Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: PROGRESS Wrestling General Discussion Thread

[Your Name]

Status
      Country                    England

Re: PROGRESS Wrestling General Discussion Thread

Jeez, you're starting all the way back at the beginning? Even I found a more recent jumping in point, fair play.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Jeez, you're starting all the way back at the beginning? Even I found a more recent jumping in point, fair play.

Well, I gotta be getting full value for my $8 per month investment. I figure its not THAT many shows to watch through to catch up.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

It takes a while for Progress to hit it's stride, but it's really worth sticking with to get the full picture of the Jimmy Havoc storyline which is how Progress really shot to fame. Unless you're obsessed with being up to date with modern wrestling, I think starting at Chapter 1 and working your way through is the right way to go. If you can wait for the Pete Dunne stuff, wait for the Pete Dunne stuff I say.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Well, I gotta be getting full value for my $8 per month investment. I figure its not THAT many shows to watch through to catch up.
    well their are 50 shows and they are all aprox 3 hours each that's 150 hours until you are caught up, best place to start I think is chapter 13 it's on YouTube so it's free
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

[Your Name]

Status

Jimmy Havoc and Flamita added to SSS'17

Not familiar with Flamita. Zero?

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Just watched the recent progress show called complicated simplicity and it was awesome the mark vs Mark match finish came out of nowheree but it means that Pete dunne will get battered which is a shame Iv got a soft spot since he is too from Birmingham.

Anyway if I wasn a fan of ringkampf based on the last show I am now, there entrence is so brilliant it sounds so ominous and villinous but it could also be for faces so it works escpicaly with their hands behind he back gimmick. Axel Dieter Jr looks so cool, I don't know what it is any way he may have my pick for favourite ringkampf member. I looked away for that chop battle in laughter and empathy, nasty especially on Tyler bate.

good show and now on to the next
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

[Your Name]

Status

Zack Gibson tol: ), Zack Sabre Jr. tol: ) & Tyler Bate are all entered into Strong Style Sixteen 2017. Could be some interesting political booking if Bate is still UK champ by then.

Current field is:

Jack Sexsmith
    Pastor William Eaver
    Travis Banks
    Trent Seven
    Winner of James Drake vs. Flash Morgan Webster
    Winner of Nathan Cruz vs. Rockstar Spud
    Jimmy Havok
    Jeff Cobb
    Flamita
    Zack Gibson
    Zack Sabre Jr.
    Tyler Bate

4 left, 2 have been in it before, 2 newcomers.

[Your Name]

Status

How to draw a tournament, by PROGRESS.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

That's brilliant haha.

Andrews Vs Flamita and Zack Sabre Jr Vs David Star are fantastic matchups.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Great video. Even with a few flat names in there, the tournament will still deliver some great stuff.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

[Your Name]

Status

The order the matches are announced in is also the bracket for the tournament.

Zack Gibson vs. Jack Sexsmith
    David Starr vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
    Travis Banks vs. Jimmy Havoc
    Mark Andrews vs. Flamita

Pastor William Eaver vs. Tyler Bate
    Flash Morgan Webster vs. Mark Haskins
    Matt Riddle vs. Trent Seven
    Jeff Cobb vs. Nathan Cruz

Some potentially tough to call 2nd round matches there if the first round goes how I think it will.

Sangre por Sangre

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Just finished Chapter 49: Super Strong Style Day 1 good show overall. Starr/Sabre JR, Sexsmith/Gibson my two favorite matches in terms of qualiy and send the Priest for Seven after what happened in last match of the first round.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

[Your Name]

Status

Also on SSS'17 Day One, was half way through the Orlando show but have decided to skip ahead as the audio on that show is doing my head in.

Cobb/Cruz was a perfectly acceptable opener, no more, no less.

Haskins/Webster was real good & the most I've enjoyed Webster in PROGRESS so far. Left a lot open for future character developments with Haskins going after Websters leg despite being friends with him & having also experienced the recent agony of time on the shelf. Webster's frustration with Haskins over that combined with Haskins perhaps being a bit of a dick in doing so in the first place could lead to some good stuff in the future.

Banks/Havoc was a nice back & forth match, and a great chance to showcase what Banks can do as a singles wrestler.

Now if you excuse me, I've got ZSJ/Starr to enjoy next.

Oh, and as an aside, whilst I understand why they've had to do it, fuck these music changes. Give me my Havoc/BSS themes back.

[Your Name]

Status

Good lord, the BSS heat on Night 2 is amazing, almost Zack Gibson levels of crowd abuse for poor Trent Seven

Sangre por Sangre

Status

Yeah Night 2 after just finishing the show loved it even more than Night One for sure. Cobb/Riddle was my favorite match of the show. Those two have strength and abilities of the Gods, that earned that standing ovation during the match. I've seen Cobb in Lucha Underground so I know this guy is strong as fuck and can go in that squared circle, but damn Riddle for a small guy is strong as well. It was my first taste of Riddle and after KO'ing Seven, I was even more amazed to see what he could do with Cobb during this match. Truly a knock out, drag out type of match that made both guys look like Gods after the match. Riddle vs Bate Day 3 bruh.

Sabre JR/Sexsmith made me come to tears during the match. Finding out he Torn his Bicep, and the guy was still fighting for all he had was emotional to watch for me. I starting bawling to the point after the match one of my family members asked me what was wrong that's a real man there.

British Strong Style vs Starr/Eaver. A fun match, more comedy than Wrestling at times. The fans let him have it after getting KO'ed by Riddle in 6 seconds the night before. Even he got a good shot by Starr and I thought he was going to lose again. Don't worry Seven you're going to be on a Sticker Book soon haha.

Jinny vs Laura Di Matteo vs Toni Storm. Everyone knows my love for Toni Storm, she's in my top ten Women Wrestlers to watch today she's so exciting to watch. It's always great to be the first anything in the Wrestling world, and Toni Storm in a good match with Jinny and Di Matteo really put over the Womens Wrestling in Progress especially when them in the Main Event. I heard Kay Lee Ray might be knocking on that Door to face Toni Storm can't wait for that, because their match I saw with Stardom was a goodie and with Progress it should be even better.

Real Women of Genius

[Your Name]

Status

Finished up Strong Style 16 2017 and now shifting back to "Complicated Simplicity". I might go back to the Orlando shows if I get a chance, but the audio levelling being so awful puts me off.

Anyone thinking about Tyler Bate as a WOTYC may wanna check out night 3 of SSS'17, both his matches were dope. But mostly posting to say that TK Cooper & Dhalia Black's farewell to PROGRESS is my moment of the year so far. Shockingly emotional.

Sangre por Sangre

Status

Yeah Bate getting to the finals was a true shock to see in my opinion. He went to war barefoot with Riddle and got the pin clean...CLEAN and had a damn good match with Travis Banks. You can't help become a fan of both guys after their match together.
    Last edited by Sadio HoHo; 06-14-2017 at 04:54 PM.

Real Women of Genius

[Your Name]

Status

Match of the weekend HoHo? My top three are Banks/Bate, Riddle/Cobb & ZSJ/Starr

Sangre por Sangre

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Match of the weekend HoHo? My top three are Banks/Bate, Riddle/Cobb & ZSJ/Starr
    I would say Riddle/Cobb, Bate/Riddle, Banks/Bate, but a honorable mention has to be Sexsmith and his matches in the tourney. I can't wait to see Kay Lee Ray vs Toni Storm for the Progress Women's Title down the road make sure you guys have a change of clothes, because you might need it.

Real Women of Genius

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Quick fire SSS16 thoughts:

- Travis Banks was the right choice of winner, it helps solidify him as a singles guy now there's no TK Cooper.

- Tyler Bate is one of the very best wrestlers in the world right now. Wasn't the best match with Eaver on Night 1, but the rest of his tournament was pretty great.

- Jeff Cobb really had a great weekend, and his match with Matt Riddle on Night 2 was probably my favourite of the tournament.

- Mandrews/Flamita was alright, but Mandrews works best as an underdog facing a heel. After spending weeks watching BOSJ, this didn't have much wow factor to it.

- Trent Seven Vs Matt Riddle is the best one move match in the history of wrestling. The pre-match promo from Trent was amazing and the irony of him talking about being a co-worker of Brock Lesnar only to fall to a Goldberg-like shock loss was great. On a first night of a tournament, I thought that was really clever booking of Jim and the guys to put Riddle over strong and separate the match from the rest of the pack.

- Obv HoHo loves it because Toni Storm won the title, but I really couldn't care less about the women in Progress.

Thread Information