Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion Thread - March 20th, 2017

[Blank Space]

Status

Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion Thread - March 20th, 2017

Strowman's in the tough position of needing to keep Roman busy for when Taker's off TV and presumably give him something for the next PPV, but at the same time needs to keep Roman strong for the bigger marquee match at WM.

Quite frankly, I'm stunned they haven't Rusev'd him yet

BRAAAAAAUN!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Strowman's in the tough position of needing to keep Roman busy for when Taker's off TV and presumably give him something for the next PPV, but at the same time needs to keep Roman strong for the bigger marquee match at WM.

Quite frankly, I'm stunned they haven't Rusev'd him yet
    Feels like its almost there.

Its a lose-lose situation for Braun either way. He either turns the Mania match into a triple threat where he more than likely eats the pin so both Taker and Reigns can look strong, or he basically just goes "you two guys are too tough and scary for me" and just leaves them alone and goes and squashes some jobbers on the pre show. He'd be fine if they just had Takers gong go off at Fastlane to distract Roman and give Braun the dirty win that protects Roman, at which point Braun could have just gone off into the Battle Royal as an unstoppable beast. He just looks like a background player as it is, there to make Taker and Reigns look good.

Thanks to Jabberwocky for the amazing Gabrielle gif

Olympic Hero Smod

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    England

There is absolutely no way Braun is getting added to the match.

There is no logical reason for them to do that.

My money is still on him destroying everyone in the battle royal.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Braun will most certainly win the battle royal. I'm not liking his pairing with Roman because it will damage strowman so much.

#Pimpin'

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    There is absolutely no way Braun is getting added to the match.

There is no logical reason for them to do that.

My money is still on him destroying everyone in the battle royal.

Braun's basically been involved with Reigns since January and on top of that Taker chokeslamming him out of nowhere now gives him even more of a reason to be involved in this match. If you wanna talk about logical then if anything he has much more of a reason to be in this match than to just be stuck in the battle royal on in the final week of build.

Olympic Hero Smod

Status
      Country                    England

I just don't see it. There's one week to go and they already have other matches with multiple people in.

Having said that the way Taker looks in the ring now makes me think maybe two people working with him would be better. I just don't see anything other than a singles match which Reigns wins clean.

[Blank Space]

Status

Reigns/Taker is the money match, Braun would only take away from that spectacle.

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    Wales

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    Feels like its almost there.

Its a lose-lose situation for Braun either way. He either turns the Mania match into a triple threat where he more than likely eats the pin so both Taker and Reigns can look strong, or he basically just goes "you two guys are too tough and scary for me" and just leaves them alone and goes and squashes some jobbers on the pre show. He'd be fine if they just had Takers gong go off at Fastlane to distract Roman and give Braun the dirty win that protects Roman, at which point Braun could have just gone off into the Battle Royal as an unstoppable beast. He just looks like a background player as it is, there to make Taker and Reigns look good.
    There is the third option of Braun wins the Battle Royal first, then takes out Reigns after the win or even both men to give us a double dq. Now I know the latter would never, ever happen at a WM, but how good would it be to see it happen haha.
    I have a plan so cunning......

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Reigns/Taker is the money match, Braun would only take away from that spectacle.
    Honestly can't imagine many would prefer Reigns vs Taker over a three way including Braun. Most people don't give a flying fuck about this match.

I know I sound like a broken record but good god, Rusev should never been neutered.

The Worldwide 96 has concluded and a World Champion has been crowned,
    but we're far from finished scratching our tournament itch. Introducing...

The above image will lead you to an index for Tournament Road.
    The links below cover everything leading to these tournaments.

BIG-ASS RECAP | TRIFECTA | SHOWCASE 1 | SHOWCASE 2

Quote Originally Posted by Meatwad View Post
    If anyone knows me then one things for sure, I know BTB's, and this is by far the best one.
    Spoiler:

[Blank Space]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    Honestly can't imagine many would prefer Reigns vs Taker over a three way including Braun. Most people don't give a flying fuck about this match.
    I think the triple threat would be the higher quality match, but I don't believe for a minute it's a bigger draw than the first ever (and potentially only knowing Taker's schedule) singles match between the two.

Shit Into The Fire

Status

Taker works you guys every year into thinking he's not in good shape at all and that he won't be able to put in a good performance. If Reigns/Taker isn't one of the best matches at mania I'll be stunned.

potential match quality is hypothetical anyway, key thing to me is Taker/Reigns is a marque match, it's one of the few on the card that screams Wrestlemania, you can't be changing that to a triple threat with a week to go.

#Pimpin'

Status

Reigns/Taker is defo the "money match" in terms of appeal but i dunno if its THAT much of a money match or THAT much of a spectacle. If you gave people the choice between Reigns and a bunch of other top level superstars on who would you want to see face Taker at Mania I don't believe Reigns would be anywhere near the top of of that list. I see Reigns/Taker as more of a "oh this is happening? should be pretty good" rather than "I can't WAIT to see this happen".

Frankly I would just throw Strowman into the mix and generate a memorable match out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Taker works you guys every year into thinking he's not in good shape at all and that he won't be able to put in a good performance. If Reigns/Taker isn't one of the best matches at mania I'll be stunned.

potential match quality is hypothetical anyway, key thing to me is Taker/Reigns is a marque match, it's one of the few on the card that screams Wrestlemania, you can't be changing that to a triple threat with a week to go.
    Even if you wanna excludes last year's awfulness his matches with both Bray & Lesnar wasn't exactly great and you can see how much he's slowing down. The Summerslam match was solid enough i guess. The HIAC 2015 match was arguably his best match since Mania 29. He's not terrible but he's clearly losing his step year by year.
    Last edited by CGS; 03-21-2017 at 04:29 PM.

Shit Into The Fire

Status

I'll openly admit the build has been lame and all my interest in the match is based on how the match appeals on paper. I'm struggling to think of anyone I'd rather see subbed into the match though for Reigns because to me their styles match up well; it's the big match WWE PPV main event style wrestler of the present day Vs arguably the best ever at that style of WWE match with big moves and multiple finisher kick outs. Reigns to me seems a perfect opponent for an Undertaker Wrestlemania match. Maybe I'd sub in Cena because it's a joke that match still hasn't happened at mania, but for me Cena has not had a good match that hasn't involved AJ Styles for well over a year and Reigns has been more reliable in the ring for some years now.

[Blank Space]

Status

The only reason I talk down the chances of the match is because Taker didn't look too great at the rumble. CGS certainly adds to the point though.

But yeah, apart from Cena, Taker/Reigns is the next best match they could run with him.

HOSS MOD

Status

Nothing good can come from making this a Triple Threat with Strowman. And that's coming from somebody who loves HOSS WRESTLING more than just about everybody here. Reason why? There's no great outcome.

If Strowman wins the Triple Threat, it's a decently big victory, but it's diluted some by it being a Triple Threat. Unless Strowman goes Lesnar and just dominates, which he won't, it won't have the punch a proper one-on-one with either man would have.

If Taker goes over, little is accomplished.

If Truth forbid Reigns goes over clean and remains a babyface, the collective contents of that stadium will release their bowels in abject loathing and disgust.

#Pimpin'

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus Truth View Post
    Nothing good can come from making this a Triple Threat with Strowman. And that's coming from somebody who loves HOSS WRESTLING more than just about everybody here. Reason why? There's no great outcome.

If Strowman wins the Triple Threat, it's a decently big victory, but it's diluted some by it being a Triple Threat. Unless Strowman goes Lesnar and just dominates, which he won't, it won't have the punch a proper one-on-one with either man would have.

If Taker goes over, little is accomplished.

If Truth forbid Reigns goes over clean and remains a babyface, the collective contents of that stadium will release their bowels in abject loathing and disgust.
    I would argue that Taker/Reigns in itself has no great outcome. The match only works if it leads to a Reigns heel turn in the close future. A Taker win does nothing and a Reigns win where he stays face does even less.

I would love to see the WWE go full force and actually have Reigns win ad turn heel but they are so damn determined to create a Cena 2.0 out of him that I feel he will remain face here no matter what. It doesn't help when Vince motivation for this match was apparently a 'passing of the torch'.

Like I said before I just don't truly buy this as the huge spectacle that it's supposed to be. Reigns simply isn't the guy the company want him to be just yet. Reigns will most likely go over in whatever match they go with but at least adding strowman gives it another dimension

HOSS MOD

Status

True, but Taker winning against just Reigns will at least make the fans happy. And considering the other alternatives of that match outside of Reigns turning heel aren't great, I will take one guy losing to a part-timer over two, thank you very much.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus Truth View Post
    Unless Reigns turns full blown heel in his match with Taker, nothing good can come from their singles match by the same logic. They could easily have a great triple threat that ends with Reigns spearing Taker and then going for the Spear on Braun but Braun fucks him up and wins. The fans will be just as happy with Braun winning a triple threat against Roman/Taker as they would be seeing Taker beat Reigns, except this way the rub goes to someone who will benefit from it.

A big Mania win is a big Mania win, so I don't care for the argument that Braun Strowman beating both Taker and Reigns cheapens things. Putting a match together that we didn't really care about in the first place is what cheapened things.

The Worldwide 96 has concluded and a World Champion has been crowned,
    but we're far from finished scratching our tournament itch. Introducing...

The above image will lead you to an index for Tournament Road.
    The links below cover everything leading to these tournaments.

BIG-ASS RECAP | TRIFECTA | SHOWCASE 1 | SHOWCASE 2

Quote Originally Posted by Meatwad View Post
    If anyone knows me then one things for sure, I know BTB's, and this is by far the best one.
    Spoiler:

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

I'd prefer a triple threat, as I agree with Natty (... I need to lay down) that nothing good comes from a singles match either. At least a triple threat would be a better match and give me SOME doubt for how it goes.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Thread Information