Thread: Batgirl (TBA)

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Batgirl gets her own Movie!

http://411mania.com/movies/joss-whed...niverse-movie/

Batgirl is getting her own DC Extended Universe film, and it will be under the direction of a man known for writing young female badasses. Variety reports that Joss Whedon is close to a deal to write, direct and produce a Batgirl film for Warner Bros. The site reports that the new film came about in the past month. Warner Bros’ president and CCO Toby Emmerich will executive produce alongside DC Films’ heads Jon Berg and Geoff Johns.

The move brings Whedon to the DCEU after having made The Avengers and The Avengers: Age of Ultron for Marvel as well as shepherding Agents of SHIELD for Marvel Entertainment. Whedon is also known for his television series including Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly and Dollhouse. Following his work on Age of Ultron, Whedon has stepped back from the MCU. This is not his first stab at a DC film; he previously signed on to write and direct a Wonder Woman film back in 2007 before the DC cinematic universe was a thing, but the project fell apart at the time.

Batgirl is the creation of William Dozier, Julius Schwartz and Carmine Infantino for a character who could be debuted in the comics and the Batman television show simultaneously, first appearing in Detective Comics #359. She is Barbara Gordon, the daughter of commissioner James Gordon, and has had a long history of fighting alongside Batman. The character was infamously left disabled after being shot by the Joker during The Killing Joke and became Oracle, computer expert and information broker who assisted other heroes. During the New 52 relaunch under writer Gail Simone that returned the characters to younger stages of her career, Barbara had recovered from her paralysis and returned to her activities as Batgirl, becoming one of the publisher’s most popular and better-selling monthly titles.

Batgirl joins a lineup of upcoming DCEU films that includes Wonder Woman, Justice League, Aquaman, a Suicide Squad sequel, Gotham City Sirens, The Batman, Shazam and Black Adam, The Flash and Cyborg.
    This Article forgot to add Nightwing is getting his own Movie as well, but I never was into Batgirl in the Comics, but Josh Whedon being apart of the project I just might check this out. Can he do the Nightwing
    Movie as well?

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: Batgirl gets her own Movie!

Joss Whedon and current Batgirl sounds like a fun combination.

Status

The DC movies suck. But anyone who doesn't think this will be fucking amazing with Joss Whedon writing AND directing it is outside of their mind. As long as we have Whedon's patented brand of wit and self awareness and a supporting role for Batfleck I'm happy.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

I wonder if this Movie is going to be a straight Origins story like Nightwing's movie coming out or will they go straight into it that the characters involved have been doing their thing for years. Hearing people going nuts over this nuts make me want to read the Comics. I'm sure Silk will be able to tell me where to go in that direction.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

No One

Status

Just read all of batgirl as of new 52.

I Type With Purpose

Status

so this isn't animated? that will be cool. Maybe their first hopeful universal hit.

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    The DC movies suck. But anyone who doesn't think this will be fucking amazing with Joss Whedon writing AND directing it is outside of their mind. As long as we have Whedon's patented brand of wit and self awareness and a supporting role for Batfleck I'm happy.
    Like everything else DC has done so far it will get studio'd to fuck. I'll be stunned if Whedon stays on for the duration. He got it bad enough from Marvel with Age of Ultron and having to insert scenes he didn't want to have so watching this get derailed by DC/Warner could get painful. Even if he sticks it out to the end they'll fuck up up his vision by interferring in the edit and turning it into an over-stylised music video with as little sense of humour as the can possibly pull off with a Joss Whedon script.

Honestly, this news just makes me sad... it has so much potential, but you can already tell it's going to get wasted.

No One

Status

I dont think Whedon signs on unless he gets the all clear from the studio that theyll keep their hands off it. Youve said it yourself, he was completrly dejected after Age of Ultron. Theres no way he signs up for another project like this without some assurances (part of me feels like this is a bit of redemption for his supposed Black Widow treatment).

Status

Warner Bros is also more likely to let him do his own thing because he's been part of the Marvel machine and they are desperately trying to replicate that magic. This is the best get they've gotten yet.

Status
      Country                    United States

I'm gonna be hesitant until DC proves they can churn out anything quality. This is the first time they've started adapting a property I really love so I hope they don't fuck this one up. Just let Joss do his thing and stop pushing your idiotic ideals onto these films.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Status
      Country                    United States

Batgirl (TBA)

Being a DC movie I am a bit worried, but I'll give it a chance.

On Vacation

Status

Re: Batgirl (TBA)

Only DC movie I will pay to see. After Suicide Squad, I refuse to pay for any more DC films at the cinema. If they mess up this one, I will be done with DC.

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Positive Jon View Post
    I dont think Whedon signs on unless he gets the all clear from the studio that theyll keep their hands off it. Youve said it yourself, he was completrly dejected after Age of Ultron. Theres no way he signs up for another project like this without some assurances (part of me feels like this is a bit of redemption for his supposed Black Widow treatment).
    I mean, yeah, you would hope... but can DC/WB keep themselves in check? They've done nothing to make me think that's possible thus far. They have a habit of being their own worst enemies and sabotaging their own interests, so much so that a friend of mine continually suggests that DC just enlist Marvel Studios to produce their films because Warner's track record has been so dismal.

No One

Status

Joss Whedon wont stay aboard if he has to deal with that. And if he does, thats his fault for staying on after experiencing that already. End result is wholly his to own up to.

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Well that's what I was saying originally, Whedon will cut and run before this gets made because no one at the studio will be able to stop themselves with interfering with it and he'll get fed up... or else he'll stay on and try to steer it close to decent out a feeling of responsibility to protect the property and provide something watchable to the fans, which will result in him having a total mental breakdown.

Wow! I'm feeling negative today.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Legend Killer View Post
    Only DC movie I will pay to see. After Suicide Squad, I refuse to pay for any more DC films at the cinema. If they mess up this one, I will be done with DC.
    I thought you enjoyed Suicide Squad?

Status

Nevermind, thinking of someone else

Thread Information