Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: PROGRESS Wrestling General Discussion Thread

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Re: PROGRESS Wrestling General Discussion Thread

Only watched night one so far. It wasn't a great show tbh. Only really liked the opener and the Lee vs Webster, the rest just didn't grab me. I hear the other nights are better which is to be expected.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Important to remember that night 1 tends to always be the solid but not spectacular show

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Yeah so I decided to watch Day 2 instead of Raw tonight, just felt like Day 2 I would enjoy than anything on Raw tonight. Bate/Ohno was awesome, Devlin had two of the greatest spots before and during a Match I've ever seen, straight hair Di Matteo, and Walter beating the shit outta Banks in the Main Event. Right now Banks is like Bacon that has been sitting out on the Counter, yeah it still tastes good, but it's struggle to eat and you'll be regretting eating it later.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

WWF- 1991 And Beyond

Status
      Country                    United States

After reading everyone talking about this Ohno/Bate match, I’ve tried to find it online but no luck. Does anybody have an idea where I can find/watch this match?

WWF-1991 and Beyond- The Road to Survivor Series Begins!
    http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=169069

[Your Name]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BattleTank View Post
    After reading everyone talking about this Ohno/Bate match, I’ve tried to find it online but no luck. Does anybody have an idea where I can find/watch this match?
    https://demandprogress.pivotshare.com

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

WWF- 1991 And Beyond

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    https://demandprogress.pivotshare.com

Sweet, thanks brother for the hookup. That price is a steal! My whole weekend is set now lol.

WWF-1991 and Beyond- The Road to Survivor Series Begins!
    http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=169069

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Had to smash through a bunch of shows before going to Chapter 69 because I'd fallen behind. Had both the NOLA shows and all three nights of Super Strong Style to get through but I had a lot of fun doing it. The NOLA shows not having commentary yet was weird, I might have to got back and rewatch them at some point because they didn't manage to hold my attention as well as they would've if there was commentary there.

SSS16 was great. So many really enjoyable matches, so many great performances and even though I was pretty much set on who was winning before the event even took place, the journey to that destination was incredibly satisfying.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Well Chapter 69 wrecked me from top to bottom, Sabre vs Mandrews was a good bout, British Strong Style vs Grizzled Young Vets was better than I expected after hearing Seven couldn't go that show as well.

It was great to see Sexsmith work his ass off with Banks and it's a great thing to see in Wrestling when a guy gives everything he has and theirs no shame when that happens. He's a great person Sexsmith and honestly he makes me want to be a better person and be more confident in myself to do more things that I would be afraid in doing. Banks right now band time is coming for ya, no way when you meet Walter face to face that you leave the ring with that Progress World Title. You might need a Gang of Ninjas to help you out, because when you get a Submission you're not getting out of it unless Walter wants you out of it. He's going to punish you more than any other Wrestler has done to you before and were going to have a new champ.

Ilja Dragunov/Pete Dunne staredown was fucking intense can't wait to see them beat the shit outta each other.

Doug Williams is our new Atlas Champion and I'm like hooray for him, but I'm like well look who was in the Match. We had Slippy Cup Connors, Low Class Saiyan Warrior Kevin Owens Rob Lynch and Rampage not really Brown Brown, he was the best choice of the four.

Jinny vs Storm was a good Match and the Title change was to be expected with her coming to the WWE, but it needed a change before that after how Toni wiped the floor with every lady they put in front of her. I don't see Jinny holding the title too long, but I can see a 4 months before her cap mark as champ because she has a glaring weakness of being a great talker, and in my opinion an average to below average Wrestler. I mean how many times are we going to suffer through her buddies Nina Samuels & Chakara interfering in Matches before it gets old fast I'm I right hehe.

Real Women of Genius

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

I gave up watching after the Banks vs Sexsmith match. I hated the match so much that I gave myself a headache, I understood what they were trying to do but there wasn't one thing that I liked about this match. None at all. I was in awe of how bad it was. The Kiwi Krusher isn't Banks' finisher, right? Not anymore becuase the credibility of that move is gone. I can't wait for this title reign to end.

Ilja vs Dunne!!!!!!! I'll probably watch the rest later.
    Last edited by MC 16; 05-27-2018 at 07:54 AM.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Would have to agree with you on Sexsmith/Banks, one of my least favourite matches of the year. 5 seconds in Banks was doing goofy faces to sell the pain of Sexsmith's lighter than a feather chops, you knew you were in for something shit after that. I found it laughable that the commentary team (Glen btw is the worst in the world rn) that they would compare Ilja Dragunov to Jack Sexsmith in an attempt to further the forced push of Jack and pretend there's the same attachment to the fans and ground swell of support to see them win the big one. Jack Sexsmith is a nice young wrestler who might become good one day, but to pretend that there's fans clamouring for him to win the title seems odd. I haven't come across one fan who wants to see this guy regularly in a main event. Progress are pushing him for one reason only and it certainly isn't his talent level

Progress need to do something about how they're laying these shows out. The first half of the show was really enjoyable and you've got Zack Sabre Jr, Walter, Pete Dunne and Tyler Bate all before intermission, and then after the break in your main events there's the hoss 4 way which wasn't good, the bad Banks/Sexsmith match and an ok womens match between Toni Storm and Jinny. The Trav title reign can't end any sooner because it's consistently leaving shows on a bum note. Sabre/Andrews and Walter/Starr are two very good-great matches, but you sort of forget they even happened by the end of the show. I'm a little tired of Walter/Starr now because it's happened 10 times in like 18 months, but at least this one was different with leg work rather than Walt killing him with chops. Starr has never come closer to winning.

Ilja/Pete gave me chills. Dragunov has an X-factor about him, it's hard to explain but he commands attention. CMJ turning heel on the crowd was great......NOT IN A SHITHOLE LIKE THIS.

I cannot wait until Gibson's next appearance. He'll have to retire the ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ chant now. His city know something about bottling it!

[Your Name]

Status

Been burning through SSS16 theblast few nights, highlights have been Bate/Ohno, ZSJ/Starr (again), ZSJ/Mambo, Lee/Webster and Jordan Devlin in general. Still got Night 3 to finish, a lot to like but despite the name power match quality against the last two years has slightly dipped.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

One thing I forgot to mention is I love that old entrance themes are back. It's a small thing, but then a huge thing at the same time. It just pumps me up more and feels right for Jimmy Havoc to come out to I hope you suffer and Jack Sexsmith to come out to I touch myself.

BSS come out to Love is Blindness at Chapter 69 and god I have missed that.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    One thing I forgot to mention is I love that old entrance themes are back. It's a small thing, but then a huge thing at the same time. It just pumps me up more and feels right for Jimmy Havoc to come out to I hope you suffer and Jack Sexsmith to come out to I touch myself.

BSS come out to Love is Blindness at Chapter 69 and god I have missed that.
    Yeah I'm not as a Veteran when it comes to Progress Wrestling like I've said before so it was my first time hearing those themes and man they were great to listen to. I'm glad that these themes were used hopefully for the long haul.

Real Women of Genius

YES! YES! YES!

Status

The WWE-Progress relationship continues.

[Your Name]

Status

Hey that's cool.

Also saw that Doug Williams video were he said he's done once he loses the Atlas title. Doug going out at Wembley would be very fitting.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Hey that's cool.

Also saw that Doug Williams video were he said he's done once he loses the Atlas title. Doug going out at Wembley would be very fitting.

I might tear up if that happens really loved him in TNA, and his Rolling German still one of my favorite Moves to see. ^Newell vs Jinny oh my God can we get a new Champ like now because I want it please.

Real Women of Genius

[Your Name]

Status

So finally got around to WALTER/Thatcher.

Ouch.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Great match but just imagine how much better a match Miz would have with Thatcher.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Thatcher stretching Miz probably would be a better match tbf.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Thatcher couldn’t lace Miz’s boots!

I’m in the middle of catching up on Progress. I’m about to finish SSS16. Lee/Webster, Williams/Dunne, and Mambo/ZSJ were all really good matches. Ohno vs Bate was a work of art. Really, really strong match. I don’t really have much to add that’s really already been said.

So far so good, but it hasn’t been great. Really weird booking, another poorly thought out Mandrews match, disappointing finishes, and for the love of god this fucking Haskins/Havoc team. Really thinking about pushing these guys for worst tag team of the year.

Hearing old themes again fucking rules. Should make watching these shows a little more fun. Going to try and get to 69 and 70 tonight too.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Thread Information