovic. After an Ibrahimovic goal after 25 minutes, we went into half time 1-0 and we sealed the victory in the 88th minute after an Ibrahimovic penalty, and lifted the community shield for the third time in six year, the first in my managerial career!

Tune In Next Time For My Matchday One Recap!
    Last edited by Prince Declan of Dimi; 04-09-2017 at 12:27 AM.

Rusev Day

Status
      Country                    England

Closed as you have not waited 60 days. I'm getting really tired of this...
    Twitter: @LukeGardener82 | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Russo Knows Best!

Status

I'm struggling to read this with all the random bolded red words all over the shop. Also is this a Fifa or an FM project.
    The BTB Section Only Improves If We All Improve Together.
    I am willing to review your work as much as I can and if you ask nicely I will even make graphics for you. Be The Booker 4 Life!

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Millar View Post
    I'm struggling to read this with all the random bolded red words all over the shop. Also is this a Fifa or an FM project.
    I was thinking that the bold could highlight the main points in the articles. Do you think it works? Also, it is an FMT17 project.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

It is matchday one, and we are at Goodison Park facing Everton. Everton did not lose in the pre-season, so this will be a very tough game for us. When picking my team, I took into account that we could not use Paul Pogba (Suspension), Chris Smalling (Suspension), and Matteo Darmian (Injury) so we are a pretty depleted side. I choose to go with a 4-1-4-1 formation. Here is the team
    De Gea
    Shaw - Jones - Bailly - Valencia
    Herrera
    Martial - Mata - Rooney - Mkhitaryan
    Ibrahimovic
    Subs: Donnarumma, Blind, Lingard, Lacazette, Rojo, Carrick, Rashford.

Everton almost scores early off a Baines corner where Lukaku almost gets his head to it but misses. Everton goes on the attack after 5 minutes and Lukaku hits the crossbar before it is cleared by Shaw. Right on half time, a Baines cross manages to get them a penalty as Jones pushed down Gueye. Baines runs to hit it. And he scores it, and we go into half time 1-0 down. Our first change comes after 55 minutes, as Mkhitaryan makes his way off for Lingard. Soon after, Everton score their second, as again, Baines causes trouble from a corner and Craig Dawson heads it in for the second. I then make my last two substitutions, as Lacazette comes on for Mata, and we play a two striker formation, and Rashford comes on for Martial at LM. In the 77th minute, we score our first, as a long ball from Jones finds Rashford, who runs into the box before centering it for Ibrahimovic who taps it home. We have 13 minutes to score an equalizer. Lacazette then scores on his PL debut! Lingard steals in from Gueye before crossing it in the Lacazette before he controls it before scoring at the near right post! 2-2! And that is how it ends!! 2-2!

Russo Knows Best!

Status

This has more potential than your previous football project, although I'd like to see more fantasy element and less play-by-play information. What separates your United from the real version.
    I am willing to review your work as much as I can and if you ask nicely I will even make graphics for you. Be The Booker 4 Life!

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Last Result: Everton 2 (Baines, Dawson) - Man United 2 (Ibrahimovic, Lacazette)
    We are now at Matchday 2, and we are at home to Hull City. If we want to win the title, we need to be winning games like this against much weaker opponents. I go with a big decision to bench Ibrahimovic and start with Rashford up front, as the pace was what we needed, and with Hull's slower centre-backs, pace is what we need this game. We also have Pogba making his return for United, and Smalling coming back from suspension. Here is the lineup for today's game:
    De Gea
    Shaw - Bailly - Blind - Valencia
    Pogba - Herrera (c)
    Martial - Mata - Mkhitaryan
    Rashford
    Subs: Donnarumma, Jones, Lingard, Lacazette, Smalling, Rooney, Ibrahimovic

United dominated the first half, having 12 shots to Hull's 1, but nothing came of it. I decided to bring on Ibrahimovic for Rashford and Smalling for Blind at half time to give us some experience up front and at the back. After 65 minutes and no goal, I decided to bring on Lacazette for Mata and move our two CM's to CAM and play a 4-4-2. With 2 minutes left, Ibra plays a one-two with Lacazette before Lacazette takes a shot and it deflects off the post! And it ends in a disappointing 0-0 draw. We then find out after the game that Ibrahimovic suffered a groin strain and will be out for 3-4 weeks.

Next Up: Sunderland vs Manchester United
    FEEL FREE TO LEAVE PREDICTIONS BELOW!

Russo Knows Best!

Status

Opposing team line-ups?

The Franchise.

Status
      Country                    Scotland

2 draws from 2 games that's consistency. Might miss the 40 pts benchmark though.

Hows Chelsea and Leicester doing? In fact how is the rest of the league going? And how is the SPFL shaping up?

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Franchiser View Post
    2 draws from 2 games that's consistency. Might miss the 40 pts benchmark though.

Hows Chelsea and Leicester doing? In fact how is the rest of the league going? And how is the SPFL shaping up?
    I'm going to first update the league ladder after 5 games, and then update it every game. But from now on, i'll post the results from each other game in the PL under the Man United game so people can see how they are going.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Last Result: Man United 0 - Hull 0

After a disappointing draw at home against Hull, we are looking to bounce back against Sunderland who have lost their first 2 games this season. Ibrahimovic is out, which means that Lacazette will start for us. Smalling will be starting at CB with Donnarumma getting a start at GK. On the day of the Sunderland game, we will also find out who is in our group for the Europa League. It is the day before the Sunderland game, and we find out that we will be facing Stoke away in the EFL Cup Third Round. We also find out that we have been drawn in the same group as FCSB, Slovan Liberec, and KGHM Zaglebie in the Europa League, in what looks like a rather easy group. Here is out team list for today’s game:

It is half time, and after a non eventful first half, it is 0-0, with Defoe and Mkhitaryan having the 2 biggest chances of the game. I go to my bench for a change at half time, with Rooney coming on for Mata and Rashford coming on for Martial. We finally make a breakthrough after 54 minutes, after a Pogba long ball finds Mikhitaryan who lays it off to Rooney who lays it off for Herrera who scores at the near post. 10 minutes later, we get our second after a Mkhitaryan cross finds the head of Martial who heads it to Lacazette for a tap in. 2 minutes later, Sunderland get a goal, after a Khazri shot deflects off Ashford and goes in for an own-goal. 2-1. With 5 to go, I make my final substitution, as a returning Darmian comes on for Valencia. In the 88th minute, Donnarumma fumbles a corner, and Anichebe taps in in to make it 2-2….And that is how it ends.

Very disappointing result, especially after going 2-0 up. 3 points from 3 games is terrible for us.

Other Results:
    Tottenham 5 - Man City 1
    Arsenal 4 - Burnley 0
    Crystal Palace 1 - West Brom 1
    Everton 2 - Stoke 2
    Hull 1 - Leicester 1
    Liverpool 3 - Watford 0
    Chelsea 3 - Bournemouth 0
    Middlesborough 0 - Swansea 0
    Southampton 3 - West Ham 1

Next Game: Man United vs Chelsea

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

5-1 spurs v city? Come on, are you serious. Maybe be a little realisistic but other then that you are making progress and making it compelling
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Carrick 16 View Post
    5-1 spurs v city? Come on, are you serious. Maybe be a little realisistic but other then that you are making progress and making it compelling
    I can send the screenshot of the game if you want? I am using Football Manager 2017, and that is what the score was.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Declandimi101 View Post
    I can send the screenshot of the game if you want? I am using Football Manager 2017, and that is what the score was.
    Ohn ignore me then
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Good luck for the season ahead man. I seen your tactics against Sunderland and was a little surprised to see you're playing Micky and Martial as out and out wingers.. I'd personally switch Martial to Inside Forward.

Lacazette is a great signing! Could potentially hold back Rashfords development but it will be interesting to see how that develops. I guess there is many games to play.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Last Result: Sunderland 2 - Man United 2
    It is game day, and we are facing Chelsea at Old Trafford, in what will be a very tough fixture for us. Ibrahimovic is back and he will be starting at Striker. Mkhitaryan is moving to CAM with Lingard to play RW. Martial is on the bench with Rashford starting at LW.

We almost go 1-0 down after 10 minutes after Willian hits the post from inside the box before Smalling clears it. And we go into half time 0-0. We go down 1-0 right after halftime after Herrera loses the ball in the midfield before Willian picks it up and counters before centering it to Costa who taps it in. Our first substitution comes on in the 60th minute as Ibrahimovic goes off for Lacazette, as well as Lingard going off for Martial. Our third and final substitution comes on with 5 to go as Mata comes on for Mkhitaryan. We change to a 4-1-3-2 with Pogba moving to CAM, Rashford to ST and Mata and Martial playing as wingers. And it ends 1-0.

In our post game press conference, I vent for frustration with the team, and single out Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Paul Pogba, who need to be performing at a higher level. I am extremely disappointed with 3 points in 4 games. We should have gotten 3 points from almost every game, and with our next game rapidly approaching, changes will be made.

Other Results:
    Bournemouth 2 - Southampton 0
    Leicester 1 - Sunderland 2
    Watford 0 - Arsenal 2
    West Brom 0 - Spurs 4
    West Ham 5 - Middlesborough 1
    Man City 6 - Everton 1
    Stoke 1 - Hull 1
    Swansea 1 - Liverpool 0
    Burnley 2 - Crystal Palace 2

NEXT GAME: MAN UNITED VS FCSB - EUROPA LEAGUE

Thread Information