Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WC's Fave Five Television Shows of 2009~!

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    Canada

WC's Fave Five Television Shows of 2009~!

That's right folks, we're done with 2008 so it's time to move right on into deciding our Fave Five Television Shows of 2009~! Most of you know how this goes but if you've never done it before, it's pretty simple. All you've got to do to participate is PM me a list of your five favourite television shows that debuted in the year 2009 (with 1 being your top choice) by no later than Tuesday, March 21st at 10AM EST. I'll tally up the votes immediately after and we'll begin our countdown. Here's your usual sources....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_i...evision#Debuts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_i...evision#Debuts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_i...buting_in_2009

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Movies of 2016~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One
    But even I went too far when I said my character didn't have a penis

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Re: WC's Fave Five Television Shows of 2009~!

An interesting year with some real good stuff (Archer, Parks and Recreation) along with a few shows that started strong but then became shit (Community, The Good Wife, Modern Family).

The Worldwide 96 has concluded and a World Champion has been crowned,
    but we're far from finished scratching our tournament itch. Introducing...

The above image will lead you to an index for Tournament Road.
    The links below cover everything leading to these tournaments.

BIG-ASS RECAP | TRIFECTA | SHOWCASE 1 | SHOWCASE 2

Quote Originally Posted by Meatwad View Post
    If anyone knows me then one things for sure, I know BTB's, and this is by far the best one.
    Spoiler:

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

I haven't watched Modern Family for a few years, is it really that bad now?

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

​​​

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    I haven't watched Modern Family for a few years, is it really that bad now?
    It definitely deserves to be in the conversation alongside Good Wife and Community for shows that went south, but I haven't watched it since it went downhill so maybe it got better.

Modern Family, all I remember is they gave Manny too much to do and he wasn't nearly funny enough to carry what they gave him, the sentimental stuff started getting Lifetime channel sappy (with matching awful sentimental music, too), and the "HEY WE'RE GAY" jokes went from being sharp to offensively bland, as if they were just meeting a gay joke quota. Everything about it suggested to me that the show had either run its course or become homogenized by shitty producers. Luke went from being the best character to someone I wish didn't speak at all. Really disappointed with the direction they took.

Community I can go a little easier on because Dan Harmon seems to be a sharp cat and a lot of the problems there seem to be more about the people in charge than the writing itself. Thought the first season of that was great and wished we had more "of that show," instead of the crazy, zany, "is this really happening or just someone's imagination" bullshit that brought us one or two GREAT episodes but pretty much took the series to the point of no return. I liked it more when it seemed like a modern day Breakfast Club with a more comedic twist. What it became after that was some over-the-top abomination I couldn't stand.

The Good Wife I struggle to remember if it was ever any good or if I am just imagining it. Became over-the-top melodrama towards the end of my run with it, but even during the parts I thought were good, there were always those weird moments where "old writers don't understand current things," like YouTube segments and things of that nature that were so off base from reality that it seemed like a realistic affair-crime show was entertaining guest spots from /r/fellowkids.

If anyone knows me then one things for sure, I know BTB's, and this is by far the best one.
    Spoiler:

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

The sentimental stuff plus matching music is actually what turned me off of the show in the first place. Don't think I'll be checking out any new episodes but it may still make my list based on the strength of the first couple seasons. I've currently got 8 on my short list so something's definitely gotta' give.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

​​​

you're my home

Status

Modern Family is terrible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by DakYourBooty View Post
    Modern Family is terrible
    So are the Red Sux.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

​​​

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

I never stopped liking Community even during their "bad years". GOAT show to me. Was seriously sad to see it end and it for sure elevated all of their careers. Natty can say it sucks but its definitely not a universal feeling when people kept clamoring for it to come back. Airing the 6th season in region restricted yahoo was a stupid decision but i cant be mad I still got a 6th season. Just waiting on the movie.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.
      Country                    United States

Community turned into shit when Sony decided to fuck shit up and hire fan fiction writers as show runners.

It's funny, Archer and Parks kind of started out a shit show and then got really good.

I only watch the last segment of Modern Family reruns before Raw. The kids looking older than the parents freaks me out.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Darling Nicky View Post
    It's funny, Archer and Parks kind of started out a shit show and then got really good.
    I liked Archer from the beginning but it definitely got way better as it went along. H. Jon Benjamin is the GOAT voice actor.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

​​​

Scumbag Role Model

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.

I liked Archer from the beginning but it definitely got way better as it went along. H. Jon Benjamin is the GOAT voice actor.
    H. Jon Benjamin is GOAT in general.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Legend View Post
    I never stopped liking Community even during their "bad years". GOAT show to me. Was seriously sad to see it end and it for sure elevated all of their careers. Natty can say it sucks but its definitely not a universal feeling when people kept clamoring for it to come back. Airing the 6th season in region restricted yahoo was a stupid decision but i cant be mad I still got a 6th season. Just waiting on the movie.
    Community became dogshit terrible over time. Certainly isn't a universal feeling, but there are a lot of people who are more forgiving or have lower standards than I do so I wouldn't chalk it up to simply "a difference of opinion." I think you can objectively say the show changed drastically from what made it successful in its first season, and from there, it isn't hard to rationalize why so many abandoned it.

Pierce was a great character at first and then he became "the villain" of the group which really just meant he was massively annoying and dragged the entire show down with him. A real shame. The over-the-top stuff was funny at times, but it wasn't enough to be the focus of the show. When it became over-the-top for the sake of being over-the-top 80% of the time, they ruined a good thing.

It went from ice cream with sprinkles to a cup full of sprinkles with a dollop of melted ice cream on top.

Yeah Archer was an 'A' show from episode one, not sure what Nicky is on about. I think it may have mildly declined in later seasons (3 & 4) imo but was still head and shoulders above the rest.

Spoiler:

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    Community became dogshit terrible over time. Certainly isn't a universal feeling, but there are a lot of people who are more forgiving or have lower standards than I do so I wouldn't chalk it up to simply "a difference of opinion." I think you can objectively say the show changed drastically from what made it successful in its first season, and from there, it isn't hard to rationalize why so many abandoned it.

Pierce was a great character at first and then he became "the villain" of the group which really just meant he was massively annoying and dragged the entire show down with him. A real shame. The over-the-top stuff was funny at times, but it wasn't enough to be the focus of the show. When it became over-the-top for the sake of being over-the-top 80% of the time, they ruined a good thing.

It went from ice cream with sprinkles to a cup full of sprinkles with a dollop of melted ice cream on top.

Yeah Archer was an 'A' show from episode one, not sure what Nicky is on about. I think it may have mildly declined in later seasons (3 & 4) imo but was still head and shoulders above the rest.
    I would 100% chalk it up to a difference of opinion. Now if you were saying, "yeah, 3rd and 4th season went downhill" I'd say fine, most people agree with that. But saying only the first season was good? In fact, I'd argue up to most of 3rd season, people were still really high on the show. It would definitely not have had the cult following it does for a single good season then a subsequent 5 seasons of 'dogshit terrible'. By the end of the 3rd season, this show was still racking up a great critical reception and stacking up awards.

If you want to say it went to shit in the 4th season when they pretty much ousted the entire creative department like Nicky did, I'm fine with that but you're exagerating if you're saying it went downhill after the 1st season.

Cliff 'Em All

Status

Comedy heavy year for me. Archer has been on THE LIST forever. Gotta get around to it soon.

Team CD | Lurk & Jurk | Ribs & Salsa | Team Cyrus T

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Also just an FYI that for some reason Eastbound & Down does not appear on the list of American Television Debuts but it did indeed debut in 2009.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

​​​

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

3 of my all time favorite shows are this year, including probably the best anime ever.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

I would 100% chalk it up to a difference of opinion. Now if you were saying, "yeah, 3rd and 4th season went downhill" I'd say fine, most people agree with that. But saying only the first season was good? In fact, I'd argue up to most of 3rd season, people were still really high on the show. It would definitely not have had the cult following it does for a single good season then a subsequent 5 seasons of 'dogshit terrible'. By the end of the 3rd season, this show was still racking up a great critical reception and stacking up awards.

If you want to say it went to shit in the 4th season when they pretty much ousted the entire creative department like Nicky did, I'm fine with that but you're exagerating if you're saying it went downhill after the 1st season.
    The first two or three seasons were "good," but the first was the best and it went downhill after that. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. I never said it hit rock bottom in Season Two or anything like that, but the seasons did get progressively worse and I think most would agree. By the end of the third season it was a shadow of its former self. And it was definitely "not good" before the creative overhaul, but that definitely made it worse.

Also... WTF, EASTBOUND AND DOWN WAS 2009? Quick, Fooj, give that my #2 slot and bump the rest down. Thank you sir.

Spoiler:

SIX F'N STARS

Status

including probably the best anime ever.
    Cowboy Bebop was 1998.

Spoiler:

[Blank Space]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    Cowboy Bebop was 1998.
    God bless this man.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

Clearly it wasnt the best then.

Thread Information