-Billed From-
    New York City

-Face/Heel/Tweener-
    Face

-Current Feuds-

-Non-FWA Accomplishments-
    Nothing that'd be recognized.

-FWA Accomplishments-
    FWA Tag Team Champion X2 (w/Christian Quinn and w/Randy Ramon)
    Zoey Ellis
    Gabrielle Montgomery
    Raquel Wednesday

-FWA Win-Loss Record-
    N/A

-Style of Wrestling-
    Despite being decently polished technically and knowing a few submissions as seen mostly in his earlier FWA work, Danny isn't naturally fluid performing most moves. However, he evolved over the years to a more explosive, volatile brawler rather than a ring general.

I’ve always wanted Danny to be presented as a scrappy, in your face, brawler. Not huge in stature but packs a mean punch and fights viciously/dirty (I suppose your view on this would depend on whether you are a Toner fan/detractor) with a lot of jaw-jacking. Wouldn’t ever be able to put on a technical master-class and I’d say he is actually a bit sloppy in-ring and hasn’t a wide range of moves. Awkward but comfortable with high-risk (nothing fancy really, more or less just fucking himself off things). Not well-versed in submissions but the one or two he uses (crossface/sharpshooter) he uses well. Wouldn’t cut it in a work-rate promotion or on the “indies” and his best matches are story and character driven rather than being technically sound. His very basic in-ring style; superkicks, spears, codebreaker etc lends itself well to his non-wrestling background. Developed his fighting style somewhat with his Carnal Contendership appearance (starting the match and being in the final four) as this proved he actually had quite a good engine. As time wears on in fights, however, he gets even more sloppy and desperate. Would hold his own in a spot-fest. I also always envisioned Danny as a good tag worker and a pretty great worker when it came to big feud matches.

Performs best in: big feud matchs, a straight up fight/brawl with an engaging rival or -10 minute hard-hitting sprints
    Least-favoured match situations: a “pure” wrestling match, submission matches or something like a 30-Minute Ironman Match as one on one for 30 mins in a non-hardcore environment would leave him horribly exposed
    Real life comparison: Dean Ambrose is probably the most accurate

-5 Perfected Moves-
    1. German Suplex (often bridged into a pin attempt)
    2. Spear
    3. Spinebuster
    4. The Closing Statement (Facebuster)
    5. Double-Axe Handle (off the top turnbuckle)

-Frequently Used Moves-
    1. Crossface
    2. Chicken Wing
    3. Boston Crab
    4. Sleeper-Hold
    5. Missile Dropkick
    6. Suplex
    7. Back Suplex
    8. Saitio Suplex
    9. Regal-Plex
    10. Headbutts
    11. Uppercuts
    12. Superkick
    13. Running Knee
    14. Diving Crossbody
    15. Suicide Dive

w/Christian Quinn
    1. Superkick (Toner) into bridging German Suplex (Quinn)
    2. Superkick (Toner) into releasing Tiger Suplex (Quinn)
    3. Headbutt (Toner) into Thor's Hammer (Quinn)

-Finishing Moves-
    1. The Clincher (Sharpshooter)
    2. The Equalizer (V-Trigger)
    3. Punt Kick - Used Rarely

-Base Pic-
    Leonardo DiCaprio

-Theme Music-
    Greenback Boogie by Ima Robot

-Background Information-
    Danny Toner is eloquent, well-educated self-made millionaire in the eyes of some and a fast-talking, quick-thinking conman in the eyes of others. Whatever light you view him there is an unanimous decision reached about Toner; he is a most persuasive, charming man that can seem to talk his way out of - or into - any situation imaginable. He has a way with words and he often leads people to think his plan is one thing when his intentions are completely different. As he says himself; "People hear what they want to hear." A man that talks the talk but also a man that can most certainly walk the walk.

-Introduction Promo-

****Things Ain't Gonna Be Different****

(A quiet murmuring was the only thing breaking the silence in a sparsely furnished, yet modern, interview room. On the massive stage is a table with a microphone in the middle and the sides of the stage are decorated with purple and black balloons. Along the right-hand side of the stage stood several security guards on the outside of a metal guard-rail. There was even music being played at a low volume out of the sound speakers on the main stage as the crowd made up of pro-wrestling's most respected writers, journalists and photographers seemed to be enjoying themselves. The event was going off perfectly, but now, now we were going to cut to the chase. The cameras cut to the stage itself and we see a man of average height dressed professionally in a pure black suit adorned with a purple dress shirt. This man is standing in front of an FWA-branded conference table which was equipped with several microphones and a chair. In front of the table, the man we previously seen is directing his attention - and plenty of toothy smiles - at the invited audience who have gathered to hear what this man has to say for himself. He sits down on a plush leather chair behind the table and speaks clearly into the microphone.)

???: "Some of you gathered here today may know me, others, may not. Let me make one thing clear; you will ALL know me very, very soon. My name is Danny Toner and I come from the greatest city on God's green Earth; New York City. I'm a self-made millionaire and I've had to scratch and claw my way to the top of my chosen field. Why am I telling you all this, you may ask? I speak these words to you because beneath my very handsome exterior is a rough, tough and hardened interior. I've been through more things in my 26 years on this planet then most of you will be through in all of your years ... combined. I fought to get to the very top and I'm damn proud of everything I've done and hell, if I want to brag about it - I've earned that god-damn right!"

(The gathered audience actually seems very impressed with Toner's words. He may be coming off a little cocky and full of himself but he seems completely sincere in his words. Danny takes a moment to recompose himself.)

Danny Toner: "Anyway, apologies, veered slightly off track. But you see the reason I gave you that little background check was because that determination, that ability to surge through the nitty-gritty resonates not only to my work but to every aspect of my life. That's going to be no different in the squared circle, it never has been and it won't be in the FWA. This is a business full of traps and pitfalls and I'm not going to lie; I'll plant more traps and lead people into more pitfalls than you'd ever imagine. I like a helluva lot of people but I only LOVE one ... and that's me. I'll do anything I can to get to the top of the mountain; and trust me I've gotten to the top in every other freakin' aspect of my life and it ain't going to be any different here. I'm Danny Toner and you're looking at FWA's next breakout star. Thank you for your time ladies and gents."

{start at 00:18}

(As Danny Toner's theme music blares over the music system set up he stands up and poses for a few photos. After the flashes of light-bulbs and the clicking of camera die down he raises his hand in acknowledgement to the gathered crowd and in response they clap the impressive, ambitious young man as he walks off stage.)​

Last edited by Tig; 04-18-2018 at 09:10 AM.

Huggin' and Kissin'

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Re: Danny Toner

Tweaked move-set, added new finisher, added a whole new section on wrestling style to try and assist match-writers. Tidied up a bit.

God of Destruction

Status
      Country                    Slovak Republic

I love the accomplishments

As a match writer I can tell you I usually check only style and finishers
    Last edited by Wolfs Rain; 04-18-2018 at 10:32 AM.
    "You only need to hang mean bastards, but mean bastards you need to hang."

Huggin' and Kissin'

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfs Rain View Post
    I love the accomplishments

As a match writer I can tell you I usually check only style and finishers

Cheers for the adivce ... Should I list it all under style then? Would that make it easier?

I absolutely suck at formatting and things like this.

God of Destruction

Status

I’ve always wanted Danny to be presented as a scrappy, in your face, brawler.
    This is enough. I see this and I am like okay he is going to do knees, punches, backbreaker DDTs, spinebuster, neckbreaker etc. and if I need extra move I just check the bio.

It is more like do not expect me to use the moves you list. I am only staying true to the wrestlers style

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

See, Im slightly the opposite. To me the best people to write are Cyrus Truth and Tristan Galloway, as well as Jason Randall because of their bios.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Everyone's different. I like it when people have signatures and specific moves. The more information on that, the better.

Profile looks fine to me Tig.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

God of Destruction

Status

Speaking of Cyrus I can't find his bio

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

CWA section

I am working on updating FN roster and adding links to bio etc.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Also, tonight Ill be cleaning up the Sign Up section

Thread Information