Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NFL Mafia: Win or Go Home

Peanut Butter Enthusiast

Status

Re: NFL Mafia: Win or Go Home

Awesome! I'll be sending out roles two weeks from today, with the game starting the following Monday afternoon.

One aspect of the game I wanted to discuss with you guys...TGO's game had the rule where if there was no majority lynch reached after 24 hours, the person with the most votes will be lynched. This is opposed to the traditional style of there being a no lynch.

Would you guy's like to keep TGO's method for this game, or go back to the traditional style? Or maybe a hybrid where on Day 1 where there's often that no lynch we do it then, and go back to the traditional style for the other days?

Discuss it and we'll decide which one we want for the game.

#Kony2012

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

I like it, but it probably makes things harder for mafia. Well, maybe not. It definitely helps the game go a bit quicker, so that's nice.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Peanut Butter Enthusiast

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dookie Sanders View Post
    I like it, but it probably makes things harder for mafia. Well, maybe not. It definitely helps the game go a bit quicker, so that's nice.
    I think it actually gives mafia an edge. They were able to get Eyes out with 6 votes in the Buffy game on Day 1 when normally it would have needed 11. Most games though that I've been apart of so far have had a no lynch on Day 1.

It could really go either way. I'm fine with this game having either option.

#Kony2012

God's Gift to God

Status

I'm in as long as yall aren't super hardcore about the once a day posting thing. When I'm at work I'm busy and can't always check plus mafia can just rush votes etc.

ily

Peanut Butter Enthusiast

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulCoxatron View Post
    I'm in as long as yall aren't super hardcore about the once a day posting thing. When I'm at work I'm busy and can't always check plus mafia can just rush votes etc.

ily
    We're going to be reasonable with it.

What do you think about the lynch style? No lynch if no majority reached or person with the most votes if no majority?'

#Kony2012

God's Gift to God

Status

Depends. Buffy was probably the quickest big game due to the majority dies rule. If you max out the game with 20+ I'd probably vote to use that rule.

In fact I might suggest that any game over 20 people uses that rule anyway in order to speed up the games a tad so we can keep the number of games rolling since lots of people want to run them. Then in smaller games utilize the majority lynch rule.

ily

Σκιάς όναρ άνθρωπος

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    Greece

I will echo what Cox said in the post above.

The RED Heritage - A Mafia Game (Arrives on April 24th) / #WC4Horsemen / R.I.P. Flock U

Peanut Butter Enthusiast

Status

That sounds logical and reasonable. Ok then, if we're over 20 we'll adopt that rule. Under 20 which hopefully we aren't then we'll keep it traditional.

#Kony2012

Established Veteran

Status

But I wouldn't use that rule if you have a ton of people with one off kills and such because then the game may go TOO quick.

God's Gift to God

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sayer View Post
    But I wouldn't use that rule if you have a ton of people with one off kills and such because then the game may go TOO quick.
    I would agree with this but it allows the creator more freedom to possibly allow the game to be purposely quicker. I wanted house to be a faster game and it was exactly that. While usually I think allowing the creator ultimate freedom is best, with mafia gaining so much traction and gaining new players we were bound to run into a crunch for time. There's more games in the channel now than we've had. I think with things getting a bit more serious the overall structure probably needs to evolve with it.

Making 20+ games require majority kill will help speed the game and possibly limit the effect of inactives. Smaller games requiring majority lynch will keep the general speed in line with a normal game. It's inevitable that Inactivity will happen and a majority kill can at least dance around it for a bit or possibly give those players a chance to contribute without killing them immediately.

Having zero say in the matter I think that as a general rule could really help the section continue to prosper and gain new players. I'd also suggest at least a week between games to prevent mass burnout. People commonly need time off before jumping into another one and, especially for bigger games, creating a static one week gap between games allows the rest and allows games to be spaced more efficient instead of people clamoring to run a game and it ending up jammed.

ily

Future Pink Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Shake is mafia. Serious post.
    The Amazing Spider-Man Review Thread
    ​​
    3/9 Assignments Finished - then - FREEDOM!

Brit Wres | Indie Wres | Lucha | Puro

Peanut Butter Enthusiast

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Positive Jon View Post
    Shake is mafia. Serious post.
    You know you wanna play Jon

#Kony2012

Peanut Butter Enthusiast

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulCoxatron View Post
    I would agree with this but it allows the creator more freedom to possibly allow the game to be purposely quicker. I wanted house to be a faster game and it was exactly that. While usually I think allowing the creator ultimate freedom is best, with mafia gaining so much traction and gaining new players we were bound to run into a crunch for time. There's more games in the channel now than we've had. I think with things getting a bit more serious the overall structure probably needs to evolve with it.

Making 20+ games require majority kill will help speed the game and possibly limit the effect of inactives. Smaller games requiring majority lynch will keep the general speed in line with a normal game. It's inevitable that Inactivity will happen and a majority kill can at least dance around it for a bit or possibly give those players a chance to contribute without killing them immediately.

Having zero say in the matter I think that as a general rule could really help the section continue to prosper and gain new players. I'd also suggest at least a week between games to prevent mass burnout. People commonly need time off before jumping into another one and, especially for bigger games, creating a static one week gap between games allows the rest and allows games to be spaced more efficient instead of people clamoring to run a game and it ending up jammed.

ily
    If we do carry over TGO's rule for this game, it'd be the same way. Majority lynch is still required to end the end. It's just that after a whole 24 hours if there is no majority, then the debate is should there be a no lynch or should the person with the most votes be lynched.

It only came into play once in TGO's game. I'm leaning towards using it for this game, I'll ask Broc what he thinks.

Also as far as inactivity goes...I'm thinking two days without a post might be a mod kill. We'll be lenient, check up and give warnings. And like TGO we'll also try to give ETAs for when days will start again, and if they go fast and don't give some people a chance to post their thoughts we'll give a little extra time. I understand the times of days can go pretty fast, so I might try to consider how many hours somebody has missed rather than actual days and compare that to the other players before Broc and I make a decision to mod kill. It probably won't even be that straight forward but more of a case by case thing. Like if someone who signed up back when I posted the thread doesn't show up at all for the first two days of the game then that'd be a mod kill. But someone I know before hand has work and other things going on and is at least making an attempt to be active then that could be excusable.

One thing I'd suggest is if you know you may be less active, try to find a time of the day where the game is live and there are a lot of people talking. Make posts on your thoughts. What a lot of guys who struggled to keep up with TGO's game did was when they had free time they'd show up and make one overall post based on all the info they crammed. Do that sure, but quote people. Make a couple posts and engage in conversation. You could probably do that in 10 minutes.

Plus I won't be in this game so you don't have to worry about catching up with 20 pages filled with half of my posts every time you check the thread :p

#Kony2012

God's Gift to God

Status

You know you want it

[you know want it]

HE DON'T WANT NONE HE DON'T WANT NONE

BAH GAWD WHAT A TWIST

ily

Thread Information