Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: PROGRESS Wrestling General Discussion Thread

[Rock Me Amadeus]

Status
      Country                    Germany

Re: PROGRESS Wrestling General Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    and for the love of god this fucking Haskins/Havoc team. Really thinking about pushing these guys for worst tag team of the year.
    Ugh, the more I watch the more I may have to agree. The whole angle just comes across as something to keep two company guys busy with, and the lack of audience noise in some of their matches has become noticeable. Honestly, both guys (especially Havoc and his deathmatches) could do with disappearing from PROGRESS for a year and freshening up elsewhere.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I'm off to London again, this time on two wheels. See here for more & to donate see below.

VIVE LA FRANCE

Status
      Country                    England

They suck.

There seems to be an angle on twitter going down with Chris Brooks and Progress management where he's telling them this Thunderbastard series won't work because Kid Lykos won't be fit in time and they need to come up with an alternative.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Ugh, the more I watch the more I may have to agree. The whole angle just comes across as something to keep two company guys busy with, and the lack of audience noise in some of their matches has become noticeable. Honestly, both guys (especially Havoc and his deathmatches) could do with disappearing from PROGRESS for a year and freshening up elsewhere.
    I’d be completely fine with both fucking off for a while. Seems like the ceiling is only so high with how they can book Havoc. It peaked with Regression and it’s never been interesting since. The constant attempts of trying to recreate something with him is just getting frustrating. I don’t care for another match with Ospreay.

Haskins just sucks. Put them together, this team sucks. Shame Webster has to be a part of a bad angle when he’s really made great strides and his frustration angle was doing totally fine without these clowns.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

I Want It All!

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Peace..LOVE..AND..SOUL!

Last night I had the pleasure to watch Chapter 70 and it was one of the most enjoyable shows I've seen from Progress in my one year Anniversary. They went back to the 70's and I knew the Babyfaces would get into it, and I was shocked to see the Heels get into it and was great to see what they would rock, and use as Entrance Themes during the Show. Don't forget we got the debut of Olive Roberts with the hair of a Angel. We even had during this Show a face turning heel after the way he was acting during the Match never forget Jizzy Jizzbourne

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ZinEdine Zidane View Post
    Ilja/Pete gave me chills. Dragunov has an X-factor about him, it's hard to explain but he commands attention. CMJ turning heel on the crowd was great......NOT IN A SHITHOLE LIKE THIS.
    I know next to nothing about Dragunov except the little buzz I get from around here and on wrestling podcasts I listen to but I marked the fuck out when he arrived at Chapter 69 because even I know that this is exciting stuff. The atmosphere was crazy for that moment and I definitely got caught up in it...

But you mentioned it, and I feel like I have to second it, the first half of the show was jam packed with really good stuff and then the second half was a chore, especially after having that huge debut before the intermission.

I love Jack Sexsmith, but even I thought his match with Trav was bad and he wasn't/isn't ready for that spot. The Four way Atlas match was dull af and made zero impression on me, but I guess I'm happy for Doug... and I'm sorry but that women's match was the fucking shits. What was the lipstick about!? Why was Jinny cutting Toni's hair!? Nothing in the build was about Jinny thinking Toni was ugly and needed a make-over. Nothing in the build suggested we'd be getting standard WWF lingerie pillow fight psychology, and I wasn't naive enough to think that this was gonna be a straight up one-on-one contest, but for fuck's sake with all of that interference that Paz looked directly at (something he was doing all night long and fucking up spots) and did nothing about. When there was actual wrestling happening the match was pretty good but there was so little actual wrestling going on that it was just a total fucking cluster. I like both ladies a lot but that was bad.

...and while I'm ranting about shit stuff under the PROGRESS banner; Chapter 70. What a wonderful way to totally kill all the heels heat (except the GYC because they know how to work that gimmick) and make a mockery of everything you've been building for months. Why's Travis "Fuck the fans for turning on me" Banks, dressing up like a Bushwhacker and being entertaining? Why's Jimmy "You sold out and left me behind" Havoc playing along with PROGRESS management? Why is he the face in this equation? Why's Jack playing the stereotyped gay-panic character, even if it's just for one night? I'm so glad WALTER wasn't on this show playing silly buggers.

I know I'm coming across like Jim Cornette right now, but fucking hell, it was just so dumb. The worst part about it all is that there's nothing terrible wrestling wise, sure, there's a lot of stupid shit but it was mostly entertaining but certain things needed to be protected here; all the heel characters, especially Trav and Havoc, should've been participating under duress or not there at all. Also, why are they running a show and pretending it's actually in the Seventies, completely ignoring all the current storylines, but still running current tournament matches? Especially when the next show has very little in the way of matches with consequence on it - put off the Thunderbastard and Natural Progression matches until 71 and make this a silly, fun, outside of canon show where you actually pretend like it's got nothing to do with anything else that PROGRESS have done.

Quote Originally Posted by ZinEdine Zidane View Post
    The WWE-Progress relationship continues.
    Why are WWE killing alliteration in modern wrestling names!? Steffanie Newell, Chris Dijak... yeah, those sound way cooler than Nixon Newell and Donovan Dijak. *throws hands in the air dramatically*

Makes no sense.

Sweet Meat

Status

raiz doesn't understand those are their real names and not their eventual wwe names

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

[Rock Me Amadeus]

Status

I'm sure he understands that the illiteration just rolls off the tongue better.

I can't imagine Nixon keeping Steffanie on the main roster for obvious reasons

I'm off to London again, this time on two wheels. See here for more & to donate see below.

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by German Dave View Post
    I'm sure he understands that the illiteration just rolls off the tongue better.

I can't imagine Nixon keeping Steffanie on the main roster for obvious reasons

She has a new name (at least for now): Tegan Nox. We'll see if it makes tape though.

And nah, Raiz doesn't understand that. .

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

[Rock Me Amadeus]

Status

That's even worse

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by German Dave View Post
    That's even worse

Came out yesterday. I like the name Tegan. Nox is.. weird. It'll probably grow on me though. Most names that sound weird at first become normal later. But is Nox supposed to be like a weird nod to Nix?

Spoiler:

Thread Information