Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 376

Thread: PROGRESS Wrestling General Discussion Thread

  1. #21
    TAKE THE DREAM~

    MC 16's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Nippon Budokan
    Posts
    5,290
    Rep Power
    346596
      Country                    England

    Re: PROGRESS Wrestling General Discussion Thread

    Just watched everything from progress 45 except the main event but its a very good show and I had a great laugh in the first match shenanigans and the liger vs Gibson match. I hate Gibson with a passion since I'm a united fan but godamm he is a good wrestler. He should be a top guy after the origin explodes story ends.
    Spoiler:


    Milano Forever!

  2. #22
    [Your Name]
    Postman Dave's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    7,730
    Rep Power
    390079
      Country                    England

    Re: PROGRESS Wrestling General Discussion Thread

    Card's out for PROGRESS's Orlando show this Friday.

    PROGRESS Championship: Pete Dunne (c) vs. Mark Haskins
    WWE UK Championship: Tyler Bate (c) vs. Mark Andrews
    PROGRESS Atlas Championship: Matt Riddle (c) vs. Trent Seven
    Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Jimmy Havoc
    The South Pacific Power Trip vs. JML (Shane Strickland & Sami Callihan)
    Toni Storm vs. Jinny
    James Drake vs. Rockstar Spud

    Yep, it's just been announced the WWE UK title will be on the line on a non-WWE show for the first time! This will also be the company's first iPPV, starts at 5pm UK time I believe (which means I'll have to make do with VOD or Demand PROGRESS as I'll still be at work).






  3. #23
    YES! YES! YES!

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    32,971
    Rep Power
    1317787
      Country                    England

    Re: PROGRESS Wrestling General Discussion Thread

    Interesting, they might want to have Seven win the Atlas title so that every title holder has been on WWE TV if that network deal comes off.

  4. #24
    Still Kicking It
    strange brew's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ong's Hat, NJ
    Posts
    674
    Rep Power
    1866
      Country                    United States

    Re: PROGRESS Wrestling General Discussion Thread

    I bought a PROGRESS sub from a couple of months ago and made the most of it. I saw Chapter 23 earlier in the year and it really sold me. The early shows were hard to sit through, so I skipped ahead, watched the Havoc doc to keep myself up on the early stuff. Gets really good after Chapter 30: the Strong Style tournament, especially Chapter 35 which overachieved despite how weak the card was on paper, and Chapter 36, where they rented out Oz Academy, got a huge crowd and made sure the fans were really treated well. Great brawl with Rampage vs. Coffey, Sabre vs. Ciampa settled their feud with a 2/3 falls match and as if the End/Scrull/Haskins main event wasn't enough, a special guest showed up.

    Spoiler:


  5. #25
    TAKE THE DREAM~

    MC 16's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Nippon Budokan
    Posts
    5,290
    Rep Power
    346596
      Country                    England

    Re: PROGRESS Wrestling General Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Card's out for PROGRESS's Orlando show this Friday.

    PROGRESS Championship: Pete Dunne (c) vs. Mark Haskins
    WWE UK Championship: Tyler Bate (c) vs. Mark Andrews
    PROGRESS Atlas Championship: Matt Riddle (c) vs. Trent Seven
    Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Jimmy Havoc
    The South Pacific Power Trip vs. JML (Shane Strickland & Sami Callihan)
    Toni Storm vs. Jinny
    James Drake vs. Rockstar Spud

    Yep, it's just been announced the WWE UK title will be on the line on a non-WWE show for the first time! This will also be the company's first iPPV, starts at 5pm UK time I believe (which means I'll have to make do with VOD or Demand PROGRESS as I'll still be at work).
    Haskins may get the win since its fair. Bate will retain. Trent Seven will win. I think Sabre is going to get the narrow win. The SPPT has grown on me and I think they will win. I don't know much about the other two matches, so I have no comment
    Spoiler:


    Milano Forever!

  6. #26
    YES! YES! YES!

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    32,971
    Rep Power
    1317787
      Country                    England

    Re: PROGRESS Wrestling General Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by strange brew View Post
    I bought a PROGRESS sub from a couple of months ago and made the most of it. I saw Chapter 23 earlier in the year and it really sold me. The early shows were hard to sit through, so I skipped ahead, watched the Havoc doc to keep myself up on the early stuff. Gets really good after Chapter 30: the Strong Style tournament, especially Chapter 35 which overachieved despite how weak the card was on paper, and Chapter 36, where they rented out Oz Academy, got a huge crowd and made sure the fans were really treated well. Great brawl with Rampage vs. Coffey, Sabre vs. Ciampa settled their feud with a 2/3 falls match and as if the End/Scrull/Haskins main event wasn't enough, a special guest showed up.

    Spoiler:

    Yeah Havoc's return was an awesome moment.

  7. #27
    Still Kicking It
    strange brew's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ong's Hat, NJ
    Posts
    674
    Rep Power
    1866
      Country                    United States

    Re: PROGRESS Wrestling General Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Carrick 16 View Post
    Haskins may get the win since its fair. Bate will retain. Trent Seven will win. I think Sabre is going to get the narrow win. The SPPT has grown on me and I think they will win. I don't know much about the other two matches, so I have no comment
    So the Power Trip has grown on you. Like a cancer or a tumor?

  8. #28
    [Your Name]
    Postman Dave's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    7,730
    Rep Power
    390079
      Country                    England

    Re: PROGRESS Wrestling General Discussion Thread

    TBF, the SPPT are dope.

    Don't see Dunne losing the title if Seven wins the Atlas title same night. Defeats the whole point of BSS dominance.






  9. #29
    YES! YES! YES!

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    32,971
    Rep Power
    1317787
      Country                    England

    Re: PROGRESS Wrestling General Discussion Thread

    For how stacked the card was, I wasn't blown away with Chapter 46 ~ I like to chill out and shoot some dinosaurs. Pretty much everything was good, but nothing was truly great unless you're a death match lover, then Ospreay Vs Havoc might be more up your street. Riddle/WALTER was my MOTN. Mark Haskin's entrance where his son came out and fired shots at a dinosaur to the Jurassic Park music was great though.

    Still need to catch the Orlando show.

  10. #30
    [Your Name]
    Postman Dave's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    7,730
    Rep Power
    390079
      Country                    England

    Re: PROGRESS Wrestling General Discussion Thread

    Saw a lot of people refer to the show as one of PROGRESS's strongest ever, anything disappointing or just everything simply "good"?

    The Orlando & WWN Supershow's are both already up on Demand Progress, quicker than I thought they'd be. I'm trying to change promotion when this months WWE Network sub is up, but PROGRESS is making it real difficult.






  11. #31
    [Your Name]
    Postman Dave's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    7,730
    Rep Power
    390079
      Country                    England

    Re: PROGRESS Wrestling General Discussion Thread

    Some news coming off last nights show

    - Despite having an awesome year so far, unfortunately the South Pacific Power Trip are no more TK & Dahlia's work visas have finished up, so they won't be around for a while. On the plus side, clears the way for a Travis Banks push in PROGRESS
    - Paul Robinson is also done with PROGRESS & wrestling due to blood problems. Liked what I saw of him, not a top tier guy, but very believable as a scummy mid-carder, played his part well.
    - Pastor William Eaver & Jack Sexsmith are the first two confirmed entrants for this years Strong Style Sixteen tournament. Not the greatest start to tournament announcements.






  12. #32
    Scumbag Role Model
    Tennessee Nicky's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    46,324
    Rep Power
    1009369
      Country                    United States

    Re: PROGRESS Wrestling General Discussion Thread

    RIP SPPT.

    Yeah, considering last year's line up for the Strong Style, it really isn't. Eaver has 'skip match' heat with me
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:


  13. #33
    Scumbag Role Model
    Tennessee Nicky's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    46,324
    Rep Power
    1009369
      Country                    United States

    Re: PROGRESS Wrestling General Discussion Thread

    Just read the results fully, BSS in some must see matches lately. Had a great one with Progress Babyfaces a few events ago, just faced the Elite, and now Ringkampt. I feel like we missed out on a Catch Point six man over WrestleMania weekend. Looks like that probably won't happen now after these last Evolve shows.

    So many great groups right now.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:


  14. #34
    [Your Name]
    Postman Dave's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    7,730
    Rep Power
    390079
      Country                    England

    Re: PROGRESS Wrestling General Discussion Thread

    Travis Banks is entrant #3 for SSS'17

    That's more like it. PROGRESS also tweeted that 12 out of the field of 16 will be first time entrants too. Looking back at the previous two tournaments, that's a lot of big names potentially missing out, trusting PROGRESS have some goodness lined up.






  15. #35
    Big Papa's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    14,081
    Rep Power
    185546

    Re: PROGRESS Wrestling General Discussion Thread

    Tempted to subscribe and watch through the shows. I keep hearing good things but I've seen so little.

  16. #36
    [Your Name]
    Postman Dave's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    7,730
    Rep Power
    390079
      Country                    England

    Re: PROGRESS Wrestling General Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Tempted to subscribe and watch through the shows. I keep hearing good things but I've seen so little.
    Subscription is pretty cheap, & it's real easy to find a good show atm. The Super Strong-Style Tournament is at the end of the month so early June should see that uploaded too.






  17. #37
    No One

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Westeros
    Posts
    11,684
    Rep Power
    294173
      Country                    Canada

    Re: PROGRESS Wrestling General Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Tempted to subscribe and watch through the shows. I keep hearing good things but I've seen so little.
    Progress BTB confirmed.


  18. #38
    Big Papa's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    14,081
    Rep Power
    185546

    Re: PROGRESS Wrestling General Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Positive Jon View Post
    Progress BTB confirmed.
    I'm making good PROGRESS on it, you could say.

  19. #39
    [Your Name]
    Postman Dave's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    7,730
    Rep Power
    390079
      Country                    England

    Re: PROGRESS Wrestling General Discussion Thread

    Trent Seven & Jeff Cobb have both been added to SSS'17, plus James Drake vs. Flash Morgan Webster & Nathan Cruz vs. Rockstar Spud are qualifying matches taking place on the next show.

    I'm guessing with Marty Scurll involved in the BOSJ that he's definitely missing the tournament.






  20. #40
    Big Papa's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    14,081
    Rep Power
    185546

    Re: PROGRESS Wrestling General Discussion Thread

    Subscribed on Monday and watched through Progress 1. Started to watch Progress 2 last night but the video kept snagging. Enjoying it so far. Would prefer a more fun and interactive crowd, but....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •