Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HoHo's Excellent Adventure

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Re: HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Hoho, here is a little tibit for you, Ibushi's dive off the balcony got him banned from Budokan Hall for life. Which means Ibushi will not be able to be in the G1 this year.

The match, I really liked though I felt it outstayed it's welcome by five minutes.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Sangre por Sangre

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Hoho, here is a little tibit for you, Ibushi's dive off the balcony got him banned from Budokan Hall for life. Which means Ibushi will not be able to be in the G1 this year.

The match, I really liked though I felt it outstayed it's welcome by five minutes.
    Are you serious?? They are holding a grudge still from 6 years ago lolz. Come on I really loved the G1 Climax last year and your telling me he's out especially with Kenny and him back together that saddens me. Maybe we need to slide some 20 dollar bills into whoever pockets to make sure he's on there, because Naito/Ibushi was one of my favorite Matches from the G1 Climax 27 and in 2017 in general.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Are you serious?? They are holding a grudge still from 6 years ago lolz. Come on I really loved the G1 Climax last year and your telling me he's out especially with Kenny and him back together that saddens me. Maybe we need to slide some 20 dollar bills into whoever pockets to make sure he's on there, because Naito/Ibushi was one of my favorite Matches from the G1 Climax 27 and in 2017 in general.
    Sadly, yes. I think they asked them specifically don't do the spot but they did it anyway. New Japan will probably try and fix that but at the moment, he can't be in the G1 since the lat three shows are in Budokan Hall.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Sangre por Sangre

Status

Nick Bockwinkel vs Jumbo Tsuruta[02/22/1984]
    -Hey there familia, so lately I've been so busy just trying to watch Wrestling outside of the US with work as many of us get swamped, but today I have a day off so I decided to get some Matches in. I was recommended this Match on Twitter and how could I say no I won't watch it when it's Bockwinkel and Tsuruta going at it for the AWA World Title I'm I right? I had no clue my amigo Jumbo ever wrestled for the AWA World Title, so called me shocked to see him in the ring with one of the best talents in Wrestling ever in Nick Bockwinkel. So many Wrestlers have copied the style not only in the Ring, but outside of it from Bockwinkel and why wouldn't you when he was that damn good before Triple H made it into a catchphrase. I gotta be honest as well, seeing Terry Funk of all people as Referee is the last thing I thought I would see ever. Terry Funk seems to me not the greatest person to be a Referee, he has a shorter fuse than Scott Steiner he's liable to decide the outcome of a Match if one of the guys don't say in line. Remember what he did to Flair in 89, dude is nuts! Early on Bockwinkel started working on the Arm to the point where I'm like come on guys pick up the pace and they did later in the Match. What made me a little mad, no not Funk's Outfit, but after all the work Bockwinkel put on Jumbo's Arm, he eventually gets up and he's okay and acting as if nothing happened in the last 12 mins of the Match ah no lol. Either way the Match got good once both started to let loose, and we never got to see an rematch from what I saw on the history of the title anyone know why it didn't happened?

After this Match we we have Flair vs Martel fighting for the title in 85 in Japan, rather than Jumbo running through cream of the crop of talent in the AWA at the time what was going on in the AWA back then? Later today hopefully I get a new Women's Match in, but for sure next Match in this thread we get a debut of a WCW talent, and he'll be a Man that calls himself a Man of Thousands hold if you willllll.

Real Women of Genius

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

They never got a rematch because Jumbo lost it to Rick Martel a few months later in his first title defence. I think they wanted to makes Rick Martel the new guy and this was the way they chose.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Sangre por Sangre

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    They never got a rematch because Jumbo lost it to Rick Martel a few months later in his first title defence. I think they wanted to makes Rick Martel the new guy and this was the way they chose.
    I should treat myself to Martel's work because I never truly saw his work before his WWE days, before joining Strikeforce and later as the Model. New entry coming later after I watch the Greatest Royal Rumble Show, and then I'm going to see Infinity War so I'll be posting a huge review like I do later.
    Last edited by Sadio HoHo; 04-29-2018 at 10:55 AM.

Real Women of Genius

Sangre por Sangre

Status

Dean Malenko vs Rey Mysterio[Great American Bash 1996]
    -Well I did say it was a debut right? One of the best debuts I've seen from a talent had to be Rey Mysterio when he arrived on the scene in WCW in 96. Previously I saw Mysterio in ECW in 95 and how he tore it up there, but I didn't have anyway to see him when he was with AAA or anyone else. So when I heard Rey Rey was going to face Malenko one on one for the WCW Cruiserweight Title I nearly fainted at the thought he was coming there. Even at 21 years old at the time, Mysterio had the experience of a man twice as old as he was, and it shows with his Match with the Man of Thousands holds. Early on Rey Mysterio is showing why was one of the best Luchadors in the Industry, flying around the ring making it look easy outsmarting Malenko surprisingly. Malenko obviously didn't like that at all, and he went into the mode of, you're not going to make me look like a fool kid in your debut. No Malenko didn't need to work on the legs of Mysterio taking away his abilities to fly around the ring, which is in hindsight he was wrong in not doing it, but he wanted to show everyone I can break apart another Wrestler, any part of the body, and anytime he damn well pleases.

After Malenko started to use his Size Advantage and Technical Abilities, Mysterio was taken to the Woodshed of Submissions for a good period of time. As the Match goes on Malenko starts to get frustrated because he cannot keep the will of Mysterio down, even while he's in the pain of his life. The fans in attendance embraced that will of his, and as Mysterio finally was able to get back into the fight, the people were very much wanting to see Mysterio take the title away from Malenko. He nearly got it done, and it took one mistake from mistake from Mysterio to end his fight, but the war between Mysterio and Malenko has just begun!
    Last edited by Sadio HoHo; 04-30-2018 at 01:00 AM.

Real Women of Genius

Sangre por Sangre

Status

https://rutube.ru/video/f84b5a80601d...3741b1b3fc8d2/
    Dean Malenko vs Rey Mysterio[Monday Nitro]
    -When it works one night why not do it again, and that is what WCW did in 96 putting in Mysterio vs Malenko once again for the WCW Cruiserweight Title. You could tell if you saw their previous Match, the difference of what went on. The night before Malenko played it up that he was in trouble with Mysterio, but on Nitro he knew what was coming from Mysterio and was ready for him at every pass during this Match.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x78lru
    Dean Malenko vs Rey Mysterio[Monday Nitro]
    -This was the night after Hulk Hogan turned heel, so pretty much you can say the fans in attendance were really excited with everything with WCW this night. Did it seem to just to me that any time Malenko and Guerrero faced Mysterio they seemed to want to make it sense like he wanted to kill Rey Rey? Anyways the people are so into Rey getting the Title away from Malenko this night and it came to pass, when Malenko made the mistake of pulling up Mysterio's head off the Mat when he had him dead to rights. Malenko's over confidence made him a former champion this night, and made Mysterio's legacy grow even more.

Also as a side note can someone do the Gutbuster off the Top Rope please? That Move was always one of my favorite Moves to see, and Malenko did it to perfection more guys to should use it.

Real Women of Genius

Thread Information