Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The Video Game Debate Club

The Light of Dawn

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    Italy

Re: The Video Game Debate Club

Well, 1,2,3 obviously the most. Though I like 4 more than I do of 4 for RE.

Though weighing the first 3 of both series against eachother, I'd have to give it to Silent Hill.

Another one I really like more than both is Dino Crisis. Though, only the first one.
    Time stood still, and it shared with me all that had been, and all that was to come.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Vayne View Post
    Well, 1,2,3 obviously the most. Though I like 4 more than I do of 4 for RE.

Though weighing the first 3 of both series against eachother, I'd have to give it to Silent Hill.

Another one I really like more than both is Dino Crisis. Though, only the first one.
    You're obnoxious.

The Light of Dawn

Status
      Country                    Italy

What a wonderful and constructive comment that has a lot to do with a thread based on friendly debate and matter of opinion.
    Time stood still, and it shared with me all that had been, and all that was to come.

Son of Sam

Status
      Country                    United States

Has anybody actually played Silent Hill lately? It's aged about as good as milk.

Remember, Silent Hill had a nice budget behind it to attempt to do much of the stuff it was trying to do, including tweaking the controls slightly. Unfortunately, they suck, really bad. They're just awful. That being said, Silent Hill has "better" horror aspects.

Regardless though, Resident Evil is the better aged game by a landslide. People can complain about the tank controls all they want, it worked better in RE than SH. Hell, with such a shoestring budget, it's still a better looking game than SH (cutscenes don't count). The reason is, instead of creating a pretentious and pretty bullshit plot that SH has, they focused on the game first and foremost before worrying about the plot.

Now, if I could make a suggestion for people looking for a definitive Resident Evil 1, it's not the original, and it's not the Director's cut. Get the DS version. (Just an aside, really)

And Vayne, yes, you are obnoxious, never would I ever rate SH 1, 2, AND 3 over the RE games. Also, Dino Crisis sucks fucking balls. It's Mikami's infamous dino game... with more pretentious puzzles and boring cutscenes than actual dinosaurs...

Grim's Threads

Spoiler:

Grim Reviews Random Games / WWE: Rewriting History / Resident Evil: Raccoon City

Status

Haven't played a ton of any of em but RE4 is one of my favorite games ever so I give the nod to that series as a whole, though I think this is more specifically about the individual games, yes?

Also cut it with the shit posting.

Tap Tap Tap

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Alexii Kavanagh | Restoring Order BTB
    WC Rumble Winner 2017: I guess that makes me less lame

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

The Light of Dawn

Status
      Country                    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Haven't played a ton of any of em but RE4 is one of my favorite games ever so I give the nod to that series as a whole, though I think this is more specifically about the individual games, yes?

Tap Tap Tap
    Agreed. RE4 I enjoyed, but I felt it was ....a bit different than what I was used to for RE, and had more action to it. While that doesn't in anyway make it a bad game, it was just a bit different than how I would of preferred the style of gameplay. The mineshaft part I thought was really fun, though.

Anyway, to ignore the comments by the others and focus on actual topic at hand...(Because name calling over a matter of opinion on which two great games is better is silly.)

The reason I prefer Silent Hill to RE (As far as 1 vs 1), is mostly a combination of story telling and atmosphere. The sound also played a roll.

There were aspects of both games I preferred over each other, but overall for me I prefer Silent Hill.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post

Tap Tap Tap
    Yeah, individual games listed only. If this was series vs series Resident Evil 2 alone would crush it.

Personally I'm 50/50 on RE1 and Silent Hill. Resident Evil is one of my favorite games of all time but Silent Hill has better controls and was the first game that legitimately gave me nightmares. Resident Evil looks prettier despite being a few years older. Silent Hill has more replay value due to all the alternate endings and Easter eggs.

[12:14 AM] Nash: Jiggs is reaching top 5 Nash fave GOAT status in such rapid speed
    [12:15 AM]
    Nash: it'll definitely go to his head

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

I played through Resident Evil numerous times and never got tired of it. Silent Hill was great but I never felt the need to go back and play it again so I'll give the nod to RE on that basis alone.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Movies of 2016~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One
    But even I went too far when I said my character didn't have a penis

Son of Sam

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    Yeah, individual games listed only. If this was series vs series Resident Evil 2 alone would crush it.

Personally I'm 50/50 on RE1 and Silent Hill. Resident Evil is one of my favorite games of all time but Silent Hill has better controls and was the first game that legitimately gave me nightmares. Resident Evil looks prettier despite being a few years older. Silent Hill has more replay value due to all the alternate endings and Easter eggs.
    Don't forget REmake friendo!

I don't know about that. I had a far easier time working the tank controls in Resident Evil than I did Silent Hill. I'd have to play both games again just to be sure, but I always felt the camera work in RE was better done (not from an aesthetic standpoint but from a compatibility and gameplay standpoint).

As I said, Silent Hill was the superior horror game, but as a total package, Resident Evil is far and away the winner to me. I think you also forgot Jiggy that Resident Evil had 6 endings... and two campaigns. Which has more replayability now?

Grim's Threads

Spoiler:

Grim Reviews Random Games / WWE: Rewriting History / Resident Evil: Raccoon City

I'm a hound dog.

Status

Granted the 6 endings are VERY minor but it did make me replay the remake a lot just to have all the endings in the gallery to watch.

if we are talking pure horror alone I would say silent hill but I obviously enjoy RE1 more

Status

Entry #4

VERSUS

BIOSHOCK (Playstation 3, Xbox 360, PC - 2007) vs Fallout 3 (Playstation 3, Xbox 360, PC - 2008)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

[Blank Space]

Status

Easy one for me.

Tried Bioshock, not my cup of tea. Fallout 3 is one of my favourite games ever, no contest.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Yep, easy for me too. Fallout franchise (along with the Elder Scrolls franchise) is one of my favorites. Just absolutely fantastic. Not insulting the other game, just very pro FO.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

never really liked either. thought Fallout 3 was a let down tbh and haven't really played much BioShock but heard it's got a real good story to it.

Spoiler:

POWERFUL RANGERS

Zero
    Silk
    Shake
    Benwah
    HoHo

Cliff 'Em All

Status

I'm surprised at how much I don't really care for the Fallout franchise considering my love for the scrolls. Stopped giving a fuck about FO3 after I nuked Megaton whereas I loved BioShock all the way through.

Team CD | Lurk & Jurk | Ribs & Salsa | Team Cyrus T

I'm a hound dog.

Status

pretty much feel the same. I beat Fallout3 all the way through because it was the first game I had on my gaming PC and I just didn't care. Only played it because it's all I had.

Bioshock I've tried to play multiple times and stop playing after probably an hour. I'm sure it's great but It just never pulled me in.

If I have to choose I'll pick Fallout3 just because there's more to do in the game. Open world explorations and such.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Think an Elder Scrolls vs. Fallout comparison would've been more interesting here. I have a hard time comparing these two, they're just so vastly different. I've not played BioShock first hand, mostly watched my brother play it. I've played Fallout 3 but like Skyrim, eventually realized it was an empty time sink and I haven't been interested in getting back. Blowing up Megaton was great though. BioShock is on my to-play list.

People's Champion

Status

I also find this a weird match. I hated Fallout 3 though. I cant stand "those chose what to reply" games.

I want to play Bioshock but the theme isnt grabbing me for a FPS.

Status

I've got Elder Scroll lined up for the next entry. If you've played both BioShock and Fallout 3 first hand you'd be able to spot countless similarities between the two games. The main difference between the two is that one is linear and the other open world (but not open ended). The 1940's inspired dystopian worlds, the tone, the soundtrack, near identical controls, similar leveling mechanics, etc. You'd swear to god they used the same voice actors too.

[12:14 AM] Nash: Jiggs is reaching top 5 Nash fave GOAT status in such rapid speed
    [12:15 AM]
    Nash: it'll definitely go to his head

Ace that Runs this Place

Status

Love Fallout franchise. I even liked New Vegas, glitches and all.
    TGoHo: WC's Greatest Tag Team

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion

Thread Information