Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: PROGRESS Wrestling General Discussion Thread

[Infinite Warfare]

Status
      Country                    UK

Re: PROGRESS Wrestling General Discussion Thread

Same as Nicky, I think it's fine where it is. The further up it goes the more questionable it'd be.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I'm off to London again, this time on two wheels. See here for more & to donate see below.

[Infinite Warfare]

Status

Thought I'd do a little round up of some stuff that's been happening/announced recently

- Confirmed for Strong Style Sixteen 2018 so far are Pete Dunne, Keith Lee & Mark Andrews

- Bracket for the current Natural Progression Series:

Spoiler:

- Jack Sexsmith is using his title shot at Chapter 69, which is PROGRESS's debut in Victoria Warehouse in Manchester (aka, venue upgrade)

-
    Spoiler:

Jimmy Havoc & Mark Haskins won the PROGRESS tag titles from Grizzled Young Vets this past weekend.

- Current card for Chapter 64 next weekend (ThunderBastards Are GO!):
    Thunderbastard Match (entrants TBD)
    Travis Banks defends vs. Matt Riddle
    Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Jonah Rock
    NPS: Mark Davis vs. Maverick Mayhew
    SexyStarr vs. The Anti-Fun Police

I'm off to London again, this time on two wheels. See here for more & to donate see below.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

So they’re going to run two Thunderbastards in the span of a month? Okay.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

[Infinite Warfare]

Status

https://youtu.be/IeFvN3UAgDE

https://youtu.be/PB35rbdfzjY

https://youtu.be/bNZCYYcA96M

I take back my comments from the initial heel turn. Heel Eddie Dennis is delivering BIG time.

Last edited by Postman Dave; 02-22-2018 at 05:42 PM.

Status

Dennis has been a favorite of mine for a bit. Combo of the theme song (RIP) and the amount of personality he showed on one of the first podcasts they did. Timing of his injury sucks, though.

[Infinite Warfare]

Status

Prior to his turn I didn't buy him as a main eventer, but his promos have been great, and combining it with his career change last year he's become a great character with 10x more depth than most.

Eddie vs. Mandrews for the title at Wembley is something I could absolutely get behind now.

Status

Yeah, not gonna claim I saw it coming. I just liked him, never saw him as a likely top guy. He never got a ton of promo time, despite the personality he showed in stuff like that podcast. And his ring work was just good - never outstanding.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    https://youtu.be/IeFvN3UAgDE

https://youtu.be/PB35rbdfzjY

https://youtu.be/bNZCYYcA96M

I take back my comments from the initial heel turn. Heel Eddie Dennis is delivering BIG time.

He’s been absolutely phenomenal since Chase The Sun. Really stepped up to the plate big time. His promos are top notch and his in ring work has been more digestible. I rate that match with Banks higher than most probably.
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

SAY MY NAME

Status
      Country                    England

I've still got a few matches to watch from the show, but Chapter 63 is probably my favourite Progress show since Chapter 45. ZSJ/Bate, Walter/Davis and Riddle and Starr/Dunne and Seven are all very good-great in quality, and the Travis title defence isn't far off them. I'd probably put the MOTN on ZSJ/Bate which was peak ZSJ technical masterclass at times and another mature performance from Tyler.

Poor Mark Davis got opened up off of just 2 Walter chops. Walter does not hold back, wrestles like a shoot, I gotta see this match with Nick Gage.

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

I haven't really been into Progress for months but the recently show was phenomenal. Broduct vs BSS was really good and was very entertaining. I chuckled so hard at that circumcision joke. Mark Davis vs Walter was nasty. It reminded me of Walters match with Ilja at the 16 caret but as least Ilja had some fat on his chest, Davids had nothing. Cringe but I loved it. Zack Sabre Jr vs Tyler Bate was so good. Loved the counters and reveal they had in this match, loved every second. Sabre was at his technical best in this match. Bate was great as well.
    Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRJBHHv_L54

Fucking great promo. For real, I’m really enjoying this guy and this angle is really awesome.

I told you guys this promotion was getting back into form. Honestly I think Progress has been on fire since the Unboxing show at the end of the year. I think that show and since have been each very good shows, but I do agree that Chapter 63 was probably the best show since they freshened things up at the end of the summer (probably a little before that). I knew Walter/Davis would rule. Walter is a god right now and this is a good breakout for Davis. The guy is fucking badass. Bate/ZSJ was a great one and I still can’t believe Tyler is one of the best in ring storytellers going at such a young age. Zach is so fucking interesting to watch. God I hope he comes here in late April. Fingers crossed.

Main event is good, Andrews stuff is great, I still don’t care for Havoc and Haskins and it’s a bummer they dethroned GYV who I absolutely love but I thought their match was good.

House Couture feels like whatever but I applaud them for trying something different with their women’s division as well as kill time until Jinny heals for her match with Toni.
    -------
    Spoiler:

[Infinite Warfare]

Status

I think they've now got over the "Chase The Sun" hangover where all their big angles ended and new ones are picking up steam.

Also not a fan of Haskins/Havok, and I wish BSS would have a more concrete role. Feels like all three are little just hanging around waiting for that full time WWE call-up.

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    So they’re going to run two Thunderbastards in the span of a month? Okay.
    I thought that. I wonder if the reasoning is Eddie Dennis and this angle with Andrews? If the plan all along was to have Eddie win the Thunderbastard in New Orleans, him getting injured fucked that - but him getting injured also helped to cool things down physically and add anticipation, his promo's have been great and MAndrews doing his best impression of a wounded deer while his best friend calls him a fraud have made this possibly the most engaging feud in the promotion right now. So, they can't remove the Thunderbastard from New Orleans, it was the first thing they announced, but they can have another one and it's structure really does help protect Dennis and his injury; he could potentially do next to nothing and still win it, or at least cause serious bodily harm to Andrews.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    I rate that match with Banks higher than most probably.
    I fucking loved that match. I knew nothing about Dennis before he went full time, I barely paid any attention to the UK scene to be honest, but since then I became a fan of his face work - he was fun. His heel turn has been a revelation! Everything about him has changed; his music, how he makes his entrance, how he speaks, his demeanour, the way he wrestles, he's a completely different animal and I fucking love how much I hate him. He's fantastic and if he and Andrews end up headlining Wembley for the title, I would not be shocked.

Just spent the last day watching Live at the Dome and Chapter 63, both really good shows. The Dome was better paced but 63 had the better matches on it, some excellent stuff on both though.

I'll be at Chapter 69. Only my second PROGRESS show and my first in about two years by the time it happens. Really, really looking forward to it.

Ready For Asuka

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Safe to say guys after watching Progress Chapter 63 and NJPW/ROH's Honor Rising Night 1 today I'm wrecked and in need of a Massage for sure. Chapter 63 was easily one of the best Chapters I had the pleasure to watch, and it's coming up on a year of me watching Progress when it all started for me during the Strong Style Tourney in 2017. I really liked how they had Charlie turn on Toni Storm, who has defended her Progress Women's Title more times than the Red Belt for Stardom lolz. Toni vs the world at this point, she's running outta options for friends, and the stacking of the odds Toni will have to go through to beat Jinny when she's healthy again tells me we could be seeing a new champ when she does return. I found it funny though Jinny's Outfit, my Mother had a similar Outfit when I was in Elementary School hmm Soccer Mom much ha.

Webster vs Mandrews. Can I say for me, this is the best performance in my opinion I've seen from Morgan Webster. He met Mandrews at the pass during every moment of the Match and it makes me wonder why hasn't this guy been given more chances to show all of this. I do find it interesting with the Vickie Haskins thing we brings it all back, was Vicky taking of Mod's Helmet as a plan to have the Grizzled Young Vets pissed at Morgan, and thus keep them away from her fellas in the future? If that was the plan that's fucking brilliant, I love you more now Vicky. Dennis after the Match was great as always, no I'm not going to 205 Live you fuckers and damn that Ring Crew guy saved Mandrews live. I never seen the Ring Crew be able to do that, but let's not give them too much credit considering those fuckers don't know how to use a Push Broom to get Broken Glass outta the Ring.

Bate vs Sabre is why I love Wrestling, and to me this Show overall had me in a stir to the point where I had to pause and say what I did just see. When it comes to Progress Wrestling it's neck and neck when it comes for me on who I love more outta the Strong Style members Chapter to Chapter. Bate vs Sabre was really good and you keep saying to yourself Bate is a young buck imagine him 3 or 4 years from now the greatness he'll be creating for Wrestling is a great feeling I have. It was great that it took a new move from Sabre to finish off Bate, because the pain threshold was high in this Match and he wasn't ready for that Submission at the end.

Sexsmith had a very interesting segment after this, he's challenging for the Progress World Title at Chapter 69 and he's going to New Orleans for Wrestlemania Weekend lucky guy. I guess they'll try to get the title off of Banks by then they have 5 Chapters to do so, but who knows maybe they just might have Banks vs Sexsmith. They had Dunne vs Sexsmith months back and it was a good bout, so I imagine whoever he faces it should be a quality Match.

NEXT to the Match of the Night with Broduct vs British Strong Style. You know it's not only that I love Progress Wrestling for it's Wrestling alone, the entertainment whether it's for a segment after a Match or a promo/segment just before the Match begins it's always a great time when you watch this company. I truly did mark when Starr and Riddle put on the Jackets of Dunne and Seven. It was truly back and forth and man the interactions with Riddle and Dunne had me ready to rub my nipples and make sure I'm still here in this Universe. You got what you wanted in this Match, just don't see any negative aspect to this Match at all.

Davis vs Walter. Hey Davis welcome to the big leagues brother, do you want a Atlas Championship title shot or nah? I wonder and maybe someone can answer me this, did it seem that Davis bladed his Chest to get the blood pouring across his Chest or is that just me? I know I saw Walter/Thatcher[Match of the Year for 2018 for Progress] and those guys took forever it felt to show color. Nah it was probably the Wrist tape that had me thinking that, but still I felt so bad for Davis taking those shots over and more and having to get up. Davis could of taken his Tail between his legs and went home fast, but he stood in there and got in his own Offense and seemed like a guy that can be more than a Tag Team Wrestler for the Company.

I still don't know to feel about the Tag Team Championship Match I gotta be honest. Two heel teams making us want to decide who do you want to see win, and neither really did that job. This Match felt like a Angle type of Match as we saw with Morgan trying to get his Helmet causing the distraction for the title change. Vicky doing all of this early in the show and having that come back and be a gift for their team to win, shows Vicky is just not a pretty fast with a Barbed Wire Baseball Bat. Still the Match was okay, just didn't float my boat. I would say though the development with Morgan and Vicky has me really interested to see if Morgan would turn heel?

Banks vs TK Cooper vs Brookes. Yeah a good Main Event, where all three guys looked superb in the Match. I was like hey guys can we we stop throwing and tossing Chairs at each other, we aren't playing with Pillows here, we are playing with Chairs that can send any one of you to the Hospital really quick. I wonder what is there to do with Banks as Champ, because it seems Cooper and Brookes is going to be a program, and he'll try to get that respect outta Cooper than he somehow didn't earn I bet.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

I hear the crowd kind of turned on Travis Banks last Progress Show. I'm not a huge fan of the guy but I thought he was very popular so why the sudden change of opinion by the fans or do you think it's a one time thing.
    Spoiler:

[Infinite Warfare]

Status

May be a London thing, so wait and see for now.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

It’s been the last couple shows really. I don’t know what’s going on. Maybe some people are going the Ed route and getting a little bored of him. It’s unfortunate. I still really enjoy him.
    -------
    Spoiler:

SAY MY NAME

Status

It's not a new thing in Progress, the fans turned on Will Ospreay when he became the champion. It might just be they enjoyed Travis more in the chase than as the champ, or they tire of babyfaces quickly, or the terminator booking is getting a bit much with how much he survives every match. Whatever it is, it's a bit strong to boo the guy.

SAY MY NAME

Status

Well, after watching Riddle Vs Banks I can see exactly why the crowd boo'd him, they were already a little edgy on him during the thing, but they lost the crowd completely with the finish and this could come back to haunt them in future shows. I hated that match and how they had Banks survive everything and just win. LOLBANKSWINS. Riddle goes above and beyond what he usually does in matches with a broast to broast and a fucking tombstone piledriver from the top rope, but Banks gets the shoulder up. He nails his usual gotch-style tombstone slam, but banks gets the shoulder up. He's killing the dude with elbows and then locks in the Bromission and he looks knocked out cold and then the lights come back on and Banks just weakly rolls him up for a fluke 3 count. It's bullshit, and that crowd chanted exactly that. Banks was horrendous in that closing stretch.

Didn't think much of Thunderbastard either because my least favourite wrestler in the whole thing, Flash Morgan Webster, won it. Flash w/ Vicky Haskins Vs Banks is certainly not a direction I'm looking forward to. Eddie/Mandews was all angle because they never touched.

ZSJ/Rock ruled though, would really recommend that match from the show. I had never seen Jonah Rock before (I think) and he doesn't wrestle the way you'd expect.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I’m not a fan of the Vicky/Webster stuff but him winning didn’t sour me on how ridiculously fun that match was. Really enjoyed the Thunderbastards. Top notch stuff.

Riddle/Banks was very disappointing. Booking sucked and Travis switching his fun style into being a Davey Clone isn’t the Travis I want to see.

Jonah Rock has improved.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Thread Information