Status
      Country                    Jamaica

NJPW NJPW Sakura Genesis 2017

April 9th, 2017
    Ryōgoku Kokugikan (Sumo Hall)
    Tokyo, Japan

Dark/Pre-show

Six Man Tag Match
    David Finlay, Jushin Liger and Manabu Nakanishi vs Hirai Kawato, Katsuya Kitamura and Tomoyuki Oka

Main Show

Eight Man Tag Match
    Tiger Mask IV, Tiger Mask W, Togi Makabe and Yuji Nagata vs Bullet Club (Hangman Page, Tama Tonga, Tanga Roa and Yujiro Takahashi)

Six Man Tag Match
    Suzuki-gun (El Desperado, Minoru Suzuki and TAKA Michinoku) vs CHAOS (Beretta, Rocky Romero and YOSHI-HASHI)

IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Title Match
    Suzuki-gun (Taichi and Yoshinobu Kanemaru) (c) vs CHAOS (Jado and Gedo)

Tag Match

Bullet Club (Kenny Omega and Bad Luck Fale) vs CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano)

Eight Man Tag Match

Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI, EVIL, SANADA and Tetsuya Naito) vs Taguchi Japan (Hiroshi Tanahashi, Juice Robinson, Ricochet and Ryusuke Taguchi)

IWGP Heavyweight Tag Title Match
    Tencozy (Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Satoshi Kojima) (c) vs War Machine (Hanson and Raymond Rowe)

NEVER Openweight Title Match

Hirooki Goto (c) vs Zack Sabre Jr.

IWGP Jr Heavyweight Title Match

Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs KUSHIDA

IWGP Heavyweight Title Match

Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Katsuyori Shibata

Okada gonna steamroll Shibata in 15 minutes.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Re: NJPW Sakura Genesis 2017

So War Machine is going fucking over, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucha Bear
    Well...you can't have anything in life

I HAVE STARTED STREAMING MY GAME SESSIONS
    ...COME AND CHECK IT OUT IF YOU'RE BORED,OK?

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

So into those last four title matches announced. Should all be good.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    People Obsessed With Nicky: RainShaker, indyfan
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Zack Sabre Jr for the much needed win for Suzuki gun, Kushida to win the title and Okada to retain with omega challenging him for a rematch afterwards.
    Koi Suru Fortune Cookie

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    So War Machine is going fucking over, right?
    I'm not sure. They might keep the belts on Tencozy for another while. Feels like they might wait to give WM the belts. Depends if they want to present them as faces or heels but I feel like they're the sort who would be a good face tag team to crush some sort of heel champs in future. I dunno. Tag division is hard to figure out. Been a bit over the place recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Darling Nicky View Post
    So into those last four title matches announced. Should all be good.
    Looking forward to them myself. Quite unsure on who's winning them too... maybe apart from Okada. Get the feeling Okada is going over on the basis that Shibata winning the big one would happen at a bigger show. But at least Shibata should put in a performance that gets him recognised as a legit main eventer now. Should be ready to fill the gap of Omega potentially leaving.

Not sure on Goto/ZSJ. I can't say I'm really high on ZSJ in NJPW, just not sure how well he fits in. Really not sure what Goto does if he loses either.

KUSHIDA/Hiromu is tough to figure out. I'd assume KUSHIDA is going to lose but, again, not sure where he goes from there. Unless KUSHIDA wins and Hiromu wins BOSJ to get the belt back but that might feel like a slight waste.

Can't wait for the five star classic that will be the IWGP Jr Heavyweight Tag Title match

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Sweet Meat

Status

Also depends on War Machine's future, which is up in the air still supposedly

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulShake View Post
    I'

Looking forward to them myself. Quite unsure on who's winning them too... maybe apart from Okada. Get the feeling Okada is going over on the basis that Shibata winning the big one would happen at a bigger show. But at least Shibata should put in a performance that gets him recognised as a legit main eventer now. Should be ready to fill the gap of Omega potentially leaving.

But you could have said that about aj styles winning the belt at wrestling donaku, its not exactly a huge show and its smaller then Sakura Genesis.
    Koi Suru Fortune Cookie

Status

True but completely different booking scenario. AJ Styles had to win to make his debut mean something and to make him a big insta threat. There was no upside to AJ losing.

Shibata doesn't need to win as his NJ Cup win is enough to show that he's taking a big step towards main eventing and all he needs is a big performance to make him seem like a big star. I'm certain he will face the likes of Okada and Naito multiple times over the next few years.

A better counterpoint would've been to say Naito since he won at Invasion Attack last yeae. However, I get the feeling Shibata's title win is the culmination of his story whereas Naito's wasn't. Shibata could still win at this show but I just don't see it. Smaller show reason aside (it's not a super concrete reason really, just my own inkling) he probably wouldn't get a long reign out of it and I feel like that would be a waste and they'd probably give him something more than a transitional reign for his first go around.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

FUCK FACE

Status
      Country                    England

Big time main event, and then the two title matches under it are obviously a draw too. It's not often you get the Jr's as the semi main event of a big show. Rest of the show is pretty meh to me, disappointing to see both Omega and Ishii in a nothing tag match after they've been highlights for the promotion so far in 2017, and I'm sick of these LIJ 8 mans.

I bet Okada has another great main event and will still be criticised for it. Hoping Shibata wins, don't think he will.

Momoiro Nekketsu Seinen S-Mod

Status

Yeah Ed, who do we know that criticized Okada's match with Omega a bunch?

As I said previously ZSJ to me would mean more as a Junior than a Goto level Heavyweight. I could easily see him winning the title though or at least a screwy finish to set up a rematch. Should be interesting, they aren't a natural pairing.

The main event though my general "over it" feeling with those two is still intriguing for a couple of reasons. The winner is in some doubt though I expect and am personally rooting for Okada to win.

I wish it was someone else facing Hiromu. They didn't mesh together the first time and both of Hiromu's matches have been different and better since. Would have preferred a fresh challenger.

The tag titles match should be quite good. TenCozy feel like they have a lot of steam right now being the unofficial representative of Honma.

The rest of the card me but the title matches should deliver. Hot take, Juice gets the win in the Atomicos match and challenges Naito later on.
    HEADBUTT~

Keep Dreaming~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

FUCK FACE

Status
      Country                    England

He deserved it for the Omega match because he sleptwalked through most of it, but I do think he's gets too much shit.

The EST of WC

Status

Huh, NJPW love multiman tag matches don't they? Gonna take me a while to get used to it

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    Huh, NJPW love multiman tag matches don't they? Gonna take me a while to get used to it
    Yeah, they are pretty bad but they make up for it in the main vent and midcard. For every Izukia there is a Naito
    Koi Suru Fortune Cookie

Still Kicking It

Status

Shibata didn't get the title? The guy worked his ass off last year and more than redeemed himself. Plus, you are in a promotion that has plenty of Zigglers and not enough Stone Colds.

Status

the event hasn't happened yet

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

Was about to say, I had to check my self. The event is on the 9th
    Koi Suru Fortune Cookie

Status

Lower card is lower card.

Taguchi Japan are so fucking good.

Tag match with them and LIJ was really great. I also think that Ricochet would be great to step up to the HW division after that. Him vs Sanada could be buckets of fun. Naito's selling of Juice's finisher was great and makes him seem like a real title threat.

Heavyweight Tag Title match was alright. Cool post match stuff.

ZSJ vs Goto was fucking great, I thought. Felt 60-40 on Goto winning... and now we're getting Suzuki vs Goto at some point. Excellent.

I can't believe KUSHIDA lost as quick as that. What the fuck's going on? But eh, Ricochet showing up means he's not going heavyweight soon... and Takahashi vs Ricochet going to be fun as balls. Still KUSHIDA losing in 1:56... he just got mega fucking buried. Or he's injured.

Shibata vs Okada.

No fucking words. That was INCREDIBLE. I thought we'd see Shibata beat the shit out of Okada and Okada would show his championship worth by being incredibly resilient and winning by the skin of his teeth. It fits his story so far and you know someone is going to topple him eventually. Shibata looked fucking awesome. Absolutely outstanding. Shibata no selling the rainmaker was amazing. Big Dave will be likely giving it the five star treatment. Maybe even six stars in all honesty. I was into it a bit more than Omega/Okada. And Okada's streak of having top main events continues.

Get the feeling Okada will be dropping the belt soon... maybe at the G1 specials to Omega. Then he's going undefeated in the G1

Looking like Juice/Naito and Okada/Fale for the Toyo/Dontaku shows. Both should be good fun.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 04-09-2017 at 07:02 AM.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Momoiro Nekketsu Seinen S-Mod

Status

Nothing besides the Jr. Tag Titles match was bad at all, enjoyable in some ways. Boy do those Jr. Tag Teams suck though. Good luck to RPG Vice. Also don't understand the protection of Yano in the tag match. And why didn't Fale get the pin?

The LIJ match was good for what it was but I'm about ready for a shakeup in what they do.

I liked the tag titles match a lot actually and would recommend it, War Machine to me is right up there as a tag team and I'm very hopeful they get a long run with the belts to make these things mean something for once.

ZSJ/Goto was headed towards being great but all the interference was stupid and took me out of it. That said I was happy because it actually had Goto overcoming the odds and looking strong for once. I'm not looking forward to Suzuki getting a title shot at all and I don't know why they went away from the Suzuki/YOSHI-HASHI match they teased earlier in the show.

I LOVED the Junior title match and thought it was a brilliant decision booking wise if it was planned. Think this is the kinda thing they should have done with KUSHIDA last year and they dropped the ball. I think the division is rising in prominence for the first time in years due to him and they should keep pushing him strongly. I hope he dominates and wins the BOSJ. KUSHIDA means nothing in the grand scheme of things (thanks to last year) and loses nothing, if anything he has a great redemption story in play now. Also for a match that was a freaking great sprint.

If the main event falls out of my top 5 for the year, I'll be surprised. Whatever I think of these guys, I have to give it up to their in-ring abilities together as they produced one hell of a match and way overdelivered on all my expectations. For sure the MOTY from NJPW and I probably would have it #1 overall at the moment. Just a true epic and hopefully this "Okada is overcriticized" narrative can die. When he puts on bad performances he gets criticized like against Omega and Suzuki (who some people like anyway because they're so invested in NJPW it doesn't really matter how a main event match goes), there wasn't a single person that buried him or this match that I saw. As is, I would put it up there as the best match of either man's careers in mind, and definitely a must see. Both men did great and Shibata's time will come.

...Unlike Ishii. Who will never get his well deserved G1 Title shot.

Ratings:
    Young Lions vs. Finlay/Liger/Nakanishi: **
    Team Tiger/Bullet Club: **1/4
    HASHI-VICE/SZKG: **1/2
    Jr. Tag Titles: 1/2*
    Omega/Fale vs Ishii/Yano: *3/4
    Taguchi Japan/LIJ: ***1/4
    Tag Titles: ***3/4
    Goto/ZSJ: ***1/2
    Hiromu/KUSHIDA: ***1/2
    Main Event: ****3/4
    HEADBUTT~

Keep Dreaming~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

BTB Legend

Status

Comments

I loved the main event. I thought it was fantastic. I just had two issues with it. I thought the stiff headbutts were beyond stupid. There is no need to do something as reckless as that, that has no upside. I also thought that Shibata went down too easily after dishing out so much punishment to Okada. Okada was beaten on for about ten minutes and for him to come back and put Shibata away with just a few moves in a few minutes I felt put Okada over at the expense of Shibata. I thought it took too much away from Shibata that he could beat on Okada for so long without getting win, and dishing out some super stiff punishment in the process, only for Okada to come back almost effortlessly to get the win. Had Okada's comeback lasted at least as long as Shibata's stretch of offence, thereby getting across a sense of parity between the two, it would have been so much better, for everyone. I think it would have raised a fantastic match that little bit higher.

BTB Newcomer of the Year 2012
    BTB of the Year 2012

Status

Re: Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Nothing besides the Jr. Tag Titles match was bad at all, enjoyable in some ways. Boy do those Jr. Tag Teams suck though. Good luck to RPG Vice. Also don't understand the protection of Yano in the tag match. And why didn't Fale get the pin?

The LIJ match was good for what it was but I'm about ready for a shakeup in what they do.

I liked the tag titles match a lot actually and would recommend it, War Machine to me is right up there as a tag team and I'm very hopeful they get a long run with the belts to make these things mean something for once.

ZSJ/Goto was headed towards being great but all the interference was stupid and took me out of it. That said I was happy because it actually had Goto overcoming the odds and looking strong for once. I'm not looking forward to Suzuki getting a title shot at all and I don't know why they went away from the Suzuki/YOSHI-HASHI match they teased earlier in the show.

I LOVED the Junior title match and thought it was a brilliant decision booking wise if it was planned. Think this is the kinda thing they should have done with KUSHIDA last year and they dropped the ball. I think the division is rising in prominence for the first time in years due to him and they should keep pushing him strongly. I hope he dominates and wins the BOSJ. KUSHIDA means nothing in the grand scheme of things (thanks to last year) and loses nothing, if anything he has a great redemption story in play now. Also for a match that was a freaking great sprint.

If the main event falls out of my top 5 for the year, I'll be surprised. Whatever I think of these guys, I have to give it up to their in-ring abilities together as they produced one hell of a match and way overdelivered on all my expectations. For sure the MOTY from NJPW and I probably would have it #1 overall at the moment. Just a true epic and hopefully this "Okada is overcriticized" narrative can die. When he puts on bad performances he gets criticized like against Omega and Suzuki (who some people like anyway because they're so invested in NJPW it doesn't really matter how a main event match goes), there wasn't a single person that buried him or this match that I saw. As is, I would put it up there as the best match of either man's careers in mind, and definitely a must see. Both men did great and Shibata's time will come.

...Unlike Ishii. Who will never get his well deserved G1 Title shot.

Ratings:
    Young Lions vs. Finlay/Liger/Nakanishi: **
    Team Tiger/Bullet Club: **1/4
    HASHI-VICE/SZKG: **1/2
    Jr. Tag Titles: 1/2*
    Omega/Fale vs Ishii/Yano: *3/4
    Taguchi Japan/LIJ: ***1/4
    Tag Titles: ***3/4
    Goto/ZSJ: ***1/2
    Hiromu/KUSHIDA: ***1/2
    Main Event: ****3/4
    I'd guess it was just Omega getting his win back on Ishii to be honest. Given what happened later, It would make sense for Fale to get the pin. Goto overcoming Suzuki was awesome and I thought ZSJ performed farely well in the match though I have issues with how he got pinned and was back up on his feet a couple of seconds later despite taking a series of brutal moves.

Okada in the moty for Zero so far... pigs be flying bruv.

Quote Originally Posted by EgoFantastico View Post
    I loved the main event. I thought it was fantastic. I just had two issues with it. I thought the stiff headbutts were beyond stupid. There is no need to do something as reckless as that, that has no upside. I also thought that Shibata went down too easily after dishing out so much punishment to Okada. Okada was beaten on for about ten minutes and for him to come back and put Shibata away with just a few moves in a few minutes I felt put Okada over at the expense of Shibata. I thought it took too much away from Shibata that he could beat on Okada for so long without getting win, and dishing out some super stiff punishment in the process, only for Okada to come back almost effortlessly to get the win. Had Okada's comeback lasted at least as long as Shibata's stretch of offence, thereby getting across a sense of parity between the two, it would have been so much better, for everyone. I think it would have raised a fantastic match that little bit higher.
    I don't think Shibata has lost much at all. It was his first time facing Okada in a championship situation and, correct me if wrong, but also first time going super long in a match. The whole point, to me, seems that it was about Shibata stepping up and putting in a great performance worthy of being a main event star. If anything, his stock rises after this match because he beat the living shit out of the champion and came very close to winning the belt - only to be undone by a back-to-the-wall Okada pulling moves out of his arsenal in sheer desperation... which seems to be the running theme for Okada right now. It fits the story well as Okada isn't just sweeping people aside, he's trying to beat them at their own game and failing horribly, he's taking a long time to get the victory and he's looking incredibly vulnerable. It's going to be his downfall, eventually. I'd say that, if anything, Okada is the one who is slipping and eventually his desperation mode moves aren't going to save him. And now Shibata joins the likes of Omega and Naito as a viable contender for dethroning Okada after that. I'd say Shibata was the moral victor and he looks super legit now whilst Okada is weakening.

Shibata apparently collapsed backstage after the match and was taken to hospital - he was able to talk but was apparently out of it and was numb on the right side of his body. He had a hematoma and received surgery. He's out of the next tour.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 04-10-2017 at 03:32 AM.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Thread Information