Thread: HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Shuyaku

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Vince, I'll kick you in the nuts and you'll smile at me and like it[7/11/2011]

No this isn't a tribute thread to Bill and Ted's Movies, it's a thread of me going through time talking about classic Interviews/Promos, Matches and moments from the World of Wrestling from all the companies you can think of. I've been having so much fun with the Impact Flashback series, and the Real Women of Genius Thread that I thought why not go this as well. I won't be doing Volumes like Impact Wrestling[thank God I know people are thinking that]. I will be giving updates every few days or so and if anyone wants to pm me some stuff to talk about or watch a match or two you can. I like to thank Kayla for the thread title, because I was too stupid to think of one so let's this.

I went with C.M Punk's Segment with Vince McMahon, but I think some people forget about this as a whole. It was only weeks after Punk did the promo on Raw to where he was done with the bs with WWE, and how he was treated over the years since arriving in the WWE from ROH. Punk's contract was ending at 12 Midnight with the Company and WWE was trying everything to convince him to stay, and we got more of Punk taking dumps where he wanted to take them. Punk displayed his anger to Vince on how handle the WWE, telling him he doesn't know what the fans know in this decade which was true, and how he should say sorry to the people he let go that were his friends that didn't deserve to be let go. At times I don't know to me Vince felt a little uncomfortable, maybe Punk went way off scrip on how the segment would go, but it made for some entertaining TV to watch as a fan back then.

It wasn't too long till John Cena the current WWE Champion at that time came out to say his own words on Punk and how he's handling this situation and I love the banter between the two. Cena wanted to turn this segment into a Comedy fest, but Punk lead it back in the right direction calling out Cena.

I am the Voice of the Voiceless uttered from the mouth of Punk as Punk told Cena you look at me like Eddie Guerrero and the Veterans back then thought you could hang, but now you think the same of myself?! Cena you are not the underdog you want to tell people, you a dynasty like the New York Yankees and I knew that was going to make Cena throwing dem bos. It would be someone telling me, I'm a Dallas Cowboy those are fighting words in my neck of the woods. This segment whether or not you like it, raised the hype people had for the MITB PPV match between the two, no one knew what was going to happen and I think in the end everything worked out for all parties involved.

I STILL WANT MY WWE SUPERSTAR ICE CREAM BARS THOUGH DAMMIT!

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Shuyaku

Status

Re: HoHo's Excellent Adventure

The Chair Shot heard around the World!

Bruno Sammartino/Larry Zbyszko Feud in 1980
    -One of the main reasons I wanted to do this Thread was mainly due to watch new Wrestling I've never had the pleasure to watch mainly due to me not being old enough to see it for the first time. I heard the stories of Bruno Sammartino, seen a few matches especially the one had with Savage, but never of Bruno in his prime. Bruno is easily one of the greatest World Champions ever to lace his Boots in the Industry, but he also one of most beloved Wrestlers as well. I've heard through the grapevine one of Bruno's best feuds was with his protege Larry Zbyszko in 1980. For years Larry couldn't get the shadow of Bruno, to where it got to him so badly he wanted to test his skills versus Bruno to see who was truly better. At first Bruno didn't want it to happen, but after Larry said I'm going to retire then, Bruno gave into his request. Their are moments in this match Bruno let go of Submission holds I guess to not hurt his protege, and Larry was pissed about it. He felt disrespected and by the time Larry dropped Bruno and smacked him with a Chair he had enough!

-After the Allentown, PA bloody massacre the feud would lead to Bruno/Larry Wrestling in a Steel Cage in Shea Stadium in the Main Event in front of 36,295 fans in attendance! Larry took a tremendous ass whopping in this match even though he had his moments of shine against Bruno. After hearing Cole and Foley talk about this feud I really want to see Bruno/Hansen hour match and Morales/Bruno in their over a hour match they had as well. It's hard enough to wrestle ten minutes and get people interested in the match, do that for that long is impressive to see. This match was okay, the people wanted blood spilled from Larry they got it in the match. What I find funny is Bruno/Larry I thought were going to shake hands and Bruno wails on Larry after the match, and Larry raises Bruno's hand? Did he not want any more of Bruno or did he truly now respect Sammartino?
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 03-29-2017 at 07:05 PM.

Real Women of Genius

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Shuyaku

Status

The Rock vs Mankind[Royal Rumble 1999]

I QUIT..I QUIT..I QUIT!!

-You know it seems when I talk to people about the Attitude Era each person has their guy they loved during that era. I was always a Rocky guy, maybe that charisma overwhelmed me and to me I wanted to be like the Rock dressing like a Million Bucks. The Rock had only been in the WWE for what 2-3 years by this time and held the World Title already a few times. For all the greatness Rock displayed, he couldn't figure out Mankind for the life of him. They always had great matches together especially that entertaining Super Bowl Halftime Heat Match pure Gold during that match. With that title change, Rock would need to bust his ass to get this title shot and it was in a match that favored the Champion. Mick Foley never quits right..dude has been through Tacks, Barbwire, Fire no way is the Rock going to beat Mankind in a match he would love to play every day of his life right?

What I find funny in this match, even with this great action we got Comedy in this match as well. Whether it was between Rock and Mankind telling the other to stick it up your ass I'm not giving up, or when Rock hit Mankind with the Bell and sang BELLLS WILL BE RINGINGGGGG Still one of the scariest things to see as a fan is when Foley got knocked into the Electrical Circuit Board. I was 7 or 8 years old then, you don't know what's real or fake, but you know Foley was in serious trouble after that. People are coming out wanting this match to stop and the Rock saying fuck that he's going to say I QUIT DAMMIT so sick!

It Foley wasn't in another Universe after that spot, he was going there after Rock started to Barry Bonds Foley's Skull and it's hard to watch see him take shot after shot during the match. How Foley today can hold a conversation with people during a day to day basis after this match is a feat that no one could of done. Foley said I Quit well sorta of, dubbed it of course, but damn Rocky was willing to kill Foley to get back his WWE Championship that's one dangerous man onto Wrestlemania with Austin!

Real Women of Genius

Shuyaku

Status

Bob Backlund vs.Adrian Adonis-MSG[1/18/82]

Before he was Adorable, he was the Golden Body!

- I think some fans know only about Adrian Adonis as the guy that wore makeup on his face, weird Woman outfits and the guy who had his hair cut from Wrestlemania 3 versus Rowdy Piper in his retirement match? Adrian Adonis might not look like a Hulk Hogan, but the man could go in the ring like no other. I swear I saw a match with Adonis and Orton and those two tore it up with their Technical abilities in the ring. I don't understand this day, why Vince wanted to have that stupid ass character used for Adrian, this Adonis felt more comfortable. Their weren't many men who could keep up with Backlund dude was a fucking Machine, before other Wrestlers where donning that name, but Adonis did this night.

I think were in the generation where Wrestlers sometimes forgot to tell a story in their match. They are sometimes just trying to unleash that next big hot spot or move to get people to pop. Let's get down to the basics work in a body part, rip it apart till the person quits. It's the littlest of things that can get fans interested and you see it in this match. I mean theirs a spot where people are counting for Backlund ripping on the Arm of Adonis over and over, because they hated Adrian and loved Backlund. Just as you thought Bob had this in the bag, Adrian would come back and show his guys hitting Backlund with a dropkick. The second half of this match is amazing, with both guys throwing the Rule Books out of the Window especially Backlund. Backlund takes it to another level when he's busted open by Adrian, and when a Man is seeing his own blood drop down his face he's MORE DANGEROUS THAN EVER! What I don't get what kinda of bullshit is this when a Doctor and Ref stops a Match and doesn't give the title to the person who did all that damage to him? Witch Craft I say!

Real Women of Genius

Shuyaku

Status

Family Values[March 31, 1997 Raw Is War]
    -By 1997 Bret Hart was on his way to be the biggest heel in the company after being one of the most beloved a year prior. Bret Hart had lost the WWE Championship to Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania 12, had the knowledge than when he came to the WWE the industry had changed. People wanted a more edgier character, not liking the straight Babyface and Bret finally realized that by this night. I always get teared up watching this, because theirs thing about how people make us fight and the stories Bret said with Owen hit me home. My Brother and I are close just like Bret and Owen, I've done what Bret did getting him ready for School, dressing him when Mom and Dad couldn't do it or they were Drunk or in the Hospital or going to Strip Joints. You can be at odds with family, but family is going to be there when you need them. Family doesn't always need to be biological, it can be friends you grew up with, but that support system can help you get through anything.

Owen..I love ya

Jesus it breaks me everytime real men cry. Man what a great way to have the Hart Foundation start, maybe might be my favorite Bret promo ever. It really felt from his heart and his anger towards how he was being treated as his family in the company.

Real Women of Genius

American Ninja

Status
      Country                    United States

Don't remember seeing that promo back when it happened but when I watched through the 97 tapes about five years ago that promo really stood out to me, great stuff.

Shuyaku

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    Don't remember seeing that promo back when it happened but when I watched through the 97 tapes about five years ago that promo really stood out to me, great stuff.
    Yeah it goes over my head back when I was a kid, but I remember seeing it again when WWE came up with the Best Wrestlers of the 90's Dvd and that segment was on there. I started tearing up watching the Dvd, and my family wondered why was I crying all of a sudden. Early on Bret wasn't great on the microphone, he's said plenty of times especially during his early days having others talk for him especially when the Hart Foundation with Jim Neidhart many moons ago. By this time he was getting the job done, and he should be praised on how he made the heel turn and made it work for him.

Real Women of Genius

Shuyaku

Status

SGT. Slaughter vs Pat Patterson[No Holds Barred from 1981]

First of all loved that both of these guys dressed for Combat. I hate when in Wrestling today, the guys wear their regular Wrestling gear, instead of Boots/Sneakers and Jeans like it should be. I didn't know the Sarge was a heel in the WWE way before 1991 holy shit! Sarge took a tremendous ass whooping early from Patterson, dude was getting mugged with a damn Belt for God's sakes. It takes me back, when my Mother just had to show her Belt and all of us knew, we done fucked up and need to act right or else lol. The structure of his match is wonderful, you see Pat use the Belt and beat Sarge for a good amount of time, and Sarge gets a hold of Belt and you know the heat is brewing as Patterson is taking those lashings. You don't need to do some fancy moves in such a match, use Weapons and do things you can't do a normal match and take it to the situation that it makes sense.

It was pretty funny to see Sarge choke out Patterson with the I Love New York Shirt, telling the world he hates NY with a passion that night. I'm pretty sure by this time, Sarge was getting Batteries and Tomatoes, pretty much whatever the NY fans could find when he was around in MSG. As the match went on, both guys took it a level further because it needed to be. Pat biting Sarge, yeah the Buckwhackers consider that saying hello to a fellow friend.

Damn the moment of the match easily has to Pat Patterson sending Sarge into the Turnbuckle and his Forehead hitting the Post busting him open! The blood was pouring like Chocolate in Willy Wonka's Factory woah that was sick to see up close! I have a thing, don't know the name for it, but when I see a good amount of blood I will come closer to passing out. A little bit of blood I'm good, but if I was there at that show I might of needed a Paper Bag hehe. What a great ending with Sarge busted up, and getting his face dented in by Pat's Boot, and The Grand Wizard having to stop it for talent. Sarge would never give up on his own, he might of died rather than quit especially to Pat Patterson. Such a fun match between the two, never call Pat Patterson to an Alley Fight lesson learned Sarge.

Real Women of Genius

Shuyaku

Status

Booker T vs Chris Benoit[Match 7 aka Match 8 GAB 98]
    -Let me get this outta the way right now, this was Match 8 of the Best of Seven Series Booker T and Chris Benoit. They said it was the 7th, but one of those matches had a bs ending so both guys wanted it to end in the right way with no excuses. Winner would face Fit Finlay[one of my favs of all time] for the WCW TV title. Both guys leading up to this last match were really doing some great matches not just on PPV's, but with Nitro as well. People can talk about Benoit how ever they like, but the man was a great fucking Wrestler. He is one of those guys I felt was one of those legit Wrestlers who could of wrestled in any era. Booker T was down 3-1 in the series and you gotta give to Booker to have the abilities to get it to a last match which needed to happen.

What I love about this match, is the levels changing during the whole match. What I mean is the match would slow down, pick up, and everything felt important what was being done by both Wrestlers. The fans made it even better, they loved both Athletes and they themselves didn't know who they wanted to see win the match. The story going into the match was the injury of Booker T's leg and Benoit is a Shark in the Water seeing blood when he see's injuries that's for damn sure. Booker T fought off the pain, to keep in the fight and the match kept getting better as the match on. The German sequence and then the Full Nelson Suplex pin gets me hype everytime I see it, because it was the perfect ending. When I look at Benoit do the Diving Headbutt it makes me want to close my eyes, wondering if all those Headbutts played a huge part of his problems later in the life. Even with Benoit having his way, Booker T saw a spot to drop Benoit leading to the Missile Dropkick for the win.

Such a great Match, I think at this time WCW was building Booker T as a singles star breaking from well he's just a Tag Team Wrestler, but that all changed after this series.

Real Women of Genius

Shuyaku

Status

Great Muta vs Jushin Thunder Liger[NJPW 10/20/1996]
    -Two of the greatest Puro Wrestlers of all time hooking it up inside the squared circle. Now I don't know the history between these two going in, but can you say dream match for me. Great Muta is one of favorite Wrestlers of all time, and Liger isn't far behind in my love as well. I love the character of Muta, the Mist, the Face Paint, his style just everything grabs my attention when he wrestles. Damn did Muta play some mind games in this war, between him consistently going to outside stopping any momentum Liger was trying to start up, but not only that he loved scaring the fuck outta fans in the front row. Muta was truly systematic in his approach to utterly destroy Liger. He pace himself, and that's a different Muta I remember seeing years prior going fast like a Cheetah, but rather doing the slow and steady wins the race in this won with Liger. When Muta was to be evil as fuck in the ring, not show how in the fuck do you stop him without using some kind of Animal Dart

Early on it looked like Muta was cruising through a easy win, but Liger like the great Wrestler he is pulled through and was done getting put through Tables and hit with them as well. He was done waiting on Muta, rather to take it to him. When Liger thought he was doing well, Muta would meet him at the pass. Can you say Muta went into OD level of crazy in this match especially when he took off Liger's Mask and started to rip away at it! Muta knew how much the Mask means to Liger's confidence and he knew if he took it off, Liger would lose himself in the ring versus Muta. Just ask I thought Muta was going to end Liger from existence Liger got his second wind and spits Mist out and lands it across the face of Muta I NEVER SEEN HIM DO THAT BEFORE! Liger had lost it mentally and he started to rip apart his outfit revealing Bengal Tiger Tats on himself da FUCK

What a bad ass ending to this match as well, Liger wanted to stab Muta to death for fucking with his Mask, but he took too much time in setting it up, given Muta the chance to get away and beat Liger in the end. Such an entertaining fight I wonder if Muta/Liger had an rematch after this? Also food for thought never mess with a man's Mask or Weapons!

Real Women of Genius

Shuyaku

Status

Great Muta vs Jinsei Shinzaki [04/29/96]

-Sticking with the Muta love, I had to go with a another guy who I liked during his short run with the WWE Jinsei Shinzaki. Jinsei's match with Bret Hart in my top 20 favorite matches ever, and you're telling me Muta vs Shinzaki thank you Wrestling Gods! It's been said birds of the same feather flock together, and you know at the local Watering Hole, these two were speaking about the soul they collected that day. Muta in this era to me, feels like the old man in the neighborhood. Shinzaki stepped on his grass, and his mind he needed to PAY! You know sometimes when I watch Muta it almost feels he loses himself within the character, which shows how legit he is. I mean Muta destroyed Jinsei's Staff, then he busted him open..THEN HE PUTS A PIECE OF IT IN HIS MOUTH!

Like a Bull when they see red, Muta only gets more dangerous when he see's his victims bleeding like the Red Sea. Muta even took it to the level of using Jinsei's blood and writing something on the piece of his Staff. Don't knows what it says in Japanese, if anyone knows what he wrote I greatly appreciate it. I don't know in the hell do you get up and keep fighting when your face is covered with so much blood, but somehow Jinsei did later in the bout. He had enough energy to springboard back Moonsault over the ropes, but even with that late offense the blood, the wounds started to pile up and if you give Muta just a second to reverse something he'll make it count and Muta did. Old Man Muta got Jinsei off his Yard, and Jinsei would never FORGET IT!

Great Muta vs Hiroshi Hase[12/14/1992]

-Dubbed the Muta Scale Match from people who've seen it. The Muta Scale measures the amount of blood loss in a match and their was plenty of it from Muta in this one. In Matches with Muta, he's usually the one who busts up his opponent, but Hase wanted to show I'm not afraid of you, or the aura that follows you. I'm coming to break you, and send you on your way! Once Hase opened him up, it was time to work on the head and neck till Muta gave up or couldn't move. Hase busts up Muta, works on the wound and still he can't beat him jeez Muta is super human to survive such a battle. Chono staredown with Muta NWA Champion vs IWGP Champion, title unification?!!
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 05-07-2017 at 09:50 PM.

Real Women of Genius

Shuyaku

Status

William Regal vs Ultimo Dragon[Slamboree 1997]
    -First of all it's Sunday, their might be a Extreme Rules PPV going on later today, but fuck that it's Ultimo Dragon day on my Calendar. For all the Dragon matches I've seen it's a pity I didn't get to see this TV title Match sooner. I mean we all know Regal is a great Wrestler, but what makes me love Regal so much is how everything in the Ring he does feels so real to watch. You think Regal is really breaking the bones of his opponents, it almost makes you want to close your eyes because it's that believable to look at during his matches. I found it interesting both talents had their fan base wanting to see them. It was more shocking to see Regal fans wanting to see him to win, but I guess that's Onoo heat.

I MAKE CHAMPIONS..AND I DESTROY CHAMPIONS! Why Sonny, it was going so well for your talent and it you threw it down the Drains. Anyways the match was a good opener for the PPV, Lucha, Technical Wrestling and Chain Wrestling loads of fun in this match for sure.

Dean Malenko vs Ultimo Dragon[Starrcade 96]
    -I wonder has anyone held so many titles and put them on the line on night? I enjoyed this match today just as much as I did as a young little hoho back in 96. I don't get why WWE puts Liger/Mysterio from the same PPV on their Best Starrcade Matches, but they no sell this good match was well. You knew Malenko was going to have a entertaining bout with the Dragon, because he's wrestled all kinds of styles over the years and he knows how to tell stories out there with guys around his style with ease. Time to bottom this match was so great, and the fans let them hear it wanting to see more action from both guys.

Someone please tell me how in the fuck does a person kick outta a Tombstone, than a Tiger Powerbomb in order? I mean all the training he did with Bruce Lee paid off there, but hey he made it work for him when he hit the Dragon Suplex on the Ice Man to add to the title awarded to him at Nine Jesus!

Rey Mysterio vs Ultimo Dragon[World War 3 96]
    -Spider-Man vs The Pink Panther and it was great showcasing of both Wrestlers. I found it funny seeing Dragon using moves from Chris Jericho didn't come into the company right until 97 right? I mean he did the Springboard Dropkick and that Tower Rack and it looked like Mysterio was broken into pieces. Not only that let's just drop him throat first on the ropes after a Powerbomb man people are so evil to Mysterio in matches

I consider Mysterio's beating this match as a damn right mugging, even when Rey Rey seemed to look like he was ready to get back into the match, Ultimo said no..

Dragon even dig the Liger Bomb and Mysterio still kicked out, what guys on Mysterio or some people might say stupidity. It's amazing to see a talent take a beating and somehow be able to stand up and put up any kind of offense. Mysterio had so many near falls at the end, but Dragon took it stride and send the young man back to the Showers with a beautiful Springboard Powerbomb. Heenan was right Mysterio was fighting on will..and Ultimo Dragon broke that will at the end!

Real Women of Genius

Shuyaku

Status

Minoru Suzuki vs Sanshiro Takagi[6/1/2017[DDT Universe inside the Tokyo Dome]

-So you get the knowledge that you're match tonight isn't in a ring, but into a Arena that is surrounded by a Baseball Field, what do you do? People who have more intelligence would say nah I'm doing that, but Minoru isn't the smartest tool in the Shed, but he's the toughness. He'll fight you in the shower if it was right in his mind

After the introductions for both guys, we see Aja Kong..YES AJA KONG SINGING JAPAN'S NATIONAL SONG?! I didn't know Kong had patience enough to sing anything even Happy Birthday! I found it funny as Suzuki and Takagi wanted to fight, Aja broke them apart pretty much sayng you two fuckers are going to let me finish this song dammit or we'll have some problems! Can someone please tell why both guys are hyping up the crowd, when theirs no crowd, just Cameraman and Photo Crews taking Pictures for the Weekly Pro Wrestling in Japan

Also did the Ref tell Minoru to break it, theirs no ropes around..THEIRS NO RING DA HELL IS GOING ON! After some fun on the Baseball field Suzuki takes Saki into the Seats, and we get to meet a Green Power Ranger and he seems to be promoting the show or company with his Laptop. Minoru is trying to beat his opponent to death and retain his title and this guy is promoting, not in this lifetime bruh. He gets kicked for his opponent and nearly drops his Laptop, he's lucky he didn't get a DDT on the floor for his trouble. We see them going up the steps and get to meet Yoko Hogan? HE decided to want to help his friend Saki and he thought it was a good chance to strike. After a few strikes, Minoru kicked him straight in the head and he went tumbling like a Trash Can down the Hill. Finally we get to the top and Minoru see's a nice young lady seeing selling Beer I think and he wants because he probably has Cotton Mouth by now. No money..awwhh the girl strikes him because he wanted the Beer without paying, this match is damn near insane.

From top of the Tokyo Dome which would be scary for me to be in, as I'm afraid of heights to a degree, back to the Steps Yoko Hogan returns and gets another beating down the Steps, this guy is a fucking star he the true man that holds Hustle, Loyalty and Respect. After some moving around we see also Brittney Manspears, and I think it was Kai begging on his knees for some reason, but he gets into the match trying to get his money back. Poor guy he eats a Table sending him into a deep sleep, by the Janitor who looks familiar to me. What makes me sad is it's only 26 and from what I heard this match goes longer because this the only amount they uploaded on their Youtube Account. I heard the Match goes into a Baseball Cage, a rumble at the end, and a surprise Mini Nakamura I need to see the rest of this match stat. Still with what they showed me on this, one of the most entertaining matches I've seen this year Final Deletion worthy.
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 06-22-2017 at 12:45 PM.

Real Women of Genius

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Yeah this is probably the best comedy match of the year I'd genuinely consider this a MOTYC. It's Sanshiro Takagi btw.

The reason why they're hyping up the crowd is for comedic reasons, they're keeping kayfabe and pretending a crowd is there and they're in a 'ring' of some sort. Like in your GIF - Suzuki enters a ring lmao. So many classic moments in this match it's unreal.

-Aja Kong singing the national anthem
    -Super Sasadango Machine cutting a powerpoint presentation midmatch, being told to fuck off by Suzuki before they both get wrecked by Takagi and his fire extinguisher
    - Yoko Hogan = Gota Ihashi. Fucking LOL at Suzuki's reaction to him. All of his appearances here are fucking great.
    - Saki Akai moonlighting as a beverage merchant and then kicking the pair of them in the chops
    - fucking Ladybeard, what a star this guy is. Love Suzuki's reaction to him as well as Takagi deciding to join him in the singing.
    - Ken Ohka begging Tokyo Dome people to let him run a Ganbare show there before having his money jacked by Suzuki and Takagi
    - Jun Kasai the Janitor and the whole process of putting Ohka through a table
    - The Thai Boxer problem
    - The Gay Supremacists hounding Suzuki and Takagi before finding Rocky Kawamura and proceeding to molest him. All whilst Rocky shouts DRAGOOOO.
    - Chinsuke Nakamura and Hiroshi Tanabota. Just fucking lol.
    - Tenryu's cameo and his interactions with the pair (fucking Suzuki is on point throughout this whole thing)
    - Big Match Meiko the GOAT appearing out of nowhere and becoming a pitcher to begin an impromptu game of baseball
    - The game of baseball itself and the resulting brawl (spotted Hiroyo Matsumoto and Kawamura's still getting molested lmfao)
    - The finishing stretch with Takagi's ridiculous lariat
    - Post match madness (and Rocky still getting fiddled with)

Genuinely is in my top 10 matches of the year. Entertaining as fuck and non stop hilarity. Has to be seen to be believed. Suzuki is great in a comedic role. Does brilliant here.

Takagi is the president of DDT btw. He was (is?) a parody of Stone Cold Steve Austin. DDT's whole point is that it's not your traditional puro, it's an extreme take on WWE style wrestling with the ridiculousness amplified by about a billion. That being said, DDT has some fucking amazing serious matches at the top of the card regularly.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 06-22-2017 at 01:22 AM.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Shuyaku

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RyuShake Taguchi View Post
    Yeah this is probably the best comedy match of the year I'd genuinely consider this a MOTYC. It's Sanshiro Takagi btw.

The reason why they're hyping up the crowd is for comedic reasons, they're keeping kayfabe and pretending a crowd is there and they're in a 'ring' of some sort. Like in your GIF - Suzuki enters a ring lmao. So many classic moments in this match it's unreal.

-Aja Kong singing the national anthem
    -Super Sasadango Machine cutting a powerpoint presentation midmatch, being told to fuck off by Suzuki before they both get wrecked by Takagi and his fire extinguisher
    - Yoko Hogan = Gota Ihashi. Fucking LOL at Suzuki's reaction to him. All of his appearances here are fucking great.
    - Saki Akai moonlighting as a beverage merchant and then kicking the pair of them in the chops
    - fucking Ladybeard, what a star this guy is. Love Suzuki's reaction to him as well as Takagi deciding to join him in the singing.
    - Ken Ohka begging Tokyo Dome people to let him run a Ganbare show there before having his money jacked by Suzuki and Takagi
    - Jun Kasai the Janitor and the whole process of putting Ohka through a table
    - The Thai Boxer problem
    - The Gay Supremacists hounding Suzuki and Takagi before finding Rocky Kawamura and proceeding to molest him. All whilst Rocky shouts DRAGOOOO.
    - Chinsuke Nakamura and Hiroshi Tanabota. Just fucking lol.
    - Tenryu's cameo and his interactions with the pair (fucking Suzuki is on point throughout this whole thing)
    - Big Match Meiko the GOAT appearing out of nowhere and becoming a pitcher to begin an impromptu game of baseball
    - The game of baseball itself and the resulting brawl (spotted Hiroyo Matsumoto and Kawamura's still getting molested lmfao)
    - The finishing stretch with Takagi's ridiculous lariat
    - Post match madness (and Rocky still getting fiddled with)

Genuinely is in my top 10 matches of the year. Entertaining as fuck and non stop hilarity. Has to be seen to be believed. Suzuki is great in a comedic role. Does brilliant here.

Takagi is the president of DDT btw. He was (is?) a parody of Stone Cold Steve Austin. DDT's whole point is that it's not your traditional puro, it's an extreme take on WWE style wrestling with the ridiculousness amplified by about a billion. That being said, DDT has some fucking amazing serious matches at the top of the card regularly.
    Yeah after seeing this match I might want to add DDT to my rotation of promotions to watch, heard that they give us quality in ring just as entertaining as they do outside the ring. Poor Rocky Kawamura for being molested, it would be Dak's worse nightmare. What made it even more funny no one did a thing about it, you would of thought they were Walkers from the Walking Dead they wanted him and they weren't going to let him go

Meiko in her outfit throwing baseballs and sailing them no where near Takagi and Suzuki too was like lol and then she went closer and they kept missing. He was going to strike Meiko, we all know Meiko might of KO'ed him if he got too close. Takagi got me, he was crying giving respect to Suzuki and then he stuns him! Did he challenge Suzuki again and pointed to that image of a Island, so rematch on a deserted Island? I can easily see these two on a Island chasing the other, while Suzuki murders a Animal and rocks their Skin as a Jacket.

Real Women of Genius

Shuyaku

Status

Katsuyori Shibata vs Kazuchika Okada[Sakura Genesis 2017 for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship]
    -As per request via my homie Shake. He and I were talking about NJPW and my interest to get back into the company. I know the reputations and seen enough of both guys previously to know this was going to be great match, but damn this match blew my load. After Shibata winning the 2017 New Japan Cup, it was his road to facing the DA MAN in the company in Okada. Talk about all business I'm I right when Okada is coming into the ring with all fake money surrounding him, Shibata's face tell the story. He's been dreaming about this moment, and nothing else matters other than taking the IWGP World Title in this match.

You knew Shibata was going to go to the ground early on to show his dominance and it seemed pretty obvious to me he could do whatever he wanted to Okada, and you see it when he's on Full Mound and could legit KO Okada if he wanted to. Shibata's confidence on the ground is so high, he tells Okada to come down and you can be on top! Okada like a fool would do to the ground, and easily Shibata put him in a sleeper on the ground bobohead. It was funny to watch Shibata punish the World Champion after he didn't break and cheap shotted him in the corner. You don't do that to Shibata, and he learned never to do that again when Shibata laid in multiple Forearms sides to the side of his head that would of KO'ed a Elephant. Eventually Okada would weather the early storm and boy did he do it with some evilness doing that DDT on the outside. Is this where Shibata's Neck problems start, leading to his retirement for now from Wrestling, or did he have problems already going into the match? Champions like Okada are smart they know the challenger is going to give everything they got, but sometimes the challengers can get hot headed and a little bit too confident, and this is where a smart champion finds a hole in their plans and turns control of the match.

These two were going to let the other dominate for too long, Shibata was ready for that Rainmaker when the champion delivered it in the match after the 30 minute mark. After that moment this match became a struggle of wills. Who wanted the win more than the other, and both guys put every ounce of energy into their strikes and moves throughout the match. I mean when I saw Shibata kick Okada it almost felt like he was kicking a Soccer Ball down the Field trying to score a goal. Lol at Shibata slapping the top of Okada during all of this, and Okada really didn't like that, and it was a ploy of course of the challenger to make Okada lose his cool! At least that's what I thought before Okada SAT INDIAN STYLE WITH SHIBATA AND WANTED TO SLAP CHALLENGE WITH HIM! You gotta say the KO/Forearm slap of the match was the one that Okada dropped to the side of the leg of the champion talk about impact! IT took multiple Rainmakers in this match, but Shibata's dreams became a nightmare. All the pain and mental scars getting to face Okada, didn't help him when he faced the champion for the richest price in NJPW. Still this match is easily one of the best Wrestling matches I've seen in 2017, and the it raised the stock of Shibata. Too bad we might never see him return to the ring, that's sad to think about, but he's a true professional and has the heart of World Champion. I might watch Omega vs Okada 1 and 2 next!
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 06-30-2017 at 06:01 PM.

Real Women of Genius

Shuyaku

Status

Kenny Omega vs. Kazuchika Okada[IWGP Championship from Wrestle Kingdom 11]

-Bruh Kenny Omega and that Terminator Scene and Entrance got me horny right off the bat before the match even started. One of best Entrances I've seen, I'll put that on the level of Balor coming out in a Coffin taking his gimmick to the next level. It almost feels like this was Kenny Omega's coming out party to the world of Wrestling anyone got that feeling coming into this match? Did anyone truly think before hand Omega had the skills to be the top dog in the company? If you were on the fence with him beforehand, after this match you'll feel alot differently about him that's for damn sure. I've always liked Omega, from fighting in the Woods Omega with Ibushi, to now being one of the leaders of the Elite he's always been an attraction in my mind. I also like how Okada the way he goes about himself in matches. A few years ago he was go go go all the time, but now he slows it down and smarter in that ring. It's pretty dope to see fans behind both guys in this match, even to the point of clapping to the Terminator theme to raise the fighting spirit of Omega before he flies to the outside!

HE'S NOT A MAN..HE'S A MACHINE! I swear that dropkick to the back of the head of Okada after the dive moments before was damn sweet, he's lucky he was near the ropes or he might of been kissing that World Title good-bye. Kenny Omega doesn't know what the word fear means because the dude later in the match said to himself yeah let's just do a Moonsault to the outside over the Guard Rail on top Okada near the Broadcast Desk! The only man crazy enough I've seen to do that was RVD, but even took to the level of a double stomp on Okada with the strongest Table in the business on top of him Jesus! I don't know why Omega helped Okada back in the ring, let the man use his energy to come back in and it helps your quest later in the match when he's more tired.

When I thought Omega was cruising Okada comes back and wand darts Omega in the air sailing through that same TABLE AMAZING! How did Omega not break something during that fall, it felt like he was in the air forever. Somehow Omega was able to recover, to unleash a modified Dragon Suplex from the top! It felt like these guys were on their third win towards the last 15 mins of the match, truly a heart pumper to the end. What a ending it had with both guys getting the near fall, and Okada doing a spinning Tombstone, leading to the Rainmaker for the finish. Yeah I might need to change my clothes after seeing this match! I'll watch Okada/Omega 2 tomorrow this match took alot outta me!

Real Women of Genius

Shuyaku

Status

Kenny Omega vs Kazuchika Okada 2[6/11/17 NJPW Dominion]
    -It took 12 days to get to it, but I finally gotten enough time to watch Okada/Omega 2 from Dominion. I loved their first match, and when someone told me their was a return match I thought how do you beat the greatest of the first bout!? You gotta think Omega was more confident than over from their first match, he made dents in the greatness of Okada, and he thought he had the perfect formula to win the IWGP Heavyweight Title in the return match. Puro just have it right type of Wrestling that I can get behind more and more. I asked Jimbo about the lost of Psychology in matches today, to where guys are just doing moves in matches, just to do them and not understanding you don't need to do a funky move to get a match over all the time. The simplest of things in matches can get them involved, and in NJPW you see that all the time, the way the matches are structured so well planned. Even seeing Omega and Okada lock up old school style is something I never see in WWE, almost feels like Wrestlers forget this is Wrestling let's do some of that in this match.

It's so great to see a gaijin get so much love from a Japanese crowd wanting to see him win the title, just as much as they want to see the Champion retain his title. The intelligence of Omega as a Wrestler to tell a story out there with Okada, going after the Knee doing everything to make sure Okada can't walk is good to see in a title match like this. I mean I don't know how many times I've blown up seeing the Miz do a Figure Four Lock randomly, but never going after the legs at all before hand to soften up the opponent to lead to the Submission. Okada is lucky, Omega didn't rip off the Left Leg because he was that vicious with his efforts to cripple the IWGP Champion in this one. I don't know how Okada had the strength to run over the Guard Rail and land on Kenny, because he was in the danger zone with that leg, but I imagine it was killing him of course, but still he had to deal with it if he wanted to retain his title this night. I love how their two matches with each other keep changing, from Lucha Style, to a Technical War, to a Strike Fest. Their were so many moments in this match that I thought Jesus do these guys even know where they are, that's how stiff they were with each other, it felt like they were on Auto Pilot when the going got tough. The Japanese Table really hates Omega doesn't it? The G1 Special versus Ishii had Omega eating some Table, and I think I remember him going through the Table in the first match, might be wrong there. You gotta think as the match keeps going you gotta respect the conditioning of these two Wrestlers, because it seems like to me as the matches go on they get better in the ring.

I think they have Greg Valentine blood in them, he was very much the same type of Wrestler in his prime. I found it interesting the whole Bullet Club/Elite came out to see Omega win the match, and I see the seeds of problems with Cody Rhodes and Kenny Omega started with this match. Rhodes wanted to throw in the Towel for him, that would of been a bad way to end it, after all the hard work he put into this match with Okada. I'm glad the Young Bucks told him to trust Omega. If I didn't see the G1 Special with Omega winning the IWGP United States Title, I would of said Omega deserves the title win here, if not a third bout which I hope happens one day, Omega has it no doubt. The moment of the match for me is Okada going for the RainMaker and Kenny collapsing to the mat!! Kenny Omega's body gave out there, who can blame him when your in the ring with one of the best Wrestlers in the fucking game. What a battle with the time running out, Omega came ever so close to realize the dream of being World Champion. Looking back at both matches, I might like this second match even more than the previous one. Omega is so gassed he can barely move or get up when he's on the outside, and Okada isn't doing any better as he lays on his back looking into the Stars. Omega and Okada's legacies in NJPW grows after two wonderful matches, WHAT A FUCKING MATCH!

Real Women of Genius

Shuyaku

Status

Terry Funk vs Dory Funk JR[4/30/1981]

Brother vs Brother

-Two of the greatest Wrestlers to ever lace up the Boots inside the Squared Circle are going at it for the NWA International Heavyweight Championship. Easily one of the mos grueling matches I've seen in quite awhile and match is so simple and so well crafty between the two Funks it's amazing to watch. You can tell both guys had so much fun out there with each other, but at the same time both were very competitive and it showed during the match. The fans really wanted to see Terry Funk win the title over his big brother, but he got outsmarted by him instead. Youth couldn't bet experience and Dory had plenty of it going into this match. I like how during the match Dory the Champion told control and commanded the match and pretty much took little brother to school. Dory would just sit on him with a Headlock or Head Scissors or a Armlock and you believed that he was going to break it. You gotta believe it when the man is sweating from head to toe. Terry Funk would weather the storm and would get his chances late, but maybe if he would of picked up the pace he might of won over his brother.

Real Women of Genius

Thread Information