Page 1 of 18 123 11 ... LastLast

Thread: NXT TakeOver: Orlando - April 1, 2017 - Card & Discussion

Olympic Hero Smod

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    England

NXT Takeover Special NXT TakeOver: Orlando - April 1, 2017 - Card & Discussion

NXT Champion Bobby Roode vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    If NXT Champion Bobby Roode wants to continue his glorious title reign, he’ll have to do so by defeating Shinsuke Nakamura at TakeOver: Orlando.

Roode hasn’t been shy about reminding everyone why he is such a magnificent champion, or all the ways his reign atop NXT has helped elevate the brand to new heights. The titleholder is due for a rude awakening, however, if he thinks he’s in for anything less than a war in his rematch against The King of Strong Style on Saturday, April 1, at TakeOver.

The veteran Roode successfully defended his the NXT Championship by holding off a determined Kassius Ohno in a classic contest on the March 15 edition of NXT. But now he must face Nakamura, who is surely looking for retribution after their last brutal battle. Roode defeated Nakamura in their first clash at TakeOver: San Antonio, not only winning the NXT Title from the Japanese Superstar, but also putting him on the sidelines with a knee injury for more than a month.

Nakamura seems to be at full strength, but will there be any hesitation from The King of Strong Style to get back inside the ring with the champion? Can his knee deliver his devastating Kinshasa en route to his third NXT Title, or will the ruthless Roode do something that few before him have ever done: Beat Nakamura twice? Find out at TakeOver: Orlando on Saturday, April 1, live on WWE Network at 8 ET/5 PT.

NXT Tag Team Champions The Authors of Pain vs. #DIY vs. The Revival (Triple Threat Elimination Match)

NXT Tag Team Champions The Authors of Pain will have to demolish two teams to hang onto their titles at TakeOver: Orlando, as they will defend against both #DIY and The Revival in a Triple Threat Elimination Match.

Akam & Rezar shocked the NXT Universe at TakeOver: San Antonio when they defeated Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa to capture the titles. However, the resilient #DIY was not about to let Paul Ellering’s monsters get away without a fight. The duo fought valiantly in their guaranteed rematch, only for their championship dreams to be dashed by The Revival, who interfered in the match.

Scott Dawson & Dash Wilder have made it clear that they believe themselves to be the best tag team walking the planet today, and they’ll do anything to prove it, even if it draws the ire of the menacing champions. The Revival have targeted Akam & Rezar in recent weeks, attacking The Authors of Pain from behind and even hitting Akam with their devastating Shatter Machine. Dash & Dawson have always managed to escape the wrath of the monsters, leaving The Authors hungry for vengeance.

When all three teams squared off in a war of words on the March 15 edition of NXT, NXT General Manager William Regal was left with no other option but to put them in a Triple Threat Elimination Match at TakeOver, where the match will continue until only one tandem is left standing.

Can #DIY topple their two biggest rivals? Will The Revival pick up a record third NXT Tag Team Championship? Or will The Authors of Pain’s trademark brand of carnage reign supreme? Find out at NXT TakeOver: Orlando, live Saturday, April 1 at 8 ET/5 PT, on the award-winning WWE Network!

NXT Women's Champion Asuka vs. Ember Moon

History will be made at NXT TakeOver: Orlando on April 1 when two undefeated competitors collide for the NXT Women’s Championship, as Asuka defends her title against Ember Moon.

Since her arrival in NXT in October 2015, Asuka has been an unstoppable force. The Empress of Tomorrow has bulldozed over the competition with ease, stunning the NXT Universe last April at TakeOver: Dallas when she made Bayley pass out in the Asuka Lock to capture the championship.

After winning a rematch against Bayley in Brooklyn last August, Asuka has been begging for competition, and she has stood victorious whether she was facing the returning Mickie James or three of NXT’s top female Superstars at the same time.

Ember Moon has been on a similar path as The Empress of Tomorrow since her NXT debut last August.

With a stoic, intimidating demeanor, The War Goddess has steamrolled everyone in her path. Moon earned her championship opportunity after impressing NXT General Manager William Regal with an emphatic victory over Billie Kay on the March 8 edition of NXT. After learning of her impending showdown with Asuka, Moon declared that NXT will enter a new phase on April 1.

Though Asuka can be incredibly dominant when the bell rings, Moon has a secret weapon: The devastating Eclipse. No Superstar has gotten up from the brutal maneuver. Kay was left motionless in the ring for several minutes after falling to Moon, and NXT commentator Nigel McGuinness has noted that he’s seen several trainees leave the WWE Performance Center on stretchers after taking The War Goddess’ signature move. If Moon can connect with the Eclipse on Asuka, she may make good on her promise.

Who will suffer their first loss inside an NXT ring? Who will leave with the NXT Women’s Championship? Find out at NXT TakeOver: Orlando, live Saturday, April 1 at 8 ET/5 PT, only on the award-winning WWE Network!

Aleister Black vs. Andrade 'Cien Almas'

The mysterious Aleister Black will make his highly anticipated debut at NXT TakeOver: Orlando, when he faces Andrade “Cien” Almas.

For weeks, cryptic videos on WWE Network have heralded the arrival of Black. Little is known about the shadowy figure seen in the videos, but based on the latest missive, he seems to possess a devastating arsenal of strikes. Black sounds intent on changing the NXT Universe’s perception of what a Superstar can be, declaring that the old ways are obsolete.

His opponent, Almas, has become more aggressive inside the squared circle in recent weeks, adopting a new attitude and bullying his opposition at will. His aggression continues outside the ring, where he has promised to make the newcomer believe in “El Idolo.”

Can the fierce Almas back up his words in the squared circle, or will NXT’s newest Superstar ensure Almas fades to black? Find out at NXT TakeOver: Orlando, streaming live this Saturday at 8 ET/5 PT, only on the award-winning WWE Network!

Tye Dillinger, Roderick Strong, No Way Jose & Ruby Riot vs. SAnitY (8-Person Tag Team Match)

Has SAnitY met its match? The NXT Universe will find out this Saturday at TakeOver: Orlando when Eric Young, Alexander Wolfe, Killian Dain & Nikki Cross battle Tye Dillinger, Roderick Strong, No Way Jose & Ruby Riot in a huge 8-Person Tag Team Match, streaming live on the award-winning WWE Network.

Ever since The Perfect 10 turned down an offer to join SAnitY, the chaotic coalition has tormented the popular Superstar, and it wasn’t long before the well-intentioned Strong and Jose joined the fight to try to help Dillinger put a stop to the group’s terrorizing ways.

It seemed like every time the trio of competitors got any sort of momentum, the numbers game would come into play and the crazed Cross would help tip the scales in SAnitY’s favor. That changed, though, on the March 22 edition of NXT when a mysterious newcomer by the name of Ruby Riot arrived to finally even the odds during a Six-Man Tag Match between the rival Superstars.

Now that Dillinger, Jose & Strong have their female cohort to matchup against SAnitY’s lineup of lunatics, has the unhinged faction finally met its match?

Find out when they collide in an 8-Person Tag Team Match, streaming live on WWE Network, this Saturday at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT.
    Last edited by Order; 03-30-2017 at 12:12 PM.

[Blank Space]

Status

Re: NXT TakeOver: Orlando - April 1, 2017 - Card & Discussion

Haven't kept up with NXT recently, any indicators from TV what the undercard might be?

An improvement over last Takeover for sure, although obviously not the godly line up they put together last year

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Even though Roode/Nakamura overdelivered the first time, I'm disappointed they're doing a singles rematch here. Not that interested. The other two matches definitely have my interest though.

Interested in the 8 person match we'll likely get, also hoping for an Ohno singles and maybe a UK showcase to prepare for their tapings.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Ace that Runs this Place

Status
      Country                    United States

I'll watch just for Roode's entrance and how loud the crowd gets.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One View Post
    I'll watch just for Roode's entrance and how loud the crowd gets.
    Yeah, the entrances will be fun. And to be fair, their last match did over deliver and I hope it happens again. Not confident it will, but not sure it won't either.

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

GIMMIE A FUCKIN MIC

Status

Haven't watched NXT TV in a hot minute either, but Ohno's surely gotta be on this show, right?

If nothing else, but stick him in the opener against Elias Samson for that massive pop to get the crowd going early.

"Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me..."

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Graves
    "Stop talking to me. I’m trying to watch Sasha Banks right now."

"I like my women how I like my pizza; Cold."

Scumbag Role Model

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.

Another case of the repeats for the main event. I'm with Sanders. I'm sure it'll be fine and Roode did great in San Antonio but the sheer and obvious laziness in regards to the lead up so far makes me not really that into another Nakamura main event.

That triple threat tag is where it's at and I'm sure Asuka and Ember will be interesting.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB

Status

Is the Ohno/Sampson match this week or for TakeOver? When they announced that would happen I immediately thought; "That makes sense as a TakeOver match", but it keeps being talked about as if it was at the tapings so I'm wondering, if that is the case, what will Ohno be doing.

Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr

In Loving Memory
    Daryl Takahashi
    "The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you have burned so very very brightly"

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Is the Ohno/Sampson match this week or for TakeOver?
    Pretty sure it's happening next week.

Also, I know we've been speculating on it for months now but is this going to be the show where Ciampa finally turns on Gargano?

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five James Bond Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One
    But even I went too far when I said my character didn't have a penis

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Pretty sure it's happening next week.

Also, I know we've been speculating on it for months now but is this going to be the show where Ciampa finally turns on Gargano?
    He wouldn't! They're best buds! Don't break my heart

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Alexii Kavanagh
    WC Rumble Winner 2017: I guess that makes me less lame

C_MI_G SO_N

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

Moon Vulcan S-Mod

Status

DIY & The Revival absolutely should be called up after this show. No purpose at all of keeping them down here. That said the match should be a heck of a contest.

Ember Moon, much like Sanity, is a failed character in its current incarnation. I'm hopeful Asuka wins and her first loss isn't wasted on Ember. Again though, the potential is there for a fine match.

Almas & Black should be pretty good, but it's gonna hurt seeing Almas lose.

8 man/woman tag - Their angle last week setting this up was pretty alright. Hope the faces win and put a bullet in Sanity and maybe get a shred of momentum for these 3. Though the idea that this all turns into a vehicle for Ruby Riot is an amusing thought. Match again should be quite good.

Ohno vs ? - Well I hope this happens. Ohno being the odd man out on WM weekend after he's been so great in the past couple of years would be a sad sight.

Main event - Just thinking about this is putting me to sleep.
    Shoot Shoot Punch Punch Kick Break Your Limbs And Your Face

The soul of Billy Robinson lives on~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator LIGER FEVER)

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    I'd prefer that to happen after their call-up to the main roster. Might make 205Live worth watching for more than just good matches and give us a story to latch on to.

Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr

In Loving Memory
    Daryl Takahashi
    "The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you have burned so very very brightly"

Shit Into The Fire

Status
      Country                    England

The Kassius Ohno debut is weird. They could of either saved Ohno Vs Roode for this event and make it feel like a big thing rather than throwing it out on TV, or built up a dream match against Nakamura or Almas, or a workrate heavy match against Strong. The guy seems to have nothing for the biggest weekend of the
    year and he was the big debut in 2017 for the brand. Weird.

NXT has a huge hole in it's tag team division if both Revival and DIY leave at the same time.

Nikki Storm should absolutely have been the opponent for Asuka at Takeover following on from their interactions at San Antonio. The Ember Moon stuff has been predictable for about 9 months, I'm pretty sure I predicted she'd take the title on this show when she debuted.

The name Ruby Riot and the Punk Rocker gimmick sounds like a rejected Wrestlicious character.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    NXT has a huge hole in it's tag team division if both Revival and DIY leave at the same time.
    Its okay man, we got Fish and KOR coming and War Machine

I hope Heavy Machinery and the Dawkins/Montez team get some focus soon.

Spoiler:

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

KOR is gonna be occupied in EVOLVE till June I think. But then again they take 20 months to debut people.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dookie Sanders View Post
    Its okay man, we got Fish and KOR coming and War Machine

I hope Heavy Machinery and the Dawkins/Montez team get some focus soon.
    And quite possibly Adam Cole BAYBAY

Heavy Machinery rule.
    -------
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

I wish NXT had some kind of Rumble style match, because I'd love a stand off between Authors and Heavy Machinery. Not sure how a match would go, but a stare down would be great.

Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dookie Sanders View Post
    I wish NXT had some kind of Rumble style match, because I'd love a stand off between Authors and Heavy Machinery. Not sure how a match would go, but a stare down would be great.
    I have faith in a Heavy Machinery/AOP match being good.
    -------
    -------

Still Kicking It

Status

A rematch with Nakamura? I was hoping a match with "Who's your Hero?" Chris Hero or Tye Dillinger. The latter would have a great underdog story and with Hero, it just sounds great on paper. NXT has reached a slump and I haven't watched since January. Disappointed that there are so little announced matches.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by strange brew View Post
    A rematch with Nakamura? I was hoping a match with "Who's your Hero?" Chris Hero or Tye Dillinger. The latter would have a great underdog story and with Hero, it just sounds great on paper. NXT has reached a slump and I haven't watched since January. Disappointed that there are so little announced matches.
    There is also the Black/Almas match announced.

Spoiler:

Thread Information